Reviews of Ortakoy Princess Hotel 5 stars

5.2

5.2

6.1

5.3

Nice stay in a beautiful area
    • Standard Single Room

Some of the staff look so young, like they are minors. The hotel needs renovation for sure.

The staff was great. The hotel is in a very nice area. The pool is also in a good place with a view to the first bridge between Europe and Asia. In general it was good and I suggest the hotel especially during summer visits in Istanbul.

bad experience.

So bad atencion , the room was no so clean and the worst is They charged my card 2 times the value , and i tried to talk whit the hotel but they coudnt found my name in the reservation

Our stay was very enjoyable but the room was awful

The room was awful no patio and no view all we could see was a wall - if you leaned out of the window you could just see the pool. We were very disappointed with the room and the staff were very unhelpful in trying to change our room.

It"s a good time to stay in that area and you can sassy shop for your regular things

Overall cleaning and the rate of the hotel can"t reached for 5 stars !!!

The hotel located in a very nice location and you can use the local transportation as well.

Very poor, not 5 star, maybe 1 star
    • Standard Single Room

Rooms and decor were tired and faded. The first two nights I got no sleep as my room was adjacent to the next door night club. Thumping bass and noise until 7:30am. Breakfast choice and quality was poor. Staff were disinterested or rude. They couldn’t even provide a cup so I could make tea with the in-room tea bags and kettle. I asked politely 4 times over a 2 hour period, finally breaking in to the breakfast room to get my own. The final straw was the cockroach running around in the sink. Only when I had told them I was checking out did the manager seem even vaguely interested. There is no culture of customer service and hence they do not care. I cannot fathom how they claim to be a 5 Star Hotel - it is patently not true.

Nothing really.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The worst hotel

This is the worst experience I ever had in all my life. It is dirty hotel and bath with very bad room service and old equipment I recommend to not take this hotel even for 1 minuet. It doesn’t deserve any cent.

Hotel is perfect place, you can walk or take a taxi.. we have a great time.

Our mini bar was empty, and the daily self service was not fill up as water to hot drinks to make in room,coffee,sugar,tea was empty. Some of the staff did not want to call after a taxi, even though I ask it several time. They have a opinion about what is best, and stick to that, as a custom/guest I think it’s wrong. If I want them to call a taxi, they should do that.

The room was old and the door til bathroom was broken. The bed was not as comfortable as it should be. Anyway the room was clean. Some of the staff was helpfull.

Nothing was good.

Booking.com whybu have contract with such a hotels ? Why do you put your clients in such an unpleasant conditions? U need to visit that hotel by urself

Nothing was good. Noisy location. Impolite staff. Very old building . Old furnitures. Deirty. Cockroach everywhere. No security cameras in coridoors.

it was two lovely nights <<specially the hotel was in very good area for the touriest<

i just hope they improve the hotel coz we expaxt more facilities in five star hotel

the location of the hotel its perfect <just so close to ortakoy and everything beside you<but in weekend veru noisy specially the rooms facing the street <t but the manager of the front desk mr <<urtugrul was so nice and he offer us to change the roomthank you mr urtugrul for the way you treat the customers coz he was very understanding<<

Only Location

First of all the room was too old and smelly I have been stay hundreds of 5 stars hotel but this one don’t deserve to be 5 stars. The toilet was shocking it was tinny and the toilet seat was between pillars it was hard to get in, air condition was too old didnt work properly and the window was broken couldnt stay straight....

Only Location

I will never ever recommend this hotel to anybody.

The staff has an attitude issue and when I sow the room i relized that its not the same photos which posted in booking web. And i also refuse to stay because of the cleaning status was poor. The internet was not working as well abd I decided to check out however the didn’t bother them self to ask or to return the mony of the 7 nights. I lost it and i went to Radisson blu which was near.

Very bad
    • Standard Triple Room

Everything was bad, noisy room i could't sleep at all because of car sounds. Unprofessional staff. Water was not working for few hours. Some of the rooms didn't have cold water to take a shower. I don't know how they got 5 star, 2 stars is more than enough. Not recommended at all.

location only

Hotel for night girls

Bad facilities, not clean , not 5 star although in booking it's says it is a 5 star , expensive per night for poor rooms and they got no sea view. Overall they are cheaters really.

