Reviews of Pierre Loti Hotel - Special Category

Piyerloti Cad. No:5 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34400 Istanbul, Turkey

#604 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel overall is good but not as expected. We arrived midnight and the receptionist was like “you guys are late so we do not have any rooms for you! So we will give u a suit now but tomorrow you must change unless you want to pay extra to stay in the suite!!” I mean its not my problem that you gave my room to other customers! I booked a room and payed for the first night so i must find it available. I don’t need to hear a lecture about being late! That was rude to be honest! I paid for the room so it should be available until the next day! Regarding the hotel I was disappointed as i always wanted to stay in it but not as good as i expected. Its quite expensive compared to other hotels with higher rate. The bed is not comfortable. Staff were not as friendly as other hotels in the area. One of the staff was yelling at a customer which made me feel unsafe!! No tooth brush or paste in the hotel. Hard to reach by taxi or uber or any vehicle except tram off-course since its on the tram line. Bathrobe torn-out. The room that we moved in which is the standard room had electricity issue which took them around an hour to fix it.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast doesn't include made to order counter.. e.g. omlette was charged extra. Room layout is a bit odd for my liking.

Best location Hassle free check-in check-out. Early check-in possible

• Double or Twin Room

Not many choices for breakfast.. All staff very friendly and helpful except Ercan who usually works during morning..

Perfect Location and Comfortable room

• Double or Twin Room

Very nice staff, very polite and helpful all the time! They even arranged the tour on Bosporus for us and explained ever about it. I would definitely be back when I am in Istanbul next.

• Double or Twin Room

The restaurant for breakfast was NOT good. The servants were more busy looking after girls on the street Then serve the customers in the restaurant. When you try to Eat your breakfast other customers Vere aloud smoke next to you. Lunch: it took the servants 2 hours to serve the lunch. Everything was messing Bread forks coffee plates and I could go on. We dont know what they was busy with. Restaurant was NOT full at all. 600 lira. The Rooftoft bar restaurant. : we were 2 couples. Wished to have a Nice evening. In the middle of it all.... they just opened all the Windows, shut Down the Music, turn up all light so the guest could hear the mese from the mosque. Overpriced restaurant with no Service. Food nothing speciel and servants have no service at all. Rude and unprofessional. 700 lira.

Super location. Staff friendly and helpfull. Clean rooms. Hotel super. Restaurant : NOT going to use that again.

• Double or Twin Room

The Staff are very tough, they disrespected us daily, i booked and pay before than on month of my trip when we reached they told us theres a problem in our two rooms so they shefted our first night to another hotel, i requested to have two rooms next to each other and they didnt do this, after 4 days they forced my friend to chamge her room because theres a problem in the room (but they gave it to someone else as we invistegated.. When i complained and told them this is the worse customer service ever one of the staff told me i am the worse customer and their Manager said if you font like i will refund your money back leave the hotel amd book in another hotel! They are not very clean as they use to keep the dirty towels, and the showe box was not clean. I am disappointed.

I liked the location only

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was little bit small

Near every where. The bazar, shops, resturants from 0 min to few min away. 5 min walking from the blue mosque and hagya sogya and 10 min from topkapy. To tram station 2 min walking away. Clean hotel, has a turkish ahamam and massage options. Very good breakfast, very good resturant although it has a little bit hight prices.

Not really fully wheelchair accessible, we had a child in a wheelchair and was a little difficult, lift was small so an adult in a full size wheelchair would struggle, in a wheelchair you couldn't get to the roof terrace and to get to the breakfast area there are stairs to go down from the lobby, so you have to go back outside and enter from another entrance.breakfast area not level access for wheelchair so you would need help getting your breakfast. Also with a full size wheelchair to enter the hotel you would find it hard as there is a big tree in front of the ramp access, I wouldn't recommend for families with a wheelchair user.

Good breakfast, near to tram line and main areas,

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

The restaurant staff (rooftop restaurant) can be very pushy and we were scolded for not ordering any food and only ordered drinks (we had actually had dinner at the ground restaurant and just want to enjoy the night view at the rooftop). Some of the reception staffs are commission based oriented. They only want to sell the tour and sometimes are not really genuine in helping you as courtesy. It applies to all locals in Istanbul whereby everything is money and little that they know that sometimes people will give them more when they are honest and expect nothing in return.

