Reviews of Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center 5 stars

Halaskargazi Cad No 63 Osmanbey, Sisli, Sisli, 34373 Istanbul, Turkey

#588 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

the bed was very uncomfortable the noise. it was very diffucult to fall asleep because of the noise outside of the hotel:cars and etc.

+location,friendly staff & breakfast

• Superior King Room

The staff ws excellent , too helpful n cooperative. They were very warm n friendly .. a special mention for Berrack, Mustafa and the other staff members made our stay extremely comfortable n memorable...

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

We chose the hotel because of the rooftop pool - which doesn't exist. A huge disappointment. All other facilities in the hotel are excellent, breakfast is great, staff fantastic. But why are there photos of the pool and a mention about a juice bar at the rooftop if they don't exist?

The hotel is fabulous, great rooms, comfortable beds, lovely breakfast and amazing staff, they just couldn't do more for you.

• Executive Twin Room

The area is a little noisy because of the night life and you can hear noises from the rooms next door. The staff seemed a little unfriendly.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Shops are walking distance and there is a Mcdonalds right outside the hotel which is so convenient. The area seems a little unsafe at night but there was lots of activity. Definitely value for money.

• Standard Twin Room

it seams that is acceptable in Turkey waiters to take plate away sa soon as they think you have finish your meal so Ramada hotel is no exception.

Breakfast was very good.Staff was helpful and polite. Not meny speak English but they try very hard to understand and help. Hotel is close to Taksim and also the area has lot of lovely resorants .

• Executive Twin Room

Only complaint is that after arriving at 4pm was told my room was not ready and needed to come back in 30 minutes. It was odd that I was told to come back instead of being offered a refreshment at the lobby bar, it is not like I arrived early. Came back after 30-40 minutes from having lunch near by and was informed that my room was still not ready but would be in 10 minutes. I was this time offered a refreshment at the lobby bar though. 45 minutes latter my room was finally ready!

• Superior King Room

I would like ti thank Mr.Burak whose working in the reception cos he was very helpful and flexible. He made our rlaccomodation enjoyable and happyness

• Standard Twin Room

The gymn, spar and pool were being renovated and although we were told this beforehand, I was still a little disappointed as there was no alternative provided.

Very central, welcoming, professional and very good quality all round. The staff are excellent.

• Standard Twin Room

The room size is smaller than 25 m as described. On the first day I left my stuff on the safe, but when I came back it was open and not working, and 100 $ taken from my wife’s wallet, I told the reception and they respond that we checked the cameras and the person who cleaned the room said no, so you can call the police, even they know that the safe wasn’t working when I came back. Mattress and blanket were not clean so we asked to replace it. You have to try several times to use the card to open the room or to use the lift.

Good location in front of Osman bey metro station.

• Standard Twin Room

Everything Breakfast Best hotel in istanbul Best staff and they are very proffessional Definitly will stay at it every time i come to istanbul Excellent location

• Standard Twin Room

Hotel is situated in Osmanbey area, one metro stop from Taksim. Metro station is 2 mins walk from hotel. Good mix of restaurants and shops nearby. Very happening place. Hotel is good with good rooms and breakfast options. Hotel staff is friendly and accommodating. I was received by night manager Mr.Burak , a gentleman, very helpful and friendly. He arranged everything for us and gave us that 5 star experience that I was expecting .

• Standard Twin Room

We were offered a promotional breakfast for half of the normal price. We booked it but at the end we had to pay the non-promotional amount.

I arrived on the date of my birthday and they greeted me with a piece of chocolate cake. :)

• Standard Twin Room

Very nice employees, always ready to solve every problem and help. Hotel next to a metro station, money exchange shops, restaurants, groceries shops and so on.

• Executive Twin Room

It’s very busy in Istanbul and this is a busy area so don’t stay here if you need silence to sleep.

I had a fabulous free upgrade on checkin to a 6th floor corner suite. Fantastic location for shopping and business at the Hilton conference centre. Well equipped room with all products required plus tea/coffee and fridge. Very comfy bed. Not the newest of hotels but clean and well presented.

• Executive Twin Room

Some rooms and tools need replacement. Renovation was ongoing while we stayed without informing us and it was extremely annoying.

