Reviews of 3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club 3 stars

931 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA

#14 of 56 hotels in South Lake Tahoe

Centrally located between the Lake and Heavenly village —each a short walk away. Hotel is located on a quiet street and the room was recently renovated

Very little insulation between the floor and between walls you can hear everything people do and talk Also pool and yacuzzi need repair..

The location is excellent

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The reception desk wasn't what I would call helpful or informative. And when we walked to the beach area nearby - it was fenced off and charging an admission.

The beds were comfortable and the room was nice. Amenities are worth it, really enjoyed the pool and the large hot tub. It's in a good location. I would stay here again.

We arrived a little after 11pm and had to call a sister property to walk us through getting our keys. We weren't able to open our lock box and therefor didn't get a map with WiFi code. Our phone didn't work and so we didn't get WiFi until next morning. Also, someone tried to enter our room at 7 in the morning! Overall, it was an okay stay for a short night. It's a budget hotel and you get what you pay for.

The location was easy to find and close to a lot of things. The jacuzzi looked inviting!

There wasn't a comfortable place in the room to sit. The chairs in the room were so rickety we weren't sure they would survive our stay, but they did.

good place to stay with your doggy

We had to carry our luggage up to the second floor, which was difficult for a man with a new hip and a woman with arthritic ankles. The room did not have a table to use for my computer, which I had to use. There was only one chair.

The location was great for a tour around Lake Tahoe.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Even after requesting early check-in (2 hours) and really slack season, they did not keep the room ready for early check-in.

They upgraded us to an apartment. It was awesome.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

i didnt like that they had to put an additional hold on my credit card rather than just having my card on file. I have stayed here before and they never charged me for my dogs and i got charged this time of 59 dollars.

i liked that they allow dogs at this property, but they are outrageously high. the townhouses are nice

• King Room with Fireplace

The new staff is so rude. We have stayed there 6 or 7 times before but they have new people working in the office who have no people skills at all. So unocomodating and rigid. Please hire new office help. They also walked right in our room without knocking at 10 am. when 11am is checkout, no apolgies.... who does that?

the location is awesome, walking distance from everything. Hot tub is fantastic and super clean pet friendly rooms.

The toilet was a bit dirty.

The view from our room was amazing, and the location is great as it closes to lake, restaurants, heavenly resort, and others.

That our stay there had to come to an end.

We were there for 2 days. For us it turned out to be a perfect time. It had the soothing ambiance of comfort and familiarity needed after a stressful, hectic day.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

No one cleaned our room, came back to the mess. Couldn't call the front desk (he said it was down) and told us he couldn't help us. If we weren't happy to call the manager -who is out of town until Monday! Next day housekeeping came at 11am and when I asked if she could come back in 15 minutes she said no so we ran out just so we could stay in a clean room! Bad business 3peaks!

The hot tub was nice

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Our room was not ready at check in time I was distracted because we drove 5 hours and I wanted to get the room ASAP at check in time I was tired

That there was a stove microwave in the room ITV was cozy

Love that the place is dog friendly. Travelling with a pet is always a task, but the location and walking distance to resorts allows us to check in with our pet! Clean, spacious, and hot tub is clean!!

There is never enough parking at this property. Could not get printed check out receipt. I was always able to get one before.

Rooms were very clean. Coffee and tea assortment was good. Always dogs to meet if you are missing yours that is at home.

The noise from neighboring rooms (upstairs, really) was quite noticeable. But the most disappointing thing was not being permitted to check out a bit late. We phoned the front desk and said that because we were traveling with an infant, we were a little behind and would like to check out after the 11am deadline. We were told, "Sure, for $100. you can check out at noon!" Oh, thanks so much - we could stay another whole day/night for our $53. dollar rate, but you want to ding us a hundred bucks to check out an hour later?!

The price and the location were excellent. I say location because of extremely close access to Heavenly.

• King Room with Fireplace

They were not helpful or accommodating in any way even after I emailed well in advance asking for early check in. They could have saved me a whole lot of trouble AND money by just being honest with me.

