Reviews of Richmond Istanbul 4 stars

Istiklal Street. No:227 Beyoglu Taksim, Beyoglu, 34430 Istanbul, Turkey

#532 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Connecting Family Room

The hotel staff wasnt helpful , we were even asked to bring our own water to the hotel rooms . Where water is offered in every hotel for no extra cost. There was no room service which is not mentioned in the profile . Everyday we use to have room cleaning but the bedsheets were not changed till the last day of our stay

The only saving grace was the location and availability of food facilities close by ..

• Superior Room

Staff is fantastic! They are looking for opportunities to wow you and make your stay more comfortable. Great location and decent facilities. Amazing view if you get a Bosphorus view room.

• Superior Room

The bathrooms could do with an upgrade, but we were informed this was planned to happen this year. The rooms do look bigger in the pictures than they are in real life. There could be better hot food options for breakfast and better coffee

The staff were responsive and helpful, especially when we had a problem with the air conditioning in our room

• Superior Room

Very nice location, close to all nice restarants such as Lebiderya and Mikla or Sofyali, not to forget the afternoontea with champagne at Pera Palace or the bar at Pera Palace after a nice meal.

• Superior Room

Mold in the shower. Old carpet and humidity smell in the room. My AC was broken and the fan seemed to be stuck to max speed with temperature set at 20 degrees. They offered to send someone fixing it, but I came back late, was only there for one night and I normally sleep with the fan on anyway, so it wasn't a dealbreaker. All in all, this room was due for a refresh. As a business traveller, I like to have a ironing board in my room.

The hotel is perfectly located directly on Istiklal street. Getting into the lobby is actually quite relaxing when coming back from outside. The rooms are decently soundproofed and relatively confortable. Didn't try the restaurant. Bathroom aminities are good. The staff was nice. I had a room with Bosphoros view, which was great.

• Superior Room

The Richmond Hotel is in a fantastic central location with beautiful views over the Bosphorous. The staff were great, very efficient and friendly. We were very comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Istanbul. We highly recommend the Richmond Hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Connecting Family Room

The breakfast and the employee named (Adam Emut) in the reception whose behavior was very unwelcoming and disrespectful during the check in when he offered to give two connected rooms other than the two room I already reserved in the Booking.com and when I refused he spoke in Turkish language because he thought I don’t understand and he said to another employee “I have a headache because of him”

Every thing was perfect

• Superior Room

Some of tge staff was rude Cleanliness so bad, they opened two rooms and I found the floor not clean and they didn’t care! The bathroom is old and facilities are used so much

Some of the staff The location is excellent Wifi was ok

• Superior Triple Room

STAIRS AT THE ENTRANCE ): my mom is old and she has problems with her knees so it was not pleasant for her. About 15-18 steps or more. Had few problems with uber and taxis not Dropping off in front of the hotel, we had to walk for 3-4 minutes a couple of times. I asked the reception if the hotel's restaurant is opened there was this night shift guy and he said yes. So i wanted to order just french fires but he said i cant have it unless its a full meal with burger and it costs 25 Liras So i did order and i received a cold chicken salad wrap NOT BURGER. And wow he took 40 liras and i asked why because he told me it was 25. Then he said "No i meant it was 35" It was midnight and i wasnt in the mood to discuss it so i said "okay its 35 so give me back my 5 liras". He said we dont have change i will give you tomorrow. Of course next day i asked another guy at the reception (Remzan) he's an amazing guy! He told me: - we dont have kitchen in the hotel so the guy lied to me. - We always keep change in the hotel so theres no way he didnt have change. He was mad and he apologized and said we will write about this and he tried contacting the night shift guy who didnt answer. I got my 5 liras in the end.

The location was superior. It was in front of mado and turckcell and A simit stand. THE VIEW FROM MY ROOM WAS THE BEST! I stayed in room 101 on first floor, I could see istiklal road all day long. Good Street Sound isolation BUT NOT BETWEEN ROOMS! I woke up more than once because of my neighbors. The breakfast was super good. Staff are soooo good and house keeping is perfect. I will definitely book this hotel every time I come to Istanbul now. No doubt. Best family friendly hotel.

• Superior Room

Perfect location in the heart of city, lovely breakfast with sea view. i wanted to have sea view window room but it was'nt given. overall it was good.

• Superior Room

bed sheet must be changed on (your request ).

Elegant Entrance and quite hotel windows is soundproof .bathroom is very clean. Breakfast is excelent .

