Reviews of Sultanahmet Suites

Kucukayasofya Mah. Ozbekler Sok. No:4/1 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34400 Istanbul, Turkey

#194 of 381 Holiday rentals in Istanbul

Based on 346 apartment reviews

location good, internet bad, interior decoration not as described
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View

The description of the room does not correspond completely to reality: TV not working, no iron, no radio, no minibar, no desk, no bathrobe, no DVD player, no dish washer, no toaster. We booked the deluxe suite (pictures No. 14 + 20). The internet connection was really bad, very weak signal, lotsof outages and overload - that was really annoying! The network was open, without any password protection (probably it was not even the hotel's own Internet but a neighbouring network). Little kitchen equipment (little cutlery, no saucepan). Attention: The terrace is monitored with a video camera (!) - why??? I like my privacy!! We booked a taxi transfer from and to the airport via the hotel in advance and later found out that we paid far too much - total rip off! Beware!

clean room, nice terrace, the aircondition was working well. Hagia Sofia, Archaeological Museum, Topkapi, Hippodrome, etc within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Home away from home

The location of this hotel is perfect. It is close to all the points of interest and has plenty of restaurants close by. There are plenty of small supermarkets next to it and the hotel room was fully equipted with all you need to prepare your own meals. The staff is very helpful and was able to help me find anything I was interested in. I felt at home during my stay.

It was my terrible bad experience about 2 nights here

-The place of room is so confuse. -The door can't lock and open easily. -It is far to walk alone from sultan Ahmed especially if you back at night. - Wifi system is not work ,so weak and can’t connected. - They are not interested about customer complains only wants money and ignore to solve the problem for the safty of lady customer. - office and the room is bit far ,hard to contact if there is the problem.

Please do not offer this hotel to customers because it made the bad experience in istanbul and do not want to use booking anymore.

Location convenience.

Reception is 12mins away far from the room. We carried big luggage bag stop by in reception then have to walked with big luggage after collect keys. WIFI not stable most of the time. Room cleaning not everyday.

Location is near to good restaurant . Host very hospitality

No customer service at all, rooms does not match the...

No customer service at all, rooms does not match the pictures in the site and because this hotel does not have any liscence we were visited by police and we were told that we have to leave the room because they will close the hotel. So many problems with this stay...

Comfortable suite for a fair price

I arrived at the hotel many hours before the check-in since I directly came from the airport and they did let me rest at the lounge and prepared my room quickly. The small equipped kitchen was very useful for us and had everything to prepare meals and store food in the fridge. The price was more than fair and the hotel is located near the attractions and restaurants. We were also able to extend our stay spontaneously two times without any problems. Our suite was very comfortable, it almost felt like our own "small flat". The hotel staff was more than kind and very helpful. If we ever travel again to that area of Istanbul, we would surely chose this hotel again.

Failed to meet our expectations
    • Family Suite

A note of caution: What you see in pictures on booking.com may not be what you get. Apparently they have 4 buildings, so perhaps we got the worst one, but don’t get your hopes too high. The building we were in is two doors away from their office. So if the others are farther, it probably can only get worse. Yes, it is pretty close to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. But the road on which our apartment was located was pretty congested. So even if it says ‘parking’ on the site, you will have to park your car far away on the main road. One drawback: They accept cards, but only with an additional charge of 12% of the booking amount due to some government/bank charges according to them. This is after paying an 8% vat upfront on the booking. It is interesting that we faced this problem majorly in Istanbul only. There were hotels that accepted cards without any reservations at other places we visited. However, the management was understanding and allowed us to make the payment the next day since we did not have sufficient Euro/Lira in hand.

