Reviews of Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel 5 stars

Rauf Orbay Caddesi Sahilyolu, No:10, Bakirkoy, Bakirkoy, 34158 Istanbul, Turkey

#822 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

In need of renovation.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The rooms need to be renovated, the carpet and the furniture look very old, there were burns from cigarettes on the sofa. There was a bad smell coming from the bathroom, it was fixed by air fresheners the first night, but kept on going the next two nights. I asked for a king sized bed and was given a two single beds room, I asked the reception to change it but I was told that my reservation was for a two single beds room!! I was too tired to argue by the time I arrived to the hotel after a long flight.

The hotel is very close to a shopping mall and the airport. Also, it was very close to WOW Convention Center, which was the main purpose of my trip.

Room view, cleanness
    • Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

We arrived early around 10 the staff told us that they could make a room for us earlier. We had to wait over 4 hours and the room was not ready even at 2:00 pm when it was the checking time finally we got the room around 2:45

Room view, cleanness

Worst stay
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The room and the bathroom are not clean and when you take shower the water goes all over the bath floor. I asked for queen ned and they give me two single beds...!

I asked for early check in and they did

• Deluxe Room with Sea View

There is nothing that i could think of that i acctually did not like. Which is a big plus since i am very picky.

Friendly staff..very helpful. The location is awesome. If you want something that is outside the city and near the sea, its definitly the hotel for you!!! You will get the best of both worlds with great value for money. Great outside pool which u will rarely find in istanbul trust me on that ! Great service !! All in all, this is one hotel i will be coming back to and highly recommend to anyone.

THE STUFF IN THE RESTAURANT DURING BREAKFAST APPEARED TO BE...
    • Superior Room with Sea View

THE STUFF IN THE RESTAURANT DURING BREAKFAST APPEARED TO BE NO TRAINED OR SPECIALIZED IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICING - BUT MERELY AS YOUNG TRAINEES - THE ENTIRE DURATION OF OUR STAY -

i wish i have choosen better Hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

first of all its noisy I was in 14 floor and I was bothered from the music that was played in the restaurant opposite to my hotel. I found old slipper under my bed . poor housing keeping im really disappointed . the staff they have an attitude . im really un satisfied.

the only thing I have liked in the hotel is the fitness room

Misleading description
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The photos and description of the grounds were completely misleading. The whole area around the hotel was a building site. The access to the hotel grounds was through a petrol forecourt.

Nothing. The hotel was dark and soulless.

Need more air freshener in the corridor. Smells of cigarette.

Not very satisfied about the Club Lounge. No food after 8PM. Come on! So paid for club Lounge but could not really use the facility. Room was not clean properly. Had to ask few times to change the bed cover. I was told by one of the receptionist they are very busy and can not change bed cover every day. bed cover was changed after 3rd night.

Most of the staffs are friendly.

Nice pool, amazing Kila Kebab evening meal.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Staff in general seems very low. There was no feeling of welcome within the hotel. When we did have to ask staff a question, one would contradict another. Hotel could be good but staff require better management.

Nice pool, amazing Kila Kebab evening meal. Clean room with good views

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

• Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

Room wasn't clean ... a lot of dust around with very poor room service reactions. I was trying to explain this to the team there but no action or feedback. I ended up change the hotel.. I dont recommed

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

I would struggle to recommend this hote to anybody!
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The hotel looks NOTHING like the pictures! I can tell you ‘sea view’ means you can see some sea in the distance! In my case it was actually a crane view a huge crane outside my window sold as sea view! The description childrens playgrounds/gardens utter misrepresentation- there is one isolated baby slide! The noise was terrible in the room, on the first night the whole night my hall way night wouldn’t turn off due to a fault, I called reception twice that night no answer. The next day I was told yes maintenance were aware and would repair it! The fault did not fully resolve & i barely slept with the light on during my stay. I expected to be compensated to say the least but nothing- seems this standard is usual and acceptable to hotel staff as when i asked reception staff they felt an apology would suffice despite my protests that my two young children & i struggled to sleep as a result of the noise and the lighting fault!

