Reviews of Clarion Inn & Suites Universal Studios Area 3 stars

5829 Grand National Drive , Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#145 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

I found the bed a little uncomfortable and the coffee shop closed early but had a sign outside saying it closed an hour later. The bar staff wouldn’t accommodate a request for coffee... it was only 8pm.

The location was great. The staff were mainly helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well maintained.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed were too hard.everything else was good.

Coffee shop,lobby was nice,have two mini refrigerators in room was good .like the fact that they two bedrooms.love the fact that it was near volcano bay.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

One staff member said I kept requesting towels when I never even asked for towels. We had just checked in the day before. She had me confused with another guest but all she had to do was check the room number.

The room looks nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing, everything was perfect.

The room is really nice decorated, and i felt comfortable right away. Everything was clean. Although there is the highway nextdoor it´s not that loud. The pool area was really nice aswell.

• King Room - Poolside

I did not like the fact that the bed was very uncomfortable. For its price it could have been better.

I like it that there was a pool and the presentation of the room.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is different from what we saw in the pictures. Not too bright.

The location is pretty good. You can take a free shuttle to universal studio and it didn't take too long to get there. The room is so big and includes another living room.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Many things unsatisfied. 1. The housekeeping service was terrible. The hotel does not hire housekeepers who speak English. Every time they knocked the door and I told them to come later, they did not understand and just opened the door. One day I put my ipad in the bed and went out. When we came back, the bed remained unorganized and there was a notes saying if there were personal belongings in the bed, they would not clean the bed. What a ridiculous policy! 2. We were planning to check out later since the hotel indicated they had late check out service. Then the front desk lady just kept making calls to urge us very impatiently. I told her we wanted for late check out but she said NO. Why? she said usually we could but today the hotel was fully booked? This reason does not make any sense at all! 3. The room is very small.

The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Everyone does not eat the food that was attacked to that hotel! And of Course, Breakfast was out of the question! We woke up just about every morning having to go out to grab something to eat for Breakfast! Also, there are No Microwaves in the rooms !!! Not good for where the location of the hotel is... Also, there are No Elevators!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise in ground floor and window open to the aisle. Then, people walking around can see inside the room if courtines are open, which makes the room dark.

Rooms in ground floor are very noisy

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

My family and I had a wonderful time, the room was exceptionally clean and housekeeping was wonderful and accommodating, the location was perfect. We were able to walk to the outlet and other attractions. The kids and I were in the pool and hot tub every day! We loved staying at Clarion!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool area was closed early for a private party. We should have been.told about it by the registration personel, and management should have placed signs up.As a paying customers we were looking foward to relaxing in the pool and Jacuzzi

Clean, neat instalation , very friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

I didn’t like the $448 hold the hotel put on my card without notifiying me of the hold

I like the size of the room. On the site picture it only showed a room but when I got to the hotel I was actually surprised it had a separate room just to relax that part was nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had to move 4 times during our 7 day stay at this location. The management didn't speak english. Their idea of an upgraded room was by the pool which turned out to have a water leak and 4" of standing water in the light fixture on the ceiling in the bathroom. Maintenance told us we had to move to yet another room! The rooms smelled of mold, smoke and had damp floors. The 4th room had a gap in the front door which kept the room nice and muggy the entire time especially since the ac was barely functioning! Housekeeping put dirty sheets and bedspread on bed one day. They closed the pool early before 8pm when it was supposed to be open until 11. We cut our feet on the floor tack boards from the carpeting. The hotel management is not willing to make a fair resolution to the miserable stay we had at this location! THE ACCOMODATIONS AT THIS HOTEL RUINED OUR VACATION! People next door to us after 3rd move had to be moved because of an infestation of cockroaches in the rooms near the kitchen! DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL NO MATTER THE SAVINGS...ITS NOT WORTH THE MISERY!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cons: The toilet in the room was unsteady. There is no microwave in the room, you have to go to the lobby. But only hours available to use the microwave is 7am - 8pm.

