Reviews of Mercure Istanbul City Bosphorus 5 stars

Barbaros Blv. No:165 Esentepe Besiktas, Besiktas, 34349 Istanbul, Turkey

#641 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

A nice place to stay on a budget
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Central location with an outstanding view of Sultan Mehmet bridge. Also the neatness and cleanliness of the hotel is very good. The rooms are spacious and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast is also good.

The site seeing tour operator is not honest.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The site seeing tour operator is not honest. We booked for a full day tour to price's island. Half day is more than enough for visiting only one island.

Really enjoyed it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The staff at the breakfast restaurant were very sleepy and unfriendly, was surprised comparing tot he rest of the other positive things there

Very quick response from the staff in regards to the request for a tooth brush and paste, it reached the room in less than 4 minutes. I complained about the internet connection, in no time the IT technician at my room I asked for a late check out, answered in a very positive way

Nice location near to Zorlu mall
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

the hotel amenities products such as shampoo and shower gel very bad quality, nothing special , this specific concept of the hotel doesnt need such a terrible quality of products

luxurious room,excellent bed soft and clean, the bath was awsome very clean but unfortunatelly the hotel amenities was awfull and with very bad quality. The breakfast is grate, enough choices for all kind of interests, excellent wifi, grate design of the room in the 20th floor.

The payment was at the time we reached the hotel which was...
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The payment was at the time we reached the hotel which was the first time a hotel take their money on the first day it really annoyed us The staff at the reception were not friendly and didn’t smile not once saw any one of them smiled at us

I hadn't requested a non-smoking room cause it...
    • Superior Room - Deal of The Day

I hadn't requested a non-smoking room cause it didn't occur to me that this would be necessary in a modern business hotel these days. Once i found out and realizing that i wouldn't be able to sleep with the smell i had to insist twice on getting a different room after the receptionist initially declined saying there were no non-smoking rooms available.

Good luck
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Very strict with supplying drinking water however not allowed to buy any food or water from outside the hotel The minibar full of win and alcoholic drinks while I asked to empty the fridge

Flexibility changing my room to a beggar one Location near zurlo center shopping mall

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Bad soooo bad
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Bed was so bad in quality rough comforter and pillow Hot very hot room Ac conditioner was off instead heater is on all the time with room temperature >30 °c They refuse to turn on the ac conditioner Refuse to refund tge money Refuse to do late check out, even wgen I told them im genius deal from booking, they got angrey becaouse the hate booking.com, and site of booking .com dosnot working in that country

Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Although not related to the accommodation, but the taxi service is bad and organized , so there are no system in deciding the price. Furthermore most of the could not speak English language, so most of the time it is difficult to communicate with them. In UAE, there are a electronic counting system to measure the cost according to the distance, so I think this will be better for tourism. Best regards

Generally good, staff were excellent

Location on booking.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Location on booking.com was over promising. Room with smoking odor thought i asked for non smoking room and when i complained they said no availability. I asked for alcohol to be removed and no one did it. Drinking water was not available and I had to request at midnight. Breakfast is not very rich. Not for a 5 star hotel.

Brief but suitable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Rooms weren’t available as requested. Ended up having to choose between a smoking room with a view or a lower internal no view room. Chose the lower room.

Roof top view from bar

Highly recommended for short and long stays. business or leisure.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View (3 Adults)

maybe some more options for breakfast eg. Baked Beans or omelettes

Fantastic hotel, great comfortable rooms, excellent facilities and experienced and friendly staff, super wi-fi, amazing room views. Restaurant food was really tasty.

The hotel is nice but needs some security in the room...
    • Superior Twin Room with City View (3 Adults)

The hotel is nice but needs some security in the room cleaning service I have lost some things I wish to stay again in the hotel but the security is poor in terms of room cleaning service and I do not know if there is a department responsible for the missing in the hotel

Comfortable and nice room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Everything was fine for a one-night stay

Nicely appointed rooms with quality fixtures and attention to detail (including lighting). Noce shower, comfortable bed. Good wifi.

