Reviews of Taksim Gonen Hotel 4 stars

#682 of 1,416 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Couples vacation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1.The breakfast was a waste of money 2.as a genius booker we had a priority late checkout and was confirmed by the hotel prior to our arrival but at the last day staff kept knocking on our door since 11:00 am which was very annoying and desrespectful, we informed the reception and they left but came back at 13:30 and sat on our door waiting for us to leave!!

The room was great and spacious Cleaning was okay Location is great

Close to Taksim Meydani
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I paid 170 TRY for my guest, the hotel embarrassed me. I was upset that I couldn't have a friend visit me in my room. I have friends in Turkey and he came to see me. I am very disappointed.

Close to Taksim Meydani

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I asked for higher floor room, despite that room category i booked was on lower floors, the guy in check in desk provided me higher room without any payment. Bellboys and a waiter in main restaurant were very polite

Comfortable hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

Many male staff just standing in the lobby doing nothing and knowing nothing. Very strange for a 4 star hotel catering for international guests. And we spoke both Turkish and English. The restaurant has a very nice espresso machine that were not working. Awful instant coffee from nestle coffee automat in breakfast room.

Location is great. Very close to metro and tram. And walking distance to Taksim square.

very nice hotel, friendly staff (especially the night shift...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

two small comments: 1. cleanness of the room. the beds were made but nothing much. dirty cups were not changed for 3 days 2. bathroom would need a little refreshment, feel like it's old. we could not even close the door.

very nice hotel, friendly staff (especially the night shift people). room was big for 3 people and very comfortable. my husband did a hammam and massage. I've hardly seen him so relaxed :o)

Excellent location, excellent staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bath was a bit smelly like it hadn't been rinsed for a few days

The porter was super professional and friendly, he gave all of the information I needed, before I even asked.

Good location near metro station.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

Swimming pool wasn't working and staff couldn't tell why or if it ever will. Cleaning woke us up everyday at 9.

Good location near metro station. Many shops and restaurants around, including one downstairs.

awful and bad experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the reception staff were really rude, disrespectful and racist.if you are a dark skin color weather an African or American you wouldn't be treated as welcome as a Turkish citizen and the rooms are very small .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleaness,they wash glasses and put upside down on dirty table without any paper below it ,not change sheet every day (if u ask they will).the bed(mattress) is too soft,its not good for those who has back pain.

I did not like anything in this hotel.
    • Deluxe Triple Room (1 Double + 1 Single Bed)

I didn't like the staffs and receptions who were impolite and unkind.I did not like the bathroom and room which were dirty and disgusting.The neighborhood was dirty and noisy.Too expensive according to facilities.Awful breakfast.

I did not like anything in this hotel.Every thing was awful.

My advise to every one NEVER EVER CHOOSE GONEN TAKSIM HOTEL
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

every thing was awful in this hotel and also empolite staffs and receptions.Dirty bathroom and room.I will never choose this hotel again in my life.The neighborhood was too crowded and all the time you hear building and workers' noise.

I did not like anything in this hotel and booking.com always shows fake pictures of it.

Good price/great location/acceptable hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

Staff fine but not exceptional- e.g. watched me struggle with my bags in the foyer. Free transfer was booked and confirmed but never turned up at the airport. Breakfast was fine but disorganised if it wasn't for my honesty I would have got it free as there was no system for checking in customers. Bathroom good but not great e.g. side panel fell off the bath and a little old/dirty!

Location excellent. Room was great- good amount of space and furniture . Overall hotel was in decent condition and great location- acceptable for the price. Good Wifi in rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

I DON"T RECOMMEND !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfriendly staff especially the restaurant during breakfast, very noisy, too expensive for its grade, quality of food is not good, quality of swimming pool and other facilities is not good.

I only liked the access to the hotel from the airport. there is a shuttle which will pass by the hotel.

- hotel mix up my staying and I decided to leave
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was too small I can’t move - you can’t set in toilet - I ask for single bid room was with 2 small bids - front disk staff was not cooperative

Great central location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

First we paid extra for a spa bath. I tried to use it and it had an odour that made the water smell. They sent a 'technician' who didnt even fill the tub to check and just fiddled with the spa jets and left dirt in the tub. He didn't even understand what I was trying to explain to him. Dont spend the extra money.. definitely not worth it Second. We had organised a transfer with the hotel from the airport. We showed numerous people the email with the meeting point at the airport and for the life of us we could not find this bus. So we paid for a taxi The money spent is not what concerned me it was the arrogance of the staff. No apology for a misunderstanding or offer of anything. I was too nice because we were so tired.. I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone and we spent a month traveling in Turkey. Thirdly.. on the last day we encountered a staff member who actually smiled

Great central location. Beds and pillows comfortable

The offense us because we was with our girl friends and they...

