Reviews of Senator Hotel İstanbul Old City 4 stars

Gencturk Cad. Sirvanizade Sok. No 5, Vezneciler, Fatih, Fatih, 34134 Istanbul, Turkey

#617 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel parking is only available after 6pm, so if you come back before it, you need find parking place outside but it is very difficult and too many cars in these area. Crazy!

Stuff is so kind and helpful. Location great.

• Double or Twin Room

Limited TV channels. A little pricy.

Decent location, walking distance to most attractions in the old town area but taking tram T1 will be easier. Good breakfast buffet. Friendly and helpful staffs. Booked hotel-airport transfer for 80Lira through reception, they gave us a Mercedes mini van, as we paid 70Lira for a normal taxi on arrival.

The breakfast was very poor and i didn t like the coffe at all.

The room was big (junior suite) and the bathroom was very clean. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. It s near the tram station (aksaray) and the metro station (vezneciler). If you go here make a reservation for a massage.. it s awesome.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking guy doesn't speak or understand english. There is no jacuzzi ( write in facilities ), just 3 electricity sockets in room, there is no cutlery in room

Location, comfortable beds, bathroom

i really do'nt like the bathroom style ... its all open just a divided by the glass.. no ventilator system on bathroom bathroom should have a door which can be locked ... it would be worse if u r with a friend or with a family member then there will be no privacy

the place is in quiet area... the rooms r nice.. bed is very comfortable...

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

All the rooms smelled of smoke. In spite of us asking and travelling with a young baby. Breakfast had very few good options. The location is okay but the overall package was not worth it

Nothing really. Everything was average at best and the rooms and facilities were not up to par

Breakfast was vile ... after finding out that the scrambled eggs in the hut was freezing cold so it was suppose to be freshly cooked despite the fact was cooked earlier on or day before was very disappointed infact I had vile stomach ache and was constipated and Visited the hospital afterwards!!

Only the gym and size of the rooms

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

The hotel staff were excellent, particularly the staff at the main desk. I needed to stay two extra nights and they arranged at short notice for a reasonable price.

There was no restaurant at hotel but they could manage some pizzas to be delivered from external places.

Good location - Grand Bazaar and the historical monuments are in the walking distance from the hotel, trams and subway lines are nearby. There are shops and restaurants nearby. Staff are friendly and helpful.

The hotel pushed me to pay room charge on the first day. I always paid room charge when I check-out. However, they forced me to pay whole room charge on when I check-in. The employee never smile, their attitude was not polite. I asked the shuttle from hotel to airport and the shuttle driver keep smoking while driving. The name of the room was junior suite but it was just a double room. I definitely asked a double bed but my room had twin beds. The reservation confirmation says I will receive welcome drink but no such a drink was provided. Overall, nothing I could like from this hotel. I will not stay this hotel or recommend this hotel.

Unfortunately, there was nothing I could like.

The Triple room with the sofa bed is very small for 3, I prefer to have regular bed than a sofa bed.

I like the staff, They were very helpful, specially FATIH, He was very polite and take care for everything, He replied for every request or question. The location was good for who want to stay in the Old city.

• Double or Twin Room

I still think the wifi needs a little improvement.

The Staff were very good, I especially like Fatih, very friendly and easy to talk to and solve a problem when you have one, very very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Noise from the street and mosque in front of the hotel. The windows don't have good sound insolation. But still, it was great.

Great hotel, good bed, great location.

• Double or Twin Room

Location is not the best. quet far from the center in the middle of trade are. Its near moscque. So i had very loud alarm at 6 a.m. when muezzin starts singing.

• Double or Twin Room

- The entrance of the Turkish bath area could be heated for a cold weather in February since the locker rooms are not directly linked to the Turkish bath. Do not forget to bring shampoo, soap and bath "peshtemal" or towel with you, because they may not provide it to you there. I also did not like the fact that there is no separate scheduling for men and women to use the bath. - There is not any 3 or 4-star restaurants around the hotel. Make sure you dine before you arrive at the hotel. Otherwise the only option is to order a pizza. I can't review on the breakfast because I had to leave earlier than that time.

- I had to re-arrange my dates, and check in&out time several times due to emergency and the staff were patient and professional. - Location is close to hospitals.