I got a sea view room so the beautiful view.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The shower was annoying because it leaked water all over the floor. There were these 2 little girls who worked there for breakfast and they were very rude.

I got a sea view room so the beautiful view.

Construction works are ongoing.
    • Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

Construction works are ongoing. Children below 6 are not allowed to use the Pool (?) Chrildrens pools is very small and the water was extremly cold. The rooms was not cleaned propably.

Great hotel by the airport that requires some improvement
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The front desk staff were not as courteous as they should be.. My Sheraton host had a snobbish attitude and did not make me feel welcomed.. The checkout process was painless and acceptable..I will however stay again at this hotel in the next coming days and I will give them a second chance to make things right.

Nice five star hotel located near Istanbul Ataturk Airport

Every thing the location many restaurants beside the hotel...
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Every thing the location many restaurants beside the hotel & the staff specially Miss Gizem Ersoy and Miss Sevin really they give me fantastic staying

best place to live if you are visiting Istanbul.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

best place to live if you are visiting Istanbul. not very far from Taksim and surrounded by good Shopping Malls specially Capacity, from where you can buy all international and Turkish brands at more reasonable rate, the other Mall galleria is adjacent to Hotel which has fine dining options .. and elites of Istanbul from surrounding like to come over there to dine-out plus it has a food court also for where you can buy all kinds of Turkish and international fast food. Other than that the hotels restaurants themselves are excellent, they also have a shuttle service to takism and sultan ahmet.

I asked for the same room I stayed in last time, the...
    • Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

I asked for the same room I stayed in last time, the receptionist said it was occupied and gave us a smaller room, and as soon we wanted to cancel the booking they gave us the room we asked for. Very unprofessional and unacceptable behavior from a 5 stars hotel 👎

I’ll stay again in This hotel shortly
    • Superior Room with Sea View

I’ve booked a superior room but the manager has upgraded me to bigger and he made my stay great The food, desserts more than fantastic

The staff are more than great

I was upgraded to a super spacious club room on the top...
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I was upgraded to a super spacious club room on the top floor with a beautiful sea view. Convenient location if you are travelling to/from Ataturk Airport.

Wonderful hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I like everything and we asked them to put some luggage until come back from and they accepted without arguing... They are well trusted hotel very recommended..

Disappointed from poor quality of service.

Toiletries and accessories in the room were not provided / refill properly.Any request were initially denied on the base of unavailability however assisted after number of complaints.Rent a car service provider in the hotel is very un-professional.

Reception staff ,bell boy was superb.

Excellent staff at the reception ... definately will stay again in the hotel!!
    • Premium Room with Sea View

location but the hotel provides suttle bus to Sultan Ahmet and Tksim .. so it was not bad afterall

I loved the way the reception staff treated me when I checked out and had to return home 2 days before. As my booking was pre-paid i accepted the idea that i lost the remaining 2 nights charges. However, the receptiones took the innitiative, called someone from reservations and managed to adjust my booking where i was charged only for the 2 nghts i sayed and I was refunded the other 2 nights ... wow!!

Good value for one night
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The property is a bit dated and needs a renovation.

The staff were very professional and friendly. All of my requests were met in a very timely manner. The hotel is located about 10 - 15 minutes from the Ataturk airport which makes it very convenient.

came for a convention by the airport. location is good and there is a shopping mall across
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

the lobby and corridors are very dark . it made me feel uncomfortable to walk around th we hotel. needs more lighting .

The hotel is well maintained and clean. the room is beautiful and comfortable and looks new.

