Reviews of Pera Tulip Hotel 4 stars

Mesrutiyet Cad. No.103 Tepebaşı Beyoglu, Beyoglu, 34421 Istanbul, Turkey

#926 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

Little things which did not work: needed someone to fix the tv working, balcony needs also some cleaning, jacuzzi did not work, minibar door was almost loose and if you wanted more coffee/paper cups (!!) you have to pay for them. No hotel information in the room!

The location is good

• Superior Triple Room

The bathroom door is seeing through, The room cleaning wasn't good enough, everything i needed i had to ask for it twice. There was no hair dryer , the dafe didn't work.(they took care of it after asking them twice)

Tge location is closed to Metro station , istiklal st and about 10 min walk of taksim square

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

The AC is not working, rooms not clean, staff are really rude & the service is really bad... briefly this is not a hotel and I won’t recommend it to anyone..

1- very slow internet . 2- there are a noisy bar near my room . 3- The laundry services are overpriced. 4- the breakfast buffet is limited and low in quality . 5-the road leading to istiklal street is an uphill road which means it's a big issue for the elderly. 6- the fridge wasn't even as cold as the weather which means any food you put there will go bad quick.

1- Close to istiklal street . 2- Near a scenery street. 3- Near a very small grocery store.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Room: The room has a thermostat that allows you to have the room hot or melting! we called maintenance and he mentioned they had no "cold air" system, opening the window helped a little but it was not nice at all due to the noise from other rooms and the smoke from the ci Internet: The wi-fi system was not fully working during the first day. Next day the wi-fi was supposed to be fully working but it was extremely slow. Breakfast: Around 10 different types of cheese,3 types of bread, olives, sausages in tomato sauce, scrambled eggs and French toasts. Suggestion, go latest by 9:00, it is offered from 7:00-10:30 but, we went at 10:00 and there was almost nothing left, next days we went at 9:00 and it was OK. Towels: They claim to help the environment by not taking away the towels unless you ask for it, we hang them (requested by them so that they knew we would like to re-use them) but they always took them and placed new. Maybe you find this good, but I would rather prefer the hotel not giving you the option if they are not complying with it.

The location of the hotel is really good. 3 minutes away from Galata Tower and many nice restaurants, bars and stores.

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

I booked the excutive suite with a hot tub.. tge jacuzzi bath was of low quality with little pressure...

The place was reasonable but over priced.. The location was ok... the spa and swimming pool was small but again was ok

Staff very helpful and friendly. Very close to metro and the main street. Plenty of options for restaurants around the hotel. The breakfast was good with a range of options. The restaurant in the hotel was good and reasonably priced.

The hotel was overbooked and there was no room available on arrival at 2am after a long flight from New York. The staff were rude and impolite. We waited over an hour to be sent to another hotel. The hotel said it was my credit card not working but backtracked and said they had overbooked the rooms. They offered no compensation other than the second night to return there. The so called upgrade room smelt of smoke and had damp. I have recommended this hotel previously to friends as I stayed there a few years ago. It is now a tired hotel with rude staff. It ruined my two day vacation in Istanbul and I would never recommend staying here.

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

During relaxing time in turkish bathroom ( during visit hours ) one asiatic girl which work there Tell us To leave the bathrooom Because She have to make one massage ( the massages are made in special rooms ).

The hotel is very beautiful and very clean . The landscape was amazing. The personal is very profesional, especially Dogan , Who is very friendly professional guy and he help us with All Informations which We need.

• Superior Triple Room

Rooms had very dim lights! Triple rooms were small for 3 persons! WiFi was limited to the Lobby!

The location was great. Breakfast was good. Staff were helpful.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

here was always dirty dishes on the floor near the elevator on the 6th floor and nobody was supposed to clean it up(?). The air condition was not working on the first night and I had to ask from the front desk 4 times so finally on the second night somebody came up and fixed it. The breakfast was not so great (but good for a 4 star hotel) and sometimes there was empty dishes (even bread and egg !!)

In the check-in process they said (!) they've upgraded our room. The room was in 6th floor which there was only one elevator to that floor. The bath tube was great in the room. The staff were kind and lovely

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Not a 4 star hotel. Dirty and old wooden floor. Facilities are not as great as advertised. Small bathroom. Noise from maintenance work in the morning

Near to Taksim square. Nice staff

The room conditioning was poor. room was quite cold. There was some problems that were solved by changing rooms.

The breakfast was okay. The staff were very helpful and courteous - they went out of their way to help. The location was quite good. on a quiet street but close to metro station and shopping.

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

Rooms etc were generally clean, but not spotless, and everything had a bit of a dated feel about it. But considering the price we paid, I was more than satisfied.

