Reviews of WOW Istanbul Hotel 5 stars

Istanbul Dunya Ticaret Merkezi Yesilkoy, Bakirkoy, 34149 Istanbul, Turkey

#825 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Bad experience which I will not repeat again
    • Superior Room

Staff not professional and not deal with us as customers - front desk employee stiff and show improper way of communication especially the lady EILIF, also very bad services and not deserve the 5 star categorization at all.

Nice staff and service but poor bathroom condition.
    • Superior Room

Food stain on the door, lots of mold on bathroom shower area, enough to lower the 5 star rating to a 2 Star. A small bottle of water for making tea? I think you could do better!

Nice breakfast, free WiFi, shuttle bus to airport, close to airport.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Brilliant Hotel!
    • Superior Room

There is nothing I didn’t like.. it was all good

Location was very convenient.. 1km from the airport.. clean.. hotel staff were nice.. good value for money... Although the shuttle bus for 10:30pm did not show up at the airport so we had to get a taxi... apart from that.. slept comfortably and breakfast was decent!

The worse reception staff I saw
    • Superior Room

The worse reception staff I saw, I booked this hotel for 9 hours only because I have transit flight but the reception staff obliged me to have extra bed for my son and they took 20 euro extra and I don't need it. And the way of speaking of the reception staff was not good at all. We couldn't find the free shuttle bus station from the airport to the hotel even we asked many people, so we took taxi to go to hotel. I don't think this is 5 stars hotel.

The location is near airport, acceptable for travel passengers.

NOTHING

NOTHING

nothing.
    • Superior Room

hotel far from the center, book only for transit flight, breakfast was not in the buffet area and not the same pictures. not clean you can check the attached picture i took these photo to show all people the room status and quality. bad bad baddddd, i didt listen to old review before came here but now really is disappointed .

nothing.

Do not go there.
    • Superior Room

Everything,,,,,, I booked and paid for extra bed, but they say we do not have,,,,,.!! They charge me extra (40 €) for 2 of my children, front desk says they were not included in your initial booking. Breakfast was very poor (buffet for 2 stars hotel) not a five stars hotel ,.,!? Furniture, very old, and floor is not clean.

Close to the airport,.,.

I would think twice before booking there again
    • Executive Room

Costumer service is simply not there, staff really don't like to be bothered Property also have a no outside food or drink policy, which they enforce selectively Cleanliness is not there, bathroom has mold, tiles and counter have multiple cracks, which are just filled with caulk, not even remotely same color.

The lighting and climate controls next to the bed is really cool. Amount and variety of toiletries is beyond generous

Miserable and depressing...
    • Superior Room

1) No 24hrs shuttle service to the airport, so had to pay for taxi. 2) being told by restaurant manager that I 'only' had to pay 150 TL for a bottle of wine that wasnt on the menu instead of 300 TL as I am staying at a 5* hotel (let me assure you, this is 3* at best). The bottle of wine in question is 76 TL on th einternet and 125 TL in the airport restaurant. 3) Getting our starters and main course pretty much at the same time. 3) Being charged items in the restaurant and the bar area we did not consume. 4) Seeing a couple being ordered by security staff to the front desk because they had purchased their own water and were told to purchase items in the hotel only. This was highly embarrsassing and inappropriate. 4) To use the swimming pool you have to purchase a mandatory swimming cap at 12 TL. 5)...there are so many examples I could list. I spend around 120 nights a year in hotels (globally), the staff in this hotel (including the security staff) are by far the most unpleasant I have ever come across (Restaurant manager "..today is a good day as there are no arab people in the restaurant.."). I will never stay here again.

Short commute to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The only positive thing is the location
    • Superior Room

First of all when we arrive at the airport we called for the shuttle and they told us they will arrange however they couldn’t and when I called them back there was an other staff who was really ignorant and talked really unprofessional. We arrived to the hotel by taxi. When we entered our room the only thing I can see is how old and scruffy the room was. I even do not want to talk about the bathroom. The worst hotel room I have ever stayed in!!

