Reviews of The Marmara Taksim 5 stars

Taksim Meydani, Beyoglu, 34437 Istanbul, Turkey

#572 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Club Corner Bosphorus View with Lounge Access

need some more attention on travel guide and site recommendation

breakfast was v good . new tawels . staff excellent help....Fatima at the front disk...and the lady from lebanon

• Club Room Bosphorus View With Lounge Access

The parking lot is very congested as they mark on the flour Unfortunately the food I requested was not up to my expectation

Hotel location the staff they are very professional and friendly specially madam Zainab form the reception The follow up from the cleaning staff to keep the room tidy and clean

• Club Corner Bosphorus View with Lounge Access

The pool was closed although sunny and warm outside. And it was a public holiday, too.

Breakfast and views from the Club Lounge on the 19th floor, free airport shuttle for Club room guests, friendlyness of staff in general. Situation on Taksim Square. Restaurant Kitchenette pretty fair.

• Corner Double Room with City View

A bit noisy outside but it was a busy period

Nice and elegant. Staff were helpful and friendly. I had a late flight and they gave me full acess to Wi-Fi after checking out and made the sports centre shower available so I could refresh before my flight

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Limited path room amenities ( soaps , shampoo and conditioners only ) most 5 -star hotels provide toothbrushes, combs , razors etc ... 2 water bottles and 2 slippers for the entire stay . Coffee supplies never refilled !!!

Great location on Taksim square. Super nice staff . Great breakfast . Thanks to Receb ( Rajab ) from the reception for his assistant .

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Everything was bad, staff were unprofessional, food was less than adequate. Service was not good at all, it should be a 3 star hotel. Location is the only good thing about it

The locations only

Nathing

Excellent hotel very clean and construction so excellent that you do not hear the voices in the neighboring rooms like most Istanbul hotels receptionist Fatma peak in ethics and sophistication in dealing and I had a problem with a fraud with a taxi driver immediately the hotel staff go to and stand by my words all thanks and appreciation to them

• Family Suite

I took the family suite. The sofa bed had it’s supporting leg all bent and broken. It would stand but would just go down if one want cautious about it. (Room 1614). Other than that no complaints.

Ahmet in concierge was super good and helpful! Got us a nice table on dinner cruise I booked through him. I even kept calling hotel to talk to him and get guidance on things (where to go, how to get there, places to eat, shop etc etc) when I was out in the city and he gave excellent advice every time!!

• Club Room Bosphorus View With Lounge Access

The fruit selection for breakfast was very poor. Need to change the variety. The executive lounge was also not the greatest. Poor selection of snacks.

Rooms was spacious. Cleaning service was excellent. Location was the best

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

A little bit the mattress is worn out and needs to be replaced

I liked the staff , mainly fatima from the reception and Ahmet from customer relationships. Not to forget Mr ayub too they are all excellent people .

• Corner Double Room with City View

Every thing was good except during chk out the reception asked me to pay more because of they block the money from the first day and the chk out they said I have to pay more They asked me to pay the ptice of the bottels of water they put every day for me in my toom without me asking. I thought this water is free. Kind of pulling my leg to pay more they tried to make me understand but I did not like this way.

Every thing good

• Corner Double Room with City View

The neighbor they have nosy children not sleep At night and was crying in out Side open and closed door at night so I can’t sleep at night. Other thing good .

The location to metro.

• Corner Double Room with City View

The size of the room was very very small , it’s not suitable at for visitors like me I am disappointed very much

The location only , next time I will not stay in the hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

the rooms are a bit small but you can manage

I always choose Marmara Taksim because of its location. The rooms are very clean. We booked the bosphuros view and it was amazing! My check-in and check-out experience was excellent. The staff are polite and very helpfull

• Corner Double Room with City View

The room wasn’t the as I expected we are 2 and the room looks for 1 person there was inly 1 chair the blanked was too small looks like for 1 person, the view is not as I expect as i have booked in the same hotel befor and my stay was more enjoyable than this time. However i’ll make Sure i book a room with better service next time.

• Corner Double Room with City View

The stuff are not friendly at all I just told them to clean my room and they took everything from my minibar and i asked them twice to put the drinks back again and they didn’t!! They said on booking that i got a free breakfast and I didn’t have any breakfast there!! The key card broke twice with me without any reason

• Club Room Bosphorus View With Lounge Access

I asked for double bed and I ended up with 2 single beds pushed together! That is the worse thing someone could find in a hotel, so watch out and ask! Check out experience was disaster as it took long time with an un polite man! Will never stay in this hotel again and will never recommend to any one!

