Reviews of Turvan Hotel

Hocapaşa Sk. No:36 Sirkeci, Fatih, 34112 Istanbul, Turkey

#883 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The location is fantastic-a 5 minute walk from the major...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The tiny bathroom is a bathroom in name only. The famous bath with the 'mould' or 'blue stain' has no hook for the shower head and in any case water only comes out of the bath tap positioned at knee height- so unless you are a talented limbo dancer the most you'll ever manage to wash are your feet. There is nowhere to hang clothes or towels except a small towel ring positioned in a corner ominously above a hole in the tiled floor containing water and something white- toilet paper, a piece of fish......? Obviously no working air extractor. The toilet doesn't flush reliably, Unless you can survive a few days without a proper wash this is not the place for a long stay. The breakfast is Turkiish-not English, continental, European - just Turkish. Fair enough. The buffet displays a fruit juice machine which remained without juice for the 4 days we stayed there. A watery trickle came out of the coffee machine instead of milk because it had clotted. Overall, they seem to have an original concept of cleanliness and hygiene..

The location is fantastic-a 5 minute walk from the major sights, the ferries and Sirkeci train station in a lively pedestrian zone full of characteristic restaurants. The staff are as helpful as they can be considering they have a very poor knowledge of English. Air conditioning works perfectly. Pleasant lobby with glass doors opening out onto the street. It's fun trying to get the lift to work...

I didn’t like anything
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Guys if you want to spoil your vacation, you may book at this hotel, its really piece of garbage, I slept at street last night in front of hotel last day of my stay, there was no water , no AirCon , no electricity!!!!! Yes thats true and they didn’t return my money as well ,,, please not that there is no government at Turkey, i called police and went to tourist police , municipality, no one care at all. I do believe that booking.com should remove this property from there list. You may look at (no electricity view of the hotel) corridor and lobby, sorry i didn’t took photos for the room and toilet because i would really forget that i stayed in this hotel Also, the elevator might fall down any time, so dont use it if you still care about staying alive, seriously !!!

I didn’t like anything

The location is really good!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are run down, we have changed rooms because there was a problem in the air conditioning and the window wouldn't close on the first one one, so we've asked for another room and they've changed us, but the second room didn't have a mini fridge and the elevator is a bit scary and doesn't work sometimes.

The location is really good! Close to public transport and the main attractions. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty, awful. The photos on booking do not coincide with reality. The room was dirty, there were insects in room. The bathroom was dirty and broken. There was no warm water. Fortunately, we stayed there only one night. For this money you could reserve good place with good breakfast. Breakfast in hotel also was awful. Dry cheese, old vegetables, etc. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

booking should change the rating its not good for your reputation
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the location was very good in the middel of everything 10mn walking to sultan Ahmad .3mn walking if u want to take a fairy.

but everything else was a disaster.shuttle was without AC the receptionist took money and he didn't give back the exchange i kept asking for it and he kept ignoring,once he said he has no dollars once he said i will send some one to exchanged till 3rd days when i asked for the manager he gave it back. we went to the room and then the surprise very very very dirty room the are hair everywhere in bathroom and not head hair shower it not working sheets for bed there is animals hair on it and stain.anyway we cleaned our room and asked no one to clean it. at the morning the big surprise the breakfast fly every where stains old cheese of course we did not eat at the hotel.i am very disappointed because i chooses the hotel upon booking. com rating.please do something we know its 3 stars hotel but we expect at least to be clean.please booking you should do something abt the rating .and please i have a lot of pix to share travellers please if i can send cos the hotel is 1 star and a mess

Not up to the mark. Require renovations.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. Bath room had broken mirror and tiles. 2. Room lighting was poor. 3. Very old hotel with extra small bathroom. 4. Bath tub was mentioned in the the room details at the time of booking and had nothing. 5. Breakfast was ordinary.

only the location was really amazing... everything else not worth it
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was very dirty, even bathroom was moldy. Floor not cleaned. Most of the time we didn't have toilet paper. Our air condition was leaking and also spitting out some black things. Breakfast just one word...sad One of the younger stuff, steel from me at check-in 20€. And i couldn't prove him he lied.

LOCATION...nothing else really Also most of the stuff was kind of nice.

Location only.

Everything else. Bad internet, bad bathroom and the most important mater that I did indicate check in time at 1 am when arrived, they refused my check in and they want to charge for a full day. Not recommended to anybody, I could get much better hotel for the same value

Location only.

