Reviews of The Marmara Sisli 4 stars

#947 of 1,422 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The location was quiet good,
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I arrived at hotel at midnight, the bed sheets were used, after that i called the reception where at first I was offered a smoking room at first floor saying that there is no free other room, as I did not accept it, they offered a new room at the same floor (10th). The guy at the reception at 29th of September at midnight was rude.

The location was quiet good,

In check out I asked the resipution if I can keep my bag in...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

I came in afternoon but I didnt find the resipution staff there was lougage guy and he made payment for one night and asked me for other night payment.

In check out I asked the resipution if I can keep my bag in resipution he said ok without informaing about bag ticket later I came but unfortunately my bag was took to airport by mistake ! And asked to pay taxi fee !

Overall, you get what you paid for, the location was...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

The carpet in my room was clearly old and not clean, there were spots burned with cigarettes and it was yet kept and not replaced.

Overall, you get what you paid for, the location was excellent within walking distance to Civahir shopping Mall and local restaurants, pharmacies, money exchange stores and supermarkets, the rooms are relatively small and the building looks like it has been renewed, the staff were there when needed and yes would recommend the Hotel to friends or couples for it's reasonably priced rooms to what they offer.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

the room was comfortable and had a nice view.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the A/C wasn't working well and it was quite hot in the room

the room was comfortable and had a nice view. It was cleaned well everyday. It was cozy, compact with a good style.

Bad 5 days stay at marmara, Rooms Are Way Small.

The room is SMALL, the price is too high for a 4 star hotel, bathroom is designed in a very bad way, room carpet wasn't clean, Air Condition was hardly working, sea view room is just .... I feel like i was coned by Booking Pics of this hotel, I hated my stay at this hotel because the room was TRASH.

Staff is very helpful, Vale is superb, and location is great.

i do not think so , that i will be looking for the same hotel next time .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1- Apparently , my room was re designed as it was apart of other room , so , the partition wall with other room was built by weak material which allowing the sounds from other room to be heard such as toilet and water flush .... etc .Furthermore , they were carrying out the maintenance work in the other room at 10 am ! drill machine .... etc . 2 - The breakfast is poor and limited items . 3- The toilet size approx. 1.3 mtr * 1.2 mtr ! 4 - NO room view as requested ! I DO NOT KNOW IF ALL THE ABOVE COMMENTS ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE ROOMS IN THE HOTEL OR NOT . THANKS

hotel location and security

I till you
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is very excellant near cevoir mall and crrefour but team work problem the first need to take money two times then make check in with room people inside then change it that never occure in any hotel in the world. Get me up in 10 oclock to make check out i refuse that.

I till you

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Actually i didn’t love the hotel at all

Very small room even there is no enough space for the bags, small bed , all of the hotel look old with some retouch to look new😐

Actually i didn’t love the hotel at all

The hotel located in very quite area and close to metro...

I don’t like the rooms and toilets it seems gust renovated. Toilet door without lock hotel is not seems as 4 stars hotel where’s pips for smoke detectors/fire sprinklers and light are visible. Carpet are not very clean and seems old. My room was very small had no wardrobe. When I arrived at hotel the passage near elevator has very strong paint smell. However, i will advise the property owner to improve the room quality

The hotel located in very quite area and close to metro station about 150 meter. There is supermarket and other shops + small kids play ground + the price of fruit and other goods fair compared to Taksim and other tourists area Generally the property location is fantastic. Almost you can find your daily needs from within 2 minuets from you. Staff generally are welcoming staff Generally my family was very happy with the location

Good location for beeing close to the center/sea by...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

After having one day a car parked in front of the hotel there where scratches on the fender.

Good location for beeing close to the center/sea by metro. The township (part of Istanbul) is a good one.

Perfect Modern Very Clean Place in the heart of Istanbul.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Staff is very helpful and friendly, rooms are very clean and perfectly set up, you can leave your car in front of the hotel with a valet around. Location is perfect. Most certainly will be coming back.