• Two-Bedroom Townhouse

There is no staff at this hotel at night. We had a huge leak coming from above us but unfortunately there is nobody here to help. We called the security line and was on hold for 45 minutes and nobody ever answered. We couldn’t use the lights in the kitchen or in one of the bedrooms because the water pouring through the sockets and fixtures. No showeres because we had to use all the towels to clean up the leaks. No sleep because dripping water everywhere. This place is a joke.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Terrible coffee; pillows in king suite were too hard.

The space was great, loved the fireplace and tub. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchenette was stocked well with dishes and pans. Wonderfully hot water!!

• King Studio

Spacious room, hotel is close to heavenly village, and restaurants. Cozy and comfortable bed. There is also a private beach 5 mins away walking distance. Hotel has Close parking. Showers were really warm, made it nice for snowy days!

They WILL NOT let you cancel. You can reschedule once and then after that they will charge you even if you can’t go. Such a wasted trip that could’ve been but life happens and you can’t always make the exact date and time. Unfortunate.

It seemed like it would have been a cool place to stay.

Staff was very helpful. We accidentally booked the wrong weekend but they still accommodated us. Weird trip at first as they gave us the key to the wrong room as we did a late check in, but staff was very helpful working it out the next morning.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Love the convenience to the Heavenly Gondola. We walked there with our ski boots on each morning. No need to pay for parking by the Gondola. There is usually coffee in the lobby and there is a coffee machine in the room.

Microwave and dvd player would have been nice and bathroom was a little small. But honestly that wasn't a big issue.

Spacious and roomy even for our little fur babies. Balcony was nice. Very comfortable and cozy.

I did not like how staff wasn't there too check out, so I just left.

Everything but the pillows, I know everyone has their own opinion and likes but the pillows left me with a sore neck in the morning.

Room's heating system was broken.. had space heater. No big deal, except it was the same room we rented last fall... and the heating system was broken then. TV didn't work well. Morning shower and the shower water controller would not turn off. Handle broke, with full force of water coming out. Feared tub would overflow. Tried calling the office... no one there until 7.. it was 6 am. No emergency contact. Husband finally used a kitchen knife and turned the water down a little. Still running. Told the office staff about it when we checked out, and they did not seem too concerned. A bad experience for us at a place we have gone to for years.

The location is wonderful. Have stayed here many times. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable, mostly. Great pool (summer) and hot tub (year round).

• King Room with Fireplace

We rented a room with a fireplace in it and when we tried to have a fire it filled the entire room with smoke the smoke detector kept going off. We had to sit with doors and window open to try and get the smoke out the room. It was a waste of money to get a room with fireplace. We told the front desk and they said they would have someone look at it, but were leaving so we asked for a discount since we paid extra for a fireplace that we couldn't use. She didn't say anything and just charged my card the full amount. We will stay again but will not waste the money on a fireplace.

Location is great to get to the casinos and skiing. It was a clean room.

I left something behind and was sent the wrong shoes on accident (I had to pay the fee to get it sent over) then I called back and Sam was a huge help. She even sent my original shoes that I left behind for free!

• Two-Bedroom Townhouse

I arrived at 5pm for a 4pm check in and still had to wait 30 minutes for my room to be ready with two tired kids and a wife that had been in the car for 5 hours. Staff just didn't really seem to care, and the general service for our stay was not up to what i have received at other hotels

I liked the room and the location. The room was a full featured apartment with kitchen and bathroom. It was clean and comfortable.

• Two-Bedroom Townhouse

Was told I was being upgraded to their 5 bedroom cabin. Cabin is in bad shape, floor is tore up and needs repair, furniture is breaking down, lose slate tiles in bathroom. Unless you have the people in need five bedrooms don’t take the upgrade the two bedrooms are in much better shape

Short walk to restaurants and casinos

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking on premises is scarce. I was instructed to park in a handicapped spot upon arriving. There's no reception during the night, which was fine, but there's no emergency phone contact, which wasn't fine. The phone is answered after hours by an operator who is not associated with the hotel and can't help with any problems with the rooms. Upon checking in to the room I found one of the windows widely open. The room was freezing and the heating wouldn't kick in for some time and the phone operator was of absolutely no help. Overall, the room is pretty cold, despite having an AC in every room and a fireplace in the living room. The room is equipped with a kitchenette and with utensils, but absolutely no dishes, pans or pots.

