Reviews of Romantic Hotel Istanbul

Mimar Mehmet Aga Cad. Amiral Tafdil Sokak No:29 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34122 Istanbul, Turkey

#397 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Okay-okay.

Place is quite run down. We got room 203 (i think) which is facing the sea...view is good just that if you are in, in the middle of afternoon (we went in september) the room is like sauna! Even w the curtain close (curtain is NOT blackout tho which is sad) and aircon blast its still hot. No worries, at night it will be cold, not from the aircon cause its just cooling as the air outside. There are a couple of refugees hanging around the street asking for donation. If they know you are muslim they can be super pushy too. The tv has no english channel or even any channel w english subtittles. So we end up just listen to this channel which plays music video (their MTV) which do plays english songs (and other language ; korean and turkish) ON REPEAT.

Place is really near the sultahnamet attraction. Multiple restaurants nearby (all is quite pushy and welcome you to their restaurant) area is really nice.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

-Receptionist, called Zafer was so kindly, friendly and...

-Room is a little too small . -Air condition was there, but you need to wait long time period to cool the room (use 18 degrees of Celsius). -The main thing that we dislike was bathroom, especially shower cabin that was small and had mold. That was so disgusting (I added photos). -Sometimes wifi could be quite slow in the room. -We arranged night cruise with dinner in the hotel, and it did not meet our expectations (dinner was cold and salad was very poor) but we pay nice sum of money for that.

-Receptionist, called Zafer was so kindly, friendly and helpful. He had answer on our all questions and he gives best recommendations about the area. It is really nice to meet that guy. I give him 10 star. -Breakfast was excellent, and madam that was in the kitchen made best omlet. Breakfast included different kind of food and kitchen (located on the terrace) had beautiful view on the Bosphorus. -Facility is located near Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, and it is really close to Sultanahmet tram station (cca 5 min walk or less). -Accommodation was good (3.5 star).

Highly recommended
    • Family Room

I liked very much the hotel , it was very beautiful and it looked like a doll's house. I also liked that the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was also very good and delicious and the view of Marmara sea from the terrace was amazig! It was our first time we came to Istanbul and our stay here got easier as this hotel was just e few minutes from Sultanahmet Camii and other attractions of the city.

Nice hotel quite near to the tourist attractions. Nice easygoing staff.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

The breakfast was so poor and the transportation (taxi) that was arranged by the hotel from The Airport to the hotel was too expensive.

The view from our room was fantastic

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location and service
    • Dolmabahce Suite

Great location. The main suite was very nice and comfortable. We had all that we needed. The service was spectacular, the two receptionists were always happy to help and arrange things for us.

The hotel is excellent.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

The hotel is excellent. The staff are very good. Every time they help us carry the suitcase, we fry the eggs for breakfast, and the most beautiful sea view can be seen in the dining room. I borrowed a pair of scissors, but I forgot to return it. I sent it back from other cities. I wonder if you can get it.

Great location, friendly staff, spacious room.

Housekeeping staff packed our belongings into our suitcases each day, this made us feel slightly uncomfortable

Great location, friendly staff, spacious room.

Good location, good service and good ambiance. We love it.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

1.The hotel shower holder in our room needs to be changed as it is wobbly, causing the shower to fall off. Luckily it didn’t hit me.

1. The location of the hotel is within 10 mins walk to the main tourist attractions. 2. The staff at the reception is friendly and helpful. Check in and check out are a breeze..! 3. The hotel decor lives up to its name. It creates the right ambiance for our stay.

Breakfast was good, a regular international breakfast could...

Breakfast was good, a regular international breakfast could use some adjustments The receptionist Zafer was great, gives best recommendations about the area What we didn't like is that they didn't have enough room service personnel (only 2 & in our stay one of them was sick so the room stayed with out cleaning for 2 days( trash can full & bed sheets unchanged)

the hotel staff was very kind and helpful.

1- the breakfast is very poor, the eggs were the same for 4 days!! and one day the milk was spoiled!! 2- out of 5 nights, no one single day the breakfast was ready on time it always get delayed for minimum half an hour, so all your plans will get delay also. 3- the Wi-Fi was almost not working all the time. 4- the water is complementary, every time we have to ask for it!!

the hotel staff was very kind and helpful. they love what they do. it was clean.

Lovely hotel, friendly staff, great location!