• Superior Room

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel. The view from our room overlooking the Bosphorus was amazing day and night. The staff were courteous and very helpful. Their bed was comfortable and the room was keep clean during our stay. The location of the hotel was excellent since shops and restaurants are just outside the hotel. Taxi station is just one block away.

• Superior Room

Little of Noise and all the facilities were old need to renovate and to be more modern spiecally for 4* hotel

Like the staff speicallly çasim,onur,mert were very friendly Location for the hotel

• Connecting Family Room

We lived in two adjacent rooms, which are offered at a price higher than two separate rooms. Apparently, these rooms are rarely booked, because the rooms are very dirty and dusty; and during the five days of our stay nothing has changed - a dirty carpet covered with something sticky, dust under tables and beds. The doors between the rooms and the entrance doors have not been cleaned for years. There a terrible noise from the common air conditioner in the hotel. It is impossible to sleep, unless you are used to living in a beehive. When we complained the hotel staff pretended that we were idiots, and tried to convince us that it was a noise from the street. A shabby restaurant. In general, a very bad hotel, which does not care how guests feel. Never again.

• Superior Room

It seemed a little bit past it's glory days for what it is and costs but was fine and over looked due to the location.

The location really was everything, if not the only thing, but even then all the construction around us was not helpful but apart from that it is the centre of it all.

• Connecting Family Room

poor breakfast We asked room service to make the room, they removed the notice and kept the garbage

The view from breakfast area is lovely. The rooms are big The location is excellent in Istiklal street

• Superior Room

Breakfast was below average, I ate only once out of 6 nights. The roof was leaking during the rain but not much.

Great location, I will definitely stay here again.

• Connecting Family Room

Breakfast can be better, resturant is on the roof with glass roof while AC was not enough, we hardly could finish our breakfast Taxi can not drop you on tge gate, you have to walk about 100m with your bags However the location us really excellent ib the midle of Istiklal street

Location, staff,

• Superior Room

Many taxis wouldn't come very close to the hotel, but it was close enough to walk, The reception staff weren't fully helpful all the time, they would try now and then The bathroom wasn't 100% clean, and there was paints peeling off here and there, The hotel wasn't on the ground floor and it had about 20steps to get to the ground floor, so its not ideal for people with knee problem. There was no warming equipment anywhere in the rooms nor the reception, They only had ovens which only the chefs knew how to operate, so not ideal if you wanna eat something in room. There was no pool or entertainment inside the hotel.

The location was very central and good, The rooms were in a good state, The restaurant waiters and cooks were very friendly and helpful, Breakfast was fairly good

• Superior Room

Water! they should provide free water with the mini bar.

The hotel is recommended for a stay while in Istanbul. It is near Shishane train station where you can access different lines through Taksim station (green line). Room are clean and staff are really helpful. We stayed once in the 4th floor and the other time in the 5th one. Both room are good in space.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Superior Room

We got a connecting room and the last night of our stay, the people on the other side of the connecting room were pretty noisy.. it would be perfect if it weren't a connecting room..

Nice location on a busy street, but still quiet and comfy! Great place to go back to after a busy and tiring day of sightseeing!

• Connecting Family Room

THE FACILITIES IN THE HOTEL, NO SWIMMING POOL AND NO GYM, AND NO LATE CHECK OUT WAS THERE. I CALLED THE TAXI THROUGH HOTEL STAFF, THE TAXI PERSON OVERCHARGED US, WASTED OUR TIME BY TAKING LONGER ROUTE.

LOCATION ONLY

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Superior Room

locatin befor was good, now it is bad..if you will stay you need to thing, to use Meto which is 100m away or privet car..as access to this area is nightmare....and other issue...the next building to hotel is Russia Embassy. so Policy is all area with high security access. and room is far small, bathrooms is sold old..and the brekfast that i paid for. was night mare, i end up to go out to have brekfast..keep in mind, it is not free by hotel, i had paid for it, for 4 person of my family..

staff so help full, Metor near, and taxi is good

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior Room

The room was clean but a little tired-looking.

Good central location and lovely breakfast with a beautiful view from the restaurant. Serkan, one of the receptionists was extremely helpful in recommending restaurant for evening meals and even helped me find a cake shop for a birthday cake for my daughter!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Superior Triple Room

I don't like that the staff at night they are not ready to talk they look angry and upset and this is make change the hotel And the watchman wish he suppose to take the bags he stand in middle of room and he ask for tips wish I see soo rood and not professional even I give some money and he didn't like it and say something in Turkish !???!??!