Nothing, experience was very bad!

• Club Corner Room City View with Lounge Access

they call it corner luxury room, but its a normal room, similar to others, THAT i know from previous stayings to the hotel (not only via booking.com)... I feel ripped off

the location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

The hotel was expensive and the breakfast was not good. I liked only the omelet and there was no other good choice.

I traveled with my family (husband and son of 2 years old) for 4 nights. The hotel was very good, the location was amazing, the room had an incredible view (I booked the sea view), the TV had all the channels: Italian, Turkish, English), the staff was very good and helpful.

• Corner Double Room with City View

Annoying noise from the square in the "City View" rooms They sell in the room bottle with "real instabul air"

Really next to Taksim Nice bathroom

• Corner Double Room with City View

Room not clean enough as 5 stars hotel and high prices Very very small room , almost for one person All staff in the hotel are friendly and cooperative and help full Except one his name Sercan in the main reception His sarcastic when I told him that the room is small , he said : you choose the low price . In sarcastic way not acceptable from hotel staff His general behavior is not good for hotel staff I told him I didn’t use anything from the minibar , but charged me extra big water , I negotiated with him to remove it The food in the breakfast is good In overall I did not like it ROOM TOO SMALL EVEN THE BIGGER ONE IS SMALL the curtain is broken The water was not hot for shower I asked them to fix it the bed too small for two

Location very close to everything

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

It was a little over priced compared to the hotels around; however, this was a better hotel.

Location was the best, and what counts more is that the bed was very comfortable.

• Corner Double Room with City View

One of the worst five star hotel , I booked for seven days corner double room with city view the below what happened 1- the room wasn’t like the photos on the internet It’s smaller than the photo 2- the shower was leaking and pass the glass door photo attached . 3- the electrical socked was broken photo attached may be one was working I request from them to fix it two times but now one showed 4- some places in the room was full of dust 5- no bathroom rope at all 6- the curtains was broken from one side . 7- in check out I informed the reception 15 mins earlier that I need someone to take my bags down after half an hour no one showed up !?!? so I did it by my self do you think it’s a five star service ?! 8- umbrella not free it’s 10 Euro , but as I understand in five star hotel it’s free . I spoke to the them about all issue , the reception person act normal like its normal as well their English is too bad they are like robots . I don’t recommend it to anyone if u want location book anywhere and it’s a five mins walk to taksim at lest you will have a real five star service . Your money without value at this hotel .

• Corner Double Room with Bosphorus View

My expectations were, a bit more luxurious, the spa has an indoor heated swimming pool, the hotel restaurant also has a lot to do as a kitchen and as an interior.

My expectations were for more luxury, but not for WOW. The room price and room price ratio is a bit bad or uncomfortable

• Corner Double Room with City View

Everything was very good.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is a two minute walk to the metro and from there you can get anywhere in the city. Starbucks located directly below hotel and an incredible restaurant also.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Considering that this is a 5 star hotel the breakfast variety was poor. Moreover the Reception desk wasn't helpful as there was an issue with our reservation and they were unwilling to contact Booking. com in order to vaildify our booking, which resulted in extra charges. So next customers be careful about extra charges hostility from the Hotel Marmara Taksim. Lastly the outside of the Hotel seems nothing close to the pictures, much older building.

The turkish bath and the staff at the Spa Center was the highlight of the Hotel. Moreover the renovation inside the rooms is an advantage. Lastly the thorough check at the entrance of the Hotel gives you a feel of safetiness.

• Corner Double Room with City View

They don’t leave any chance to make money, like nothing is complimentary, even they charge airport shuttle

Location of the hotel is good, the heart of Istanbul

• Corner Double Room with City View

Some employees of the reception were very rude and impolite! The vast majority of them do not speak English and this is such a problem for a 5star hotel...Only few speak English and can communicate with the guests.

The bed and the breakfast were fantastic. The spa and coiffeur services are also excellent. But the most important is the security you feel in this hotel.

• Bosphorus Suite

More options on onroom dining after 23:00 would be good

Location Operator is very helpful Bed is very confi in my suite Over all good experience

• Corner Double Room with City View

Rooms are small compared to other hotels in the same area and for the same price. Checkin and checkout is extremly slow and the reception staff is not very welcoming.

