Reviews of Polatdemir Hotel 3 stars

Aksaray Cad. No:7 Laleli, Fatih, 34096 Istanbul, Turkey

#306 of 1,416 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

A great staff in a great place!
    • Standard Single Room

Unfortunetly, there was a horrible smell during one of the night coming from the WC of the room.. and the staff was unable to provide us another room or solve the problem, but they were very friendly trying to solve the issue. Moreover, the breakfast could use some variety to avoid repetivite items on daily basis.

It was my 3rd stay at this particular hotel, there s something about it that makes it feel like home! The beds were definitly extra-comfy and the rain shower was awesome! The location of the hotel is very good with a surrounding full of interesting places to visit!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Excellent stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Small rooms and very small bed

Good location near metro and tram station and close to sultanahmet Excellent cleaning and washrooms Very good breakfast

I had a great stay, i’ll repeat it when I have the chance
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location is nice, the receptionists were very nice and helpful specially Rasul. Breakfast is good, the rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable. Good value for money. I recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very clean compared with other hotels and the valet is very...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I have asked the receptionist (the new one) to call for a taxi and he said that if I don’t want an airport transfer from the hotel I should find a taxi by myself :(

Very clean compared with other hotels and the valet is very friendly and helpful Big like for the valet :)... he should be the receptionist

The location was very good.

The room were quite small, even the deluxe ones. Seemed bigger in picture. Luckily we had just two hand-carries, if our luggage was bigger moving around inside the room would’ve been difficult. There were no comforters, just a thin towel like quilt.

The location was very good. Tram station was 2 mins away and metro station was 5 mins away which connected to all the spots of tourist interest

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Convenient
    • Standard Single Room

Comfortable hotel with friendly reception staff in the wholesale clothing area, close to Metro and tram. 20 minutes walk to Sultanahmet, or a tram ride.

Was not happy with the hotel and there staff they need to learn how to be nice to black people
    • Deluxe Single Room

The staff, Custome service very poor, they were not helpful, no reception to welcome visitors , no toilet for a friend who wanted to use the restroom the has to go the the hotel across just to use restroom. That was just to bad and poor

Staff were not nice and not helpful too I guess because am from Africa maybe they don’t like black. Regret booking this hotel will never go back there again.

Excellent hotel and friendly atmosphere

Everything was under our expectations

Overall the property meets our expectation excellent location and the personnel of the hotel always ready and friendly to answer our questions and demands

Very nice hotel with helpful staff

The view from our room towards inner courtyard, but we asked for quiet room and it was quiet indeed.

Staff on the reception - extremely polite and helpful. Nice room with very comfortable bed and pillows. There's an electric kettle in the room to prepare instant coffe or tea.

Staff are lovely and friendly, willing to help.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Reception is very small that can’t have enough space to wait for taxi or shuttle even there is no seats to use while waiting Elevator is very slow which is used for visitors and all services for the hotel besides of slow response which let visitors to wait for long time. Breakfast is good but very limited and repetitive without any change during my stay , as other hotel might add or exchange main menu. During the day the tight and small reception is crowded with boxes and big black bags that cause inconvenience to the residents in the hotel. The view from the room I have booked is crap old and maybe not occupied buildings as I think the building map should be planned better to satisfy all residents. I have noticed that breakfast is not freshly prepared and kept for next morning breakfast such as boiled eggs which might be harm to reheat, no brown bread, no toast, no fresh juice like orange juice for breakfast, no flavoured yoghurt, water is not cold , overall very basic boring breakfast for residents staying more than 5 days.

Staff are lovely and friendly, willing to help.

Great hotel to stay for a short duration
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very small lobby only 2 coffee tables with 4 chairs if that matters to you for me it didn't we were there to travel and visit places not stay at hotel.lobby. Wrote 2 emails to hotel they didn't respond to either of them.

Great location Clean Small variety but very tasty breakfast Friendly staff

Very nice hotel..and nice place
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff was very friendly. And helpful... my checking was different...i had truble with my visa payment. But the staff decides to welcome me in on till I figure out the payment.... for that.... thank you.