Do not wanr to be treated like this bt gotel staff. Stay away !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I put 8000 doaalrs in the safety deposit box in my room when i arrived. When i went t open it it would not open. The combination has been changed. I contacted the hotel security and they had to force it open. 300 dollars was missing from the safe. The hotel staff were unhelpful and rude. They were unwilling to help find out what had happened. To have money stelen from my room and to be treated with such disdain , arrigance and downright rudeness was humiliating and disappointing strangly they did not want to call the police. Make of that what you will. I know what i think happened!!! Do not go to this hotel. Stay away and keep your monry safe!!!

WORST NIGHTMARE
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

That’s a classic example of how a nice hotel can easily become the worst nightmare because of the staff. First, I picked an offer with NO pre payment before my arrival and they actually took one night charge even before my last day of free cancellation. They shouldn’t have touched my money at all. I sent an email and NO a reply from them. When I arrived a receptionist called Erdinç has been super aggressive and rude, shouting at me coming close to my face. No explanation has been given regarding my payment. I checked in and in my room I found BLOOD STAINS on the carpet. Blood. So unhealthy and disgusting! The second room they showed me was super dirty with coffee stains all over. Third room was decent. First day, they forgot to restock the shampoo and bath shower gel, forgot to take away a fruit platter with black bananas- imagine the smell of fruit with the heating on. Second day, the electricity was gone. No one speaks English at this hotel, so when I complained about it the answer I got from the most unprofessional receptionist has been: are you the queen of England? Cuz I’m the king of turkey. When I called again to understand where the technician was the reply from the same person has been: in London. DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL if you want to enjoy your stay in Istanbul.

Close to the metro.

Location, simple and sleek design.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Small rooms. Sink was in the middle of the room. There is a mosque next to the hotel that wakes you up very early in the morning.

Location, simple and sleek design. Friendly staff.

Not' recommended. Staff nice but hotel not so.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room small. Carpet dirty. Dark and dinged corridors. Damp on ceiling. Toilet flush so noisy, Could hear it from other rooms.extremely noisy doors banging closed. Would not stay there again or recommend it to anyone. Sorry.

Good location, walk distance to subway station.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room could be a little bit bigger. Room was hot and the window cannot be fully opened.

Good location, walk distance to subway station. Fast internet connection. City view.

It was ok because the hotel was close to metro in sisli but the ratio price/cleaning is unacceptable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Too much noisy, old fashioned rooms, noisy neighbors and sometimes not respectful, furnitures in the rooms were not properly clean as well the tiles in the bathroom

Kindness and availability of people in the property,

Average hotel
    • Weekend Delight

The room was dirty there were stain on the floor. After 2 times when i said that to staff they act and gave me second room which are not good. They english is poor. They said that i will get breakfast in the room but nothing happened. For my experience if you dont know where to stay and dont have much options choose this for average money. Best regards

The staff were reachable in every moment

- The city view.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- The room was non-smoking one yet some pillow smelt a subtle level of smoke. - Shower area was a bit cramped.

- The city view. - Bed comfort. - Exceptionally central location (Close to subway & metrobus station yet in a silent back-street). - Ceiling and room decoration. - Cleanliness of the room. - LGBT friendly.

it was ok but the delay on arranging for taxi make us uppset
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the receptionist were very rude,they kept us waiting for more than an hour to get us a car to the air port they kept saying coming we were about to miss our flight then we start arranging and call uper

near to public transport, near to javaher mole , clean

Be Aware
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The way they charged my credit card. I was double charged about three times the cost of stay. Although they promised to solve the problem but till now 30 days has elapsed and nothing has happened. I am unhappy with the customer service of Booking.com who also failed to solve the problem. Booking.com should reconsider its published rule of "your credit card will not be charged till you check-in" because the hotel charged me 2 days before I check-in and 1 day before the free cancellation date, knowing the fact that the charge was a full sale not a pre-authorization.

The staff are friendly and polite

• Special Group Package Offer - 3 Superior Double or Twin Rooms

Rooms are very small, toilets are very very small and inconvienet ! Not so clean. i thought there will be a connection room for my family but it's not available as described in booking !

Good for short stays
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are too small, I also didn't like the rooms toilets, where they are not isolated in a room but there is only a glass sliding door separating the bed and the toilet. Other thing, I noticed they will not change the used towels unless requested, even though if you throw them in the floor. They'll hang it back up for you. You have to request to change them daily.

The location of the hotel is excellent, where it's near to all the restaurants and shops. Also, the great value for money is one of the attractive aspects of this hotel. Their staff were friendly and helpful too, and the internet connection was good as well.