Honesty of staff Location Hotel style Some staff were nice Breakfast was good

Location Services Honosty

• Executive Twin Room

WiFi is slow has poor signal and. There are no electric adapters converter s available

Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Service is also very good. Location is not far

• Executive Twin Room

the hotel share the interance with mcdonalds restaurant wich is very strange and the lobby is upstairs .. there is no gym and no resturants other than the buffe place and the internet is slow...

the location is very good.. it is close to every thing and the metro station is in front the hotel

• Junior King Suite

Our suite was a smoking one. Also, since the hotel is overlooking on the street, in most cases you're going to hear street noise even late at night.

Convenient location which right on Osmanbey metro station. They offer free lemonade at the reception. Also, their breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

Please make sure the room dock was locked after make up.

People are very nice and i can have good rest here, they provided fruit plate and chocolate plus card after checked in, that's sweet.

Swimming pool, gym and all activities were not offered during our stay because of construction. Bedsheets weren’t changed everyday although i used to put the paper on the bed as they say. Facilities they offer are not what a 5 star hotel offer. Reception employees don’t know how to speak english well, i barely understand what they say. They were working on reconstructing a floor in the hotel and they used to work all day, it was uncomfortable. Elevators are slow, we need to wait some time after you order it.

The location is very nice everything is near the hotel. The metro is in front of the hotel just need to cross the road. The hotel is clean.

• Executive Twin Room

1) The sound of hotel repairs was very annoying for 6 days. 2) I ask for a doctor and they didn't help me. they told me we don't have any doctor to call. 3) The towels were not clean. (White with some blue spots)

The location of the hotel near to the shops and restaurant. Reception manager was so friendly and she try her bast to help us with the room problem we face

• Junior King Suite

Everything was amazing in the hotel. The staff are doing all their efforts to satisfy the guests. They are very friendly and help with smile. The hotel location is great. It is near of everything you may need, and opposite to Osmanbay metro station. They are keen to stay in touch with their guests during their stay through telephone calls and whatsapp. It was great stay. And sure I will come back again.

• Executive Twin Room

The first room I had was on a smoking floor (no one asked if we would like to have a smoking or non smoking room) and had a shared door with next room, from which I can heard them shouting at 2 am and smoking the whole night; the 2nd room was on the top floor, in which there were works in progress, so again at midnight I called the reception to ask them to stop someone hammering the whole day. This is not the kind of treatment I expect from a 5 stars hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

Mrs.ozgur altunses Guest Relations Executive She was very helpful and calls everyday to ensure that we were satisfied and happy with our stay. She even went overboard by giving us a special discounted rate for the breakfast. I will definitly come back again

• Executive Twin Room

Cleaning should be improved. room is too hot, can not control room temperature.

Location. Check in. Breakfast buffet is very good. Clean towels and bed sheets. Check out.

• Executive Twin Room

There are still smoking rooms which travels thru a/c. Property is getting older. Street noise reflecting to the rooms.

Excellent location and very close to metro

• Executive Twin Room

my reservation wish for a double bed on booking.com was ignored when i checked in, which was disappointing. normally hotels are looking for this reservation preference, especially when it is a 5star hotel, or at least ask me about the bed preference when i check in. here they didn't care. i asked if i could change after i saw the two small beds in the room. the guy at the reception offered me to put the two beds together instead, "because that is the same". well, in my opinion it is not the same. he started a discussion about it, which made me angry. i don't want to fall out of the tiny bed or in the middle of the two beds when i turn around while sleeping. i understand that the reservation preference on booking.com doesn't give me any rights, but i don't expect silly discussions in a 5star hotel. then the receptionist offered me a smoking room and i said ok, but asked if i could check before, if it was smelly. he was getting angry then and muttered something i didn't understand. finally he let me wait 10 minutes while he was typing something on his computer and gave me a room with a double bed afterwards. that room could have used some renovation, but it was ok for 3 nights. i stayed in this hotel several times before and the staff was always friendly, but this experience was weird.

• Junior King Suite

They allow to smoke in the rooms. Shower and WC was kinda dirty, requires renovation. Also, even though it was stated that parking is free, I was charged 80 TL for parking my car. They didn't warn me about it beforehand,

Good location, not far from Taksim square. Breakfast was good. The staff is friendly.

• Executive Twin Room

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in. Room was large with a sitting area with a couch. The room was very, very clean and modern. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, helpful and professional and special thanks to receptions staff Mr. Burak and the other reception Mr. Burak 2 ☺ they help us alot during our stay, hope to see you again. They even gave us a plate of fruits for being a Choice Hotel member. The lobby was nice and clean. Breakfast area was large. There were several kitchen staff members constantly monitoring the breakfast items. There was plenty for everyone. I definitely would stay at this hotel again.

