Reviews of The Sofa Hotel Istanbul - Special Category

Tesvikiye Str. No:41-41A , Nisantasi Sisli, Sisli, 34367 Istanbul, Turkey

#732 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could present more variety. A bit overpriced. The inner pool is really small.

Bed was amazingly comfortable. Good enough sound proof windows. Overall design of the hotel , rooms and services . I was hesitant as previous reviews about refurbishing and cleaning reviews, but I had no single problem with that. Found the services working all properly. Staff at reception very attentive and helpful. Location for shopping is unbeatable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping, I had to call daily after every cleaning service. Bathroom wasn't clean even after cleaning service They also keep forgotten water, coffee , toilet papers..... and they don't reply fast to my refill requests.

The location is perfect Restutants and mall .. not a tourism area but very nice for high brands and and cafe's

• Suite with Terrace

I went there for a health problem, starting from the check-in i had problems with the personnel, and even worse to make up their mistake they sent me a bottle of wine, which is absurd considering the fact that i told them i'm there for a health problem, such a memorized, careless effort. the rooms needs fixing, and renovation for sure.

• Suite with Terrace

The property was very likeable - however I was a bit disappointed by the options on TV (not a lot of entertainment). The TV doesn’t have a WiFi option and they don’t have HDMI cables available to guest - but the staff went out of their way to go and get one for me (I paid them for it after they brought it to my room).

I booked the Terrace suite in the hotel due to location and the kitchenette in the room. The suite was bigger than expected and really comfortable, the staff was friendly and very understanding of my food allergies when I ordered room service and the overall atmosphere of the hotel is just uplifting. Concierge service was brilliant and the reception staff is extremely helpful and skilled in English. The location is really good, there is lots of shopping around the hotel and it’s fairly easy to get to any place from it (if there is not too much traffic). Keep in mind there is a great rooftop bar with live music most evenings, but if you want sleep you will need to stay on the lower floors or ask the concierge for ear plugs.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the location of the hotel is very good. The size of the room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge as well comparing to other hotels in istanbul. But the service was poor we had to call more than once to get what we needed.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar cocktails could be better (that doesn’t affect my stay though!)

Front office reception agent, Mert, was incredibly professional and helpful. He also offered an upgrade, which was a pleasant surprise. Concierge was funny and helpful too to explain all the places nearby.

Rooms could have better lighting and ventilation

The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The location of the hotel is excellent with many restaurants and shops around. The rooms have a good size, and are properly decorated. Good value for the money.

Almost every thind. From the curved bed to the broken AC, blocked sink, very bad staff, (lying concierge: who booked us a “hard to get” table at the Sunset Restaurant in there Closing time !! after he hanged up the phone he told us the restaurant is full now but I managed to get you a table! And after 20 minutes in the car we reach there and it is closed !!) Finally the leaking sealing in the toilet ... It is probably the worst maintenanced hotel I have ever stayed in, with the worst staff !

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Price Showing at Booking.Com Different when deducted from my credit card..ie as per Booking.com Price for 3 nights = TL.2321 But the Sofa Hotel Deduction = TL.2460 This is first time happening

-The room i booked was not match with what they given to me. -The staff was not clear with us about the air-conditioner. -When we asked to change the room they said that they don't have available room but in booking website its available. -Some part of hotel under construction and it was noisy in my room and in the hotel entrance. -When you want to book a room be sure that you have a window view outside the hotel not inside.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

AC not provided rooms was so hot we couldn't sleep well and we called the room service to provide fan or fix Ac said they do not have they give us seprate room from my childern even i infrom them my son is sick i ask them to provide for us rooms near by however they dont proivde us conneected rooms or near by my childeren room was same floor by far away

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The floors which are under renovation should be closed - Noise - no main entrance for the hotel - same entrance/exit for hotel, cafe, services and labors!!!

• Senior Suite

The place was over booked, they placed us in a smaller room than the suite we booked. the following night they moved us to a suite were there was water leakage from the rain and dirty floors.

The location being close to most of the shops

My had no ac and it was really hot to sleep in . They got me a fan but wasn’t enough to bring the temp down. The room had s smell.

