Reviews of Tugcan Hotel 5 stars

Ataturk Bulvari No:24, 27010 Gaziantep, Turkey

#6 of 31 hotels in Gaziantep

They don’t serve filter coffee. Just Nescafé. This is a no go for a 5 star hotel. Decoration in rooms are old. Beds are uncomfortable.

Good Location, nice breakfast. Friendly staff.

We nothing expierenced negative.

Our stay with our baby was comfortable. The hotel is modern and clean. The staff (everyone from the cleaning staff to the cook) were exceptionally polite and incredibly helpful! They made our stay very easy and we felt at home from the outset. The breakfeast was very extended and tasteful. The bed was also amazing.

Accessing the wifi was a bit tricky.

The check-in staff were very good and we had our bags carried to our room and the car parked for us. Likewise check-out. The hotel offered very good value for money and the room was available at short notice. The holtel is very close to the old Armenian area of Gaziantep, which is very beautiful for walking around, with many museums, bars, cafes and the old Armenian church in the centre.

the hotel is old, so the rooms are not clean enough, the building is old, I can not rate it as a 5 stars hotel, just 3 stars

the location of the hotel was very good,

On sunny days, the heat gets trapped on the street side of the building and the room temperature becomes uncontrollable. I was aware of this problem from my previous stay so requested a room on the different side. I got a room, right next to my previous one and not possible to change. The room temperature never went below 26 degrees. I barely slept and checked out exhausted.

I normally come here when I need a good rest, though.

• Suite

I wouldn't say this is 5 star hotel.There are serious problem with ventilation (you can smell smoking cigarette everywhere around your room!) and lightening. The hotel is very dark and i can't understand why? The breakfast, out of question, is not a 5 star type meal. It is served in very small room where it gets really crowded sometimes and you just feel you came to a small coffee shop with a bunch of limited open buffet food items.

Location is very good at the city center. Rooms are clean and they kept clean everyday.

• Suite

AC is working only in hot, so need little colder temperture you should turn off the AC, and open the window which is so low and so dangerous for kids. No tissues in the room. No toilet paper until you call them. They wanted to charge extra for kids even without providing extra beds. No view although we requested them for that. No luggage guy to take the luggages out from Taxi to hotel,

Very complete hotel and to highlight the honesty of the receptionist who called me to give money back when made the calculation of the tariff rates Breakfast is much more than complete Very well located

Limited knowledge of other languages than turkish. Wifi only accessible for one device and very weak signal, breakfast only rich of dairy and baked products

• Corner Suite

The hotel is kinda dark and I was given a smoker room on arrival, even though I booked non smoker. It was difficult to get my point across as no one there spoke enough english to understand I would not stay in a room smelling for old smoke as the one they meant to give me. Fortunately I had a turkish friend with me who eventually came in to translate. The staff was friendly and tried to help though, it was just a mistake and their lack of english which complicated things. Overall the hotel is kinda dark and very business like...I stayed for leisure, next time I'll probably look for something that seems more vacation like and less like business trip. Warm water comes quick but water pressure isnt the best...its enough for a good shower though.

Staff is nice and helpfull, the breakfast is good but not overwhelming. The rooms are clean, the warm water comes quick. My negative comments are longer then the good ones, but that gives a wrong impression...the hotel is definatly good!!! Just wanted to point out the downsides so other guests know what to expect.

THE ACs WERE NOT WORKING PROPERLY AND ,THEREFORE, THE ROOMS WERE HOT AND HUMID. WE INFORMED THE RECEPTION WITH NO USE.

THE BREAKFAST WAS EXCELLENT WITH OUTSTANDING SERVICES.

The reaction of the reception staff was very very bad , we made the booking via booking.com through the visa card , when arrived the hotel the Reception staff refused to deduct the accommodation cost from the same Visa card knowing that I did not carry cash enough with me and this costs me 40$ to transfer money from Jordan to cover the hotel cost

The staff should improve the English language.

I liked the location, the cleanliness and the nice professional staff. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for anyone who looks for perfection.

Awfull internet connection. Almost impossible to connect to the wifi. Bathroom was broken. We couldn't take shower. Tecnician came and spent 1 hour to fix it, inside the room at 11:00pm! Too far away to be a 5 stars hotel.

Close to the city center. Clean.

• Suite

The hotel lobby was unpleasant, it was empty and the bar was located outside the hotel making it very inconvenient. staff on the from desk were did not speak English. The bed was very uncomfortable and the shower was dirty. Black fungi's all over the ceramics inside the bathroom. IT IS DEFFINATELY NOT A GOOD HOTEL!

The first to third floors are not well furnished internet very bad, also the safe not work,

The hotel is in the center, pool and massage very good but start from 14:00 to 22:00.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The first room I was in was incredibly hot, 30 C, this seems to be a thing in Gaziantep, however the staff quickly moved me when asked.

Lovely hotel with a bit of a art nouveau feel. Comfortable rooftop restaurant, helpful staff and good wifi

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

a little bit old fashioned from the outside, I was unlucky to have a noisy neighbour taking a shower at midnight...

Very well located, everything is nice, I really like the style of the bathroom and the shower!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Breakfast had a good variety, great location, good restaurants nearby, staff very accommodating, good Wi-Fi in my room, all in all a wonderful stay! Will definitely go back here on my next business trip.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

I regularly travel to Gaziantep for work and often stat at the Tugcan - I appreciate that the staff know my name and are incredibly helpful. Comfortable beds, a great shower and delicious breakfast!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Breakfast could be better Bed linen isn't the greatest

Really good value for money - Good location - Great rooms - Great shower - Decent internet.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

Wi-Fi signal in bedroom was weak.

