Reviews of Aleph Hotel

Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Şehit Mehmet Paşa Sok. No:15 Sultanahmet, Fatih, 34112 Istanbul, Turkey

#356 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Double or Twin Room

Most of the services are not available at the room, there are no air condition, no refrigerator, no telephone. Water leak in the bathroom. Breakfast so limited.

Perfect location. nice and kindly stuff.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms very very small, unclean. There wasn't enough room for 2 persons. Some of the sheets and towels were dirty. The rooms did not look as in the pictures.The receptionists ( 2 out of 4 persons) had poor English. The breakfast was bad and there was no coffee.

• Double or Twin Room

No room service! when we asked for it they didn’t clean the floor or bathroom , they didn’t change the bed sheets even once for our whole stay ( 6 days)! They only changed the towels which were very old and looked as if they have been used for years. The breakfast wasn’t open buffet. The quality and quantity of food were disappointing. We had a room with a patio (Photo included ) TV was not working Air conditioning was not working but they could fix it.

The hotel location was a walking distance from the important historical areas but the way to it was uphill which needs effort. Although the staff were not so professional, yet they were helpful. Yezda is a good chef. She tried her best despite the limited facilities.

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The hotel is well located but the area is full of hotels so just pick up another one! The hotel needs to be refurbished: the paint of some corridors is falling apart, the walls of my room had 3 wholes, the last day I went to the guest toilet on the -2 floor and it was an abandoned area and the toilet was dirty...etc The staff, most of them, are friendly. They are just in their early 20´s, they don't have experience-background in the hotel field so they neither know how to cope with some request nor run the business. First of all the room is only done if you ask for it (I was told that on the second day when I mentioned it). I had to ask for 3 times to 3 different receptionist for about 2 days until my room was done, every time I asked for it each receptionist didn't know anything about it. I also mentioned to change the sheets as they were broken but It never happened. When the towels were changed, the new ones were broken too. The kitchen and the girl who worked there deserve a special mention. The first morning when I went for breakfast I found a young girl preparing the dishes which included different type of cheeses, honey and some veggies. I asked her for an alternative as I don't like cheese at all, her answer was sarcastic saying that If I wanted something different I should pay for it. A few minutes later a colleague of her came and I could understand how she explained him, making fun of me, about my request of having something different as I didn't like cheese... Funny enough she confirmed me that the breakfast varies according to the day, which was completely false. I just went down in the mornings for the coffee, which some mornings was better than other. On my second day her reply to my request for the coffee (there is not self service) was If I was talking English as she couldn't understand me at all (I have 2 nationalities and one of them is British).

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

The info was wrong it is two bed room and max 2 guests in the room. Booking.com is banned across the Turkey and turkish support phone number was blocked. I was not informed about it, so i was unable to change the hotel or get any support.

Close to Blue Mosque

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

It wasn't clean my room didn't get cleaned and change bedding ,bath room didn't got cleaned in the period I have stayed ,I reprted to the manager nothing done.

It's satuated in near by sultan ah met and near all restaurant and amunity

• Double or Twin Room

Volkan, in the reception is so rude. He was fighting with his colleagues in front of the customers and swear to them.

Breakfast was very good. The kitchen staff were friendly and kind. Wifi connection was normal. There was a man (Mahsun or Muhsin) who helped us very much, we are very grateful to him.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom door, resulted in spills of water on the floor when shower

The points of attractions e.g; Sultanahmet can be reached just by walking distance

• Double or Twin Room

Was given the room with non working AC. I was with my wife and was coming from the airport. There was a hotel staff guy with long hairs, dont remember his name. He didnt even bothered to help me with a single bag and i had to carry 3 bags and a backpack myself to the 2nd floor by the stairs. Room was narrow. Pathetic breakfast.

It is close to Blue Mosque but hotel is a bit downhill. Next day there was another staff guy. I complained to him about the AC and he was polite and upgraded the room for us.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very poor: small piece of cucumber, tomato, two slices of sausage, few olives, piece of cheese, some jam and bread. There was also a cup of tea.

