Reviews of Hotel Zurich Istanbul 4 stars

Vidinli Tevfik Pasa Cad. No:14 Laleli, Fatih, 34470 Istanbul, Turkey

#946 of 1,304 hotels in Istanbul

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness of the room and level of the neighbourhoud

People are amazing, staff was extremely helpful. Proximity of neighbourhood to many places was an added value. But not the right place to wonder around in the street as a tourist

Nothing, everything was perfect

Everything, stacfu, room, huge suite bathroom and Manager who know how to do her job. One of the best hotel where I stay

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was in front of the space where a new elevator was being installed and they worked until 22.30 some days. For some people the music you hear from the street at night, might be a little disturbing, because the window does not close very tight. For us it was good, we didn't mind at all. The room looks old, but it was a good price over all. The hairdryer works with 2-3 minutes interruptions.

The location is 10+! They prepared a special arrangement in the room on our first day. It was clean and with a very comfortable bed. The view on the 4th floor was good. A/C was good. 50 % of hotel staff we have met was very helpful! We recommend this hotel for a short or a long stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The massage treatments, hammam, sauna a bit overpriced, but the swimming pool is great, free of charge and open till 23.00!

Nice rooms, good breakfast, absolutely central location. Metro M2Veznecilar 100 m tram T1 Laeli 200 m. Perfect for business trip.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Esra is one of the best receptionist I’ve ever met in all my traveling experience! Friendly and very helpful! I’ll definitely be coming back whenever I visit Istanbul!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff very arrogant , and the bed smell that we got in the room every day , also we received an invoice from the mini bar that they din't explicate us for what we paid a lot money for 2 juices and 2 bags of nuts ! Also NOTICE THEY GIVE FREE COFFE IN THE ROOM just in the first day , We got a lot of noise in the room , also they don't refuel the minibar .

Nothing it was very poor , and smells very bad in the rooms from the AC .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A party with incredibly loud music going on until midnight right above my bed. I've been told I can get an another room if the music won't stop. The staff refused to give me an extra towel I could use at the hotel swimming pool. Incredible heat on our floor (in May), thanks god that the AC was working

The 4-star rating is rather a joke, but you can't expect much for the price of a bed in a shared hostel room anywhere in the West. So still feels like getting more than what I paid for.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpet and furniture needs to be cleaned

This was my second stay at this hotel and am happy I’ve chosen it again. We were with a child and they gave us a bigger room instead of a standard one (free of charge),let us check in immediately and also check out one hour later. Great location and excellent service.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of free seats in restaurant in the lobby. No free water anywhere in hotel. Breakfast can be better. Hotel sent me strange message before my arrival - looks like there were troubles with translation to English.

Very close to metro station. Close to tram station. There was cool promo price. Good and big room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not much . Rooms stink and the staff are rude to the guests.

Terrible hotel .Unhelpfull and rude staff. I noticed I was not the only one to experience this during my stay .Would never go back . restaurant is awful and the rooms smell even on the non smoking floors

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is much more smaller then shown on the pictures.Very hot in hotel room, air conditioner isn't working.

Very nice Location. Near the Metro and the Tram. Delicious breakfast and nice restaurant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The indoor pool was cold. Asked for omelette in the breakfast buffet and was told to pay extra for it.

Let us checked in early at around 12 instead of 2

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Awful rooms, the images are very misleading, the rooms are tiny and the bed fills the room so you have no space AT ALL to move. The rooms STINKS of sewage and was really stuffy. Definitely will not use this hotel again :)

I liked the location only.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were not smiling as when I check in, the room size was not as it is mentioned on my booking. When I mentioned this to the receptionist, he informed me that this is what we have. and he mocked me saying do you want me to measure in meters every room we have??. I was not expecting such treatment. The variety of food during breakfast was not enough at all and staff were gloomy faced.The room was noisy as I could clearly hear TV from other rooms.

I liked the location as it is need the tram way.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant wasnt all that, the hotel in general was very nice easy access to everywhere. Not bad at all. Pool was too cold, complimentary breakfast could do with some more additions

Easy access to the whole city so very good location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioner isn't working as well as it will be. It's shot down in the night 2/ 3 times. i informed the hotel during my stay and when i leaved the hotel . but they didnt give any attention . Thats why i rated the hotel 7/10.

