Reviews of The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul at the Bosphorus 5 stars

Suzer Plaza, Askerocagi Caddesi, No:6 Elmadag/Sisli , 34367 Istanbul, Turkey

#185 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Superior Room

This is a 5 star hotel with great facilities and excellent customer service. The buffet breakfast is wonderful. Highly recommend this hotel in prime location.

• Superior Room

This is not the Ritz Carlton I know. Many unfortunate incidences. 1. There were very noisy constructions onsite daily from 10 am to 4 pm. We were not informed before checking in and nothing was mentioned about that on the website 2. On the second day of our stay we received a notice that there will be no tap water supply to the room between 10 am to 4 pm, so we had to make arrangements to be outside the hotel at that time 3. On the 3rd day there was a sudden outage of tap water supply to the room between 10 am to 4 pm without prior notice. That was a nice sudden surprise. Again, we had to make arrangements to be outside the hotel at that time. To be fair, they waived the charge of one night because of that, but it was not worth all the inconveniences 4. At breakfast , we tried over 4 days to get a seat at the window, but they kept telling us they were reserved. Sometimes we would finish our breakfast and leave at the end of breakfast time and tables ( supposedly reserved) were still unoccupied . Later I found out that tables are reserved for the people who tip. Food selection was not good and was repeated everyday. For Muslim customers, be aware, they serve pork at breakfast ( bacon from pork) Overall, it was not a pleasant experience

Staff of the club lounge very helpful and dedicated to what they do

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

I did not get my loyalty points due to I made my booking via The Booking.com. It's a pity isn't it?!

The Ritz Carlton is THE Ritz Carlton! Great service everywhere: the reception, bell boys, bars, restaurant etc. The room was great spacious enough and cozy at the same time. The bed was simply excellent.

• Superior Room

because it is next door to an sport arena, when they're matches all the area is closed by the police for security reasons, so you cannot get a taxi. The hotel should prevent this situation and try to inform the clients in advance or provide special transportation for those who have to catch a flight

the staff is very polite

• Superior Room

They think they are more intelligent than the rest and we cannot tell the deference between rooms

I suppose to take superior room what I got is normal one

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

It was a luxury stay with a well trained staff. I would like to thank the house keeping manager for listening to our comments and providing our needs immediately. Also, Iould like to thank Lutfi (bell boy on the gate) for his special sevices. I will strongly recommend this hotel for everyone travels to Istanbul.

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

WE WANTED TO EXTEND OUR STAY FOR EXTRA 4 DAYS FOR 3 ROOMS BUT WE RECEIVED A RATE OF MORE THAN DOUBLE SO WE DID NOT EXTEND IT. BREAKFAST WAS VERY SIMPLE FOR A 5 STAR HOTEL.

EVERYTHING SPECIALLY THE STAFF WHO WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT.

• Superior Room

Walking up the hill to be in Taqsim square. Need to walk around for 10-15 min to reach any grocery store or shops. Metro station is far from the location (Taqsim Station) the nearest location. Rooms need to be renovated.

Very comfortable beds, friendly staff, the view from the room is amazing, spacious room and classic.

• Superior Room

Exceptional service, staff food and facilities. Breakfast variety is excellent and staff always willing to assist you. Everything you would expect from a 5 ***Hotel.

• Superior Room

beyond the high quality of the rooms and food, the specific strength of this hotel is the staff. They are all so nice and committed. They are ready and happy to help you. Smile, courtesy and availability. Just great !

• Superior Room

As a genius account I was expected to have late checkout. The personal said that they don't have this availability. The personal didn't know if my reservation was with breakfast included or not and I had to show them my booking confirmation. The parking in the hotel is paid additional for not much money, but it looks strange for me.

Everything was as I expected to be in Ritz Carlton.

• Superior Room

The last day was not very good , I have asked for someone to come and collect the luggage waited for 20 minutes they forgot about it then call again and told them it is 4 pieces they came without trolley then by the time of leaving they mixed the suitcases with some other rooms and by coincident I saw one of my suitcase is about to leave with another taxi.

The area and the environment in general .

• Superior Room

bad service not like last time I visited, construction ongoing in the hotel and I couldn't get a good night sleep, I would advise they inform us that construction is ongoing so we book another hotel. Also there was a water issue for a few days upon my arrival

• Superior Room

1) They were making renovations on the floor above us and it really disturbed our vacation. The manager gave us a free massage as a compensation, which was nice , but they should have informed guests about the renovation before booking. 2) the place was relatively isolated and you need to take a cab or over to go to most things. 3) they are sharing the building with another hotel which really confused the Uber drivers every time we head back and I think it just ruins the Ritz reputation sharing a building with a no name hotel.