Only the location of the hotel

Not a 5star. Very dirty. Terrible managment ! Unhappy staff!

Definetly not a 5 star hotel. Very dirty rooms! Ac has been turned off in the rooms. Their excuse its winter!! But we learned from staff that in the summer they had them off as well to save. Balcony door was broken. So we had to ask for a fan ! Carpet in the room was more then disgusting! Very poor bf buffet. One staff works as technician and security !! Rooms are very dirty.. Bf was very poor. The only thing it has going for it is the location!

Worth it!

The equipment in the room was poor. There was not a safe in the room, which was a bit annoying. On weekends there is often a wedding in the hotel so it is a bit loud. Since we used to be out late it didn't bother us.

The staff was really friendly. The view from our room was excellent. The location is just PERFECT, Ortaköy is always up and just by the Sea. On the evening one might get food and still go to shop on the small stands next the the Kumpir (food) stands.

NOT a 4 Stars AT ALL

Dirty carpet floor . Dirty mattresses and poor attention to the bed itsself. There is no swimming pool. The terrace is in bad condition. Breakfast very poor quality

Good position

Worst hotel I have ever seen
    • Standard Triple Room

It's not even 2 star hotel very old broke furniture and worst customer service ever don't waste your money there are many options. Very noisy street and hot air conditioning. I would give it 0 out of 10.

The location which is not worth it.

The worse hotel in Istanbul, fake 5 star
    • Standard Single Room

The whole experience was super terrible, insects, unclean, not comfortable, they turn off the AC in public areas and restaurants during August !!!! Do not go there

5-star description is a lie

The hotel was a joke. It says on booking.com it's a 5-star hotel, well it's not! I would say it's a 2-star hotel by European standards. The pool was tiny and there were no sunloungers so we basically couldn't use it. And that was one of the main features why we chose this hotel. It was old and run down, like an average 2-star facility.

The only fairly good thing about this hotel is the location if you need to be in Ortakoy which is a nice area to go out. Otherwise it's far from the centre where most of the sights are.

The location is not good.

Location is not good. The taxi is not expensive, but the traffic is very heavy. There is not a subway or tram close to hotel. So we had to get a taxi to go the tram station. It's very difficult to go to historical center by car because of the heavy traffic. Sometimes, the taxi driver refused to take us from tram station to hotel because the traffic is so heavy close to the hotel. Then we had to walk during an hour. The room's wall wasn't clean and the bed wasn't so comfortable (but enough). When we arrived the air conditioner didn't work. Firstly, they said the air conditioner would be fixed on next day. As it was so hot, we insisted to change the room. We had luck there was an available room, but not with couple bed. I heard that the hotel changed of owner during the last year and then service quality decreased a lot.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Good choice, if you want to be at Ortakoy.

The location is good only if for some reason you want to be around Ortakoy (I did). Otherwise it is very far from the main sightseeing areas and not close to any subway station. I stayed for 4 days, my room was never cleaned until the afternoon hours. Keep in mind that the hotel hosts weddings at the pool area. The music is very loud. My room was at pool level; it was actually shaking. If your room faces the pool, you have to tolerate it. However the parties are over exactly at midnight. Walls are paper thin.

Rich breakfast, great variety of choices. Very comfortable bed, high quality linens. I was upgraded to an executive room, which was very spacious.

Location is the only thing that I liked it
    • Standard Triple Room

Poor English, bad wi-fi Pool was closed ,no one told us ! Fridge was smelly and not working Call 3 times for toilet paper and bought a roll across the street

Location is the only thing that I liked it The view from the room and restaurant

Beside the location, there is not good about this hotel.

