Reviews of Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Niagara Airport 2 stars

#6 of 13 hotels in Williamsville

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Terrific Lodging
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Easy, friendly check-in. Location is perfect: Close to the Interstate, yet very quiet. Grounds are nicely kept with lots of trees. It feels secluded. Room was very clean and comfortable. It's all good. Really.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

repeat guest overall the place staff, room and place was 10...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

everything there was all anyone would need

repeat guest overall the place staff, room and place was 10 times better then the few that we were in. booked the place again for next Friday Oct. 19.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Accessible, quiet area, friendly day staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only 1 shampoo/conditioner for the 2 of us. Small old microwave was making too much noise while being use.

Small bathroom but good enough space. Clean Quiet, secluded area from the main street

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was hard as a rock. I asked for a fan and couldn’t even get that. If I’m paying 100 bucks for a night breakfast should be included. Only stayed here because the gardens down the street was booked. Stayed there the week before.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The extra fee being charged for a safe that you had to let...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The extra fee being charged for a safe that you had to let them know you didn't use in order to have the $1.50 taken off your bill. Also no microwave or fridge.

The room we stayed in smelled of urine.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

The room we stayed in smelled of urine. Which is understanding with pets. But perhaps washing the bathroom floors with Clorox might help the urine smell. :-)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Close to airport. That's it. Poor value for the $145 price.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

The bed had many hairs in it. It was obvious that the bedsheets hadn't been changed. They offered a new room but we were tired and they sent us new sheets and pillow cases. We had to change them ourselves as there was no staff there at that time to do it.

proximity to the Buffalo Airport. They gave us $25 back for the bed sheets not having been changed and they apologized.

Mixed opinions
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Windows and floors could have been cleaner. The property seems a little bit old, which needs to be maintained a bit better.

Good value for money. Really sweet staff.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed pillows need to be replaced, very old and hard as a rock. Motel was very busy when we were there, with people waking you up during the night and first thing in the morning.... coming and going.... you hear everything from outside.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevators. No refrigerator. No microwave. The staff was a little bit rude when ask if a room at ground is available, did not even bother looking at the computer to check.

Location. Non-smoking. Ac is cold.

Served its purpose for one night
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

The next room who came in at 12:20 am turned on music and stayed up to the wee hours. Thank god for the drone of the AC unit. The AC was very damp. Generally the place needs a renovation

Proximity to airport. Christina at the front desk was very helpful in finding my reservation that booking.com didn’t handle correctly

Clean, quiet, right off a highway.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We asked a simple place for a one night stay - perfect.

Clean, quiet, right off a highway. Several stores, restaurants and coffee shops around a corner. 30-40 min drive to Niagara Falls

You get what you pay for
    • Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

I didn't like the area because people were fighting and kicking on the hotel doors

I did like the distance from the hotel to the airport and also the bed was comfortable but the bathroom was nasty

Terrible

Not family friendly

Lost our reservation, told us they didn’t have cribs then found out the next morning they have plenty and the worker the night before just didn’t want to go get one. Definitely not family friendly. Night staff was rude. Day staff was great.

Very good value, but tobacco smoke smell in room.
    • Superior King Room

Room smelled of stale smoke even though is smoke free hotel. Was tolerable, we did not request a room change though I am sure it would have been gladly accommodated by staff.

Easy access to Rt 90. Good value for price. Was quiet and beds and pillows very decent for a budget rate hotel. We got a good rest. Staff was excellent in fixing my error on my online booking. Liked that it was pet friendly.

The comfort of the bed and the location
    • Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

When I took a shower the water never drained! There was condensation dripping from the bathroom light and around it. I slid and fell from the dripping because it dropped on to the bathroom floor. Room 248

The comfort of the bed and the location

Clean rooms for basic needs. Excellent.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Fit our needs, which weren’t too high. For a traveler with luxury, this is not the place. We needed a clean place to stay and this absolutely fit the bill. Thank you!

