Reviews of Motel 6 Hartford - Enfield 2 stars

#5 of 5 hotels in Enfield

6.2

6.1

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was small not enough towels and some of the fixtures were rusty and the hot water pressure in the sink outside the bathroom was almost nonexsistant

location and price

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lacked basic ammenties such as shampoo, a hair dryer and an iron. They should at least have a few at the front desk for guests to borrow.

It was clean and safe for the price point. Very convenient location

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby a bit scary, not inviting. Room was okay, no shampoo, only one towel. Heater was old and noisy. Bed not too comfortable and only a thin blanket on it, with no extra pillows or blanket. Phone did not work to call the lobby to ask about internet. Hotel itself very old and needs some updating.

The room was cheap.

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bath tub had some funky grime on the base of tub and grout around tub/floordiscolored. bed mattress soft pillows not great. tiny bath towels but i realize i paid $46 for the room

room was OK;

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to move 3 times as the first room did not have a microwave and also did not like my neighbor who were hanging outside their room appearing to be up to no good... the second room the heat was not putting out enough heat as it was 20 degrees outside and felt that way on the opposite end of the room which I had kept my jacket on. The third room I ended up staying but did not like the aroma of weed stinking outside of my room... but stayed anyways as I was tired of moving around all within the 2hrs of my arrival to this place. Then the day after it was okay with no issues...

It was affordable place which included a microwave and fridge.

• Standard Queen Room - Smoking

Need new mattresses on the bed that is very hard and uncomfortable shower leaks and toilet doesn't flush all the way pillows are too small not enough towels in the room

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very small, was supposed to be a smoke free room but smelled of smoke and air conditioner was the only way to get air and people were smoking on the balcony right outside of the rooms. Also we found lots of hair throughout the room, their were holes in the comforter and their were some bugs in the room (due to a space between the bottom of the door and the floor). Overall it was not a good stay and we were very happy to leave the next day.

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Run down and maybe a touch scary. At one point a police car made what looked like a routine pass through the parking lot. Guy next door had noisy dogs in his room.

Conveniently located, not an unclean place.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. The room was filthy including sheets, and pillows. They slammed like hell on the door at 8am assuming it was empty and that we had left.

It was under $100

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I asked for a smoking room , when I opened the door it smelled like an ash tray . I know I asked for a smoking room but I don't want to smell it as soon as I walk in the room, other then that the room was good .

I liked that the room was modern , clean and comfy . I loved that the shopping center ,movie theater and restaurants are with in walking distance yes I said walking distance . Location was amazing .

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No in room services. ie coffee. Could have stayed at a more modern motel with more amenities for the same or lower price. Will not book Motel6 again.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Arrived at 7 pm. The front desk person not personable. The shower had mold on the ceiling and the faucet wouldn't shut off. The toilet barely flushed four sheets of very thin toilet paper. Black stains on bathroom walls. I wore shower shoes. Only soap bar provided. They didn't have ANY SHAMPOO?!? Seriously?!? May have well provided paper towels for actual towels - so thin and rough. Large spider escaped death by going under the sticker molding. Bed was awful. Cleaning crew was knocking on the door before it was close to check-out time. We had the DND on the door. I will never go to ANY Motel 6 again. Ugh!

I was glad to leave.

No complaints.

The king size bed was very comfortable. I only spent time in the room to sleep and shower. I have no complaints and would recommend my friends and family to stay. Your location gave me numerous choices for dining.

Nothing rooms are filthy Doors broke Mattress and pillows are so uncomfortable Not worth the money

The only thing I like is its close to Six Flags The rooms are discussing floors filthy Bathroom was so scared of showering Broken doors The bed was so uncomfortable and the pillows are flimsy

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Water leaked over bathroom floor when showering, no smoke alarm(was a place for it but was missing), door didn't shut well(left a crack), bed close to the ac unit(a bit scared leaving on), Wifi sucked.

Cable, open sink, big mirror, sleep & shower, lots of shelf space,

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

front door was not sealed, the hotel wasn"t worth the price and they dont supply with shampoo and not enough towels, the room was too small for 2 full size beds, they should let their customers know they need to bring their own toweleties included hair dryers.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we couldn't get extra blankets or pillows because we checked in "too late". The room was grungy and dirty and the beds were tiny and lumpy. Room service didn't even clean our room.

location to six flags

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

no microwave/fridge in the room or even a kettle for tea/coffee tiny room tiny bathroom no tissue in bathroom window can't be opened for fresh air

good location with plenty of stores in the area

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller. Found hairs on everything, sheets/pillows/towels. Bathroom looked clean but upon inspection, showerhead full of mildew, looks like it hasn't been clean in months or more. Shower curtain smelled of mold. Guests next door were loud, roudy and gross.woke us up at 2am.

