Reviews of Hotel Oscar

Ataturk Cad. 1302 Sok. No:12, 07100 Antalya, Turkey

#74 of 167 hotels in Antalya

• Standard Single Room

It's very inexpensive - so do not expect too much. My standard room was very basic and did not really look like the ones on the images. The wifi is rather unstable - esp. in the room. The reception/bar is quiet overstaffed, so they seem rather bored esp. during evenings. Sometimes they hang out infront of the reception and talk until late which you can hear in the rooms of the adjacent building where I was. Breakfast is good - coffee is just Nescafe. If you wanna have good Turkish coffee, I suggest 1983 Beyoglu Cafe. All in all the hotel is ok and you get what you pay.

Good location between the old and new part of town. Excellent price for value. Nice driver who picked me up from the airport.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There were problems with plumbing. Toilet bowl was leaking water. Because of that, we demanded to change our room, but the new room had problems with plumbing as well. The guy at reception refused to provide any compensation for that.

There was a swimming pool which I liked very much, mulberry trees to steal berries from. It is possible to rent a bicycle or electric scooter, but I did not try. Location is great - right in the center, but on the quiet street.

• Standard Single Room

Facility is little dated! A kettle in the room would be really great !

They updated my room . Reception guys are really professional and friendly! Also their cleaning staff here I wanna day that they really really did excellent job, even hotel facilities are little old , but really clean room by those good workers! They offer the dinner and breakfast at such reasonable price u wouldn’t find the second one in Antalya! Also it’s quiet , if u wanna a better sleep , here is ur wise Choice! 5minutes u reach old town, but so much better live than old town ( too many bars make so noisy )! They got two cute dogs !!

• Superior Single Room

In the bathroom, I had to wait few minutes for the hot water, when I wanted to take a shower.

The breakfast was good, we also could get hot tea or hot chocholate or other drinks for the breakfast (it was included in the breakfast price). The dogs were nice :), the accomodation is silent, and it is close to the centre. There is also a swimming pool in the yard. The staff was nice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bed was not comfortable and food provided very basic. Took the deluxe suite it was just an ordinary room nothing deluxe dissapointed really . No facilities in room for a coffee or tea and no drinking water. Nothing in fridge. If i saw the room before i would of not pay the 8 days. I had to check out early pay extra for a flight.

In a good location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff were friendly and really helpful. Food was for me a vegetarian again basic but very enjoyable. Location was perfect for the old town and beaches an inexpensive bus or tram ride away. Hotel was a great place to chill out and enjoy the owners very playful dogs. We will definitely return

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The food is not diverse at all with only couple of cooked main course a night. It is not worth the money (and expensive comparing to local food) to have half board giving consideration there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

The setting is just lovely.

• Standard Single Room

It's a great boutique hotel in the center of the city, walking distance of the historic old city, the harbor and local shops and restaurants. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The rooms are clean, not fancy, but very comfortable. They have breakfast and dinner buffets if you want to dine onsite, even choices for the vegetarians and vegans. They have a bar, a pool and indoor and outdoor seating. They also have two cute dogs. The price was amazing.

In Antalya we had a competition in swimming. Oscar hotel was best choice for us. Employees of Oscar was absolutely perfect and helpful. We had realy special claims and they did their best to help us.

• Standard Single Room

The hotel location is great, tram and bus stops are just arround, the Kaleci ( old city) is so near, quiet and calm A very beautiful pool and garden, the food is good , staffs are very friendly. Rooms are good, i just had a kind of weird room for thr first day, i was taken outside the hotel just infront of , the room was not that great, i had a talk with thr staff and the day after they changed my room to a good one with a stunning view on the pool and garden, room was clean, the bed very comfy, but i was not having a fridge in my room which was not a big deal for me. I just loved my stay and definitely coming back !

