Reviews of Karaca Hotel 4 stars

Sevket Ozcelik Sokak No:55 Sevgi Yolu (Alsancak), Konak, 35420 Izmir, Turkey

#21 of 101 hotels in Izmir

Very satisfactory
    • Standard Room

The plastic furniture at the balkoni were dusted. No hooks at the side of the washbasin to hang the face-towels. There is just a bar under it, but is not convenient. Some staff didn't smile, or say hello.

The decoration and the atmosphere of the lounge rooms and restaurant at the ground floor. Nice open view with palm-trees from my balcony. Big space in room and bathroom. Cleanliness of bathroom.

Izmir stay
    • Standard Room

Vegetarianism is not well understood (but this is true of Turkey in general); more power outlets required for the various devices we all carry.

Great location close to the old town, the harbour and the major sites. Staff were very he lpful and English language skills amongst the staff were far better than my Turkish ☺

Good location and excellent breakfast
    • Standard Room

Hotel is quite run down. Staff did their best but it needs proper renovation. Works occurring during my stay included relentless drilling from 10am to 18:30. YOU SHOULD INFORM YOUR GUESTS OF RENOVATIONS AT THE BOOKING STAGE, NOT ARRIVAL STAGE. Also my room/floor stank of smoke. Supposed to be non smoking room. All in all I expected better.

Good location and excellent breakfast

very good
    • Standard Room

I asked for a smoking room which I did not get and one large bed - but got two singles. I did asked to be moved and they agreed to move me the next day, however, I was already settled in and did not want the bother of changing rooms. I am also unhappy about my bill as I paid for one room by paypal but have had 3 payments taken from me 18th February £35.29. 18th February £50.97 18th February £32.94 I would ask you to look into this for me as I am sure I have been overcharged.

The room was very comfortable and the bed was very good

good location, but too old
    • Standard Room

old bathroom, in fact, everything is old. One lamp was broken they kept asking me if I broke it. AC is very old and it dries out the room.

Good location, large rooms. Breakfast is sort of OK. Internet is good.

Check-in crew had off day! Crap service this time
    • Executive Room

Checking staff was clumsy and not really understanding/ friendly . First They lost my reservation Then They gave wrong (cheap backside) room Lock of door not working (everytime concierge had to come to 6th floor to open the door. Wifi was initially not working (first it took a long time then they did not tell that I was just the figures of the passport, not the full number)

As always, Location is for me the most important and that is nice. This time the breakfast was good again (last time it was less) Morning staff was the familiar staff and that works always fine !! They always make me smile in the morning!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Nice location, Wifi and (fresh) breakfast can improve
    • Executive Room

Wifi is bad.... from Balcony I had no signal, though I had signal from Renaissance hotel 200 meter away(!) that I used. Breakfast quite ok, fresh like cucumber and tomatos where kind of dried out.

I stay here regurlarly (more reviews) Location is super, rooms on front are nice. Close to the see side, shops and restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Helpful staff, comfortable hotel
    • Standard Room

I was unwell during my visit and the staff could not have been more helpful. They changed my room and organised taxis and this was done in a friendly manner

Value for money.
    • Standard Room

Room view sucked. If you're not that good with directions and miss a sense of guidance it'll take you some time to get used to the area. Don't exchange money at the hotel they offer ridiculously bad rates...

Bath & Shower, Breakfast quality and variety. Very clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Free Wifi. Complimentary coffee, tea and water in our room daily.

Friendly central and convenient
    • Executive Room

being the only occupants of the restaurant one night but with currant problems could not be helped.

friendly central and within easy reach of the various places we wished to visit. Although due to the rather unpleasant weather we were unable to visit some places that we had hoped to!! this is a great area for visiting especially when the weather behaves.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Nice stay again, though Staff had off day......
    • Executive Room

Though fast checking in, staff was not really customer oriented. Just efficient in their job, did not make you feel welcome. Same with checking out. A real pity, as the hotel itself is nice and I love to stay at this place. Breakfast the same: I know it can be good and can have a nice variety, though this time really a lot of empty plates. So maybe the personnel had an off day. I know they can do better.