• Double or Twin Room

There is no sound issolation, you can hear people talking on the other side of the wall. Also very early in the morning at about 5 o'clock when the prayers begin you can hear it very loudly.

Breakfast consists of same things every day. But it was fresh and generally ok.

• Double or Twin Room

The wifi is terrible, for someone going for work and need wifi then it is not good, that should be changed by the hotel. This is the second time I book this hotel, I do it through booking.com, I always choose and ask for double bed and good wifi connection in the room, both time the first night I arrive they gave me other rooms, but nicely enough this time from the second night on they upgraded me to a suite, for free, so I thank the manager for that personally, he was really nice.

The staff are good, the location of the hotel is excellent, Breakfast is very good. Rooms are nice generally. I also must add that this time the manager upgraded my room to a suite, that was a very nice room, very comfortable, The rooms in general are super clean.

Breakfast was limited. And sometimes some items would finish quickly e.g. Croissants. Breakfast finished early (10:30). No milk provided with tea/coffee in rooms.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Spoke and understood English well which helped a lot. Close many food places. Main tourist attractions were 15-20 mins on the tram. Tram was 5 min walk from hotel.

All good.

Staff, great location, breakfast, bar prices, everything was great. Really enjoyed our stay. Surprised at the standard of the hotel for the price.

The breakfast was not good in quality and not varied ...the bread was clearly not fresh

The location is very good clean and comfortable but the breakfast was not good for 4 stars hotel

• Double or Twin Room

They do renovation of rooms hence corridor is dirty. No kettle unless ask . Claimed to be 4 th star hotel ??? Some rooms no window can be very stuffy.

The size of the room was ridiculously small for the price we paid. We found a cockroaches in the room.

The distance to attractions from the hotel. Most of the staff were very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was extremely kind and change one of our two rooms with a better one. Breakfast was good. Good wi-fi connection. Excellent location: 5 min walk to the city center.

DID NOT ENJOY THE BREAKFAST AS SAME WE GOT TO EAT ALL DAYS OF OUR STAY THERE HAS TO BE VARIATION AND VARIETY

THE FRONT DESK PEOPLE WHERE VERY VERY COOPERATIVE AND HELPFUL

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Sea View

poor staff attention and communication very limited gym equipment and most out of order very uninspiring breakfast including disgusting coffee and concentrated juices in a country renowned for its fruit and coffee

Good suite Helpful manager eventually

• Double or Twin Room

The first night I arrived they gave me a bad room, that was a disaster and I did not like it, but then they change it to a good room. and the bad thing about this hotel is when you need internet, they have a very very bad wifi, bad signal and not stable,

The location of the Hotel is excellent, the rooms are very good and clean, The Breakfast was very good too.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe just the WiFi should be stronger for all guests, so that people can do their business online without any struggle with the connection.

The hotel is extremely clean and the stuff is always supportive. It is the best place to stay in the entire neighbourhood. I also recommend it for their own parking place where cars are always safe. Thank you for the pleasant stay every time I visit Istanbul.

Renovation of lobby without notice given prior to arrival. It gave anegative first impression

Central location - close to shopping and old city sights. Good size junior suite to fit our family's needs (2small children). Good view of sea from our terrace

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast needs more variety in terms of actual food - only scrambled egg with 1 other thing really, every day. Staff mislead us with how long it takes to reach airport in evening and we JUST made our flight. Comfy bed, but need different sized pillows as only one type available.

Nice big rooms that are clean and maintained well. Great location, 5 mins walk from the tram and 8 mins from the metro. Near lots of shops and cafes. 2 stops from the grand bazaar and 3 from the blue mosque etc, so very close by. Good range of bread at breakfast. WiFi free and good signal.

• Double or Twin Room

the room was cleaned in the beginning ... while we were staying there, it was not cleaned for 3 days and the towels were not changed till we called the reception

the staff and the location

• Double or Twin Room

Almost everything Good location and nice staff, Receptionist who checked us in was very friendly and helpful gentleman at the bar and breakfast "Daimi" was really nice guy. over all it was a good experience. Will definitely recommend this

• Double or Twin Room

the quality of the breakfast was poor. we had to wait more then an hour at check in for our room.

The interiour of our hotel was nice, our room was large and the bathroom was cleaned. The location of the hotel was perfect.