We were a group of four adults and one child. They provide airport shuttle service, which was pretty smooth – there was someone waiting with a nameplate at the arrival area of the Istanbul airport. We were dropped at our hotel and the check in was completed quickly. The receptionist was a very cheerful guy, who explained Istanbul to us, drawing on a map the places we must absolutely go to. Though we had our own itinerary, we allowed him to give us that plan as well. He also offered to guide us to Grand Bazaar the next day. Once the check-in was completed, we were taken to our rooms. This is where the disappointment started: the building where we were given a two-bedroom apartment was rather run down. As we opened the iron doors and walked into the corridor, we looked at each other in despair. It was dirty, dimly lit and stinking. However, to give them credit, the rooms were newly furbished, clean and airy. The two-bedroom apartment had a sitting room, a kitchenette, a toilet-cum-shower and another stand-alone shower. The linen was clean, the AC was working, the toilets were clean. But, being a serviced apartment, we expected basic coffee/tea amenities, which was lacking. While the kitchenette was fully equipped, there were no coffee/tea sachets, no sugar, no kettle.

We enjoyed our stay. Will recommend. Will return.

The downside of it was the fact that the suite was at the 2nd floor out of 2 and in the afternoon it got very hot. The siute had AC and we used it pretty much. This of course this is not a minus for the owners. We don't have minuses for them.

The host was very friendly. The apartment was clean and had a kitchenette. The bathroom was very clean and spatious. We enjoyed it very much, and it had a very good price to quality ratio. We had the bath towels changed avery 2 days and the bed sheets were changed every 3 days.

Blessed and Happy

Lovely staff and very helpful specially from Deniz we recommended everyone to stay there and also try his tour program Our regards from me and my girlfriend to Deniz to make our trip unforgettable

Poor accommodation in good location

There is NO FITNESS CENTRE although listed on Booking.com. Very poor WiFi. Much noise from the street. Cleanliness and room condition not impressive.

Very good location for local sightseeing.

Amazing suites at a great location
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View

I didn’t get the sea views as requested

Great location. About 10 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia & Topkapi. 15-20 mins walk to the Grand Bazaar Many eatery places around. Close to mini markets. Super clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff . Thank you Mr Deniz and Harun for your hospitality.

- Hosts are nice people, willing to help (huge thanks to...
    • Deluxe Suite with Sea View

Description mentioned sea view, but it's an exaggeration

- Hosts are nice people, willing to help (huge thanks to them for booking an early airport transfer) - Good location

We came Istanbul at midnight.

Some problems with booking.com and this hotel. Booking was confirmed, but hotel couldnt see the reservation, couldnt stay at hotel for one booked night.

We came Istanbul at midnight. Hotel personell very helpfull to find this hotel and find another hotel for stay.

Awesome location

It was'nt the original room we booked. I think we booked the one with kitchenette. We only got a room. But it's okay.

Awesome location, staff are nice. Rom is cozy and clean. They allowed me to change booking date. The owner is handsome. Lol

Sorry, I will not stay here again
    • Standard Suite

Room beside cemetery, smell toilet not good, splash water in toilet is weak. Staff is strict, not kinship, specially for payment/money. No elevator. No cattle, tea, coffee in room. In map look near from blue mosque, but in reallity the road uphill so quite tired to get there. Far from tramvay. Be careful also, photo in booking.com not so same with reality.

Room with kitchen, good shower, free wifi

There is huge difference between the facilities of Booking.com and onground scenerio.
    • Standard Suite

We stayed 4 nights there. They gave us another apartment which we booked and after 03 nightswe had to shift another apartment. Their behaviour was not tourist friendly.For small tear of wall paper by my kid they demanded 1000 TL . This is ridiculous.

The apartment wasn't too clean, the bed sheets were...

The apartment wasn't too clean, the bed sheets were stained and old, the walls in the bathroom were full of mould, the apartment was in the basement and it was quite cold and dark. We required the hotel personnel to arrange a taxi for airport transfer. We waited 15 min and nothing, so we decided to find a taxi on our own.

I don't recommend this place if guests have money.

The room has no facilites that is written on the website. The owner of this place was so rude. He just yelled at me in front of people when I said that 'there is nothing written on website'. He gave us our money back but while he was doing it he was talking inproper way. Do not recommend this place. I am a traveler and I have traveled more than 30 countries and I have never seen that kind of impolite owner.

the only great thing is location.

