2. Turkey hotel reviews
  3. Marmara Region hotel reviews
  4. Istanbul hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Leyenda Hotel

Reviews of Leyenda Hotel

Binbirdirek Mah. Gedikpaşa Cami Sokak No:58 Çemberlitaş Fatih , Fatih, 34110 Istanbul, Turkey

#893 of 1,561 hotels in Istanbul

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 19 June 2019

Excellent hotel.
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

Excellent hotel. Stayed at the Leyenda hotel for five nights, two rooms. the rooms were very clean. It was a nice place and the people were extremely helpful and pleasant. The staff names Mazlum , Elena and Yakup were friendly and speak English very good, very nice, helpful and quick respond. They help me a lot with ride train and direction, reservations and other things that I need. We arrived early and I was able to check in fast before the time of check in with no issues. the breakfast include verity of food and taste very good. the best thing was the location of the hotel which was very close to everything walking distance to Sultan Ahmet , grand Bazaar.blue mosque , Sophia and other services places which end up save me a lot of money.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2019

Love to go back

Not staying for long

Excellent location for blue mosque and grand Bazaar 10 minutes walk either way. Amazing staff specialy mazloom (manager) who was really helpful. Small hotel was clean would highly recommended for its location

• Reviewed: 15 June 2019

LADY RECEPTIONIST WAS RUDE AND NOT WILLING TO HELP

The lady from the reception was very rude, and not willing to help if you want to change room and get a room which i paid. She keeping point that i booked an economy room so they give me the worst room, stayed in room 701 was close to the kitchen and LOW CEILINGS LOFT!!! you need to pass through the kitchen to get to your room. The bathroom was smelling like sewage, went the same day to the reception to ask to change room and now the worst part begins the lady receptionist she telling me that she doesn’t have room for today and this is a economy room(witch on Booking.com the picture of the room was different and large with flat ceiling ) the next day i was waiting the room to be changed but nothing. Got the room changed after 5 days with every day argument with the lady’s receptionist. There is no point to stay in this hotel if you paid a lot of money and treated like this. Be careful when booking with them and possibly avoid this hotel as there is different hotel in the vicinity with same price

Good location and clean room, housekeeping very friendly and mazlum was helpful

• Reviewed: 28 May 2019

Very nice place for short staying. excellent location.... small details need to be improved.
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast could be better. Not top quality...only average (not much variety, no orange juice, no yogurts, no cereals, not very good fruit)! To be improved (and it's very easy to improve)!

Excellent Location! Friendly and helpful staff! Clean room and bathroom (I've stayed in room 503). A big thank to Mr. Mazlum (very friendly and helpful receptionist)! :)

• Reviewed: 19 May 2019

Very good hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

Very good hotel. The workes are very nice they make you feel wolcome. Like yaqub who was very nice also alena and serkan and all of them. The hotel is located in a very good location in a quite street but also close to a alot of shops, sultan ahmet ayasophie, the bazar and very close to a metro station. The rooms are clean and nice, good service, good food. We met the hotel owner he welcomed us and was very nice.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2019

It's close to some of the city's attractions
    • Economy Double Room

There are so many things wrong with this hotel: 1. We've stayed 4 nights in the hotel. We've had hot water only in the first day. The reception told me that they have a technical issue that will be fixed by evening (this story was said to me every day). The day we left there was still no hot water. For those of you traveling with kids, maybe you could do with a cold shower, but a 3 year old is out of the question. 2. The room is very small, 12 sq meters (3 m x 4 m). The bed is accessible from only one side. The bathroom is full of mold. The shower head was broken. The hotel seems to be renovated lately but the materials used and craftsmanship is lacking in quality. 3. The hotel has incredibly thin walls. During our stay, a sports team (football or rugby) was also staying at the hotel. For some reason, one night, they have decided to party between 3 AM and 5 AM. The experience was "wonderful". Nobody from the hotel staff bothered them. 4. The safe-box is placed inside a closet but it is not fixed to the closet. It's a 5 kg box that can be picked up by anyone with access to the room. 5. Access to the hotel by car is incredibly difficult because of the narrow streets and insane traffic in the area.