It did not meet my expectations.
    • Superior Room with Sea View

1. The gym was small. 2. Spa, (bath towels and shower cabin were dirty and after you had your spa our hamam experience you want to lie down in the restroom but you will only find couch to sit on). 3. If you choose larger rooms and on the higher floor you will have access to the “Club lounge”, which means that breakfast and dinner are included and with dinner also alcohol. Breakfast was not anything special and the dinner were between 18:00-20:00 which they served with alcohol (it was served same food every day for dinner and alcohol is only selected beer which was Efes only 4 Efes bottles to be exact and one bottle red/white wine and in 2 hour you don’t have time to eat and drink so you don’t get much for the price you payed). 4. In the bathroom almost 100 liter of water was collected on the floor after I showered because there was something wrong with the drain so the water did not flow down fast enough but was like a flood in the entire bathroom. We called the staff to come clean it and they said they would but when we come to the room late at night the bathroom was still full of water.So we started to clean it up with all of the towels we had in the room and I called the reception and told them that it wasn’t ok that they didn’t clean the bathroom. The day after when we come in to our room after being out all day they had clean the room and left a letter where they apologize for not clean the bathroom the other day. I have to say I was disappointed just to find the letter there and nothing else for what happened. I expected something more.

1. Near the sea. 2. Close to malls. 3. The rooms were clean. 4. There were two staff there who helped us a lot with choice of rooms, we apprecited it a lot. One was the receptionist Atıl and other were Birol that helped us with our bags.

I got my money back
    • Premium Room with Sea View

Breakfast is not same level with other hotels at same level of cost

the bed and pillows are both comfortable , the view is really attracted you . the reception is spacious and really great.

I would like to mention is that restaurant food is good.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Some of the staff are haughty, if you wear non-brand clothes or do not drive posh cars you will not get enough attention as 5 stars. Maids do not know English as well, they speak only Turkish.

I would like to mention is that restaurant food is good. Taxi booking service by hotel is perfect: it is faster.

The best hotel in the world with no doubts.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I could not stay more because of work!!

The best hotel in the world with no doubts. I visited Istanbul many times and I used to stay in this hotel. Everything was amazing. The team, the location, the services, the cleanse,...etc. The always surprise me with new things. Thank you very much

the location was good , price was fine.

Between the 22 Jan – 29 Jan 2018 I stayed at Sheraton Atakoy Hotel - Istanbul for 7 nights in room 2104 - 2103. As I mentioned to your receptionist and director at the time, the accommodation was unsatisfactory in the following ways Our reservation was a club room for 2 adults and 1 child, and another deluxe room for 2 adults during the check in we requested an access for my companion in the other room as I am staying alone in the room to the club, we spent more than an hour discussing with the manager the matter and end up with nothing as the stuff were not provided with reasonable care and skills to solve or satisfy the client, as most of the Hotels world wide give minimum 2 access for the club room guest. On the next day, both of the room keys were staying in was not working, so went down to get new one but unfortunately the stuff attitude and way of dealing was so unprofessional and illogical, he requested to get my passport copy or to go up with me to the room to make sure it’s my room, we understand that this thing is for the customer security but the way of dealing is not professional at all. On the checkout we spent more than an hour as the reception stuff lost the authorization receipt with amount of 10K Turkish Lera we confirm during the check in. And attached a different one for different person and different amount, they spent more than 45 mins searching for the receipt and they couldn’t find it, which require the director of the room to go out and start negotiation in offensive way, and spoke with me with in an unpolite way. he shouted on me and told me that it might be my mistake and start putting the blame on me with losing the authorization receipt? really, he ruined my day and annoyed me with his unpolite attitude, honestly when he shows up I thought a good help will be provided but unfortunately a shame was instead, they delayed us an hour on our flight, and gave us the a very bad image about the team and stuff.

the location was good , price was fine.

Excellent and very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I just wish there was a late return bus from Taksim and the old town, I had to return by taxi later after 3:30 pm.

Food was excellent, and what counts more is that the bed was very comfortable.

Out of city center but good location
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Corridors leading to the rooms are dark with dirty and bad smell carpets. Waiters in the resturant need more training. Call center staff need to improve their English language.

My experience
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I couldnt go to spa with my husband , becouse were lots of arabic people. The housekeeping services was ok but every day they did n t clean well.

The view is excelent

I would say it has a great location for people who will...
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The bed mattress not relaxing

I would say it has a great location for people who will travel next day coz it next to the airport and around it some restaurants and shops .