Avoid

Filthy property, and falling apart - holes in walls, bathroom was completely flooded when I arrived due to a faulty pipe under the basin. Rotting wood visable in various parts of the roof. Hotel manager found out I was on an early flight the following day and had the cheek to ask me to check out at 1am - so they could give the room to someone else.

Great Value for Money!!

The facility could use some investment and a good refurbishment. Upgraded rooms, a renewed and modern outlook would add great value to the establishment!

Location, location, location. It's right in the heart of the historical downtown and a few meters away from Metro, Tram and Bus. It's location is just Perfect! Every tourist site is within your reach!

No recommended

No fridge in the room, we spent one full day without water, room service was bad, they didnt change towels and didnt arrange the bed or changed sheets

Nothing in this hotel could be liked

It was terrible !!

Probably, local hotel. when I stay two nights on a weekend, my twin rooms major facilities have break down,and many local youngs were noisy until passed midnight.

just only location !

Excellent Hotel...

---

The staff are friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is close and walking distance to numerous tourist spots as well as to train station. The room is clean.

This hotel has an amazing staff dealing everyday with an old...

First night hotel was over booked I had to spend the night in another hotel.

This hotel has an amazing staff dealing everyday with an old property doing their best to make you feel at home

Dishonest staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff during daytime was not honest at all. Beware when making any deal with him. Originally we booked for 2 nights. After arriving we asked to stay 3 nights more. The staff kept telling us to wait till the day we were supposed to check out and he’ll tell us if it’s possible to have rooms for us. However meanwhile we checked the booking websites and all showed plenty of rooms available (at similar price as we booked). Still due to respect we waited until the last morning as he told us to and asked him again. He told us there’s room for us but we have to pay twice the price because the rooms are almost sold out. We confronted him and asked why does the booking websites (we checked several websites) all showed rooms available (at least 5) at this hotel, the exact dates we’re requesting, with almost the same rate as we booked. He hesitated and gave us an explanation which didn’t make any sense at all. We figured that he only wanted to cheat us and charge us a lot more on the same room. We left and found another hotel to stay. The hotel itself has every factor that made us satisfied and happy, however the dishonest guy ruined the reputation of it.

Good location. The breakfast was abundant.

Low cost hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is really run down nead Tobe removed

Is very well location sitoetet, the staff is very good , lovely breakfast service is a lots of restaurants around.

This hotel will be my choice always!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was better in the 2017 , hope everything will be better , all the way this hotel will be my choice!

Hotel is really comfortable and the staff really responsive , like home ,close to the city centre .

Thanks for all the staff to make up my vacation excellent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I liked everything from the staff to the location, The owner offered sandwiches for my kids free of charge after we checked out. You will feel like home in this hotel. I enjoyed my vacation cause of this hotel and thier staff. I will be back soon even if you are fully booked I will come to say hi Thank you all.

Amazing

I stayed in Turvan Hotel for one night during my business visit to Istanbul. I wish I could have stayed longer. Excellent hotel located within walking distance to Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and Sultanahmet. Turvan Hotel team is absolutely incredible, helpful with all my requests during my stay. Also, I really enjoyed the breakfast with fruits, choice of cheese, pastries, and many more. I will stay in this hotel again next time for my trips to Istanbul.

Stunning stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect! Beds are very comfortable. Staff was very welcoming and really helpful. The location is very close to main touristic attractions in Istanbul and also close to tram & metro stations.

Fantastic
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location. Nice , friendly and helpful personal. Clean place to stay. Very well organized for shuttle to The airport. The atmosphere is very relaxing, people make you feel good while your stay

Great hospitality
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a great welcoming. Normally our rezervation type is a small room , they gives bigger room. Manager was so helpfull . The location near all historical place. Taksim is by walk 20 minutes. Galata tower is 10 minutes. Blue mosq 5 minutes. Breakfast also nice. Thanks for everthing.

Very close and easy access
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel location is at the centre of all attraction. Very close to serkeci tramway station. Very good hospitality from the staff. Enjoyed staying there.