It's close to some of the city's attractions

• Reviewed: 28 April 2019

“amazing location closed to everything , The breakfast was...
    • Economy Double Room

“amazing location closed to everything , The breakfast was good Staff was very helpful and always smiling - special Yacoub. He was very hard working ”

• Reviewed: 10 April 2019

Pathetic attitude of hotel staff .
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

Dear sir . I wanted to apprise you but before that they are (hotel staff ) trying to play out smartly. And sir they were adamant to give them money in Euro,although I booked room in SAR currency. I was just not comfortable because staff was not co-operative to handle my things. They did not helped to carry my luggage while I was with three kids. Some times my sim card cases were missing some times my other belongings were missing when I ask they did not reply satisfactorily. They did not serve breakfast while my kids were sick. And when I asked them for any laundry shop here they said it is away and they charged me double money for my laundry but when I searched area I found very near a laundry shop and rate was half than they 're charged from me. And the most important thing happened when one of glass shield in toilet suddenly accidentently broke by one of my kids.i informed hotel reception. Instead of asking me of my kids health and removing pieces of broken glasses They demanded 300 turkish lira for it. Which I paid while check out. I gave money to them I asked for receipt. To which they said no and said that if you ask for RECEIPT then pay us 500 Turkish lira. (Sir what is this A BLACK MAILING ATTITUDE). Then on 8 April hotel staff (lady) telephoned me In my room to leave the room in disrespectful and discurteous way while I was already packing my goods with 3 children and 1 wife. So overall they were always tried to get money and not even showing good manners despite I stayed in hotel for 17 days . Sir I think they don't give much weightage to people who happen to come from booking. Com.

I like hotel location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2019

The staff, Elena, Yakub and the manager were great and very...
    • Standard Triple Room

No real issues for me with the hotel and its facilities for what I paid.

The staff, Elena, Yakub and the manager were great and very welcoming and made our stay a great experience. The location of the hotel is number 1 being close to famous tourist attractions like the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar. Overall great hotel, will be back again.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2019

Hotel very well located geographically to visit the main...
    • Economy Double Room

Hotel very well located geographically to visit the main monuments of the city. I like this hotel for its charm and hospitality. thank you for all the team. # yacuve

• Reviewed: 20 March 2019

Location is good, close to nearest cemberlitas station &...
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

Stayed for 3 nights. Room service was not consistent, first day was good but following days was not. Toiletries were not replenished and bed was not made well. Quad room was small. Breakfast variety was limited as compared to other nearby hotels i've stayed.

Location is good, close to nearest cemberlitas station & tourist area. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2019

Really enjoyed my stay there and recommend to everyone to visit it.
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast was excellent and the view from the terrace was magnificent. The staff was really friendly especially Mr. Mazlum. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. There was even free coffee, tea and water in room which many hotels don't provide. To sum up I liked everything about this hotel and would definitely visit it again.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2019

Was perfect in the short 2 days we stayed there.
    • Standard Triple Room

Mazlum, the guy who worked the front desk, was extremely helpful and willing to go the extra mile. He helped us choose which places to go see and how to get there. Mazlum really made us feel at home and was a great asset.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2019

Leyenda hotel is fantastic im stay very good the personal...
    • Economy Double Room

Leyenda hotel is fantastic im stay very good the personal inside the hotel is big gentlemen and help for evrythink restaurant is good tasty sure when i come in bach in instanbul i sleep in leyenda hotel thank bye bye

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

An excellent stay with everything.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast it was nice but it could be more good.

An excellent stay with everything. Especially the decorations are great! We had chosen the affordable room, but they gave us an upstairs room without paying extra. Also they are so helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

Recommended hotel . easy access to theblue mosque and grand bazar
    • Standard Triple Room

it was all good.no complains

size of the room was good. manager at the hotel Mazlum was so helpful. he was excellent guide as well..arranged everything for us and airport transfers were smooth.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

Would recommend to friends due to location and good staff attitude.
    • Economy Double Room

Lack of view from hotel room (not a problem).