Yhere was good and bad.
    • Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

The first room was freshly smomed in. The fire alarm was covered with a wash cloth with a rubber Band to hold it on. Odd. Chirping sound. Called fro t desk. Got a step stool. Took the cloth off. Chirpi g co tinred. Another alarm in tbe bathroom. New batteries. Told it would reset. It didnt. Put us in another room. Two lights did not work. Ants in the bathroom. Sent an email to the distri t manager at 10.30 pm his card was openly at the checkin desk. When i checked out, they told me that my bill was reverzed. No charge. Hadnt expe ted that. The roo.s had neen re o ated as i had read. New beds. Wood floiring instead of a rug A ni er red roof than most. I do believe the problems will be taken care of.

Yhere was good and bad. Front desd tried to fix problems, but was unable to. Put us in another room as our non smoki g had re entlt been smoked in. The next paragrPh has the bad....but i temper it with the manager is folliwing up with my concerns

Our room met all our needs., and staff was very helpful. Our room was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast other than coffee. It would have been nice to have a refrigerator.

Staff was friendly and was quick to handle our concerns (icy stairs, extra towels). Location was perfect--lots of restaurants and stores nearby.

Bad experience, i was expecting more
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was not clean. They put me in a room but the toilet was all dirty so I changed room. The 2nd one was ok but the toilet clocked and i found a used wash cloth in the bathroom 😐

I really liked the location and the bed wasn't bad

Pleasant stay as usual
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee maker in our room (not in all rooms) - rooms are quite soundproof. Check-in/out very quick. Quiet location with a Bob Evans within walking distance. Staff at the Bob Evan's are the most pleasant I have ever encountered.

Great budget friendly motel, the TV is a pain in the neck.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I'd give it 5/5 if it weren't for the TV. It always turns on to their 'lodging network' and you have to jump through hoops to get it to show the local stations news or weather. I'd much prefer to shut it off after the 11PM news and then when I press the on button in the morning it would fire back up on that same station. It doesn't do that, it goes to some infomercial like thing with a has been actor. When you finally get to the list of channels it jams pay per view stuff in the list, 2,3,4 PAY PER VIEW AD, 5,6, 7, AD, etc. A real pain in the neck. This is probably why I won't stay here again. I is just annoying. There are plenty of places near the airport with the same price.

The Red Roof in Bowmansville is fine. I've stayed here several times before. The rooms are fine, the parking is fine, the snow is quickly cleared from the lot. There place is a good value for the price.

Great location, excellent staff and a good price for a room to crash at during a quick in & out tN.Y
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just a wee bit better cleaning; cobwebs in the corner of the shower, floors near beds needed more attention.

The staff was excellent; Rita and Jenn were very friendly and helpful.

Truly enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn
    • Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

If you don't drive is not really convenient to other places to eat you would have to have something delivered for the most part

The property is very discreet.

It was a good value and a comfortable stay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was a good value and a comfortable stay. I was there on a business project. Ended up being there for a week in a snowstorm. Lot plowed every day easy access in and out no issues overall.

Comfortable, Clean and quiet
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stay at this hotel when I am in Buffalo and it has always been a great place to stay. It is quiet, clean and comfortable. the staff is helpful and polite.

Overall we were satisfied for the money we spent and I will stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom wax tiny and the showers curtain could have been less wrinkly...could have used some downy. 😊

The room rate was the reason for choosing this hotel and we weren’t expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised. Room was clean modern and a fair size.

There were hidden charges for two nights of safe fee which I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were hidden charges for two nights of safe fee which I did not use. (we stayed two nights under separate reservations) The rooms were extremely hot and the heat could not be regulated, very uncomfortable. Bathroom amenities were minimal. Shower curtain smelled.