EXCELLENT LOCATİON , FRİENDLY STAFF , PERFECT

—-

It was really nice stay because of its Excellent location , 2 minutes walking distance to sirkeçi tram station , very near to many of great sites and location like Gülhani Sultanahmet and eminonou .. , friendly and helpful staff , very clean rooms and good breakfast finally the price is really good comparing it's service so I'll defiantly recommend it if you're on budget

EXCELLENT

Noti

xcellent location, at walking distance from main attractions; exceptional services, everyone in the hotel willing to help at any time; very nicely decorated room, clean at all times;

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the hote

—————

The hotel's location was excellent with Marmaray metro station and Serkic tram station within two minutes walk. The staff were very helpful and gave good suggestions to tour the city

Brillant Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The manager Ferhat was realy helpfull . He organized our all city tours. Also he managed amazing turkish night . Location is near by metro And fery . Good value for staying

Best memories with Turvan Hotel

wonderful hotel ,with so kind and helpful staff the location is fantastic and every thing is modern and clean ,the room is comfortable , We like it and we will choose it again

My Home In ISTANBUL
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

.Good cleaning servise . Breakfast so many varieties.The location of the hotel was really good, right in the center of old city, really close to Sultanahmet, train and metro stations. The staff was polite and helpful.I didnt feel i was a stranger there the staff were like family and i was sad to say good bye to them . I promise to go back there again .

Excellent perfect for your istanbul trip under your budget

Everything is okay but building need some renovation comapare to other hotels

I like service of hotel team as all people are very helpful specially MR Farhat and MR Emla Owner of hotle also so helpful Specially hotel near by alot of restaurants and big Baazar and all Attraction

DONT STAY HERE.....BETTER OPTIONS AVAILABLE

the management was always after me to book tours.always wanted to give me costly deals. The room toilet flush tank was broken.

Lift was working. Very near to the2 main attractions. Very near to hodshapasha theatre.

Overall, our experience in Turvan hotel was amazing.

The girls who were cleaning, sometimes they don't clean the bathroom as they should do...

Overall, our experience in Turvan hotel was amazing... The staff were helpful especially Mr Farhat... The breakfast was delicious i can give it 7 out of 10... What i most liked about Turvan hotel is the position it's near all the important places in istanbul...

The staff was really nice and help, location is perfect, but the room was different than I expected.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the address in the booking confirmation email was not correct, so following the gps With the wrong address we got lost while looking for the hotel. They forgot our booking so we got a different and not so nice room. The room was smelling of tobacco. The bathroom was not clean.

Perfect location and the staff was really nice.

Not recommended for all.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Toilets are bad, shower broken, shallow space, lights out, rusty rooms! parking not possible.

Friendly reception, thats the Only thing i liked about this hotel.

Great location - Galata bridge, tram stations, lot of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room and bath certainly need repair and cleaning!

Great location - Galata bridge, tram stations, lot of eateries 24/7 (Balkan Lokantasi nextdoor) and shops, Aya Sophia, Topkapi and Blue Mosque 15 min walk. We were pleasntly surprised to find mini-bar instead of TVset. However, bed was very comfortable.

the receptionist namely Farhat was just so nice.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the receptionist namely Farhat was just so nice. he helped us in every possible way he can. we enjoyed the ottoman night show that he recommended and he gave us a very good deal. affordable room rate, breakfast was excellent and location is perfect.

Poor hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing,never stay there again.

Poor hotel.we have reservation via booking.com,when we arrive we find they cancel our booking without any notice. After a while the give us very dirty room, ac not working,bath room broken. Not clean I like only one man called farhat I think he help us.

Perfect Place for a memorable visit in Istanbul

Breakfast not really cool, hotel must include more varieties like rice and soup.

This property is perfect for those who want to stay close to where some famous attractions are located by walking distance for about 15- 20 minutes like the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Sultanhamet Square, Grand Bazar, Egyptian Spices, and other museums. It is also close to public transport stations like train and boats. Mostly, the staff are awesome. Mr. Firzhad is really a good soul, he is kind & professional, try booking your tours with him, he will give you best and honest rates. Mr. Yacub also did a great job for the Turkish bath and Oil Massage, highly recommend it. This hotel caters all you need to enjoy Istanbul at its best.

Good for one night, but not more if you need to feel comfy!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed sheets were like curtains, grabbed and put on beds! The toilet was a nightmare: the shower was terrible and the toilet wasn't clean in general!

The location of the hotel was really good, close to the main attraction sites. Also, it's located in a street full of good restaurants. Its price was convenient!

Good 3.5/5

Breakfast, very limited not much of the variety don't expect too much. Toilet is very cramped up.

The location of the hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Availability of everything nearby, Mosque, food street, grocery, sirkeci tram station just 2 mins walk. Center location between Sultanahmet (Blue Mosque) and Spice Bazaar (Egyptian bazaar). Good if you're here in istanbul for tour purpose and need a place for sleepover only, then this is the hotel to go for.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Basic and a bit creepy

They gave me this very creepy room. I thought, never mind, it's ok. I headed out to find dinner and when I returned, I realised that the room ceiling was leaking. I wasn't sure where the water was coming from so, I asked them to transfer me to another room. They said they didn't have another room. So, I couldn't take it, it felt unsafe and disgusting, to be honest. I told them, I'd look for another accommodation then. All of a sudden the reception said, oh , they have another room but it has to be cleaned first. And so, I waited. The next room looked lighter and better but it still, is definitely old. Air-condition was leaking and remote control wasn't working.