Bed is confortable. Room is well equiped and well decorated. Bathroom is modern and very functionnal. Hotel location is perfect if you are interested by Taksim. And breakfast selection is good.

• Corner Double Room with City View

Not clean as it should be, some staff are not friendly, room service always forget to put again water or towels, dont expect it as 5 stars hotel but as low 4 stars or good 3 stars hotel

• Special Group Package Offer - 3 Deluxe City View Rooms

Cleaning is bad in all area of hotel ( lobby rooms....), some rules is illogical I asked to remove the things in mini bar because I have childrens and I scared because there were glass bottles inside they asked me 15€ to remove it

Staff speaking good English

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Poor wifi connection, shower water not warm enough, no bathrobe or toothbrushes in the room, slippers taken in the first day and didn’t bring new.

Perfect location, friendly staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

on order i was specifying that i am coming with my family 2 adults + 2 children as the room was 27 MQS and no place even to open the sofa so i had to pay additional 150 EUR for each night to get bigger room the reception services treatment wasn't so good and acting like doing me a favor , swimming pool is closed so before you add all this things to website make it clear

• Corner Double Room with City View

bed was not that comfortable .. maybe because I like hard mattress while others might like this type of soft one. they cleaned my room but they did not clean the tea cup !!! was a strange to me

Location .. Location and Location it is excellent in heart of Taksim and close to everything (Taksim metro station, shopping streets, restaurants, etc.). they upgraded my room to sea view though my original booking is corner view as a complementary .. many thanks staff were very polite and welcoming .. hotel security were excellent. if I have to visit Istanbul again, definitely this will be my first choice hotel

• Corner Double Room with City View

In the hotel, nothing at all. But in my recommendation that you use in transportation uber or the metro, don't use the local taxi because they do tricks to take more money from you.

The staff are really friendly especially in the reception. The view was great. The room is very beautiful with state of the art technology and the security was great and helpful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

I could not find and comments to add in this box.

The staff at reception are very helpful and I am really proud of them and their management. I would like to thanks Odzen, Zainab, Ahmed, and other taff and that special lady who said that I do not like her of course she were kidding (She were very funny and I like her style of letting customer like her and her personality). Sorry I do not know her name but I will never forget her face ;o). Also, Iwould like to thanks other staff like Room services and those cleaning the rooms.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

i couldn't control the AC and the room was very hot ! i couldn't sleep and i had to open the window to have some air in the room, but i couldn't sleep either because of the noises outside, and when i told someone in the reception on a shift night, he laughed and told me : look at what you wearing, its cold outside why do you want the AC to be cold. he was very rude to say this to me and i left saying nothing to his rudeness. Id appreciate considering letting the guests to control the AC during winter season and to educated the staff on how to respond to their Arab customers. thank you

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

The sourounded area is exteremly noisy with traffic... music all night long which barely made me sleep. Although changed floor and rooms three times. As recomendation i dont think would recomend anyone to this hotel. Also me, i wont think that would stay there again ever.

It was a nice location and everything is easy access to many things

• Corner Double Room with City View

Too many beggars right at the hotel doorstep making it really annoying and uncomfortable to walk in or out of the hotel, even going out for a smoke right beside the hotel main door (hotel smoking area) is not comfortable due to the same reason, security doesnt seem interested in intervening at all

Rooms are clean, furneture is new, clean bathroom, city view was amazing

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Break fast little choice No wifi in the breakfast restaurant Hair dryer was not working and when we request new one they neglected us until we call again after 10 hours then they provide the used one.

I like the location, the security and Hotel Smill

• Corner Double Room with City View

Zeynep (receptionist) was very friendly. She gave me quick tips about Istanbul and which were helfuk for my stay!!! Loved the hotel, overall great experience

• Corner Double Room with City View

Nothing honestly, this was one of my best hotel experiences in a while.

We arrived early in the morning and the front desk lady Kristina was gracious and made sure we are checked in and got a room at 9 am, that was so nice of her and she was so professional. The location is amazing, right in front of the metro station and the Taksim square, and the view from the room is one of the best.