• Standard Twin Room

The noise coming from the next room. The room walls were not fully insulating the loud conversation in the next room.

Location is great. Staff was helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

There are plenty of beggars in front of the hotel entrance

- The hotel is just amazing. It was not my first time staying there, and definitely it wont be the last. I'm already planning for my next stay - Friendly staff specially Mr. Koray -Great breakfast, very clean rooms, nice location

• Executive Twin Room

They don't know the meaning of "shirts folded". Despite my clear written request they repeatedly brought back to my room 3 shirts ON HANGER, which I had to fold up by myself to fit them into my trolley.

Helpful staff, rich breakfast, nice large rooms, clean.

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

I don't think that there is anything you don't like in this hotel. Except the Spa and sport center was under construction for a while. All the rest is great

The staff was great. The breakfast is really excellent and the attitude of the employees is so nice

• Executive Twin Room

The spa was closed for maintenance. Could hear traffic from the room although this was not bothering as long as windows were closed.

Very friendly and professional staff. Very attentive. Housekeeping twice daily. Good breakfast. Very clean. A lot of freebies such as tooth brush and paste, razor and shaving cream, shoe shine, etc...

• Superior King Room

The heating was was high and we had to keep window open. Room service was pathetic. Firstly they cannot communicate in English and secondly, they forget to serve all the items ordered.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Room was very spaciouys and comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

The heater wasn't blowing hot air untill the 3rd night of my stay there. There was a construction going on from early in the morning, and the noise wouldn't let me sleep at all. The next door guest was having visitors at 2 am in the morning.

The location of the property was great. It was really awesome being in few steps if Metro.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff placed me in a room on a quiet street but the walls are so thin that I could hear every word spoken in my neighbour's room. The neighbouring room was making noise until 4am and although I called the reception 5 times, they did not succeed in changing the situation. The same was repeated the night after, with another neighbour this time.

The staff were friendly and the hotel was central.

• Executive Twin Room

Needed to be moved which happened quickly but still the rooms and my clothes smelt of cigarette smoke, which was coming into the rooms via the vents. Not a hotel for a non smoker. Had to open window and of course being central Istanbul it was noisy. Sleep was affected badly. They need to stop smoking within the building. My floor non smoking room next door was definitely smoking in the room. Not good

Upgraded upon arrival which was nice, but too a smoking room.

AC system working only in winter mode (heating only) in our stay the weather was good and sunny this make our rooms hot and we were forced to open the windows slightly to get some fresh air but too much noise coming from outside street.

Location in the heart of Şişli in front of Osmanbey metro station, staff were very helpful and kind and special thanks for duty manager Mr. İlhan for his great help and support in personal case, rooms upgraded to bigger ones without request, good breakfast, hi speed wifi, Arabic TV channels.

• Executive Twin Room

Asked for none smoking but got smoking. Room was hot and wasn’t able to control temp and they tried to fix it few time but same old. Staff promised to swap my room next day but everytime I go sport we fully booked and don’t have room unless you willing to upgrade with cash or card..

Only the location where the hotel located. TBH not must to like about this hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

First my room smelled bad, then i changed my room and the smell was ok but it was very noisy cause it was situated on street side.

Bed was comfortable and big room

• Executive Twin Room

extension for two additional days for one person was offered at the same price as before for two persons. Plenty of rooms in the same hotel on booking systems for better price. Tobacco smell in the room.

Good location.

• Executive Twin Room

Room although at 3rd floor had noise from the street. Gym was a factor for me to book but it was not available due to reconstruction.

The room and the breakfast

• Standard Twin Room

The AC system's temperature change option was not working properly.

The location was super cool. Near the metro station. The hotel facilities include all what you can imagine.

ROOM IS TOO HOT. Made lot of complaint but not able to ractify. In bathroom washbasin and bath place both are chock up. Second day cleaning not done properly. Desk telephone have one way voice.

