Reviews of Surmeli Istanbul Hotel 5 stars

Prof. Dr. Bulent Tarcan Sokak No:3 Gayrettepe, Besiktas, 34349 Istanbul, Turkey

#786 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

Great time in Surmeli hotel
    • Family Suite

My family and I stayed there at 23Jun-27Jun. We really like this hotel, because we had a great time there. We had a nice room on the 9th floor with a nice city view. The hotel was so clean, comfortable with delicious breakfast. And, the last but the most important thing is that the staff, they were so kind and really helpful specially Saljuk, Cem, Aylin, Deniz. By the way, I will choose this hotel in my next trip to Istanbul, thank you so much😊

Not worth the money
    • Superior Triple Room

The day of arrival to the hotel, no one helped us to take the luggage from the car to the inside of the hotel (two of the staff were just looking at us while we carrying the luggage) The receptionist is rude and not smiling at all, we arrived at 1 am and there was not enough water for us so I called him from the room and he was angry and closed the call quickly They didnt put tissue in the room everyday, so we have to requested it from them, they didnt change the blankets for one week and it was horrible We had to change the room because there wasnt water the toilet We booked triple room and the third extra bed was uncomfortable The day of checkout they didnt help us to weight our luggage All the staff in lobby were unfriendly

The area
    • Superior Triple Room

Poor service Cleanliness Comfort Bathrooms uncomfortably small No door locks, staff were coming in without knocking as well No refill on complimentary water Moody receptionists Carpets, floors and tables barely clean, always dirty and causes allergies Pillows very uncomfortable and hard, no pillows available even though a pillow menu was shown Two of my family members got an infection, one required medical attention Unexplainable high price, could have stayed at another 4-5 star penthouse for the same small standard room price This hotel has to be considered a 4 star hotel and should lower their prices big time, which would be moreover fitting

The area

• Superior Room

They did not give proper info and they have charge more than it was usual. One time I asked them to bring toothpaste but they did not bring it and they just gave us one buttel of water in check in and all things there cost a leg and arms. For breckfast it dose not matter how many days you stay they charge you 10£ for each person. And the rate of exchang was really high which means although the location was good but I will not go there again. Yours

Enjoyable stay
    • Superior Room

I enjoy my stay at the Surmeli Hotel, location is convenient, staff is attentive and helpful, room is well equipped and comfortable, breakfast gives a lot of variety. I would recommend the Hotel and personally would be back with pleasure.

you get what you paid for
    • Superior Room

we booked through booking.com and they could not find the reservation and it took them a very long time to book us a matching price room. the reception was slow we had to change rooms as the AC was not working properly during summer which is very bad. we appreciated the stuff help but it should not be the case

it is exactly what we paid for and it was kinda cheap price. the location is great though

Nothing special, out of the way! 4 star, clean and good sleep
    • Superior Triple Room

Having to pay up front on arrival, night reception staff glum, lack of understanding of english from staff overall, tea and cofee bitter while the rest of Istanbul and even room tea and coffee much nicer. I was asked to take swimming vest off when swimming on day 2 when they allowed on day 1. They rooms werent all that superior at all. 4 star max. Has all the facilities but nothing special. Out of the way and on a hilly area.

Some staff were really nice, breakfast was good, front desk day staff really nice, lifts all work, parking on site, cleaning women are nice and helpful too. They changed room upon request but on 3rd day!

Don't waste your money
    • Superior Room

Tough staff, old furniture, unclean bathrooms, very bad location its far from everything, this hotel very far to be 5 starts. During my staying I called the reception three times only: 1- I asked them to open the AC for me coz It was not working but they answered me that they won't turn on the AC and you can open the window :D. ( it was in May) 2- I asked for iron, then after half an hour I called again to ask why it is late ,but they answered me that no iron in the hotel. 3- the second day I told them you forgot to put bottles of water in my room , they said we offer water only in the first day then you have to ask and its charged.