Nice Location. Delicious breakfast and nice restaurant. Near the Metro and the Tram.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-Fi connection is really weak. Room (standard room) is small and stuffy, it needs to be renovated. Drinking water in the room is for money, what is more than strange for the 4* hotel. Free tea and coffee no one refills. Hygienic kit is limited, means no even cotton swab for example. Noisy 24h per day, sound insulation is weak. Constant strong smell of cigarettes even on the non smoking floor. Loud russian music on the 1st floor. Juice for money during the breakfast and not good breakfast in general (on the pictures it looks much better). Staff attitude is bit arrogant. Only one person on the reception desk was somehow helpful, but others even not friendly and rude.

Location is pretty good, popular city sightseeing attractions are walking distance. Cleanliness.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very hot in hotel room,even it was just 10degree.That hotel is not match to so many stars.Its feel more like 3stars hotel.It has been very loud outside.Swimingpool disaster,cold water and personel not so kind.

Brekfast was satisfaing and everything wad tasty.Good position and everything was on small distance.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When we first arrived They gave us very small rooms not like the photos posted in the site , there is no space for your luggage. After long time waiting in the hotel lobby and going up looking at different rooms. One of us had to pay extra 50 Euro for an upgrade the rest of us were given a little better rooms. It is also very noisy at night we did not enjoy our stay at this hotel I don’t recommend it for people who are looking for clean quiet place.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool is really small. Hot tube not working:(( Rooms not really big as they look on website. Very noisy and loud with the disco downstairs till 4am. Not a very pleasant stay in this hotel, Istanbul however beautifully;).

Hotel was fairly clean. Reception staff helpful breakfast staff miserable. Not a great stay in this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I stayed at this hotel in April 2018. If you booked this hotel and thinking you would stay at 5star hotel, you would be disappointed just exactly how i was! Nothing looks like the pictures on the website! The hotel has a very very poor customer service, you have to pay for everything you need apart from the room which you already paid! No complementry water which evena 2 star hotel gives. Pool is very poor and suan and spa is not free even if you want to use it urself! My wofe asked for an iron they said you have to pay! Talking about comfort, the hotel has a bar at the ground floor, you would hear the music till 1am and its really annoying! Beds and pillows are old and bad. I will not recommend this hotel at all!!

The ONLY thing is nice about this hotel is the reception area!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel vary noisy even at night or mid night because of the DISCO at the ground floor unfortunate i could nit sleep due to the disco noise

the location and staff especially Miss Seyma

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is mutch more smaller then shown on the pictures. There is a lot of noise, and the room/hotel is not quiet at all. Room key card is not working as expected. You need at least 30 seconds to 1 minute to open the door by inserting and removing the card, and this was happening even after they replaced the key card.

The shower is very nice, and the breckfast is good.Location is very close to metro.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Impossible just to visit the pool. We wanted to swim in the evening but couldn’t get there. There’re 2 women who offer it’s services...

Good location, very helpful staff! Thank you for that!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit small and stuffy, had to have the aircon on 24/7 even in April.

The terrace restaurant was very nice and we had a nice meal in the main restaurant downstairs

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is located in a beautiful, historical district, ideal for an interesting walk to the main tourist spots and with excellent and easy connection of the metro or tram to the distant zones. By its design and staff, the hotel makes you feel very satisfied and comfortable. Tips: If you are staying with your partner - Corner Suite is a room that will provide a truly joyful experience.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Noise. Our first night was in a room above the restaurant and it was extremely noisy. The second day after talking with the manager on duty we got relocated to the third floor. It got better but the walls are quite thin non the less. One night neighbors had a fight and we could totally follow the drama AT 3 AM. Cigarette smoke. Everywhere. In the lobby. In the hallways. And both rooms we stayed at. Officially the hotel rooms and hallways are non smoking but seems like not a lot of people care. They try to remedy it with air freshener but that just makes it worse. Breakfast was average. questionable quality. If we could cancel and eat outside we would. The "fitness area". It's a bike, a trendmill and some weights (filled with sand) situated next to the pool. If you try the weights sand comes out.

Great location close to the metro and a lot of interest sites. Staff was helpful and responsive.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

During the booking I asked the hotel to give me a room at upper level, but they gave me the 1st floor..moreover, in the floor -1 of the Hotel, they have a Disco Bar which works till 4-5 a.m. You can imagine the sound of the music in my room...yes after 3 days of my staying they offered me to change the room, but i had only 1 day to be back, thats why there was no need to make it.