Comportament of staff

The offense us because we was with our girl friends and they ask us each night at what room we go and how we stay in the rooms , and when we had discussed with staff, they told us offensively it not our fault u come with the girl here ( ugly)

Nevertheless again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are money oriented and never helpful. Rooms are not cleaned well. Bathrooms small and not cleaned well. Maintenance issues.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location

The restrent is to much bad when i made any order they took...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

The restrent is to much bad when i made any order they took to much time and it come cold it is bad restrunt and I sent to email to send car for me to the airport they didnot answer and whel i call them before 5 hourse they told me we didnot have any car we stopped this

Best hotel for taksim square fans
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They couldn't arrange a shuttle transportation for me.. they said said I should arrange with them one day earlier otherwise no transportation for me to the airport..

The location is extremely close to Taksim Square and to Taksim Metro. Very friendly staff with excellent hospitality skills

The location of the hotel is very good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is very good. Subway station is just meters away, Istiklal Ave is just round the corner, restaurants are everywhere, convenient stores and many others. Whether it is for business travel or leisure, the Taksim Gonen Hotel is a good place to stay at. The room is a bit small, but since the location is good, I never really spend so much time in the room...

The breakfast, the view, close to everything, beds are comfy...
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Hot Tub

The elevators were small, bathrooms were old style and the eqiupment was old, the water had a bad smell

The breakfast, the view, close to everything, beds are comfy, rooms are a good size.

Location of hotel is great, right next to Taksim Square.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms arr old(jacuzzi wasnt working, cleaning wasnt good) Room service wasnt great( staff doesnt understand english)

Location of hotel is great, right next to Taksim Square. Rooms were big!

Great but don't use the pool
    • Connected Family Room

The pool, the pool area was very dirty some floor ceramic were broken very dangerous and the ceiling was very dirty.. So my advice is not to use the pool area

We enjoyed staying at this hotel, the location is more than amazing, the staff were very nice and helpful, the room was very nice and comfortable and clean, would definitely go there again

Happy trip to Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The action of hotel booking manager Mohamed since he was not cooprated enough

Mr. Hassan at the hotel reception who actioned for my staying process was very professional and helpful and encourage me to extend my staying

Very poor atmosphere in lobby and staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's not safe and so crowded and noisy . Also the quality of other guest and the atmosphere in the lobby is poor

Just lication, near the taksim sq

Good location, good value for money, free wifi
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff in restaurant which I used for breakfast was not really customer oriented but it is true that some of them very really junior. Only some of them vere smiling and at least saying good morning. They also clean so fast that if you finish juice and you want to go for one more you can not as they take your glass immediately, same with plates, cups... :-(

Very good location. Swimmming pool and turkish bath available. Nice view out of the restaurant (used for breakfast). The staff at the reception was really helpfull. Free wifi

Spacious, early check in, good bell boy, good reception...

There were so many smal mosquitos in our room, our room view was very bad, bad bath(not clean)

Spacious, early check in, good bell boy, good reception staff.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

prefect location, nice hotel, value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the fact they had extra bed for my child on some of the rooms, and the rooms are big and not so tight compared to other hotels in the same area. the location of the hotel is perfect.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Valuable hotel with good location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom and air conditioner was poor

Location was very good, hotel was old and facilities was poor, also bathroom and air conditioner was poor and old.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The hotel was very bad
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff of the hotel was very bad and they are not respectful with us also the room service was very bad It was unfair that the hotel gets 4 stars 👎🏼

Only location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

perfect location for exploring Istanbul
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we wanted to have a beer on the roof around 7 pm, but the restaurant was not open; the indoor swimming pool is not very good

the view from the room and the restaurant is absolutely stunning

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Lovely Hotel right on Taksim Square
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

The Location was fantastic with everything within walking distance also our accommodation, we upgraded to a massive room with a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Lovely heated swimming pool inside the hotel, with Gym, Sauna and massage parlour. Fantastic breakfast with great views, the Restaurant is on the top floor.The free pickup up and drop off at Attaturk Airport was also a bonus.All the staff were great, can't fault anything and looking forward to our next stay at the Gonen Hotel Taksim. Loved everything about this Hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

A hotel in the center of Istanbul's hub life.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hospitality of the staff. Room clean, spacious and comfortable with good view of Istanbul. Proximity to Taksim Square, metro station and the very busy and active Istiklal Street. Good breakfast buffet. Swimming pool, gym, Turkish bath and sauna.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice location and good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No wifi for 2/4 days. Was told that They are working on that. No toilet brush and was not properly flushing. Bathtub was not cleaned during the whole stay, could see sticky red shampoo spots??? From the day one.

Beds were nice, Room was large

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Good Hotel with a fair facilities with a very good location
    • Connected Family Room

- The breakfast cost was too expensive per person , thus i didn't take it - The Hotel generally simple and not grand level , but it's very acceptable. - The Value for money is not good , i think it should be less amount for the long stay (more than 3 nights) that will be fair

- The Location was very nice and my stay was very comfortable - The room facilities were v.good and enough - The staff in the Hotel were very helpful - They provide us with a bus shuttle from / to the airport which was a very good effort

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Staying 3 nights at Taksim Gonen Hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

Poor Wi-Fi; exists but not working in the room, Room door lock and handle needs change; it create a lot trouble during stay,

Location and Staff excellent, friendly people trying to provide all essential comfort for the guests

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Great location, not bad service.
    • Deluxe Triple Room (1 Double + 1 Single Bed)

We booked smoking room and they gave us non smoking room then after a long arguing with them they said " ok smoke, but open the window please "

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Never ever!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Diry Towels, old furniture, dirty water heater, unfriendly staff at night ( the morning staff was ok), very very loud area, you hear everything from your neighbor even if he go to the toilet. Never ever this hotel

Nothing is good in this Hotel. Unbeliveable how they get a rate from 8.2 here...

