Reviews of Legacy Ottoman Hotel 5 stars

Hobyar Mahallesi Hamidiye Caddesi No:16 Sirkeci, Fatih, 34112 Istanbul, Turkey

#750 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

A lot of the facilities of the hotel where at an additional cost. Which isn't my experience of other comparable hotels in Italy or France.

The location was excellent and the lobby was opulent. Also, the 6th floor bar had amazing views with a good, reasonably priced, drinks menu.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The house keeping can be better for cleaning and amenities.

Atmosphere of the hotel is very good、specially in the lobby. The bed was quite OK and room is wide enough.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Great location (close to the metro/tram) in the old part of the city. Spa swimming pool and gym was great. Lovely view from the breakfast room overlooking the Bosporous!

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

FRONT DESK ONLY ON 2ND DAY OF OUR STAY. WHEN THEY STARTED TO KEEP CALLING US TO LEAVE THE ROOM AFTER 12 WHILE OUR STAY DIDN'T FINISH YET AND EVEN I HAVE PAID FOR THAT DAY IN ADVANCE. I REALIZED THAT THEY DID IT IN MISTAKE BUT THIS IS NOT THE WAY EVEN IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO CHECKOUT AT THE SAME DAY AND THE PEOPLE DIDN'T LEFT THE ROOM UNTIL 12PM.

It was an excellent stay as always, value for money and very close to major transport links. This was my 4th time stay at Legacy Ottoman Hotel. Our stay was so wonderful, luxurious and indulgent with a magnificent sea view room and brilliant service in a massage room from a lady we have encountered. Great massage and in economical rate. But unfortunately we had bad experience this time on 2nd day of our stay, I don't want to write here as Legacy Ottoman is one of our great and best hotel to stay in Istanbul ever but unfortunately we have faced it, on 2nd day when I was in massage room at 12.30pm, the front desk keep started to call my wife and come up at the door to leave the room as they suppose or may be by mistaken they think that I have to checkout on that day, while I paid it in advance for all nights before to stay. But they didn't stop and keep calling in my room, even the person disturbed me while I was massaging because of front desk. When I have finished up with massage and went to Front Desk they checked it and said sorry that's it. It was very pathetic and disappointing for us. Overall it was nice to stay there. We love to stay at Legacy Ottoman. Breakfast was perfect on top floor with great and best view. Value for money and close to stations. Sirkeci and as well as Eminonu. Most recommended hotel to stay in Istanbul at Fatih Street.

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

"Rooftop bar/restaurant" is actually located on the top floor. Views are ok, but it is not open to the sky like I had imagined.

Staff and beautifully decorated building.

• Deluxe Room with City View

We had booked two rooms. When we arrived at 4 pm and we received only one room, the second one was not prepared. And it was not prepared even after one hour. Then, we came back the late evening and we received the room not in the 3rd floor what was told, but in the first floor, but the room was not like what we expected. After one nigth they changed the room. From one of our room disappeared book. The staff could help us to return it, just telling every time, that they need to ask another shift.

The hotel is very nice. Location perfect. Brekfast very good with nice view from 6 floor.

• Superior Room

Taxi pick up service was agreed but not provided so had to find my own ride when i landed. Breakfast is very expensive given the options outside. Had to move rooms half way through the stay which was not ideal.

Location is great. The hamam facility is very good. Room was clean.

First of all this is the third time I have been staying at this hotel ... its location is excellent ... but this time nothing was going upside down .. we had the first two rooms we got at 1:30 and the second room at 2:30. In the second room we got a third bed not at all comfortable, and during the whole stay the rooms were clean just on the sides, so much so on the fifth day of their stay they did not clean the rooms or change the towels, and even after I said it at reception they only had new towels. It was a disappointment to a five-star hotel ... After twice I enjoyed it but this time I'm quite disappointed.

This time only the lucation

• Deluxe Room with City View

Smell of sewer from the first room we were allocated. Housekeeping pour some form of chemical to reduce the odour but the chemical affect us badly to an extend we nearly vomit. They changed our room when we highlighted this. Some staff did not understand English well but talk to us and then left us wondering if they will be back with a response. Housekeeping never responded to calls. Had to go thro reception.

Good location. Great breakfast. Value for money. Some staff were quick and proactive in offering assistance.

• Superior Room

Ventilation, the room was overall wet. Sound, we could easily hear the voices from next room through the bathroom. Probably I should of have asked and paid, if I knew before, for a better room.

Location and price.