Location, staff, facilitites is good! Staff is friendly, especially employee with name Haci, really friendly one and ready to assist every tourist there.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff at reception are very tough! no smiling no welcoming and check-in was so bad! Room without a dustbin!when complaining they said this is our policy,so all rubbish we had to throw them on floor!

I liked the team of restaurant, they are nice and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I think that there were only two things that could have been better. The first thing is that at the lobby-floor, there is restaurant with life music and the sound sometimes got up to our room, so it can get a little bit noise at times, even though it was not really disturbing. The second thiing is that at arrival, we waited for 15 minutes or so for our room to get ready. That being said, they made sure that we did not lack anything, so it was worth the wait in that sense.

The hotel is at a great location. Just outside is the 'Vezneciler' metro station which takes you in just one stop to the 'Marmaray'. This is a great way to cross the Bosporus. It also easily takes you to, for example, Taksim and that way to 'Istiklal Caddesi' and 'Galata tower'. The hotel itself is nice in the sense that it has plenty of facilities that will meet your needs, such as a spa and swimming pool (both of which I have not used by the way).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very tight , baths are like a box and the area is very load cause of pubs. They did not provide even water to your room, even when they clean it they will not replace the tea bags if it is used , its a one time only. So you don't have to stay there for more than one day.

Only the location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the location was good near public transportation but the room on the fifth floor has bad smell,the disco was tricky , they charged us 180 Lira for 2 shots of whisky

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Noise especially at night the was loud music playing the whole night for three consecutive nights. From a club next to the hotel really unbearable, so remember to pack a pair of earplugs.

The staff was great especially Sayma she was attentive and efficient she needs to be commended for her friendliness and willingness to assist.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only housekeeping lady was not cooperative.

Staff at the reception gentlemen Mr heasien and last siema they were very cooperative and very well behaved personalities.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel did not inform me payment for this booking had been rejected due to not accepting american express. On arrival I was expected to pay the full amount, I only had my american express and lira cash for my holiday. the staff did not understand it was their responsibility to have informed me before i arrived.

Breakfast options were poor, Rude staff on reception Extremely noisy Outdated rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception is quite polite, but I didn't like bellboys, who are like smug, arrogant.

In general hotel is good to stay, clean and clear - not best location but not far from the core center - but fine with close public transport availability.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

To be honest I didn’t find any thing that I didn’t like I would recommend it for everyone

Hotel very modern staff amazing and friendly, breakfast is wow

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I am so sorry At the binging I was so happy to book there for the second time But when I arrived they gave me a dirty room for my wife and my little baby. At the moment I was shocked. Then the problem start it As I said service.staff. Inter net no viber Everything was horrible

Nothing was good everything was rubbish the service of the staff hotel was rude no body new what they were doing no body speak English or French or Arabic or Italine as a hotel 4 stars you expect staff understand other languages.is very hard to try to explain them thinks.Also like they are jealous of us.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

First time in this hotel and having stayed in hotels across the middle East and Asia and Europe. I can say this is not a 4 star. The gym was 2 old treadmills and rusted dumbels near the pool. Very disappointing breakfast and to top it off juices and omelettes are chargeable. The cafe downstairs charged 7 TL for chai. Rip off. Overrated.

Location is good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Loud music when room is on first floor, great for tourists and youngsters ;)

Very very friendly and professional Staff, and in particular the Tunisian female staff member (forgot her name) , clean rooms, good breakfast. We enjoyed our BusinessStay! Beautiful City.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no noise cancellation at all, you can hear all conversations next room as well as music from downstairs. Breakfast is tasteless.

Location is convenient, close to metro, bus and tram. The most popular city sightseeing attractions are walking distance away. Good value for money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

asked for big bed and in advance asked not to get two beds connected and asked for upper floor . Nothing I got . But stuff are nice this only what was positive

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms window do not eliminate the outside voices ! All night i hear the music sounds and peole voice ! And that bothers

Everything ! The location is near vazancilar station which is good! The room was superclean ! Breakfast yummi with a great view ! The indoor pool was great 👍🏻👍🏻

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is about 20 minutes and approximately 60 lira by taxi from the airport. You can also come by metro if you knew the locations where you need to change, this will take a little longer but cheaper. The hotel was exceptional clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location for site seeing some of istanbuls amazing treasures.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is a music club located in the hotel. We could hear the music into our room even through closed window and it usually stoped around 3am. Also walls in the hotel are very thin in general so you can hear all the noise from other rooms or the corridor.

