Reviews of Traveller's Cave Hotel

Aydınlı mahallesi,gorceli sokak no:7, 50180 Goreme, Turkey

#24 of 138 hotels in Goreme

• Deluxe Double Room

This hotel is one of the highest in Göreme, giving a beautiful view and a little bit more quiet than the others lower down. This does mean a few more hills and stairs but it’s worth it. There are lovely seating areas to sit and relax. The centre of the town is only a few minutes walk away. The staff at the hotel are friendly and helpful - and there is also a lovely resident dog! The room was a good size with a large bathroom and nice big shower. The bed was comfy and the room had air con. There’s a nice Turkish buffet breakfast with a cooked egg dish served to your table.

distance from my room to dining area

Everything was perfect except the distance of dining area from my room. It was too far. I had to climb so many staircases

• Deluxe Double Room

2 things: bathroom and toilet was really dirty when we arrive - nobody cleaned it with special liquid. Second, if you like Chinese people around you, you want to learn their culture - that's place for you. If not, be aware of the fact, that 90% of hotel clients are from China. P.S. Mosk was really loud during the day and especially at 4:30 am in the morning

Perfect view from the hotel's top point and location, nice atmosphere in the room

The property is well kept and very clean. The receptionist was very helpful and told us where to visit. We booked a bit late so we had to purchase a junior suite as standard rooms were sold out, but the upgrade was worth EVERY penny. The Turkish style breakfast included with stay was delicious! Overall, I have no hesitation to return to this property .

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent position, best view in Goreme. The staff is very warm and nice. We’ve booked all our activities at the reception and everything was excellent. Rooms are big and clean.

Staffs were very friendly and helpful, you can order almost everything(balloons,daily trip,dinner and shuttle bus to the airport e.g.)in the reception which was really convenient. The staff knows many languages, don’t worry about communication. It’s located in the top of the town so you can take wonderful photos.

• Deluxe Double Room

Turkish breakfast is strange for ocidental taste, but they aleays have a different type os egg to please guests. My bedsheets were too smal for the bad and a little dirty. There was not much space to organise your things properly.

Nice hotel, real cave. Beautiful views made it worthy. Saff was very friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are in close promixity with access paths for other rooms meaning people can be noisy but no fault of hotel

Good bilingual staff. Good breakfast and very well organised and even if mistakes happen they take responsibility and help you

Bath water is too cold even if the room has heating

The environment is terrible fantastic, it's nearly at the top of the mountain and easy to walk up downstair!!A great rooftop for meal and realx.Boss add my wechat before we finish booking,and he can speak Chinese,thats cool. Anothers girl can also speak multiple languages and really nice.. They help us book the balloon and ATV, all we need is to start on time. haha. Btw,Our room is awesome. Couldn't be better. Nice trip,nice experience.

• Double or Twin Room

It was really nice experience and very special one . The staff there are so kind and help you to book and arrange your travel schedule . All in all. It deserves u to be here.

• Double or Twin Room

The location is excellent! You can have a good view of Göreme! And I like the fireplace, it is really warm and beautiful! 视野超棒!小哥中文666!可以生壁炉冬天也很暖和!

Nothing. Everything was so perfect

Everything was really awesome specially the team. I didn't remember their names (my bad) but everyone was amazing. We were not expecting food of our choice there but they prepared for us and the lady who was wearing Jeans in the restaurant, she prepared for us and really it was wonderful. They arranged the balloon trip, horse riding, Jeep Safari, Airport Pickup and Drop and everything was more than AMAZING. Thank You so much for accommodating us and provide wonderful hospitality.

Quite beautiful room and very clean. The hotel located at the mountain top,quite good vision. Quite many chinese tourist cause the hotel offer mandarin service i think.

n/a

This felt like the best place to stay in Goreme for its amazing views and decor of the property. The breakfast was delicious, so many options, and fresh!! The main receptionist (Turkish, speaks Chinese) was extremely helpful in booking our tours. The bed was very comfortable, best sleep I had in a while.