A very different kind of hotel with views and art all around! Recommended

Location is in a busy area with constant movement which can be tiring whenever you wish to come to the hotel. Because it is at one end of the Sisli, it requires some time to get from the airport.

Antique design Room with a view Comfortable Beds Close to the local market

Be patience and stay calm if you are not from Arabia :-)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel management runs his business obviously only based on the needs of customers from Arabia. The bar closes 2h more early than official opening times with the excuse that most customers are from Arabia who won't drink alcohol - or even anything else at a "late time" - very disappointing if you are not from Arabia :-)

The hotel staff are very friendly, very helpful and always ready to help as needed. - Ask for Sibel - she is the angel (one of them) of the Hotel ~

Very central and comfortable hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet connection was not the best. In fact, when I wanted to use the PC in the business center and the connection was extremely low. The printer was not working either.

Very central and comfortable hotel.

Good Location if want to visit Istanbul
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

our reservation was cancelled without email notification. we had to wait in the lobby until one room was free .. however they accepted our request to make early checkin at 9.30 AM we didn't like the fact that the blanket was too small for 2 persons..

wifi signal was good, we enjoyed that our room was cleaned every day and towels + bed sheets changed each time we've wanted to

Friendly atmosphere
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Plenty of dogs in front of the hotel in the street

Friendly staff especially the lady who checked me in and out I faced some inconvenience with third party she helped to solve it in excellent matter

it wasn't good as I expected
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the area of the room it was little also the door of the bathroom it doesn't work so there is no privacy in the bathroom cause it doesn't close

the breakfast was delicious also the location of the hotel it's near to many restaurants and a big mall

Good location and overall comfort
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

Booked no smoking room almost 2 weeks in advance however hotel management not prepared well and gave us smoking room. When we asked to change reply was not professional. Receptionist told us that there is no room available we should accept the room as smoking. Hotel should consider our requests. Even linens were smelling.

Good location and overall comfort

A comfortably short getaway
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bath towels could be much better, breakfast could have a wider range and also the room temperature could be cooler even when the A/C is working!

Comfort and quietness Walking distance from good snack bars and great shopping mall

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Value for money friendly staff and management
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I upgraded to smoking room in accordance with my approval but i will never choice a smoking room again in my life. It was the first time and never happen again i hope.

Free upgrade due to request and was a charming compliembt from the management.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

please give people more desicription of room they book
    • Special Group Package Offer - 3 Superior Double or Twin Rooms

you said its best choice for ur family but it was not because i mentioned to you the age of my kids and you gave me the option of 3 rooms but you did not tell me the are not connected together. and they have separate door so how can i leave a year kid in a room which i can not hear him if he needed any thing at mid night for example.actually that was very bad option you as booking.com gave me

simple room but comfortable

Excellent Hotel Great Location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I stay in this hotel often. I love it there. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. When I come to Istanbul which is almost every 6 weeks. This is my first choice of hotel. They even have my favorite room 1102 which I stay in which they always save for me. Joanne Tucker London

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Not Good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was not polite, even there were availible rooms on Booking.com at the same day, we were called twice for checkout in the morning. Rooms are all noisy. During the night, we noticed that due to the couple watching horror movie next room, we had nightmares because of the sounds. (In short, rooms were not soundproof.) I have been to more than 40 hotels in my lifetime and it was the only one having lavatory next to your bed.

Modern design of hotel. Mr Bahadir in the information desk.(the only polite staff) Location.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Very Pleased with our stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room could have been warmer. There was a big water leak in the bathroom one evening when we came back, it was unexpected but they soon upgraded us and took care of it.