• Deluxe Room with City View

hotel is very nice, with breakfest (rich and good) restaurnat and bar on the roof, with look to Bospor, is close all interesting things by walk, not far form Bosporus. Surrounding is not the nicest, but are restaurants and coffee shops in the near.

The location very good, clean room, and all staff very helpful and profesional, expecialy beautifull staff relation, Maryam, she always help us to organize our tour and transportation in Istanbul.

• Superior Room

Breakfast was average - was the same every day that we decided to eat elsewhere even though we paid for breakfast upfront. Did not have a bin in our room for 4 days despite asking several times. Only the bellboy was able to help us eventually in the 5th day.

The cleanliness and comfort of the room. The location was great - easy access to tramway, bazaars and other sights. Bellboy, Osman was very helpful and courteous.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Dirty rooms, lots of dust in the wardrobe, no towels, very slow staff (waited 2-4 hours for towels to bring), awful hairdryer. Air conditioner didn't work and it was 25 degrees C outside.

Only the location

• Deluxe Triple Room

First night no air conditioning.

Locatie is perfect. From here you can do the whole old city by foot. The street in front the hotel is closed for traffic and has nice little shops. Rooms are spacious. The hotel is a bit old fashioned but that has it advantages. Good steam bath and sauna

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Not too keen on the shower in the bathroom

The perfect location if you want to have walking distance to most of the attractions, old town, Galata tower and ferry terminal at Eminönü.

• Superior Room

The hotel is old and hasn’t been under reconstruction for a long time, it’s a pity for such a beautiful buliding. The towels were not white at all as it should be in 5star hotel. We were not given robes even after asking for them. We were checked in after 7 hours of waiting even we were genius clients. For the first two hours the hotel crew couldn’t find our reservation, finally we were waiting exactly untill 14 pm to be checked in without any apologies for inconvience. It was so hot in the room when we came in and there was no possibility to use an air conditioner as it wasn’t yet turned to a cool mode for the season.

Location and architecture of the hotel are great

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

There was a huge mistake in the spelling of my first name. It is long but the staff could pay attention. Also, the windows were dirty and English skills of half of the staff aren't too good.

Great location, view from the rooftop restaurant was amazing, the room was furnished with taste. It is nice detail to find the welcome letter from the hotel on my room table.

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

The towels were clean but not soft, I think they were too old. The carpet in my room was dirty and smelling bad. The telephone never worked. The ventilation in the bathroom didn’t work and that caused bad smell. The sheets were stained.

The food was good, the overall look of the hotel was fantastic, the SPA is very nice, the staff kind and helping. The location is perfect, just walking time to all of the interest points.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Hygiene very bad (mold in the room and bathroom) Dirty rooms Very noisy Rooms very hot and small (closet door could not even open) Low service level I would not recommend this hotel, many good ones in the same area. This is not five star, maximum three for the room but hygiene level makes it even lower.... very disappointing. Staff admitted the current state and all the items mentioned above. “Guest relations” asked me to please not to provide a review on booking.com, very weird!

Location the only good thing

• Deluxe Room with City View

The staff at reception are not very polite.almost as if they are doing you a favour .There behaviour was so impolite that I felt like going to a different hotel.However the rest of the staff was very helpful.

The location is awesome.close to the sea and tram bus ferry eateries shopping

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The air conditioning in the room doesn't get very cool. I was sweating the whole night and i had the AC on the coldest.

Really good shower and bed. Excellent location

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

They forgot to pick us up at the airport even after I reveived a confirmation email so we waited an hour for nothing until we decided to call a taxi. They gave us a room so dirty and warm (no AC), we were expecting a 5 stars and we were very disappointed. We asked to change room but they were confused and we had to move twice. The staff did not seem to care that they forgot about is at the airport. That was our first experience of Turkey. They even asked us to put positive comments on booking.com after we checked out. The hair dryer was from the 70's, there was a party at the hotel restaurant on the first night and we could not sleep, the music was too loud until 3 am. Istanbul is the most beautiful city in the world and we discovered many hotels that were 100 times better everywhere around the city. Apart from the beautiful lobby, everything was disapponting.

The lobby was beautiful.

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

Poor breakfast, no so clean hotel. Expensive for what it worth. Small spa.