Clean and has good amenities as any 5 star hotel should be

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

Location is good, but because of the closeness to the Besikstas stadium, getting there during game nights with Taxi is a real nightmare.

The amiability of the staff, very helpful, very nice, very eager to please. Quality of the service and facilities. The gym is very good and the facilities around it are excellent.

• Superior Room

During our stay they had an issue with the water . Having said that they handled it in a great way, they informed guests and offered the spa bathrooms/showers

I loved the location and the staff were really nice and friendly. They had this really nice winter drink in the lobby salp ( milk with cinnamon) it was really delicious

• Superior Room

There was construction everywhere in the hotel and very noisy . The construction was literally the room above me . I couldn’t rest or sleep well. This is unacceptable

• Superior Room

The reception is the best I have ever experienced in my various travels. Mr. Sahin especially was able to put a smile on my wife after a disastrous start to our honeymoon.

• Superior Room

The hotel charged us extra as a deposit without informing us , but canceled it as soon as I told them that any extra charge we would pay on spot . The bathroom shower could have been a bit cleaner .

The location for the hotel was great , within walking distance from Taksim square and the Bosphorus . The breakfast was so yummy with a lot of options , and the view we had while having breakfast was beautiful . The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious , the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful . The hotel was very secure , I felt very safe there .

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

One of the best hotel I have ever stayed! I came to Turkey to got married in the Bosphorus. My in laws from USA and they wanted to stay at ritz we are so pleased with the service we received staff was very friendly and professional. The Hotel location is just perfect we enjoyed every second of our stay they have tried to make us feel special during our stay. We are so thankful!

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

Staff were very friendly and helpeful Rooms were very clean Food was amazing at all hotel facilities Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a nice stay

• Superior Room

Location is not ideal if you like to be in the heart of things but actually it was nice to be away from the bustle in the evening and Taksim Square is only a 5-10m walk away if you want some crowds.

Most hospitable, gracious and friendly staff - they were amazing from the moment we walked in to the moment we left. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Bed was large and very comfortable. Loved the showers.

• Superior Room

none - everthing worked very well

staff was firendly and always willing to help. Every request was met with great professionalism. Concierge service was excellent

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

I have a bad experience in the last day There was a trial of withdrawal of my credit card @4;50am

Nothing to mention Everything was as my expectations

Guest relations are amazing, they put the Ritz touch and made my children feel at home from the moment we checked in. Oleksandra went all out and spread our family pictures throughout the suite and placed a birthday cake for my son. We loved the place and the location and the staff are really what sets it apart from other hotels.

• Executive Bosphorus Suite

Our stay was nothing short of spectacular. Level of care and attention by staff was incredible. The chef, Durmus, even prepared speciality Turkish dishes for our breakfast and everyone assisted us with a most friendly and courteous manner. Such a wonderful experience.

• Superior Room

Pork was served there which was quite surprising as it's a Muslim country

Staff was very friendly and helpful and excellent indoor and out door pool suana and gym and room was good sized.

• Superior Room

The room was nothing special, old and low quality. But the worst part is that at the check out we were grossly overcharged stuff we never used. CAREFUL when checking out, they tried billing me around 80% more than the agreed price. But after noticing it, they removed the extra charges.

• Superior Room

The warm welcoming and the amazing friendly atmospher from the whole staff accompanied with purpose of making our stay as exceptional and cozyas possible. An exta gratitude goes to the guest services manager Çigdem Bora for the great job from the day of arrival till the day of departure. Thanks Ritz-Carlton, definitely will come back!

• Superior Room

No issues. We arrived when there was a football match about to be played at the stadium which the hotel overlooks and there was a slight understandable delay getting to the hotel.

Location - Very close to the Dolmabahçe Sarayi (500metres) and 1000metres from the Kabatas tram Station which will take you right to Sultanahmet via tram. Hotel - Staff were so friendly, especially our concierge and Ozan (head waiter) and his staff. Found a great deal on Booking and had a very pleasant stay. Child friendly people. Will return as three days in Istanbul is just scratching the surface of the city.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Superior Room

The outdoor pool was still closed even though the weather was nice enough for a swim. The spa closed at 10 PM so we didn't get to try it

The staff was extra friendly and helpful The lounges in the hotel were nice and well priced

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Superior Room

A good 10 minute awkward walk to get anywhere due to highways, streets and being in a hill.