The hotel is small but has all one needs.
    • Standard Single Room

The hotel is small but has all one needs. The rooms and the hotel in total are very clean. The location is in an area with lots of wholesale shops, so you should expect crowd and noise all day long in front of the hotel. The WiFi is ok in the rooms, not great but almost non existent in the breakfast room or reception.

Good hotel for a given price, nice location for shopping
    • Deluxe Double Room

limited space (small rooms), slow elevator, more food could be offered for breakfast

friendly personnel, clean room, nice bed, location is convenient - close to tramway station and shopping area

definitely a good choice
    • Standard Single Room

The breakfasts that are included could be a bit better. More natural or at least a bit more variable? I understand the hotel is cheap but nonetheless.

Easy to find. Near the old city. Clean. Very comfortable.

Very pleasant hotel with nice stuff that will help in any...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Update shower towels (not with holes in it). Better cleaning of room from dust on lamps and curtains.

Very pleasant hotel with nice stuff that will help in any situation. Breakfasts are ok, coffee is great there. Room was clean enough, maids clean our room every day. Beds are comfortable to sleep. In general hotel is great to stay in there, very comfortable location.

The location of the hotel is fine due to its proximity to...

The location of the hotel is fine due to its proximity to metro station. Also, the city center (old town) is withing the walking distance. The breakfast at the hotel was excellent and there were variety of different meals up to everyone's taste. And rooms are tidy and the beds and pillows are comfortable and satisfying for a good sleep after a long day. WiFi signal was great as well. I recommend the hotel wholeheartedly!

it was fine - clean room - nice breakfast

size of the room

Bed was comfortable but room 203 was very small. Those middle located rooms are not suitable for business people. They tend to be too small for the luggage. Overall is a nice family hotel near all shops.

no happy with the staff.

it’s my fifth time to go to this hotel, but all evening staff were unhelpful and unfriendly. this time we were also charged for water in the rooms. it wont be an option any more for our second visit.

close to the shops

Not bad
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast is so poor and importantly I expected turkish music instead western. I couldn't understand why they promote western style where turkish has rich calture and music.

Room and shower

Very good location

*Staff is very poor in communication, not friendly,no help (you will take ur stuff and bags by ur self) , and if u ask them about anything like say .... restaurant- they will reply we don't know.inspit of availability of a lot of restaurants near by. *Very small room . *Bad elevator

Very good location , near to metro station,all transportation facilities, and shoping centers. Good breakfast

It is a perfect and professional place.

The wifi is soooooo bad. It is weird. I talked with them but it was not fixed.

It is a perfect and professional place. I always book there when I get to Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

- Great value for money.
    • Standard Single Room

- The Wi-Fi coverage was poor in my room. - Corridors were a bit narrow and tight as well as elevator.

- Great value for money. - The location is quite good, a few steps from many metro stations. - The breakfast buffet was not really that big. But I really liked it.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Great location, professional staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Internet was poor specially at night , breakfast could be more variable

The staff was very professional and helpful, the manager upgrade our second stay to junior suite which was very nice , location was great

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Ready,steady,no coffee!
    • Standard Single Room

It was a cold and rainy week during my stay.There were no coffee,milk and sugar sachets in my room.When I asked for some,I was told that I must order coffee from room service.I told them that I have no intention of doing so ,I'd rather buy my own coffee and milk from a supermarket.

Staff are always courteous.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

I'd highly recommend this hotel: clean and comfy, good located, nice breakfast and so quiet at night
    • Deluxe Double Room

Polite, very nice and smiley personal, who always tried to help! We got the hotel the 1st day very early, at around 9, and they not only welcomed us and gave us our room before the official time but also invited us to enjoy the breakfast without charging anything for it! Little great details that make stayings abroad unforgettable! I'd highly recommend this hotel: clean and comfy, good located, nice breakfast and quiet at night! I would go back to this hotel if I ever come back to Istanbul (I hope I will soon...I loved the city as well!)