The room is nicely decorated and very spacious. Heavenly Gondola is within walking distance.

The toilet seemed loose, like it needed more cement on the bottom. Please fix it (room123). It was ok for a skinny guy like me but imagine a 200 pound person sitting on it...

Yes, he bed is like cloud. I love it.

There is absolutely nothing this hotel could do better.

This is my 4th time staying at 3 Peaks. From check-in process to standard of accommodation to check-out the entire hotel experience consistently exceeds my very high standards and expectations Front desk staff is professional, kind, expertise for Concierge requests. The room is spacious, clean, cozy, comfortable, well maintained, tastefully decorated. Location is superb, walking distance to Heavenly shopping village, Raley's grocery store, many restaurant options, casinos, and very short walk to Lake Tahoe beach. Despite central location, it is well off the main drag so very tranquil. There is a reason this hotel posts No Vacancy well before the other hotels. Word of mouth is out, this is one of the best hotels at a very affordable and reasonable rate.

A breakfast in the morning would’ve been nice.

The king size bed was extremely comfortable. The room was spacious and in the fireplace in Tahoe it’s always a bonus. Parked the car for three days never having to start at once. Walk to the ski lift , restaurants and casinos

Noise from the room upstairs was v loud. The air-conditioning/heat was very loud as well and intermittent so would wake you. The cleaning staff weren't terribly friendly.

Very comfortably bed and great location. Lovely front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Noisy and creaky -- you can hear guests walking above you. Walls are thin. Hot tub could be just a little bit hotter.

Comfy bed, recently renovated rooms, good wifi, perfect location.

Nothing, it was great value for money and the staff were very helpful

That was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in, and I have travelled quite a bit. Even better than mine at home

• King Suite with Pool View

When the neighbouring room turns on the water for the jacuzzi tub we can hear it. It's pretty loud

We had room 203 which was the king suite with pool view and it's an amazing room. Jacuzzi tub and waterfall shower it was a great stay.

• King Studio

Even though we checked the box for one pet upon registration through booking it was not included in the rate We were quoted When we arrived we were told there would be an up charge of $30.00 per night per pet Then we were told they needed a $350.00 deposit to insure that you didn’t leave your pet unattended in the room To add insult to injury we walked down to the lake to visit the beach front Only to find that dogs were not aloud on the beach at all, even on a leash

The pillows were very firm. The tile floor near the door would turn into an ice cold wake-up call when you walked on it. Even though they're 'pet friendly,' they don't want you to leave your pets in the room unattended.

The rooms were newly renovated. Tasteful decorations. Friendly staff. Hot tub and pool. Convenient to food, shops, and casinos.

Nothing! Everything was great!!

WOW! For such a reasonable price, I didn't expect this hotel to be as amazing as it was but it completely exceeded my expectations! We somehow got upgraded to a jr. suite, which was awesome. The decor was so cute and there had been many updates. The grounds were kept very clean, the location to restaurants, Heavenly, and the beach are so close, and (as you might already know) the whole hotel is dog-friendly! I'm so impressed with this hotel and will definitely stay here again anytime I visit Lake Tahoe.

The location was superb, close to hiking, the lake, restaurants, activities...A TRULY great value. Loved having a kitchen to be able to stick to our budget for a two week trip! Great coffee too!

Some minor maintenance upkeep would go a long way. Paint touch ups and fixing loose baseboards would improve the look of the place.

The bed was comfortable. The bathroom and sheets were clean.

Everything was very good

Upscale motel in location ion close to town center. Well-sized room (got upgraded to poolside) with Jacuzzi in the room, in addition to spacious bathroom.

Thin walls but not a big deal.

We had to evac from Sonoma fires. This was a welcome breath of fresh air. A safe haven we needed for couple days before going back in. Loved finding live music all times of day, loved friendly staff and food at the loft. Found great eats and drinks all walking distance. As well as the lake. So restorative for us and our pup.