Coffee

Great location close to university. Comportable bed, good breakfast, possibility of later check-out. Great price to quality offered. Slippers in the room. Great base for sightseeing the city. Easy way to get from Sabiha gokcen airport (by direct bus to taxim square and then via metro). Absolutely worth recommendation.

• Double or Twin Room

There is Turkish bath in the hotel and we went to enjoy it but it was totally empty and no one to help you with anything like giving you towels and guide you .. anyway that's not the problem cuz I'm used to such places, but the problem we didn't find any soap so my colleague called reception and asked them for soap but they said we don't have and you should get your soap from your room!!! First it should be olive oil soap and second we supposed to go back to room while we in wet towels?! Also they don't offer toothpaste so I called room service then reception for toothpaste and they said we'll check for you but sure they didn't bring! The hotel is quiet but didn't like the location in general nor the surrounding...

• Double or Twin Room

Noise from some of the children in the room next door Nothing bad to say about the hotel, except wifi was a little slow at sometimes

The staff were extremely friendly and professional. Very convenient location. Close proximity to public transportation (Metro, Bus, Train).

• Double or Twin Room

The first night they had given our room to someone else so they sent us to amother hotel for 1 night wich wasn't even close to the quality of senator hotel we booked.I never understood team excuse they told us.

In senator hotel we had a very nice room.I think they gave us the suite after their mistake the first night.

• Double or Twin Room

Open bathroom (glass sliding door) no privacy Location is horrible, windows of other buildings are right into your bedroom Area is very sketchy Elevator smell

Breakfast, room layout, beds, shower, drinks (coffee/tea), lobby smell

I didn't like that my room got few issues and I had to change the room twice.

I like the location of the hotel so much. Also flexibility of Managers and staff in handling issues. Specially Mr. Ali the general manager.

the bathroom sucks. On the first day we changed the room three times. Water flooded in the bathroom and out to the room. There were spots on the bed sheet. The floor was not clean. The bathroom had only a piece of soap and couple small shampoo bottles. The first day I opened one bottle, the next day they had it closed and placed back along with others, half empty! Their breakfast is very poor in variety. Their service is very poor. They don’t refill fast. The mugs and cups were out. I spent 15 min waiting for them to get more cups. Same goes for cheese and Fruit. If they get empty, they don’t get refilled. The tables were not properly cleaned. The staff, 50% were nice the others were rude. Room service is too slow. Rooms smell bad. Also cigarette smoke was flowing every while from the bathroom. The shower was broken. The tub was displaced. No tv channels. No tissue in the room. We asked for a boiler. They brought it with two mugs. Having used to two. The next day they changed only one and put back the dirty mug! I would rate it 3 stars hotel or less

The only nice thing about this hotel is it’s location. Specifically the street It’s close to laleli, grand bazaar and sultanahmet

• Double or Twin Room

Jacuzzi was not available (either moved or being repaired), also no massages were available on the days we stayed in the hotel (due to the public holidays).

The staff were extremely friendly and professional. Very convenient location - Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque and other tourist places are nearby. Close proximity to public transportation (Metro, Bus, Train).

The breakfast wasn't very rich and was same every day. The bathtub was too big for the bathroom. I don't like the cleaning.

The location, the room size, the staff

• Double or Twin Room

Be aware that, if you need to use hotel parking, you can't access to it between 10-18 o'clock because the street is closed during these hours. We had to wait for half an hour parked on the street nearby (literally on the street because it is really hard to find parking place in Istanbul).

This Hotel is really nice. The room was bigger than we expected (clean, with everything you need). The hotel is located 2 tram stops from Grand bazaar or you can take a 15-20min walk to get to it. Everything was fabolous about this hotel and Istanbul.

Breakfast was very limited.

Location its amazing. Room is very nice with a nice view. I would like to thank mr.kemal reception guy , he helped me alot.

• Double or Twin Room

Room could have been more comfortable, pillows were uncomfortable, the rooms weren't very spacious. The doors of bathroom didn't close fully. Cleanileness wasn't very good generally. It felt quite cheap and not worth the money. Would not have expected this from best western

The hotel itself was spacious

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

I am Not sure of the final hotel Bill . The receipt is not detailed . The amount is not the same comparing to the one shown at time of booking.

Location, clean, friendly helpful staff .