Worst experiance ever
    • Family Suite

The hotel was a bad experiance in Istanbul the rooms was dirty as well as the bed and the cover sheet of the bed more than that when i asked for a bed for my baby he provide me with a dirty one and said this is the one if you dont want go and buy onethats the manager and his attitude and the way of taking by the manager was very bad and he was very rood and makes you feel that you take the apartment free without paying him money Every thing was bad even when i told him that am going to check out late he refused dispite he write in the web site that he can provide late checking and when i check with him he said if its written thats does not mean that am accepting All the above done by the manager he was a rood man and not caring for his clints but his brother HAROON was diffrent he was supportive and helpfull and trying to do his best for you Last time to use this hotel

Good for couples traveling on budget

It was bit tricky to get the keys. When we arrived the reception was closed but we had lunch nearby while waiting.

Great location! Very close to Blue Mosque etc. The room was clean and spacious.

It is good to choose for a family traveller.

I found cheaper shuttle for Sabiha Airport in the city from the hotel's shuttle.

The room was upgraded from what I booked and stayed in a bigger room, but it was on basement floor. Access to shops, public transation stations and some interacting places such as Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque was very good and about 5-10 minutes walk to arrive.

Wonderful, great place in Fatih!!

Everything- rooms, the host and location. The host was so nice to me and gave me extra beautiful nice room (a big suite for my whole three days stay) without any extra charge from my side

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

I am not recommend any person to choose this hotel.
    • Family Suite

I am not recommend any person to choose this hotel. it is very bad for family

I am not recommend any person to choose this hotel. it is very bad for family.

Hotel near blue mosque u can walk to famous place in 10...

Hotel near blue mosque u can walk to famous place in 10 minute. Staff is good. Room i stay is very clean and big have a little kitchen to cook , around hotel have supermarket and local restaurant. And u can use tram to go every where easy

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great value for money within a walking distance from everything

We had to change rooms after the first night stay despite booking ages in advance; we were given the room with balcony for the rest of our stay as a compensation. Also, had to ask for towels and toilet paper; nevertheless, all our requests were dealt on the spot.

Excellent location and really great facilities; the kitchenette had everything one may need to prepare a simple meal.

I could have a better place!

First of all the property was not the one I saw in the booking.com. we rent an apartment with kitchen from booking.com and I already wrote in their box what we need. When my husband got there to get the key, they showed him just a single room with a bathroom. My husband said it is not the one we reserved, they said the booking.com put wrong information! Actually, It was our honey moon and we reserved that place more than a month ago! Even the guy said if you don't want it you can go!!!! After my husband negotiate a lot to the one who wanted to give us the key( however their English was so bad)... they took about 10 euros extra for each night( for 12 nights) to just give us a living room with a small kitchen! We rented that place for 12 days and they treated us like that in beginning! The view of the balcony was just a cement wall and the style of the house was not that one that I saw in the booking.com photos! everything was completely different. Not happy at all with the arrival... the only good thing was the housekeeper woman who came everyday for cleaning!

NOTHING! I could have a better place with that amount of money!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

The fact that I could cook there.

The mosque across the street that blasted the call to prayer at 5:35 in the morning and at other times

The fact that I could cook there. The helpfulness of the staff. The size of the room and how light it was and the view.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Wonderful and pleasent stay.
    • Standard Suite

The bidet water pressure is too slow. The water drain too slow which causes the shower cubicle to flood.

Friendly staff. Spacious and cosy room. Have a lot of restaurants, gift shops and grocery store nearby.

It was a great value to stay at Sultanahmet Suites:...

Nothing. All is well 👌🏻

It was a great value to stay at Sultanahmet Suites: strategic location and good facilities, and and the most important is helpful staffs (thank you so much, Harun and team!)

