Reviews of The Tuscany - A St Giles Signature Hotel 4 stars

120 East 39th Street, Murray Hill, New York, NY 10016 , USA

#94 of 415 hotels in New York

• Studio

Didn't feel very clean. My young daughter found open packages and unopened packages (several) of prophylactics in the drawer beside the bed. It was disgusting and I couldn't get it out of my mind.

Good location right off Park Avenue.

• Studio

No mirrors in the bedroom area. Everything else was perfect.

The most amazingly comfortable bed ever! The whole friendly staff. Super amazing! The coffee in the lobby is fantastic and I don't usually like coffee. Super cool bar, not overcrowded hotel, peaceful and chill neighborhood. Great food available around the area. All the staff cared enough to remenber my name. Very comfortable environment. I didn't want to leave!! 😊😊😊

• Studio

Great location right by Grand Central! Easily accessible to all areas of the city, and the staff was amazing! The hotel was gorgeous and so clean. Well above the standard size for an NYC room. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Corner Studio

Our room was incredibly dusty and was never vacuumed properly. The AC was also very loud which we reported but unfortunately not resolved. Facility fee seemed a bit much.

Friendly staff, good location and very comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Studio

Lovely room with sophisticated modern velour furniture of good style and quality. Large room for NYC with a nook and interesting layout. Very clean bathroom- liked everything

• Studio

The rooms are great, clean, spacious, modern decor. Location is perfect, close to Grand Central Station for connection to all metro lines, and walking distance to 5th Ave. shops and landmarks.

• Studio

First off, be aware of the extra "service charges" they will tack on, because it brings the cost up a lot. Second, the pictures must have been taken a years ago after a renovation. The carpet was frayed, and the furniture looked like it had been banged on by kids with hammers. The bathroom looked like it might have been nice at one time, but the grout between the floor tiles and shower tiles was stained brown and black. No joke, I've seen cleaner grout in third-world countries.

The staff were nice.

• Studio

The bed was too soft. The first room I was given the AC was not working and the room was at 78 when we walked in. The maintenance man was in the room about 20 minutes attempting to fix the AC and the unit did kick in, but the temperature only went up. I went to the desk and was given another room, however, this whole issue cost me about 1.5 hours I wanted to have been walking around the city

• Studio

The mini bar was impressive but the large markup on prices prevented me from even considering using more than the $10 credit I was given. I would suggest picking up some snacks elsewhere and saving yourself a pretty penny.

I stayed in a single room and was very happy with the accommodations. The room is large with plenty of room to spread out and lounge. The bed was very comfortable which has rarely been the case in other places. If you’re a modest person you’ll have everything you need from this cozy place.

• Studio

A "facility fee"!?! I blame Booking.com for not sharing this fee and if they did, I cannot find it. $29.50 a day assumes you will use the gym and drink coffee. Obviously they should charge only the guests who actually want to use the gym & have coffee.

I was in a corner standard studio on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. No view at all which probably made for a quiet room. This room was large compared to other hotels. The towels were really scratchy, I felt like I was a grandma's. Really good shower but bathroom is made for one person. Staff is friendly and helpful. Elevators are secured by room keys and never had a long wait. Good room temperature control and had a fan that could run continuously (good for drowning out door slamming and talking in the hall at night). Great location; a few blocks from Grand Central.

• Studio

The facility fee is a rip-off and was not charged with the reservation but upon arrival and was a disappointing surprise as the hotel is not cheap. It includes unlimited coffee, what about tea? What about non-coffee drinkers?

The bed was the best hotel bed I have had. The pillows were also nice. The rooms are big and spacey. It is in a quiet area, it is a 10 minute walk to the shops or to Broadway.

• Deluxe Studio

The only improvement that could be made is in the cleanliness of the room. Because of the numerous travelers coming in and out of New York, the cleanliness of any and all facilities in New York is a notch down from other cities. I've stayed at other hotels throughout the city, and the Tuscany is pretty much par for the course for a 4-star hotel in New York. While staff cleaned everyday, dust was still very noticeable on all the furniture and the carpet seemed a little dirty. The carpet was also tattered on the edges and my sheets on the first night of my stay had small holes on the edges. These were the only things that detracted from my stay at the Tuscany, however.