Friendly and helpful staff who spoke reasonable English. Good location close to Cemberlitas T1 tram station, and within easy walking distance of Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Excellent breakfast restaurant with good views over Sea of Marmara. Overall, good value for money. Plenty of restaurants in surrounding streets.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2018

Need to improve
    • Economy Double Room

No room cleaning ever since I stayed there.. water and coffee in room etc only first day..No don't disturb card.. the room service opened the room while me and my husband asleep... No clean sheets to change..price changed to high after 5 days.

Breakfast is good.. good decorated room and toilet..good polite manager and reception.. place is good near tram stop.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

Value for money
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

Mr. Mazlum accompanied us from the day we check-in until the day we check-out. He advise us on tour and shopping in Istanbul. Thank you for the hospitality. Really appreciate it and definitely will come back. 👍🏻😊

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

Good hospitality

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

The location was nice and convenient to the main tram but...
    • Economy Double Room

We got room in the -2 floor. It was a nice size room and comfortable but only some part need to be improve because of its bad conditions.

The location was nice and convenient to the main tram but the location road kind of dirty.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

Excellent stay, would definitely book it again
    • Economy Double Room

Room cleaning was not. Up to the mark

Location was excellent. Rooms were delicately decorated. Manager Mr.Mazlum is an excellent and remarkable person and a.jem of a person. The best thing of leyenda hotel was Mr Mazlum . Very helpful and caring person. Hates off to him.and Love him

• Reviewed: 24 November 2018

So-so
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

Hotel emailed me about transportation from airport to hotel. After emails nobody pick us up. That's sucky! Lucky I frequent istanbul so transport at airport isnt a problem. Check in process also delay.

The lady at the kitchen was nice. Helpful although no english for her. The location is great coz I had a 4month baby and 2 elderly with me. Can skip alot of hill at this location.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

I stayed for 4 nights at Leyenda hotel and am very satisfied with everything.
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

I booked the standard quadruple room in the basement floor but sometimes it was noisy as it was just next to the reception.

Personnel very kind, especially Mr. Mazlom at the reception. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good as well as personnel. Perfect location for those who like to visit interesting places such as grand bazar, Ayasophia and Blue Mosque and old part of the city. Just walking distance from the metro station.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

We stay for 5night, and we got upgrade room, due to wifii...
    • Economy Double Room

No variety of The breakfast , a lil bit bored..but a lady who cook the food is very nice and the view of the bfast place was amazing...

We stay for 5night, and we got upgrade room, due to wifii problem in our room before ..the receptionist man very helpful and nice especially to kurdis man, we forget the name, sorry...overall is fine,room was clean and romantic, especially facing to the street in first floor.. even for another staff they can't even talk in English, a lil bit hard actually..the location is near by to main road and tourist destination, easy for have a walk and near by also to a good and reasonable restaurants..

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The hotel is fantastically located
    • Economy Double Room

Wasn’t as clean and tidy as before. Moreover some staff keep on trying cheating the hotel guests for example taking more than the ordinary price when they buy a picnic or hire taxi. The breakfast ( vegetable )wasn’t fresh neither the oil they fried potatoes in.

The hotel is fantastically located

We loved our stay
    • Economy Double Room

This hotel is located on the street cars cannot drive in, so you need to be dropped off to the closest street where cars can drive to..then it is a very short distance walk. (Uber dropped us off a bit far...since he could not drive into the street.The street is a cobble stone street..a bit hard to pull suitcases on..)

We were pleasantly surprized by very helpful and friendly staff. So wonderful to experience Turkish hospitality by served tea/coffee on arrival and departure! Their breakfast was wonderful at the terrace with a view.

Nice room in great location
    • Economy Double Room

The room did not have a tip sheet, I've since learnt this is common in turkey, so ask for one when you check in. Our room was also older than it looks in pictures though still comfortable.

Nice simple room in great location. Our room had very good air conditioning and comfortable bed and was accessible by elevator which was nice! It's a short walk downhill to the open air museum, blue Mosque and Aya Sofya, and has a supermarket very close! You can also walk to a tram very close by to access more of Istanbul. I would stay here again, staff were lovely and helpful with our questions. A nice breakfast is included on the top floor with an ocean view too!