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

A fortnight in Istanbul

There was no view as we were in a basement and the Wi-Fi was a bit temperamental. The automatic lights on the stairs could have stayed on longer especially as the stairs were quite steep.

Initially we were upgraded to a suite and then decided to pay a small charge to upgrade for the hole of our stay. Very convenient for the Blue Mosque area and a number of local restaurants. The local tram stop was about 10 minutes walk away

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

I paid 20 EURO for parking, but there was not parking.

I paid 20 EURO for parking, but there was not parking...but the man took them :D Whatever, I noticed right when I got home, but the location was good !

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

They steal their clients !! انهم يسرقون عملاؤهم

السقف في الشتاء كان يسرب ماء الشتاء فوق رأسي وقد أتوا مرارا وتكرارا ليصلحوه وكل مرة يقولون غدا وغدا لا يأتي ابدا ! جلست عندهم شهر كامل بالشتاء احدى عاملات النظافة سرقت ملابس من عندي واكتشفت دلك بعد رحيلي!!!! The roof kept droping the rain on my head for the whole month !!!! One of the house keepers stolen peaces of my clothes and i discover it after leaving !!!!!

اعجبني الموقع لقربه من السلطان احمد The area is near to sultan ahmet

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Bad be only weather .

Tv only turkey (

Bad be only weather ... Hotel super not expensive. To this prise hotel very good . Wi-fi not good but inshallah work.... ) Personal know English , Russia and of course Turkey languages.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The owner was really rude.

The owner was really rude. We rented double bed but they gave us 2 single bed! Additionally our room was underground. It was horrible. The location was really bad.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

excellent hotel and staff

nothing was wrong everything was okay

big room nice clean rooms and clean hotel very friendly staff near all the attractions closer to plenty of shops and fast food to tram station about 5 minutes walk

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

It was nice stay thought. The location of the place is good as well as the apartment.

They dont clean the room everyday. Not even changing the sheets everday. Thought they are taking the garbage which is really good. 2 days no hot water. We called and they said at night time they will be fixed but until the next day which was our flight date not hot water.

The balcony the was provided for us and the staff is accomodating.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Asirco
    • Standard Suite

I stayed there with my family on September 13,2016 almost one week The staff were very supportive. Specially the Manager Deniz & receptionist Haroon they were very cooperative and helpful .Also The neighbourhood is safe and you can easily find restaurants ,food and grocery shops. You can find sweets shops, gift shops, ATM, and it is only few minutes’ walk from the Arasta Bazar, Sultan Ahmet mosque and Ayasofya.etc. The flat and facilities we were given were alright and there was free Wi-Fi, T.V screen & kitchen utensils Overall it was a lovely stay and a great value for the money I Would definitely recommend this place. The money we paid totally worth it. Special thanks for . Deniz he was a great host and helped me a lot in everything cheap sightseeing tours, cabs, and recommended excellent places to visit and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

excellent place to rest

Our suite was great. Very clean and all essential facilities to live. Hotel is located very close to the historical places. it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk. Special thanks to the administrator Mr. Harun for his care, help and profesional service.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Short trip to Istanbul

...

If you are planning a trip to Istanbul you should consider the SultanAhmet Suites. The rooms are very clean and well equipped. Many thanks to the receptionist Harun Dözen for given us very useful insider tips.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

A perfect stay

The wifi signal was weak in my suite

The star attraction of this property is the manager Mr. Deniz. To be frank I have hardly seen such a friendly and warm person. The property is more like a cluster of serviced apartments rather than a normal hotel, a little walk from the reception/office. Which works out perfectly because of the added privacy and the facilities needed for a long stay. If I choose to stay in the Sultanahmet area again, I guess there is no better choice.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Be careful what you book

We've booked double room, and according to pictures, it should have been with the terrace. It was our anniversary, so it was an important feature. Also, as Genious travellers, we could check-in at 12.00 and check-out at 14.00, having a welcome drink (a bottle of wine on pictures, as we thought). When we arrived at 12, the room wasn't ready, and we've been waiting on reception for an hour. Our room was in the basement, no terrace, just small windows under the ceiling. The owner told us, that the picture was just 'general', and the terrace hasn't been mentioned in the description, and we could pay for the better room or just find another hotel. Great service! OK then. The iron was mentioned, but there was no sign of it in the room. The owner promised to bring it in two hours. We haven't get any iron during three days of our stay. Concerning welcoming drink - as he said, we could get free tea or coffee in the head office. Also they came at 11 to make us check-out. So, be careful when you book these suites.