The only positive thing is the location

Not worth
    • Superior Room

It is not up to the standards this is supposed to be 5 stars hotel AC is not working and they didn’t come to fix it despite calling them Asked for a cissor and they don’t have We had to take a taxi to go to next door mall

Recommended, Clean, Near Metro
    • Superior Room

Staff need training to guide customer, they didn't tell me how to use,lifts because they need to scan card, to use, Also they didn't inform the timing of breakfast and dinning location.

Clean, near to Metro & airport.

This hotel should be dropped to 3 stars
    • Superior Room

- I had a booking for non smoking / two people / king size bed room. I arrived at the hotel, and they told me they don't have rooms avaliable with king bed at the moment. They can only offer me a non-smoking room with two single beds or a smoking room with a king bed. And whatever Booking.com says is not true. The rooms are first come, first serve. - We arrived at 10PM tired, and nobody helped us to get the bags to the room. - I have stayed in this hotel before, the breakfast was way better and in a nice room. Now, the breakfast is a joke and we had the breakfast in some random meeting room. The breakfast photos posted they have here is a lie. You won't be having breakfast in the same room they are advisrting on Booking.com. - This hotel should be dropped to 3 stars. - The lighting is very bad in the rooms and hallways. - The elevators don't indicate when they're coming up or down. You have to press the button and keep waiting till suddenly one of the doors open up.

- Just the fact that it's close to the airport - Late checkout at 2PM - Airport shuttle

Worst hotel I ever stayed at.
    • Superior Room

Everything. The hotel is terrible and The staff are very rude.

I liked absolutely nothing. Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. I will never go back there nor will I recommend it to anyone.

Airport transfer upon arrival, very bad information.
    • Superior Room

Airport transfer upon arrival, very bad information. Issues with the bath, water became a cold and hot several times during the bath. Tv room doesn’t work properly and internet connection too slow, if you want a good one you must pay for it.

Decent hotel, unnecessary judgement from the receptionist.
    • Superior Room

The receptionist booking us in was particularly unfriendly, taking obvious offence that we didn't arrive by taxi and that we were wearing casual clothing. After determining that my fiancee and I weren't yet married he could barely conceal his distaste and the non smoking double room we booked suddenly became a room with separate beds. All the double rooms were smoking despite our booking. I understand different social mores, but if this is a hotel policy it should be stated and in any case guests should not be exposed to this sort of judgmental behaviour by staff. I should clarify that all the other staff we encountered were lovely, particularly the waiters in the restaurant.

The room was well set up, particularly the bedside controls and the air conditioning.

Customers are a necessary evil
    • Executive Room

Staff was slow and not too much friendly. We asked to keep the room until 2 pm. Between 11 am and 1 pm, they came to disturb us 3 times: once to make up the room, once for the mini bar and once again to make up de room. The staff at the reception didn’t show any interest in their work. Customers are a necessary evil. The bathroom was small and needed a new door. It was damaged and it didn’t close. Won’t stay there again.

Nothing really. It wasn’t all what we expected.

very bad day i have after long trip.
    • Superior Room

The day Staff very rude, NO AC room very hot they sent the technician twice nothing happened still hot Air only , bed housekeeping asking for towels for two hours and no one show p until i checked out,

Overall it was ok.
    • Superior Room

The comforter was to warm for the weather, we really suffered.We have been staying in your hotel for many years and this issue remain unchanged. When we asked for thinner cover, the desk acted promptly, however we ended up getting just one single bed sheet as cover.

We liked the breakfast, and the location. When we asked for help staff acted on promptly.

Not happy at all other then hotels close proximity to airport! We will not recommend to our friends!
    • Superior Room

Rooms are overpriced! When we arrived after 17 hr flight trip...our hydro went out for the entire wing of our floor! Tried to call desk three times only for it to keep ringing and no answer! Went downstairs to the desk and found the clerk to be very rhude to me and annoyed I was bothering her! We had an early flight next morning and had a driver coming for 645! Breakfast started at 630...we found everything ready when we came to the breakfast at 620...but we were told we weren’t allowed to take food until 630! We explained that we only had 15 min before the driver came...but they refused for us to start 10 min early despite that the food was ready! Very disappointing! This hotel should carry a rating of 3...not 5!

Close proximity to the airport!

It was very nice, thank you.