The hotel rooms are pretty dated.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The hotel rooms are pretty dated. Only one accessible electricity outlet, which is in the bathroom. Not easy to charge your phone or use laptop at the desk. this part of Istanbul is safe but, motorcycles race around the hotel all night so it is hard to sleep. One night I walked down the street to the supermarket to buy a few apples and some juice. When I got back to the lobby the front desk asked to see what is in my bags I showed them and got a lecture about how I cannot bring food to the hotel. And that the only food in the rooms should be from room service.

WORST DAYS IN MERCURE BOSPHORUS !!!!

I booked this hotel as I was happy from Mercure in Edinburgh but unfortunately it wasn't the same at all. First of all, check in takes long time as they weren't ready for us even after I updated my reservation & add one day by the hotel itself. Then, when I enter the room for 3 adults there was bed missing and I have to tell reception to bring it or they will need to undergrade the room. At the end they brought the bed. Also, the room wasn't as big as it was in the picture, they are lying to the people on the pictures uploaded in Booking.com !!! The house keeping services was the WORST. They didn't change the dirty cups for 2 days, they didn't clean the bathroom and they take the towels and didn't return them back until I call the reception and asked him to do so after 2 days waiting them to do it by theirselves !!! Also, they didn't put any coffee or tea when it's finished until I called reception too !!! Finally, when we bring food from outside hotel they surprised us with a sign saying it's forbidden to bring food from outside which wasn't written in the hotel policies in Booking. Com !!! This was my worst days and they made my vacation in Istanbul the worst as I was chasing them for the services all the time and I won't recommend them for anyone at all.

Reception quick responds.

not a good family option

they take 3 h to book me in they change my booking by them self with options i don't like required alot of maintance as air condition wasn't working properly lamp light was burned not change swimming pool was very poor

A very satisfying travel
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

WiFi connection was so poor and the speed was awful. We stayed there for 3 weeks, but the WiFi connection quality didn't change. The floors of our rooms were not as clean as I expected. Although the room srvice was so great and she was friendly. There were not enough lights, and at nights we only had some table lamps. The rooms became really dark.

We could invite our guests anytime we wanted. Without limitation. The room service was so good. The hotel is located in the best part of Istanbul. Easy access to the public transport. European site of the city. Near the Bosphorus strait and Marmara sea.

Very friendly staff, great location, great breakfast, I...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Very friendly staff, great location, great breakfast, I defiantly will be back to this hotel, price compare to other hotels was really good... excellent experienc for me and my fiancé

Good and comfortable upper class business hotel at the 1st Bosphorus bridge
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Can't really complain about anything. I am not going to search the hair in the soup now...

I know the hotel since long time, even it changed ownership in the meantime (change from "The Plaza Hotel" to "Mercure Istanbul City Bosphorus Hotel" last year). Rooms are clean and comfortable and as expected in this hotel category. The bathroom offers a large shower and usual amenities, modern TV with a good choice of international channels is provided as well. The location is excellent if business takes you to the Asian part of Istanbul the next day(s) as it is situated close to the 1st Bosphorus bridge. Arriving late evening at Atatürk airport, it only takes about 20 minutes (without unusual traffic situation) to the hotel. During the day it couls easily take an hour or even more... The views from the roof top restaurant and the roof top bar over the Bosphorus, Marmara Sea and Besiktas are stunning. If you book Bosphorus bridge view you can also enjoy this from your room! For a business trip it's a good choice and good value for money. For tourists, I am not so sure whether the location is comfortable. There are many hotels closer to the sights and interesting places of Istanbul and I would not choose a hotel in this location for sightseeing in Istanbul.