This hotel has an air of comfortable self-assurance and appears to be regarded as something of a landmark by locals. On both evenings I stayed there, the main restaurant was used for dinners by local professional groups. However, full restaurant facilities were available for casual diners like myself.

• Suite

the staff does not speak English and was difficult to communicate properly with almost all of them

the staff are nice when you understand

No good otel

NA

Reception need to smiley face plz

Cleanen

Everything was good

Employees don't speak any language, but Turkish

Nice and clean

Smell in hotel. Smells old

Spa wasn't open on Monday night.

Large room with very comfortable bed. Really good food

Nice clean and in the middle of town centre

Nice clean Hotel with friendly stuff. Environmental friendly!

We had to came back many times to counter because electric keys didn,t work. There was no bed sheet between bottom sheet and quilt.

good breakast.

Everything was perfect.

time of departure

the nice bathroom

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Presidential Suite

Wi-fi is bad

Very near to city centre

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

No one was at the spa

Excellent hotel. Very cozy and clean. Pictures show actual rooms.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

NO THING

EVERYTHING

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Room service ,mini bar service

Reception Security

• Suite

needs more Lokal tasty foods of Gaziantep at breakfast and fresh orange juice would be nice

Very clean AC, a Real non smooking room

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Staff and the reciptionest "Culam"

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

so quiet,clean high recommended for relaxing

The Internet is slow and the shower has problems

The loucation is in city center And it's so quiet and the staff are very nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The mattresses very bad

Location is really good

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The room was looking quite old. Air con was not working properly.

Breakfast was excellent!!

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

In this hotel the rooms are splendid and room service is excellent. However, I should like to complain regarding the parking service. I left the car keys with the garage attendant and, when I came back two days later, the car had the paint slightly damaged in several places, visible dents, in particular in the front and back bumpers, and the front bumper was broken in the middle, no doubt because the car had been inexpertly manouvered. No one speaks English in the reception, which adds to my insatisfaction. Fortunately, when in Turkey, I always have full-cover insurance for the car.

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Nothing at all

The hospitality and cooperation. I came few hours earlier than my reservation and they gave me the room immediately. That was so comfortable and thoughtful. Thank you

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

Very comfy room and excellent service. Also great location. Only 25mins. away from the airport and perfectly situated in downtown. Pity that I didn't have time to visit the spa...

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

It is not possible to use the gym/fitness facilities if one is above 1m75. This is a 5 star hotel. The ceiling is low (actually a half floor) thus using running threadmill is not possible, without hitting the ceiling/bending ones head. Also, I did not like, when I approached reception at 19:30 PM, no one spoke English, and when I managed to talk to a staff, I was told the manager was in the sauna/hamman and would not be available, and they would revert to me, but that I should not expect them to be able to help me/facilitate access to another gym. No one reverted to me. So the next day, around 10 AMI, had to go down again and explain the situation, after insisting (first I was told the manager was away again) but finally someone came, I showed him the gym and asked if they could find a solution. I was told after showing the manager the gym, that they would come back to me after 1 hour, nothing happened so I decided to check out at 12:30 PM after waiting, only when I insisted on checking out the manager came and told me that they would now (as I suggested the day before, move one running machine to a place with adequate space for running). The staff was kind enough, but were not proactive, and not good in communicating or propose a solution till I decided to move.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2016

Staff generally speak poor English, very poor Internet connection in rooms (keeps kicking you out from the wifi, and staff cannot fix it - better in the lobby). Breakfast is ok, but more fruit would be nice.

Excellent location, nice large comfortable rooms (and very clean), great shower, nice pool and spa area. Overall perfect for a business trip and good value for money (except the internet issue).

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

The hotel did not answer my requests sent through booking.com in advance Wifi-connection was bad - had to log in again every 15 minutes

Very nice building and suite Good breakfast with many local specialities

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Breakfast could include local tates

The room was very big and clean. we stayed with our 6 month old son, and room was big enough for his bed and trolley as well.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

Not all the rooms are non-smoking. Theremay be some problems with organizing cleaning, after check-out we were accompagned to our room, told that it was ready but it was not and the cleaning was ongoing. We were quickly moved to another room.

Location was fine, most of the attractions was a short cab ride (~11-15 TRL) or approx 20 min walk. Just around the corner of Bayazhan, very easy access to hotel after a dinner/drink there. Staff was good and friendly, there was no problem. The room was good and clean except the fact that it was smelling definetly of smoke. Other than this, the room was very nice, on the upper floors (5th and 6th are so called VIP, but not sure the lower rooms are any different or not).

• Reviewed: 10 April 2015

A five star hotel should serve fresh orange juice. The variation could have an uplift aswell. Missed the turkish breakfast and special turkish pastary.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

ROOM TOO SMALL

WIFI GOOD KEEP ON AND MORE QUICK AND EASY ACCESS WILL BE BETTER

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Location, decoration, staff, everything is amazing!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Every thing

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

staff very rude and helpless

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Very unfriendly staff, have no sense how to treat guest. Will never every use this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Very comfortable stay, friendly staff and good location in the centre of Gaziantep.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

No control over thermostat for heating, rooms too hot and stuffy.

Extra large rooms with comfortable beds and amazing showers.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

Food

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

Some rooms have very very slow internet

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

Bed was not very comfortable, the room very small.

Good location, nice restaurant on the terrace, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

no breakfast cereals

location, food

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

the wi-fi connection and the turkish tv choices

the food

• Reviewed: 17 April 2015

Location and staff

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Tugcan Hotel traveller photo gallery