• Executive Twin Room

The hotel was supposed to have an inner pool and a spa center (hammam included), as mentioned in the description, but to my surprise at arrival, I was told they were renovating this area and no service instead was offered. The receptionist (Koray Oral) was completely insensitive when asking him to explain me why I wasn't informed about this renovation at the moment of booking my room and while demanding him to find a solution, he simply told me I was free to choose another hotel to stay. Interesting approach for someone who actually paid the room at the moment of booking. I will totally stay away of this hotel next time.

Great location, accessible, large rooms, rich international breakfast, nice parking personnel

• Executive Twin Room

Positive attitude of the reception staff was lacking

Confirmed early check in request was not available. 4 hour wait to check in. Reception staff were sullen and unhelpful. Admittedly it was a very busy period due to the new year holiday.

• Executive Twin Room

The staff was not ok at all, the receptionist Koray Oral was very rude . We asked him if the we can use the spa from the hotel and he said the spa is renovating and we are free to leave if we don t like it. It is fair to mention on booking if a wellness center is not usable as long as it is written in the facilities. We asked Koray Oral if we can go to use the spa from other Ramada hotels from Istanbul and he told us it is not possible. Also the waiters were rude as well, we went to grab some breakfast in the hotel restaurant and left something in the table to show the table it is taken and when we returned after 5 minutes he took all the chairs although we left plates and keys to show we are sitting there.Another negative aspect is the fact that we booked a executive room and specifically asked for a king size bed for 2 pers and we reveiced a small bed with one blanket only.

The room was ok, very clean.

• Executive Twin Room

At first we had bad time in the room becuase it's too hot and the manager came at night and upgrade our room and change it We had problem with the net the last 3 days Hope they make the prekfest better But over all it was a good stay

The staff is great specially the duty manager

• Junior King Suite

The Space off the suite and the noise from the street and the facility and the hotel is not what I expect

I loved the location, and the guest relations executive O”ZGU”R was very helpful and nice .

• Standard Twin Room

Bad pillows and the bathtub's door is not safe I could have slipped because I tried to hold on when it suddenly opened since it is not stable. In addition all the water spills outside the tub.

Great staff and a lot of improvements from last time, marketing manager greeted us and called twice to check if everything was fine, our demands were fulfilled.

• Executive Twin Room

Rooms require some renovation. Street view rooms require filming on the windows due to short distance to the opposite buildings.

Staff are great ! Great location ! Good breakfast!

• Standard Twin Room

I called the room service to order food and the employee was rude. I was speaking to him in clear English and I was trying to talk as simple as possible in order for him to understand but he was raising his voice and showing low patience although it was him not getting what I'm saying. The rooms aren't sound-proof and the jackhammer right by the hotel was our morning alarm.

The receptions were very nice and cooperative, in fact they gave me an upgrade upon arrival which was great.

• Standard Twin Room

Based on my experience, I cannot fault the hotel in any way.

The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The hotel is centrally located with easy access to Istanbul Metro. Hotel staff have been very helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

AC is not cooling in most of the hotels winter time although you cannot open the windows due to noisy environment some hotels offer a standalone fan it helps soo much Not all Arabic channels are available in TV

Breakfast contains variety of kinds and tastes they gave us superior room even though our booking was standard toilet sets + towels were perfect

• Standard Twin Room

The WIFI connection is very poor, I was travelling on business and was not able to connect my laptop to the Internet, occasionally I would get some messages on my smartphone, that was it. The business centre has 2 laptops available their settings are in Turkish, it would be good if one was in English.

• Executive Twin Room

BREAKFAST WAS VERY BASIC, VERY LITTLE VARIETY. TOASTER WAS ON DISPLAY BUT NOT WORKING. STAFF GAVE ME THE WRONG TYPE OF ROOM TILL I COMPLAINED THE FOLLOWING DAY AND IT GOT CHANGED. THE WALLS OF THE PREVIOUS ROOM REEKED OF SMOKE AND THERE WAS AN ANNOYING FLY BUZZING THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT IN THE ROOM.

THAT MY ROOM WAS CHANGED TO WHAT I ORIGINALLY BOOKED WHEN I ASKED FOR IT TO BE CHANGED THE NEXT DAY.

• Corner King Suite

The wifi

It was great stay. At the beginning I had problems with Wifi but later it was fixed too because I was living its in penthouse suite. Over all it was a great stay.

• Junior King Suite

the staff was very professional and they definitely try to make you feel at home and extremely helpful. Awesome experience. Miss Ozgur is a star and she will go that extra to make sure you are enjoying your stay. please ask for her and you won't be disappointed

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

They have to take care more of the rooms cleaning,. The bed was not so comfortable. They had some renovation works in the lobby that made a lot of noise bedtime, we had to call the reception to stop the works and they did.