Pros: The hotel is in a prime location, close to many restaurants and right next to Universal Studios and Outlet Mall. The room was clean and tidy. Plenty of parking space. Pool and hot tub area was clean and tidy also. Staff is friendly and always available.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We've been to Orlando for 5 nights during our wedding trip with my husband. Clarion Inn & Suites was chosen as one of the closest to the parks and not very expensive hotel. We were totally satisfied with our stay. On our arrival we were granted with the room of higher quality than we have booked - just because we were on honeymoon. The room was very spacious with huge and very convenient bed. The douche was also very big with tropical shower (very cool). There were 4 basins and we liked that as far as we could make morning procedures simultaneously with my husband) Outside was a nice pool with towels provided onsite. Usually a couple of ducks was also swimming there with the guests)) The road to Universal on foot takes about 15 minutes, to Disney - 20-30 minutes on taxi. Check-in and check-out - very fast and convenient. Thank you for a great service!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1. This hotel is connected to a 'strong Indian' restaurant and the waiting room for the restaurant is also the hotel lobby so the lobby was filled with kids running everywhere, families amok, it was mass chaos, poor customer service, it was a mess. 2. I went with this hotel specifically because they stated they had shuttles that ran to the parks however, they had such limited times that the shuttles ran we still had to drive our rental car to Disney causing us to still pay the daily fee (unacceptable) and we had to walk to the over 3miles walk to Universal and when it rained we had to walk back to our hotel. 3. Our room was so far away from where we parked on the second floor with no elevators and we were right next to smokers it was like a smoke house. 4. When I went to share my dismay with the hotel staff they said I already prepaid and could not get a refund.

Rooms were decent.

Food could be better

The rooms were clean, spacious and swanky. Loved the style. The staff were helpful and friendly. The pool is a bit tired but clean. Loved it!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The bed was terribly uncomfortable, the pool had garbage around the water and bar wasn’t open when we where there around 6pm.

The room and lobby where pretty

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy, room next to the air conditioner and fridge for the restaurant so hardly got any sleep. When mentioned to staff they weren’t interested and unhelpful. Don’t stay here for more than a couple of nights if you want to sleep.

Good location for universal and outlet mall

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The color of the room doors, the hallways and the room itself. Could have been a little more cheerful

The location - it is really close to the Universal theme parks

No microwave in the room

The staff were exceptional, they were very helpful. Rooms were clean and well maintained. 5 minutes away from universal studios.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hot tub wasn't hot. It wasn't even warm. The WiFi only connected the first night and not after that. We tried on multiple different devices with no luck.

It was really close to Universal and you could buy tickets from the hotel. The room was clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

I absolutely hated the air conditioning. The AC unit is mounted low, and is very noisy. Even at its lowest setting the fan speed is high (and noisy). It was very difficult to sleep with ac on... Also I did not like that the shower head is fixed to the wall (again this is usual in the US) as it makes the sower use very difficult (if you are used to what we have in Europe).

This is a typical inn you can find throughout the US. Hotel has its private (free) parking and is really close to the Universal theme park. Pool are is nice and clean. Staff is ok, nice enough.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We can hear the people from the other room. The sink was dirty when we checked in.

The manager was very nice. We had a problem checking in with our cards and he was more than helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I chose this hotel because it's right next to highway. I didn't realize the buildings are 2-story buildings so at night the noise from ongoing traffic was very loud. Couldn't sleep

Rooms are as described and photos are as well. Small bathrooms

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Way to noisy as it is on a main Rd and next to the motorway. It didnt help that road works were being done in the early hours of the morning, so it was hard to sleep.

Good calue for money and relatively new

• King Room - Poolside

Smoky room! Shuttle guy not too friendly!

The staff was very awesome! Thank were quick to help when we got a room upon arrival that smelled like cigarettes. It was clean, but whomever had it before did smoke in it. Regardless of it saying not too. My daughter has asthma and they moved us immediately. Awesome! We will stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Look at what did I like nothing

The rooms are small the beds frames are too big when you walk in you hit your knee off the frame more than once not just me there was 14 of us staying at this hotel. The restaurant at this hotel that is owned by this hotel the food and service was horrible The manager in the restaurant did not care about our complaint and they try to put a 20% Tip on a two top tabl The manager in the restaurant did not care about our complaint The server took half of the tables ordered put it in then came back and took the other half so the first half got their food and by the time the other half got there food the first half was done eating Since the manager in the restaurant did not care we spoke to the front desk who said that the General manager would contact us in the morning And he never did on check out the lady at the front desk wanted me to sign for three rooms that we paid for without looking at the bill I had to tell her I don’t sign anything until I read what I’m signing and she kept insisting that I signed I had to tell her I don’t sign anything until I read what I’m signing and she kept insisting that I sign of course I waited until I read every page There are nicer hotels close by to this hotel I recommend you stay clear