Love the location of the hotel

• Tranquility Suite

I have stayed in this hotel many times, but the last two times I stayed it has gone down a lot. It is not a five stars category hotel at all. The service has come to be really cheap. The last time I stayed; I got a standard room when I booked a suite - they charged the same rate. They offered a complimentary breakfast and then charged it to the room. Reception did not seem interested in hearing about complaints when they make a mistake and they don't give a real response. Rooms were so dusty, smelly and stuffy and no fresh air. No air conditioning in winter! Cleaner didn't replace hand towels, water and tea, coffee - have to call everyday to ask. Even one day the bin wasn't emptied. Breakfast too expensive and missing your normal breakfast menu like a variety of eggs. Concierge argued every time they were asked to call a taxi. You have to call reception and they argue with each other - in the end there is no taxi called for you! At check out their exchange rate between Euro and Turkish Lira was different than online rate and you end up being charged more!! They redesigned the entrance and now you have to pass through the bar with a busy seating area to get into the hotel - very uncomfortable way to get to room - and for the people there drinking. There are plenty more issues with this hotel but I feel ashamed to write any more. I hope they improve soon! But I won't be back and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Location great thats all!

Smell in the property of sewage

Location and they managed to resolve our concerns for better room with ventilation and didn’t charge me for first night cause we didn’t get to sleep.

The room was terrible due to the horrible ventilation system and no window to the street. If was a depressing and airless room. And very dark.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Due to the refurbishment of the hotel there have been a lot of dust everywhere. It would be better to have a note online so that guests are aware of refurbishments.

Location and rooms facilities

the heat drives every one crazy(there was no air conditioner and the heat was insane, the room and toilets not that clean always bad smells even in the corridor except lobby

the location, the size of the room

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I went in February and the air conditioning was only for heating. The room had a window but is completely shut so no fresh air or sunlight can enter. The hotel does NOT have a first aid kit nor are helpful with emergencies.

Breakfast could have been better,also some rooms are facing the patio so you wouldn't get any natural light

very comfy beds and rooms are beautifully decorated

Corridor carpets and room tables/desks Were a but dusty

Excellent location, excellent jazz bar , excellent spa and service , excellent swimming pool excellent decoration

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very bad cleaning service. Dirty rooms, house keeping only make beds, they don't clean toilets, shower, floor...the room was already dusty when we entered. They even forgot cleaning cloths and key after leaving. Didnt replace towels or amenities. They arranged it after we complained. Weired entrance not a good hotel one! We had to go though a bar café everytime. Repetitive and poor breakfast

Great location, Murad at reception, Frankie

They were a bit stingy with bath salts, we were 3 in the room and we could have one per room per day which is a bit odd for a 5 star hotel!

Everything was great. Location, staff helpfulness. They upgraded my room for no cost too!

I had to prolong my stay for extra 5 hours because of the flight schedule. So I applied to the staff to prolong my stay. They charged me €25 per hour, which for 5 hours makes €125, which in turn was greater than the money I had paid for entire previous day. To be honest I didn’t like that. In my opinion it was an unfair policy. But the staff told me that that was their policy for a long period of time:((((

Rooms are extremely old. Ongoing construction at the entance Poor housekeeping lack of hotel gm to talk to disfunctional facilities (bathroom lights were not working poor air conditioning

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I like nothing! The atmosphere was so bad! The dh sound from the disco was hered from our room till 1 am and the room service for the food not available till 11 pm and there was bi taxi in front of the hotel we have to walk at least 2 blocks to have taxi actually we booked for 3 nights but we stayed just one night abd we booked another hotel

• Suite with Terrace

Our room was a bit noisy at night from Frankie’s. The smell of the floor we stayed in was very bad it smelled like sewage. The balcony should have a chair to sit on.

Location is great! Staff is friendly and nice. Our suite was spacious.

The first room have no view the window is actually opened to the hotel no fresh air , the room smell so bad , and it was to hot ... we talked with the reception they told as we can change the room for the smell but ther is no view and the heater is for all the hotel and there is no AC , so we changed the room and it’s smell the same smell toilet so bad , we asked for a balcony room they sed there is no available for today but in booking was available , but still they didn’t change it we paid for the other night and change it after one night , Over all i will not book and recommend this hotel ever

Location only

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is about to change management. Started with construction on the entrance level. The rooms maintenance is not as good as it was before. Hope the new management will bring it back to his glory.