I like that I receive an upgrade from sea view to corner king suite and, because I wanted sea view the reception guy made me an further upgrade to king suite sea view

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

The service at breakfast was not as expected

The staff are wonderful the best location in OldIstanbul very well decorated and if visiting the old part of Istanbul this is your lication The panoramic view of istanbul from the restaurant is wonderful

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

the staff are friendly. i was offered an upgrade for my room for free at the beginning. the location is great - somehow in the middle between Sultanahmat and Taqsim areas with accessible tramway station few meters away. the breakfast at the roof level is amazing with a great view over the Galata Bridge area. the spa offers great massage, turkish bath with Sauna and foam rooms. the overall rating of the restaurant would be around 9.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Noisy its become like a public garden not comfortable cant sleep chaos every were it was not like that befor , breakfast missy every ware tables not clean hard to get even the avilable food .. its just too much people and those i thinke they never been n a hotel like this .. tea and milke they last quickly you need to wait till next supply. Am jinuse member and didnt get the binift of cheking out late ! Next time iwill not book it again

Location is v ood

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The cleanliness of the room was bad, bed sheets and towels wear old and yellow from over usage. With stains as well. The walls transfer noise, so I couldn't relax in my room. When I arrived I had to wait for 4 hours for my bags to be delivered to the room. The hotel charged me extra money with no previous notice. Or clear reason

• Superior Room

There were several things I disliked. 1/. We travelled with our child. A spare bed was cramped in, leaving no space in the room. It literally sleep space and toilet. No space left for suitcases or lounging around. 2/. Breakfast was not that great. Even though it was included in our stay, ate the first morning, didn’t bother the remainder. 3/. Don’t know who to blame here. We asked for the hotel to call a taxi to take us to the airport. The taxi took forever to come, apparently the first one was involved in an accident and the second was stuck in severe traffic. This led to missing our flight, which caused a great deal of inconvenience. We had to purchase new tickets, pay for more accommodation and taxi fare, and fly from a different airport.

Location, ambience of the hotel, decor.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

I didnt liked the fact that our room was on the inside of the builidng, so we didnt had any window.

I liked the stuff they were really friendly. Also the food was really delicious.

• Deluxe Room with City View

I didn’t try the breakfast

The location is the best in Istanbul. The lobby is wide and cool, the staff are so kind and attentive. I tried the deluxe room, it was so wide and nice room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Recommended us to take a boat & bus trip, which was really boring, totally waste of my time. Room service was poor I have to say......

Kind staff, upgrade my room, breakfast good, nice location

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

We got the smallest and darkest room of the hotel. The room was very warm with 27 Celsius inside and the air condition didn't work. The restroom was very small even for one person. Breakfast was not good.

The hotel lookes bnice and the location is excellent.

• Deluxe Triple Room

the stuff don't speek english, tha spa was the worst ever in my life!! two terribly arrogant and unprofessional managers in a spa with a freezeng pool (one of a reason I picked up this hotel said heated pool) cold saunas, towel stincked! depressive atmosfere. I reported the first day to the guest relation but they didn't care al all!

just the location and the arhitecture of the palace building was impressive and thats all.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Staff at dining room and bar not efficient!! Breakfast very poor for a 5 star establishment. The sauna and steam rooms only opens at 9:30, disappointing when one wants to do an early workout and get out and about. Gym facilities mediocre

The location is brilliant, easy access to the Bosphorus and transportation networks. Many restaurants nearby, and places of interest, including the Spice Bazaar. Great spa and reception and consierge staff

• Deluxe Triple Room

Perhaps this hotel was 5* in 60s, but since then it seems nothing has changed in the hotel. With today’s standards, especially Turkish, it’s clear 3*, not more. Nice facade and lobby may distract attention, but rooms are terrible. By fact it was the worst experience in Turkey. Starting from the booking - pictures in Booking doesn’t correspond to the correct room type. We have booked Deluxe triple based on description of Deluxe Family. Shall admit that Reception has upgraded us for Deluxe Family with no cost as we complained. Despite there were 3 of us in the room, it took few days to train stuff that we need 3 set of towels. And still every time we were missing something - big, small or the one for the floor. But instead they were bringing bathrobs every time, so we had a nice collection of those. It also took couple of days reminding that it would be good to have some chairs in the room, as there were none, when we came. Furniture is super old, 2 power sockets, and quite obvious it was a smoking hotel, as the smell hasn’t disappeared. Cleaning is a special story, our kid have allergy and we asked to clean the room properly. Attached you may see how proper cleaning looks like in this hotel. We had to ask the cleaning team to come for the 2nd round in the evening (by default they clean the room just once a day). But this morning cleaning was a special event! Cleaning lady was coming 9.30-10.00 and literally we were forced to leave the room so that she can perform the ‘service’. Breakfast is quite average, but service is also suffering: milk, spoons, forks always missing, overall feeling that hotel is under staffed. To sum up: if you are looking only for location - take some smaller hotel or hostel. If you are looking for really good accommodation - pay more and don’t get cheated by nice price for 5*. I will definitely never stay here again.