The hotel was really helpfull and willing to help in any...

Breakfast should have been more divers

The hotel was really helpfull and willing to help in any matter we had. Like shopping places , restaurants and also visting.

Overall, is a good hotel for three nights stay, is easy accessible, close to tourists’ attractions.
    • Economy Double Room

They don’t prioritize the bookings, they don’t care about your reservations. You’ll get what room is left, hopefully they have one…but is good somehow that they are willing to negotiate, you won't sleep in the streets.

Normal breakfast, enough to keep you up for sightseeing the city till noon. The cake was very good, you should try it with a cup of cappuccino 😊 The view from the terrace was nice, overlooking the Bosphor. The staff doesn’t speak English too good, but somehow you manage to discuss with them; they are friendly and ready to help. The hotel is close to Blue Mosque and other attractions, is near the metro station (10 minutes’ walk). The rooms are normal, after 10 hours walk through the city I slept like an angel, so I can say that the bed is comfortable. I liked that the towels were changed daily. There is a parking space in front of the hotel, for a fee of 10 Eur or 40 Turkish Lira you can park there (you'll have to negotiate with them for a good price).

Location is good, rooms are clean, but rooms are not like on pictures. Be careful
    • Economy Double Room

We reserved economy room for two circa 20m2. When we came to hotel receptionist gave us studio room (12m2). He told us that he gave us better room and that our economy room is in basement. On pictures you can see big windows, it is impossible that I reserved basement room. It should be written if it is basement room. We had also some misunderstanding with receptionist who said that we didn’t pay whole price and that we should pay half of the price. After I checked my Booking reservation and told him that I paid everything and that I wouldn’t give him that money, he “checked” his computer and said everything is ok.

Breakfast was excellent. Room was clean. Location was good, 7/8 minutes to Haghia and Blue Mosque. Tram station next to hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

from the very first day ,we waited for hours to get the room.
    • Economy Double Room

from the very first day ,we waited for hours to get the room.first they said it,s not ready yet...we came too early .after a few hours ,they gave us a room on the last floor and what is more interesting .....to get to this room we had to cross through the kitchen .yes .....through the kitchen to get to our room.this is the first time I ever had this kind of experience.I paid a lot of money to get the worst room close to the kitchen ??? I can not tell you the smell...because we were that close to kitchen ...all the smell from the kitchen was in our room.the second day I went to reception to ask for a different room .that was not the room I booked .first they acted like they forgot .than they gave us a second room ,much much better but guess what .....every time you had a bath ...there was water all over the place .yes the hotel is close to most important places in Istanbul ,yes is it a quiet place ....but the service and that room experience'.....was not so good.i booked this hotel due to all the good remarkes found here but I think is good for you to know a 'second opinion' before you book it. I don't recommend this place .am sure there are more professional hotels than this one.

The Best place to stay in Istanbul!
    • Standard Triple Room

Teşekkürler Hotel Leyenda! We had a wonderful time in Istanbul. Thanks to the hospitality of the hotel's staff, especially Kemal, who helped us a lot! Thanks for the excellent service! Our room was clean, the breakfast was authentic and delicious! We could reach the sights within few minutes. The prices were reasonable and we were always invited to have a cup of coffee and tea! They did everything for our convenience! We highly recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to have a wonderful time in Istanbul!

The location and extremely helpful staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

Rooms are a bit small but worth it for that price.

The location and extremely helpful staff. The breakfast was great too. A very cosy place.. felt like home!

I’d recommend this place anyone who travels under budget.

None.

Location close to camberlitas train station, close to attractions by walking. Staff is really friendly and hardworking in making customers satisfied. It’s affordable hotel but feels like staying in a luxurious hotel.