• Double or Twin Room

Lots of stairs to go down to visit the city centre and lots of stairs to go up when coming back BUT to get those perfect views it is all worth it. They did not replenish the firewood in the room every night, we therefore couldn't make a fire every night. They did NOT replenish toilet paper OR ANY toiletries regularly (body wash and shampoo etc) and we DID run out. Every morning for breakfast we got given two sunny side up eggs - which was not requested or appreciated but we finished it because we do not waste.

The view is AMAZING. Almost panoramic views of the Goreme town. Magical hot air balloon views in the early am. It is situated inside a real cave. Very toasty and warm inside the rooms. Staff very accomodating and willing to help out.

• Double or Twin Room

Good hotel, super helpful staff. Our flight being in the afternoon and checkout in the morning, they kept our bag in a secure place to be able to wander in Cappadocia. Public Bathroom and toilette are also available

• Deluxe Double Room

EXtra mile service from the staff I requested to arrange a romantic dinner for us a week before we arrive, coz i wanna surprise my wife on our 2nd wedding anniversary. The staff from the reception and restaurant were so kind and approachable, they did all the preparations for our dinner date and made it a very special one! Hats off to all these guys, thanks! Cappadocia trip was really great and memorable.

• Deluxe Double Room

The location was perfect! It is at the topmost part of the hill and you can have a good hike at the back of the hotel all the way up to an excellent panoramic view of goreme.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The room was very dusty.

Breakfast was excellent, lots of variety. The front reception was extremely helpful. He helped us book all of our tours, he even arranged sandwiches for us before our early flight. Thank you !

• Deluxe Double Room

The only reason marked down a little was the out side Jacuzzi not cleaned so had pigeon feather in so i didn't feel like using it. however when my room Jacuzzi bath leaked the staff where straight in to fix it and very apologetic great service from them throughout

Amazing place the view was spectacular you really where at the very top. staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was beautiful a feel delight

None haha

very nice location, very friendly and helpful staff always with smiles, very nice view, and very nice room facility, everything is prefect,the reception arrange the car for me to the bus station even I don't need to request, thank you so much

The stuff were very friendly they helped us each possible way and helped arrange our tours. It was amazing stay , calm hotel excellent service, delicious food Highly recommended Has an amazing terace where u can see balloons and the whole village from Sure will try it again

• Double or Twin Room

The walk up the steps from town is a killer! But it's a small price to pay for the balloon view!

The location is incredible, perfect for watching the hot air balloons rise over the town in the morning Comfy chill out area Very comfortable bed Spacious room and bathroom

• Deluxe Double Room

some of the friendliest staff we've had on our trip made doing tours and our stay super easy. highly recommended the place also has a spectacular view

We fell in love with the hotel when we first step inside, because everything was perfect from the management team to the hotel staff. They were so friendly and lovely, we were small group travelers and we were more than satisfied with the hospitality and such loving service provided by all the hotel team. And of course the view from the rooftop was perfect because of the locations and the rooms were so clean with a great view too. The food was also great. We will definitely come back again and stay at the travelers cave hotel and no where else.. we love you!!! And also we would like to say sarang hae to yoori, we like you so much!!

Because these are caves and cave like but modern structures, they have a certain limescaly smell which is ok for most pple but since I have a respiratory issue, could've done without it. Besides that, highly recommended it.

Beautifully located. The entire hotel is in levels and has a breathtakingly beautiful view from everywhere. The staff was excellent and cooperative. Great experience

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing that we didn't like.

My friend and I loved it. The location was perfect. Walking distance to the city. Very easy to find. Staff was amazing. Speaks good english. They also speak Mandarin, Korean aside from their local language. Unlu was also very helpful. He booked our hot air balloon trip and others. Thank you so much. Also to the owner. 🤗 Room had the perfect view and room was just great.

• Deluxe Double Room

We booked very early, so we got the best room. The view is fantastic. It's very near to the center of the town. Staffs there are very nice, they helped us planning our trip in Goreme. It was quite cold outside at night. the staffs lend us blanket. That was very sweet.

