Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Istanbul 5 stars

Eski Buyukdere Caddesi No:3, 4. Levent, Kagithane, 34330 Istanbul, Turkey

#352 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

Pick Movenpick!
    • Junior Suite with Lounge Access

I didn't like having to leave after having a fantastic weekend away!

I liked the spa, the food, the suite, the lounge on the 20th floor and I liked the staff especially Alper and all the team who were extremely helpful and friendly. I loved the view from the 20th floor which was astounding!

i like to staying at Movenpick hotel form longtime for its hospitality and distinctive location
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel was special to me, the staff were always friendly smiling and serving , the food was excellent but now the breakfast has become normal and food is not at the level of 5 stars ,it is not renewed The place become crowded and the elevators is very busy and out of order, I wish from the hotel management to pay attention to avoid these things.

Fair

Bad breakfast and overused floor carpets plus they don't allow to bring food from outside the hotel. Spa is average. Rooms smell cigarette even in a non-smoking rooms. Weak air conditioning.

Location Staff

It is not 5 star hotel in terms of guest rooms

Old carpers , simple bathroom facilities it was 3 star level , old furniture and simple bed cover , very simple breakfast

Staff , car parking service , nice loby

Everything, I think hospitality was the worst, I don’t think I will ever come to this hotel again. If you are Arab or you are going with your Family, please go to another hotel and never this hotel Even though they have good facilities, the staff are not up notch in treating their residents. They promise 3 beds and deliver 2 with extra bed. They have problem communicating in English They don’t guide you to breakfast tables unless you are not Arab They don’t allow food or drinks from outside because of the hotel policy but they have don’t return your calls for in dining room and the menu is so Short The rooms are not cleaned and curtains full of dust and I never saw room like that This hotel deserves 2 star hotel as Max and nothing else even though I know Movenpick hotel offer better services Then this.

Comfort, service and location was fantastic.

The breakfast wasn’t rich for the value and the food & beverage prices are too over-priced. I suggest better quality tea & coffee at the breakfast hall.

Comfort, service and location was fantastic.

Clean place, friendly staff, good breakfast, and great...
    • Superior Twin Room

Nice looking swimming pool but had no life guard in case of emergency.

Clean place, friendly staff, good breakfast, and great location very close to metro station (T1) & sapphire shopping mall (which has restaurants , shops & a supermarket). The room was available when we arrived after a long night flight & they gave us the room very early were my kids could have a rest before noon.

I have stayed almost every 5 star holiday for business...
    • Superior Twin Room

I do not know. I think there was nothing negative I can say. It is a very good hotel.

I have stayed almost every 5 star holiday for business purpose this ticks all the boxes. Comfy, bar, food, location. I really can not find a fault.

The rooms are extra clean and big!

The rooms are extra clean and big! They provide bottled water every night. Also amazing service each time we contacted the front desk. Amazing hospitality!!!

Rooms are fine.

Charged me expensive breakfast for every night after using it once. Restaurant charged more than they said they would.

Rooms are fine. Ice cream is nice. Conveniently located next to 4. Levent metro. Great buffet in the restaurant.

Breakfast was good .

Location is far a bit to reach any mall or walking area . Must have car

Breakfast was good . Reception people was very quick an helpful. Comfort bed. space in room was good

Good value for money

Location is business oriented, the metro station is just outside an 8 stations directly to the more tourist center. Also one of the hotels phone ring for an hour in one of the mornings... not a big minus but the rooms are far from sound proof.

Nice room, nice view, good value for money.

Alwayes i prefer to stay there

i was staying in 14st floor ,the view of Istanbul city Was greet

excellent location near Metro station , Taxi office , Safer Mall tower , mosque 5 min to the hotel , shops and restaurants around the place . greet breakfast , comfortable bed , high speed internet. every things was attractive

Room is good and comfortable.
    • Superior Twin Room

Long time for checkin. Reservation was made 10 days before, hence it took them almost one hour to have my room ready although I came at the official time of normal check at 1400 hrs. Also they did not refill the free tea and coffee minibar.

Room is good and comfortable. They refilled free bottled water

It was conveniently located at good location for everything I needed

This was a great hotel, at a great price in a great area very conveniently located right next to shopping centres and the M2 Metro underground train service which links to Taksim square....