Amazing

Nothing! everything was perfect

The staff and the services were very good and enjoyed our stay in the hotel a lot especially that near for many attractions in Istanbul Old City

Brilliant
    • Economy Double Room

Can not think of right now

Staff service is very friendly and helpful and made us feel very comfort. The hotel is at excellent location, central to all my needs and to get around to main attractions. Would love to stay again.

location of the hotel was good , just that.
    • Economy Double Room

we stayed in leyenda for 12 days. at first they forgot to send taxi for my wife and she waited at airport about 3 hours , from 6a.m to 9 a.m , we asked cold water and they don't have it in hotel !!! told us we don't have water go out and buy it in supermarket!!!! ,they didn't change sheets for 12 days!!!! first the blanket was dirty with bird's stool , ( at first they didn't sure about cleanliness of the room !!!!) pillow's sheet was dirty in first days and it still dirty until we left hotel , they didn't change it ,I booked a double bed room but bed was tow single beds next to each other ,and when we slept they was separated , i should woke up and push one of them to put it next to another one , they didn't change towels , in total it's not a hotel with 4 stars .

location of the hotel was good , just that.

The bathroom was nice, cleaned daily, with fresh towels...
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

We booked a four person room, expecting two doubles. Instead, we got a one double room with two singles shoved up against the double, leaving no space to walk around the room and forcing the four of us to all sleep in a close row.

The bathroom was nice, cleaned daily, with fresh towels provided. Breakfast was good and offered until 10:30. The front desk staff was helpful with providing recommendations, though their recommendations were more on the pricey side for Istanbul.

Location was excellent good room size i was given bigger...
    • Standard Triple Room

Housekeeping , need to call for cleaning and they forget to refill tea , sugar and water bottles after the cleaning

Location was excellent good room size i was given bigger room on request very helpful manger Mr Fatih and Mr Jamal i am very much thankful to them to help me for luggage

I almost travel to Istanbul every month , i have been in a...
    • Economy Double Room

I almost travel to Istanbul every month , i have been in a lot of hotel ,this hotel was one of the best hotels i have been in there . the hotel location is perfect , close to the blue mosque and to the grand pazar . the staff of the hotel very friendly and help in everything . the room was very clean . i recommend this hotel

Great option, great location!
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

The members of the staff were excellent, is the best thing of the hotel. Our first nigh we had a lot of fun with a free cup of tea and shisha!!!! We had a problem the first night with our room, but the next day our problem was sorted, so we really really enjoy our trip. I hardly recommend this hotel. Location is excellent 5 min to Gran Baazar!

Enjoable stay in Istanbul!

I dont like only breakfast. But everything was great!

We were travell with friends. The location was very good. Near were many stores, restaurants and monuments. The staff was friendly. The breakfast wasnt very good. I will stay here again!

Wonderfull
    • Deluxe Double Room

Evrything was good

It is very nice hotel ,very clean,comfy bed,we sleep so good .breakfast was good and staff was very kind hotel is in the hart of old town.evrything was great. .

Dissapointing service and lack of care towards customer property
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

The room service accidently flushed my makeup down the toilet, I didn't recieve call nor was I informed about the incident until I approached the reception to see if they might know where it was. Didn't get an apology so asked to see the manager (the owners son) who instead blamed it on me by saying I shouldnt keep my makeup on the shelf near the toilet (which has sufficient space for a Fenty beauty stick, the shelf itself was used by them to keep toiletry items) and that I should instead store my things near the TV - which is blocked by two other beds. Very dissapointed with the way things were handled and how unapologetic staff and he himself was. Breakfast staff and Mr. Kemal were very welcoming and they made our stay very comfortable aside from this incident.

Standerd
    • Economy Double Room

I got very very very small room since The roof was very low and I can't stand in the room !! I asked the room serivce this room is not the same one which I has been booked but they didn't help me just next day I got the correct room !

Evry thing is normal nothing spical

Fantastic stay
    • Economy Double Room

I can't really say there was anything I didn't like. Yes its a little worn and not 5 star but it was great for what we needed.