Very good location though. Internet was fast and people were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also basic but filling.

If you're not too fussy and you're on a budget, it is good value.

Bathrooms poor maintenance : no shower door, leaking toilet, broken tap, holes in towels. Beds : sheets too short for bed, holes in sheets. Missing light globes.

Location and price

Good value central hotel handy to everything.

Aircon was broken during my stay and wasn't fixed before I left. Shower cubicle drainpipe leaked all over the bathroom floor.

Staff and owner were really nice. Nice sheet and fluffy underlay making the bed very comfortable like sleeping on clouds. Location is excellent. Price is very good too.

Beware before booking this hotel

Nothing at all, the hotel is in really bad condition. The water was not coming in my room for 2 days and reception saying maintenance going on, not sure what was happening. The rooms needs a lot of cleaning and bathroom were really dirty. Breakfast was not good at all. Don't think I will ever go again into this hotel.

Nothing at all, the hotel is in really bad condition. The water was not coming in my room for 2 days and reception saying maintenance going on, not sure what was happening. The rooms needs a lot of cleaning and bathroom were really dirty. Don't think I will ever go again into this hotel.

Good Value for Money : Go for it Backpackers

for 9 euros per night breakfast included , there is nothing to complain about.

-location : near to all attractions ( top kapi palace , blue mosque, eminomu, galata bridgem two steps from a metro stop, in the heart of Sirecki surrounded by fast foods and small shops ) -staff : helpful and friendly. -value for money : booked a night in Turvan hotel for 9 euros breakfast included. - presence of a lift is a plus especially when you have a heavy suitcase and your room is in the 3rd or 4th floor.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Great location, good value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The first night they said that something wrong happened and they moved us to another hotel where the noise of the light train is all over the room. The second and third nights they moved us back to their hotel but they gave us one share of everything in a double room !! I mean they gave us one towel, one shampoo and even a bed cover for one person !!. The second day they solved the problem of one towel but they couldn't find a blanket for two people !! so we had to cover up with single-person blanket.

The location was excellent, the staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Close to everything but dirty and unmanaged bathrooms
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They bathrooms were very dirty and the towels were not clean when we arrived. We had to ask for fresh set of towels. The bathroom's state never changed. The breakfast served was very Turkish and didn't include any other options, if you plan to stay here plan your breakfast somewhere else.

Bed was comfortable and the location was amazing, it was close to many other sights and it was cheap.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Poor facility,good location and breakfast.

facility is very poor. We didn't have a cold watter only have hot so even hadn'the have shower. We asked to change a room but they didn't due to absent of the free room.

Staff is friendly,location,breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Excellent location with proximity to Sirkeci Marmaray...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness would be something to work on - the premisses are in a need of upgrade, especially bathroom. Some rooms have a heavy wear off. We change the rooms 3 times to find a good one.

Excellent location with proximity to Sirkeci Marmaray station and Eminou ferry terminals on a one side and Sultanahmet with Hagia Sophia and Blue mosque on the other. Tram passing jus on a neighbouring street. Excellent price for longer stay. Super comfy beds. Excellent staff taking care we would have a great stay.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Worst hotel in istanbul

At first the receptionist was extremly rude and the rooms were smelly and dirty, after he changed our rooms to a different ones but they were dirtier, we spent the night only because we arrived at 11 at night, and we left early in te morning eventhough we have already paid for the the entire 4 nights, and the daily receptionist said that if we have paid in cash he could have returned the money but because we aid by credit card, it was not possible. Worst hotel in istanbul, i ve visited the city for more than 14 times.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Recommended for who is looking for cheap prices not who is persnickety and in a clean manner.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The facilities were very old and some of the was out of order. The bath cabin was too narrow and uncomfortable. Bad smell in the room.

The guy in the reception was helpful and he changed our room after staying a night, because the crashed toiled was not repaired after our noticed!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Excellent hotel, RECOMMENDED!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff(they spoke good English,attentive service by the hotel manager and staff) ,Location(which is in the heart of the city with not more then 5 minutes to any places for transport and near famous touristic places) , was really great ! Good breakfast and comfortable room makes you feel like it's your second home ! Also the prices was unbelievable . I will come back to this property again.I personally would recommend this hotel considering u pay very reasonable amount for the fantastic services u get in return. They also arranged transport for my arrival and departure from and to the airport.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Very Good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You need to open the shower and wait about 4 minutes for the hot water !

