Reviews of Taxim Hill Hotel

#1281 of 1,422 hotels in Istanbul

6.2

6.2

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

A depressing atmosphere and condition hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Darkness and poor lighting of the hotel and the room, lack of cleaness in the bathroom of the room, no soundproof, poor working condition air conditioner. and far expensive to deserve it.

The location of the Hotel is pretty good and central I was disappointed of the overall of but very disappointed of the inside of the hotel and the room itself. It’s absolutely opposite of what the pictures are in the booking website. Too dark hotel from inside in which l found it a depressing atmosphere, it looked like you actually entering a cave, even more the corridors and tge staairs are also dark with very poor lights. It’s give you a a scary feeling. The room which l got was disappointing, wasn’t at all the room l saw in the webside. Poor lighting, small, old furniture, air conditioner was very poorly working and stopped working, no clean condition bathroom. It was a appalling, l literally discussed myself taking shower, the fridge of the room was dirty as well as the carpet. If your priority is cleaness then l don’t recommend you this hotel. It was also noisy, as l can hear the next door room people talking. I paid £509 for a week it wasn’t worthed at all. I felt angry about it. I would never go back to this hotel at all. The only positive thing about this hotel was has helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Nice inspite of the problems
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a problem when first we arrived the help disk couldn't find our name and when i try to gave him my registration number he didn't listen. So i had to call booking customers care with international call which was unnecessarily expensise i had to pay then the guy re check using booking confirmation numbers and at last he apologized to us

I like the location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

A mistake that I would never forget
    • Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Extremely bad attitude staff Carpet is dirty Shower and toilet needs maintenance Noises cleaning service lady talking out loud all day, you can’t even sleep It should be a 1 star furnished apartment it’s not a hotel at all The hotel lacks Maintennace

Nothing to like about it, the hotel is dirty and extremely outdated with very bad staff My vacation was messed up because of this hotel Also airport shuttle didn’t arrive on time we had to take a taxi from the streets going back to the airport

Goooooood location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We got upgraded to big big room it was wonderful!!!! Breakfast not goood for this price that I pay you can get more out restaurants

Goooooood location

I would to thank the hotel for the generous hospitality.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would to thank the hotel for the generous hospitality. I was allowed early check-in and my room was upgraded to a luxurious suite. I was totally surprised and happy with the treat. Great friendly staff and amazing location. Thanks Takism Hill Hotel for the memorable stay!

Don't book!
    • Suite with City View

Everything. Very dirty place, broken elevator, staff are not helpful, we couldn't use the toilets or sleep on the dirty beds. Booked at another hotel after we saw the rooms (see pics).

Nothing. Very dirty place, broken elevator, we couldn't use the toilets or sleep on the dirty beds. Booked at another hotel.

Just good location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When i come to room i saw half shampoo in bathroom , and safty box was locked ii called 3 time to reception in 3 day no body come to handle it , when i order in booking.com i select twin bed but i saw 2 separate bed and when i asked frim staff nobody attention to me , realy this is not 4 star hotel maybe 1 or 2 ** this is my first disgusting experiance trip in my life ....😢😢😢😢 thanks booking.com🧐

Just good location

Reality is different than the pictures shown in booking
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reality is different than the pictures shown in booking Breakfast has basics foods Requested driver to go to airport but hotel failed to arrange at the requested time

highly UNCOMFORTABLE, DIRTY and POOR FOOD
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

their breakfast was below average, staff doesn't know how to talk English, the room service is pathetic. Whatever we asked them, they said we don't have like not even the drinking water at midnight. Thanks to the location that we would step out and get whatver we needed. Housekeeping is a nightmare, they didn't change our bedsheets during our 6 days stay even we asked them to. They didn't even fill the used sanitary products and yes sometimes they even don't bother to clean your room despite you pushed the room clean button and tell at the reception too. it is the worst place to stay at Taksim Square specially if you are with kids.

only and only the view from our window i.e., the Taksim square and location of hotel.

Very bad hotel with bad staffs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Every shift staff charges different amont for any additional charges without receipts and no justification, for example if they ask you for 100 tl after a while if u ask different staff is 50 tl or somtimes more then 100tl, the service is very bad no manners of talk or explaining the amount they are charging u, i have been to turkey 5 time in a year but never experienced this type with worst hotel in taxim, its bad that this loaction and this hotel has this staffs

Terrible hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very dirty rooms and hotel, staff were rude and unfriendly, prostitutes fighting at night with very loud voice with no interfere from hotel staff, beds are not comfortable and not clean, towels full of hair from previous guets, room's carpet full of popcorn from previous guets. We felt unsecure unsafe and couldn't sleep, and left after 2 sleepless nights to much better hotel.