Beside the location, there is not good about this hotel. The worst part is the breakfast. One jug of water for 30 people. You will not get 5 star hotel comfort.

location + car Park

Air-condition some time not working it seems very old and need periodic maintenance room cleaning staff needs to be supervised . Many cleaning Items are not available and you need to request it .

location + car Park Breakfast

Nothing is good and i don't advise to stay in this hotel

The air conditioner is broken and we tell the reception to change our room and the didn't care about us and we checked out before our really checked out because we can't set in the hot room

Nothing is good and i don't advise to stay in this hotel

Good location but poor hotel
    • Standard Triple Room

Rooms are old, toilets not that clean and in good shape. Wifi did not work, there was no aircondition and it was too hot outside; although there is a great picture of the pool, it was in a disastrous condition. Breakfast not so good. Staff did not like criticism and was rude whenever we would complain about something (not helpful at all)

The location of the hotel is the only place worth of staying at this hotel.

Hotel is located in a pleasant 'village'...
    • Standard Single Room

While hotel location is good for business areas it is a long way from the main tourist sights. Hotel is used for wedding receptions and noise was a slight problem.

Hotel is located in a pleasant 'village' neighbourhood close to the Bosphorus and has great views of the Bosphorus from its roof terrace. Hotel is a very comfortable business hotel with helpful staff.

Cigarette smelling hotel not even 1 star

The hotel is outdated. No one told me it was a smoking hotel. It smelled so bad. I had a head ache for 2 days. They also over charged me. Whe I was making the reservation it was a different price and when I got there they charged my card 34$ more. It was so dirty beds were child size and so loud over all smelled like an ash trade and a sweat pit. This is the second time I'm booking through Bookimg.com and I'm so disappointed I will never do it again.

I liked the area around the hotel. There was a lot of little shops. And interesting thing to see.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Location was Okay for our purposes.

My reservation was for two rooms. One with a double bed/2 persons which was provided and one with double bed and a single bed/3 persons which they tried to change with a room with 3 beds. We received the requested room only after many discussions but we later find out that was very smelly. The sheets and the room were impregnated with cigarette/cigar smell which we haven't noticed in the first day because the windows were open and they used some strong perfume. Toilet flushing not working properly for the first room. I can't believe the house keeping haven't noticed that so they can fix it before accommodating us/their guests in that room. Both rooms look like were not renovated for many years and you can hear any noise from outside (windows are of bad quality). Actually, the hotel looks Okay from outside but inside is old and not appealing. They offered me a discount last time I was there (for my last reservation) without me asking for it, because I did an early check-out. I asked for it this time just to see how serious they are and it was actually no discount. Basically, they lied to me. Personnel is speaking English only when is in their interest. I booked this hotel 3 times hoping that they'll change at least some things and because of the location. Next time I will surely look for a different hotel.

Location was Okay for our purposes. One room had a nice view to the Bosphorus bridge (but that's just pure luck).

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Location was Okay.

The room had some broken things as seen in my photos. The door was looking as it was forced by someone (scarry) from outside. While the room had an warming system, it couldn't be used to achieve a given temperature (e.g. 21, 22 degrees Celsius). You had to choose between cold or hot which meant a bad sleeping experience.

Location was Okay.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Am staff trained by Basil Fawlty, pm ok

The morning staff were massively unhelpful and walked away from a problem saying it was not his problem even though 3 days before he was only to keen to help his assistant was embarrassed and wanted to help

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Very bad experience

Very old, unfunctional furniture, dripping air conditioner, very unclean, all is very bad. This is the worst hotel I stayed in my life. I dont know how they are able to keep their stars.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

I will not repeat visit to this hotel
    • Standard Single Room

موظفة الرسبشن سيئة بالتعامل ،الغرفة المختارة بالبوكنق غير الواقع حيث أن بالصورة أفضل ،الشباك عطلان لم يغلق جيداً صوت السيارات وإزعاج الشارع لم يجعلني أنام طالبت بتغيير الغرفة قالوا جميع الغرفة لم يتم تنظيفها ،فتح الباب من قبل عمال النظافة من دون إستئذان،لم أسكن مرة أخرى به ولاأنصح به .. Employee Alersbhn bad deal, the room selected Balboknq is actually where the image better, curling Attlan did not close well voice cars and inconvenience the street did not make me sleep demanded to change the room they said all the room has not been cleaned, the door opened by the cleaners without permission, did not dwell times other Tags and Aonsah it ..