There is a taxi center beside the hotel

• Superior Room

Room small... Furniture is old Staff doesn't speak english good..i call room service to order lunch they didnot understand what am saying ... The check in was so slow and not good Loction is not that good

It was a good normal stay.
    • Superior Room

The receptionist could be more helpful with directions and where to eat and what to do...( that's what I'm used to normally). On the website it says that the breakfast ends at 11:30 and at 10:45 there was no more food. Plus Nobody asked me what I wanted to drink ... I booked a king sized bed since I'm alone but I got twin beds. They Asked for 200TL deposit that I didn't know about. There was a weird smell in the lobby (I read about it in the reviews too)

the most affordable 5 stars hotel in the zone I wanted. Not the most luxurious room but good and clean. The staff was friendly specially the cleaning ladies and the security guy. The receptionist was understanding and helpful.

Didn't like it at all.
    • Superior Room

Bathroom was so small and dirty, wifi poor, room was smelly, carpet dirty, for a five-star hotel you expect that breakfast will be at least decent but unfortunatelly it was terrible. Unfriendly staff. Definitelly not a 5star hotel.

Comfort of the bed, location.

It was a good satisfying stay based on the price overal.
    • Superior Room

They put 2 mineral waters in the first day, but they don’t put any more for the rest of your stay considering they charge you like 80$ per nights.

They have a massage place, gym, and pool. Staff were nice and helpful.

Their WiFi system was terrible, very poor and unreliable.
    • Superior Room

Their WiFi system was terrible, very poor and unreliable. This hotel does not meet your expectation about the Internet. I had been staying three days at their hotel and suffering from a poor Internet service.

This hotel is 3 star not 5
    • Superior Room

This is hotel is no where near a 5 star hotel , they edit the pic on the app and fool customers. Small hotel Dirty Aged Walls dirty Bath floor dirty Beds were not changed and there was stain on the sheet, Breakfast was not good at all Coffee was the worse part

Notting to like there

Very bad experience!
    • Deluxe Room

Do not go thinking it is 5 star hotel! This hotel has got to be the worst 5-star experience anywhere on earth. I'm traveling all over the world, staying in the very best hotels. That gives me the perspective to compare. The Surmeli Istanbul Hotel is staffed with inexperienced personnel straight out of school. Such bad rooms, stinking washrooms, untidy bedspreads, badly maintained rooms. And top it all such bad behavior and unfriendly manner from staffs. Not at all guest friendly. Don't even think about stepping into this old fashioned place even if it is for one single night. The location is not good at all. You can find lots of better places in Istanbul. The Breakfast is OK not the best. the WiFi was terrible, the rooms were old, I would not be coming back to this hotel again. I have meanwhile heard a number of negative comments from friends and associates.

The location was brilliant for getting around !
    • Superior Room

There was nothing really that we didn’t like - however I would say that the rooms are in need of a little update - not quite 5 star quality but still a nice hotel and we had a wonderful break !

The location was brilliant for getting around ! It was close to all of the tourist attractions and the taxi rank was just outside the hotel which was very convenient. The staff were helpful and polite and the rooms were always clean and tidy.

No internet! Dumb staff!!
    • Superior Room

There is no internet in this hotel, my second time and I never could connect in it and have properly working wifi! N the strange things no one knows why it is not:) staff is strange especially the receiption guy I guess he was head of team:) he was trying to prove that I m wrong with my booking details n expected me to see what he sees in his system:) who are working on that position:) not normal at all :))weird!!! N :)) he was looking at me with surprised eyes!!! No way I ll recommend this hotel n stay there any more!!!

Location is fine, especially if you avoid noisy and touristic parts.

Terriable experience!
    • Superior Room

The pool which was the main reason why we've chosen this hotel was too small Breakfest time was too short, it was diffucult to adopt ourselves to wake up early in a vacation time. There was water problem in shover, you can not arrange the heat, especially in mornings. The reception was not in a helping mood, especially Mr Emre was so rude and behaving as a real liar. I have chosen a non smoking room but they have reserved a smoking room(see the picture). Etc; etc; etc.. All in all it was the worst experience I have faced. Some may say too many coincidences, it may be but the problem is they did not try to solve and some problems like water scarcity in shover, shortness of breakfast time, the smallest pool I have ever seen in such a hotel could not be coincidence!....