The staff at The Tuscany are the friendliest I've encountered. When I checked in, Shirley was extremely kind and provided me with an upgrade. I was not informed of the upgrade, but was pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the room, the king-sized bed, and the stunning view of the Empire State building. The hotel also offers free coffee all-day, which is such a pleasure during a busy work week. It's conveniently located 4 blocks from Grand Central and is surrounded by great restaurants and shops. The price, location, staff, and amenities are simply the best you can get in Manhattan and definitely made my visit to New York enjoyable. A highlight of my trip was going for an early morning walk, stopping by Zuckers bagels for a plain bagel with lox, grabbing a coffee from the lobby, and enjoying breakfast with a view of the Empire State building.

• Corner Studio

Really can’t think of anything-unless you feel that you like to use room service (which isn’t something I do often) then not having an in-house restaurant might be a consideration.

The room was large by any city’s standards! The bathroom was modern and so pleasant that we wished ours was the same at home. We were convenient to Grand Central but in truth could generally walk to most uptown locations (and as we love to walk could walk to Soho and Greenwich too). Nearby restaurant and food choices and we loved having the complimentary coffee anytime in the lobby. Quiet at night so no street noise or bar music to deal with.

• Loft Suite

Room included a very unique world map mural made from random envelopes and stamps from around the world in the living room. Staff told me that each loft room has a different mural!

• Corner Studio

Well, one of the questions was on room lighting. It was more than adequate, though the giant metal lamp hanging over the little table between the chairs next to the bed was too big for the space. The view was the view, eh, what's important was the natural light and there was plenty of that. Finally, while it didn't effect my sleep at all, the mattress sheet had several small tears in the side, like someone's cat had gotten to it.

We'd never stayed on the East Side and were pleasantly surprised with the area as well as this hotel. Staff was great, room was better than expected for the money. We're not hotel dwellers so all we need is an easy in and out, good bed, clean room and good coffee. Check on all accounts.

Air heating/ AC Machine was working loudly Cold floor in a bath

Cleaning ladies were amazing warm persons, friendly with a heart in the correct place. Location Service First night we arrived heating was not working, but after request item was fixed immediately.

• Deluxe Studio

I wish that the quality of the body wash and body lotion were better. I did not think that there should have been a resort fee since I didn't use any of the extra facilities.

The location was very good.

• Studio

Centrally located close to Grand Central which is how we got into the city. Nice facility, especially for the price. Staff were friendly and attentive.

• Deluxe Studio

Im extremely annoyed that I paid 300+ and then was hit with a $30 fee that is mentioned as you check in. I also picked a high room and was only 7 floors up. Overall this stay I was very unhappy.... My last stay was a 10/10 but I am not pleased with the booking this time.

I like the hotel in general its really nice.

• Studio

There is no restaurant on the premises but free coffee is available in the lobby; however, they didn’t have any decaf, my wife’s preference. For breakfast, there are several opportunities around the corner on Lexington Avenue, most notably Scotty’s Diner, a classic small diner with excellent food and friendly, prompt servers. A major distraction was the oversized chandelier over the table next to the bed. It was very difficult to avoid bumping into it because there was little room between it and the bed. Reconstruction of the hotel next door impaired the ambiance of the immediate neighborhood with the scaffolding over the sidewalk, but that is typical all over the city.

The location on 39th Street between Lexington and Park Avenues is excellent. It is a short walk from there to Grand Central Station where you can hop on the subway and get just about anywhere for $2.75. It is possible to walk to most of the main attractions like Times Square and the theaters, the Empire State Building, MoMA, Rockefeller Center, etc. 39th Street is often very busy with traffic crossing town and trying to get to Grand Central Station. This made it easy to catch a cab and jaywalk when necessary. Despite the heavy traffic, our corner room on the backside of 9th floor was amazingly quiet.