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Excellent hotel to stay in
    • Connected Family Room

The stuff are amazing welcoming very nice everything is great, location excellent, food is great, the coffee shop n the hotel has tasty food, clean and nice 💕

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

A truly awful place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is all-around awful. The staff are aloof and incompetent. The TV has more than 100 channels--but none in English. The room had a "minibar"--totally empty. The atmosphere in the lobby is that of a Middle Eastern souk. This hotel should not be listed on Booking.com.

The location is ideal

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Great Stay. I will repeat Gonen again and Again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

The cleanliness of the room. It is ok but could be better.

Loved the location, the airport pick up and drop off. i always stay in Gonen and will not change it.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Location is at the Taksim Square
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- an incident with a receptionist called Murat caused me to not recommend this hotel. I had a surgery for 15 hours and came back hungry and tired, He refused to let the food delivery guy come up (even with hotel staff accompany him) which made me sleep that night starving.

Location is at the Taksim Square

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Every thing was great .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Every thing was great ... But one of the receptionist was very very rude ... Ididnt get his name but he said he is been there 6 years he knows what he is doing . well i hope not .

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

If you can forget about all the mentioned problems for a memory foam, stay there otherwise stay away from there.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The whole front office was extremely cold and rather rude as if they are doing you a favour letting you stay there. No bath. Shower Base was cracked. Dark and depressing decor. Cattle had limescale and mugs had coffee stains. Wc is so close to the wall, you keep pushing the wall in a hope you will be able to get an inch or 2 more of a space.

Only good thing the Memory Foam bed that was awesome

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Nice, nice, nice!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I travel on business. There was no comfortable chair to work in my room, no business centre in the hotel where I could sit and work. However, they tried to accommodate me by letting me use the floor A. Thank I had to ask them to turn on the lights and that took them 15 minutes to do but understandably, a security officer was asked to do that for me and my needs were not the priority of the security officer. There must be a solution for this problem in that great hotel where I am booked to go back for 2 days son by the way!

Everything was nice and dandy! Clean, quite and comfortable! Everything they promised with a great rate!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Book If Looking A Quality Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Short and simple review as to not complicate choice.....great staff, great rooms, great location and overall an excellent hotel!! Would highly recommend and I'll certainly use it again if back in Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Great staff.. real value for the money we spent..
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Hot Tub

Everything was awesome and magnificent.. we liked everything about our stay at this place..

Staff are very helpful. Specially Mr.Hassan and Mohamad.. made us feel at home.. for sure next visit we will be here again.. great value for money.. awesome breakfast and cheeese .. Never Miss That

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Great location - good value for money!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

Hotel rooms are a little bit dated & perhaps could do with a facelift/re-decoration? Having to climb in & out of the bath just to have a shower was a bit awkward so that should be looked at if rooms are ever renovated.

Convenient location to Taksim Square, neat & tidy rooms which were very clean, bed really comfortable so two good nights sleep were had, very helpful & friendly staff and above all, the free airport transfer was a real plus!

very convienent and comfortable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

some minor problems such as the left at the time did not go down to the lower levels namely the swimming pool and the Turkish bath

Staff are very helpful and location is excellent

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Location good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool too small and nit clean

Location good

Location , value for money

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Greate location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had two rooms andThe key doors were not working properly I had to go the reception few times to reactive them.

Greate location

The staff

Every thing

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

The best hotel comfortable &the staff allwayes smile and respect customers this hotel is my second home

Nice stay

Polite service staff Nicely hospitality

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location The staff was very friendly and helpful The room is precious The buffet is great

Very nice

All thing

Close distance to the Taksim sq.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Close distance to the Taksim sq. So comfy and lovely with polite staffs.

Breakfast, location and staff

Breakfast, location and staff

Comfortable and nice
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was fully booked the other day :(

Comfortable and nice location where you can find many resturants round the clock

Location is absolutely great.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is absolutely great.

Nice short 3 night stay

Elevator busy

Think again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff could have been more hospitable. It could have been more welcoming and organized.

Convenient location

Very good hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very good hotel. Exceptional location. Amazing staff.

Wont come back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Tight room, noisy hotel, poor breakfast

Nothing ... terrible

The location and the staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was big and fully booked but there was only two small elevators ..

The location and the staff

Very good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A little bit experience, no laundry near the hotel.

Good place, good staff, good WiFi, Very good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not modern design and can be cleaner

Bad experience

Nothing to like

Against the rate found nothing

Taksim gonen number 1
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Hot Tub

Great hotel near everything.. good service

it was very nice trip i have enjoyed a lot, the staff in the hotel are really very nice and kind

everything was awesome