I had the worst experience in this hotel- unacceptable for a five star hotel ! First ,they asked me for extra 300 TL even though i had prepaid the room. The worst of all was that the cleaner opened the peanuts from the mini bar (and how knows what else !) and they charged it to me for 22 Euros (100 TL ) !! I am alergic to the peanuts and they didn't even let me speak! The only think they said to me was : "you must paid i don't care" Unbelievable ! The staff were so rude! Not helpful at all! I definetly would not stay there again! And the temprature in the room was 40 degrees!! You couldn't sleep you couldn't breeth , it had an air blower Ha Haaa!!

The location only!

There was no A/C! It was so hot! They should have told us from before. Also, there was no view out of the window. For some reason, they covered the window. I have no idea why. It felt like I was in a box, with no air and no window. The WiFi was so slow. It was terrible. I couldnt go on any websites or apps. I thought this hotel would be so much better. I dont recommend it at all. The ONLY good thing about it is the location.

The facilities were nice. The room looked really nice and the bathrooms were nice.

Nothing at all except the heating system inside the room , but as soon as we informed the reception we were provided by fans other than that the hotel , room and staff are perfect

Nothing at all

Will consider it one of my favorite hotels in istanbul really enjoyed my stay at the hotel loved the spacious rooms and its amenities, loved the breakfast and the friednly staff specially Mr. mert he was very helpful and cooperative

• Tranquility Suite

The hotel entrance was under construction and it was very bad, Elevator size was too small. the decoration in rooms and lobby was so dark, the room did not have enough light. in the web site did not mention that the room window did not open to the patio and has not direct light. it was so so dark in the room. the internet speed in our room was very slow, I asked 2 times to fix it but they did not do anything about it. The room was so hot, we turn off the air condition, there were so hot and no air in the room. The breakfast was very ordinary and nothing so special.

Size of the room, Spa, Location, Bed comfort, The roof bar

Room was 40 degrees celsius ( in December) and the only thing they did about it was to give us a fan!!! Old furniture , the tranquility room we’ve got ( 609) did not stop the loud music from the top bar to keep us up untill 2 AM.

Location, in the heart of Istanbul’s shopping highstreets. Molton Brown shampoo, shower gel & cream

No windows in the rooms and the only windows are only on an interior garden where the re was no air coming in, it was pretty hot with no AC and the disco songs were very loud we couldn’t sleep.

A wide big room and the location

The service needs to be improved and room was a bit dark . The ventilation system is not that good

The location is superb with all the great shops and restaurants in posh nisantasi

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

While you check-in, they got the provision, but still couldn't close it for three weeks. They told me that I should contact my bank, my bank says its their fault, at the end of the day the provision is still there, and couldnt find the right contact person at the hotel, Awful customer service.

The air conditioning wasn’t working at all. We asked many times if they could fix it but nothing was done so we spent most of the nights without sleeping. It felt like we were in a sauna.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's not obvious that reception is on the first floor. Was waiting for 15 min at the ground floor before I understand I had to take the lift to the 1st!

My room was very large, nicely decorated and clean. There were all necessary equipments. Neighborhood of the hotel was very pleasant with restaurants and shops.

Firstly once i arrived they said that i booked incorrectly 1 adult 1 child. And i believe this is false and as i clearly booked 2 adults on booking.com i dont know if thats bookings issue or the hotel. And so we paid the difference bcz we were too tired to negotitate. This is my second time to stay at the hotel last time was in 2015 and it was amazing! And that is why i came back this year. But unfortunately not to my expectations. First day they made us sleep in a room with no air condition. We had to call so many times to fix the issue.. going back and forth and so they provided us with a very noisy fan the next day but it did the job bcz its too hot. And we told them if its not gona work we need to move rooms. So we waitied till next day afternoon and they said we can change them room which wasted half of our time as we were on vacation to go back change rooms. Which they should have done directly on spot. The good part is they gave us a room. Now the bad part was it was a connected room. And we can here everything happening in the next room!! It was awful. The people next to us were noisy and had music on loud all night. We also had to call them and they said theyd deal with it and it kept on going as the hotel only called them. And they stated that there was no music. After that i called back and told them to come listen for them selves. And they did hear the loud music only after calling 3-4 times for them to visit and hear the music did officially stop. Not going there again not worth the money or experience! Also worth mentioning will i was checking out i told them i had an awful experience specially comparing to 2015 he couldnt careless. He didnt ask me or show that he cared he said "oh im sorry for your experience hope we serve you better next time" without asking for details which was the cherry on top! I always recommend the hotel to family and friends bcz its unique and spacious .. but not anymore.. never again! Last year the hotel was 9.