• Corner Double Room with City View

Loud sound coming from outside the hotel at night Having to pass through security check every time entering the hotel

The Location is amazing Perfect view of Taksim square Staff is so Helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

We were charged twice despite the fact that Front Desk told us such a charge would not happend So we are very upset about it So guest should be carefull when giving two different credit cards because they say one of them didn't went trough

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Every thing was Great and wonderful especially employee sarqan was kindly This second time i have stayed, close to takcim metro station and istklal steet. Also, safty hotel .... my favorite hotel in istanbul

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Very noisy and we could hear all the street noise even we were in the 17th floor. Room size is toooo small even there is no space to organize your bags or to pray. Toilt is too tight and small. King size bed is not in 1 piece. We could feel the line between the 2 mattresses and this was so bad.

Location was very good View was nice

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

I had Bosphorus view executive room and window was full of dust and scratches. I had to call front desk twice to clean window. House keeping staff need to be more Better.

Superb Location

Their dirty rooms

I like their hospitality because when we get the hotel our room was king size bed but they gave us attached two single bed it was disgusting … when I asked to change the room they accepted but they gave us a dirty room… my wife ask them to clean they came to our room and changed the dirty sofa and clean some parts of room including mirror and floor and brought us fresh flowers and some fruits

• Corner Double Room with City View

The window in the room was dirty, also room to noise coming from outside and too small for a 5 start hotel this should be a 3 start hotel not 5 for sure. Also the water in the room in not free 5 start hotel with no water offered? Seriously?? Staff in the breakfast they don’t even ask you if you want coffee you need to ask them because they don’t come and ask, is this a service of a hotel??

The breakfast value

I was charged to the breakfast because when i book the hotel it was a bit fishy cause i saw breakfast available not included I hated that The breakfast is very expensive

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Location is Excellent but Cleaning and room requirements are below the medium I checked out one night earlier but they refused to refund the money For people who love Taxim area, it is good

• Corner Double Room with City View

It was amazing. The location is perfect and can't be better (directly at Taksim square). The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel environment was great and the room was very nice and clean! The bed also was comfortable

everything was fine !

This is my favorite hotel in Istanbul ! Good location in the heart of Taksim, nice view for the square or to the sea ! Professional staff!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Staff attitude is a lot poor. Plus room service did not show up one out of three days we stayed to make up the bed and clean the room

Bed extra comfy and thats the only best thing about that hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

-The shelf adjacent to widow was dirt on arrival and other days until we call room service to clean! Unfortunately it is beside the sofa that mild child sleep -The minibar was dirt on arrival -Every day they clean the each room in 5 min! -In nights it is too noisy outside. Next time I prefer to be near Taksim and not just in Taksim -There were many guest men around the pool who did not come into water and just stare at women! They should not allow them -Staffs in reception and securities were not too kind! -Breakfast was too expensive( 150 TL per person) -Room was small( 27 m2) -Not coffee maker in room -Poor air condition . It was warm most the time

-Good location in Taksim -Good view in Bosphor rooms -Fast elevators -They Let us have an early check in

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Shortage of reseptionest Crowded Staff dealing was poor Windows is view all people in the room (it is not reflected)

Only the location and the sea view in the room

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

I arrived early morning at 2.00 am and the reception charged me full day although i was booked for the very same day but frim check on time, the hotel could have considered us arriving after a kind midnight flight but they did not bother to but charged me a full rate for a very small corner room that was not very helpful but apart from that the housekeeping was excellent

Service was good but the reception staff were really not too heloful except Me. Fatma who did her best to help

• Club Room Bosphorus View With Lounge Access

There are few people at the reception desk for such a hotel. They are very kind and knowledgeable and are doing there best. However, it is always crowded. A second armchair in the room, as well as the sofa (as described on booking.com), not to discuss about the bureau, would have been useful. Our room did not have these expected facilities.

The location is excellent. Excellent is also the view from the rooms situated at the upper floors. We have enjoyed fantastic view of Bosphorus from the 17th floor. The staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast covers almost all tastes.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Even if we put the do not disturb sign on the door somebody from cleaning entered in the room to clean up. (It happend not only one time)

The breakfast was ok The location is very good

• Two Bedroom Family Suite with Bosphorus View

They have to remove the whole stuff from the minibar as we are family and i can not control my kids in the other room of the suite.

Location, few steps from the isteklal shopping street and metro station.