I like the location

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Superior Room

Nothing worth mentioning actually, for the sack of feedback only, I wished if i stayed in non smoking floor, I smelled it once during my stay, also the sound might travel from/to next room very low, it is normal I guess and did not bother me to sleep after long day of shopping and walking in beautiful Istanbul. the hotel is super in over all.

Location is super for shopping, Turkish food, and 10 mints walk to Galata tower and Taksim street. we walked to Ayasofya, the Blue mosque and TopKapi and Bosphorus boat trip only for 25 minutes. Hotel Staff are nice, friendly and very welcoming, the food in the restaurant is very accepted good quality .

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Superior Room

It is an old hotel. I asked a sea view room, they gave me one. But it was impossible to sleep because of the heating fans of the next building. I asked to change my room, but they asked some more money. So I checked out on 2nd day of my 6 day booking.

Location is OK.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The Room is too small, i wanted to upgrade for a sea view , and actually that's not a view at all, its back of buildings and after the sea you barely notice, i regret paying money for that upgrade, plus i was almost sharing all sounds with the room next to me ... not good experience. if you see picture on the website and what i was staying in, will probably never book that hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Superior Room

There are no parking we have to take our laggague to the nearst exit, lack of luxioros facilites

The location is perfect and there are three staff casim and mertt and onur very helpful giving extra service will come back again

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Superior Room

My parents were with me and both complained about their beds. Apparently its a bit too stiff.

The location is great. Right on Istaklal Street and a short walk to the metro station. The rooms were spacious and the staff helped out anyway they could. If I were to come back to Istanbul I would surely choose this hotel based on quality, location and value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Superior Room

The shower areas water leaks to the floor they should repair the gaps specially room 502

Location in isthikar strwet where there is nice places to eat near metro n tunnel station

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Indications how to arrive to this hotel It is located on a non driving Street, and Yo have to indicate the taxi driver where to park

The attention of the staff

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast can have a bit more variety

The rooms overlooking the Bosphorus are just too good and room starting with 505 etc Mr Mert and Mr Ramzan at the counter were just tooooo gooood

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Superior Room

Great location, welcoming staff! they were all helpful especially the Front Desk staff! I can't remember the names but they were all outstanding! I have recommended the hotel to all my friends...Happy Staff, Happy Customers :)

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Istiqlal street close from 10 am to 11pm no car ia allowed so you have to walk with your bags to the hotel Other wise nothing

Great location Good breakfast

No gym facilities. It would be excellent if the space in the 5th floor toward the Bosphore is used as a cafe. We asked them not to clean the rooms mostly but an extra care is needed when it is done and bathroom supplies to be provided. I was promised to have the Balcony open in room 405 but then the hotel say that it is not allowed although in my first stay it was opened with a nice view to Istiklal street.

Excellent location. cannot be competed by other hotels. Enjoyed the breakfast and the staff in the reception and in the restaurant were superb. Rooms are relatively big compared to other hotels. My family decided to stay in the hotel for the second part of our visit to Istanbul because of their satisfaction with the hotel location and room space. The family connecting room is excellent for family with children. This hotel will be one of my choices if I visit Istanbul in the future.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Superior Room

Staff was also very accommodative, I had not much time and had to visit Kapitap; requested for late check out. Although I was first timer yet I was given late checkout despite peak season and jam pack availability. That is the highest standard maintained by the management and staff of the Hotel.

The courtesy of staff and personalised service of staff especially Mert,Serkan and Onder. Really appreciate them:)

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Connecting Family Room

The set up of the shower is not conveniet, but this is not applicable to all rooms in the hotel. No other facilities for other activities in the hotel as it seems.

the location is excellent just the right one for some one who would find some thing to do if he has no plans. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was ok. I booked a connected family room and find it very helpful with the young family members. this location is close to every thing. I am staying again for 6 nights in the hotel in two days as I find it difficult to convince the family of to try other comparable hotels in the area

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Superior Triple Room

The first night i couldnt sleep because it seems the floor was a smoking area floor but, I call the front desk and the attendant told me the Hotel did not have non smoking rooms.... But next day I went to the front desk and this other attendant was wonderfull enough and took care inmediately of things.....They change us to another room...smaller but nonsmoking. The Hotel did have a nonsmoking floor....I will stay again in this hotel and definitely I will recommend it to you.