The location is wonderful. It is very close to Grand Bazzar, Blue Mosque and other sights. There is a terrce on the roof with seaview.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom is a bit small and the heat wasn't high but they fixed it.

Very quiet location, attentive staff, fresh coffee that the receptionist insist on serving herself

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

really nothing. but they can take advantages of the hotel bosphoure view & provide breakfast in restaurant or terrace with bosphore view this add another star to this hotel

the best hotel i have been in 21's times visiting turkey.elegant hotel's building & rooms. my room reflected silver colour the bed, desk, safety deposit box & the balthroom all in silver colour. the reality of the room is more elegant than the photos. wifii extremely fast, tv include's 500 channels in turkish lang & others, refrigerator is excellent. staff are very friendly & helpful. the locality of the hotel is very near to hybedrom of sultanahmet in very quiet street. honestly the value of the hotel is by far exceed than this kind of money

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Room with Private Garden

The room we had initially booked was dirty and filled with bugs. Housekeeping is not done daily. we had to actually request cleaning materials, clean covers and sheets, and did the housekeeping our selves, which beats the point of staying at a hotel Vs a residence.

The room initially booked was the room with the garden. The size and design of the room in itself is nice, but it was filthy, full of bugs and smelled of humidity and mustiness, so much so we didn't last more than 5 minutes. Staff were very helpful in making sure we changed our room, and provided us with additional amenities, a table for our balcony instead of the garden we were looking forward to. The room they provided us with was clean, modern, comfortable, and seemed as though we had completely changed the hotel. Seeing the difference in quality cleanliness of both rooms, the hotel never should have put the first up for reservation in the first place. Management is very unaware of the consequences of this visit, had it not been for the young gentleman working at the reception, whose name escapes me, who went above and beyond to make our stay more pleasurable, and we thank him sincerely for all he has done for us, day and night!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The stale smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways. A minor complain really.

I can highly recommend this lovely little hotel in the heart of the oldest part of Istanbul, Sultanahmet. It is extremely close to all the icons : Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, underground Cistern, Topkapi Palace, museums, Grand Bazaar, public transport, and any number of great little restaurants and shops. The desk is manned 24 hours and staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. My room was modern, very clean and well equipped. Lovely sheets, good pillows and comfortable bed. The shower was the best I encountered in 8 weeks of travelling. This hotel was very affordable and I was surprised at the value for money I received. I was a woman travelling alone so I had some reservations and concerns leading up to my arrival in Turkey but once there I felt totally comfortable and safe both in and out of the hotel environment. I engaged the services of an English speaking Turkish guide to orientate me to the city, show me how to use public transport and help me book a trip to Cappadocia. It was well worth it because we had a great few days together while he answered my many questions and showed me around and then I was comfortable to continue exploring on my own. I will leave the details of my guide with the hotel if you wish to avail yourself of his services, I recommend him, his name is Garren. Istanbul is a wonderful place and I felt quite safe there even in these troubled times.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Comfortable, hygenic, good location, perfect staff; everything was perfect. I especially liked girls because they welcomed us with smiling faces. If I go to Istanbul again, I will stay this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

There are people who smog inside the rooms

Close to all the interesting places and excellent staff

Small breakfest.

Good location. Nice room.

The furniture is old

Viwe and location and price and quite

• Double or Twin Room

Noise from other rooms, old interior, poor breakfast

Location and staff

• Double or Twin Room

Room and bathroom was too small.

It was clean.

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Everything was very bad the staff ,the cleaning ,the location,and the rooms It’s too noisy I couldn’t slept on the night

I love this Hotel ❤ i'll be back 😍

Shower facilities

Its was nice

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Everything is ok

Cleaning and breakfast

n/a

Super staff, great location, fast WiFi, clean room, hot water and heating system, comfortable bed

• Junior Suite with Sea View

View on top floors

• Double or Twin Room

the good location and qiuet space, the reception also is very kindly people, wish to live again

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Location good, clean and very confortable

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Junior Suite with Sea View

The room with terrace has wonderful view. Too close to tram station and touristic areas.Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Clean the workers are very nice and located in such beautiful place

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The facility in the rooms need more care.