Wrost experience ever on istanbul hotels !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was frustrated, when we reach the hotel, there was no one help us in the laugauge ! and there was stair no elevator to bring the lauauge from outside to reception. After check in: No water on the bathroom and they say the propblem on all central of istanbul, and about 1hour to come back ,, and i checked marmara hotel they have water, so they basically not honest with us in this regard, the wate comes on the evening. The service too poor when i call the recipetion asked them about the lockers 3 times then they come to me. The towels: not clean ! and no tissue on our room. Manager of reception: bad behavior. So the hotel was overratted !

I like only the location of this hotel.

Horrible
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didnt like at all the service,the welcoming is so poor, the team are so aggressive except the manager,rooms are so smelly, toilet shower is leacking all over the toilet, the sound of AC engine is horrible,there is no privcy at all u can feel the people with u in the room. For such an amazing location it should be better than what i excpect. Usually i go stay in the marmara takxim it is fantastic but this time i wanted to change to try new stay... when i did i tried to cancel it but it was none refundable, i was forced to stay otherwise I will cancel it, but for sure it wont be reapted.

Only the location of the hotel

BEST LOCATION IN ISTANBUL!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just a minor drawback at the late time of my checkin, as I was given a single room/single bed instead of the double room/double bed/individual occupancy as in the reservation contract, which was promptly solved by the very professional hotel staff, in the following morning.

Fantastically located, very good hotel, and excellent breakfast, in a terrace floor with the best view over Taksim Square and the Bosphorus! No need to add more adjectives...

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1st they gave me rooms without any windows, litrelly was a dark box room & they asked me to pay 300 TL for 3 night as extra charges for rooms with window. 2nd bathroom had water lickage & they didnt fix it for me, even didnt change the room. 3rd Stuff was extrimly roud, They tought that I don`t understand Turkish as I am holding Armenian passport & they were talking very badly about thier ARAB clinets, they waid the more we hate them the more they come to us. They even told me that the hotel is full of arabs & they are getting annoyed. While i was reception one of the stuff said very bad word to the arab women with smily face & she though he was talking nicely to her. I don`t recommend this hotel to anyone.

Location in perfect

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very dirty hotel .. unfriendly staff .. everything is damaged.. bad smell .. very old furniture and carpet is very dirty and old .. the house keeping is unfriendly..

I will not recommend to any of my friends or family
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The equipment in the room is not good, the safe box is not working even when I call the maintenance person he can not fix it, also the bathroom was horrible the shower leaking water from everywhere and the shower door is not working and the place very dirty, the towels are not clean the carpet in the room ground is soo dirty,

Only the location and internet connection is good and the staff was very helpful

Location is perfect, directly on Taksim square in front of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Spots on bed sheets and towels. Old warn out towels and bed sheets. House keeping don't clean properly. We booked 2 rooms long before arrival, called the hotel on the arrival day and confirmed we will arrive at nigh and need additional child bed, arrived at night to get 2 rooms on 1st floor with old dirty towels and bed sheets, dirty floor and some sort of liquid spilled around one of the table lamps with lots of ants around it. Night shift staff helped in finding 1 proper bed sheet, but no insects repellant of any sort, so we cleaned it with tissues. Morning Staff don't solve problems or fulfill requests unless the front desk manager (mr. Volcan) or order them to do. House keeping lady took the new towels (when the manger changed it for us) and replaced it with old teared ones again. We took 2 rooms for 11 nights and they gave us the only 2 rooms that have blocked view (open the curtains and you only see walls and AC units are directly on your window, sun light coming from above only) although people arrived next day took better rooms on other floors. Also they leave the hotel gate opened so you smell a lot of cigarette smoke due to many people standing around the hotel. And the hotel don't have any parking, you can only park in the steep street beside it or in the next hotel parking place for 27 TL per day.

Location is perfect, directly on Taksim square in front of the subway station entrance. 3 minutes walk from bus stations and taxis are available day & night beside the hotel. The night-shift reception staff and bill-man are friendly, we arrived late at night and they tried to change towels and provide extra matress for the child, but only morning shift can provide dry towels and child bed.