Hotel facilities, security, breakfast and staff were all excellent. Staff opened outside spa deck just for my partner to use.

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

The welcome from staff was superb - we felt like VIPs! We were upgraded, and given complimentary drinks whilst the room was being checked. No one could do enough for us throughout our stay, and we had an amazing first time in Istanbul as a result. The views from the room were outstanding - well worth paying the extra for. Huge comfortable bed and good wifi throughout the hotel.

• Superior Room

The SPA could be better the sauna and steam room were not that hot we ordered ahammam it was better at other hotels with the same category

wonderful hotel kind staff helpful clean niceview perfect location

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Executive Park Suite

I asked to have the alcohol removed from the mini bar and it was not upon my arrival.

The hotel exceeded every expectation I had: staff, facilities, everything was better than I have ever experienced. Truly an extraordinary experience.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

The hotel room was rather dated and have seen better days. Spa facilities and service certainly not deserving of their so-called 5 star service.

The front counter staff went above and beyond to ensure you had a good stay.

• Superior Room

the price of I3 Electric BMW which suppose to be promoting people to use it for environment protection, but 4 hours rate of I3 was equal to one week rent of a nice car.

extremely friendly staff!!! Mr. Kenan is the most professional hotel manager that I've met!!!

• Superior Room

Toilet seat had urine stains on the outside that were not noticed throught my stay. Room cleaning was too frequent and involved only restocking and tidying up, without dusting and wiping. Room had an espresso machine but not a kettle. Kettle provided had a bit or rust, so I ended up requesting a pot of hot water every day to make my coffee. Breakfast buffet was too expensive at 40 euros/day!

Cleanest bed sheets I ever experienced! Very nice view from the window. Roomy and well-maintained.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Superior Room

The location is not that friendly. You have to climb for a bit to reach the nearest shop. At night, I guess someone would not feel safe walking alone in a dark and quit area.

Location is okay'sh. Service is great. The best part is their breakfast, refreshing and delicious. It was included.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

The furniture inside the room it's old

The Ritz Carlton was just amazing the hotel location ,the view from the room this hotel is the best and the most thing that o like about Ritz the staff everyone is smiling and helpful and fluent in English

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Connecting Family Room with Partial Bosphorus View

1- Swimming pool water was cold. 2- Hammam Sultan was not available for mans becouse the person who do it was female not a male. 3- Limited food options for the room services and the hotel restaurant " they dont have many options for Turkish traditional food. 4- Bad traffic when we entire or leave the hotel. 5- One of the restaurant was received for a private party so we could not eat dinner at it, and we go to the other restaurants who provid the room dining "limited options".

1-Friendly staff from front desk "Mr.Murad, Mr.Kenan, Miss.Oglen and the entrance staff" to the room cleaner every one was welcoming. 2-Quite area becouse its far from the bazars and markets " near to Taqseem area". 3- Room size was good ( I booked the family deluxe room it was 2 connected room one big bed size and the second was twin bed ) they even provide me with 2 roling bed for my 2 second kids and it fit the room. 4- The room cleaner staff (Yusif) every day he but a chocolate pices on the bed after he fix it :) " it was a nice touch of the hotel".

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Executive Park Suite

The reception were not this welcoming at beginning and after I made a complain to head office as a golden elite member things changed to better and front desk manager met me and she was nice and supportive

The luxury and the high standard

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Room

*Location👎🏻 On top of the hill so its very hard to walk around *Smoking within non smoking aria👎🏻 *Having desco party in the room net door👎🏻

Staff is very frendly Clean rooms and hotel Food is great

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior Room

In case you want to be right inside the most touristic area, have a look at a hotel in Sultanahmet area - in case you don't mind some cab trips, ignore this sentence. The female hamam was not properly working when my wife visited it.

Very friendly personnel: from reception, over the concierge team (I'd like to especially mention Serkan and Gökhan - thanks for all the help!), to the spa team, the doormen, security, housekeeping and everyone else I forgot. You made our stay very very pleasant! Great views too, the higher your room is, the better!