The decor was hodgepodge and should/could have been quaint or rustic, something to mirror the beautiful surroundings. Yes,that does matter, no matter how much is spent on accommodations. And the plumbing- yikes!! The bathrooms are not next to each other so we were jolted at 10 P.M. and then again at 5 A.M. by the rattling noise next door.

The linens were very comfortable. The towels were fine.

Construction noise made the room uncomfortable during the day. The walls were thin, so we could hear the people next door clearly. The heating unit was difficult to access and operate which made the room unpleasantly cold at night.

The staff person was very friendly at check-in. The room had just been renovated. The place is dog-friendly, which is great (although we didn't bring a dog).

You can ear a bit the neighbours

Good sized room. The bed is amazing! It's not the most quiet motel I have ever seen but it's still ok. I would recommend to eat at Sprout one evening if you like vegetarian food.

• King Studio

The room is pretty good, except the facilities inside are a little bit old. It's close to the public beach so you can walk there within 10 min. I really like the experience here.

• Two-Bedroom Townhouse

Multiple shortcomings, e.g. ceiling fans, bathroom lights and vents, and fireplace did not function. Marketing of place indicated walk out of resort onto private beach...resort was not beach front - several blocks away, and the beach is public. This resort was clean and comfortable, but misrepresented and too expensive...not a good value.

Clean room with comfortable beds

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Friday & Saturday night pricing tend to be higher than value you get. Microwave should be standard, Not an additional charge.

Bed super comfortable, like new room decor. Location & comfort of room are reasons keep coming back. Evening staff this time was extra friendly & helpful

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed on the first floor, people above us were noisy. Not enough padding on the carpet to muffle the noise. People walked for over 2 hrs. kept us awake since 5:30 a.m.

Room was good, spacious.

• King Studio

Ceiling fan was not attached secure, the smoke alarm went off when we would heat up the oven often, the room needs some deeper cleaning attention but the daily maid service took good care of us. The fridgerator was noisy at night, and they really need some softer pillows, we ended up sleeping on towels inside a pillow case to prevent neck problems the next morning.

Our stay was pleasant, bed was nice, shower was amazing, staff was great! Loved the hot tub! Our fireplace was great (with a presto log) once we figured out how to open the flue... it was quite smoky for awhile. The kitchen was stocked simple but ample, we donated our wine glasses. It could use some updates and tlc, but overall we were comfortable.

It is the older property with somewhat worn kitchenette and sink cabinets. The cleaning team needs to pay attention to small details. In general room was clean, but had some spider webs; the stairs to the second level had some garbage for 3 days we were there.

We had a room with comfortable king size bed, shared balcony, and small kitchenette area with refrigerator, coffeemaker and microwave, small table with two chairs. Tea and coffee all day long at the main lobby. Hotel is dog friendly; this was a big plus for us on this trip.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't get the type of room that I booked. What we got was not as good. Most frustrating was the front desk persons attitude. Basically it was "too bad, so sad". They blamed booking.com. I'm not so so sure that it was a booking.com problem. I will think twice before booking this hotel again.

A little loud at bedtime. Not a deal breaker.

Friendly and helpful staff. Very convenient location. Clean room with recent updates. Very tasteful decorating. Great value.

• King Studio

Floor was covered with broken glass when I arrived. I'm lucky I didn't get my feet cut. No air conditioning in room for the hottest weekend of the year.

N/a

Parking was offered on site but there was none available. The room was quite small. And we could hear everything in the adjacent room.

The bed was comfy. The shower was very nice. The towels were fantastic. Access to a Lake Tahoe beach was included.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It turns out that Park Ave. is a pretty busy street. There was a lot of traffic noise from the room.

The beds were amazing - so comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

it was great would have given all 10's but the AC in the living room was out of service and missing the cover exposing all the wires.

Everything .. it was a a great location

Terrible faucet leak in the tub. Looks like a major repair ahead. It's a small room and there is a table in the middle with 2 fairly large chairs which makes it cramped. But everything can be moved.

Location, microwave, refridge, kitchen area, big screen tv, nice bed. Easy to lock up the bikes.