• Studio

it Seemed like they were having plumbing issues, we had to change rooms because our toilet was running all night. Also, the night staff was very lazy. I asked for 2 sets of towels about FOUR times. Each time I got an excuse..one guy even said the house keeper is stuck in traffic. My sister and I decided not to go out that night because we were still waiting for towels at 1:30 in the morning. Did not appreciate the laziness and sarcasm from them.

The room decor was beautiful. The beds were very comfortable. Also, the manager of the hotel is amazing. Very sweet woman who listened to our complaints and took care of our needs.

• Studio

Best & Most comfy bed of all the hotels we've stayed at in the last 20 years in NYC. Super big room and really enjoy the grooming desk area. Super quite room (room 309 - wished I knew this place when I was flying to the city to study for my CPA exam) Staff great! Especially Shay. Great location (Midtown best, not too far going downtown and not too far from Central park).

• Studio

Excellent view of the Empire State Building from bedroom window, bedroom was modern and very spacious and hotel is less than 1 min walk from Park Av. and 5 mins walk from Grand Central Station.

• Studio

nothing - meant our expectations for a small boutique hotel.

Check-n fast and efficient and appreciate that our room was ready 2 hours earlier that we expected. Very clean room and quiet.

• Studio

Shame there were no coffee facilities in the room.

The hotel is situated in a great location, close to Grand Central and Time Sq. The staff is friendly, the room is large, quiet and comfortable, the bed is terrific, the washing facilities were clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure, and will definitely stay there again.

• Studio

Maybe tea and coffee in the room although availability in the lobby was ok.

Location was fantastic midtown, easy walks to ESB, Grand Central, Times Sq. Lots of local diners especially liked Scotty's.

• Deluxe Studio

Limited facilities but then perfect for New York - plenty of great places to go and eat at and explore

For the price the size and quality of the room was unlike most Manhattan hotels - was excellent. Great location too.

• Studio

I got a handicapped-accessible room which I didn’t plan on. Only major difference was having a shower curtain at the end of the bathroom which left the floor wet, but generally fine. Would have liked that description in the listing since I was there for 6 nights!

Spacious room, incredibly comfortable bed.

• Studio

The pillows are dealbreakers! They are way too tall to sleep with to a point where I just without any pillows. This is an easy improvement and I hope the hotel takes this comment.

The room is huge by NYC standards and is clean and modern. Location is still good, especially if you like being slightly further away from the noisy center.

• Studio

The GSA's were great. Shane stood out to my wife and I upon check-in because he was very friendly, accommodating and very knowledgeable about the area.

• Studio

Spacious room and bathroom with stylish decor. Staff was friendly and quick to solve issues (broken window latch in our room) sending up an engineer to fix immediately. Convenient Mid-town location.

• Deluxe Studio

Using the internet in the business lounge to print off tickets is both stupidly expensive and a joke - the speed of the service is worse than 90’s dial up! The lower floors are very noisy due to repair work going on on the neighbouring properties and the bellhop service - a really noisy mechanical lift they use to get bags up to street level.

It is a good location. Rooms are large and it is generally good value for a weekend where you just need a decent place to crash.

• Studio

It wasn’t too far walking distance from Time Square or the Empire State Building. Great location if you want to be near Time Square and not pay too much.

• Studio

The bathroom was not properly heated and the windows do not have the most adequate insulation, so it was a bit cold inside. Mind you, we had freezing weather in NYC, which is not usual for this time of the year (early Jan).

The hotel is centrally located and the rooms are huge!! Also, it does not hurt that we had direct view of the Chrysler building. Staff was always polite and helpful.