The location is nice, close to the sea, nice are to walk around after a days work. The rooms with front (Suisse Hotel Garden) view are nice, super to sit on the balcony and enjoy the rest and view. (avoid the backside view rooms of the hotel, they are only good for sleeping) Check-inn was really fast: within 1,5 minute from entering the hotel door to get into the room! (OK, maybe because I stayed here before they have fewer checks to do, but still)

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

My second-home . Prefer this hotel in Izmir
    • Executive Room

I'm not really a fan of carpets on the floors... WI-Fi connection could be much better ..

Nice comfortable rooms. Nice breakfast. Staff is allways kind and helpful... The hotel is close to everything ..

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Great location of the hotel.
    • Standard Room

The "hot" part of breakfast (eggs, side dishes such as sausages, etc) would be cold if one goes for breakfast after 9.15 am, that could be improved.

Great location of the hotel. Staff at reception was very helpful throughout our stay. Clean hotel, comfortable amenities. Breakfast spread was good. Would definitely stay again if ever in Izmir and would recommend to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Lovely staff, lovely location
    • Standard Room

Was told we could not have a coffee one evening because water machine was turned off and yet saw a large group of visitors having chai later!

The staff, especially reception and the doormen were superb. Location was in a lovely little side street

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Everything looks perfect until you arrive to hotel.
    • Standard Room

I had a lot of hotel experiences all around the world but Karacaotel is the first one that made me totally disappointment. they said that i will have private parking lot but no, they dint have parking lot, they just park on the street same as other people who doesn't stay in the hotel. second problem is wifi, it is too slow. I cannot even check my emails from my laptop. I had to use my mobile phone hot spot for checking my mails. the hotel looks clean and new, but it is not clean at all.

The location is acceptable, close to restaurants and 'Kordon' which you can find a lot nice bar, restaurants and cafes.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Very convenient hotel
    • Standard Room

You should install a coffee machine for breakfast coffee/espresso/cappuccino.

Staff was very positive and careful with me. Room was large enough and the bathroom well equipped.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Great location, very convenient, in a quiet side street between the Hilton and the Swiss Hotels
    • Standard Room

Great location, very convenient, but in a quiet side street between the Hilton and the Swiss Hotels. Clean, comfortable rooms, very attentive and helpful staff.

I will go back
    • Standard Room

Good hotel right in Alsankac.

Enjoyable stay!

Very nice cosy hotel, well located and staff are friendly

Excellent location,neat & clean

Excellent location,neat & clean

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Not worth
    • Standard Room

The place are not clean and must be renovated!!!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Excellent location, breakfast and value for the money

Excellent location, breakfast and value for the money

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good little hotel
    • Standard Room

bathrooms need an upgrade, carpets in the rooms need to be changed

Location great, great atmosphere, spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

A sweet place to stay in Izmir
    • Standard Room

Location is nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

big nice clean room

No iron desk.

big nice clean room

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

Staff were all very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast was somewhat disappointing. Not terrible, but could have been better.

Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Room was quite nice, roomy and clean. Liked having a balcony.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Staff and overall service and facilities, good breakfast.

Very little. Better a front-side room (for a little higher price): back-side rooms have a very limited view

Staff and overall service and facilities, good breakfast. Central location.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

This hotel was a lovely place to stay.

This hotel was a lovely place to stay. It's one of the first tall buildings in Izmir and maintains traditional standards of courtesy and hospitality. Unlike most hotels in Turkey, there is a bath as well as shower and it was lovely to relax with a soak after busy days of sight-seeing. There is also an on-site masseuse, so this is a really comfortable place to spend a few days. Not to mention the on-site cinema, with some of the films shown with their original English dialogue (I saw The Dressmaker). The hotel is a couple of minutes' walk from the main station. Some travel guides advise against the walk but I did it a couple of times with no hassles whatsoever.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Hotel right place right cost clean and comfortable .

Staff where not very forth coming did there job that was all. House keeping great friendly warm nothing was to much trouble other staff should take note.

Hotel right place right cost clean and comfortable .

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Amazing breakfast, loved the honeycomb.