• Standard Single Room

They should improve variety and quality of food

Location is excellent, friendly staff It is in the middle of Antalya and very close to kaleici (the old city) Tram is very close and the metro

• Superior Triple Room

The food qaulity wasn't good enough... no varieties of food types

Cosy place and Friendly staff. Location is excellent in the middle of the city very close to clock tower, Caleici (Old Town) and the Souq for shopping. The room is excellent in term of size

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I prefered to have a room with a balcony but everything was ok. The room costs 188 euros for one week which is excellent!!

I like this hotel. It is in the street. Everything is easy to do : transportations, markets, shopping... I enjoyed my breakfast and my dinner... it was turkish food.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They seem to have a habit to change the room you are staying. I booked a certain room the day before, when I arrived they said they didn't have that type of room and the next day they put me at another. I heard they changed other people's room too.. pretty inconvenient.. I wouldn't suggest diner either.

Very good location. Near kaleici but quiet. Nice room and pool. Nice breakfast. I would visit again.

• Superior Single Room

wifi doesnt work properly. losting connection in every 2 minutes. I booked double superium room, but 1st night i stayed in family room, then moved to other twin room withount fridge.

The hotel is located in the city center (Kaleici). But, it takes 10-15 minutes to the closest tram station (Ismet Pasha) by foot. staff are usually friendly, trying to help you. breakfast and dinner was medium. but it was nice to have it around small swimming pool and orange trees.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very nice personnel, good service. Spacious, quiet and clean room. Delicious breakfast and dinner. Good location in the heart of the city and just across Ataturk caddesi to the beautiful Kaleici - old town. Easy to get to the fabolous Konyaalti beach by tram - only 15 min. This was my third visit at Oscar Hotel.

• Deluxe Single Room

When I arrived at Hotel Oscar, I felt like I joined a family, welcoming me with open arms and making me feel comfortable and relaxed in their space. All elements are curated to make guests feel like this. The wooden decking and balconies looking over the centre pool and restaurant connect all guests, no matter where they are from or what language they speak. The delicious food at the restaurant made me a little sceptical about eating from anywhere else! And when one walks out into the Old Town surrounding the hotel, one finds endless diversity, serenity and beauty. It really is a paradise and I couldn't recommend Hotel Oscar enough. I will be back!

• Superior Triple Room

I love this place very much,The hotel is in the city center The staff are very helpful and smiling. Especially thanks to the front desk department.

• Superior Single Room

Staff made inappropriate advances, such as taking my number from the booking website and messaging me about my day without asking me. Staff laughed when i told them an old man was following me to the hotel and told me it was normal if they see a pretty girl they follow. Staff not there on arrival to greet and check me in - waited 15 mins. Staff don't care, When I called to asked how to get there, he did not want to explain the ways to use public transport, just told me to catch a cab. Which was the answer for most things, laziness! Also made, standard touristic suggestions for things to do, affiliated with some hammams, restaurants and other excursions so can really tell they try to push these sales on you when you ask for suggestions, no authenticity. Other guests who stay are not friendly either, so didn't feel like using communal area. Bed was of memory foam so if you like hard beds like i do, it's not so great. Internet is also slow. Expected more. At least smile?

Room was clean, good location for shopping and visiting the old town.

In the bathroom there was no fence, because on the bathroom floor there was always water. The refrigerator is very small and does not cool anything down to the desired temperature, even at the maximum. The prices in the restaurant seems are in 1.5 times more than the average in the city; the waitress has forbidden to drink our own wine in the courtyard of the restaurant (local wine cost from 18 zł per 100 grams = cost of bottle 0.75 of the same quality wine in the market), despite the fact that we are guests of the hotel.

Very good clean hotel close to central square. Beautiful bed, bathroom. Market "Zabka" in front of the hotel together with small river.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

At the arrival the administrator wanted to take from us more money for living 8 people than was in our booking. At first I thought it was a mistake, but this is the standard behavior for the Turkish service. The hotel is very small and very poor rooms. In my room the whole space was occupied by the bed, and the window was taller than the man's height. The shower was right in the toilet-room, at a distance of 30 cm from the toilet, it's incredible (please look at the pictures attached)! In the room worked only one outlet, and to use it had to turn off the TV. There was dusty on and iside shelves. In addition, in the rooms there was an unpleasant smell and almost no noise insulation.