The location, the views, very comfortable rooms. Its located at the heart of the old city. Its very easy to move around to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and even the grand bazaar.

• Double or Twin Room

smoking all over, even in the breakfast area, pleasant if you are still an addict, which we aren't.

the rooftop restaurant must be nice in summer. In winter the venue is a gathering place for smokers. Location is unbeatable, very close to main sights.

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

The location was not convenient for taxis as it is at the end of a closed street. The roof restaurant allowed smoking and nargileh which was very annoying for us. The breakfast was not very rich.

The location is good for public transportation. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms and hotel in general are clean and cozy. The quality of food at the restaurant was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The chair could have been a little bigger with higher back support and a higher table. Ventilation for the toilet and shower wasn’t much. Other visitors coming in late during night at 12 to 1 am disturbing by making noise and banging doors shut .

Friendly staff Extremely comfortable bed Room warmed up pretty quickly with heating WiFi was brilliant

• Double or Twin Room

bath towel were not really clean and the rob was damaged. Also the room was toooooo small and the double bed was just a large single bed.

The Staff were nice and welcoming. the location is perfect as i've been to Istanbul 6 times before and I choose this hotel for a change but the small room with no view ruined my experience !

• Double or Twin Room

I have problems with my booking requests which i suppose wasnt entirely the hotel's fault for not accomodating but i do want to be forewarned that last minute requests may not be able to be entertained ( i requested for transfers 3 days before i arrived through booking.com app as well as email and the hotel directly but i didnt get a response until past the day i had arrived and was leaving) as well as confirmation in writing may still be subjected to changes on the hotel's perspective (i had requested for an extension till 8pm on the day i was checking out and i was given an email confirmation through booking.com that that request was responded by the hotel to be at no charge. However, i was told that was only for extensions till 1pm and therefore i had to pay the full charges for another night 50 Euros eventhough i left for the airport at 8pm.) Nevertheless, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were kindly offered a triple room for our first night as our room booked was a double bed and we wanted twin single beds as we were 2 girls traveling together. However, we felt that without a curtain or a separation between the bed area and the shower and WC it was a little odd in terms of privacy. We had looked forward to breakfast overlooking Istanbul but the restaurant wasnt open when we were there.

The location is excellent. Very easy to walk to the sights of Istanbul or access everywhere else via tram. The staff was very courteous and friendly. Nice touch to offer us and our Turkish friend hot tea while we were drying out from the cold and rain.

• Double or Twin Room

the worst thing about the hotel is the toilets in all the rooms of the hotel have no lock, why I don't know when I enquired with the staff they were shameless enough to tell me what is the problem its a private room and he also told me that I am the first guest who is complaining. and no one ever complained before. and the door of the toilet there is gap which allow your room mate to invade your privacy in the toilet for this reason alone I will never ever stay in this hotel again.

the main reason i booked the hotel is the location on the tramway road near blue mosque the room were clean complimentary welcome fresh fruit basket café attached to hotel in ground floor where the breakfast is served

• Double or Twin Room

the bathroom situation is a little different from what we are used to.

Amazing buffet breakfast. Friendly, helpful and attentive staff. Perfect location. Cozy, intimate room with great veiw.

• Double or Twin Room

I got to hotel at 145am in the morning. I was told the hotel had been booked when I clearly made a booking through booking.com. I was then made to stay at a different hotel which was very poor and was made to pay for five nights. The staff was very rude and aggressive in saying 'upto you or you can sleep outside.' The staff was not addmitting to their mistake in over booking the rooms at the hotel. They first blamed me and when that didnt work they blamed booking.com in saying they booked on my behalf. I was given nothing reimburse me for all the inconvenience with the hotel just wanting their money no idea of customer service.

In a convenient location near to attractions.

