Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Izmir 5 stars

Cumhuriyet Blvrd.No:138 Pasaport-Alsancak, Konak, 35210 Izmir, Turkey

#28 of 101 hotels in Izmir

• Superior Twin Room

The facility needs renovation. Even tje furniture is broken and water armature with selfheating elements can not be regulated by temperature anymore. The transfer was not organised well, the staff speaks in English, but it seems not used to organise such service and having all flights data they can not define to which terminal they shall send the driver. Very pity. The receiption staff offers you tea until you wait for the room (they didnt have non-smoking room and I had wait in the lobby), but than bring you coffee and even place it without saying excuse for absence of tea! What a service is this? And by the end of waiting they provide you the smoking room - just opened window! I will never return to this hotel again. There are many other hotels and in such high competition Movenpick Izmir shall change management.

The place is ok, the real center, nice view to the sea from the breakfast hall. Lobby is still nice.

• Superior Twin Room

I booked this hotel from New York. I paid decent money for 3 nights,expecting nice room with sea view. When I walked in the room I was so disappointed didn't like it at all.I had to wait 30 minutes for them to clean up the room I wanted. In the room when we were walking floors making a lot of noise It needs to be changed.Room is very dark.When we take a shower bath room doesn't have ventilation you could imagine the mirror.. Also I have to say I ordered 2 Turkish tea it coast me 16 lira.It was in Turkish tea cups so little. Outside in the restaurants that tea is 3 lira.over priced.

I liked exercised gym room on the 10th floor.

• Superior King Room

Being told that the AC is not switched on (an offered a fan with an open window) because it is still winter while the temperature is 27°C outside and 25°C in the room.

The breakfast buffet is complete and quite good

• Superior King Room

I dont like the Reception attitude too much, when they can give room in the morning of arrival around 11, they prefer ro say our check in is at 2pm. But you can see that hotel is empty and they can help you more than that.

Well location was great, room was comfortable too.

• Superior King Room

Little things only. The wardrobe in the room was a little awkward to get in and out of. At breakfast, there weren't enough hot options for a vegan.

Decent breakfast and staff very willing to bring me a couple of additional extras to cater for me, as a vegan. Nice wellness suite. Good gym and an excellent sauna, steam room and pool. Also heard their massages were very good.

• Superior King Room

The personal was so friendly and helpful. Very clean and comfortable rooms. I reccomend that hotel to all travellers who like the comfort and quality.

A little bit expensive

Excellent Location and Good Breakfast. Front desk helpful. Offering a bottle of water when you check out is very nice and touching gesture. In fact that should be offered even when guest his checking in.

• Superior Twin Room

I didn’t see anyone smiling in the hotel expect the lady in the health club, other than that they didn’t make me feel welcome at all. I requested a recommendation how to go to the telephric so they called a cab for me, when i reached the place the driver said that it might be closed & it was true the telephric was closed for renovation & no one knows about it or tried to go the extra mile & ask or help me in order not to loose my time & my money to go their. In this place you need to ask for what u want, the service is so basic for a 5 stars hotel. Too expensive for what i received.

Great location, good breakfast. I requested yo have a breakfast box on my second morning because my checkout was very early morning & they did it for me. The ro was very hot & couldn’t change the aircontioning to cooler temperature.

• Superior King Room

The only disappointing thing about the whole hotel was the fact that you cannot chose hot or cold. In winter you can only have hit AC etc. I visited in December and the room was actually very hot without the heating on and we were told at this time of the year the cold on AC doesn’t work.

Location amazing. Staff were Excellent

• Superior King Room

Staff were less friendly at the door and i was not pleased with their approach

Standard of rooms was excellent and the hotel was beautifully constructed was an amazing location. My room was sea viewing which was very enjoyable

• Executive King Room

The staff lacked professionalism. A "good morning" in the mornings and a "hello" "merhaba" as you arrive should have been a standard procedure. As there was none of it. The staff seemed under pressure when there was no reason for it, hence the lack of attention to detail. The Television was ancient and could not get any English channels. The top floor , where there is a fantastic view of Izmir harbour , was shut and we were unable to sit down and enjoy a drink. The place was unkempt and not clean.