Other than TV, the rest was fine.

The variety of TV channels available in the room was terribly limited especially, English language channels. Quality of picture and transmission to the room was poor.

To be fair, it is an OK hotel, but I wouldn't be stying here again.

During my checking out, they were about charging me again for the staying although it was a pre-paid kinda reservation and they withdrew their money 10 days ago! That thing pissed me off. The reception guys are limited in English. The breakfast is very poor and low quality. Breakfast staff were very curt, unfriendly and unhelpful. The location of the hotel is in the heart of the business area where the center of traffic and crowed is and this makes it very miserable experience every time we got in and out. I have gone to many other hotels in Istanbul and all around the world and I have never been charged for Nespresso capsules but here! That was very awkward and cheap. Overall, the building is an old-fashioned one, might need to be renovated. One last thing, the noise from cars and people through the window and during the day was very loud.

The hotel was clean, cheap and reasonable. I paid very cheap price in comparison to other hotels for the amount of nights I spent. Room service was ver fast and prompt.

A little oasis where you can escape after a hard day of client visits.

Room temperature. Not able to control thermostat and as result had to open window and suffer noise. Gym is only adequate and could easily be improved.

Great Bed. Great pillows and sheets. Clean rooms. Friendly and efficient staff. Room service food is tasty and good value. Pool is excellent for a relaxing dip.

perfect value for money
    • Superior Twin Room

during lunch or diner the staff started cleaning the table while 1 of ours was not ready eating yet

very good service, friendly staff, comfortable and pleasant stay

Great overall

More dining/bar options.

Staff were great and helped despite the somewhat complicated booking itinerary (7 rooms, different check and check out dates, 2 different kinds of layouts...etc).

This is my second stay at the Movenpick Hotel and won't be my last.
    • Superior Twin Room

I liked the comfort of the room and it had nice big beds to relax on. The pool was nice and warm to have a swim in. The security was good and having a X-ray machine as you enter was really good.

Great hospitality by Hekmat Bey.

Hekmat Bey was so nice to great, smile and recomended places to visit every morning. The location is literaly is beneth the metro. The team is so flexible and responsive. We enjoyed our visit to the max. Thanks for the team to made pur trip to istanbul. a remarkable one

Fantastic and very helpful staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

Difficult to get to get a taxi during rush hour - morning and evening.

Fantastic and very helpful staff. everything is was really good. perfect for business.

Good

Location is good just opposite to metro station and near the sapphire mall but in very crowded noisy neighborhood

Clean spacious rooms. Professional staff

Clean and Comfortable

I liked it all

It is a beautiful hotel in a convenient location. Stuff was very helpful and spoke English well. I don’t speak Turkish so that was important to me. There is many places to eat around hotel, am the hotel restaurants are very good. I loved the room and the wiem of Istanbul.

Excellent hotel for staying in the Zorlu area.
    • Superior Room with € 30 Voucher

Location is fine if wishing to be near Zorlu Centre and surrounding modern business area of Istanbul, but would not otherwise recommend an area dominated by ugly modern steel and glass buildings and congested main roads.

Excellent rooms and facilities, ideal for business use, and consistently high standard of service from staff. Easy access from Istanbul metro.

My stay in Movenpick Levent

I cannot add anything here as during my stay in the hotel all was fine.

Location of the hotel is very good. Easy to get in both European and Asian part of Istanbul. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast with plenty of options

This is the only time I didn't feel comfortable with my stay in istanbul. The reception is perfect

The Resturant facilities are very poor . 1- They have very limited varieties . 2- Most of time you need to ask for the food as it is most of time finished and they refill it . 3- They have really common problem in the water , coffee , hot milk and tea on the buffet. You need to ask three times for that and finally you need to talk the manager in order to get your requirements . Once you arrive the Resturant for the beakfast you feel that there is something wrong in the system here . Everything is difficult to get .

Staff in the reception very coordinative .

It was good but not good for value of money

I booked tow rooms for 195 dollar each without Breakfast,tow days later the price go down near 130 dollar.disapinted.

Expensive and fair went down too much in tow days.

I enjoyed my stay for the second time at this hotel

Nothing to mention.