• Double or Twin Room

1) bad smell in the room, due to humidity or sth else?! I'm not sure 2) air conditioner in my room didn't function very well

1) the location is the best in that area, very nice view on the roof 2) few rooms meaning few customers and quieter 3) helpful staff who can speak English, Chinese and Korean

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is exceptional. We stayed there for three nights and were overwhelmed by the hospitality of the staff. Beckem (which I believe to be the boss) can speak Chinese fluently and we even communicated via Wechat! He was so nice and offered to post my postcards for me. We received breakfast and a gift at night before we left. Highly recommended!

• Double or Twin Room

The staff we very kind and honest and they make tour in good price compairing with tour offices.They arranged my birthday very well .They made our stay great in Cappadocia

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Room location was beautiful in the roof with perfect view , I recommended for Couples and the staff wad very friendly they give any simple help you needed, the room was beautiful and warm , overall it's deserved and I like it

The service was not good we stayed there for 3 nights and they never washed our restroom on top of it on first day we went out side for your at 10 in the morning came back really tired at 5 in evening and our room still wasn't clean we call the reception the ladies come and they just made the bed and put the towels that's it there was empty rappers of junk of my side table and stayed there for three days thts what's the cleaning condition was.

I like the location of the restaurant plus the food was also good

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

The view from the restaurant was absolutely incredible Staff are amazing, I was literally so impressed with the service from the hotel Beautiful rooms

Check-out time at 12 is better

The breakfast is better than expeted,good service,the location in the middle of the mountain,you can see a lot of hot air balloons

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Amazing cave room with very friendly staff zoi and unlu (mr.famous) , we also met the manager mr.bakir who was super nice I booked the airport shuttle to and from hotel for a reasonable price Mr.unlu also helped me with the booking for my activities (balloon ride, jerp safari ,and ATV tour)

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

You have to take many stairs to reach the rooftop

The hotel is located on the top of mountain, so u can view sunset and sunrise. The staffs are helpful!. They will standby in breakfast room every morning for explaination of tirkish meal and offering other services.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Nothing at all

The location was close to center. Nice food and fast wifi. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They help me a lot in my tour booking and explained to me if i have any doubt. Amazing view from the terrace across the valley. Nice and clean cave room. (I love the fire place in my room) Thank you for me a great time in cappadocia. Definitely will recommend the hotel to all my friends.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I have to say that was the best hotel i 've lived so far. Really nice location covers whole views,amiable staff. By the way,the beef kebab is the thing that you're must be try it,because it's amazing. Strongly recommend chose this hotel for your goreme journey. Remember eat the beef kebab!!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Room was filthy, more like camping than a hotel. found blood on the outer blankets, and extra blankets provided were not laundered. You won't feel comfortable taking your shoes off.

location, manager upgraded us to a better room.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

only bad thing was the fireplace smoked due to the wind

Staff were amazingly friendly, we even got upgraded, room was absolutely marvellous. great views from the terrace across the valley. very helpful with booking tours and giving advice on local attractions

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The location is very nice-- hotel staff was so amazing, very accommodating and approachable. Overall experience traveling alone satisfied because the staff are helpful, rooms are clean and fantastic view.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

cold,hahah

GOOD SERVICE, NICE PEOPLE. Always offer their big help! tks to ms yuli .A EVERY GOOD KOREAN GIRL. nice ,cute!!!!and so helpful. The location is really good. will go there in Oct

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The winter season no many restaurants open:(

The staff are very helpful! Iove our safari driver, know little English but very good guy! Always smile at us n try to make us satisfied

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Breakfast could be better

Staff very friendly and helpful. You can ask every kind of question, they try their best for you to enjoy your visit, not only inside the hotel, but overall the vacation.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Cappadocia view from the hotel is spectacular.Stuff is very friendly and helpful.They lit the fireplace for us.They were so helpful and cooperated with my surpise to my friend for her birthday😉 cave rooms are very otantic and spacious. We loved everything about this hotel.We had unforgettable weekend getaway.Thank you for the great time!!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The shuttle driver he tried charging me double the rate and he was so unprofessional got me to the airport and from the airport made personal stops both ways two times each! He smoked and was half asleep!