Clean, comfy, great price, convenient for airport travel
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was clean and comfortable. The park and fly option is really helpful. Last time I stayed, I was bothered a bit by the highway noise, but this time I requested a room as far from the highway as possible, and it was quiet and totally great. This I should an excellent way to stay near the airport the night before and early morning flight without spending a ton of money.

They never came to clean my room.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

They never came to clean my room. No fresh towels were left. I went to the front desk and they said that everyone had left for day. There were hard wood floors in the room which were not swept good at all

Get what you pay for
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not enough towels! We got a double room for 2 and there were only enough towels for one. The room was a bit chilly too, 90F was the warmedt tge thermostat would go but the heaters were located right over the windows and over the bathroom sink. Would have been nice if it was closer to the beds instead. So cold.

Free parking! Area is off the main streets so no road noise. Room had microwave, coffee machine and fridge. Very close to major malls and stores.

Short
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a ticking or leaking/drip? Sound that I couldn’t figure out where it was coming from but, was to tired to complain and get it fixed or change rooms.

Clean and lots of outlets close to bed.

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows even on the king size beds are standard size and SO UNCOMFORTABLE, it's insane. They are flat and hard and like stuffed with owens corning fiberglass insulation. Gave me a headache. Also the heater when on made this obnoxiously loud clicking noise every second and was ultra annoying. The heating units are old and outdated. Shower curtain also had dark stains.

There were no bed bugs. Good water pressure in the shower.

Excellent value for the money for a clean, comfortable room in a great location for our purpose.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The refrigerator froze everything in it

The cleanliness & size of the room. Also, being Canadians, the "in room safe" meant we didn't have to walk around with 2 wallets on us/ with us

I would recommend this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms did not have refrigerators or ice machines like a typical hotel would. The signs to get to the hotel were a little confusing as well. Example: The “Red Roof Inn” sign is located outside of the bob Evans restaurant but is in reality not even in the same parking lot. It is located a little ways down the side road next the the restaurant.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating to our wants and needs. It is very quiet and is near many different restaurants and shopping centers making it a prime location.

Not happy with my stay at all will not here again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The comforters in the room were stained. Also I was very upset because I thought there was a fridge and microwave in the room and there was not. Brought cold stuff with me to save money from eating out and I wind up throwing it all out because of the misleading information on the the site. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!! Told staff about it and they were not helpful at all!!

Woud recommend Red Roof to others!
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

We were in the area to attend a big concert and while there I realized the key card to my room had fallen out of my pocket. I called the hotel to ask about it, as it was in the sleeve that indicated the hotel name and room number so there was some slight chance (slight because we were several miles away and the traffic was very heavy due to the concert) someone might have found it and entered our room. It made me a bit nervous. The front desk person said she would make us new keys and that as soon as we used the new keys, the old one would be de-activated. This wasn't particularly satisfying. I would have preferred for them to have found some other way to ensure the lost key was de-activated right away. As it turned out, there were no new keys waiting for us, although the desk staff did make them for us upon our return, and of course no indication that anyone had used the lost key.

Very glad to have a safe in the room. Other amenities- fridge, microwave, iron- were convenient too. We were especially impressed that the floor didn't have carpeting. The wood flooring was really nice and made the room seem particularly clean and classy, even though as hotels go it was a quite modest price.

I wouldn't come back to that hotel.
    • Superior King Room

I made hotel reservation thru booking.com - hotel confirmed it the day before arrival but at daybof check in check they couldn't find my reservation in the system - prompting them to create a new reservation under my husband's name which created a triplicate charges : twice in my account and once in my husband's acct. Quite a nightmare to get money back !!!!

Clean and comfortable rooms

Excellent value for some cross-border shopping
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms I've stayed in have been renovated and are very nice and clean ~ they have laminate flooring, comfy beds and bedding, excellent parking lot and close to everything shopping and dining. The price is great! I didn't travel with a dog, but others did & they have lovely grassy areas with beautiful trees - they even have little stations with doggie bags and waste baskets. I have stayed here three times now and although it is beside a highway, I have never hear highway noise. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are looking for a value place to do some cross-border shopping.