Great location, and very friendly and helpful staff across different shifts.

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

I would have preferred a wider breakfast variety. Traditional Turkish breakfast is not for everyone. The eggs were pretty watery and the juice is not drinkable. Also the heated pool could have been a bit warmer!!

Everything was amazing in the hotel and the surrounding area. It's close to everything, you won't need a car to go anywhere once you stay here. So many amazing restaurants nearby, shops, and great room service!! Excellent staff, very accommodating and helpful. 5 days were not enough!

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Everything was great as expected

Very good and very clean hotel.Friendly staff also Cengiz Abi made me feel like I'm at my country.I will recomend it to my friends.Turkish hamam with with professional Thai Hamam girls was a great experience.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Firstly, the wifi was not working properly at all. My room was on the 6th floor and during my stay, I did not manage to make it work. Even though I mentioned it to the reception they did not care that much. As a result, in order to have the wifi, I had to walk down to the 5th and stay on the stairs or go to the reception. Secondly, I found the breakfast really poor. Prior to this, I visited Cappadocia and the hotel there was fabulous.

The hotel is situated in the heart of Istanbul. Next to the hotel are a few coffee shops and walking a little further you will find the main street with a lot of stores and small shops, where you can buy a lot of souvenirs.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

As we had an economy room, our room was near the road so in the morning so much noise which is not so good to have some rest. We did not appreciate the unprofessional behaviour of the staff during breakfast, who is not so kind. If you ask for more coffee or milk as it is finished they tell you that is over. Another point to get better is the manager staff needs to inform his clients if it could be some water problems as we had us. We had to waste our all day for a problem as we did not have water for half a day. Last but not least, it is sad to not have a bigger gym, too small.

We are in love with the location! The plus of the hotel is that it is just near the metro Sheshane and the main road for Taksim place. We have loved the swimming pool and Jacuzzi.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs a restoration. Wallpaper and carpets are not good anymore, and it can get a bit loud in the evening but it is cause of the location. Price-performance ratio is very good.

The location is very good, stuff is very friendly and nice the concierge helped us with everything. The spa (the part you can use for free) is good, small but good. The breakfast is very good. Price-performance ratio is very good. The

Swimming pool,Sauna,Turkish hammam really really dirty and in bad condition.Looks like from dark ages. Please don’t go to spa!!!!

Everything good but except spa.

• Superior Triple Room

The breakfast was poor and the staff from breakfast not nice or helpful. The Internet was not working most of the time and carpet in the room was dirty. The shower was not working properly.

The location of the hotel is really good- quite close to the city centre.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Heating was too high, room was extremely hot Lighting was extremely dim, even hallway was barely lighted.

Location and neighborhood were good Staff were friendly.

All of the the personnel was very polite. They gave as a quiet room with a balcony and great view of Istanbul. The hotel was very near in the bars, restaraunts, public transports and shops. The value for money was excellant. Moreover the prices for room services goods was very good and the food was very good.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Internet very limited keeps inturmpting and the hotel ac not working and dirty and staff where very rude and not talk english

Very bad staff poor internet and the whole hotel needs a big refurbusment .

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was dirty. The bathroom basin had leakage and we couldn’t use the tap to wash hands or brush teeth. The bathroom was super stinky and during our stay which was one week period we bought 3 air freshners The beds were so dirty the matrix cover had blood marks and hair. The carpets were so dirty and stinky as if like someone had thrown up on them. The fridge wasn’t working. The bar which was just one floor down was super noisy and the load music lasted till 4 am every night. The lighting was also very dark and I couldn’t see the mirror to check clothing or makeup. The hair dryer was broken. The receptionist where so rude and when we spoke in English the totally ignored us.And many more!

Nothing I can think of.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

More like 3 star than 4. We could hear the next door and too much noise from the street. The discounted price was not a bargain.

Breakfast was clean and good. Staff polite and well mannered . Good location .

Air conditioning—way too sluggish Breakfast aera — crammed, stuffy, generally uncomfortable. Lousy coffee Lifts — slow and awkward Bath — cirque du Soleil act to get in and out

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The room they gave us the 1st night was terrible. Toilet and shower smelled awful. TV didn't work. Room was old and furniture was in poor state.

The breakfast was always nice and fresh

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The rooms where no where near as close as the pictures were, as well as our booking was incorrect when we had asked for 2 separate beds. Then the room itself was not basically equipped, so no drinking water, no tissue paper etc.

The staff were fantastic and extra helpful even when they were full and overwhelmed.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude, the door card never opened we had to exchange it every-time, they took the money from card in the middle of the stay without telling us although we agreed to pay on checkout the rest of the amount.