Breakfast could have been a bit more varied and sometimes wifi could be quite slow in the room, however neither impacted the enjoyment of our stay.

Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout, particularly when our airport transfer from a separate company did not show in time so they called and sorted this out quickly for us. Location was excellent and was in walking distance to most sites. Rooms were well decorated, warm and inviting.

Good Location and Good staff. Little bit promptness in cleaning is required
    • Family Room

Room was not cleaned up after the first night's stay. We had to specifically tell them to clean rooms even though we left a sign saying 'Please make up my room'. But the room was cleaned up the next day.

Co-operative staff, helped us move our bags to the rooms. Location is perfect, few minutes walk to Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. Breakfast terrace Views were amazing.

Helpful and sweet staff

Overall speaking it was quite a lovely stay, the only thing that can be improved would be the Wifi inside the room.

Everything was perfect during our stay. The location is just 5 minutes walking distance to the Sultanahmet mosque and the Hagia Sofia museum, the room is cleaned every day, and the heating system works very well in the room so it's not cold at all inside the room. The hotel staff are super nice, they helped us with our luggage, and helped us in booking a hotel in Goreme when I found booking didn't work in turkey. The lady who made the breakfast is also very sweet and tried to offer us a variety of food.

Being in this part of the world for any reason and for any period of time is a MUST!

Nothing at all!

The hotel I’ve read that its gonna be cozy but when I was there I felt like I am home the staff is amazing, super friendly, kind and so welcoming. I recommend this hotel for anyone will visit the Magical City Istanbul, the location of this hotel is an added value in itself the value for the money is great. Breakfast in ths morning on the rooftop is capable of making you day starts beautiful. And if anyone told you that turkish people doesn’t speak english and they are hard to be connected, just let him know that those people as per my experience with everyone there is just amazing and I do not speak turkish but I found my way which is an easy one.

Nice location,beautiful view in terrace,breakfast normal for...

Some personal from hotel ,write in what's up in my number ,it's not so good ,i though it's privet information

Nice location,beautiful view in terrace,breakfast normal for vegetarian,pink everywhere,woman paradise)))

It was very amzing stay in Romantic Hotel, all the staff are helpful and they have a great attitude, really i felt that.

I like everything specially the reception guys, they were too much helpful, and the Lady in the breakfast time she has a warm smile and she was too much helpful also.

Am so sorry

The rooms not the same as in the fotografs it was very small about 6m

The manager was a good person but the others angry if you ask them .the breakfast was very poor you most ask them for water for bred

Beautiful hotel

The breakfast was very limited in choice

Beautiful hotel- great attention to detail. Only downside is the breakfast was quite poor. Very central and would stay here again

Location is perfect to visit all the emblematic places in...

Staff at the reception was very kind but they promised to provide us with a breakfast box due our early check out and it never happened. Also, we asked for the heating system and they said "it is working" but did not explain to us that the AC was the current heating system and since we saw the all heating system installed, we thought it was the one........then, we had a very very cold night.

Location is perfect to visit all the emblematic places in Istanbul.

Charming...

The Hotel was fascinating. Artworks of the walls and enjoying coffee at the terrace while looking through the unique view of sea, was charming. You feel Istanbul with every aspects. Beside, the Hotel staff was gentle, very helpful and cultured. Room was amazingly clean and well equipped. Breakfast was good. It was open buffet and fresh!!! I felt like at home. And the location is wonderful. After a few minutes, you can be in the middle of Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Then, just leave yourself through the magic of Istanbul. That's great feeling. Next time, i am sure that you will be my choice again. Greetings from Austria, lovely place...

Super location, 5 mins walk to the Blue Mosque and you can...

A bit cold at night even with 2 pieces of blanket.

Super location, 5 mins walk to the Blue Mosque and you can even walk to the Bosporus ferry terminal within 20 mins. Hotel is exquisitely decorated and the view for breakfast is super too.

Good choice to explore Istanbul

Breakfast could be more various. Nesscoffe served only and the lady which serve it could be more friendly and smiled one.

Location is perfect and the view is amazing. The room was cleaned daily and towels were changed daily. WIFI is good.