Harsh but Honest

1- View – it’s not logical to say Seaview while you are almost 1 KM far from the sea just because you can see it from very far. 2- SPA – I hated them. I requested one hour massage & they wanted to finish after 23 minutes. After discussion, she stayed 15 more minutes then said finished & left. Very disrespectful. 3- SPA – for the first time in my life to see a hotel FORCE you to buy the head cover. You SHOULD as there is no near places to buy. 4- Food – you are not allowed to enter any food or drinks. In addition, prices in the hotel are very high. 5- Language – even it is said to be 5 stars’ hotel, most employees don’t speck English. The rest are OK, but not very good. 6- Rooms – During our stay, we had (2* Junior Suite with Bosphorus View) + (5* Superior Twin Room with City View) total 7 rooms. No two rooms were exactly same in size, bed size, or even views). Finally, I have been in 3-4 hotels around the world. They were much better than this. It doesn’t worth to be 5 stars.

Location was good. View was nice even far from Bosphorus. Rooms were nice & clean.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Great hotel for a business trip.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Worst feature: My bed's mattress wasn't firm enough (it was a bit quicksandish)

Best features: solicitous staff; delicious breakfast; nice view at the Sky Bar

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

pretty nice stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

the room was not a non-smoking room, pillows were a little bit smoked (stinky). they would probably change the room if I told the room service but I was too tired to explain.

- they gave me a room with a pretty nice bosphorus view - great breakfast - spacious room

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Only location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Room was very cold they didn't offer another room. In my fridge was broken bottle with ice. Reception is not polite and man from reception asked money for my friend but my room was for two person. When i refused to pay for my friend security came and asked my friend to leave hotel. It was my second and last time at this hotel.

Only location.

5 star hotel facilities with unqualified staff and bad attitude.

When I was booking on the website it said breakfast was 16 us dollar per person. When we got there they said 20 euros. So we wanted to have breakfast in the cafe in the first floor but the reception staff were pushing us to have the 20 euros breakfast saying that they don't have food now in the cafe. Except the staff in the reception who had an okay english no one else spoke english. Very poor english for a 5 star hotel staff. In the check out they made an unprofessional mistake charging us 40 euros extra. I hope it was a mistake.

it's a 5 star hotel. so it has what it needs to be one in terms of facilities. great Turkish bath. pool was OK. The view from rooms with Bosphorus bridge view are awesome.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Often disturbed by the housekeepers. Not that silence.

I had a great view of the Bosphorus bridge. Location: Close to public transports like busses and metro.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Location was very good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Hotel's owner has been changed and due to this reason there were some problems. Hotel could not provide shampoo for 3 days even if I asked for it. Sound insulation is also very poor. I can clearly understand every word that people at next room is talking. Also rooms are not comfortable for notebook use. Interior was dark for me.

Location was very good.

Clean hotel good location nice view
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

No balcony but a great roof top view

Location was good for the purpose of my travel. The only thing is that the room with sea view over the Bosphorus for which I paid extra was through narrow windows and they were very durty😞

Everything is excellent
    • Junior Suite with Double Bed and Bosphorus View

Everything is excellent

very good position ;

very good position ; collaborative staff , amazing staff

Nothing to be lik
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The matrix is really bad, not comfortable

Nothing to be lik

Very small room

Very small room

Superb

AC

nice hotel at good price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

in padt they har rooftop hreakfast with good view, now not as serve.on.first floor. will look for other hotel

nice hotel at good price

It was a pleasant stay at the hotel
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The location is far from many services

The bed was extra comfortable. The breakfast was extra delicious.

Good hotel close to the financial center of Istanbul
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Room decoration is quite old-fashioned

Nice location close to financial centers and offices Very nice Breakfast and gym facilities are good also.

location is good.
    • Superior Twin Room with Bosphorus View

cleaning is not enough...

location is good...