Located at a short ride from the airport.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Main complain is the noise. They host some kind of party (or a bar with live local music) and it was very noisy (despite having my room in the 14 floor), quite unnerving if you don't like that type of music at all. You could even feel some vibrations close to the windows. They would run the party from the evening until around 11.30pm, so they didn't keep you up late but hard to go to bed earlier than that or just enjoying a quiet, relaxing time after a day of work. Kind of crazy they can do that in such hotel. Check out process took longer than you would expect or desire. The receptionist was very nice while at it, but don't like to have to sit and wait (early in the morning, having to go to the airport to catch a flight) while they check my in-room dining and minibar consumption (despite having telling them already with detail).

Located at a short ride from the airport. Just besides a big mall (Galleria). Surroundings still under contraction (bumpy access, works around the hotel, etc), should look quite nice once it is finished. Modern building, quite fancy, good vibe. Friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of people there to take care of any detail. Fluid check in process. Spacious and cozy room with views to the Marmara sea. Super comfy bed. Plenty of storage options. Ironing set available. Complimentary water plus a very complete minibar. Nice chaise-long-like couch beside the windows, great to seat there to work or relax with good views. Good bathroom with good set of amenities. Very well equipped room overall. Very good breakfast, good quality and plenty of options. Pretty good restaurant, had three dinners and one lunch there, all of them good ones. In-room service is very quick and diligent (despite forgetting a couple of things in two of the orders).

Great for Business meetings
    • Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

nothing in particular. Everything was good.However if you are coming for Istanbul sightseeing this is not the place. it's a long distance to the city.

Great location for business meetings. Having the mall next door is a bonus. the club room is good. Had the flexibility of checkout. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

As above
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Stuck in elevator for 15 mins which emergency phone didnt operate. Smell of sanitary in the roon. Bath tube dirty. Partition glass dirty (photo availsble). Staff with zeor compitence and ability to face disaster. Laud music noise in floor 11 of wedding party held in basment. Had to leave to hilton bomanti which was booked by you. Still was fully charged by sherayton. Two fares for one night both through yourself.

As a old guest in this hotel; this time nothing

Good hotel for duty trip and convention - nice view, but not-so-easy access (taxi only)
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Hmmm ... view would be magnificent, if only windows were clean. I know it's hard to maintain high-rise building in tip-top shape, but's not impossible. Would be nice to receive in-room information on SPA, fitness centre, other facilities (i never turned TV on ... perhaps it was there)

Excellent room assigned with view on marina and Marmara Sea. Comfortable, super-size bed and ... additional corner mini-room with desk, workstation. Excellent choice for business trip. GREAT, absolutely great breakfasts - congrats and thank you!

business will not never stay there again and have warned all arcadia staff never to stay there

being ripped off

bedroom nice, although had to be upgraded even though I booked and paid for a bath instead of shower so felt conned. Now feel even more ripped off as price was stated at £770 but was charged £841 another £50 disgraceful

Will be back again!
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

There is nothing worth mentioning that I did not like.

The hotel is great and the staff are very helpful. The location is quite off the touristic track but therefore close to the aisrport and the fairground "fuar merkezi". The room was was elegantly furnitured, clean, comfortable, spacious and equipped with a stunning seaview. There would have been many amenities like in- and outdoor pools, sauna, etc. which I unfortunatelly could not test due to lack of time. The Breakfast was excellent.

if you are coming to Istanbul from Ataturk airport its the...

nothing ...

if you are coming to Istanbul from Ataturk airport its the best location . The staff are very helpful very ... The view is good , and the location ...

Good location and sea view.
    • Club Suite with Sea View and Lounge Access

There is a construction site near hotel. They start their activity at 6 o'clock in the morning. Nobody noticed me before my check-in about that. My request for relocation to the opposite site of the hotel I was told that there is no vacant room in the hotel. There were a lot of rooms when I checked on booking.com though. Hotel cleaning service must be more assiduous. A lot of dust on the furniture surfaces, floor and sanitary ware were not good cleaned.

Good location and sea view.