Location is the only upside of this place. Quick access to all main spots in Sultanahmet. Hotel is located on lively trade street, and it means that it’s always a lot of loud noice outside.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The hotel doesn’t have an Air condition and also it’s like an open house, you can hear everyone in the hotel specially the reception .. the lobby is awful nothing amusing nor arratcive to sit there and take a coffee.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Shower not good Ac not working No seperate dry and wet area in the bathrrom the whole floor would get wet Breakfast not enough vegetarian options

Location Clfean Helpful staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Not suitable for Muslims/Arabs. Toilets have no shatafat, No Pray Mat, No channels in a language you understand, No wakeup calls, Windows are not double glazed (you hear everything outside the hotel)

Location is amazing, Breakfast.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Swiming pool in the basement with very cold wather was very bad joke, Unfashionable room and very slowly wifi

Good locality in the city centrum, friendly staff, good breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Second time staying at this hotel. Very helpful staff and the location is great. I would recommend it to any one who would like to be in the heart of the old city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

1-Cleaning service is not matching 5 Stars hotel. 2-Breakfast layout changed to worse through removing the self service tea and coffee and instead they keep tea and coffee in container and you need to search for it 3- swimming pool is just useless. Water is not warm and no one is use it. 4- speed of service is slow

They have excellent customer service lady called Mariam. She follows gust every time they meet them

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Don't come here for the spa and pool. The spa is not part of the hotel. The pool is stonecold and small. My massage therapist was great, but the spa is not managed well. Showers are smelly and broken. Staff are disorganised. Payment is not via hotel. I recommend going to one of the historic hammams nearby.

The hotel is a historic property in great location and in mint condition, very clean. Staff are wonderful.

A smell in the bathroom

Very good breakfast. Big and clean room maybe a little bit old fashioned. Very nice renewed bathroom. Very large bed big enough for 3 adults. Excellent location closeby old centre and good restaurants.

• Deluxe Triple Room

For a 5 star hotel, it needed to be more comfortable and cleaner. The first room we went into had a really bad smell - so we had to get another room. Secondly, the bed was very uncomfortable - very hard and the duvets and covers had seen better days. I had to ask the staff to change the sheets in order to get better looking, fresher ones. We experienced a power outage and had to put up without a bathroom light for near the end of our stay. There was milk and coffee with the usual kettle, sugar etc but no milk, so I wasn't happy I had to ask for milk each time. There's a lot of room for improvement.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The view from our room was great. I was happy the wifi was free. The bathroom was beautiful and we had everything we needed i.e. shampoo, body wash, cotton balls etc. The selection for breakfast was very nice, a lot of sweet and savour, hot and cold options and a wonderful view of the Bosphorous River.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Excellent position. Large room. Good breakfast at roof floor with a beautiful view but expensive. If you want to be inspired by old oriental flavour it is ok.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The room was smaller than showed in pictures with two separate beds 90 sm weight, with no view to Bosphorus. Noises from the corridors were listened constantly, even from neighbor rooms. The furniture with good signs of use.

Very good location. Impressive old style building and foaie. Good spa center and fantastic massages. Perfect for relax and revival.

• Deluxe Room with City View

But when we speak about bar on the 6th floor it was more than bad. I ordered Long Island Ice Tea and it was definitely not an original recipe although I saw all the ingredients on the bar and it was very expensive. My wife ordered a little bottle of wine (0,375) but the waiter brought 150 ml instead and was not able to say what happened with the bottle. when we visited the pool, the hammam and the steam room, it turned out that all this was off and in the hammam was no more than 30 degrees. the administrator told us that it should be so. besides, my sneakers were gone and I had to go to the room barefoot. So my idea is that you need to use this hotel only as a hotel. Do not spoil you trip with their hotel bar or pool.

Our room was really nice, the bad was big and we had royal style furniture. there was a Jacuzzi in the bathroom and even a razor so I was able to shave. To round it all our room was perfect.

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

communication was quite a challenge. toilet inside room was small and the floor gets all wet after shower.

Location was great. and clean streets. very close to the spice bazaar I loved to visit. Galata bridge and tower by foot, and a lot of shopping area just around it. This hotel had a good spa where you can experience their tradition of bath. a good room size, and facilities.