A mixed feeling
    • Superior Room

The staff barely spoke English. It took them 10 min. to find my reservation on their system despite the fact that I showed them my booking details. I could easily hear people talking in the next room, so I could sleep only once they slept. The furniture in the room were really old, so it felt like staying at a 3-star hotel.

Maybe only the price and the fact that they upgraded my room for free. The bed was really comfortable.

Don't book this place. You will be very disappointed.
    • Superior Room

Wifi was not working in the room and barely in the lobby. The bed sheet was dirty the day we arrived. At night what ever it is there is a sound from ventilation or something which is disturbing. The hotel crew, except for maybe two people are rude and stressed. They didnt even ask me if I had a nice stay when I checked out. I would never put my foot in this hotel again, ever.

Overall pleasant stay
    • Superior Room

Internet sucks in all areas of hotel, in fitness center which is in last floor you don't have connection at all, I asked to allow me to connect, the manager rejected, saying it ll overall slow down to connection in fitness center:) then question who is guest?!:) for whom is this Internet should to work for?'

Clean,central, kind reception, nice view from fitness center over to Bosporus

The view from the hotel rooms, sauna and gym was very nice.
    • Superior Single Room

The lining and towels were worn out. One day the breakfast was very nice, the other day quite poor. The pool was closed even it was beutiful hot day. And the staff was noisy in the morning.

The view from the hotel rooms, sauna and gym was very nice. The design of the hotel was special. The distance to nearest Metro station was about 10 minutes walk.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Beautiful hotel
    • Superior Room

Beautiful hotel, very good staff, Is in the hart of the City. Breakfast was amaizing, Perfect view from the hotel room, I would love to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Not a 5 star hotel anymore!!
    • Superior Room

Not a 5 star hotel anymore. I have stayed there several times in the past. Place need a serious refurb in bathrooms and in general. The staff booked 6 young people next to my room and they were quite noisy - with so many other empty rooms they could have place os more seperately so my nightsleep was not so affected! I complained but 1 oclock at night my sleep was already gone!!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Location , Staff

This Hotel with good location and very nice staffs just need to renew or re design the rooms because of old still rooms but comfort and clean , good breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Noise levels need to be kept to a minimum..
    • Superior Room

We we were woken up twice by cleaning staff on the early hours of the morning of our first days stay. Despite telling them not to come in they entered into the room which I found very annoying. Second thing the hotel needs to improve on is noise levels. I do not want to hear cleaners talking loudly to each other at 9am in the morning.

Location is quite central. Great staff on ground floor always willing to help.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Home sweet home.
    • Superior Room

We really felt at home in this peaceful hotel. All the staff were nice and always smiling and greeting the guests. Special thanks to the gentlemen at the front desk who did our initial check-in. Our booking was initially for one night but we extended our stay for six more nights. Also, we were given a free upgrade to a suit room from the first night which was very nice. Our kids enjoyed their stay and had a nice swim in the swimming pool. Overall, we were very happy and will definately consider this hotel for our next stay. Thank you Surmeli staff for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

It is at the heart of istanbul.
    • Superior Room

Wifi is weak. Very slow at 8th floor. No wifi at the pool.

It is at the heart of istanbul. The staff especially pool and front desk are nice and helpful

Looby and breakfast is very good but rooms is very old sam 3...

Rooms

Looby and breakfast is very good but rooms is very old sam 3 stars hotel

Friendly and helpful receptions, Clean rooms

Friendly and helpful receptions, Clean rooms

Everything was perfect

Everything was perfect

Check in took forever!
    • Superior Room

Check in took forever! Had to wait for almost 30 minutes.