Great location, quiet place, comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

1. I booked city view room they offered me a basement room in other building. 2. Old building and the Location is far from tram ( 25 mins ) 3. Poor neighborhoods 4. The hotel manager was absent and the hotel was closed and after 20 mins the manager appeared from nearby building

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The small kitchen allows me to cook my home food.

Not soundproof room. The guest who was checked-in above of my room has made a lot of noise. Suggestion: to have a signage "DO NOT DISTURB / PLEASE MAKE UP MY ROOM"... so others will be aware that they are not staying alone.

The small kitchen allows me to cook my home food. The convenience store is just next door. Walking distance to the most of the historical sights in Istanbul. Tired of walking, take tram. Buy the Istabulkart at 10TL and get refund (5TL) by returning the card at the nearby kiosk, reload at the tram station (minimum reload 10TL),

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Very good but there is room for further improvement

Check in and out time was not as I wanted I had to check out early and my flight was at night

Good location close to blue mosque and other historical places

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Good supportive staff and clean room

Evrything is fine.

The staff is very supportive. I was upgraded to a deluxe suite. Specially the receptionist haroon is very sensible and helpful even for the tours.

Slow WiFi.
    • Standard Suite

Slow WiFi. Hot water problem, water from shower does not drain properly. Drains very slow.

No washing machine

Location. Coziness.

Good Location

1st day stayed in different hotel.

Good Location Room with kitchen

Value for money for family in a cental location

The staircase

Spacious, centrally located, facilities i.e.stove, microwave, fridge, washing machines etc

Nice people and good bed

Our terrace

It is in the heart of the city and the staff are very...
    • Standard Suite

It is in the heart of the city and the staff are very accommodating

Nice host.

No iron.

Nice host. Comfy bed. All complete. Love everything in this hotel. Big balcony.

Very nice and clean place

Very nice and clean place

This hotel was worst place to stay for your vacation.dirty place .rude staff and...

This hotel was worst place to stay for your vacation

This hotel was worst place to stay for your vacation

Peace be upon you, I enjoyed the most time in Istanbul, especially the hotel sultanahmet suites

It' s good

great

very bad, i never see in my life, the host sold my accomodation

Nothing, because they sold my property which I booked 5 months ago

Great location to historical attractions

Tight flight of stairs with no elevator.

Location. Please tell and helpful host. Access to public transportation.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Comfortable bed, good shower, value for money

Some noise from the road but that s normal for the area.

Comfortable bed, good shower, value for money

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

good bed, good location, excellent shower!

good bed, good location, excellent shower!

I got proplem with the manger and I'd like to call the...

I got proplem with the manger and I'd like to call the police because he was unpolit.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Everything was amazing

Everything was amazing

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Nice place but 10 min walk from the main attractions

Hot water was a problem!

Renovated historical Ottoman villa room in Kasirga - property is not in Sultanahmet, but 10 min walk from the Square.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

It's amazing please!

It's amazing please!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Rubbish service

Every thing about wasn't good

Rubbish service

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Lovely accom.

Great location.It's only a 500 metre to sultanahmet square where all the tourist attractions are.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Awesome place

Everything was great!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Deluxe Suite with Sea View

Lack of continuous hot water

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Location is very good

Wifi it was very bad Most of the time not working

Location is very good

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Good location friendly stuff its the second visit in one...

Good location friendly stuff its the second visit in one month near to sultan ahmat mosque

Browse Sultanahmet Suites traveller photo gallery