Asked for Menemen for breakfast, arrived very quick, and it was delicious The bed was very comfortable

• Superior King Room

It's a prime location. Walking distance to Alsancak, Konak. The Hotel was clean, staff was professional yet friendly. Gokmen at the front office was AWESOME!

• Superior King Room

Althoug they upgraded us to an executive room, we couldnt feel that we were executive...Also breakfast buffet was much more better in our recent stays but this hotel is still the only one for us in İzmir.

Room, location, cleanliness and breakfast.

• Executive King Room

Even though i arrived at midnight,without early arrangements ,reception gave me a room asap without any delay because they saw how tiered i was. I appreciate their management and understanding

• Superior King Room

Very good breakfasts, big choice of dishes, good local food, especially pastries and cheese, and of course fresh fruits. Good selection of organic food and drinks. Nice room with very comfy bed. Great spa area, with a gym and a swimming pool, and sauna.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Senior Suite King

Absolutely everything! You'd expect a hotel of that caliber be more expensive, with a little arrogant staff, but for Movenpick Izmir, no. Amiable, smiley staff ready to assist you with everything.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Superior King Room

Bed was too hard even with the topping. We were offered an upsell at the time of check in but the room we paid for was facing a dreadful huge neon Telekom sign on the building across the street. Made our whole room day-bright at night forcing to put the blind down which i hate because i dont like sleeping in the dark and with no fresh air from the window, Their air conditioner made my throat very dry, probably too old filter. Housekeeper sort of neglected us, didnt refill the coffee a couple of times, brought only decaf after we asked for it one day...took away my bathrobe, sleepers and both of our big towels during her last cleaning and i was stuck wet in the shower while my boyfriend called the desk and asked for them towels. And lastly my biggest disappointment with the hotel was that we checked in a day before my birthday. It was the first time i'd ever stayed at a hotel for my birthday and being a hotel manager myself i was curious how is it going to be on the receiving end of this experience. Nothing followed, i was surpriced, a little bit disappointed but got a bottle of wine and called room service to order in some food and an ice bucket. Told the room service attendant that i was celebrating my birthday, he was nice, congratulated me but i still got no attention from the hotel which is very strange to me. Waiting staff at breakfast arent enough or arent motivated, took me 3 days to get my coffee offered without having to hunt it down myself.

Great location, right across the street from port and subway, walking distance to shopping street, bars and restaurants. Most of the rental car offices are in that area. Great, equipped gym with amazing view over the city, nice pool. Good breakfast, very nice staff at the reception and room service attendant was very nice.

• Superior King Room

When we came to the hotel at 16:00, our rooms we're not ready and we had to wait for 1 hour. When I remind the lady in receptions that the check-in starts at 14:00, she told me that it's starting from 14, like it's the hotel's option. As far as I know that hotel has to make the rooms ready starting from 14, this option is on the customer's account. Once we entered to our rooms, the weather was 30degrees in İzmir and we turned on like A/C however the room was as hot as before (27degrees to be precise), while we were going out for dinner I asked the lady in the reception that it's very hot. She told me that the A/C is centrally controlled and she can do nothing about it. I asked her if she has any solution, she said that I can open the window which can be opened 10-15cm only, there are so much noise coming from the Street and the weather outside is even hotter than the room. Second day, when we came to the hotel at 16:00, the room wasn't cleaned. They came at 17:00 to clean however we were in the room so our rooms weren't cleaned until we checked out for 2 nights. We gave our car to the vale parking which they said they'll park our car in a closed parking place near our hotel and they charged 20liras per day the very first day. However, on our 3rd morning, we woke up with the police's phone call, they told us that we parked our car in a wrong place, on the Street, it wasn't in the parking lot apparently. When we said this problem to the reception, they even didn't say they were sorry, or they didn't come up with a compensative solution, they only said that they will take the car from there. We were lucky to have breakfast since we were waking up early, because people WHO came to the breakfast after 9:30 had to wait on the line to have seats.

The only thing I liked about this hotel was the breakfast and the location.

• Junior Suite King

The reception asked us at the check-in to stay in another hotel for one night (4 star hotel) as our rooms where under maintenance. I was furious to why they didn't call me and tell me that before i check-in and now they put me on the spot either to accept or to cancel my booking in this busy reason and look for another hotel by myself while i'm with my family!! The next day we checked in and they upgraded our room as a gesture. But still they should call and not to have no option!!

excellent location, and clean rooms.