Everything was excellent & the staff was so kind & professional, but the ac was not good, it was hot & they sent someone to fix it but it was still very hot till i left the country

The staff was excellent

The perfect hotel next to CNR exhibition centre AND the...
    • Superior Room

The perfect hotel next to CNR exhibition centre AND the Ataturk airport. Big fitness area on the top Floor with à Swimmingpool and lifefitness equipment. Excellent helpful staff and good breakfast.

not as expected
    • Superior Room

when checking in the A/C was not working at the hotel i asked the reception to fix it they sent me the technician he worked and then he said open the window as the A/C is not working in all of the hotel tomorrow will check about it i guess this is not a 5 star service

Convenient location with Metro access to the airport and a...
    • Superior Room

Convenient location with Metro access to the airport and a local community centre. Touristic attractions are bit far, but good for business travellers. Nearby Turkish restaurant was good. Importantly, cost performance is good. Breakfast is very good.

The hotel is located next to airport.
    • Superior Room

The hotel is located next to airport. It was impossible to find the shuttle free bus . We took a taxi 5 minutes . Otherwise it is a convenient hotel for a transit stay between 2 flights.

Staff was very bad on arrival,
    • Superior Room

Room was too noisy because of nearby of the train station. Reception staff was unhelpful.

Staff was very bad on arrival, I waited for an hour at the airport for the shuttle service and phoned the hotel ( international calls) three times asking about the pick up and finally got a taxi.

Wery good hotel

Everything was OK.

Wery, wery nice hotel! Beautiful health club, very good relax massage! Very clean swimming pool, Turkish bath, and sauna. The notes is very close to the Airport, to the CNR EXPO. The metro station is in front. Thanks for the nice staying .

I was not happy because i did not get what i paid for!!!
    • Superior Room

I had booked a room with a double bed.i got a confirmation and the hotel charged my credit card. When i arrived at the hotel, i was told that they had no room left with double bed. They only had a room with 2 small beds.I was dead tired after long flights and just needed a nice big bed to sleep. The staff was very polite but he told me that I can only book a room and according to availability they arrange.. Since i arrive so late the room with 2 small beds was my only option. If they told me that they are sorry that they made a mistake I would not have written this reference. But after hearing that this is how it works in this hotel, i wanted this to be known by other travellers. You can only book a room but can not choose your room type. Ps putting 2 small beds together does not make it a double ben in a 5 star hotel.

Few minutes drive from airport

Nice hotel with bad service .
    • Superior Room

Reception staff Room cleaner is very poor They didn’t change the bed sheets after each guest. They reuse the same old dirty sheets.

The location is very close to the airport.

difficult
    • Superior Room

It was the second time that I stayed at this hotel and the two times the air conditioner did not work in the room and the staff in the hotel are not kind dealing with hosts, not only with me but I look around and they are all the same with others

The location close to the airport

We were able to take a shower and freshen up
    • Superior Room

We got smoking rooms although we asked for non-smoking. The hotel is rated 5 star, but the facilities are more like 4 star I made 2 bookings and cancelled one. I have yet to be refunded for the canceled booking. The policy on booking.com was a free cancellation and I am still waiting for the held funds to be released and it is 7 days later. Safe was kit working which means we had to take our valuables with us on tour

It was conveniently located near the airport with shuttle service

Not good not bad
    • Superior Room

The reception staff wasn't helpful at all i have to call them like 4 times from my room to answer me and when they answer they didn't even apologies for the late Room Facilities were old

i really liked the cheese in the breakfast so much different kinds of cheese . swimming pool was awesome in the last floor with amazing view and the staff was really helpful there . just 2 minutes from the metro station and 10 minutes by car from Ataturk airport The room was clean and housekeeping was so nice

Everything was perfect.
    • Superior Room

Everything was perfect. Ideal hotel for business in the Expo o World Trade Center. If you are tourist is quite far from the city but still easy to get there by metro & tram.

The hotel was nice but nothing super fancy.
    • Superior Room

The hotel was nice but nothing super fancy. It served it's purpose extremely well: a nice hotel close to the Istanbul Airport. It was a $3 US Dollars taxi ride from the airport, and took about 4 minutes. I felt safe and comfortable, and would stay here again if passing through Istanbul for the night.