Good but could be better with more effort, i suggest to hotel managment to install window shutters t
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Heavy Construction work around the hotel from early morning Window curtains without blackout so once the sun rises say bye bye to sleeping

Breakfast is fair Lobby is nice Wifi free and fast Free valet parking Resturant is excellent

It's near many restaurants at marina and it's near Olso mall shopping can go by walk
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

It's difficult to get hotel by car because there is some construction near

It's near the exhibition fair and you can watch many matches games of football

There was this one recipients her name is
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The other staff members were helpful to a sertin point but they never smiled the treatment wasn’t that good behave of my experience.

There was this one recipients her name is ( yasmine ) she is just a sweet person and she was very helpful to me personally.

Not good value for money. They charged me extra just for checking out an hour after check out time.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The hotel is rather old. Although the room has a stunning view, the furniture is rather shabby. The staff is not very friendly, especially a lady at the reception by the name Gizem Gucu, who was rather cold and rude. Service at hotel is slow. Staff needs better training at customer service.

The location of the hotel is convenient as Galleria Mall is a walking distance, and it is only 20 minutes to the airport.

Nice rooms.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Worst service in 5 star hotel ever. Breakfast not even close to 5 star level. And for sure worst reception then any hotel I have visited in my life

Nice rooms. Good hotel gym

A frequent guest to Sheraton Atakoy because of good hospitality, clean rooms, friendly staff

3 times during our stay the Air condition in my room broken down by blowing hot air, but the hotel staff fixed it within few minutes.

I liked the hotel because the environment and location is good for family. We are a frequent visitors to this hotel.

Majid
    • Superior Room with Sea View

I pay 100USD and 49GBP as a deposit but when i checked out at 8 sep 12:35 some lady in reception didn't back 40 GBP of my MONEY I was late and didn't have time and becuse should to left to airport . Its maybe happen in 2 or 3 stars hotel but in Sheraton is UNBELIEVABLE.

Good hotel and facility

Too old hotel and park suite rooms all smoking room without any notice.
    • Park View Suite with Lounge Access

Park view suite room was all smoking room and i didn't get any notice before for the check in.. Also the suite lounge service and quality is lower then other Sheraton s..

Antique??

A pleasant stay overall, with a fantastic view over Boshphorus strait!
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The one big complaint that I have overall is the fact that the facilities are in need of renovation. The last time I stayed there was almost 10 years ago, and I think nothing has changed whatsoever, ever since. The rooms are aging, particularly it is very evident in the bathrooms. So, a nice renovation for the entire hotel would be a must, in my opinion. Hence, I do believe that the price overall is a bit higher than it should be, for its current condition...

This is not the first time I stayed at this hotel, and the reason I returned here is because I liked it a lot during my previous stay. Location is very good, right at the Bosphorus, with 10 minutes drive to Istanbul main airport (Ataturk). Just in front of this hotel is one of the first shopping malls in Istanbul called Galleria, where apart from some nice shops there are plenty of restaurants. We tried the one with Mexican cuisine and it was truly a wonderful experience. The breakfast at the hotel was also very, very good!

The Extra large BED, The breakfast , the Sona,The outdoor...
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

there are construction work near by the hotel for 24/24 and I couldn't sleep for 2 night until I've got my room replaced to highest floor. the Furniture of the rooms are too old , It has to be replaced

The Extra large BED, The breakfast , the Sona,The outdoor pool , the Sea View

It short, I was not able to enjoy my stay and use the facilities of the hotel.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Reception employees are very slow and only two of them to serve clients. Need to improve this side. Very important to any hotel.

location near Galeria Mall and many restaurants and cafe's on the beach.