We loved the location. Very central to everywhere. The hotel was really comfortable and very cosy. The staff especially kamal couldn't do enough for you. Especially warm welcome after a nightmare time with our flights and not getting there until 2 am

The location near Topkapi etc
    • Economy Double Room

The bed wasn’t cleaned during our stay despite our reclamation. We asked for it each day and the staff changed everyday so they didn’t listen their clients ... after 3 days we had to change the sheets ourselves and requested towels and toilet tissues....

The location near Topkapi etc

Excellent service

Wifi was too slow

The staff were accomodating, they upgraded our room. And the location was close and accessible to some famous tourist spots. The room looks so good and always clean.

Nice, nice, nice. hope to return.

A very nice place for some days in Istanbul. Good food, nice personal, very large bed, all the comfort at a proper price. Very easy to reach the hotel, metro and tram very near, in the centre of the old city. Every important site is very close to this place. Best regards to all!

Overale good stay for the money. Great location.

Bed was hard. Not comfy to sleep. We booked room with 2 beds but they gave us room with 1 .when I complained they just said they dont have one available..

Staff very friendly. Great lation.

breakfast waiter short guy was very rude put me off going back to that hotel.othereise an average st

breakfast waiter very very rude (not the wautresses) the short guy. he out me off going back to that hotel again. room 604 some bad smell was coming from outside

excellent location everything we needed walking distance. reception staff friendly speak English. rooms are clean. breakfast was good value for money

Location, braekfast، the rooms were clean that is the...

אנגלית On the day we arrived at the hotel they gave us underground rooms with small windows and shelter-like conditions. We argued with the staff and we wanted to leave the hotel But in the end they fixed the mistake and gave us larger and comfortable rooms on the upper floors.

Location, braekfast، the rooms were clean that is the important think . We want to say thank you mehmet and murat for the nice servise. Mehmet helped us all the time and arranged for us Transportation to go to places we wanted to visit

HORRIBLE! hotel et personnel catastrophiques!

non professionalisme du personnel. staff not professionnal at all. they said that they have not charged my credit card but when i faced them they said yes just 2 night i said ok i ll pay the rest cash. they made us pay when we arrived and before check in. we stayed waiting like 15mins b4 getting our room eventhough we arrived at about 17:00. the breafast is soo poor and the same everyday. one day before our check out we returned to hotel and found out our stuffs and bagage out side the room in the hall we were chocked and when we went down to get explaination the guy just said it was someone else's mistake and its ok you can get ur stuff back to the room and he did not even apologize the day of check out we left the room card on reception desk and left cuz there was nobody there..when we arrived to tram station another guy followed us there to say that we did not pay our stay! bref this hotel was a nightmare for us

l'emplacement pres des monuments. its situation somehow near tram station and monuments

Rooms are very dirty , there were ants and bed bugs. The air conditioner did not work most of the time. The shower hose was broken and there was leakage from the WC in the bathroom due to which the entire floor remained wet.

Def we will come again & recommend families with children
    • Standard Triple Room

It was a very good experience staying in Leyanda hotel and that's because of the wonderful and helpful staff that makes ur stay so comfortable and enjoyable. A huge Thanks to all from the Boss Ahmet(very kind hearted man) to Emre the cheerful and Benin canim kardesim Mehmet and Murat, the night crew😊. Location can't be better than this as chamberlitas tram station is round the corner and Burger King what else u could ask for more 😜. Luv u all thanks once again

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Nothing, one of the baddest hotel in Istanbul

I booked three rooms for 4 nights for 7 adults with 2 children ( 2 superior rooms and 1 triple room) and the the below is my story with the hotel: A. I asked for a transport from the airport for the hotel and I suppose to get a luxury Mercedes minibus suitable for 7 adults with our luggages as usual in Istanbul. And what the hotel arrange for is just a mini bus with two raws seats facing each other enough for 6 persons and not even enough for our luggages. B. However, We arrived to the hotel evening time and I met the reception guy ( I don't remember and I don't want to remember his name) who was trying to preparing us for the bad news for 10 minutes of misleading talks. He shocked me when I asked him to give me the rooms keys so I can let my family members who were waiting in the small and hot lobby, to go to their rooms. He said we have an issue with the booking system. He said that his manager made a mistake and gave our rooms to someone else for that night 😳😳. He said that he will give me one terrace roof room ( i will describe it later) and two rooms in other hotel ( Newport Hotel. I refuse that, and I asked him to give me what I booked or three rooms in one hotel as I don't want to divide my family in to two hotels. After 30 minutes of arguing, discussion and pretending that he is calling his manager several times for a solution. The reception guy said we don't have any other options to either we cancel your reservation or accept this offer of terrace roof room and two rooms in Newport Hotel. Again I insisted to have what I booked through Booking.com and I about to call Booking.com to help but Istanbul hotels at that night were fully booked. Finally, after long time and feeling hopeless we reach to an agreement: 1. to accept the terrace room and other two rooms in Newport Hotel for the first night. 2. Second day, will move to our rooms in leyenda. 3.