The good treatment of the staff.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very helpful and friendly staff - really did enjoy my stay. Good location and calm atmosphere. Would love to stay there again.!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was as promised. The pictures are accurate to the last detail. Very clean and cosy.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Single Bed in Dormitory Room

Just a bit far then station.

Everything was so clean. Good location. Considering with money ita a perfect place.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

all is well.. satisfied with the services

Staff was excellent, location was superb

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

We had a very pleasant stay for one night. Rooms were clean although some renovation work was going on. Room was very clean.Hotel is walking distance from Sultanhat bazar. Staff members were very supportive and helpful. We wish while coming back use the same hotel rather than going to near by airport hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2016

I had no complaint at all

Great location! Within walking distance to the attractions at the old city such as the blue mosque, topkapi palace, hagia sophia and basilica cistern...also about 20mins walking to the grand bazaar ..the staff was friendly and helpful...esp. Kristel who helped me out the issues for the booking etc..

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

They can add water and coffee would be better.

The staff very nice and helpful specially the girl from Kazakhstan was very kind with me ,also they provide welcome drink (Soda) , value for money on special dates.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

nothing to add here sorry...it was really good.

Amazing view from the roof. Best and kindest service ever. Best location.Would recommend 100%. They even offer free coffee all day and night long!

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

Right next to the mosque - at 5am you are going to be wake up by the noisy call for prayers. That was disappointing

Friendly and helpfull staff Good location Clean room Value for money

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

pray at the morning from mosque places close to hotel

place 3 min to sultanahmed, staff, nice clean room, aircondition, small fridge on the room, comfort bed, quiet place (no rush street)

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

موظف الاستقبال سيء جدا وعصبي ، وغير مؤدب. The receptionist is a very bad man & not friendly at all, my room was not ready when I arrived.

لم يعجبني إلا قربه من السلطان أحمد

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

reception to check me in is not friendly, in the corner of the street, noisy, below average breakfast

room size good compared to other hotels in the same location

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Shower tank is too small even for a skinny person, bathroom stays underwater, we stayed up at the door for 15 mins at the night, hotel entrance always closed, it should be easy entry,

Wifi and TV options with the movie channels

• Reviewed: 1 July 2015

+ Nothing bad to mention because of the good value for money

+ Everyone did his best to help us with the smallest or the most serious requests of ours. All the personal will be sincerely smiling to you (unless you never smile at all :) ). +Breakfast was traditional turkish and mom-made! yummy! +Rooms tend to be small (but its ok, you're in Istanbul to visit mostly the sights, not your room!). +Bathroom is completely new, everything very clean (new towels everyday). +lovely terrace and view +The receptionist accompanied us to a nearby restaurant on foot! + nice suggestions for tours + convenient airport transfer

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

Restaurants are not closely located

View of the sea during Breakfast; walking distance from most of the historical sites; Kept our request of not giving rooms underground

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

The staff were very unfriendly, they are very rude and make you feel like you are disrupting them if you ask them a question. Our room wasn't cleaned twice out of the 5 nights. My wife wanted a sleep-in one day so we put up the do not disturb sign. At 10.30am the cleaners knocked on the door saying they need to clean the room, when I ask if they could come back after 12 because my wife is tired and wanting to sleep, they looked at me in disgust, then started vacuuming out the front of our room. It also took 4 days to get our washing back, each time we asked when it would be ready, they would just say tomorrow. They seemed to speak good English when we arrived, but when we needed something or I complained that our room wasn't cleaned, they just say sorry English is no good. Our double bed only had a single bed sheet on it with nothing else, when I asked for a duvet I was given a dirty duvet with no duvet cover.

The location is great, it is a short walk up a hill to the blue mosque and other major attractions, there is also some really nice and cheap local restaurants and bars near by.