Not satisfied
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Front desk staff ask for 20.00 Euro more because I come with my son and when I check out they didn't gave me invoice and when I ask for invoice they gave it only 57.00 Euro without reminding the extra 20.00 Euro and finally when I told them why you didn't include the 20.00 Euro they gave me the same 57.00 Euro and separated receipt by 20.00 Euro

Good but needs cleaning
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty furniture and carpets , no housekeepers in the afternoon , no floor drainer in the toulet which keeps it always wet Very bad view for our rooms

Location and staff especially Mohd who was so cooperative and cares about guests satisfaction

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The location only
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

-The room key they open it for one day even they knows we are staying 7 days. So we have to ask them everyday to program the keys. -We have to ask them water for drink every day. -The house keeping they ring the doorbell even the light of don't disturb is working.

The location only

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

I will not book at the same place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

service is poor room is dark bathroom is very small and poor towels are not enough no welcome water very slow in providing service and sometimes they ignored my request

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Not going back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows had blood staines on them, the towels had black staines on them, bed was not comfortable it hurted my back, the hotel is too dim

The location was the only bonus

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Only Good Location and View and accessibility nothing else
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

i did not like the room service way of handling and facilities and money value and slow request response from reception and AC was not working and even the restaurant breakfast is poor varity

i like the location only and Restaurant View

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

I wouldn't recommend it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to change my room three times, the room I booked turned out to be depressing with the view of the central A/C units. No room service, no 24/7 housekeeping, no facilities at all.

Location is not great, it's at the heart of Taxim square

Good place to stay in Taksim!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room service and front desk didn't answer their phone when I needed them. Interior design isn't nice.

Hotel was right on Taksim Square. Location was excellent. Price is good.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The location was top
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff tried hiding stuff out of the minibar and then charging you but the money wouldnt go into there till it would go into there pocket

The location was top

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Do not stay here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The price of the mini bar, the rudeness of the staff and the total disregard they had, and the maids stole money from the rooms and when we went to reception about they just brushed it off

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

high rates, rooms small, not 4 star hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

rooms soo small, very high room rates, breakfast is soo poor, very old style hotel no lights in lobby and also in rooms this hotel is not 4 star

only good Location

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very bad ,, dirty
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Every thing old ,, dirty bed sheets,, no air condition,, we called them to fix it but they didn’t listen,,

Very bad ,, dirty

The location it is perfect, the hotel team are friendly

The location it is perfect, the hotel team are friendly

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location and staff very kind.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location and staff very kind.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Perfect loctaion

Perfect loctaion

a Vivid nightmare
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We didn't like anything! We had to beg to clean our room!!!

Nothing is to like! Just a great location

when i went for breakfast i saw that some dish and cup and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

when i went for breakfast i saw that some dish and cup and glass was dirty while they put them on the table for use

location is super, staf, clearness and breaqfast -poor

Dirty room , no response staff

Hotel was super dirty

Cleanliness was horrible

Hotel was super dirty

location to me is very good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

rooms and walkways are not clean as carpet is dirty and coffee spills all over

eggs are fine but the bed was not that much comfortable

It was a gr8 stay and i will always chose this hotel 🤩

Taymur was very helpful.

Taxim Hill Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Night reception are rude and not responding

Location is wonderful near to every thing , the room view was amazing u pay for the location

Not clean, but it has the better location in Istanbul

It has to be more clean

Good location.

Cleanliness not upto expectation

No Ironing facilities and charged 15 TL to iron one shirt. Very high

Vey dirty hotel!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's very dirty, I would never stay there again!!

Location only

cem is the bwst

elvator was scary

a big scam going on over their with a bad hospitality and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

a big scam going on over their with a bad hospitality and dirty rooms

Horrible
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was horrible dirty rooms smelly and the staff are very rude.

Only location

dirty carpet

We had wonderful vacation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was good , room was nice and staff where helpful and friendly

The room cold ,no heater

Every thing

Internet too slow lobby bit too dark

Internet too slow lobby bit too dark

Was not clean

Worst staff and service ever
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff not helpful and rude and when I asked them to bring something for example I asked for ice they said okay then they ignored me

Not clean,no services

Cleaning

Location only was good

Cleanliness

Location was good

The room price was marvelous and the location

The decorations old

Hotel location is the best thing

Very nice

There are less facilities

Weather, restaurants

Very bad , never go there
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff and room and property is 0 star .

Very dirty and bad staff just stay there for one night and I left the hotel and book other hotel .

Hotel location
    • Suite with City View

The cleanliness

Hotel location

Room cleaners talking outside in hallway at 9am

Baad wi-fi, staff, The place wasnt exactly the same as in...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Baad wi-fi, staff, The place wasnt exactly the same as in the photos.

Browse Taxim Hill Hotel traveller photo gallery