The staff are very good, they responded immediately to our requests. The location is excellent; the breakfast choices are limited, yet it is more than enough but it is not a five stars hotel standard. The room was very spacious and convenient.

• Standard Twin Room

One of the nicest hotel, just few meters far from Taksim Square! Thank you Irem, Melek, Esra! Starting to the day with their smiles are wonderful! Wonderful Service, wonderful staff. Thanks Kadir thanks Yunus who is managing all! Great place!

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

The delay in the reception and reception was very bad and the voices from nearby rooms were heard and the rooms smelled of smoking

For safety the breakfast was very good and the bed was rather comfortable

• Standard Twin Room

Very friendly staff. At the reception, DARYA has shown a lot of professionalism to solve problems that have occurred with much calmness and efficiency.

• Standard Twin Room

The room wasn't cleaned properly

Great location , excellent value for money , very friendly staff .. I requested a birthday surprise and they arranged an outstanding one .. special thanks to miss Özgür in guest relations who was very welcoming and friendly

• Executive Twin Room

can't think of anything i did not really like

Although the hotel was fully booked during my stay. staff were almost helpful and pleasant rooms and rest of hotel very comfortable good money value with booking.com deal !

• Junior King Suite

The hotel is kind of old , needs maintenance Noise feom othe rooms, wedding halls Toilet nedds improvment , lack of hot water on one day Breakfast is the same , needs change specily for guests who stay more than 2 days

Location next to metro station

• Executive Twin Room

The service and timely to respond if you need anything is very poor service. The bathroom room window was open all the time I ask them to close it they done it in the next day . I asked them to change the room the refused. they said no need we will fixed.

Only location

• Executive Twin Room

Good breakfast, friendly staff, lobby is cozy, daily chocolate, lemonade and treats at front desk, daily complementary at room such as fruit, pastry dessert, etc. Location is right infront of osmanbey metro station.

• Executive Twin Room

Although I booked an Excurive room for 4 people through your website, I was given a small room with one queen bed (150 cm wide) with no coach. How would this be enough for 4 people? After some fight they gave me an extra bed (portable) not comfortable. And yet not enough for 4 people.

Breakfast is excellent.

• Superior King Room with Breakfast

The WiFi connection was really poor inside the room. This was very annoying. Good connection in the lobby and restaurant (and pool area) though.

Located just next to the Osmanbey Metro Station made it very convenient coming from, and going to, the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was big and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was great!

• Standard Twin Room

Hotel needs maintenance not in its cleanest state. staff can barely speak english and can get aggressive and rude. in three days had to change the card key 4 times not to mention that the lock was jammed and had to be reprogrammed. Disastrous Wifi in the rooms , only workaround the lobby and coffee shop area. Special dietary requirement may not be entertained. Less than average Gym Facility

Location is quite convenient close to most attraction a bit noisy but excellent to stroll around, high end fashion shops are 10 minutes away as well as Istiklal street and tasks square. Ideal if you are attending an event at the ICC

• Executive Twin Room

When I arrived they gave me smoking room not according to my reservation and gave me big bed while I booked two separate bed We had to wait to next day to change the room and floor

would like to thank all staff who made my stay comfortable and enjoyable

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The hotel staff and processes are not five star. The hotel is at best a four star with respect to services and attitude. The rooms are not well tidied daily, the service is low at restaurant, and general attitude. When we asked for a plug adapter instead of getting a free one we were asked to pay for it more than 10 times its price outside. These do not undermine the fact that we enjoyed the hotel but a recommendation to excel the service for what is expected of 5 star.

The place is in good location and the hotel facilities are excellent. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The wellness center is excellent with sauna, steam room, turkish bath, pool & fitness center all available for residents. Thanks, we had a great stay.

• Executive Twin Room

Wifi signal was very slow and TV was not working most of times . The most

The place is near from everything (transportation, shopping ) The reception team are frindly and helpful special thanks for guest relationshipt office . Also for miss Merve Nalci , regarding my fly . . reservation issue She called Turkish Airline office and slove the issue 🙂. Room service is perfect special for restaurant Service 🙂 Hotel Taxi is very helpful 👍

Browse Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center traveller photo gallery