• Deluxe Studio

The heating is quite loud in the room which made it hard to sleep / hear the TV at times. There was no way to make a cup of tea or coffee in the room which was a buster. Another bad thing was on arrival we consulted the reception / door staff as to how we should best get to MetLife Stadium for an NFL game which started at 1pm on NYE (we arrived late on the 30th). They insisted that a private car costing $95 USD would be the only option and that we needed to leave at 11am to get to the game on time. We queried the use of UBER and / or a cab and they insisted that this wouldn’t be appropriate given it was NYE. We arrived at MetLife 11.45am and it was -17degrees and at the stadium there is no way, no way to get out of the elements. It was so uncomfortably cold we had to leave before the end of the game because we had been there so long Pre game (yes we had many many layers on). When we left, we easily booked an Uber back to Manhattan (5 minute wait) which costed us $36usd. We then booked further Uber’s later in NYE to get to dinner etc with no issues and no surcharge. We later found out that the hotel gets commission on booking these cars. We paid over double what we needed to to get to the stadium. Use Uber and cabs. Another point which was a little disappointing, my husband fell ill with the flu 24 hours before we were due to depart on a flight to Vancouver. We had a cab booked to take us to the airport at 4.45pm. All my husband wanted to do was lie in bed to get as much rest as possible. So I asked if we could possibly get a late checkout to 4pm to assist him with this. I figured we had stayed with them for 11 nights, and over NYE (which was quite expensive) surely they can help us out. The insisted that we neede to pay a half day room rate. Even though there was no one checking into the room that day. Of course, I paid it as when you have the flu, your not wanting to walk around in the NY winter for three hours.

Housekeeping staff are fantastic.

Not a lot I didn’t like 😀 would stay again

Lovely hotel bigger than average rooms for NYC huge bed. Couple of blocks from Grand Central Station. Loads or bars restaurants and diners round. Minutes on shuttle from Times Square and easy subway access to everything. Loved it here will stay again next time

• Studio

Very nice hotel in convenient location in the city. Great value. We were upgraded to a very nice and comfortable room. Large by NYC standards. Nicely decorated and very comfortable bed. and nice bathroom.

• Deluxe Studio

Kind of silly, but the toilet is very close to the bathroom door (just a little inconvenient).

The location is excellent; it is on a quiet street, close to Grand Central for our subway rides to the Brooklyn Bridge and the World One Observatory. It was a quick walk to the theatre district, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Hall, Madison Square Garden, little bistros. I loved the spacious room, the red chaises, the comfy bed and the ease with which we could ask for more towels, ice. I would have loved coffee available in the room, but my boyfriend always got it for me in the lobby. Staff were great to explain locations. The Empire State Building was shining and in brilliant blue lights outside our bedroom window!

• Studio

The phone was not able to connect us to the front desk. The staff was not professional. We could not get an extra robe delivered to our room. There was no coffee in the morning and the guy behind the desk could not explain what had happened or when to expect more. No apologies. He just went back to reading his phone. When we checked out, no question about how we enjoyed our stay, whether everything was to our liking, etc. Staff is not well trained!

The room was large and beautifully appointed

My husband snoring.

The staff are wonderful. Shane is an excellent person to have on staff. The concierge both had excellent food recommendations. Our room was kepted excellent and also Left notes and chocolate. Extra blankets were a dream.

• Studio

All NY is full of homeless people, we could see people smoking marijuana in the streets, and people alone just yelling nonesense looking for a fight, at least 3 of each in 2 days. It is around 10 to 15 minutes away from Times Square, walking, so if you return at night from a bar you won't feel so secure, probably in the whole NY, but as it is not in front of all the big activity, you will have to walk and try to avoid weird guys.

Room was very nice, with a lot of space. The guy at front desk very kind, and he speaks spanish. We had an amazing view to the Chrysler Building.

• Studio

I would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Having said that there was complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby every morning.

The staff were exceptionally friendly, we were checked in immediately and our room was upgraded . The room was very spacious and clean and there was an ample bathroom well stocked. There was very little extraneous noise as this is a relatively quiet area of midtown . The bed had excellent linens and was very comfortable. The staff provided us with an umbrella , ordered taxis for us and stored our luggage for a few hours after checkout . Well done to all at the Tuscany . Also , as we are frequent users of the subway , this hotel’s location 5 minutes walk from Grand Central was a bonus for us.