Staff ,Location , was really great ! Good breakfast and comfortable room makes you feel like it's your second home ! Also the prices was unbelievable .

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Best value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom equipment was old and walls were moldy. Really needs renovation.

Location's on a small busy touristic street. Staff was always super friendly and helpful. Good hammam and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Excellent place for the value of money and excellent staff

Everything is fine in terms of cleanliness, location. The breakfast was very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Down of the hotel there's many shops for gifts and many restaurants. I recommend you this hotel

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Great Place To Stay.

Even though I will not rate this place 100%, I don't think there was something I didn't like.

Everything; especially the staff; they were extremely friendly and they spoke good English. The buffet breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Fantastic stay at Turvan hotel........

Everything........the hotel provided me newly renovated room. The front desk persons were too much helpful. Even they help me checking in online for my flight. Breakfast was also very good. I will come back to this property again. They also arranged transport for my midnight flight.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

good but not good.

i read the good comments on booking.com and proceed to book this hotel. i checked in the first room, the room is in sorry state, the walls were moldy, the tiles were cover with black fungus. i complained and they changed me to another room hopefully better, but the condition about the same while the wall papers even the ceiling are peeling off. they proposed to change me yet another "better" room, i bet it will be the same. i was suppose to stay for 10 nights and leave the next morning. this hotel might be in good shape long time ago but seriously need refurbishment.

good breakfast, good location and next to my most favorite restaurant. the staffs are accommodating and kind.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The staff have a various amount of languages between them ,...

The staff have a various amount of languages between them , and the location of the Hotel is excellent ,which is in the heart of the city with not more then 5 minutes to any places for transport Im really happy with the outcome and will recommend it to anyone , Thank you

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

This hotel should not be advertised on Booking.Com
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a very strong detergent smell on all the floors.... When we told the receptionist... he refused to accept this and said that '' Our hotel does not smell'' It is very hard to sleep with this smell. First the receptionist said that no rooms are available... then when we suggested that we wanted to move out of the hotel... 4 other rooms suddenly became available on different floors... Again with the same horrible smell..... We were told that we will be charged for one night anyways .... So we decided to stay the night and move to another hotel the next day... Next morning we told the receptionist that we wanted to move... and he said that we had to pay for 2 nights..... after arguing we decided to pay for 2 nights... but we have to take this up with booking.com... AND MOVED TO A VERY CLEAN an nice hotel.... IPEK PALAS. The rooms in TURVAN HOTEL were disgusting.... very old... thumb tacks were holding the paper wall, the toilet bowl had stains from many years, there were half doors for the shower.... so that means the shower cabin does not close. One of our friend slipped in the shower and fell and hit her head... there was blood coming out from her head.... when this was addressed to the night receptionist... he said that nothing can be done. After pressing for some medicine... finally gave some sort of penicillin. When asked for the accident book... we were told that it shall be in the hotel on Monday... clearly we were not going to be in Istanbul on Monday. The ''Accident book'' should be present 24 hours , 7 days a week!!!!! DISGUSTING HOTEL!!!!!

Staff behave

Room to small and very bad condition

Staff behave

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

ITS in the heart of Istanbul

ITS in the heart of Istanbul Near everything Comfortable

All staff

Close to Eminou ferry terminal.

Nothing really stands out as unlikeable.

It was convenient for my needs and the staff were very warm and helpful.

Perfect

Douche

L emplacement personnel

Sleepless night
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Too old building, AC didn’t work properly and they brought me a fan, yes a fan!

Good value for money.

We were a group of 32 people. One room was without windows and something was falling down from the ceiling.

Excellent location. Polite staff.

I felt like I was at home, a wonderful treat

I felt like I was at home, a wonderful treat

Nice and pleasant staff

Nice and pleasant staff

Pleasant staff.

Pleasant staff. Good location

Good location.

Staff was nice, but poor english except from the front desk. Old place, oldfashioned and a bit dusty.

Good location. Good breakfast.

I’ll will not make it again to this hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi is very very very bad. Is not that clean. Stad one day whit out water. Annoying.

Good value for money and good morning staff.

Evening room service

Its near to Sirkeci station. Resturants are near. Old city attractions are near.

Perfect place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is perfect, the staff are so nice and friendly especially farhat, the price is so low if compared to nearby hotels

Browse Turvan Hotel traveller photo gallery