Place was cheap. You pay for what you get.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything except the office staff.

Place was a pit. Door seal was torn and gone. Room was 1940's and very small. Wash area outside of bathroom. Stayed first night and checked out rather than staying 3 days. Picture on Booking.com very misleading. DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms very small but clean and remodeled. Budget and family friendly. Near many restaurants and shopping.

Inside courtyard was nice. Nice basic overnight stay. Quiet. Air worked wonderfully.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

This hotel room was not clean. The outside court yard was run down and made us feel like we were in the slums. The beds were hard. The towels were paper thin and there were cracks and holes in the bottom of the tub. I had booked for 2 nights but left promptly in the morning. I would not have stayed the one night but after driving 14hrs we needed to sleep and then move. We stayed the next night at the Red Roof Inn across the road. It was $8 more for the night but it was 1000 times better. It simply felt like a motel rather than a low income crime lodging like the Motel 6. I have never felt so uncomforable in and room I have booked in the USA,all in the same price range, until staying at your Motel 6 in Enfield. I would not recommend it to ANYONE.

Nothing but location

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi signal weak, with no connection most time. No meals or options on property or a commissary for snack and such. Air condition on floor fixed, next to one of the bed. Vents fixed. Bed lamps fixture over the bed heads, too low. No shampoo. Only bar soap available. Scent unpleasant. No toothpaste. Not soundproof from external noise. No privacy to view outdoor via the window. Curtains had to remain closed all the time.

The staff was pleasant. Property clean.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A fridge in the room would have been nice. I was a little surprised to not have a blow dryer in the room, but I never looked to see if it was listed so my bad...

The facility was close to Six Flags and any thing else you would need to do. Target was in the back yard, all restaurants were near by. Staff was very nice. Room was cleaned every day. Overall very nice stay.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Could have a better temperature control..

Everything was good would book this motel again..Found it was easy to go shopping and find restaurant to eat at ...

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the bed was a little hard for my taste and the toilets need more pressure but overall it was a good stay.

Overall it was a good stay and i would recommend. The staff was courteous and very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room and sheets smelled like a box of cigarettes not enough space on the sides of the bed the people had to climb over each other. Front desk charged my credit card without asking me in advanced when we had cash. Staff not in front desked at check out people came in and left because they took so long. Did not understand English well and was a bit rude.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

On closer inspection the room was Unclean. There was an Empty soap wrapper on he floor. Also, A wad of toilet paper was adhered to door somehow. There were Crumbs on bathroom floor and a used hair tie. When the sheets were pulled back there were black hairs and some other type of crumbs. It almost seemed like they could have left the old sheets on.

The motel room had a surprising Modern Look. He Bright orange Bedspreads were delightful and the modern light fixtures were great and unusual for a Motel at this price. Bedspreads. Overall it had a Cheerful atmosphere at first glance. Some of the other Motel 6 locations looked outdated so I choose this specific one.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Management customer service was rather poor at best. I called to inquire on the room rates and availability. The manager/ or owner perhaps was not only not helpful, they were dishonest about the room rates and attempting to dissway my purchase of a ticket through the online booking and secure the room directly.

Nice room, clean which is required for my personal comfort.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Upon approach we thought the motel was a bit sketchy but later changed our minds. I would have liked a box of Kleenex in the room and when packing up to leave my husband found an identifiable sticky spot near the head of the bed

The bed was awesome, the pillows were great. The room was quiet. There was no carpet and yet the floor was warm although it was only 17degress outside. Coffee was offered in the morning at the office. Starbucks was across the street along with many varying restaurants within walking distance for supper

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Extra pillows and towels without asking the front desk. Bed squeaky and a little smaller than thought.

Great price for the evening. Room was clean and fresh sheets and towels.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This room was not very clean-it smelled dirty. This was a last minute plan-and it was late. Anything more convenient for my needs was sold out. I was too tired to address it. I would not recommend this location.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room - Smoking

Pretty sketchy area. Double locks on the doors with warnings to use the deadbolt.

Clean. What you would expect from a motel 6. Bare necessities. Could sleep.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard King Room - Smoking

I ordered a King size bed for myself, and my 2 teenage daughters. What I received was a double bed. The bathroom was not very clean. I also didn't realize I had been given a smoking room...gross. I wish I had paid the extra money to stay across the street at the Red Roof Inn as I have in the past.