Noise from wedding reception on floor above but it wasn't loud enough to be a significant problem for us.

Amazing breakfast, loved the honeycomb. Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. It was good to be on a non-smoking floor. Good selection of toiletries. Free shuttle bus provided by the hotel makes airport transfers easy and cost-effective. Staff are extremely helpful and make you feel welcome. Good location, just a few streets away from the Kemeralti Bazaar and a short walk to Konak Pier. We have stayed in this hotel 3 times now and will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

A big and comfortable room, a very nice staff, a good...

A big and comfortable room, a very nice staff, a good breakfast, and the wonderful location, in a beatiful street full of palm trees, restaurants and cafes, near the sea shore and other interesting points.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

We liked everything about this hotel and were very happy...

there was nothing we did not like about this hotel.

We liked everything about this hotel and were very happy there for 14 nights. The staff were were very professional, polite and helpfull at all times. We would stay there again without question.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

I stayed in Karaca Hotel just one night, i came around 19:00...

I stayed in Karaca Hotel just one night, i came around 19:00 pm and left very early in the morning. Can't critisize any service provided by the hotel but everything that i experienced was perfect. The hotel is just 10 minutes walk away from Kordon where i had a dinner. The breakfast was very good, the interest of the staff was also very kindly and the free airport shuttle is very useful. I'd like to stay there when i'll visit the same destination again

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

The people who worked at the reception desk were wonderful.

The people who worked at the reception desk were wonderful. When we arrived, they said that they had a surprise for us - they were upgrading our room to a city view from a back view, and to a room with a balcony. in addition, they helped my husband by contacting our previous hotel in another city and arranging to mail our hotel key back to the hotel where we had been staying. They couldn't have been any nicer. Our room was comfortable and everything worked from the wifi to the tv. The location was convenient to the waterfront, and the street was lined on both sides with palm trees. Breakfast was included as well as shuttle service to the airport.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Proximity to the Center

Breakfast is daily the same and in my opinion the should find away to diverse it. If you spend more than 4 days there you feel bored with hotel offer. The do not have really a fitness facility and relaxing area and should definitively be out of booking.com web page when announcing it. My room has been forgotten to be cleaned 2 times and despite reminding the did do it. Cleaning mean also cleaning properly and having a sense of detail. (Do you job properly or do not do it!!) The hotel is definitively not a 4 stars hotel as announced. If the room and the hotel is not regularly well maintained conditions maybe worse

Proximity to the Center Many restaurant and shops close to the hotel Old style hotel that give a certain charms

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Very attentive staff.

The air conditioner stopped working and we were moved to an upgraded room immediately.

Very attentive staff. Excellent breakfast. Clean and well equipped bathroom.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

- Breakfast - although I consider Turkish breakfast rather...

- Breakfast - although I consider Turkish breakfast rather uninspiring, this was the best breakfast we had during our 2.5 weeks traveling across Turkey. Enough variety and finally, fresh orange juice! - We were upgraded to a higher-standard room, which was really nice! :) - Location: 10min walk from train station, 5min walk from the seaside promenade and good restaurants. Also, it was facing a very quiet and leafy street - really great setting! - Staff: professional, courteous, helpful, smiling - Free shuttle to the airport (although it didn´t work during our stay as it was holidays). Anyway, the Havas- airport shuttle bus stop is 2min walk away.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2015

Location, Just few minutes to the sea

Small Gym with few stuffs

Location, Just few minutes to the sea Many choices for people who are sick of hotel room service because there are so many restranuants in front.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The staff is extremely friendly.

Air conditioning system is very old, loud and noisy. We asked it to be fixed, but after working quietly for a few hours it started to make noise again in the middle of the night. It was too hot outside to keep A/C off and to noisy to keep it on, and that ruined our sleep when we've stayed there

The staff is extremely friendly. Breakfast was amazing

• Reviewed: 14 August 2015

Karaca Hotel means ' nice smell ' the rooms...

the fruit juices were low quality. it would be better and im sure they can change it easily.