Nothing, this hotel is the worst experience in all my traveling experiences.

• Superior Triple Room

Have booked TRIPLE ROOM, we were provided suite. SOFA was given as a THIRD BED. ROOMS were tiny and darken. Windows of the neighboring rooms were facing each other and were very close. If curtains were opened for some more light you could see the neighbors and vice versa. AIR CONDITIONING broke down and we called service, had to wait few hours, finally technician arrived and fixed only 1 room of the suite. Promised to fix another next day but never returned. Terrible smell was coming from the BATHROOM. After the shower the whole bathroom was getting wet, despite shower cabin door was closed. It was not possible to lock the bathroom door. We've asked fixing the SAFE upon check in and nobody arrived. BREAKFAST was included into the room rate, however, it was terrible. Whatever food was provided, it was never enough because of amount of the guests. Had to wait another 15 minutes to refill the dishes. Sometimes PLATES were NOT WASHED WELL and WATER JARS found DIRTY. SWIMMING POOL and Sauna was included in the room rate. We have gone to see 3 times. Each time the POOL was DIRTY and impossible to swim.

Only thing we liked was the location of the hotel

• Superior Triple Room

Very very rude staff, they used F word & asked me to leave because I was not happy for not providing me what I booked for, from day one, the lift stopped and got stuck, internet down & we had one bed less, we ended up sharing a bed during our 5 night stay , I asked them to provide me the bed every day, but no one cared, I was overcharged as well and asked to speak to the manager, but not sure who he was his name was Yanis, he spoke so rude that i was angry and asked him to stop it, then told him my unhappiness about their service,he then used f*** word, and asked us to leave the hotel and he threatened to call the police, luckily it was our last day, unbelievable never seen this, they treated us like criminals, we are a decent family with kids, im buffled how they employ untrained staff at the counter, and they pride themselves to be 4 stars hotel, no where near, it's like a prison guard attitude

Clean

• Economy Double or Twin Room

1. in my reservation i asked him to arrange a taxi from the airport, but no body returned to me. 2. I asked him to wake me up early but they did not wake me up. 3. The elevator got stuck. 4. Every day was same breakfast . 5. I went to the pool and there was a nervous guy who started talking in Turkish and did not want me swim . After the argument I entered without asking him. 6. I paid them for transportation to the airport, a taxi did not arrive on time, I asked them to return .the money but did not agree, we not arrived airport in time. We had to wait 3 hours for the next flight. 7. I would not recommend this hotel.

Close to Taksim Square

• Economy Double or Twin Room

lighting and equipments in the room and in the passage between the rooms dark also the path room not as expected .

staff of the are not cooperating with the guests whenever we ask them their reply is no or i do not know only one staff (lady) in the reception were helpfully and cooperating with the guests perfect

• Economy Double or Twin Room

They lost our booking.com reservation and it took then ages to resolve. There seemed to be a lot of confusion for a simple issue. We were also charged twice for our stay and this needs to be refunded still. We still have not recieved communciation from the hotel about this.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Perfect location in the middle of Istanbul. The reception is very friendly and hospitable. They always tried their best to help us and make us feel like home. We would definitely recommend Tulip hotel and would be happy if we come back again

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The strong sewage smell that dominate the room. I mentioned this on check out. The staff asked why I have not reported it as they could have changed the room. My response was that the hotel knows which rooms have smell issue but still they still choose to put me in there. If there is alternative, why wait for a complaint and not put me in a room that does not have a smell problem straight from the start.

Convenience, close to eateries and shops. That my room got upgraded to superior.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The staff were lovely and welcoming. Our room was very spacious, with a very comfortable bed,a spacious wardrobe and lovely bathroom. There are some lovely restaurants just a few minutes from the hotel. We have been for our business that's why accommodation was too short. Overall a great experience and we would definitely come back when we visiting Istanbul again.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Too noisy at night coming from the street .hotel is on the hill .so if you walking can be a bit tiring. Also bathrooms are very tiny.