Check in was very fast and the man at the desk was friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was next to stairwell. Overlooked parking lot. Very noisy with both. people smoked outside room.

bed comfortable enough although springs were very squeaky. Just sitting on it could give you a headache

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A Continental breakfast or some AM snacks would help. The room was a little small for two people and an air conditioner.

I liked the price. It is very convenient to restaurants, shopping and the highway. Even though I didn't use it, I think it's great that there is a laundry.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

About 1 am some body open my door I jumped out of bed and hallard at him he went out and said sorry but office said it was his room and gave him the door card to get in . didn't make me or my wife feel safe. I went to the office in morning because my card now would not open the door .Told them what happened they didn't seem to care. I'll never stay there again

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the dirtiest hotel that I have ever stayed at the first room I was shown had urine on the toilet seat. rusty not working air conditioner, dirty bed spread. the third room was better but still dirty, bathroom door had smears of something on it.

next to starbucks

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very rude and not helpful at all. Other motels were so much better for about the same price. Also never had to request a refrigerator be in the room or pay extra for one. It's pretty much standard these days at all motels/hotels. Very sub-standard.

Absolutely Nothing! I'd rather spend a few dollars more and get better accommodations. We were in three different locations and stayed in three motels, never go to a motel 6 ever again.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was very squeaky and the comforter had numerous burn marks on it. The hotel looked a little run down but overall it was a great value for what we paid.

The hotel staff were very friendly and it is in a great location, there are numerous strip centers adjacent to the property with restaurants and stores. We only stayed here to visit Six Flags, the hotel is very close and was a great value for what we paid.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When arriving the room was stuffy and hot. I looked around for the AC. It was a unit under the window. Right above the opening for the controls were chicken bones and ketchup packets. GROSS!!!!!!

It was close to stores and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bedding was far from what I would call clean. Noticed a lot of large bugs on the last day that came to share my accommodation.

I wasn't in the room for a huge amount of time so value was what drew me to this location along with the proximity to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe if the room was a little cleaner hair all over room with a hair ball in bathroom yuck and stickers on floor and don't look under bed 🙀 and don't go by the 2.9 that's as low as I could go the guy at the desk was friendly only highlight of stay

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that the front desk clerk didn't know how to run a credit card over the phone. Front desk clerk was rude and disrespectful and perhaps shouldn't have even been allowed into this country!!

I believe that the option to pay over phone should not have been an option if the credit card HAD TO BE PRESENT WHEN CHECK-IN!!!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were awful, they all felt crooked. And they weren’t comfortable.

Location was good .

• Standard Queen Room - Smoking

No frig and pounding on our door before it was check out

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was sold to other guests when we returned to the our room for our second night. My family had to sleep in the car.

• Standard Queen Room - Smoking

Rooms were dated and worn.

Smelled like POT ,old people hanging outside the rooms

The closest place to Springfield College available

I liked everything

The bed

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facility was a little run down,but expected at this price.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The line I had to wait for the room

It's off the highway very convenient and great price

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a grocery bag covering the smoke detector. Electric outlets were not good.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No room service, no complimentary bathroom products, no coffee maker.

It was ok, but not great

Staff

Customer service bad

• Deluxe Queen Room - Smoking

The bed sagged and could feel the springs pillows were garbage and the door barely closed looks like it was kicked in

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress needs to be replaced.

Location and value

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were pathetic at best. Also, could not get any extra pillows from the front desk as they said they did not have any.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty floor, toilet, & dirty wall

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy. Felt unsafe. Vending machines were cash only.

Close to shopping and restaurants

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Great price, great location!!

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Extra pillow in room would have been nice

So close to the highway

Bed was too small for 2 people. Wheelchair wouldn't fit in room

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The floors were extremely sticky and the bed was hard as a rock.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was just dirty not worth 76$ more like 50$ night . Felt like things were crawling on me all night

That its was a good location

Acoustic

Clean enough Good value for the money

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Burn holes in the sheets. When told about it, they just said sorry.

Easy to get to.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Convenient location in a nice mall right off major highway. Check-in clerk was friendly and efficient. Room was small, but modern clean look.

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very old fixtures and decor

Rooms clean

• Standard Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was stale and floor and towels were dirty.

It was quiet

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Thin pilled sheets, thin towel, lots of hairs around.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Coffee made early and ready!

• Standard Queen Room - Smoking

The staff wete very friendly and accomodating!

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hairdryer or mini fridge in my room.

Nice clean room with comfy bed. Very good value.