• Studio

About the only complaint was the rather lumpy foam pillows – in my experience, most hotels of this caliber changed to real or synthetic down pillows some time ago.

Overall we were delighted with The Tuscany. The room was spacious, stylish and comfortable. The "rain" shower head provided a luxurious drench, very welcome after a day of jostling in dirty New York. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Soundproofing was sufficient to keep the occasionally raucous bar downstairs and the semi-permanent traffic jam on E. 39th Street at a discreet distance. Location is excellent, only 3 blocks from Grand Central Terminal, from which one can conveniently access any part of the city by subway.

• Studio

Excellent Location!! A very nice hotel in walking distance to many of the main attractions in NYC. We loved it. Nice staff--very helpful and didn't pester

• Studio

The room decor was not particularly appealing and the amenities were of a slightly odd assortment. For example, they had 4 packets of cotton balls/Q-tips but no shower cap. Still these were minor issues, and while the hotel would not be my first choice during my next trip to New York City, I would not be opposed to staying here again.

The Tuscany has large rooms with comfortable beds and a friendly, accommodating staff. The bathroom was modern and bright.

• Deluxe Studio

The hotel is really nice, and in walking distance to the UN and 5th avenue. There was no breakfast, but complimentary coffee offered every morning. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean.

• Studio

Telephone calls were a problem in that either no one would pick up or the calls would not get connected. This happened with two of my callers. The Internet connection was also erratic and calls to guest services to attend to it were not answered.

Real buzz in the hotel in the evenings due to the attached SUSHI ROXX restaurant and bar.Great location too.Staff at the reception and front desk were helpful.

• Deluxe Studio

Scheduled wake up call for 4:30. Called at 3:40 and 4:15. Front desk person who called seemed clueless. Lady at desk was not responsive to my complaint when we left. Nice hotel but staff less than average.

Large quiet room.

• Studio

Very loud lobby. Sushi/bar noisy. Obnoxious. Came back to hotel and young woman sitting on curb vomiting with tons of loud drunk people around.

• Studio

My sisters room had a bathroom that smell really bad. Her room had an exit to sewer system apparently and smell terrible. Also wish they had breakfast

Rooms were very big and comfortable I had no problem with my room.

• Studio

I don't like that they automatically bill $100 to your cc for incidentals and you have to wait 3 business days for it to be credited back. When I booked the room, it said King Bed. It was a Queen bed at most - possibly Full. I brought this to front desk's attention and they gave me some excuse about it technically being a king bed but it was smaller due to the size of our room. They basically didn't care and offered nothing to rectify the situation.

• Studio

If the restaurant offered breakfast, it would be great. The complementary coffee and tea is very nice.

Excelent location, the neighborhood is very nice and the Grand Central Station is three blocks away. The hotel and room were very comfortable and the bed like a cloud. The wifi is very good and the staff is very friendly and professional.

• Studio

I would say look at the charges when checking out there was a bit of confusion. I had a car for one night only out of the 2 that I stayed but they automatically charged my card for the 2 nights and I didn't authorize it as I was going to pay separately for the 1 night. Semi pain to deal with checking out but it was handled.

The front desk staff Shane was amazing! The room is huge for NY standards and the deal on Booking was amazing. Sushi Roxx is inside and the food is fantastic! I travel often, stay in many hotels, therefore I am picky. The room itself could use a little facelift but overall very happy with the hotel.

• Deluxe Studio

There was no breakfast or meal plan included. In house restaurant didn't open in the mir ing so one couldn't even buy breakfast there.

Very comfortable bed and spacious room. Ours was the Deluxe Studio which is very nice.

• Studio

Room size was just adequate. Cannot see the point of a huge writing desk (about the size of a small dining table ) taking up valuable space for luggage etc.