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

The door to our shower cubicle cracked and still wasn't fixed after 3 days. But it was ok

The hotel was in an ideal place to see all the sites. They even lent us a wheel chair free of charge for the duration of our visit as my mother has problems walking long distances or getting up and down the stairs. Staff at the hotel were really helpful and courteous, breakfast was excellent however, they kept running out of food such as we had watermelon and melon on two of the days but they did not offer any after that. Just small things. On the whole, it was excellent. The view from the top floor bar was superb!!! The streets were clean and there was a fresh homeliness about it. Thoroughly recommend it. It was great having a tram line on the door step which took us every where.

• Double or Twin Room

the carpet was very dirty. I did not like to style of the bathroom. No privacy if you share the room with non partner. Also the area is very crowded, if you intend to stay there, please do not use taxi on rush hour.

location and price

• Double or Twin Room

the staff of the its restaurant were not professional we stayed in the 5th floor and the nose from the roof restaurant was little bet disturbing

the room was amazing clean the location was in the middle of sultan Ahmed the transportation is close bay The reception Staff called Ahmed was very helpful

Rooms are a bit small and double bed is small too.The street noise bothers a little in time of sleeping.

The hotel is in an excellent location between two tram stations in 200m away, sultanahmet and cemberlitas.The rooms are a bit small but very clean.WiFi is good and free in rooms.Breakfast could be better by adding more options and if it is served on roof top.The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Some of the furnishing in the room were stained and look dirty. The shower cubicle is accessed directly from the carpetted room. no area to wipe urself down. Which leads to damp carpet - I dont like this. Would rather an isolated bathroom with toilet, sink and shower facilities with a floor space to wipe urself down! another door from the room to toilet and sink. feels very aeroplane-like (hope it makes sense). doors to these both are not sound proof. thin glass. so you have to be very comfortable with ur partner when going. The TV channels are crap. The hotel reception has two chairs. not much of a foyer.

location location location! Closest station is Cemberletas. This is on the T1 tram. Walking distance to metro. Walking distance to Sultan Ahmet. Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia all walking distance. Basically, this hotel is smack right in between Grand Bazaar and Hagia Sophia/Blue Mosque. Problem with Istanbul is lots of hilly streets. This hotel is on the main street, and its flat! and lots of eateries next to it. Inc. Halal Macdonals and BK.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet wasn't appealling eventhough had a acceptable variety.

Our room was clean and confortable...the staff was helpfull and friendly..

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel location is great and the staff is really kind. They were really helpful and ready to assist in any kind of situation. They made our stay pleasant and comfortable. Roof restaurant is also a top class with beautiful view on Istanbul. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting Istanbul.

• Double or Twin Room

Small room. Reception was not helpful maybe. Breakfast wasn't that good

Location was perfect. Clean room. Great and safe area in heart of sultanahmet and just walking distance to gulhana park and sultanahmet square

• Double or Twin Room

Insufficient breakfast prepared for number of guests- items not replenished. Coffee is terrible and this is in Turkey! The dining room was untidy and dirty for both mornings that we were having breakfast. Dining room was unattended, seems like lack of staff or care. The toilet facilities near the lobby was filthy.

Access to sights near Sultanahmet. Whilst just off the main road, it was quiet in the evening/ night. Front desk and staff were helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Personnel was extremely kind, room and bathroom extremely clean, just 5 minutes walk-a-way from most important monuments in Istanbul. Rooms are air-conditioned, breakfast is reach and extremely tasty. Definitelly the hotel of my choice in Istanbul.

• Double or Twin Room

the standard rooms are a little bit small but this should be no problem because you dont want to spend much time in your room while in istanbul

a nice, clean hotel in the middle of Istanbuls old city.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Hello. The location of your Hotel is superb, close to some historical attractions and for shopping , 1 tram stop to the Grand Bazaar and surrounding shopping areas. The room and cupboards could have been slightly bigger , but it was manageable. Unfortunately, no iron and ironing board supplied in the room. The Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. On the whole our stay in the hotel was thoroughly enjoyed. The Rooftop Restaurant was an added bonus with superb views of some historic Istanbul sights. Thank you very much. I will definitely recommend the hotel to family and friends. If I ever have the pleasure of visiting Istanbul again, I will definitely stay at the hotel again. Many thanks

• Double or Twin Room

I found the language barrier abit frustrating as some of the staff could not understand me & at one point their frustration in not understanding me appeared to be somewhat intolerant. EG .. at no point on booking in was I advised that we could not invite guests to our room but the manner in which the usher addressed the matter was highly unacceptable, On reporting it to front desk - the same intolerance was expressed. In hindsight, I can fully respect the security issue to all patrons but it was expressed in an offensive manner and this was noted when I called the front desk but I gathered that they gave the impression that they not interested in my complaint.