Good location, walking distance to most of the tourist sites and also to public transport. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Too too too much noise! Not from the street, but from inside the hotel; the music in the restaurant/disco went on till 2 a.m. every night! The other guests in the hotel also made too much noise! You have to pay extra for juice in the breakfast. The quality of the hotel's restaurant is also poor.

The room was spacious, comfy bed, great location and so close to metro stop.

• Connecting Room

Pool is very cold I got 4 kids they love swimming but I am very disappointed every day I ask they saying it’s cold in morning but hot in afternoon athen I went in afternoon still same then they saying we call engineers to fix and still same on next day

Hi the receptionist Isra she is a lovely lady very helpful and room is clean every day

Hole in room 122 window, noise from bar, cigarette smell in hallway outside room, 7 lira per regular mineral water in room

Bathroom shower, comfortable beds

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like having to leave. The hotel is spectacular.

This was the best hotel I ever stayed in. The room was fantastic. The staff were amazing. They really went out of their way to make me and my wifes stay magical. Everything about the place is wonderful. The swimming pool was excellent. The turkish bath was great. the breakfast was delicious. I would rate my experience 11/10 . I cannot wait to come back. Special shout out to Senya and the big lad in the swimming pool :) Thanks so much for everything.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Annoying music during breakfast, space is too small in the restaurant for a large number of guests, elevators too small and often not working, no toilet brush ??, pillows very hard. Location not good for light sleepers, very noisy neighborhood

The room was warm, shower nice and big, amenities with a nice smell, breakfast was versatile and a lot of choices

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I really like this hotel

The place and the view from the top floor and food was very delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful with the service and the atmosphere

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was kind of unfriendly (we recieved only one smiling freeting during our stay) and things were not explained clealy during check-in. Temperature regulation in A/C was not working properly and once we switched it off smell of sigaret smoke appeared in room. Also, as our room was on first floor the loud music from ground floor was very annoying at nights.

Breakfast was nice and room spacious. Location was good as well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I would only suggest for a room servise to clean floor. Because no one did it in one week of our stay.

Hotel located in best location. You have metro.. tram ..bus stop just next to it. I could easy go anywhere . Dont use taxi they ask to much money. BREAKFAST was good. I liked everything. Diffrent main dish everyday in our stay. Stuff is helpful . There is a bar downstairs. If u staying on high floor it wont bother you. I cant sleep in silence so it was not bothering me at night. We stayed on 4d floor.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was great the hotel was fair for the price Hussain at reception is helpful

If you don't leave the room befor 3pm they don't clean the room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast left a lot to be desired. Eggs too hard, scrambled eggs too watery and extremely tasteless, too many things that were bland and sometime inedible. They need to improve this. Their main restaurant food was so so and not the best in town.

The staff was very nice and helpful, especially the afternoon lady receptionist, Asra, who took good care of my wife during my three days absence in the field, also providing very helpful hints about where to shop economically in Istanbul.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

actually i didn't find anything to dont like, all were up to my expectations amd exceeded in some places

Service with a smile. my daughter and I felt as very precious

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cockroaches in my bathroom Disco was in the basement and I was staying on the third floor and I could hear the music, when I complained they made me wait till the morning to change my bedroom. Moved to fifth floor and still could hear the music. Tv didn’t work and staff were rude.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

thank you to the hotel for prolonging our reservation when there was a problem with the credit card! The hotel gave us a suite instead of a standard room, no extra charge! Thank you for a wonderful holiday!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is so overrated! If you’re expecting a four star property, you’re in for a rude awakening. Also, the hotel operates a disco at night (in the hotel restaurant/lobby). The music is extremely loud and goes on until around 3am -every- night! I was on the 4th floor and yet the music kept me up every single night!! Hotel administration is completely non responsive. The walls are made of paper-thin material you can even hear the television from both adjacent rooms. The breakfast buffet doesn’t offer any fresh options, unless you pay extra. Same goes for the “spa” facilities. I would have moved out after my first sleepless night if I hadn’t already paid the whole week.

Although not in the center per se, the location is fairly convenient.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is a night club on the ground floor of the hotel. If you are not for party, be prepared to sleep with your earplugs all night long.