The location is great right next to Metro Station and within...
    • Superior Room

The hotel is so out-dated and in need of refurbishment TV channels not good selection No Business Centre but staff were helpful and were willing to print documents and scan back for me The AC was not working and we had to open the windows (only the fan was working but not cooling the room)

The location is great right next to Metro Station and within short distance from the airport Beds were comfy and good choice of pillows Staff extremely helpful but at times the hotel can get busy with group check-inn Free parking

Super cala frage alistic expe ala doshes
    • Superior Room

The taxi drivers in Istanbul are crazy supercalafragalistic

Everything would like to stay longer next time especially if the price was as good as this was

NEVER EVER book this again
    • Superior Room

WORST EXPERIENCE in istanbul! super unfriendly stuff(these guys looks like you own them money), tons of hair in bathroom floor, also they need you to pay extra 30 euro for 2 hours early check-in, everything is old except the mini bar, can't believe it is 5 star hotel.

Large and well eqiped room, perfect 5star breakfast, free...
    • Superior Room

Stuff is not so friendly, room was smoking room, no dinner available in the hotel.

Large and well eqiped room, perfect 5star breakfast, free airport shuttle.

ISTAVDER 10th ANNIVERSARY TOURNAMENT
    • Superior Room

"WOW Istanbul Hotel" is a nice hotel, located near "Ataturk Airport". Worth its price. Nice and clean rooms and a good breakfast. The hotel is hosting one of the biggest backgammon events in the world, atracting people from all over the world.

Convenient but older hotel.
    • Superior Room

There is a free airport shuttle but the first one is only at 6:30am and gets packed. People couldn’t get on the bus and the hotel had to call a taxi for them. But keep in mind there is still traffic to get to the airport at 6:30am. I was running to make my 8:20am flight when leaving at 6:30am. The restaurant was not open for me to eat at and I was traveling with my son who is 1 year old. They recommended a restaurant close by and the food was terrible. Bad way to end my trip seeing that I love the food in Turkey. Hotel has older rooms but clean. Rooms are dark and hallways are dark.

Proximity to airport.

Loved the whole experience
    • Superior Room

Attitude of male receptionist could be improved. Very basic reply to questions about transport and shopping centres

Very comfortable and well run Hotel.

Would like to avoid staying here. Unfriendly and uncooperative staff.
    • Superior Room

The staff doesn't even smile. It seems they don't care. Had to wait for almost an hour for the shuttle to arrive. The shuttle missed to take us when we were departing so had to talk to the staff who then called the shuttle back. They took ages to give me the room keys. I stayed for less than 22 hours but still had to pay extra 20 Euros to stay after 2pm due to our flight timings. They won't let you swim in the pool if you don't have a swimming cap. I booked two rooms and those were 5 rooms apart. In the non smoking rooms their furniture has cigarette burns. I will try to avoid this hotel in the future. Gorrion and Lazzonni hotels are the real 5 star hotels with good staff, this doesn't seem like a 5 star hotel.

Location near the airport and not far from Metro station. Breakfast was nice. Shuttle service is ok.

The cleanness was good.
    • Superior Room

The staff were polite but not friendly! Breakfast was poor. No good services and not that much choices and variety! During the breakfast it was not easy to find somebody to ask for cleaning the table or a cup of tea!

The cleanness was good. Accessibility was good because the hotel is very close to the trains station DTM. Good and clean swimming pool and sauna.

Very bad hotel
    • Superior Room

Terrible service, terrible hotel, I did not sleep at all, couln’t get my money back. Train station next to window. Carpet in room not clean and ventilation very bad. Breakfast very poor and staff was rude. After complaing they said I can’t get my money back for the other days that I will not use breakfast. Waterbottles of 0,33 water for the first day free. After that if you need water you have to buy somewhere else. We didn’t sleep at all. Rooms very noisy. Roomservicecleaning knocking every morning very rude on the door. Shower broken, bathroom not clean. Very old.

I will find another hotel near the airport for my next trip in April.
    • Executive Room

I found the executive lounge very small and although it was self service, I found the cakes and snacks were hard and stale, not very well equipped. Will not book executive room again.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Ideal place for a long Istanbul stopover
    • Superior Room

I thought the metro is a bit faster - commuting to the historical center is about 50 min and it's not the most pleasant journey as the seating capacity is very limited.

No surprises, good choice for Istanbul stopover.