Excellent location 5 minutes walk from the center. The hotel has several of its private small parkingss, so there was no especially problems with the car. The hotel has very beautiful its own patio. The hotel serves good dinners.

• Superior Triple Room

diner time was 6.30 to 8.30 .

Mr. Ondar in reception was the most helpful receptionist in my 40 years travel in more 40 countries i have visited . also thank Mr. Ertan .

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

had five days living there Negatives are eating breakfast and supper included When I look booking.com image is finer than really! Also, others say good food but really is not perhaps the best summer than winter time evening when food not inkustiv drink. If want to drink then pay. Breakfast is just tea, coffee, water. Not juice

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Triple Room

Nothing! There was nothing to dislike.

Loved everything but if I were to choose the best of the best, I'd say the staff and their hospitality. Turkey has amazing people but the staff at Oscar was more than amazing. They go out of their way to help and guide - trustworthy, polite and so helpful. The beds!!! Never experienced a bed more comfortable! Everyone said it, from my parents to even our 9 year old daughter! Oscar, we need to know which mattresses you use! The location is superb. Right opposite the old city walls but nearby a shopping parade where you can find EVERYTHING. Even the local supermarket 'Kipa' is nearby. I'd prefer staying here than Kaleici (old city) We stayed in December and encountered the worst possible weather. Rain and blizzards, more than there usually is. The rooms were a warm welcome from a cold outside, and so was the gorgeous breakfast area. Thanks to all the staff at Oscar Hotel. Everyone of them - at the reception, and the dining area and also the cleaning lady. Tasakkur! We'll come back again, God willing, and stay here again.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The garden full of orange trees, nice pool, good breakfast and dinner. VERY great location. Easy access to good food and night life in old town.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Like other hotels in turkey, there is no tissue in the room.

I like the location far beyond everything. The garden is very beautiful with orange trees and the pool. Staff are friendly and welcoming. They offered me a free upgrade for free which I appreciate it very much. I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I'd be nitpicking if I found fault

the hotel is ideally situated in a quiet side street,a minutes walk from one of the cities main streets,the old quarter and transport links.the breakfast was good and the staff friendly,plus an airport taxi service.allround good value!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Standard Triple Room

It seems to be a heritage building, no elevator. We were signed second floor room. Though it is comfortable but with big luggage we gotta climb stairs. I was with my parents (60 years old) and definitely they won't bring large suitcase upstairs with no elevator. My other concern was that when we were checked out, we had "pending" payment of mineral water for 6 TL during dinner the night before. We DID NOT consume that water. We DID settle all beverage payment during the dinner the night before check out. We didn't wanna debate as we had to catch flight. It's only 6 TL but not nice!

Location was great, right next to Old Town, easy walking distance to anywhere. Staff were helpful, especially Onter the receptionist guy and our driver Rahmi. Breakfast and dinner were great. Room was very comfortable. You can request airport transfer for 50 TL.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Booked a superior room which was supposed to be 30m but instead given a smaller one (perhaps the standard room). The room also does not have a terrace as the description suggests. So there were such kind of tricks and manipulations which was bothering...

It is a nice environment in the hotel and it is very close to the old city. Food was fine and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice and clean small hotel. The food is good and fresh. The staff very friendly! The location also just steps from old town and shopping street. Pool clean and they manage to always find pool chairs for all guests!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Food is included, but it wasn't particularly nice for Turkish food. First room they put me in had a dingy windowless bathroom. Second room was better and had wifi connectivity, unlike the first. Furnishings are old. I would pay more for better, was glad it was just one night.