Nice view from the top floor. Friendly staff speaks English, Russian, Arabic and more languages.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Isra the receptionist was extremely helpful! She upgraded me to a suite once I checked in knowing I was a regular client. She was very helpful throughout my stay! I definitely recommend Zurich Hotel! The staff are extremely friendly and hotel is nice and clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant downstairs was supposed to be non-smoking but everyone were smoking.

The staff were excellent - really helpful, cheerful, friendly. The room was clean, larger than we expected with a good shower and comfortable bed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the most terrible aspects of this hotel was annoying noise from the bar of the hotel as well as lack of insulated window!overall, the location was deeply noisy with traffic congestion. One further problem was about air condition in the toilet, actually there was no fan in all toilets in the hotel.

Breakfast was really good and time of Breakfast service was between 7 to 10 a.m . In the vicinity of hotel you can find many diverse restaurant ranging from Turkish to Arabic food. Moreover, the property has a great access to the metro station and tram, in less than 2 minutes you can reach to the all kinds of public transportation.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No help desk/reception. Hard checking in and opening the front door. Wifi was difficult to find and weak on the fifth floor. NO LIFTS!! No a/c

Excellent location, but a bit difficult checking in if you havent done it before. Very hard to get in touch with the reception, since there isnt one. Room looks very different from photos. I was given a room on the fifth floor even though I expressly asked for a lower floor (and I booked more than 3 months in advance). No lifts. It was cheap though considering the cost of other hotels in the area. Many restaurants nearby of all sorts. The bathroom was nearly as large as the actual room itself. Caught a heat wave in Switzerland when we arrived and there was no a/c, but they provided a room fan which was hardly adequate..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy especially with the disco sounds

Nice comfortable and clean rooms..Amazing breakfast (best breakfast I had) ..the view from the restaurant was superb with a pianist playing music was gorgeous

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This is an absolute TERRIBLE HOTEL !!! My room was by the discotheque of the hotel, music till 4am !!! Then they forget to return to me my passport and i missed my flight and had missed my flight...

Nothing to like !!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception staff was amazing,they are so helpful and sweet. And there are girl named chaimae in the reception front desk she is so nice and cooperate with us and offer us everything thing we was asking for. Plus they surprised me with a romantic room in my birthday as a gift from them and my wife. And don’t forget about israe the lovely women that take the night shift,she is so helpful in showing you places to go,and prices to pay. I recommend this hotel for you guys. Its near from the metro station and aya sofia,ahmad sultan.

I did like location a

I like staff But not the services like no body speak good English Room service is below everage I asked for milk never got it

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpet wasn't very clean, we moved the bed and underneath there were crumbles, like it wasn't vacuumed for a long time. In general should work on the cleaning of the rooms, the switches were dirty, the knobs...

The staff, they were really helpful and kind. The position is pretty good, the street not to noisy. Breakfast was great, excellent to have the restaurant on the top floor to enjoy the view. The food was great, a lot to choose from.

• Connecting Room

We had a serious problem with electricity fuse in our room (#211). Unhappy, A thief, rubs my wife bag, in pahlivan restaurant. They did nothing for us and no call to police. We tried to call and find police car and police station. Finally all to gather nothing happend, no comment, no action... Police just call hotel and ask for a translator, hotel did not accept to arrange a staff for translation, police oficer told me this is their dutty and they are lying. All money and cell-phone.

Finally every thing was OK. NEAR TO METRO STATION (120m); 2min WALKING TO Bus and train station. Good Break fast but not perfect. specially thanks for Ms. Sheyma who you could find her in restaurant. She was so friendly and kind. Thanks her.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is also a score of 5 for this hotel. My room was in conflict with the picture on Booking. The disco noise is heard in the rooms until 4:00 AM.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the staff members are rude specially the female receptionist . They dont allow my guest to come to my room is discuss private matters . The disco music is so loud at night .

Its in the middle of the city

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool water wasn’t warm It isnt easy to communicate with the staff The free nescafe and tea bags aren’t refilled on daily basis And bed sheets aren’t changed daily

Rooms are spacious and clean their design is very nice and room service is fast and excellent

• Connecting Room

The rooms were very small n congested..we were four of us n we had a connecting room.

Buffet breakfast was good..the staff were friendly n very helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel it was dirty and smelly also small rooms and can't sleep in the room cause of the music from downstairs which is too loud.

I loved the city Istanbul