Room is not what is described online
    • Superior Room

No air conditioning even though it’s advertised on the website Room smells like cigarette smoke Hotel staff are extremely rude, obnoxious and nasty I would never stay in this hotel again, in fact it was so bad I had to check out after being in the hotel for an hour. They tried to charge my card for extra things I didn’t use and had to report fraud to my bank. Avoid and stay somewhere else if you can.

Nothing, maybe it’s close to the airport

Spoilt by above
    • Superior Room

Arrived at property..asked how I would like to pay with pre booked card or cash or another card..knowing they'd already taken the money... took the money again for the 2 rooms and thus paid twice.... theives... they admitted so at reception... and I've still received no refund

worst staff ever ... I've seen better personnel in 3 stars hotels
    • Superior Room

worst check-in experience in my whole life, we arrived by car with 6 bags and the front door personnel directed us to second building (they have 2 WOW hotels near each other) we unloaded bags there (no help from staff) and at front desk they informed us that our booking is in first building, and we've been forced to carry all our bags cause car left already, after getting back I asked the guy who directed me and ask him why he didn't check the reservation I showed and he didn't even say he's sorry... it was disappointing already but it got worse after waiting in line for check-in more than 30 min and when finally get to talk with the guest relations for check-in and I mentioned what happened her answer was "are you sure?"?!!?!? again to hard for them to say SORRY. and what killed me was the fact that we ordered 2 rooms, 1 king bed, 1 twin beds - both rooms non-smoking and at check-in they offered both rooms with king bed or if we want the one with twin beds only on smoking floor ... the reason? because we arrived to hotel about 22.00 AM even we mentioned in booking check-in time after 21.00

close to airport and CNR fair center free shuttle to airport

best option to stay near airport...
    • Superior Room

Ask for a room which is on the other side of the metro line. Every 10 minutes metro train passes and it may be disturbing if you are on lower floors.

It's a good airport hotel. If you have transfer from Atatürk airport or if you want to stay near to airport this hotel is a good option. You can go to hotel with metro or taxi. With taxi it takes 4-5 minutes. If you want to use metro this hotel is just 1 station away from Atatürk airport. I recommend you to go with taxi especially if you're 2 or more persons. Because 2 persons metro ticket is almost same as the taxi price to the hotel. Rooms are big, breakfast is good, and also on 13th floor they have a pool and health club. Metro station is 100-150 meters away from hotel and connected to other metro lines. So you can go to city center without stucked in traffic. Istanbul has an awful traffic jam. If you want to go to city center metro is better option than taxi.

Nice hotel
    • Superior Room

Can't connect to wifi. TV control not easy when all indications on it are erased. Very old unit. One small shutlle bus for too much people...

Nice hotel

Great hotel, 5 mins from the airport in a taxi - great value for money
    • Superior Room

It was all great! The only problem we had was there was no extra bed for my 6 year old son. However this was rectified quickly and efficiently.

It was a lovely hotel, very big with great security. The rooms were large and the beds massive! I would to have stayed longer.

Unacceptable for a five star hotel. max 3 stars hotel
    • Superior Room

First of all, we arrived to the hotel and the hostess wasn't friendly at all and wanted to take deposit in case we ordered something or took anything from the mini bas as if we were thieves and won't be paying for what we use. Second, we got to our room and was the disaster, the entire room was dirty including the toilet. We immediately called the housekeeping to clean it. Third, the tv didn't have any international channels, only Turkish ones. Fourth, the air conditioner was not working on our last night there, so we had to call them asking for help so they sent a technician 1 AM in the morning in order for him to fix it. It didn't work. They changed our room at 5 am where the AC was not working as well.

To sum it up, I don't recommend this place. However, it is very close to the airport and that's why we chose it in the first place. The breakfast wasn't bad. Very bad experience.

Disapointed
    • Superior Room

a 4 stars airport hotel doesn't have a regural schuttel bus after 22:00 pm !!! Check in took a time because they didn't find my booking , lucky me that I have the email confirmation in my phone. They have only smoking room despite I reserved a non smoking and I have to take it . Breakfast not included

Near to airport Comfortable room

Not again unless I have to be at this conference centre
    • Superior Room

Rooms need refurbishment, no business centre, restaurant choices not great and the WiFi was extremely slow for the free one. It is convenient for the airport or the conference centre, but is you are a tourist it is best avoided. Black mold around the shower/bath and a few other things made the "superior" room feel cheap and nasty.