They moved me to a better room on my request. The trees in the garden are nice. It's close to the main strip and old town.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were fantastic and we simply wouldn't have been as happy without their help organising things. The food there was amazing and always freshly prepared and the time of dinner service was at 7pm so after the day had started to cool down, which was much needed. Our bedroom was beautiful and the air conditioning system in the room was great after being in the heat! We were there for two weeks and neither of us wanted to leave, it's like a small piece of paradise.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the other staff. Less loud music around the pool especially after 11pm. No liquids at all are included in the prices. No air conditioning if you are out of the room.

One of the young guys working on reception is excellent. Very helpful. The pool, gardens and range of food included was great.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit too cold water in the pool. Anyhow, it works on hot days :)

Nice crew. Location close to main city attractions. Relatively good dinners. Relaxing atmosphere. And Pasha - the local dog - provided additional fun :)

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- Sometimes the music was too loud at the pool - The pool is relatively cold

- Excellent location, old town within walking distance - Friendly staff - Nice pool - Delicious dinner and breakfast buffet - Nice courtyard with orange and lemon trees - Good value for money

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed given very Hard, orthopaedic type. Price for Half board - is little high side of the price, food is a debatable subject to whether is Turkish or Turkish with Balkan influence, breakfast- olives, cold meet /cheese slices and lots & lots of various leafs (you make your oun salad combination) boiled egg, also once a week I saw fried egg with potatoes another day fried egg with sausage slice,most of the time trays are empty people take then more than they can consume and threw them later. no juice served, you have to purchase ( glass of fresh orange juice cost (€1.5/TL 5.00) coffee machine with economy coffee are free during breakfast , Turkish tea's and water are free with breakfast until 10:00am. Cornflakes/chocolate buttons are available with Turkish made jams, fruit puree, melted butter, honey are available with Turkish made non square bread. No free drinking water are available after 10:00 am, you need to purchase it rest of the day. Dinner: most time we were their meat are high in salty unable to eat, each day one type of soup which not that good for my opinion, lots of leafy salad and yogurt dips, mix stew or Curry type dish couple of days you will get rice other days bulgur wheat rice, few days you will get barbecue (chicken & Mince meat) no water, drinks, including tea & coffee ARE NOT FREE, NEED PURCHASE (Fanta/Coke 400ml) small bottle TL4.00, Water cost 1.5 lit. TL3.5. And one pudding or one Turkish sweet, cut pieces of water Mellon, whole orange & green apple available. I saw the waste of food by the customer are very high, because they took the food to eat but unable to consume due to taste & salty. Baby's & young kids use the big & small pool without any plastic pampers leak proof shorts and I saw one child had and accidents no one take any notices.

Very nice boutique type hotel, with orange tree, food served in the open area, extremely hot at times, quiet rooms, Excellent Staff, with high attention, used hotel own car service which is very good rates and attentive driver. room size not bad, cleaned and towel changes daily, I classified this hotel rooms as clean rooms subject to Hotel conditions area and country. This hotel near popular lively area, about 4 staff able to speak English, this hotel main customers are Eastern European (Balkan state) , Russia and Arabic descendants, room only might be worth for westerners, it's in the middle of two well known beaches, Flat screen TVs in the room given with BBC World, France 24, NHK, Al Jazeera are the only English Channel. Good shower with hot & Cold water, efficient Aircondition. Good room service. Food ordered individual are tasty ( not buffet) I will stay again because of the staff & Location only.

• Superior Single Room

Good location, friendly staff, nice room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Perfect staff, fantastic place, nice dogs, everything ok.

• Standard Single Room

No WiFi in room. No fridge. My room no balcony.

Pool area good. Great location. Staff lovely. Easy to get around Antalya.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed unbelievably uncomfortable and the park is not goof

The location was good and hotel area was nic

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was awful, no fruit, really low quality cheese and ham, bad coffe, no juice, no yogurt,...