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very poor ,staff we very cold , far of metro station ,area full of beggars in front of the hotel which kept asking for money ,no terrace to sit , hotel deals with traveling agencies so it was so crowded, I don't advice for couples or family who do their reservations alone

Surrounded by lots of restaurants and sores

• Double or Twin Room

Staff is unprofessional and trying to squeeze you from your money. When I ask to get transportation to the airport at night they said 60 Lira, when I went to book in the morning they said 80, but when I confronted them with the price from the day before they said "ok, 60". This in a 4* hotel is unacceptable, no matter it is their custom in these eastern countries. I hated it, but it is how they make it work. So beware. ALSO: I left some small change in the room and the room service somehow made it disappear (it wasn't labelled as tip or anything). I did give them the benefit of the doubt, but now that I'm back I checked everywhere and I know that change wasn't spent. It may have been just a few Euros (in Liras) but it made me feel very unsafe about the rest of my belongings and ruined my holidays. I personally advice AGAINST this hotel.

Room and hotel general layout is very nice. Breakfast is 'free'/included, and pretty ok. Location is ok-ish, depending where you will be spending your time. I may have preferred closer to the Blue Mosque.

• Double or Twin Room

There were a lot of families staying and the children kept running up and down the hallway and yelling past midnight. The staff did tell them to go back to their rooms when we had to complain as it was close to 1am. There was a celebration in the city our first night and the sound went straight into our room, however the second night it was quiet a part from the families - so that is not the hotels fault. The breakfast our first morning was really good but the 2nd morning they ran out of food by 9am and took a good 15minutes to top it up and the scrambled eggs were served cold and the toaster was broken. I do think this was a one off as the day before was really good and the hotel was genuinely a nice place to stay.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the room was clean and tidy. Definitely a good place to stay and the location was walking distance to the main sites. The downstairs bar is nice and decent prices. Airport shuttle booked through the hotel was very good.

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

Nothing. Everything was according to plan

The Location was very good that I wanted to cancel my Bursa trip. I will for sure visit this hotel again. Extremely convenient

price could have been little lower or discount could have been offered to me , since the stay was for 7 days. Four plus Three days.

The reception was good, Mr Edgar and Mr Kebal were excellent on reception, made us comfortable. The location near the metro and tram station make it convenient stay to travel around the city.

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

Breakfast was not that generous at all!

Value for money accommodation, close to market, very friendly staff, they even gave us better options for rooms at no extra cost.

• Double or Twin Room

Facilities could have been better but we asked the hotel for items and they were very helpful.

The location of the hotel is just perfect and the cosy street just outside was simply a delight where you could people watch and enjoy the sights and sounds of Istanbul. The hotel has a family feel to it and the staff were hospitable and very kind. The hotel facilities were just fine for a short trip and yes the bed was super comfortable. I will definitely return to the Senator again.

First of all Thank you Sentor Hotel for making my trip wonderful again this was not the first time i stayed at this place and it was a wonderful experience this time too along with the previous one. The reason of staying at Senator hotel is that the staff is very cooperative, the kind of services they offer are amazing. The main attractions of the Istanbul city are not very far from the hotel, so i prefer to stay here and rates aren't very much high. Affordable and best in town.

• Double or Twin Room

Noise from some of the children in the room next door Don't get me wrong We not a complainers and did not complain as it was not the hotels fault it was the adults!! Sitting outside our room chatting its a no no had to tell them to be quite !!! Should have asked for a quite room, next time so it has not put me off

Beds brilliant Pillows fab Breakfast very good choice

Family rooms are small , no space , shuttle service car to airport provided by hotel very uncomfortable, very hot,A/C not working and it was half an hour late.

Staff. Location. Breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

room air condition was close when we ask to front office after feeling very hot in night he advised us to open the window and it was very un satisified

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The staff was very nice ,location is top. We choose that hotel because it has free parking and in this location is so difficult to find parking space.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

As i book first for one adult then i did ammendment on my app of booking.com and i a add another adult i received the massege from hotel to say there will be no extra charges but when i rich there they say i have to pay extra charges for onother person and i show the manager the msg he say is not from there hotel

• Double or Twin Room

You could hear voices and sounds from other rooms. Toiletries in the bathroom could be of better quality and more generous.

Size of the room was spacious enough, clean and it was nice to have bottled water provided by the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• King Suite with Spa Bath and Sea View

Needs a bit of refurbishment touch. No car access. Difficult to find a parking or a waiting place for car or taxi. Breakfast can be improved.