• Superior King Room

the hotel is unthoughtful about the central heating system. In April, it only provides heating service. We wanted to cool the room down by selecting the "cool" button of the control panel on the wall before we went out, but when we came back the room was as hot as its steam bath room. Very unpleasant experience. Hotel didn't provide a good reason and permanent solution but give us an electronic fan. It did the work but I am not happy.

valet parking is impressive. receptionist was friendly and upgraded our first night to executive room.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior Twin Room

At the check in front desk made us wait 30 minutes just to confirm reservation. Then they mixed up the rooms and names which I clearly stated at booking.com reservation form. After that he asked us to fill some forms which I refused since it was above the limits. Note: It seems they are not aware of what GENIUS perks are.

Breakfast buffet and staff was excellent. location of the hotel are very good.Room was clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Executive King Room

I made the mistake to upgrade to what was supposed to be a sea view room to realize that I am getting a partial sea view and a huge building right in front of our faces.. I mean don't get me wrong but I wouldn't paid the extra had a known. We only booked for a one night stay and to our bad luck upon our return to our room that night there was a really loud wedding ceremony (live music and all) right at the floor above us... So paying extra for executive floor and sea view going both to waste. Reception people were kind enough to offer to change our room to a quieter one but I wish we had been informed at check in (when I am sure they knew already) Long story short it's a decent chain hotel disintegrating as shown by it's ratings...

Breakfast was really nice and location is in the middle of all interesting sites.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Superior King Room

The bed specially pillows were very uncomfortable. Not many TV channel options. To me this was not a 5 star hotel. Breakfast was not to the standard I have seen in other hotels. Either finished or some of the vegetables were old.

The view and health facilities

The breakfast doesn't have much variation.. the sound isolation is not perfect, actually you could hear neighbor walking step sounds and conversations;p Also the floor is cracking while i step on it. So it needs some maintenance the ac wasn't working so I felt kind of warm at night I believe that car parking service should be for free

Movenpik got perfect location, its next of the beach.. so guests got fast easy access to the restaurants among the beach.. they have clean and cozy rooms, with classic style. comfortable beds, free wifi service

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior King Room

The wi-fi connection is very weak on the lower and ground floor. Although I had specifically requested for a quiet room as I had an exam coming up the next day, I was put in one next to two people who were having fun and making noise as it was Saturday (however, I did get an upgrade at about 3AM that night, but couldn't get a good night's sleep for my qualification test).

Loved the Italian cheese served for breakfast with cherry tomatoes. The staff did their job in the end and upgraded my room to another tranquil one (due to the noise my first "neighbours" were making).

• Superior Twin Room

The stuff was very rude until they realised I booked them through booking.com and can complain about them. I did note 2 things down on my booking and all was accepted with no notification. I assumed they accepted it well and did not consider chasing them to confirm (as this is the last thing you would like from your holiday booking, it should rather be hassle free). They failed delivering all the requests. I learned after I arrived there they even did not read my note and also DID NOT CARE!

almost nothing accept the location for sightseeing. For arrival it is not easy unless you take a taxi, though.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Executive King Room

Five days in an executive room; the soap bar was never replaced and, the last day of my stay the complimentary water and coffee were not replaced. Lot of noise generated by the heater fan that had prevented a pleasant sleep i had decided to sleep in a cold room.

Excellent restaurant, well presented dishes and very polite staff. Very good breakfast with eggs clocked on request.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Superior King Room

View from the room was not impressive. staff had to be forced to change the room into the one that I booked. As often in all destinations they tried to locate stupid lonely tourist in lower class room.

high quality of furniture, beautiful location and surroundings, view from restaurant towards see. Walking distance to main touristic attractions.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Executive Twin Room

A viewable bathroom through a clear wall of class is not a good idea and you have to use a curtain to maintain your privacy & I think this kind of bathrooms unsuitable for families with children .

Very good and suburb hotel. Room space is above average. Location of the hotel near the city centre. Breakfast is good and fresh.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Our reservation included breakfast which was somehow over crowded couldn't find a place to sit. Had to wait a few minutes till we got to the table. We found used toilet papers and ear buds in the bathroom. The hotel also seems way too old.