Good location.

• Studio

The first night in the hotel I had showered and got into bed to watch TV on the side of the bed farthest from the entrance. I had only TV for lighting so it was dark. When I got up to use the bathroom I whammed my ankle into a dark brown colored bench at the foot of the bed. I had a large pounding bruise because the bench was totally invisible in the darkness. It's placement with that fabric choice is an accident waiting to happen to anyone staying in that room, at least. I was also disappointed that the restaurant that was listed as being in the hotel was not actually a place you could have breakfast or lunch and was a sushi bar with flashing lights and loud bad 80s music.

The room was plushly decorated and very spacious. The bathroom was removed from the bedroom for couples showering or getting ready without disturbing the other person and the bath itself was lovely. I loved the shower!!

• Studio

It was a pity that there is no breakfast but only complimentary coffee on site.

The room were quite large with enough extra space for a crib. The bed were large and very comfortable. The bathroom was top.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Studio

I had filtered my search for room service specifically so I could have a healthy breakfast at 5:00am then fast for six hours before a medical exam. Not only does the Tuscany NOT have room service, they do not have coffee makers in the rooms and the 'mini' bar is a bottle of wine and some coke. The 'trendy' decor has been slapped on the walls but the essential age of the facility are evident. My room was dark and dingy, with wood surfaces scraped and scratched and red velvet chairs that belonged in a bordello. The telephone operator was curt when asked how the lighting system worked and there was no neighborhood guide to facilities like drug stores and hairdressers that guests might need. The promised delivery of the NY Times and a pot of coffee was not kept. The Court Hotel, a similar St. Giles property down the block at the corner of Lexington, is half the price and has coffee makers in every room.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Studio

Windows need to be cleaned. Ramp needed for those bringing large luggages.

Large, clean, well-furnished bedrooms especially for working. I especially like the large seats and round tables. Comfortable large beds and generous personal care items. Location is great. 3 short blocks from Grand Central. Half a block away on Lexington Avenue are plenty of restaurants to choose from. Large spaces is a rarity in Manhattan so this is definitely my favorite hotel after trying out many for work.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Corner Studio

The AC Unit was pretty loud, luckily I didn't need it for my room to keep a comfortable temperature. Also there was quite some noise coming through the door and the windows.

Roomsize compared to other Hotels in New York was very good. From my room I had a nice view of the Chrysler Building. The location was great, within a few blocks from Grand Central and Bryant Park.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Studio

Room was lacking basic hotel info. Food left outside neighboring rooms door at night was still there in the morning. Was told no coffee or food until 7:00 am. Food was not available when I left at 7:30 am.

Big room. Great, central location for quick visit.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Corner Studio

No facilities to make tea or coffee in the room.

Great location close to Grand Central Station, the room was very quiet and sizeable. Lovely comfy bed and good quality linen and towels.

• Studio

I had lost my phone in a local taxi and the driver tried to return it to me a few hours later when it was discovered. The front desk staff on the night shift refused to call my room to let me know she had it. Subsequently, the entire next day I was making calls to try to locate it. I even asked Front desk if anything had been reported and turned in and they said NO. Several hours later, she called me and delivered to me in person, noting that she attempted the night before to get the phone to me with no luck and no cooperation. Unbelievable! Thanks to incompetent night time desk staff, I spent the entire day wondering where my phone was. They could have rang my room and told me she had the phone. I was very annoyed by this. Big negative in my view.

Two of the four front desk staff with whom I interacted were incredibly helpful and friendly; the other two not so much (see negatives below). Great beds, nice rooms. Ideal location.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Studio

When we booked we thought that breakfast was available, that was not the case. I sas in New York for meetings and did not want to have to find breakfast!

The beds... very comfy!!! Huge bathroom! Helpful, friendly staff from our 1am arrival on the night before Stella, until our departure six days later! Will stay again!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Corner Studio

Every part of the experience was outstanding. Fit and feel of the hotel was terrific. The room was largest I have had in NY. Every detail was managed to perfection. Staff was outstanding. I spend 20+ nights per year in NY and this place wins by a long shot for best place.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Studio

Our windows didn't close properly which meant it was noisier than it should have been.