Great location, very quiet, set back in from main road. Beds need to upgraded to Queen size.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No fridges or microwave in room and queen sized beds would have been a lot better!

Staff at front desk was great, cleaning staff seemed very nice. Fridges in rooms would be an excellent idea!! Loved how quiet the location is and the fact that it's set back in from the main road! All in all was a great stay.

The location was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

All rooms should have mini fridge n microwave I took my 2 year old grandson n I had no microwave to warm his milk up, I had to use hot water. The rooms need air freshener.

The location was good.

Not recommended
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Blanket and pillows were terrible. When asked for another blanket and pillow I was told they do not stock extra. I had to buy a blanket to stay at the hotel. I thought it was expensive for what it was worth.

Bed was comfortable

Great Stay

Zero

Ever thing went well for the three day stay. Front desk, maid service, were very helpful. It's been about 15 years since we last stayed here. We will be back Grounds were impeccable. They also had three baby cats at the rear which were fun to watch.

The room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was very small- the bathroom door cleared the toilet with less than 5". It was difficult for my elderly mother to maneuver in and out.

The room was very clean and comfortable.

Easy to find, Great room for the price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The refrigerator in my room was a little noisy the first night I guess.

It's located right off a highway so anything I could have needed was less than a five minute drive down the road and it was easy to find. The rooms were very clean and well stocked (plenty of towels and toilet paper in the room already).

wonderful place for the price.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't really anything I didn't like. I had a good stay there.

It was so easy to check in and out. The room was nice and clean and spacious. I enjoyed my stay there

Adequate for the price and convenient for the location.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The sprinklers came on when I arrived and I had to walk through them to check in. The tub was not cleaned after use. Some teenagers were partying out of their car in the parking lot late at night. They were not noisy, but didn't belong there.

It was clean upon arrival and convenient to the expressway.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Bravo Red Roof Inn at Buffalo Airport!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a booking problem and the Red Roof Inn staff went out of their way to call us with a prompt resolution! Bravo! Tidy room. Love the non carpeted floors.

Nice place for a mid-travel stopover.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were the hardest pillows I've ever encountered at a hotel. No choices, all were the same - like thick cardboard. Room could have smelled fresher, just a bit stale smelling.

Overall nice place. Clean, well maintained, basic hotel. Very close to the airport, but I heard only a few planes. Easy access to the interstate. Everything was as expected from a Red Roof Inn. I'd would stay here again if I was needing a place to stay in the area.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Never Again
    • Superior King Room

We asked the front desk to have our room cleaned as we left for lunch at 1230p. When we returned 4 hours later nothing had been done. Called the front desk and was told housekeeping was gone for the day and we could come down and get towels & sheets. Really? When I asked how were they going to compensate us for the inconvenience I was told I have to speak to a manager tomorrow. I called 2x couldn't speak to him & left messages. Then the guests next door were outside on the balcony smoking drinking & very loud after 11pm. Oh and the TV didn't work for most of the time we were there and the bathroom fan was do loud I showered with the light off and door open. This has always been my go to place to stay. But i will NEVER stay there again.

Convenient location, inexpensive

High-Value Lodging Near Buffalo Airport
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

I had no complaints whatsoever.

This facility has updated decor and was very clean. Ample free parking was available. I stayed in an ADA-accessible room which was spacious. The bathtub included both a wall-mounted shower and hand shower, which was convenient.

It was quiet.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

I called the front desk for a spoon and it was a older gentlemen he had a rude tune.

It was quiet. The king bed was very comfy. the housekeeping is great.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

It was nice and clean and liked the hard wood floors instead...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Although I knew breakfast wasn't served I thought there would at least be small coffeepot in the room and small fridge. When traveling I do have some items that need refrigerated.