People who work at this hotel are amazing

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Comfortable rooms, brilliant views, great Wi-Fi, fireplace, jacuzzi, electric blanket and clima to keep us warm. All the staff super helpful and friendly. Best place to stay by far!!

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, actually. Everything was great. We just thought the hotel would be conducting a party or gathering for the new year's eve, but it wasn't that much to ruin our best days in Goreme in this lovely hotel :)

First of all, I would like to commend all the lovely staff at this hotel. We arrived early in Goreme at around 10:30 in the morning and immediately called the hotel for the free pick-up service. In no less than 5 mins, the driver of the service van greeted us warmly and carried our bags inside the van. Bekir was waiting in front of the hotel and ushered us in. He was very accommodating and let us choose our room since we're the first one to arrive that day. We were 3 hours earlier than the usual check-in time, but he was kind enough to let us use the room and rest. The room was cleaned every day. The heater was working perfectly and kept us warm the whole 3 days. I love the buffet breakfast! The buffet table has every Turkish breakfast necessities you could imagine and was refilled immediately. On new year's eve, they brought us wine, fruits and a bar of chocolate which we enjoyed by the fireplace. Everything was close to the hotel: markets, restaurants, bakeries, souvenir shops. You can see the whole Goreme from their terrace; probably one of the best view for hot air balloon sightseeing. There's so much to say about this lovely hotel but one has to experience it in order to fully understand what I mean. :)

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

- Excellent location in Goreme with probably one of the best views you can find in a hotel. - Amazing helpful staff - Fast wifi - comfortable bed - wood burning fireplace (restocked every night) I can highly recommend travelers cave hotel and look forward to staying here again!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I didnt like that i was silly enough to book the place just for 1 night, i thought that because its low season i wouldnt have a problem to simply ask them to extend, i was wrong :) My advise dont hesitate to book this place for your entire stay, you wont regret it, its a few mins uphill but its worth the walk up and down.

The Staff were definitely a big thing here, we were welcomed by Ismet and amazing cheerful guy, very professional and preceptive who answered all of our questions to the fullest in the most detailed and laid back way possible after inviting us to a welcome drink (in their beautiful cozy terrace with a fire place!), breakfast was Excellent!! Not only a very large buffet but also they get u a pan of minmin (prepare to love this!). The view from this place is unquestionably one of the best you'll get in Goreme if not in all of goreme. The place has so much charm it hurts :) perfect get away for couples or for anyone looking to find something special but theyre not sure what it is. I'd like to thank all of travellers cave staff who were so welcoming and smily, their manger who i forgot his name who gave out from his time to share his extentive knowledge about the area and the 2 other cute receptionists. Special thanks to Ismet for all the effort and willingness to help me get back my jacket that we forgot in the room, which is making its way to me as am writing this :) Thank you friends and keep up the good work! Ameer from Nazareth

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was amazing. They made me feel like home, I received perfect customised advices for my trip and my activities were all organised by the staff (special mention to Yuri :) ). Warm and clean room. While having a wonderful view over the valleys from the hill, the hotel has a direct access to Göreme city centre.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Travellers was perfect. My boyfriend and I don't usually stay in places this nice, but we thought we were splurge here in Cappadocia. It was well worth every penny. The staff was super helpful and friendly, the breakfast was delicious, and the room was warm and comfortable. Thanks again for making our time in Cappadocia so special!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Nothing at all.

The location of this hotel is one of the best in Cappadocia! Enjoyed an amazing view every morning of a balloon-filled sky :) The caves are simply wonderful and equipped with all the needed amenities. Their terraces are also beautifully decorated and add to the romantic atmosphere! On our first night we realized that the hot tub wasn't working well and the Wi-Fi wasn't connecting, we informed the staff and they offered us an upgrade to their deluxe suite without any hesitation! Everything worked perfectly here for the rest of the stay. Breakfast included a great variation of food together with a delicious traditional meal prepared every morning. We booked airport shuttle, red & green tour, hot-air balloon ride and hammam through our hotel. Every company was so professional and right on time! Highly recommended :) Can't recall her name =/ but one of the staff members was a very sweet lady who took the time to explain everything we needed to know about Goreme. At the end of our stay she also gave us a nice bottle of wine to keep! Thank you all so much :)

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The wifi stopped working for about 5 hours one morning which was inconvenient. Some of the staff couldn't speak English that well, so communication wasn't always great.