3.0
    Don't even think to book in here
    • Family Room

There is no elevator and no bill boy. The first double room I got, there was only one A/C and it was not working and no body tried to fix it from the evening till night. And later they gave me different rooms in different floors. One of them was under ground I can hear the steps on the street and on of the reading light wasn't shot down. And It was front of the operator and Reception so you can imagine how was my night 😞 And the breakfast is very poor.

The view of the terrace and also, even though they don't...

nothing important

The view of the terrace and also, even though they don't sell drinks or food, you can still enjoy your own on the terrace at any time. The room and bathroom are small, but cute.

suitable for people looking for clean hotel to sleep&staying all the day outside.

Some rooms & restaurant was small,breakfast was limited items but suitable for people on diet. No lift.

The location is excellent, few minutes walk to blue mosque, top kapi,sultanahmet tram station,value for money is excellent,you can see the sea from balcony of some rooms &resturant at the roof.Staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Disaster!!!

I have stayed here before, and it was better. Now it is falling apart. No linen change for 5 days. Just wrapping and they think it is ok. Bathroom was a disaster. Drainage did not work and the whole thing was flodded. I told them several days in a row and on my last day they fixed it. Well done!!!!. Same with the sink. Upper parts of bed and underneath was full of dust. Covers of bed was not clean and it had yellowish color instead of white. Definetely not coming back. 0 hygine!!'

Breakfast was average.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Very nice view, clean, awesome and themed rooms.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

The breakfast was kinda simple. Not that it was bad, but compared to the rest of the experience from the hotel, it was poor.

Very nice view, clean, awesome and themed rooms. The location was very convenient (trams, taxis, museums were all close by).

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

I would definetly choose this sweetest for my future trips...

I would definetly choose this sweetest for my future trips again. Super cute, flowers, the paintings, the conceptual rooms, helpful stuff, amazing view on top during breakfast time. Hotel is very well located. Perfect price/benefit combination.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Superb

Nothing at all

Amazing hotel! Great location, only a five minute walk to the Sultanahmet tram station, and a two minute walk to Sultanahmet mosque and Hagiasophia. The interior of the hotel is exquisite, decorated like a Victorian mansion. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed in the family room and it was big enough for four people, unlike rooms in other Istanbul hotels. Breakfast was good. I will stay at this hotel in my next visits to Istanbul. I'm glad I did not consider the bad reviews written about Romantic Hotel. Special thanks to the manager Mr. Oz

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The best hotel ever.

The best hotel ever. We are going there every month. The staff is very helpful and I even can talk bulgarian language with one of them. The location is very well there is a tram station and can reach every place so quickly. The bed is comfortable, the room is clean, the breakfast is fresh. Tank you for everything see you soon ! 😊😍❤️

Passable

location and staff.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

only one hardworking lady is vested with multiple responsibilities including cleaning. she is really overworked.

location and staff.

Great staff & great view
    • Dolmabahce Suite

Very old, dusty, needs renovation, fridge not working, AC not working, water boiler broken, no garbage bin

Great staff & great view

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

View from suite of the straits was spectacular.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

Poor service and choice at breakfast. Tired room.

View from suite of the straits was spectacular. Location.

There was no internet connection on the 3rd floor.

There was no internet connection on the 3rd floor.

Romantic and comfortable rooms.

Wonderful place with nice staff.

Romantic and comfortable rooms.

Great location, clean and cute pink rooms) tasty breakfast...

Great location, clean and cute pink rooms) tasty breakfast and incredible view from the terrace!

Poor WiFi connection

Poor WiFi connection

Friendly

Friendly

I would like to return there.

the breakfast wasn”t enough diversificated.

THE ROOM WAS EXCELENT.

Cute little hotel

Room a little too small

Cute devote. Great location. Friendly staff

The staff are excellent and the value for the price is...
    • Dolmabahce Suite

The staff are excellent and the value for the price is terrific.

Average
    • Dolmabahce Suite

Some furniture are old . Breakfast on first day was bad

The spacious room and sea view

Generally the room was fine, clean quiet

The breakfast was fine but the wurst was dry((sheets on bad were turn

Generally the room was fine, clean quiet

disappointed

Breakfast, extremely poor. beds uncomfortable Purity, very bad I think that is enough !

NOTHING

All of the staffs they were friendly and very helpful,...

All of the staffs they were friendly and very helpful, specially the lady whos make up the room, location and the warm of the hotel.