This was my second stay at this hotel. The hotel receptionists are friendly and helpful, my special thanks to Mr. Ayberk at the reception who is wonderful. Other hotel staff are also nice and polite. The breakfast is excellent. I like the hotel location which is next to metro station and close to several famous shopping malls. The rooms I have so far stayed, have been clean, quiet with good city views. I will definitely return to this hotel next time I visit Istanbul again.

nothing i like

the hotel deducted the total amount for my stay before my travelling days. i have reserved three room for 9 nights and while i am in my country , they authroized the whole amount for 9 nights. as per booking rules, says not deduction from your credict card will be taken unitl you arrive the hotel. I have tried to explain this issue but no body would like to help me i recommend not to reserve or stay at this hotel next Thanks

nothing i like

A nice time in Istanbul
    • Superior Room with € 30 Voucher

I cannot add anything here, as my experience was a good one 😀

A hotel were I am always coming with pleasure. It has a very good location, close also to Metro station. The breakfast was generous. During my stay I enjoyed a tasty Turkish cuisine in the hotel's restaurant as well. I do recommend to use it.

The hotel did not comply with booking requirements. Instead of non smokin room with king size bed that offered me smoking one. I would have never expected that hotel room can smell so terribly. The guy at reception did not event try to help - at check out another one simply ignored my extremely negative comments. I do not understand why those people keep on asking : how was your stay? They accept only : it was fantastic! No , please avoid that place. I was not first time in that hotel their but they appearently disregard frequent customers. I will never book that place again.

Very good five star hotel with professional staff & an excellent breakfast

Nothing to mention.

The hotel is well organized. Very professional staff work at reception and other parts of the hotel. I really liked very positive approach of the receptionists. The breakfast is also excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Best in class and value for money

Property is at the centre of the city. It makes life simple for business travellers.

Well maintained property with all possible amenities. Staff was very good and helpful at all times. Approach was good.

Excellent Value for Money
    • Superior Twin Room

Traffic on the main street can be quite bad but then again, welcome to Istanbul

Excellent value for money. The indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna are lovely. The rooms are of a good size, beds are comfortable, staff are well-trained and security is good. I had left my mobile phone in the taxi from the airport and although i could not recall the car plate number, they managed to help me trace the driver as their security camera had recorded it. I was very impressed by the calmness of the reception staff, who explained to me how they were going to trace the driver. A couple of hours later, i got back my phone. They went the extra mile for me when they could have distanced themselves from any responsibility and that is where Movenpick Hotel Istanbul has delivered. Restaurant in hotel has pretty good food as is the Swiss breakfast. Location is just above a metro stop that can get you to most places easily. Lots of food and shops around the hotel as well. There is a small shopping centre about a 100m away with a cinema, some coffee shops, restaurants and shops. However, it was quiet in the hotel despite the bustling street it is located on. I have stayed in many hotels in Istanbul but in terms of the value proposition, this is your best choice.

There was something wrong regarding the family room rate but...
    • Family Room

There was something wrong regarding the family room rate but it was solved by booking.com The hotel dose not have a shuttle bus, in the search of booking.com it has

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The breakfast was good and varied

The room is v basic w no much entertainment options like more English channels , Bluetooth radio , free internet....also room service menu was not that varied.

The breakfast was good and varied

Stolen Jewellery

I had a terrible experience at this hotel as my jewellery (2 diamond rings) were gone / stolen and the hotel management simply did not take any responsibility.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

A good hotel for short break

The business center facility, and no welcome drink or fruits

Location, variety of breakfast items and friendly staff from entrance to reception in addition to Azzur restaurant breakfast staff.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Rooms need to be refurbished. I think that in-room accesories have comleted their eco-life.

Excellent staff, great location, very clean and silent rooms, all details well cared.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

A nice place to stay over

Its just the room was a bit cold because the heater was set to certain degree.

Nice helpful stuff. The rooms were pretty spacious. Bed was really comfortable. If you want to be close to business district then you can choose this hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Good Hotel near Maslak
    • Executive Double Room with Lounge Access

Paid for executive room so I have lounge access to work from - it was closed for the day for 'planned' event - so I paid 30 quid extra for nothing!!