الموقع فقط.. The location is just

Perfect location &helpful staff
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel needs to be renewed

Perfect location &helpful staff

dispointed

the room

it wasn't as i expected at all, the room was so small so old it wasn't comfortable

Facilities! Cleanliness, staff

The location is the best

The location is the best

It’s terrible I had never seen a 5 stars hotel like that...

It’s terrible I had never seen a 5 stars hotel like that even guesthouses much better, I travel over the world but really disappointing

Staying in the centre of live city
    • Standard Single Room

Was clean, they provided the room I requested and staff were very kind. When you step out the hotel you are in the heart of the Istanbul

The lane
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

It was very dirty the rooms and the doors handle was bad and the space of the rooms very bad and also designed bad ....

The lane

It was nice and relaxing

Cleanless

Excellent value for the money

Furniture outdated

The location and the breakfast bar

Perfect
    • Standard Triple Room

It was an amazing hotel! Friendly staff and the location was perfect!

Location was very great , room was good ,staff were helpful

The furniture wasn’t very clean

Location was very great , room was good ,staff were helpful

Localisation

Old hôtel.old furniture.not a 5 stars maybe 2 stars

Localisation

Not worth the 5 stars
    • Standard Triple Room

Stinky toilet, discotec noise, a lot of traffic in front of entrance

View of the bridge from the window

Perfect location

Dirty bathroom

Perfect location

I have not ever been in worst than this hotel :(

Choose somewhere else
    • Standard Single Room

Old,very low quality,non helpfull staff, expensive for what they offer

Service, roomservice, staff care,

Awesome 😎
    • Standard Single Room

Worn our furniture Not a five star hotel

Very very bad experience in this hotel

almost every thing

Very very bad experience in this hotel

very noisy

Excellent location

Rooms need renovation, very outdated.

Excellent location

Excellent weather and food 👌👌👌 becarful wn u making shopping . if things told TL 100, ask for TL40 😂

Marina Resturant area 👌👌👌 shopping is good but all want to cheat u 😏😏

Very pad hotil

Hotel

Very good location near to Ortakpy, Besktaś and other...

Clean

Very good location near to Ortakpy, Besktaś and other stations

Poor and old facilities. The room was in a poor state of repair, hot water often off, bath black.

This is an old and dirty hotel.

The location is good for restaurants and bars.

Ortakoy's Finest Stay

Everything was amazing

It was an amazing experience Iv been there 3 years in a row and still will continue

No Terrace

No Terrace No fitness No Spa

Weddings two days out of three below my window.
    • Standard Single Room

Weddings two days out of three below my window.

Perfectly located in Ortakoy providing an ideal base to...
    • Standard Triple Room

Perfectly located in Ortakoy providing an ideal base to explore all the Istanbul has to offer. Small, clean rooms perfect for he average traveller.

Old

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great location, great rooms, great staff!

Great location, great rooms, great staff!

staff friendly very clean perfect location

staff friendly very clean perfect location

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Brilliant service

The staff not only was brilliant, but they had the friendly personal touch to their excellent service.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Location.. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Excellent Hotel
    • Standard Triple Room

Near to an excellent and active life

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Location and approach of staff of the hotel.

Facilities and internet access.

Location and approach of staff of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

The bed was comfortable and big.

The bed was comfortable and big. I recommend it for anyone who is looking for quiet stay. I stayed around 8 days and I really like this place :)

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

the renovated room at 5th floor has a great view.
    • Standard Single Room

the renovated room at 5th floor has a great view.

• Two Connecting Double Rooms

Old building. Furniture and bathroom needs renewal.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The view was great

Slow service restaurant/room

The view was great

very bad

everything

very bad no air condition window open no can close the door of room shouting with it to open bad bad bad

Browse Ortakoy Princess Hotel traveller photo gallery