• Two Bedroom Family Suite with Bosphorus View

1) repeated mal function of main door of the family suit I booked. 2) Learning on arrival that the Boshporus view as conveyed in the offer by Booking.com was not for complete suite but for only one bedroom. This was quite disappointing. 3) Airport shuttle is only available on fixed time during the day, and this information was not reflected on booking.com, which just stated that the room type booked by me includes shuttle service to airport without mentioning any restriction of timmings.

location is the biggest plus for Marmara Taksim

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

I didn't like the customer service , the housekeeping is very poor , I have been at the hotel for 3 nights and they didn't add the shower gel nor the complimentary coffee tea sugar during 2nights They have kep it as it's since the first night , they came to me only after my complain My booking was with breakfast , I didn't like the breakfast menue , it's not the standard of five stars hotel They really need to enhance their service

The location is perfect

Nothing..

I liked everything in fact. But the Housekeeper Gorhan is wonderful lady I ever seen and I give her the rate of 5 star. If the manager can also give her a promotion it will be nice thing. She deserves better. Last not least.. Thank you..

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Could not find any thing that I do not like.

The guys in the reception are very helpful. And appreciate what they did for me in selection the right room for me.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Just one comment about the concierge, there was two guys: Ahmet, who works the day time shift, and another guy (I don't remember his name) works at the evening shift. Ahmet was amazing, helpful and don't push you for any thing that you don't want; gives you all helpful information and respect your choices. The other guy disappointed me and although polite, but his main objective was to push you to take his offers and trips. For example, I was planning to use public transportation (metro and tram..etc) for my exploration of the city, and once asked him some tips about it, he directly said that it is summer time, the metro is not good...etc and that he can arrange private taxis for us, while in reality (and this is because I was preparing my homework) it was just perfect, well-equipped with comfort and cool AC everywhere.. it is strange how he was ready to give bad reputation to his city's facilities to get advantage of special deals they have! the same when I asked him about trips.. So just stick to Ahmet

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

we had cosmetics stolen in our room. The reception staff apart from a lady called Fatma was so rude and unhelpful. We found human Hair in our breakfast and nothing was done about it when we told the staff. Service is not like other hotels in this area, Stay away But Again worse of all the cosmetics where stolen from our room.

location was great only

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Service was a major flaw. Rude staff at reception made it feel like they were paying us to stay at the hotel.

Comfy beds, well maintained hotel. Clean and spotless..

• Club Corner Bosphorus View with Lounge Access

We booked 2 club room lounge one 8 night and one 6 night , they suppose to have "360 view nice club lounge " as we paid for it but when we wanted to use they told us it's close for renewtion, and this funny to charge people for something you don't have.

View

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

Employees trying tell you how wrong we are I don't thing no one ere told them first ammentment in business ( coustumer is always right)

A. They are short of staff all the time no one to help if you need any thin starting with bellman you need to take your bag, if you call house keeping or room service or any department front desk and mostly same person will pickup the phone to tell you how busy he is and you should call back later B. They have cut regular room in two small under standard room with pocket doors becouse ther is not space if you had to open a door C. Workman ship in constructing the subdivision is so bad that when you take shower water will drain into out site of shower and you have to walk on drainage water D. Becouse of water going out of shower there is miles all over the bathroom and I have pictures to show if that is possible on this site E. My guset who owns 38 hotel told me he personally asked for bottle of water from the guy who checks the mini bar but he never got it

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Club Corner Bosphorus View with Lounge Access

The room for a club room way too small and not good value for money. Top it off the room was cheaper via yr competitors. Wasn't worth booking in advance

locstion

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

I have not seen any thing that I do not like.

The view of the room and I recommend to book for room which has both city and posforos view. Also, the staff and hospitality was excellent. The guys on the reception were helpful and supportive. Room service was very fast when you ask for something.

• Corner Double Room with City View

Toilets are too small , pillows and mattress are non comfortable. I stayed in non smoking floor but still there is a smoking smell .

Great location, thanks for the front office mr. Berke he was really helpful .

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

The room was not very clean, there was hair all over the carpet. And it is kind of small and congested. I think it is more of a 4 star hotel than a 5 star.

The location is perfect. Medan Taksim and the metro station are across the street. And there are lots and lots of shops and cafes in that area.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with City View

live the luxury in the heart of taksim near to all taksim transportation ,shops,bars and restaurants very easy check in and out offer a free late check out at 2:00pm with a storage for languages until flights time very nice open air swimming pool with a city and sea view

Browse The Marmara Taksim traveller photo gallery