Great cave room, very comfortable and with a great view over Goreme. Staff were brilliant (in particular Bekir) and organised all the activities we wanted to do, and were always willing to help. Breakfast was great with quite a few options and nice quality.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room

staffes are so kindly and reserving a tour quickly. They make always cozy and happy atmospher. The restaurant is very delicious and cheap too. Especially I am appreciate to Yury a korean staff. My daugthers make sweet memory in thins hotel. Thanks a lot.

Communication and social skills of the foreign staff could be better. There seems to be one worker doing all the customer service work. Limited parking, area surrounded by construcion sites.

Breakfast was good, rooms were nice.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The whole place is amazing! Besides the astonishing view, great room and delicious breakfast, the staff is extremely friendly and supportive. We were lucky to be welcomed by Bekir, who gave us the best suggestions for the ballooning and places to see. The hotel's restaurant is pretty good for lunch and dinner as well, food is delicious and the prices are cheaper than most restaurants around. If you visit Cappadocia, this is the place to stay.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing really comes to mind. But they could probably improve their Hammam bath service a little.

This hotel is located on top of the small hill all the way at the back. And since it is so high up it offers excellent view of the valley and gets a lot of Sun. It is about 10-12 min walking distance from main City Square. Additionally, all the staff were super friendly and helpful. In particular Kadir who was the property manager and always smiling and super helpful. Additionally, Yudi who managed the restaurant was excellent and always served with a warm smile as well. Will highly recommend the location and the price is just about correct.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The staff was welcoming us with a traditional Turkish apple tea on the roof terrace of the hotel and recommended us about their city with the map. The hotel room are really nice and clean plus the decoration is really modern style. I would like to come back again in the nearest future and would like to recommend everyone who is looking for a nice hotel with Cappadocia viewpoint and kindness staff, you shouldn't miss this hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The location is fantastic, top of the town, amazing view. The owner And the staffs are very friendly and helpful,feel like at home. The room is original cave and clean. The facility is well maintained. The environment of the hotel is Just so peaceful and sweet.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Bed covering was a little thick for the very hot weather.

Breakfast was really great. Fresh fruits and large variety of options. Each day an option of a hot breakfast made to order. Very friendly knowledgable staff with great language skills and always available to help. A comfortable home away from home for a few days.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

No negatives at all

This hotel is perfect. The Terrace offers an amazing sunset view. My room was surprising large with a huge bathroom, with spa. There was a communal terrace just outside my room. Internet is fast and free. The staff are fantastic. Breakfast offered variety and was fresh and delicious.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

NA

Travellers is the best hotel I have ever been! The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They helped us to book activities in best price. Definitely will recommend travellers to all my friends.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

A splendid combination of fabulous view and light on pocket hotel to stay ! In this price, no hotel is comparable with this one. I did lot of research and have selected this hotel. I advise not to waste any time in searching hotels just book this hotel. Rooms are excellent and well maintained. Person in charge is also very curtious and care taking.

• Deluxe Suite

The staffs are really friendly. The hotel has a fantastic terrace.

Nice view and location

Breakfast was great. Staff were amazing. Thanks Hakan and Cem.

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast tastes good and there are various types you can choose.

nothing ..everythibg was perfect..

the location is great .. very beautiful view.

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything was beyond the expectation.

The hotel is located at the best view of Goreme and the staff favoured us in all aspects.

The staff, view ,breakfast, very helpful staff & owner . Location

Everything is OK.If we back to here,we still choose this hotel.

check out need to be early as 11 am. and no elevator. but i think its normal in that area.

everything

• Deluxe Double Room

Nice view and location, staff is very kind