The location was perfect. Close to everything.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior King Room

When I decide to book to stay at Mövenpick Hotel Izmir I had no idea what I feel like. But when we stayed there, we felt like staying at home. The hotel was very clean and I think they deserved what I paid for. The room size was quiet comfortable, the internet connection were very fast . The location is so close to the city center and it is also good access to go to the beaches and airport , The breakfast is served in buffet and quiet variable and tasteful. . We only stayed there for 2 days but wish to come back again at my next visit, I will recommend Mövenpick Hotel Izmir to everybody Thank you Mövenpick Hotel Izmir for making our stay enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Executive King Room

Only two Arabic channels (Aljazeera & Sky news) which is really boring. In addition the air-condition is an old system which needs to be replaced. Finally, the water pressure in the shower is to be increased.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Superior King Room

A turn down night service with a chocolate or rose on the pillow would have been nice. There was no turn down service.

I upgraded to an Executive Room and had free dry cleaning of 3 items daily plus 24 hour access to Executive lounge.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The second night no body cleaned my room or changed the towels. That was very disappointing.

Matt at the reception was helpful. Location is good. Near the seaside

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Superior King Room

Non smoking floors and smoking floors are just up and down. One is smoking in up room and all my room is smelling cigarette. Ask the rooms at 8-9th floor if you are a non smoker.

Swimming pool was closed

Location, room size, food, staff

• Superior King Room

A confusion about the booking made me so uncomfortable. I even was chased for payment for something I paid.

Location, cleanness, comfort of the room

Everything! Incredible hotel

Allsi Pl

• Superior Twin Room

Without warning pool closed for renovations. Chose hotel in large part because of pool.

Location. Nice pool

• Superior King Room

bedsheet and towels need to be rechanged, found few with holes.

Wellness, Restaurant, Cleaniness

• Executive Twin Room

room not ready , they give us room late in check in , noisy AC

good location ,

• Superior Twin Room

Restaurant too small for breakfast - hatd to find płace to eat.

Very good and rękach breakfast .

No time to visit

It was no time to visit

• Executive King Room

Maybe it should be remodeled

Wonderful location, great staff

• Superior King Room

Water was always cool. Never managed to have a hot bath or shower. The steam room was out of order but no signs were visible.

The pillows not comfortable

• Superior Twin Room

Executive lounge on top floor moved to first floor. Not going to book executive or suit as long ad they dont change this.

• Superior King Room

The pillows were a little soft for my taste

• Superior King Room

Heating system was broken and it was freazing . There is no proper parking and the facility is old.

Locstion

• Superior King View

Easy walk to restaurants, cafes, running trails by the water, ferry to the other side and to shopping streets. Spa is nice.

Breakfast was great and variety of options was just 👍🏼 Beds comfortable, room service good, staff friendly and very helpful

• Superior Twin Room

No balconi at the room ... small pool

Location .... I think it's at the best place for a tourist

• Superior King Room

Everything location fast responding from staff

• Superior King Room

Air conditioning is very noisy. Getting a good night sleep was very difficult.

Location is central

• Superior King Room

Breakfast, location and cleanliness. I would definitely stay next time.

great location.

• Executive King Room

Everything specially waiters in the lobby restaurant they are very very good

Road Traffic to reach hotel

Very good hotel and fair price

• Executive King Room

Good services, very helpful staff. Excellent !!!

Swimming pool , poor breakfast

Na

Na

• Superior King Room

Loation fantastic. Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Switch of air condition after midnight is a shame

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Superior King Room

Staff is great and always smiling and willing to help. Thats a game changer.

• Superior King Room

Hotel food and accommodation excellent. Food and restaurant service outside the hotel near the seafront was very poor.

Easy access to promenade.

• Superior King Room

Expensive parking (20tl per day)

Excellent staff Comfort room

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

windows, air conditioning

great breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Junior Suite King

Everything was great.

Courteous and considerate reservation attendant, great panoramic view looking at the seafrontont.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Superior King Room

I booked for a king room but I received a twin because no king rooms were available.

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior King Room

Room temperature! It was 27deg at night and air con was not working!

Location, cleanliness of the room, size of the room

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Executive King Room

the property was old the carpets stained the room smelled cigars ,furniture old towels old curtains upholstery stained

the bathroom was new

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Car parking

Location close to the cordon

Browse Mövenpick Hotel Izmir traveller photo gallery