Karaca Hotel means ' nice smell ' the rooms,reception,beds,bed covers,bathroom..all were smelling really nice and clean.Everything was great there.Air condition works perfectly and breakfast was good.And hotel/room was so quiet

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

everyone who worked in the hote from the receptionist to the...

we were really pleased with everything so cant think of anything negative.

everyone who worked in the hote from the receptionist to the very friendly cleaning lady were so attentive and helpful. We had a great time and would definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The staff was incredibly helpful and the breakfast was very...

I booked this hotel because of the airport shuttle, but there are no shuttles during the middle of the day. You should check the hotel's website for the shuttle times if that is important to you. But, the staff went above and beyond to make up for this.

The staff was incredibly helpful and the breakfast was very good. The hotel is located on a lovely Palm Tree lined street with restaurants and cafes nearby.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff!

nothing!

Very friendly and helpful staff! We left our things in the hotel and they sent it over to the airport for us before we leave so thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Everything!

nothing. just that we came at a bad timing (long religious holiday) so facilities were closed but it wasn't so important.

Everything! Karaca Otel was our last place to stay in Turkey in this trip and it was the only one (in our trip) that was actually a real, professional hotel. Usually when you stay in a hotel, you expect professionalism but not friendliness. However with Karaca Otel, you get both. The staff were very nice, warm, friendly, and yet polite, and I mean everyone from reception to cleaning ladies. They tried their very best to help us with our every need. To be honest, I and my friend were very grateful and impressed. They also have free shuttle to airport service which was great. Breakfast was wonderful, best of all in this trip (20 days) We traveled in many cities, however Izmir being the last, we didn't expect much but Karaca Otel made Izmir the most memorable city of this trip. (along with the people of this city, what wonderful people, didn't try to take advantage of tourists)

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Great city location, huge room overlooking the park with big...

No swimming pool but not a biggie.

Great city location, huge room overlooking the park with big balcony. Level 7 is no smoking which is great, friendly staff and free airport transfers and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

The staff were really good friendly and would go out of...

WiFi connection was very flakey and completely out for two days. Also incoming telelephone calls on the hotel phone system had really bad crackling that you couldnt understand the person phoning in

The staff were really good friendly and would go out of their way. Hotel very clean and tidy. Good location.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

You can feel nostalgia and modernism here.

Everything is excellent for this kind of hotel. There is only thing for bathroom, it's hard to take a shower without wet everywhere in bathroom.

You can feel nostalgia and modernism here. Breakfast is excellent, open buffet. Location is one of the most decent and central place. Service quality is high. Free valet parking. Free internet, Free gym. Newspaper service to room.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

Great experience, but difficult to find since our GPS showed...

Great experience, but difficult to find since our GPS showed it to be in a different place. Parking, breakfast, room, staff, location, were all perfect. We were delighted that staff gave us a room upgrade for husband's birthday. We enjoyed seeing the wild flamingos at the Bird Paradise--but the zoo is not worth the time. Suggestions---do tourist shopping in Izmir! Much better that Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 5 June 2015

Hotel was very comfortable and clean.

Internet was very poor and we had to connect time and time again. This definitely lets the hotel down. Otherwise a very nice hotel to stay in and in a great location.

Hotel was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very good with ample choice of food.. Excellent desk staff who I found extremely helpful especially Baris and Sefsin. The staff in general were excellent. If I visit Izmir again I would definitely stay at the Karaca

• Reviewed: 4 May 2015

- Location

- There was a technical problem and thus a water cut. One of the receptionists said they had had the problem all day long. The other just for the last two hours. I had the feeling, the latter one was lying just to stall me. - There was a disturbing cheap detergent smell in the reception area and the restaurant. It was good to know that they were cleaning the floor but they could/should have used better products. - It was sometimes almost 30 degree Celcius in the room but the air conditioning was not working since according to the hotel it wasnot summer season yet (We were there at the end of April).

- Location - Shuttle from/to the airport

• Reviewed: 29 April 2015

Nice, big city, hotel.

While the nonsmoking hall of our room was good, there was occasional smoke in the stairwell or once in the breakfast area when they opened a door to the sidewalk to let in "fresh" air.