Great location, very large rooms (especially for New York), clean, friendly staff.

• Studio

There was nothing that I didn't like about my stay at the Tuscany. The property was beautiful and it was SUPER clean. The staff was extremely accommodating, upon arrival my room was upgraded for free to a king suite; which was so spacious! The amenities were also excellent, especially the products in the bathroom! I will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Studio

The hotel bar didn't open during the day so you couldn't even get a cup of coffee / drink or sambo during the day. There are no coffee / tea facilities in the room. Also, the bar closed at 10pm. I would recommend for the ladies to bring their own hair dryer - the cord was so short on the hair dryer that you had to use it in the plug in the bathroom which wasn't ideal if someone needed to use the loo or the shower. It made it very difficult to dry your hair.

Great location between Park and Lexington Avenue. I felt very safe in the hotel and the area its in. Nice staff. Not too busy. Lovely and modern. Bedroom was lovely and big. The bed was the most comfortable and biggest bed I have ever slept in - it was fantastic. Bathroom was a great size and the shower was fabulous. Easy to access the free Wifi too. Great little diner around the corner on Lexington called Blooms. Highly recommend this hotel to family & friends.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Not one thing

Best value hotel in the location. Short walk from Grand Central and 20 minute walk to Time Square or the Garden. Miguel and Dennis could not have been more accommodating. This is our new go to spot for NYC

• Studio

AC was a bit loud and not very warm during the blizzard (low temperature), but they did solve the temperature part.

Rooms are always big, bed extra comfy, very friendly staff, excellent location, room view (Empire State building), have stayed before, really like it.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Studio

Nothing huge - not a great interpersonal reaction from staff or front desk - other than lovely maids

Got a wonderful huge room on 16th floor. Very nice room indeed.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Very lumpy pillows, not sure why they haven't been replaced, esp. since they strike such a discordant note with the rest of the bedding. Furniture is completely fine but maybe getting a little tired, or perhaps it's the lack of any pictures on the walls that makes it feel just slightly drab, though I don't want to emphasize that too much as it's really very nice all things considering. Despite very large size of room, it has only one (king-size) bed and they don't seem to have extra beds that can be rolled in so as to accommodate eg a child. (I asked about this, with a view to staying there again with my family.) They do have some 2-bed rooms though. The entrance/reception area of the hotel is on the small size and somehow slightly odd, so not an elegant place in which to meet one's friends/clients, but there are obviously plenty of other places for that in the city, so this was not a problem for me.

Very large corner room ("Corner Studio") with windows on two sides (one of which gives a partial view of the Empire State Bldg), with well-appointed bathroom and walk-in closet situated off a little corridor, which adds to feeling of spaciousness. Spotlessly clean. Terrific location esp. if you need to be in mid-town but also very well connected to subway and buses.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe Studio

For a quiet room, stay top and back. Disappointing baths are only available in lower front facing rooms where it isn't quiet.

Friendly and helpful staff, especially the managers. Rooms are big. Also to mention Café Delectica which they link to which has very good value breakfasts and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Studio

No facecloths first night Bedside light would not turn on without master switch by door.I went to staff, they couldn't help. Thermostat couldn't figure out.

comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Studio

I traveled a lot in New York, mostly in 4/5 stars hotels, but this is the Best location I've ever been. I am not a review writer, but now I have to do this. Beginning with the check in , I found here very helpful and friendly stuff . The room is awesome and when I say awesome I really mean it. Never think to find a New York room with this location ,huge space, and great view over the city .My mistake, I didn't know to use correctly the heater control ,and I ask the reception to help me with this. In 3 minutes after my request , a very friendly guy from the service team came in the room and fix the problem. I am strongly recommend this location for everybody who wants to have a great time staying in New York. Thank you very much Tuscany!