• Reviewed: 31 May 2015

I had asked a lot to have safety box (no one had helped) TV was not working and it took lot of time to recover this issue Breakfast was so poor (almost no refill)

Price of the room

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Every body is very helpful. It is so close to Blue mosque and all the historical places. The prices are so affordable, the rooms are good. The owner Yasar is very nice he let us store our suitcases for eight days while we were out to Cappaddocia, Venice , Florence and Rome. I am so thankful to him. I really appreciate that and thankful to him to stored my stuff without any charge. The breakfast was good and the ladies were very nice. I will recommend to my freinds. They will be coming very soon.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

Nice clean rooms (not big but OK). Decent breakfast. Hotel is located in very quiet area. Very nice view from the terrace. You can have some problems if you are coming there by car (for taxi is no problem :-)).

• Reviewed: 27 April 2015

A bit hard to find. Room small and a bit dingy No elevator but staff carried bags to room.

Good location 500 m down a steep hill from the Sultanahmet. Friendly and helpful staff; with someone who speaks English always available, newly renovated bathroom. Terrific value for money. Quiet room.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

We have stayed at Darul Eman Hotel for about 2 weeks. Everything was perfect. The location was excellent within 5 minutes walking distance from Sultan Ahmed square and tramp station. The rooms were reasonably spacious, comfortable and clean. They have a great variety of food in the morning, very good wi-fi. All the personnel was very attentive, warm, helpful and gives you a family-like atmosphere, especially Ali, the ladies in the breakfast room and the lady from house keeping. Above all, the owner (Yaśar) was a very friendly and helpful. He was very generous, kind and helped a lot to arrange our trip in Istanbul and outside Istanbul. He took us in great trip to Sapanca, Bursa,Yalova and Iznik. He is one of those people who can make your visit a piece of joy, knowledge and enjoyment. Thank you all in darul eman hotel for your hospitality, you were amazing. Hope to see you again soon. Best regards from Riyadh!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

We really loved this place, it was like being at home. The hotel is very convenient very close to everything but still there is no noise outside. First and foremost we really loved the staffs kindness and their attention toward us and how much more they did that is beyond what we have expected. We travel a lot to Istanbul and this is the first time we all would love to stay in this hotel again. We would especially like to thank Halil, Yasar, Ali, Bunyamin, Sukru, Batuhan, Dilber and the rest of the staff. Thank you all for a wonderful stay and we hope to see you all again. WE ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL! You wont regret it :-)))

• Reviewed: 21 March 2015

it remind it me of a family style accomodation which is very comforting especially if you are away from home. Very quite and clean. Breakfast very good and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is situated 10' walk to some of the main attractions of Istanbul (Aghia Sofia, Blue Mosque etc) and within this distance you reach the tram station that brings you to the other side of Istanbul.. Definitely is the place I choose in my next trip in IstanbulNothing

• Reviewed: 14 March 2015

The location is a maze, it's hard to reach there and hard to get out. No parking spots and the street is so narrow, I had my car scratched while trying to get out of there. There are 4 rooms in the basement where you pass by their food processing place. those rooms are noisy and you smell the food in the morning!

The staff were helpful. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2015

Not recommend to have third level room ..

Very close to tram station and close to blue mosque with just 5 min walking ... Nice breakfast for the amount we paid the whole week .

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

We had a room in a basement and it was not very good. We heard some noise both from the street and from the hotel lobby. And in the morning the whole room was full of smells from their kitchen nearby. Also the room was very small and the walls there were kind of dirty and sharped. What we did not like was the hotel staff. Too sweet but at the same time ready to cheat you.

The location is good. Walking distance to main tourist attractions like Hagia Sophia and Galata Bridge. You still need to walk there for 15-30 minutes so it's not super close but good enough. Also there are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