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

Amazing, supporting and friendly staff and excellent service. Hotel facilities stunning, room comfort and cleanness at a very high level! I would warmly recommend this hotel to whoever wants to have the best Istanbul Experience.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Superior Room

I like how the staff deal with guests .. they are so welcome and super friendly 😁.. I wish that I know there name's so I can review them one by one .. If I decide one day to come back to this hotel .. they will be one of my reasons ..

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Superior Room

Communication on services such as the SPA and booking appointments. Confused and messed up the reservation for my guests.

Location and the staff were awesome

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Superior Room

The staff are very nice, they clean rooms twice a day. Nice and quiet place, near to vamous places. Room view was amazing and i like the "sahlab"" in the reception 😉 Thank you

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Superior Room

The rooms are old fashioned and the carpets are too old, renavation needed at rooms

Both reception and lobby bar staff are well trained and happy to asist guests The location is perfect

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Superior Room

Although the hotel is located in a central area, the building is on an elevated ground (up hill). So expect to walk up the hill with 10-15% incline.

This is a true 5 star hotel in the international standard. The sevrvise, cleanliness, staff etc. The staff were very friendly and tried thier best to accommodate requests. The complementary in-room espresso machine was lovely for coffee lovers. The concierge team was very friendly and spared no effort to provide the needful support. Without any doubt I will come back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Superior Room

Location is the best as it is close to Taksim, and close to public transportation stations(metro and tram), staff were so welcoming, breakfast was as expected from Ritz, clean hotel, secured, in short everything was excellent

• Superior Room

what I didn't like the hotel it self I never felt that i am at one of the ritz carlton this hotel not spouse to be one of the ritz carlton group

I like the location

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Going from and to the hotel sometime requires a taxi when you tired at the end of the day walking or when the weather is not good. Some taxi drivers can be annoying. I had a quarrel with one of them when he asked for 20 TL for a very short trip from Kapataş metro station, usually it costs 5 TL.

Excellent hotel

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

I liked everything.from the moment you are welcomed at the hotel's door till the departure. Every single person was helpful and sincerely welcoming.they looked after every single detail to make your stay a memorable experience.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Superior Room

There wasn't anything I could complain about, it's a beautiful property with great people working in there.

The concierge desk people were very helpful and very courteous. They helped us planning our day to all the touristy places as well as helped doing our reservations at various restaurants outside. The room cleaning staff was also very good, I was very happy with their service. The in room service was very quick and prompt. Over all I thourougly enjoyed my stay at The Ritz Carlton Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Superior Room

The spa and hamam are understaffed. I think they should increase more people so that they can take appointments

Location ! as it is only a few minutes walk fro Taksim Square. ALso they upgraded my room to a suite for a nominal fee.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

• Superior Room

This was a true 5 star and I give it additional star. Staff were very professional, well trained, helpful and friendly. I was in Istanbul at the time of bombing and my flight was cancelled. They gave me extra hours to check out and helped me arrange another flight. facility was perfect, service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Club Room with Park View

leaving the hotel :(

This hotel is very nice and we liked everything about it, the location, view, close to Taksim square, the club lounge is very nice, room is big enough. 5 minutes after check in we noticed that the bathroom door is not working properly and I called the duty manager which is kenan Done who said give me 5 minutes and I will solve the issue and in less than 10 minutes he came with the employees and they Cunard the room for us and they gave us better room. Really was an amazing experience

Very good place

CITY VIEW AND LOW FLOUR EXELENY

LOCATION AND POSPHOOR VIEW

No free parking

L

Nothing to dislike

It’s probably the best place iI have stayed. The staff is unbelievable professional and friendly. The restaurant is phenomenal.

The Check In was not professional

• Deluxe Front Bosphorus View Room

the location where there is nothing we can do by walking, we need a car to go to the near places.

the view was great, the room was very nice and clean

• Superior Room

Staff and service at hotel were fantastic

• Superior Room

Service very poor. Heater problem and warm water in bathroom very very hot. And some time not working

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

The room did not have a proper view. It was on the 3rd floor facing the pool which is under renovation and roof top.

Cleanliness, peace, design , food .staff , location

No thing

The view was amazing, the best in İstanbul 😍😍😍and i like the sahlep in the Reception

• Deluxe Room - Redesigned

They did not have any children’s facilities

Decoraton, Cleanliness, Location, View, Staff, Atmosphere..everything was awesome.

• Superior Room

There was construction and it was nightmare unfortunately

Staff are great and helpful

• Superior Room

Very clean and friendly staff

Browse The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul at the Bosphorus traveller photo gallery