Nothing good

Everything i dont like

Nothing good

No water for drinks

Sürmeli Hotel Gayrettepe recording guests information and sharing to local police! Be attended!

Rude Stuff

Poor service
    • Superior Room

Staff is very cold. Never answer questions and lazy

Wifi is very poor

Wifi is very poor

Hope they improve

Laundry is not included.....no SPA

Nothing.it was normal

Good

Shopping

Food

Will not stay there again

Air conditioner. Room service

i have been cheated
    • Superior Triple Room

they keep me in a room which is not the one i confirm . and still they charge me the same amount where the room i stay in was less amount,

Not good facilities.
    • Superior Room

Not good facilities. Shower was broken

exellent
    • Superior Room

everything goo very happy thr only problem ws the location of thr hotel which is not a problem

mornig receipetion staff was soo gentle and educated

loud voice from road

mornig receipetion staff was soo gentle and educated

Comfortable hotel for business or short stay if you don't want to be close to center/touristic place
    • Superior Room

Little bit far from touristic area so need taxi

Good breakfast and quiet area Confortable rooms

Not a 5 either 4 star hotel. Top 3 star property is the best to describe

Poor wifi in the room

Family atmosphere

Reasonable location close to malls
    • Superior Room

Service poor and gym and spa didn't open till mid morning

Reasonable location close to malls

service, room, stuff

Location and loby

the breakfast and the bed
    • Superior Room

location was difficult to find

the breakfast and the bed

I have never seen this kind of horrible place in my life and...
    • Superior Room

I have never seen this kind of horrible place in my life and so unfriendly staff.And I leaved this place before my check out day .

Bad wifi

Bad wifi Dirty food

Gym.

Shower and spa.

Gym.

Veryy old

Veryy old

Location is great, that’s one and only win.
    • Superior Room

Staff was arrogant, slow to take action.

Location is great, that’s one and only win.

Staff was very helpful.
    • Superior Room

Very old. Room was quite small, no enough facilities.

Staff was very helpful. Location is good for me.

I do not recommend this hotel!
    • Superior Room

Really expensive in comparison to its quality. A three-star like hotel.

The price and breakfast
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms was so small and the bathroom was in basic standard not wow

The price and breakfast

Nice hotel in cosmopolit area of istambul

Small pool

Nice hotel in cosmopolit area of istambul

Good value for money
    • Superior Room

most of the staff were very helpful and polite.

Comfortable
    • Superior Room

Fire exit regulation should be in the room and fire exit to be make more prominent

Rooms are dirty, smells bad
    • Superior Room

The hotel is old rooms smells nad and they are dirty, the house kiping deosn't clean the rooms well. The wifi is very very bad.

Very good

Yas

Good

Good location !
    • Superior Room

Not as we expected,the rooms are too small also.

Good location !

Hotel accomodaties ok. Go eat and drink outsider.
    • Superior Room

Very slow internet. Restaurant - bar very expensive.

Staff ok

Location and safety were great.
    • Superior Single Room

WiFi was terrible !! Very poor connection.

Location and safety were great.

Very good staff
    • Superior Room

Very small not comfortable rooms in which there is little light

Very good staff

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

NOT A FIVE STAR HOTEL
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

IT WAS VERY DIRTY ( THE PILLOWS HAD HEAVY BODY ODOUR ) NEEDS SERIOUS RENOVATION AND DEFINITELY NOT A FIVE STAR HOTEL

ONLY THE STAFF

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Reccomended

n/a

comfy bed, clean hotel, close to underground, AMAZING staff and delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The loction

Smoking room

The loction

The same breakfast everyday

Great hotel

it is all great

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The location is good, the rest sucks
    • Superior Room

Very old hotel, needs urgent renovation

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

very friendly and helpfull staff.
    • Superior Room

very friendly and helpfull staff. i like the fact that there is 24 hour room service.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Good Place and helpful staff
    • Superior Room

The hotel was very clean and the bed was really comfortable. my room was big enough and everything was functioning properly.