Nice, big city, hotel. Free WiFi worked well but only in the lobby. Extensive breakfast options. They provide ~16 oz drinking water per person per day. Clean and comfortable. In-room safe. On a fairly quiet side street.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Ephesus visit, hotel location, excellent value.

We had an early start and the hotel offered a lunch box but didn't deliver. Free shuttle service was advertised but was inflexible and no good for us. Some confusion about payment, hotel wanted Payment based on Euro price but booking said based on TRY. They accepted this but didn't like it.

Ephesus visit, hotel location, excellent value.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Friendly staff, breakfast and free shuttle Airport

Poor WiFi. I do not understand, a good WiFi is today one of the major criteria to select a hotel. The investment to improve the WiFi is low.

Friendly staff, breakfast and free shuttle Airport

• Reviewed: 2 April 2015

Breakfast was same in all days, there were no varieties nor changes. There were No Provision for Pure Vegetarians nor Indian (no beef/ no pork) etc. Low Calorie/Sugar free is not provided in Hot Beverage sections. Tea Bags are not available in Breakfast (Only in Room)

• Reviewed: 25 March 2015

First wall location the breackfast is excellent the...

I do not have bad experance to tell that.

First wall location the breackfast is excellent the frantdask staff are wery frindlly the room are excellent and werey client

• Reviewed: 16 February 2015

The breakfast selection was decent.

1) The mattress was hard. I'm usually ok with hard mattresses, but this one was just hard, to the point where I'd wake up with a stiff neck and aching back. When we first got there the staff was outstanding. On our last day there, the guy who was working the front desk (not the one from day one) was just plain rude. I was checking us out and he must have had a bad day. We were going to ask him to call us a cab, but with the attitude he was giving us we just walked out with our luggage and walked until we were able to flag down a cab.

The breakfast selection was decent. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2015

The sightseen in the room and balkony is perfect

Unfortunately the hotel forgot about the booking and to the time of arrival there were no any free room

The sightseen in the room and balkony is perfect

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

I liked the location of the Hotel behind the 2nd Koron and...

I was happy with all I came across with, nothing to complain apart from the rainy seasonal weather

I liked the location of the Hotel behind the 2nd Koron and the easy way of getting to the beach and pubs and restaurants

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

We've stayed for a night.

Breakfast needs to be improved. It was not bad, but not our favorite as well.

We've stayed for a night. The location of the hotel was our main concern, so we've chosen Karaca. Our room had a backside view, but since we've been in our room only at night we didn't bother. And the noise due to the airconditioning facilities was not that bad, we had a good sleep.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Location, staff, comfort etc.

breakfast, yogurt should be added in the choice.

Location, staff, comfort etc.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2016

Incredible value for a true 4 star.

No complaints whatsoever

Incredible value for a true 4 star.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

very good location and staff is ver nice

the water for the bathroom is very dirty

very good location and staff is ver nice

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Nice breakfast

Poor internet connection

Nice breakfast Nice rooms

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Great location, rooms big and comfy.

Internet somewhat unreliable. Lift not working properly.

Great location, rooms big and comfy.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

The hotel has a good location.

The hotel has a good location. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I was totally satisfied.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

Esp.l like the armchairs infront of the hotel for drinking...

Esp.l like the armchairs infront of the hotel for drinking tea.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

The breakfast was superb!

the pillow were too soft (for my taste)

The breakfast was superb!

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Location is excelent, room was spacious and nice.

Location is excelent, room was spacious and nice.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The room is gorgeous and wide.

The room is gorgeous and wide. The lobby and restaurant are decorated with antique items. The staff is very kind.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2015

excellent rooms breakfast and staff and great location

excellent rooms breakfast and staff and great location

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

Located close to the Kordon and the bed was extremely comfy

Wifi was patchy

Located close to the Kordon and the bed was extremely comfy

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

we liked the staff on the desk at front of house and all the...

we liked the staff on the desk at front of house and all the staff in general

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

Fitness Room only

Very small room Bad Location Parking very high money 10 Euro/day

Fitness Room only

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Location. Breakfast

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Karaca Hotel traveller photo gallery