Staff are friendly and try to help you with your requests, but it struggles to be anywhere near a real 5 star hotel.

The staffs are very unfriendly. Their only answer is " i am sorry sir, i cant help you"
    • Superior Room

I didn't like the staffs and they are so unfriendly. When you ask something at the reception (in English), they look at you in your face and nod their head or simply they said that they do not know. I went there for the spa after a long business trip. The spa reception said that the spa is closed for renovation but the reception downstairs said that it is opened. Don't know who is saying the truth.

The only thing I like is that the hotel is very near to the airport.

Stay away even if close to airport, there is much better around
    • Superior Room

- unfriendly and rude staff - one restaurant only close by and of extremely poor quality ( fast food style) - internet for free to facts not working. if you want internet you pay 6 euro (?!) for a normal connection. - not that clean

- close to airport ( 5 min) but cannot walk there and their shuttle bus starts at 7 am ( quite useless)

Not a 5-Stars standard at all ....
    • Superior Room

_ Bedroom clearly not soundproof, heard my neighbors as soon as they were talking, closing a door, taking shower ... ; _ wall sockets not well fixed on the wall (cf picture), not very safe for children if you go with them... _ Staff not expecially helpful at my arrival; _ I've had to write them twice before arrival to get information on how to get there... answered me once I was already in the hotel and ready to check-out ...

The staff at the morning was very helpful (giving information about the city, public transport, printing docs for me).

Decent place to stay for a night.
    • Superior Room

The hotel is dated and isnt a five star hotel at all. But for a night before a flight it is ok. Staff is doing their best and airport suttle works well to the airport but impossible to find at the airport when going to the hotel. We stayed twice in a week...but couldnt see the shuttle at the airport.

Big rooms and comfy beds.

VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

the whole staff, the reception , except Ms/Elena / The Russian guest relation

Only one person in that hotel is more than excellent which is Ms Elena,

Just to sleep a night if you are not too sterile
    • Superior Room

I booked double bed and got 2 single. When I moved one to connect to other under the bed I found a lot of dirt and 2 big parts of dry bread.

Great location for a long connection.

Location: very very close to the airport
    • Superior Room

We asked for a non-smoking room and one double bed. First room given was in a smoking floor with very intense smell. Two separated beds. Second room given was in the executive (but smoking) floor, same intense smell. Also, hotel used to be nice, but it's clearly dated. Internet is just to forget.

Location: very very close to the airport

Short but sweet apart from no TV due to fees to view current affairs
    • Superior Room

The fact that we had to pay to view the TV. I have never had that before. Even in Seychelles, Nigeria, Qatar, hotels in the UK and Northern Ireland do not charge for TV viewing so was very disappointed with that.

The bed was very comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. I had fruit and the melon was the best tasting fruit I have eaten. The fruit juices were fresh and the taste just right.

Brilliant and will return hopefully stay longer
    • Superior Room

Stayed one night very close to airport and very clean and welcoming with luxury comfort will definitely return Taxi from airport was only 7TL excellent

You get what you pay for. Nice place, no issues.
    • Superior Room

I was expecting a nicer hotel. I had never stayed in a five star hotel, but there was really nothing that made WOW Hotel different from other nice three star hotels I have stayed in in the past.

The price was good and the proximity to the airport is excellent given I had a layover.

I stayed one night there on a transit, and I find out that...
    • Superior Room

I stayed one night there on a transit, and I find out that hotel charged me for the room, and after few days charged me again for what I don't know. They charged my bank card as prepayment, however in few days they charged me again different amount. As per Bank it was not pre-authorisation as amount on hold, it was a charge. I had contacted the hotel, however they are not responding, and don't give me back the money! Be careful when you book this hotel, don't give them your card details. I can not recommend this hotel

Fabulous
    • Superior Room

Everything was fabulous. So convenient and loved the staff and free shuttle.

I was in transit and my wait time for my flight was 9 hours so I needed a place to rest and sleep.

just easy connection place to stay. dont expect more
    • Superior Room

Very poor 5* hotel, nose up stuff, not even one smile, old fashioned, the carpet wasnt cleaned, used plastic bags etc.