Good

F

F

Relax in comfort
    • Superior Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Great service. Excellent food with varied menu

Neat amd clean and value for money
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Location not perfect but good

Neat amd clean and value for money

Very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

I like food, staff, location

Location & price
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Ventilation system, bad air in the room

Location & price

Friendly staff, cozy, modern rooms.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Friendly staff, cozy, modern rooms. The location is the main plus for this hotel, though.

Will not stay again in same hotel

Rooms Breakfast Cleaning

Interesting city with different to Europe mentality
    • Junior Suite with Double Bed and Bosphorus View

Quite ramshackle interior of the room

Skilled and friendly staff

very helpful team
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

it is kind a old and it needs to be repaired

very helpful team

Eventhough i was placed in NON Smoking floor ,too much smoking smell satuarating the whole floor eas terrible.

Poor Attitude of Reception Staff

Close to ayyractiond

It was good

Nothingit was

Beed lf biger is beter

Reception.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

Food area crouded. Little selection and rude staff

Reception. Taxi service and room

• Superior Double Room with City View (3 adults)

The room cleaning

• Superior Double Room with City View (3 adults)

A but expensive
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

The quality of the bed and bellows

Facilities especially the health club

I like the location

House keeping is very bad, it's not clrean as any other 5 stars hotel

I like the location

,,,,

Clean

The room was so derty

Beahavior of staff

Beahavior of staff

• Superior Twin Room with Bosphorus View (3 Adults)

Staff

Never again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Really not like 5* hotel. In comparison with Mercure Altunizade or Taksim worst, in room old furniture, cigarrete smell, breakfest servis bad.

• Superior Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Amazing stay, made my trip to Istanbul completely worth it

Very comfortable and amazing environment

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Location, price and staff.
    • Superior Twin Room with City View

There was a little bit of a smoke smell around the lobby.

Location, price and staff.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

This time the hotel wasn't cleaned good!

The clean room

This time the hotel wasn't cleaned good!!

Comfort and affordable five star hotel

Not at all

Cool place and next time I will choose it again

Value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Bosphorus View

Price is reasonable for a five star hotel. So, don't expect much more than a four star hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

very clean room

very clean room

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Great view hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Fantastic view from rooftop restaurant (used also for breakfasts) on Bosphorus and Istambul city

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

breakfast was poor

breakfast was poor

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

All is well but for the bed, the mattress was very old or...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

All is well but for the bed, the mattress was very old or over used, was very uncomfortable to sleep.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

A great modern hotel with magnificent views of the Bosphorus...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A great modern hotel with magnificent views of the Bosphorus from the restaurant. Huge bed and very clean each day. A great hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

ordered a non smoking room, when arrived there was a strong...

the bed wasn't so comfortable.

ordered a non smoking room, when arrived there was a strong smell of cigarettes. ask for room change and received it immediately.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

The A/C wasn't working in the guestrooms.

The A/C wasn't working in the guestrooms. We changed rooms twice, and were then told that they were letting the A/C "rest". Unacceptable.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

This is a very nice and a clean hotel, rooms cleaned daily...

Nil

This is a very nice and a clean hotel, rooms cleaned daily and new towels always has been provided, nice breakfast overall the staff thaat works at the hotel are amazing.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Staff was friendly.

No electric plug available in the room, the only one was located in a bathroom near the sink. The air felt dry in the room, not comfortable to breathe, and no way a window could be open.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Very clean hotel , good location , beauteful view from the...

the hotel personal took from my credit card to deposit 334tl ..when i made chech in reception personal said that when I leave from the hotel , they unblock deposit, and the amount will return to my credit card. 2 weeks have passed now..I Still don't have my deposit money back . be careful !

Very clean hotel , good location , beauteful view from the hotel room .

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Rooms are too hot!

Rooms are too hot!!! I've stayed there 20 times and will not again. It is not possible to regulate the temperature and way too hot. Breakfast is quite poor considering the food variety of Turkey.

There are also 64 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mercure Istanbul City Bosphorus traveller photo gallery