Quiet location. Minutes from Tram for easy access to the city. Spacious room. Helpful Staff

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing bad to say about the hotel, except wifi was a little slow at times. And there wasn't much variety for breakfast

Location was perfect. Staff were brilliant especially Erdal. The hotel was very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Room Service menu is very limited the bathroom staff is not too many, Soap

Room is Clean and the bed is comfort A lot of varieties in the Breakfast, the restaurant is very good Helpful Staff in the receiption

• Double or Twin Room

Lock cards didn't work all the time we were there and we should go to Reception all the time to come and to open the doors for us. They gave us rooms close to conference rooms and it was very noisy and non comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

We were late, one day later than expected. We came with a much different group we expected to have initially. We just send small SMS from the airport - and when we came, everything was arranged, with no additional fees. Great job! Also, staff was extremely helpful in all the on the cases.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

NOTHING I CAN THINK OF !

RATES ARE THE BEST IN TOWN FOR THIS TYPE OF HOTEL. ENGLISH BUFFET BREAKFAST IS INCLUDED AND EXCELLENT, STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT, MANAGEMENT VERY HELPFUL.

• Double or Twin Room

If you are with your own car in this area of the city it is very hard to find a place to park. The hotel has its own 24/7 parking, which made our stay super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The SPA was unavailable because of renovation. This should have been mentioned before we booked.

The rooms were clean, the hotel interior was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The sauna was out of action, but the staff saved the day by offering me one in next doors hotel or a free airport transfer.

Location- it is near Suleyman the Magnificent and His wife Haleski Sultan's mosque and tomb. Which is next to the Unesco world heritage site of the Roman aqueduct. The other direction is the incredible Marmara Sea. The skyline is a wonder of the world. Helpful staff- seemed genuinely upset if I brought something to their attention and went out of their way to solve it. It is at these moments you learn whether the hospitality industry is true to its name The room rate was excellent but this is because the fear of terrorism has reduced visitors- the authorities seemed to be handling this very attentively and were making big efforts to protect tourists I liked the people of Istanbul, don't invade your space and exceptionally warm and friendly The hotel had a subtle Ottoman feel which I liked

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The leisure facilities were not available due to the refurb. Gym, sauna, jacuzzi etc. I am sure that once completed this hotel will be perfect for our needs

The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and professional. The hotel is undergoing a refurb at the moment and not all facilities were available. This was disappointing but the hotel compensated for this by offering a reduction. We would visit again.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Definitely it is far from being four stars hotel. 3 stars at best. Interior is little dated and requires some renovation.

Tasty breakfast and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

If TV channel selection is important to you then only some were working. However good WiFi made up for it. The Health Club facilities weren't available due to renovations the time I was there.

Very comfortable and good value for money. Friendly staff. Great location and attractive. Appreciated little things such as varieties of tea available in room and complementary water bottles. Would book this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Location - quite a distance from tram station, not strategically located. The hotel pickup did not able to park in front of the hotel lobby. Quite troublesome as we bring big luggages and it was raining when we arrived.

Breakfast & bedroom

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

Health club was not functional during our stay. Family Room was a bit smaller then expected. Only 2 water bottles per room as complimentary during our 7 day stay.

Love the extremely friendly staffs.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

First off id like to comment on the staff, me and my family stayed at your hotel for about 2 nights and we suprisingly have only seen 3 staff!! Secondly i would also like to comment on the fact that your cleanliness is utterly disgusting...the rooms were never clean, not to mention we asked for a suit which is basically what we DID NOT get..we got one room parted in half...which did not comfort us anyhow id just like to say that i honestly wouldn't recomend your hotel to anyone i know because of what ive observed on the contrary the location is the only thing that i enjoyed there..because it was close to many stores

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Family Two-Bedroom Room

If they served meals other than breakfast.

The staff was willing to accommodate our needs and where very kind to us during our stay. The location was perfect for us as we could walk to most of the attractions with the added bonus of the tram near by. There is also a park just behind the hotel and some grocery shops near by aswell. Overall perfect for a family as it wasn't to close to the busy streets of sutanehmet and plenty of cheap places to eat from in the evening.

Browse Senator Hotel İstanbul Old City traveller photo gallery