The location was excellent. Beakfast was good. The attention and kindness of the personell was outstanding. They were very helpfull.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Superior Room

The only drawback is the breakfast, there was very little variety,

Location! Location! Location! The hotel is based in the centre of Istiklal Road where all the action is at. Hotel staff were very friendly and supportive. Rooms and furniture were clean. Decent wifi internet, everythign was up to standards

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Executive Double Room

Breakfast isn't variety, poor Wifi network,pilows were not comfertable.

very good hotel ,worth money , great location of downtown in Istiklal street, helpful staff,nice vew on bosphorus from excutive douple room.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Superior Room

We were first approved by the hotel for an early check-in, based on that, we conformed our reservation. But a few hours later, the hotel contacted back and said that we have to pay for an additional night as they do not usually accept early check-in, they claimed that the staff member who approved our request inistially misunderstood! Any ways, after negotiations they offered us 50% discount for that additional night. The ataff in the receiption were not nice as receiptionists should be, and as known and I've seen in other hotels. The bathrooms could have been made a bit bigger. Our room was a bit smelly, seemed a smoking room although we requested a non-smoking one.

The location is absulutely perfect, in the heart of Istanbul. The room was cozy and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Superior Room

special form was requested as I payed by credit card of my husband (before I didnt get from booking any notice about it)

perfect location friendly admins transport lines just in front of hotel good breakfast nice window view clean room late check out 2.00pm

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Superior Room

I booked through booking.com in a very short delay and I hadn't to use a credit card. BIG high five for this option :) The location is just wonderful, in the heart of Istaklel Street, the mean vibrant street connected to Takssim square. you can do you shopping till a very late hour (2am) and you have access to wide range of restaurants and bakeries The room are clean, having all the needed items. with a modest breakfast. The staff are just polite, and always willing to help I will definitely come back and recommend for friends

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Breakfast. Not a game changer as enough small bars with excellent breakfast are in walking distance

Best location for everybody keen to walk and to enjoy the scenic/dynamic Istanbul. Lots of fancy restaurants/bars/shops in the close proximity. Price/performance is excellent only the somehow poor breakfast is disappointing. Staff is very friendly/supportive and makes you feel at home soon.

Stayed in May 2016

• Superior Room

Staff were very friendly and helpful especially Ramazan. Location was excellent Very helpful with the late checkout process

• Superior Room

They have the most friendly staff ever specially Doğan from morning sift ..this is my 3rd visit and sure I’ll do it again 👍🏻👍🏻

• Superior Room

Perfect location, great value for money... amazing staff ! I want to Thank Ramadan and Ersin for making our stay more comfortable.

• Superior Room

The location is perfect.. excellent for families

• Superior Triple Room

Stuff, cleanness, location, room view

• Superior Room

Vegetarian food variety very less so to look into this to increase

Location of hotel is superb! Shopping and food all at the doorstep

• Superior Room

Staff of reception. Yalmaz is excelwnt and acceded my expectations

Very nice location

• Superior Room

Breakfast was not too good and service in the area very poor , staff too not friendly

Room and location

Price

Nice staff Comfort beds

(Adam Emut) reception employee

Every thing

Breakfast is very poor

Location only

• Superior Room

Charged much more than the normal price for airport transportation.

Staff, cleanliness and overall room view was perfect.

• Superior Room

the breakfast is the same every day,the bar is not good to be in the loopy

The staff is helpful , location is good

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior Room

House keeping is very poor

• Superior Room

the staff was a bit rude.

The location.

Staff Dirty toilet, old towels Room service staff were horrible

• Superior Room

Lifting Baggage to lobby is very hard, because there is no elevator in the entrance . we have to climb stair to reach reception.

• Superior Room

Staff not that much good

Location was good Cleanliness

The rooms were dirty

The staff were friendly and helpful

• Connecting Family Room

Had more expectations as it's a renowned chain

Very nice hotel, have stayed there regularly since 1995

Taxi cannot rea

On Istiklal street

• Superior Triple Room

Taxi can`t reach Hotel Entrance. Early Morning Taxi can reach Hotel entrance.

• Superior Triple Room

best location for eating and shopping

• Superior Room

i've stayed at the hotel a few years back and it was in much better shape.

Stuff are freindly

The room is too small and not good for family and the breakfast is very bad

• Superior Room

Price and quality doesn't match

Browse Richmond Istanbul traveller photo gallery