I liked the roof top views, the amazing breakfast layout & willingness of some staff to accomodate. The lack of english caused some mis understanding as I wanted an omlette for breakfast & cappucino and at no point was I advised it would be charged a I has assumed it part of breakfast but made the bill none the less .. communication is key to preventing small levels of customer service issues which could have been resolved .... but i have promised myself to try to be tolerant of language barrier as I was visitign their country.

• Double or Twin Room

The room layout sink basin in the room not in the bathroom 10 lira for omelette in breakfast when it should be free.

Very close to all the site's. Good view from the breakfast table and generally clean overall.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent staff, friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and facilities amazing. The best thing was prime location in the heart of Sultanahmet. Breakfast buffet was great everyday. A special mention of relations manager Issin ,breakfast lady Ozge and receptionist Muharram who were all lovely and great.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The Internet could be a bit faster and the pillows are, unfortunately, not confortable at all. Breakfast could be also better.

Amazing location and view from restaurant while having breakfast, friendly and very carring stuff (my special thanks to Esin, guest relationship manager - she is an extremely warm and great person).

There wasn't enough light in the room, because it has small window.

The hotel locatin is great, very close to down town. From the terrassee that located on the roof you can have breakfast with an excellent view of Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There is no hook in the bathroom. The street in front of the hotel is very busy, so you may find it a bit noisy, but not very noisy so it's acceptable.

The greatest location. The view from the rooftop restaurant is wonderful. I really enjoyed Turkish breakfast here seeing the scenery of Istanbul. This hotel is very convenient for sightseeing and shopping. It's a walking distance to the Sultanahmet district. The hotelroom is beautiful and clean , the staff is sophisticated. Maybe I choose here when I visit Istanbul next time.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

The only uncomfortable thing is the bathroom in the room, it is newely developped probably, and so it is a glass room within the room, not sound or smell proof, if your're sharing.

The room is nice, well furnished, clean and comfortable. Staff can speak fair english (not so popular in Turkey unfortunately) Staff are friendly, cooperative, well presented, helpfull and nice. Roof top restaurant has a nice view. Location is just right! less than 5mins walking from Çemberlitas tram stop, easy access to all touristic sites in Sultanahmet/old city and Souks such as Grand Bazar, Mahmoud Pasa..

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

It was a bit too cold in the room in early February even when the the heaters on....

The roof top restaurant breakfast spread with gorgeous panoramic view of the Bhosphorus, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia etc.... Nice comfy bed, good housekeeping services, friendly & helpful staff, Most importantly it is inthe best location if you're visiting Sultanahmet area - 3 mins to Grand Bazaar, 5 mins to Blue Mosque, 1 minute to Camberlitas tram, sits by the main street, very safe etc....plenty of restaurants around - McD, Starbucks, Mado, Simit Cafe, Koftecisi and a dozen more Turkish outlets....

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

For family trip better give queen/king bed.. i got 2 single bed which is joined together to make in queen size.

The hospitality is very good. All staffs are very polite..☺

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Didn't like the smell in the hotel there was a bad smell in the loby and the corridors but not in the rooms.Should use air fresheners

Very good location and nice rooms

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

rooms were cute but the toilet and shower facilities were very tight and exposed especially the toilet you could hear absolutely everything, breakfast very limited

location and reception staff excellent

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

My husband and I stayed and we had only one chair .I would recomend in that situation to have2.

I like place, breacfest, hospitality , care for guests .