Clean and functional - good location. Comfortable bed and good shower + toiletries

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

That the hotel is well maintained and the connection to the...

I was surprised upon checkout to learn that the Nespresso coffee was not complimentary. Normally coffee and tea amenities are on the house. It would be a good idea to advertise this as they do for the water in the room. And if you want a face cloth or loofah you need to ask for this they do not place it in the bathroom.

That the hotel is well maintained and the connection to the metro system.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Nice surprise

Little bit far from the city center and downtown but its good if u plan to stay it that area

The staff are great they surprised us with a birthday cake , there is a mall just infront of the hotel and two other mall nearby, metro station (4.levent) also infront of hotel , room size in good

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The location is good

I have waited more than 30 min for the Lagag boy for checking out, though I've inform the reception many times. At the end no one has come and I carried my 4 Lagages by my self 😤

The location is good

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

My address in Istanbul
    • Superior Twin Room

The traffic noise from the main street. If you prefer silence, you may choose your room located away from the street (possibly sacrificing a nice city view).

A hotel very suitable for business travels with a very good location at Istanbul's financial district. Helpful and supporting staff with smiling faces. A very good selection and variety of food at the breakfast and dinner menus. Relatively easy to reach by car thanks to its location on a large street and being close to the two bridges across Bosphorous. Very close to public transportation (metro and buses) which can take you to the airport in 1-1.5hr with one or two transfers... or an take you to Istanbul's historical, touristic and cultural sites in 20-45 min.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The breakfast staff was absolutely fabulous!

The hot tub was cold which was a disappointment and when I went to use the skybar is far rented for a private event.

The breakfast staff was absolutely fabulous!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Excellent for Buisness excellent for shopping excellent location to use metro

Behavior of some girlies in reception I think they need more experience I am regular Traveller stay more than 150 days in hotels which can judge this type

Reception very good mainly one gentleman I meet in arrival and departure I think his name ayoup breakfast very good I had been in this hotel many times it's excellent with small weakness with behavior of some girls in reception finally it's more than excellent

Excellent for the money

Excellent for the money

Great place & great level of service (the team is very...
    • Junior Suite with Lounge Access

Great place & great level of service (the team is very friendly)

Place maybe

Place maybe

Location that was just the metro station

Location that was just the metro station

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

not clean room poor facility and breakfast

room cleaning so bad and old furniture poor facility and food, first they gave me uncleand room then they change it

perfect room/ gym/ location
    • Superior Twin Room

slow check in. I go every 3 months since years and still they have not registered my datas in the system.

perfect room/ gym/ location

NA

Location Excellent staff Comfy and clean rooms

Great place to stay. Would recommend to everybody!
    • Superior Twin Room

Everything was just awesome!

Very comfy after long run in istanbul ,clean and quiet
    • Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

I book in executive room and the lounge close all the time and the breakfast just fine

Very comfy after long run in istanbul ,clean and quiet

Very enjoyable
    • Superior Twin Room

The front desk and restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would go back for them !!

• Executive Double Room with Lounge Access

staff at the reception

staff at the reception

Perfect location, large room

The location is just perfect, one minute walking distance. The room was very large and especially bathroom. Very kind and friendly staff ...

All staff was excellent

Location and it was not 5 star as my exproence

All staff was excellent

Nice place

The staff are very friendly and helpful,room very clean, very good breakfast, quiet place to stay and very good location

A good and well connected business hotel

Comfortable beds, good breakfast and amazing ice cream!!! A good business hotel with an ideal and well-connected location.

The location, service and cleanliness.

The location, service and cleanliness.

Great bed and room size!

Great bed and room size!

I am very much satisfied with the service...

Not available Indian Food :D

Awesome service...

Poor choice relative to others

Not much

Didn't like it

Movenpick is our destination in Instanbul whenever we visit.
    • Superior Room with € 30 Voucher

The staff are wonderful, especially Ali at reception, Hikmat and Nirgis at Azure restaurant.

An excellent 5 star hotel at unbelievable value

The view was phenomenal. The staff especially made my stay comfortable. They were excellent

De room was good and the breakfast even better.

De room was good and the breakfast even better.

Lot of pillow options, great spa

I never got an upgraded room and I've always stayed at this same hotel!

Lot of pillow options, great spa