I like the woman who was cleaning the room, she is always...
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

- when i checked in, they gave me separate beds room, although i booked a king size bed room, when i arrived the room with bell-boy, i told him to call the reception to change my room, he called the they say sorry we can't change now, the hotel is busy! its not my fault that you are over booked, its your job to give me what i paid for! - i sent my suit to the laundry to iron it, and it come back almost like i sent it. (price -only for iron: 25 EUR!) - there are a HUGE constructions beside the hotel, definitely you will miss the route, also you will ENJOY the digging most of the nights. - i don't know why on the earth you call it "double room", but you leave only "one coffee" and shampoos only for one in the room! -last day, i had some work to finish before l check out, i called the reception to extend my check out from 12 to 1 (only hour) (although im a genus member, and i have extra two hours extension option, and also im SPG member and i have that option too), but she said NO, we can't, we are busy.. after a long conversation she said: "ok, but only one hour".. she said like when my mum trying to tell me not to do something! - my last word, this hotel is not SHERTON standards at all!

I like the woman who was cleaning the room, she is always smiling and friendly.

4.5
    The treatment in reception was awful, they tried to rip us...
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The treatment in reception was awful, they tried to rip us off with 200 dollars they printed 3 receipts decreasing gradually because we correct them and they were treating us really bad when i asked for receipt in dollars they said its turkey not america, using racial slangs in Turkish. It was awful

Nice stay over all
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

I requested a late check-out 2 pm. They said they'll charge for every 10min after 12noon. The first time I ever heard such a thing The picture on booking.com shows as if you can walk to the sea from the lawns. It's not like that.

Nice, comfy rooms with beautiful view of the sea. Good location if you are looking for comfortable stay with nearby malls for shopping. It's really not a location to stay if your entire trip is planned around visiting historic spots. It's far from them

Sory to say no think I like unfortunately
    • Superior Room with Sea View

Once i have been relaxing in sweeming pool they came and request us to move from sweeming pool because they have party for wedding I never see in my life like this services

Sory to say no think I like unfortunately

Connecting rooms for family's
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

For family connecting three rooms .. or two connecting room plus neighbour room at same floor

Connect room at same floor not found, bcause of family and children

Hotel and room, lovely. Service poor
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Chose this hotel specifically because the website said there was an airport shuttle. When we called several hours before arrival to find the best way to find the shuttle, we were told there was no shuttle. The next morning we were told there was a shuttle, but it was not free. We were overcharged by a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Supposedly there has been no shuttle service since January, but the info was still on the website when I booked it in March. Their response? Sorry.

• Deluxe Room with Sea View

very bad towels in room and pool, room service not a professional, paper hand not available, bad shower gel and shampoo.

the room with very good view, location and access to all restaurants.and other...

We loved the hotel and location.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

When we arrived home the charge on our credit card was $220 more than the price we had been quoted. It's hard to understand why this happened and we are at an extreme disadvantage as we don't speak Turkish. Certainly won't use booking.com again if this is how their services work.

We loved the hotel and location.

A Businessman's hotel
    • Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

I can't think of anything that I did not like .

Liked the location which was close to the ATATURK AIRPORT . Travelling to Ankara for a meeting and coming back on the same day was so easy . Ferry to Kadikoy ( Asia Side) was at walking distance. A-Plus Mall was quite close. I preferred to walk about 15-20 minutes to the mall . Mall of Istanbul was like 15 minutes away by taxi. Executive floor Breakfast was good. For Borek lovers like me , Borek was usually available at breakfast and the Happy hour meals . Staff was very helpful.

Close location to airport - about 15 min drive.
    • Park View Suite with Lounge Access

Construction near the hotel. Hotel needs some renovation. Breakfast is not up to 5star hotel. We booked premium suite with some compliments promoted as part of the price ( news papers, fruit basket, etc) but never get it. We requested non-smoking room, but were offered smoking room at the reception and had to wait to changing a room.

Close location to airport - about 15 min drive. Shopping mall is close to the hotel. Sheraton lounge was good; ladies working there were very helpful.

The view.
    • Superior Room with Sea View

VERY loud band played in bar the night we stayed. We were on 10th floor and were awakened after 11pm by the band and kept awake until they stopped at 1am. Called front desk and was told they would speak with night manager. No one every got back to us. Never brought fold-away bed for our son. We had early flight out next morning and barely slept. Outdoor pool was closed and was told it was open upon check in. The noise was the worst part and very frustrating. It seems safe to assume one would want to be able to sleep at a hotel. Not possible here.