The staff were friendly and always ready to help. Location perfect. The room was comfortable. Everything was good.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

The Hotel is well located and confortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff deserves 0 point for their attitude toward the guests especially the brunette recepcion girl she was very rude to us. She sems to hate her job and made us hate the hotel. I was planing to come back as the location was convenient for my job but never to return again, because i would not want to deal with such an arrogant person

The Hotel is well located and confortable

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

need to be improved
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

-AC not cooling only heating/ they will provide you a fan if required but it was not enough for me -Toilet and shower room were very small -The floor was not clean -locker was not working

-Location -Staff -Internet

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

As the hotel is on the hill, the view was amazing even from...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

As the hotel is on the hill, the view was amazing even from the fourth floor, but it probably depends on the side your room will be. My room was very calm -- being a light sleeper, I usually can't have windows open due to street noise, but here it was fine. The worst noise was the "signing" seagulls. The style is quite interesting -- I liked the feeling of 1950's. Still, everything was either new or really well renovated. Was shocked to find a free cell phone in the room with unlimited local calls and internet -- if I didn't have my local sim, I would certainly appreciate this! Not sure if it is available in all rooms (mine was superior twin). The location of the hotel is quite convenient, 10 min walk from Cevahir mall and Sisli metro station; there are plenty of shops and small restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Dissapointed for the first time here!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I think they have changed their chef-- food offered by the room service was poor. Very poor breakfast. The receptionists - especially Sibel- would normally upgrade your room if they have availability. This time they did not! I was dissapointed as I am a frequent customer.

Location. Staff. They let me check in as early as 7 am!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

If not for the temperature issue during my most recent stay, I'd give this hotel a higher score.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I found my room too warm this time and adjusting the heating/air con control made no difference at all. I reported this on the morning of my second day, then again the day after. Having heard nothing, on the third day, I reported it one more time and was told that the central system was set to heating rather than air con at that time of the year. This has never been a problem at any other time of the year and so I'll probably give this place the benefit of the doubt and stay there again. However,I was disappointed that no one had got back to me to inform me about the situation and also because I believe a 4-star hotel really does have an obligation to provide guests with rooms at a comfortable temperature, together with the capacity to adjust it according to individual preference.

I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. It's in quite a convenient location with a Metro station fairly close by and lots of buses. I find the staff friendly and the room comfortable. I also like the fact that they treat the street dogs well.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Hotel was in a great location, nice people and Absolutely...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel was in a great location, nice people and Absolutely great value

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

I like my stay and wish to do it again

Crowded area some times

The room window view

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Location, staff

Location, staff

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

I will near go to this hotel

Location & in said hotel

The hotel not in Şişli

good

quit area Cleanness

Small rooms

Small rooms

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

good , but can be better if above is taking care
    • Special Group Package Offer - 3 Superior Double or Twin Rooms

A/C needs to be better , cleaning by Hoover is not on a daily basis !

good location , cooperating staff ( Orhun ) ,

The design was so good

Not clean enough, the water was leaking on the floor.

The design was so good

The hotel is in very quite area

The hotel is in very quite area

wifi is very slow and hard to connect in some rooms

wifi is very slow and hard to connect in some rooms

The managers is not cooperative

The managers is not cooperative

Location, accesible by metro (in a walking distance),...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location, accesible by metro (in a walking distance), spacious and practical room

Staff, location

Smell of cigarettes

Staff, location

2 stars
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning was terrible

Good shopping area

I do not recomnd this hotel to any one

I do not recomnd this hotel to any one

Air conditioning is very bad
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning is very bad And they tell us that will be fixed and nothing done

جيد جدا

جيد جدا

The room was very hot and could only be cooled by opening...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was very hot and could only be cooled by opening the window and the room door. The food was poor and lacked taste.

Small room and non available brushing teeth
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location was so good not in main road close to carfor market...
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed

It's old hotel but it's renewed need

Location was so good not in main road close to carfor market good for family

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Amazing location friendly stuff comfortable room

Good stay and recommended to all
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the center

Staffs are so friendly and the property are very clean

Good

Just price

Good place good staff

Good value for money, nice hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Carpet seems old and dirty

Good value for money. Rooms are nice and clean

Location, view, staff, bar
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location, view, staff, bar

• Double Room with Sofa Bed

Location is very near to Metro and bus station . Also near to Cevahil Shopping Centre

Fabulous

Excellent location
    • Suite with Spa Bath

Old furniture

Location Perfect staff esp. mr.Ehsan

A great place for resting and refreshing

Our selected room was very small for 3 person

The design of building , dicipline of the hotel, its location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was too cold...

It is in a good lication

It is in a good lication

Very friendly staff, great location perfect hotel for...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff, great location perfect hotel for Istanbul

Browse The Marmara Sisli traveller photo gallery