Staff was great.
    • Family Room

Small rooms. It doesnt look like on the photos. Towels had holes. Not very clean. Breakfast was poor.

Staff was great. Location.

The staff team

The smallest of the room, no trash can at the rooms,

The staff team

Nice staff

The breakfest is very very bad. Not so easy to find it even by Taix.

The reception is very nice and kindly for help.

A hidden gem!

Not knowing the place before

Very friendly staff

Beautiful Place

I didn't like that I only stayed 1 night

Literally everything

Clean.

Very small room.

Clean. In the old city. Quiet peaceful area.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

nice view, excellent reception ☺️☺️

nice view, excellent reception ☺️☺️

It was very amazing stay in Romantic Hotel, everything was perfect, the staff are very helpful, they do everything to...

Everything was amazing, rooms are confortable and cleaned, the staff were very helpful and they did everything to satisfy the guest.

I was likei am in a very far and quiet and beautiful place of the world❤🌹❤🌹

Really romantic.nice staffs. Beautiful area.all beautiful

as above.

Breakfast was not good. View fron restaurant was good.

It vas very very good and everything was very easy.

The bed was too soft.

The staff, location, calm.

Staff was good.

Breakfast was not good. Furniture was old. Specially blanket was really bad.

Staff was good. Cleaning was good.

Really romantic!

Breakfast little poor, without sweets

Very central Position and romantics rooms and an excellent view on the Bosphorus river!!!

The view was superb other than that.
    • Dolmabahce Suite

The breakfast...was disappointing at least.

The view was superb other than that...

We had a comfortable, quiet and relaxing time
    • Dolmabahce Suite

Furniture and bathtub fixtures need refurbishing

Spacious, clean, beautiful view

Good location, friendly staff!
    • Family Room

Good location, friendly staff!!

Must try

Breakfast is poor

Great Location, 2 mnts to bus station, many restaurant around, very calm place, great hotel theme and team

We had a lovely time in Istanbul, staying at this hotel.

Breakfast was the same every day

We loved the romantic decor and the view from our room and from the breakfast room

Istanbul - lovely lovely and special cars

The view from our room was a big disappointment

Good in every way. .. maybe a little small. Loved the cat.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Hotel Romantic Excellent

Breakfast needs a little variety

Clean frie dly helpful accommodating

Romantic hotel are excellent in all

Romantic hotel are excellent in all

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

We like the sytle of hotel ,

Norma breakfast

We like the sytle of hotel ,

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Perfect location and very nice staff
    • Dolmabahce Suite

Very helpful staff and the location was just perfect. I just wish there was a better variety in food.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

We stayed at Romantic hotel for one night, the room is a bit...

We asked for late check out till 13:00 and our request was rejected even though the hotel was completely empty. We are the only guest. Apparently the housekeeping needs to do our room in order to leave early, same person in charge for breakfast I guess, she didn't even border her self to say good morning to her one and only guest in the restaurant. We booked our transfer at 15:00, and we informed the receptionist at 12:00 if we can stay in the room for some more time, the answer was big NO.

We stayed at Romantic hotel for one night, the room is a bit small, with basic facilities. The hotel decorations is great, beautiful colors. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

The bedroom's size is just right for us and what I like...

Hmmm. So far, what I didn't like is the pillow. It's quite thick.

The bedroom's size is just right for us and what I like best is the dining area!! Awesome! It's overlooking the Bosphorus strait. The interior of the hotel is magnificent..I love Victorian style. :)

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

Everything was just great: location very close to the Blue...

Everything was just great: location very close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia as well as other atractions; friendy and top helpful personel; perfect wifi connection; very nice breakfast on the charming terrace with amazing view. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

I loved the breakfast!

I loved the breakfast! Excellent food, and even better vıews. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were snug. Nıce staff. Mom and pop small hotel/B&B vıbe. Awesome locatıon- easy walk to all the old town sites. We went ın winter and the rooms were super inexpensıve.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

The attendant, Mr.

An elevator in the hotel could be a plus.

The attendant, Mr. Erdal, was extremely nice. He welcomed us with a big smile and cordiality. The room was kept very clean all throughout our stay there. I must recommend this small and cozy hotel to future guests without any reservations. The cordiality, services received, and especially the amazing sincerity, and attitude of Mr. Erdal certainly support my conclusions.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Romantic Hotel Istanbul traveller photo gallery