• Superior Room

house keeping is not good.

the location is excellent. It is walking distance to traditional market and to the metro station. no traffic in front of the hotel door. Very warm in winter.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Although the room-service was punctual and carried out daily, I had an allergic reaction. I think this is my personal issue and would not blame the hotel or bother anyone else, but please be in alert when you have an allergy to dust and animal hair, as I do. There is a Pharmacy near, just google Büyük Eczanesi. And if you are well and active, as I was after my first encounter with allergy - there are also lots of good restaurants and eatery's near by! Our best experience for the week was Cafe Esmer Shef, really must try!

The Legacy Ottoman Hotel is centrally situated, easy to walk to Eminönü and Sirkeci tram stops, also to Sirkeci Ferry terminal, the Galata Bridge is also close. We also walked to Spice bazaar and to the New Mosque. The hotel itself is very spectacular, regal, old-fashioned, but in good sense! My teenage son said that he had never been in such grand place, and believe me, we travel a lot!

• Deluxe Triple Room

The breakfast wasn’t good. Too much noise around us. The water of the pool was too cold.

Location of the property is very good. The staff was very helpful.

The hotel is located in the controlled area where it is not easy for the taxi to access.

The location is next to most of the attractions in the old city. You will find also a lot of restaurants with different variaties. Access to sea transportation and Posphorous tour is very easy.

• Superior Room

Very old furniture in the room and also no clean There was blockage in shower drain. It is not sound proof we hear people in around rooms. Need to activate card every day.

Location. Classic style.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Bathrooms and cold pool water

Breakfast was ok. Black mould all over in the toilet. Hotel Location is great you can find many attractions around. They charged me £12 just to use 3 water bottles from their room bar. They mentioned in their services that the pool is available all year but the pool water was freezing cold and everyone was complaning to the reception about this issue. Its not 5 star hotel. I will rank it 3 star hotel.

• Deluxe Room with City View

This is no way 5 star hotel. Furniture is very old and worn out. Carpet is old and with stains. Toilet was not cleaned, there was pubic hair on toilet bowl. Toilet brush was missing, sink was leaking the water on bathroom floor. Toilet was tiliting, when you sit. There is also a bad smell coming from toilet, as there is no ventilation. The windows are not well sound protected and you can hear a loud noise from street and near mosque. Breakfast is just ridiculous for 5 star hotel, better to eat out. They want to charge you extra for fresh juice like 4-5 eur. This is the worst 5 star hotel i have ever been in my life, and i've been to many. I have paid 115 EUR per night for deluxe room with breakfast with no option to cancel the reservation which was big mistake. I don't want to mention such small things like, not having 2 glasses for water, but only one, not filling enough sugar for coffee, etc, etc. Most worst thing is it looks nice on pictures, but you will be very disappointed when you get there.

Great Location. Polite staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The access to the hote ... transpiration is difficult to reach the area .. which means you have to walk for a while .. taxi or Uber can’t take u from the entrance of the hotel.

The location and the staff were friendly

breckfast was normal every day same no change for room bed cver tobe chang every day hotel no good cmunecation to arrange taxsi or privet car

neer by market cleen room is begar and clene

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Curtains didnt cover whole windows. Every time housekeeping entered room it cancelled my access cards

Very good reception. Personell was friendly and helpfull. Got very good recomodation for eateries and places to visist. Hotel was clean and very comfortable. Will see you soon.

Everything was perfect!

Absolutely amazing. Despite having a cancelled flight, the staff were so understanding and rescheduled my dates and were super helpful. Amazing breakfast, room service comfort, location and the spa and hammam packages was suberb. Would definately go back and highly recommend :)!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The staff when they cleaned the room, they opened the door when we were sleeping , we did not feel comfortable.

The location, the breakfeast was really good and the spa massage

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

I was expected much more. There is NO 5* hotel. Very upset. The view from the corridor window was really terrible. I cannot even imagine how it looks from the room window...Sorry, but never again for this price.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

No soundproof in room,woken up in the night due to the sound of cars passing by. Room curtain not long enough to cover every corner of the window,therefore the night was not fully dark to be able to sleep properly.

Lovely hotel, good location located next to the spice Bazaar and walking distance to Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia all in approx 20 minutes walk. The hotel reception area is decorated in a very classic and fashionably elegant furnitures. Good choices for breakfast in buffet style, lovely spa abit expensive but had a good experience with the hammam foam bath. Staff was very friendly. Free upgrade to a bigger room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Should meet with Mr. Akkoyun he is just perfect and very knowledgeable. He is problem solver, professional and very polite. And all staff was helpfull and kind. This hotel our choice forever anymore for istanbul.