Dirty, Cold rooms because AC doesn't work! The hotel is bankrupt! So sure still waiting for my credit card provision to be deposited!

Only the location!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is my second stay. The first time I had forgotten some cash in my room. I called them and the young lady at reception called me back and they had indeed found it and would keep it for me . It’s very rare to find such honesty . Thanks

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- The room felt rather used and abused, the paint was cracked at most places. - The headboard of the bed had serious water damage. - The chair in the room was stained with visible marks. - The A/C went off in the middle of the night, we called the reception to inquire they advised to open the window as a solution . So we ended up with numerous mosquito bites . - The water stopped working at the middle of the day, called the reception twice to get it fixed. - The mini bar was not cleared out as I've requested during my booking.

- the check in process was rather swift. - location was key as it's in the middle of the buzz. - the selection of art was on point. - Staff very accommodating and every request was done in no time at all.

very bad experience with air-condition , they promise to fix it which they didn't , and if they will change room they will charge extra , so you have to consider this hotel without air condition

location only

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasnt great. The lights outside from screens st night made it hard to sleep, needs to have a blackout for curtains. Noise from street , rooms across walls are not nouse proof. The cleaning of room was horrible. Didnt clean room well or change glasses, forgot to put water. Bathroom didnt have floor matts which is quite difficult

The hotel had prime location, staff were good and nice. Room were good size. Concirege were good

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location is amazing, the staff are super friendly, English speakers, the room is very nice, with a nice tiny balcony to nisantasi city's street. housekeeping very clean, the room size is perfect,

• Suite with Terrace

The sheets of the Duvet cover were torn and the curtains have wholes and don't close well.

The Umar's suite that was given to us as an upgrade.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poor service in general, AC not working, shower broken, poor check-in service. Very difficult to get a 2 single beds room, curtains are not light proof, bed skirts had grey stains as if someone left a luggage or something on it.

Design, location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff of the room service and house keeping doesn't speak English and not friendly, the food at the restaurant which is sofie is not up to standards! I booked two deloux rooms and they gave me one delux and the other regular with no view I also requested two separate beds they gave me one king !

I like the interior design of the hotel the location is perfect, it's like an art gallery

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is a restaurant upstairs called Frankies. I think the staff there is soo unpolite, rude, uninterested. I never go back there. I had dinner, but i think they have not even seen me.

• Senior Suite

The rooms were very very cold. They could not fix my rooms air-conditioning and we had to spend 9 days in extreme cold. Room was not changed.

Location was awesome

It's our 7th time in The Sofa & all our previous stays were much better than this time. We were told we can use the laundry service for ironing 3 pieces of clothes but when we prepared the pieces they said there's no one to do ironing. The safe was locked 2 times & we had to call a technician to open it. Room was not tended to by housekeeping in the afternoon.

The porters were very helpful & the hotel has a great location. We got an early check in

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No pool (indoor or outdoor) in the hotel, rooms rather dark if overlooking the courtyard.

Spacious rooms with comfortable beds and great art to go with it. Amazing rooftop bar Frankie overlooking the city and yummy cocktails.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Tranquility Suite

Windows are not adequate All street looking rooms are extremely noisy The street is extremely busy&noisy İnsulating sound is a must

The people working

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room did not have a window and it was so confusing in the morning whether the sun was up or it was still midnight. I felt like trapped in a box! Then, there was a smell in the room, so I had to change it 3 times. BREAKFAST was awful; so poor and bad quality stale ingredients; very Turkish nothing was international. Even bread was stale! Quite unhappy about it! The receptionist was unhelpful to put our 2 rooms next to each other although we were family staying with 2 kids. Very disappointed. Over all it is not worth for the money and 3.5 star-hotel. I would not recommend it!

The location was convenient for shopping.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Staff were very rude , bad mattress and pillows quality and very dark rooms no windows i have to pay more just to get a window for sunlight. I had a very unpleasant stay.

The location only

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The Sofa hotel is amazing. It is perfectly located, the rooms are modern and large enough, even with two small kids. All staff members were very polite and helpful. I am very experienced with hotels in Istanbul, and this one is certainly one of the best!

Sofa hotel should consider to stablish a business center. Its a must in any hotel. Rooms not clean enough. Housekeeping should make more efforts to clean well especially the floor & under beds.