Nothing, one of the baddest hotel in Istanbul

The location is good , close to Grand bazar, Blue mosque,...

Although it was mentioned by Booking.com that the payment will be at hotel still they charged the whole stay aday before my arrival. Checked in after a long wait. The room was in basement floor. Two floors of the hotels are in basement, do try to avoid them. As they stink some times, and there is no view from the window. The tea kettle was not working, complained and they changed it two times with none of them working. Neighbors were an indian/pakistani family and were very noisy. The two other managers apart from Kamal had a very Boss like attitude or may be it was because of communication gap.

The location is good , close to Grand bazar, Blue mosque, Top kapay and other attractions of istanbul, easily accessible through Chemberlitash tram station. The bed is comfortable, housekeeping is great, comfortable size bathroom, locker ficility in room. Although breakfast is very basic but the view from top of hotel where the restaurant is superb. You can see the red roof tops of buildings with the sea in the background. I would like to specially mention Mr. Kamal who was very polite, cooperative and made my stay comfortable through his helpful and friendly nature. Very nice guy.

Wonderful
    • Standard Quadruple Room Basement Floor

Very clean and friendly staff the help us A lot Good location near from restaurants and grand bazar and metro The hotel is very clean and the staff were very helpful thanks for the Boss ahmed and the staff Kamal and Imra the help us a lot The break fast was good

I want to thank especially Kemal who tries hard all day in...
    • Economy Double Room

I want to thank especially Kemal who tries hard all day in order to provide excellent services. BTW, the location is excellent becauseis near to all sights. The hotel is appropiate for everyone who wants to see the sights.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2019

Liana was helpful

Liana was helpful

• Reviewed: 12 June 2019

Felt safe and enjoyable
    • Economy Double Room

Clean, professional staff and property Is well managed

• Reviewed: 9 June 2019

Great location!

Great location! Helpful staff..

• Reviewed: 3 June 2019

Location and food

Basement rooms

Location and food

• Reviewed: 2 June 2019

• Economy Double Room

The shower host was broken.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2019

Was good
    • Economy Double Room

Value for money for solo travellers Location is excellent. Receptionist is very nice guy and helpful

• Reviewed: 20 May 2019

I will definitely come back to this hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was good and its my second time in this hotel

Its clean hotel nice location near tram nice rooms u feel like home

• Reviewed: 6 May 2019

Everything.....

• Reviewed: 2 May 2019

Overall it was good.
    • Economy Double Room

The breakfast buffet needs a lot more variaties of food.

Overall it was good. The staff, location, facilities, etc...

• Reviewed: 29 March 2019

Unforgettable kindness
    • Economy Double Room

They have very friendly and caring staff especially Yakup and Elena

• Reviewed: 12 March 2019

I’m very happy that we stay here!
    • Standard Triple Room

I’m very happy that we stay here! The best location and very near to the centre! Good personal and fantastic room🤘🏽

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

Wonderful
    • Economy Double Room

Friendly staff, especially Mr. Mazlom were so helpful with any requests I made. Location was excellent and breakfast was fantastic!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2019

Good place and clean, i love this hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

Good place and clean, i love this hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2019

Mazlum bey was the best very kind and polite.
    • Economy Double Room

Mazlum bey was the best very kind and polite. I recomand

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Leyenda Hotel traveller photo gallery