I had a room with a sea view, which had to be paid extra, but the hotel did not warn me that there will be works outside my window so we literally had workers in front of our window. It was hotel's responsibility to charge us less or at least warn us.

The vicinity of metro station connected to everything and ferry as well. Surrounding with lots of cute stores and perfect sweets shops and open market with cheese and spices. Rooftop terrace with magnificent view of the city is just around the corner. Breakfast was tasty with remark that hotel should put extra effort and make real juices instead of those artificial they have now.

NOTHING

Seldom do you find such "quality care" as we experienced at this Hotel. We truly made the right choice for our 2 nights. This is one of the best hotels we stayed in Istanbul. Perfect location & worth for money. Room was large with a sitting area with a sofa. The room was very, very clean and modern. Even they upgrade our room at the same price. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, helpful and professional. The lobby was nice and clean. Breakfast area was large and on roof top (Nice & lovely view). There were several kitchen staff members constantly monitoring the breakfast items. There was plenty for everyone. They kept our luggage safely for more than 10 hours as we had a whole day trip to Bursa after checkout from the hotel. I definitely would stay at this hotel again. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and seemed to genuinely care. We were very pleased with the hospitality and friendliness of everyone at the Hotel.

• Deluxe Triple Room

They need to renew the bathroom's shower tub

Excellent location, welcoming and helpful staff, good breakfast, lots of nearby restaurants, a walking distance from spice bazar and tram.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

Old, small and dirty room! The walls were extremely dirty! You could hear everything from another room! There is no way this could be a 5star hotel!!!! There is no smile at the reception desk as well as from concierge! Very strange!

Elevators are very nice!

• Deluxe Double with Sea View

- the air condition can't controlled to switched as you like to cold or heat its already programmed based on whither - Bathroom was not clean even after staff came and clean it still some spots.

Location was awesome breakfast have many options staff was good and cooperated

• Deluxe Room with City View

Great view from the room and from the restaurant. Breakfast with variety of options: local dishes and also international. Loved the fresh juice available. Location is perfect, walking distance to the Grand Bazaar and not far from the Blue Mesquite. Tram available close to the hotel.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Our baby stroller didnt make it to Istanbul when we landed. But the hotel staff were kind enough to give us one of their guest strollers to use. But when we returned to London we got to know that our stroller was delivered the next day to the hotel. Would have been nice if we were notified by the hotel that our stoller was delivered. We never recieved our push chair.

The location is excellent. The staff are wonderful especially one of the hotel manager called Saladin was really helpful, friendly and cheerful person. Other names I would like to mention are guest relations manager Mehmet and a bell boy called Mehmet. Wonderful people.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The hotel is rated as five star hotel but actually it’s not the furniture is old and no comfortable the bathroom shower was flooding and they didn’t care to solve the problem The hotel was not a five star hotel it should be rated 3 star Also the taxi couldn’t reach the street was closed when we were going to the airport we had to take our luggage to the main road by hand same happened arrival time Sorry to say that but I don’t think I’ll choose this hotel again

Hotel is close to the city centre

• Deluxe Room with City View

there was no coffee machine or turkish coffee included in breakfast.. the guest has to pay extra for turkish coffee at breakfast!!

the guest relation officer was very helpfull..

• Deluxe Room with City View

Atrium. Gorgeous room. Nargile cafe opposite. Hafiz Mustafa puddings next door. Staff helpful. Nice rooftop view. Thanks in particular to John F&B mgr!

• Standard Double or Twin Room with Courtyard View

The food was not what I expected. Maybe it was our own fault for ordering room service when only steps away from the hotel there are tens of options with great food but what we received was poor. We expected a much better quality, especially considering the location. We ordered typical Turkish things but what we received was far from it. Breakfast had enough variations but I still was not impressed. It could have been better. In addition, upon check out, the hotel charged us the currency fluctuation from the day that we had paid the room through Booking to the day of the check out. Total nonsense. After our arguments they accepted to pay us back the money which we didn't accept, (it was not much anyway) but the principle was wrong and totally unnecessary from the hotel.

The location was excellent. Very close to everything and the staff was very helpful to explain the surrounding area, all the transportation options available and even suggested other points of interest that we could visit. If you are interested in visiting the historic places but also a perfect location for other points of interest such as Taksim, or the Asian part, the location was just awesome.

Browse Legacy Ottoman Hotel traveller photo gallery