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bed and the room she was small for two person

Everything,she was perfect,I recommend this hotel for everyone,the restaurant is the best and very beautiful

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

Very limited breakfast spread & no more tea-time hour

Absolutely in love with the location of the hotel. The staff is so welcoming and helpful in making your stay super amazing and one of a kind. Also, the rooftop view from Pierre Loti Hotel is breathtaking.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Room is very tight and close to other rooms, you can hear everything going on in there. Double room has a very small bed made for 1 person not 2, and it's not comfortable at all.

Location is perfect. Breakfast isn't bad as well.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The pictures of the hotel on booking look way better than in real life, the room and the bed in the room were too small, wifi didn't always work which was annoying, the view of the roof terrace was not as good as on the pictures, reception personnel was ignorant

Breakfast was okayish, close to tram stop

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Just that the bathroom had glass doors n wasnt sound proof ...

The location was perfect ... walking distance from grand bazar ..blue mosque and hagia Sofia .. even the tram station is near by ..breakfast was nice n simple and roof top hotel has a very nice view:) Staff was very helpful :)

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Everything about Pierre Loti Hotel was perfect, second time staying there and it was equally as good as the first time. It is close to all the main attractions and the staff are always there to help with a smile. Clean spacious rooms, tram stop nearby. Lots of cafe's and restaurants nearby also.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Beds were too small and the pillows over-filled and hard. We were travelling with a child, and a third pillow wasn't provided. Sink in the room. Not allowed to take breakfast to room. My husband was tired and asked me to bring some potatoes and bread up for him (breakfast was included in our fair). I was not allowed to take the food to him, which I found insulting. All TV channels in Turkish. No English options.

Location. Location. Location. Hard to find a better location in Sultanahmet. Young gentleman by the name of Meteen was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

The open glass bathroom with a young family doesn't work. The breakfast only does boiled eggs. Fried eggs or scrambled are charged. To egg station or omlettes. Breakfast is too limited for the price.

I liked the location the most

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast, very poor, there was noise because the doors are not very well isolated and when the neighbours came or went out you could hear everything.

Great amplasament right in the heart of the old city. Nice rooftop bar.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was well located with lovely scenery. Rooms were very comfortable thought we were in a 5 star hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was super with good coffee definitely coming back

• Double or Twin Room

I only like the location..

• Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner could work better.

Great place, excellent hotel más very well located. Staff very kind and helpfull.

small parking😊😊😊

big parking😊

high music from bar in 5 floor

friendly staff good breakfast nice location very nice cafe & restaurant

noting

evryyhing

BREAKFAST NEED MORE SWEETS AND FRUITS

Bed was really uncomfortable

Great location near to tram

The sink in the bedroom

The breakfast and the restaurant's view

• Double or Twin Room

Beds not comfortable, no Aircon so the room was warm

Amazing location

• Double or Twin Room

There breakfast Can be better than now

Very nice people working in the hotel. They are very helpfull and nice!

• Double or Twin Room

Location Perfect. 5 Minutes Walking distance to Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar.

• Double Room + 1 Additional Bed

Booked a triple room and while comfortable, it was a bit small.

Location is excellent. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is good.

• Double or Twin Room

No privacy in Toilet/small single bed/ elevator to small for a hotel

Location is perfect and shower

• Double or Twin Room

Nice hotell and good food

restorant

The toilet

The location is fantastic... Near to all the popular sightseeing places

Perfect location, rooms high conformity. Reception very helpful and kind. I recommend you to stay in this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

COMFORTABLE STYLISH HOTEL IN THE HEART OF SULTANAHMET. EXCELLENT BREAKFAST AND DINING AREA ON STREET LEVEL

Everything. Close to the shops

• Double or Twin Room

The location is incredible and central.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

rooms were very noisy,you could hear people exiting the lift and hear people and children in the room next to you

the staff was friendly

Bit loud area

They upgraded me to a suite due to a problem with reservation!!!! Very lovely people and service

• Double or Twin Room

No mobil shower, tough plllow, small rooms!

• Double or Twin Room

Best location and amazing Roof Bar.

Browse Pierre Loti Hotel - Special Category traveller photo gallery