Very closed to metro station and really close to the airport, good breakfast

very bad shuttle from airport and incredible bad receptionists endangering our lives
    • Superior Room

Very bad for transport + receptionists They knew I was arriving at the airport at 10 pm with my wife and a 2 year old baby. When we arrived at the airport we asked where we could find the Airport shuttle (free) to go to the hotel. The shuttle never came !!! I decided to call the hotel to tell them that we were waiting for the shuttle and that we had a baby with us. I could hear the phone being answered but hanged inmediately. I thought this was a phone problem so I tried to call back around 15 times and always the same. After an hour of waiting in the designated place we took a taxi. When we arrived at the hotel reception and we were in front of the reception desk I decided to call with my phone like I did before when waiting for the shuttle with my family. To my big surprise I heard the phone ringing just in front of me. !!! To my biggest surprise the receptionist answered the phone with her hand and after doing that she put the phone down again. !!! There were two people at the reception. A man around his 55s and a woman in her 20s or 30s. They were at the moment 2 people at the reception. I decided to phone back and before she could repeat the operation of answering and hanging inmediatley the phone, just when it was satrgin to ring again I confronted them while the phone was ringing. I asked in front of everyone why they hung the phone everytime. All this while the phone was ringing. The receptionists where caught red handed in front of customers. So the receptionist in his 50s told me he was sorry and that he could give me my money for the taxi back. I told him that I didin't believe he was sorry because he knew my time of arrival with my family and that he should have picked up the phone instead of hunging it everytime. At the end they told me to fill a form to tell my problem. I think those type of hotels shouldn't be in booking.com because they are not serious at all with that behavior.

Airport hotel
    • Superior Room

Wi-Fi speed, very low, was in pool and some guest there with normal clothes and watching people swim, they should not let this, so not feel comfortable

Close to airport, metro is walking distance and can reach centre easily

Excellent value for money and so close to the airport
    • Superior Room

All positive aspects you can find in earlier reviews of mine here on booking.com. But I must remark that a few things deteriorated at that hotel recently (maybe connected to less occupany rate because of less people travelling to Turkey now??): In the 5-star tower one would be expecting a water boiler and tea and coffee (Nescafe bags) in the room but - as opposed to earlier in the same place - there wasn't any in my and my colleagues room. Bathroom utilities/amenities were also limited but okay for me as a man. But when critisising those minor shortcomings I also must admit that the price was VERY LOW for this stay (probably also because of reduced occupancy) and coulod be considered absolutely inexpensive for this facility! So still it remains my favorite as the airport hotel at Atatürk for me.

I already reviewed this hotel here earlier but want to add a few comments, since I am very regularly and frequently staying there: It's excellent located close to Atatürk airport for a transit stay or just a night before travelling to the west of Istanbul areas. Takes only 3 minutes from airport to get there (taxi drivers don't like it. The hotel shuttle is going regularly but difficult to find at international arrival area).

Good hotel for long layovers.
    • Superior Room

Minor nit, shuttle from airport hard to find, but cab ride was cheap so not a big deal. No good places to eat nearby.

Good value, very convenient for overnight layover. Free shuttle to the airport. Everything worked as expected. Reasonably good breakfast included in the price.

Short Stay & Transit Travellers
    • Superior Room

The hotel airport shuttlebus isn't always available during the times they promise us, and there also isn't a timetable showing the bus times at the airport. And whenever they do come to the airport they're only there for a few seconds so one has to be quick with their bags. It's also difficult to get taxis as the hotel is very close to the airport and the taxi drivers don't like doing short fares.

Location was very close to the airport so it's good for short stays and transit travelers.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Nice location however not a 5 * hotel
    • Superior Room

The hotel is worn out , not a 5 * hotel. The furniture has seen better times, the bad room was not cleaned properly with mold in the corners. It was noisy from the metro.

The location, close to the airport and metro station, friendly staff.

Stay was okay
    • Superior Room

No restaurants nearby to eat except the other hotels around.

Left quite early so no breakfast, found the food very expensive in the hotel. Only received a small bottle of free water.

Browse WOW Istanbul Hotel traveller photo gallery