Prime location Friendly & heplful staff Very good Conceirge service Very good front desk employees This is my 5 visit & stay at Sofa Hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very dark and dull. Lights are not enough. Bad smell in the floor and the hotel entrance. wifi not good at all.

The only good 3 things in the hotel was the location, the concierge man Mr.Deniz, and Ms.Asrar from Reception Desk. Mr.Deniz was very very helpful and he was very aware of our needs from shopping and good restaurants.

I would have preferred staying in a room overlooking the street as just a little bit of "sunshine" makes me start my day with a big grin, but I still loved my stay! ;)

Everything about this hotel is FANTASTIC! The hotel owners sure know the importance of accommodation quality! We were delighted with the hotel's interior design which was modern and creative with beautiful sculptures and paintings. The spirit of the employees was wonderful and it showed real professionalism and I would especially like to thank "Mert" who was very helpful and friendly and made us feel just like home. The ambiance as a whole was phenomenal!! The room was of a great size and had a cozy, homey feel to it, the bathrooms were very nice too. We loved our stay and we will definitely stay there again! Our whole experience was just sensational! Thank you Sofa hotel for making our stay a memorable one!

excellent location , excellent staff , everything is perfect in this hotel I and my wife have the best sleep in a quite environment ,very very clean thanks for the management of this hotel and thanks to booking.com

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

The hotel theme is modern but dark. Our rooms were in the back facing inside close garden but no sun light can come in. So if you like the location make sure you get a room facing the street or you will get a little depressed..

Close to shops and restaurants

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Central location with city's mall just on the opposite side of the road. Great Amenities. early check-in granted. Place was renovated and apparently under new management. Difference is obvious from last time i stayed there.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

This is a wonderful hotel in the heart of the luxurious shopping area in Istanbul "Nistantasi"… I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Rooms are super clean, spacious, and very comfortable and the luxury bathroom with generous shower was amazing. The staff are extremely professional, sweet and just want to help. I really liked the location because the area of Nisantasi is fantastic with great shopping , restaurants and coffee. Thanks for your great service! I will come back by my next stay in Istanbul.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The 24 hour room service were rude There was no fresh air getting to the room The restaurant or bar in the top floor making load noise that didn't help us sleep

The smell of the place and the location are nice

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pillows were not comfortable. The room was on the main street which was noisy most of the time.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Suite with Terrace

my family and I were very upset because of the very laud Disco music playing all night long during our stay to the degree we could not sleep at night in peace. I will not recommend it for my friends and relatives, neither stay at it for the next time.

I liked about it the most its location.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff. We had a problem with the central heating in the room the first night and had difficulty sleeping because it was so hot. They changed our room immediately and upgraded us to a delux with no added charge. We'll definitly stay there again.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Bad smell everywhere ....in my room, in the halls, however the front office smells good because there is an air purefier. Construction behind hotel and exhaust fumes came in my broken window (seals worn out) from the cement truck running all night. I couldn't keep out the sound or the fumes. Window is a maintenance issue that has been ongoing and there was also an issue with my door key/light sensor which is also a maintenance concern that has been ignored other than minor patches to get the guest in and out but not fixed holistically. All unfortunate for such a beautiful facility with tons of potential.

Bed great, food excellent, and the style of the room and hotel amazing, classy and trendy. Staff are lovely and professional and try hard.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was no big mirror in the room only in the bath room, even the room was big, it made my gf to spend more time preparing because of small mirror. No bussiness center in the hotel and they asked 10 dollars for printing 15 pages. Nisantasi is a corwded area so its not good if your thinking to move with taxi or cars.

Location, the staff, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Bath and the room were not securely clean, a heavy smell interrupted me when I enter the room. They have changed my room for additional 70Euros, my new room was not good for that price, even the bath tube and closet were damaged and can not be used comfortably. During my breakfast at restaurant, I could not have a cup of tea becauae of the weak service. Location and area was nice for me but the hotel is enough bad for me to spend my time for making these comments.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very poor.. Too expensive for such facility in such season. I would give this hotel as good 4 start hotel.

location close to many restaurant and shops

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

the construction near the facility

everything... very artsy in the heart of nisantasi great location with a touch of dark party artsy little rooms and amazing selection of music

Browse The Sofa Hotel Istanbul - Special Category traveller photo gallery