• Standard Single Room

no warm water for a few days. Daily... almost the same food.

• Deluxe Single Room

Pleasant stay at Oscar Hotel 非常愉快

• Standard Single Room

Very laid back and peaceful location, yet only a minute away from the old town and shops.

Staff attitude and cooperation

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice room and excellent variety of food for breakfast.

Excellent location with very cooperative staff, really my family enjoyed our stay .

• Standard Single Room

Comfortable nice and clean place.

We liked everything

Great location, helpful staff and cosy garden with the swimming pool! Perfect!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Bad wifi

Positive:Location is good/hotel is nice with orange trees/swimming available Negative:bad wifi

Perfect hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Internet worked ok but was a bit slow

Nice little garden & pool, excellent location, friendly & helpful staff, clean room

Perfect hotel

the value for money was really good, most important thing was the helpful staff and the great location

Good staff , nice place

slow Internet speed.

perfect ! Great Location, beutiful restaurant with the pool.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent staff. Nice, big room. Good food. Short way to downtown. Good value for money.

• Superior Triple Room

Bad food, no good service.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

all was ok

the near to to old town .. the quite.. the pool in the hotel . the kindnes from the hotelpersonal

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent Hotel, very nice staff, and the manager excellent as well, the Hotel is very close to the old city, is perfect

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The food was not to my taste. Seems like missing freshness.

Patio was was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is Amazing. Really good service and helpful staff specially Mr: Baki. Breakfast and dinner were good including in The price.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Somtimes slow WiFi

All

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's clean and quiet. Just few steps from the old town and shopping street!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some accessories in room like safety box, slippers, ...

Warm personnel, great location, beautiful yard

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing, everything was exceptional :)

Great location Good value for money Very helpful, friendly staff Highly recommend this hotel :)

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good hotel,good placed,near the see,shops ,restaurants,everything..

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Perfect location Clean Very respectful and helpful personal(Thank you Önder) Considering the price we paid for the half pension, this hotel 100% worth the money.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

The service for Latvian tourists was awful. Sewage system was not working. Water in shower was either very hot or ice cold, without possibility to regulate the warmth... Wi-Fi was not available. The room had a broken window. 5 cm cockroaches...The barman was rude.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

None it was great!

We stayed at Oscars for two weeks from 11th Sept to 24th Sept and I have to say the hotel was a mini oasis within the city of Antalya...orange and lemon trees scattered within the courtyard of the hotel where we would have breakfast and dinner. The staff were friendly and very attentive, the hotel manager Ismail was on hand virtually everyday and catered to everyones needs and wants, he really went out of his way to make sure hotel customers were happy during their stay. The food both at breakfast and dinner was plentiful with a choice of options from the buffet bar. The whole experience was fab and I would recommend anyone who goes to Antalya/Kaleici to stay at this relaxing, friendly scenic and incredible value for money boutique hotel which is not only close to the all the sites but is really a home of home where you get to know other travellers thereby having a great time during your stay. Hence a BIG thank you to all the staff who looked after us during our stay (mum had the best time and was treated like a queen) special thanks go to Ismail, who was the best hotel manager one would want but also someone that who could be your friend...thanks everyone at Oscars for a such a fab holiday.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Fantastic location, very clean hotel, lovely room with balcony deluxe superior room 804. Half board delicious food good variety. Top service from the front desk and all operations were drilled from the leader due to good teamwork. I can not wait and come back. Thanks to you all.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

Amazing prices and location. We checked out at 12 but flight wasn't till 10pm that evening, however staff still provided us with a room layer that evening to freshen up and shower! Excellent service.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

The staff and manager were friendly creating a good atmosphere. The space in the courtyard is generous making a green oasis when it was very hot. It is a well placed location.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

Problems with wifi, multiple power cuts, had to let water run for 10 minutes to get hot water while showering. Plus homeless (hotel?) cats walking freely on dinner tables :)

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.