It was nice and clean and liked the hard wood floors instead of all carpet.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Mucho cluck for the buck!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave to reheat food or mini-fridge for drinks.

Great location adjacent to freeway. Plenty of food and shopping options within minutes. Plenty of parking options for larger vehicles.

Nice place to stay and sleep
    • Superior King Room

Only thing was that the pillows in the room were so terrible I actually went out and bought a new one to use. Also there are 2 separate sections of this hotel however there is only one ice machine and it's beside the main lobby.

The room was nicely decorated with laminated flooring. Location is perfect for everything.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Rough start made better.
    • Superior King Room

Weather and my choice if food at the mall but nothing they could control!

The staff was so friendly and understanding.I have ms and was there for a dr apt. The first floor room was so much easier for me.i left sick, thinking it was food poisoning, I know I made no sense but they were concerned.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Check the Buffalo Bills schedule
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

smallest room I have ever stayed in. no amenities Large tailgate style party evening before Bills Game. Kept us up until 3am. Because of this, not worth it.

Renovated Rooms Clean nice large bed wifi

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Nice price, but no service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not cleaned at all during my stay. Despite leaving a $5 tip each day just in case an attendant visited or straightened the room. It was never taken, so I'm sure nothing was done for the time of our stay.

The location was acceptable.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Over all our stay was enjoyable.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Saturday night crowd was very noisy and went on from 11pm to well after 1am in the morning. Front desk was told at check out, an apology was provided and they were still trying to determine which room it was. Didn't appreciated that our stay which was booked through Booking.com didn't earn us any Red Roof points - not a good way to reward us for our loyalty.

Out of the way quiet location. Very little noise from the interstate highway.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very excellent place to stay. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Would recomend to friends and fam
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had a handicapped person with us and we were on second floor. No elevator.

Easy to find. Directions right on point. Access to lobby and free coffee with a newspaper too. Later checkout time meant more sleep as we got to room very late.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

for an overnight stay before a morning flight, this hotel and location are excellent
    • Superior King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

would have been nice to have a table and 2 chairs in the room so my wife and i could eat our ordered out dinner together, but we managed.

off the main road...very quiet and comfortable. close to the airport where i dropped my wife off the next morning for a flight. girl working front desk very helpful, professional, and pretty. she advised me on where i could order dinner to be delivered which was excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Good location, nice staff
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

Pillows are Horrible Hurt my neck & back Whatever Days Inn is using, get those pillows!

Good location, nice staff, comfy bed. HARD pillows were Horrible!!! Woke up with sore neck & back! Upgrade pillows ans you'll have a first class hotel! Thanks

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

ok

too noise

convenient

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Room was clean and bedding smelt fresh good stay would do it...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was a bit smaller than most but again it's a budget hotel

Room was clean and bedding smelt fresh good stay would do it again before a flight

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

It’s still a red roof but for basic amenities and a place to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It’s still a red roof but for basic amenities and a place to stay when you can’t beat it for the price.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great hotel for girls nite shopping
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Loved the staff very friendly was able to check in early and gave us a ground floor room without any issues!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

My friend and I came to run a race. We found the hotel and surrounding area spectacular.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I could have used more shampoo and soap in the room.

The bed was extremely clean and comfortable. And the staff were very friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Cleanliness.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

Location.no gas stations or stores around.

Cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Ideal for the airport and an early morning flight.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ideal for the airport and an early morning flight. Comfy

Don't go without a car.
    • Superior King Room - Disability Access

Awful pillows--very hard. No restaurant nearby, no breakfast. Noisy from unknown sounds.

Clean and roomy

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great customer service. Also kind enough to print directions to New Era Field.

Nice and clean.

Nice and clean. Comfortable bed and pillows. Well kept. Would stay there again

Love it, convenient to local restaurants

Awesome

Staff was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was good. Probably need more help at front desk, there was a slight delay in checking in. Room was clean and in good conditions.