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Great staff that know the true value of customer service special mention for reception. I extended my booking many times because the hotel looked like my home. Appreciated

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Most friendly and helpful front desk clerks ever, so lovely and great impression of hotel. Could not ve been more sweet, Giving me directions to a function I was attending along with a helpful map, ensuring in car park and facilitating an early check in. The hotel was clean with excellent service. Food was beyond good and great value for money. Room itself was comfortable. I was very pleased with my stay. Especially, Mr.Burak was so warmly manager in the hotel. I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Location was great. The room was very nice and quiet. Buurak,cingiz, aylim and i couldnt remember the other staff names were so funny and friendly. I hope to see u again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

TV channels should be improved

Very nice hotel.had a big welcome from reception. Mr.Burak and other staff were so professional. We didn't miss our home during stay in Tulip hotel.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was delicious and included in the price. The staff were fantastic and assisted us with everything we needed all the time. Hotel itself was also beautiful clean and comfortable rooms. Overall amazing hotel

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

"executive" room's small and a bit worn down, terrible air circulation, wifi signal did not make it to our room, ignorant staff.

great location, nice balcony view, tasty and diverse breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Internet connection was very poor and the room service was not cery responsive

Staff were very friendly, the massage and turkish bath were very nice and the location of the hotel is wonderful

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

The hotel would benefit of some renovation. It looks as a hotel that was great when built, but not very well kept. It's a pity, but overall nice experience

The SPA area is great, though small, and the personnel very kind. The hotel is centrally located in a touristic area, within walking distance from shops/restaurants/other local attractions. You need a taxi or can use the metro to go to the old city (worth visiting!). Breakfast is very rich.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The pillows and the room was dirty. Rooms were so close to eachother, and walls were so thin, that I could not sleep even for an hour at night, because of the laughing and speaking noise of the neighbour rooms. The AC did not work either. Very uncomfortable, won't ever go again!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Sauna wasnt working The pool we swam for one day the water was cold little bit...then it was out of a technical problems.

Great place of location Centre of the city The staff members are great Breakfast is amazing ❤ Everyday they come and check if you have enough tea and nescafe in your room reception members are amazing in one word brilliant this is our second time that we went to this hotel and it was amazing we will go there more often...😊

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect. Really! No problems at all. Will definitely stay there again.

Friendly staff. Perfect location in Taksim. Good price. V. good breakfast room and a tasty Turkish breakfast. They didn't charge me for a friend I invited to the hotel for breakfast although very willing to pay. Many thanks.

The hotel seems a little 'tired' and could benefit from a refresh. Breakfast was not so wonderful but there was plenty of it.

It's a wonderful location which is convenient for sights and public transport and bars and restaurants

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

The internet is slow

Location is PERFECT. This is my third time booking in this hotel. Wonderful staff especially Murat he is so friendly and supportive.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Superior Triple Room

Customer service , room was too small above all the hotel doesnt look like 4 star at all. Lights inside room were good only 2 spot lights were working .

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Superior Triple Room

only thing which irritated us were that we had to swear that we didnt drink any water from the minnibar :) seemed as they didnt believe us..

nice spa, great breakfast, nice staff. room was small however for the price ok..

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Room: Towels has not been changed for two days, Empty bottle without shower gel and never been filled despite requested to reception for two times, Free consumables (cofee, tea, sugar) never been filled for two days, Cleaner opens room door asking for cleaning at 9am if not hangin "do not disturb" card, Internet not available to use on check-out date Beakfast: Breakfast room is full of stayer. Less number of tables than customer, thus, must wait for sometime to eat (maybe due to high-season, but no instruction. very chaotic..) Facility: Most of times, needs to wait for elevator for 10min.

Receptionist speaks English, Buffet with enough variety of food, Good access to Sishane and Beyoglu Tunnel station

Breakfast poor

Great position

some staff behaviorp

rooms are too small, pool is not usfull, location is good and next to metro station

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Both managers Arson hey and So can bet were very customer centric and would always be attentive thankyou

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could be better :(

The staf was perfect:)

Small room

Friendly staff

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

Rooms Wasnt Even Close to Photos and They didnt Give me the room i had reserved Bathtub was Broken And Dirty

• Economy Double or Twin Room

I am giving ten scores for the bellboy Mustafa. Thank you.

• Executive Double Room

• Superior Triple Room

Rooms had very dim lights! Room size was small for a triple room!

The location was great and breakfast was good.

• Executive Double Room with Bath and Balcony

Very bad hotel and its not cleanalso stuff very hard

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Repairs of the sauna, Jacuzzi and swimming pool

Splendid stuff support, concierge and room service

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Too noisy from the street, too noisy music in lift... i heart in my room and couldnt sleep. No good wifi conection

Clean. New

• Economy Double or Twin Room

All the facilities I needed were available and in good condition. The staff were lovely and very helpful...

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Wifi was not working in the room. First day I used smoking area to catch WiFi but other 2 days even that area did not work.

Nothing negative so far.

Great location, nice staff, comfortable stay, price was OK.

Room service

The location and breakfast

• Economy Double or Twin Room

not clear information about the safeness of the surroundings

Very comfortable place to stay! I recommend it 100%. Kind and helpful staff.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Very nice and professional staff especially the bellboy Mustafa berke.

Location and helpful staff