The view.

it is a good hotel with very nice view and some how close proximity to major destinations
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

the pluming works in the bathroom was not well sealed, some leaks from the shower tub was always happening to wet the entire floor in the bathroom of the room i booked cleanliness of the toilet was not the best of a top 5 stars premium hotel

the staff were helpful, especially someone caller Omer from the concierge where he helped me significantly to restore my lost phone the free shuttle service to downtown was convenient

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

POOR
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

i did book three rooms for two nights and one room for one night and according to the booking reservation that i made i had to pay less then 1000 EUR , but when i went there thay made me pay about 1400 EUR.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Lovly istanbul

Construction.

Location of hotel is perfect to reach to anywhere near u. The marina behind the hotel is a good place to walk and have dinner. There is a shoping center just next ti the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Was expecting better
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

The bathroom was old and not representative of Sheraton Company, tub was dirty when I arrived.

The room bed was good and the Spa facilities were nice. The views are great and very close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Exotic views and all smiles staff
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Few options in breakfast for vegetarians

Beautiful location , close proximity to tak sim , sultan Ahmet and grand bazaar... friendly staff ... caring about guests preferences and needs

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

nice staff, the room and bath room was large
    • Club Room with Sea View and Lounge Access

The Club Lounge is open till 11pm but there is nothing to do there... no food no drink, the food and drinks are provided just from 6pm to 8pm.... no not big value to get an upgraded room...

nice staff, the room and bath room was large

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Classic Sheraton
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Infact the room was clean; the only problem was the stain on the side of the bed sheet. No real harm, but unacceptable nonetheless in a hotel of this caliber

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Luxury!
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Some rooms have a bathtub as the shower, I don't think 5 star luxurious hotels should ever have a bathtub as this seems out-dated. The security staff were great however the reception staff seemed inexperienced and not so professional. I think Sheraton need to employ more staff to serve customers as I waited at least half an hour before a staff member could check me in. The hotel is too big to have only 3 or 4 reception staff.

The hotel design, décor and cleanliness is definitely a 5 star plus. Its pretty, clean, modern. The food is of good quality and the breakfast has a lot of variety. There are so many security staff at the door which made me feel extra comfortable. The rooms are luxurious and the extra big beds are very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Good hotel but could do more on the little things.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Our bathroom didn't have shelves or hooks to hang clothes. Also the window in the shower was not impressive. If someone is asleep they might be bothered by the light if someone is using the bathroom while room lights are off. Also many things were available on demand only such as q-tips, youth brush, paste, etc... only one slipper for a double room and no tissues outside bathroom - things I would have expected to be in a high star hotel and not have to ask for.

View

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Staff at restaurant, cleaning and concierge very kind
    • Superior Room with Sea View

It took 3 phone calls to find my booking, asked for baby crib in advance as we are arriving late at night, arrived and waited an hour for the cribs. Requested late check out and they said no, although the hotel was not even 20٪‏ occupied! Asked for reception help in ordering Sushi as it's not available in the hotel, the guy said it's not healthy!

Staff at restaurant, cleaning and concierge very kind

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

House keeping entered my room in the middle of the night.
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

House keeping entered my room in the middle of the night...I was fast asleep as I had just done a long haul flight. It was very concerning as a female solo traveller. When I relayed this information concierge were apologetic. They offered me a cup of coffee as consolation. When I checked out I enquired as to how this could happen. They couldn't explain, the excuse was that all the night staff are still asleep! Very strange!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

holiday with some specialities
    • Junior Suite with Sea View and Lounge Access

breakfast in the lounge was 2 Star quality the service was not existing by work just available when you ask directly selfservice the tables was not cleaned directly after leave so when you come later you find no clean table Internet quality was weak and slow the hot water has oxidations so the water in bathtube was red in the indoor pool you have to wear Silicon bath cap or no entry the hotpot in the spa area was out of water the showers in men dressingroom are most not working

the room was nice and comfortable the house keeping make a great Job

Browse Sheraton Istanbul Atakoy Hotel traveller photo gallery