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Short stay in Istanbul

The lift was out of order on the morning we were leaving. Not good to walk down 4 flights of stairs with heavy luggage.

Room was very clean & comfortable. Staff polite. Breakfast excellent with plenty of choice.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Bad , Mauvais
    • Standard Single Room

Noisy, crowded, very small room, 5m2 I really don't understand how it's rated 8,6 !!! very bad room really, no air , no window

sauf l'emplacement est bien, only location near Laleli and Grand Bazar is OK

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

What a gem,what a Hotel!

Sorry I just love this hotel.I will certainly stay there in the future.

They were very helpful in getting directions from the companies that I came to see in Istanbul.They wrote very detailed directions on how to get there.I broke a glass by mistake and when I asked the guy at the reception how much to replace it,he said are you okay,did you hurt yourself?When I said I was ok,he said don't worry about the glass as long as you are ok.I'm very impressed with Polatdemir Hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

so good place

only the room is small

clean place and so quite

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Everything was great,like every time!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was great,like every time! :)

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

value of money.

excellent

value of money.location is excellent

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

• Standard Single Room

Lift not working,staff very rude,still have not received my discount,breakfast horrible

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

if staff could just be more friendly
    • Standard Single Room

breakfast - eggs only everyday. I am allergic to egg so there is no option or other choice for me

if staff could just be more friendly

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

All OK.

There is no place at the lobby to stay after the checkout.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is no place at the lobby to stay after the checkout. Very small room although we booked a superior room. Bad lighting at the lobby

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Fantastic service
    • Deluxe Double Room

Closer to everything that I wanted

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Location is perfect ,very helpful staff and I’ll return...
    • Standard Single Room

Location is perfect ,very helpful staff and I’ll return back to the same hotel in my next trip to Istanbul

always helpful,very clean rooms and good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Single Room

just the internet to be faster if possible.

always helpful,very clean rooms and good breakfast.

Cover bed not comfortable actually they are a towel s

Cover bed not comfortable actually they are a towel s

Lovely

Always,great place for guests

Good location, walking distance to old grand bazaar and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Good location, walking distance to old grand bazaar and sultanahmet square. No problems for checking in a bit earlier.

Great receptionist, comfortable rooms and very clean.

Hard to find parking near.

Great receptionist, comfortable rooms and very clean.

The service is impecable.
    • Standard Single Room

The service is impecable. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

Reception staff not willing to help with suitcases - but...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Reception staff not willing to help with suitcases - but very eager to get taxi ( to get commision)

Comfortable beds.

Slow elevator

Comfortable beds. Very clean

Food the same everyday

Breakfast was predictable and boring

Food the same everyday

Very inconvenient hotel.

No elevator.

Service is very bad.

Staff are very kind and responsive.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff are very kind and responsive.

Everything good

Everything good

Excellent service

Excellent service

Good

Close to shops

Good staff

Staff so rude!

Staff so rude! Need to change or teach how to treat with clients!!!!!!!!

Everything was great again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was great again.Thank you :)

Room was clean, breakfast was perfect and staff was amazing

Wifi wasnt strong and room was a little bit small

Room was clean, breakfast was perfect and staff was amazing

Clean. Great location. Friendly staff.

Perfect stay in Istanbul

All ok.

All ok.

location good for shopping
    • Deluxe Double Room

breakfast buffet very poor couldn't eat it

location good for shopping

Great city break.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location of the proprerty

Good

There is no variety

Plain yoghurt

Very clean and nice staff

Very clean and nice staff

All

All

Below expectation

They charged extra 15$ over a 120$ reservation cost (as per the website) as currency exchange charges on my CC! almost 12.5% hidden cost.

Wouldn't stay there again
    • Standard Single Room

Staff attitude bad and slow internet

Comfortable mattress

just please fix the speed of the wifi!

just please fix the speed of the wifi!!!!!

Locution

Smoll room and morning

Smoll room and morning

location, room
    • Deluxe Double Room

left is too slow, no lubi

location, room