We couldn't find the hotel so we called. The receptionist kept doing other things while we were waiting for an explanation.... He didn't seem to care if we were on roaming and paying a lot for the call. Even with the directions he gave us, we still had to wander for some more time. We got a really nice room with a balcony on level -2. Next day we left in the morning and came back at midnight. Guy at the reception said good night and we went to our room. When we opened, we found another guests on it who were already sleeping. We were confused and in shock as this has ever happened to us before. We went back to the reception and the guy called someone else and finally he explained to us that they changed our room during the day. He showed us the new room and fortunately they had moved our belongings there without missing anything. The new room was pretty small and basic and didn't comply with the characteristics agreed upon reservation. Furthermore, the toilet was constantly leaking making the bathroom floor to be flooded all the time. The worst part though, is the fact that they changed our room without any notice or warning. They could have easily anticipated that they needed the other room but nobody mentioned anything until we actually found other people in what it was supposed to be our room. Nobody seemed to care about apologies or compensations so we just left after 3 nights but we will neither come back nor recommend this place to anyone.

The best was the location: walking distance to the blue mosque and even the gran bazaar, which is 15 min away. Wifi seemed to work fine and the room and extras are quite good for the price you pay.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2015

Asked for a Reciept didn't have one available, paid in full, had to wait half a day for change, checked out and was in a local business when a member of staff followed us in and claimed we owed some money because no record of full payment to another member of staff had been made. Very embarrassing !

Amazing location great restaurants, historical sights

• Reviewed: 27 February 2015

The walls were pretty thin. Our first night we could clearly hear the conversation of our neighbors through the wall. I would highly recommend this hotel, but if you stay here, perhaps ask for a room not facing the street, as we found the noise of people walking by a little loud at night.

Great location in the heart of the Sultanahmet, right near the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, as well as, more everyday needs like restaurants and small convenience stores to buy water and snacks. The staff were very kind and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

The staff mere and ali very helpful and so were the other staff. Answered questions and if didn't know they found out the answer. Value for money

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

The road in front of the hotel is very steep and during snowy days, it is very slippery but there is nothing we can do.

The location is very close to the attractions such as the Blue mosque and Hagia Sofya.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

when I checked in the hotel was totally booked and they put me in a room under stairs. the room it looked like an office and they converted to a room. there was a small bed and mattress on the floor.

Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2015

The only issues were that when booked it specified that it was a family room but we were given three double rooms which was probably better. The first night we had to stay at a different hotel because of booking issues but again we didn't mind as luggages were moved by staff and hotel was only 1 min away. Also the location was a bit difficult to explain to taxis but managed to find an alternative to asking to be dropped of at the blue mosque (5 min walk away)

The hotel was a lot better than I expeceted, comfy rooms, very clean, working tv with a wide range of channels, breakfast was good - both hot and cold options. The staff were very helpful and the hotel owner was always at hand for both dealing with problems or simply a conversation. Felt very comfortable would defiantly stay again. The hotel has a very homely feel to it.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

1. Location is bad, even it s 7 minutes walk from Sultan Ahmad Jamei but you need to go up the mountain. 2. I agreed to check out at 1:00 PM and came to my room found all my stuff out of the room. The cleaners wrapped my stuff randomly and through my luggage out. 3. I booked a big room and was given a very small one (I think around 10 m2). I have to ask for refund to get the price deference. 4. Breakfast at basement, no nice view. Also I was not offered breakfast even with the change in room. 5. It is not true that it has 9.0 rating. This should not get more than 7.0.

Staff was welling to help.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2015

the location was just a little bit confusing but its good and near central facilities.

the best two things about it are the stuff and the cleaness. we loved the bed too, it felt like home. the price was very logical too

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

the walls are a little thin, there was an awful lot of noise from the people and the tv in the next room

Beautiful hotel! really excellent location! very helpful freindly staff

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Absolutely nothing at all.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were on route from another place and had a ton of luggage, the staff were very helpful in unloading and loading our luggage. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Location was very convenient. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

Everything was simply excellent, excess of hospitality and kindness, amazing place

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

Toilet doesn't work.

Everyting! I'll come back again on Feb.8th. Good staff,awesome service.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2015

location is great. staff is very helpful

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Clean and calm place. Fantastic staff. Overall 9/10 :)

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Great hospitality and good cooperative staff

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

bad hotel, it seems after changing manger things going wrong, breakfast very bad

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Shower drain did not work properly.

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Aleph Hotel traveller photo gallery