Very fragrant smell of air freshener in the room, too strong of a smell especially for someone with allergies. Sink was very slow to drain. Floor of spa was flakey, needs to be resurfaced.

Excellent and helpful staff, very nice place.

No microwave front desk didn't tell us. We are first time in the hotel they should give good feed back to all customer checking in. We go out for dinner and when we come back to hotel at 9pm we can't find parking we go round and round 6x. My partner like the place we plan to come back again.

We like the small area to seat out side from our room

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

a little shabby around the edges. Could have used a deep cleaning = some red stuff on the inner pull curtains (hopefully pasta sauce and not smashed bugs). Carpet needs replacing. Kitchen could use more thorough cleaning

great bed! very comfy. Decent kitchen. 2 big screen TVs - awesome

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Greatly overpriced. Small bathroom counter. Maid service disastrously slow. The place was admittedly short of help. Why? Not paid enough? I had to drag a few favors from staff to obtain the knowledge about a Verizon store, its hours of operation, and a map for it to be printed. I had to sign my life away on a form filled with fine print regarding multiple possible monetary penalties if anything were broken, etc., etc. ad infinitum.It also specified that parking was not guaranteed!!! It was a unique experience.I have NEVER been exposed to something like this by any other hotel, motel, etc. I would not recommend this facility to my worst enemy.

Stayed there last night. Had a problem with this site - they let us book the room that didn't have a place for our 7-yo to sleep. So we asked front desk to help us out after we checked in and discovered that. She said she couldn't, and she told us to talk to manager in the morning. When asked if we could get refunded that answer was the same - manager in the morning. When I asked if she could contact manager and ask her right there and then, she said she couldn't, again. So I asked if she has a way of contacting manager until next morning and she lied she does not. We ended up staying, and next morning I asked manager if the clerk last night had a way to contact her, and she confirmed that she most certainly had, and that she chose not to. I know what I'd respond to this if I'd be the hotel's CSR, that the room was marked as a 2-person room on this site, and it's my responsibility to notice that. However, my issue is the attitude of the clerk toward solving customer's issue, that of indifference and lying to my face instead of picking up a phone and at least trying to resolve the issue.

Clean room.

I had a great experience with staff except for one, whom I observed get irritated with an elderly man whom could not hear/understand her properly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location easy to walk to shopping, food, etc. Beds were incredibly comfortable. Very little outside noise. It was nice to have the beach only a 2 block easy walk away.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I realize improving a property takes a big dumpster taking up a lot of parking spaces, so parking was a bit of a challenge. I think the room we stayed in will be the next remodel with the door catching on the floor in the bathroom. Kind of weird that they advertize as a pet friendly place, but you can't leave pets to go out to dinner.

The feather bed was amazing to sleep on.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didn't stay long - only one night- so we didn't have a chance to take advantage of the extra perks on the resort.

We came up quite late (1:00an) due to road closures. There wasn't anyone locally on duty but they did have a contact that that gave you a code to obtain your keys! It worked out well.

No elevators or lifts...would have been nice to know the room was on the 3rd floor ahead of time, might have booked a different room.

Within walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, and touristy shopping; within short driving distance to beaches. Landscape was clean and well manicured, staff was friendly and courteous. And...pet friendly!!!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Cleanliness in room was very poor. Dirty carpets, pee smell in room (probably from pets), stains in sofa bed mattress, blanket for sofa bed had holes in it, all doors in room extremely dirty.

Room was spacious Pool area was enjoyable

• King Studio

There was a blue light on the Air Conditioner that was so bright it kept us awake. The refrigerator was also running constantly and it was empty which made it noisy.

It was clean and great walking distance to the casinos and shopping.

The parking

From the moment you walked in lobby and checked in you new the staff took pride in delivering a good clean friendly establishment. The parking was a little tough to find a space but as soon as I put my key in and opened the door all was forgotten clean spacious room fresh smelling it was worth every penny I highly recommend

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Cable tv was unreliable and bathroom needs an upgrade!

Comfortable bed which is very important to us! Big balcony and decent kitchen area. Main reason we stayed here is location close to lake and music venue! Also dog friendly with plenty of places to walk her close by.