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No microwave in the rooms. Check in took about 30 minuets and the clerk was extremely rude. The room looked nothing like the pictures and the entire property was littered with restaurant equipment. The cafe’s food looked old and the Indian restaurant’s food was mediocre at best. Neither of us could bring ourselves to finish our food, which left me feeling sick the whole night.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Limited parking. Late at night you have to park away from your room

Staff was pleasant and professional The rooms and linens were clean and smelled clean

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Smell in room due to recent renovations. Pillows were to small (half the size of regular pillows).

Great location to many places in Orlando. Hotel seemed recently renovated.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It is like a motel versus a hotel. 2 levels with no elevator. Ypu have to carry your own luggage up 2 flights of stairs. The room air conditioner was on the floor next to the bed and blew right on you, so it would get a little cold. No microwave. The walls were pretty thin. Nothing that would keep me from.coming back, though.

Rooms were just like the pictures. It was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. Less than a mile to Universal. Complimentary shuttle was great, arrived on time. Ample parking. Would definitely stay again!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed was uncomfortable! My husband and I both woke up with back pain. Parking was difficult because no one knows how to park and there were not many spots to choose from. Floors need to be steam cleaned more often!!!

Decor and furniture were nice, pillows were great!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillows were uncomfortable, and no microwave in room. Also, l got locked out of my room before my checkout date. The front desk handled it, but the worker wasn't friendly.

The lobby is beautiful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beware: The corners of the bed frames are pointy. After 3 painful bumps, we draped a folded hand over the corner of each bed frame and tucked it in under the mattress to avoid further pain. Beware: the yellow cab from the airport costs about three times as much as an Uber. Set up your app and learn to use it before you get to Orlando. One guest paid $60 to a yellow cab for transport from the airport to hotel. Other guests paid $22 for Uber transport. Also, when we wanted to travel back and forth to Universal without waiting for the free shuttle, Uber cost less than $7.

When I arrived, I had an injured shoulder. Since I arrived before check-in time, I asked about luggage storage, and the manager offered to let me check into my room early. They also had a man help take my suitcases to my room. The manager also helped me understand how to use the shuttle service to Universal that is included with the hotel reservation. We were there during a slow part of the season and had no trouble getting tickets for the shuttle at a time that worked well for us. On the day that we checked out, we stored luggage in a closet by the front desk while we went to the parks and before we went to the airport. The manager was very helpful again. The pool area was pleasant for relaxing.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fan in bathroom was noisy

Very close to universal, shuttle service as well. Restaurant was fantastic if you like that kind of food. Good overall stay for the money

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

Thin walls. Next door guest was yelling and screaming with other people and on phone until 4 in the morning. Should have called in a noise complaint in retrospect.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the breakfast at the little cafe in the main building was below expectations. My girlfriend's bagel she ordered was not fresh, the space was cramped, and the coffee was not good. We ended up having a better, albeit more expensive, breakfast elsewhere. Also we did not like the daily flyers for restaurants slid in our door. It made us feel like we were living in someone's apartment and not a hotel. We are on vacation! Why remind us of the stresses of home?

I liked walking up to the front desk at 9 am and being told a room was available when I was expecting it to be ready around 3 pm. That was excellent!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom was small but nice

Not that we used the restaurant and bar, but it was nice to know they had those accomadations. Very clean rooms. Very happy with our stay and the price

One of the rooms was not ready until after 5pm.

We had a suite and another room. The staff was able to accommodate us and have them next to one another.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Outdoor patio areas were very basic. Furniture needed updating and landscapin could be improved.

Rooms were updated and clean. Lobby was beautiful. Included a bar area and deli

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was super friendly and helpful. As other travelers posted the blankets were very thin more like a sheet. I saw signs of either current or previous bed bugs on the mattress(no box springs- platform bedframe) I am thinking current because I found blood smear on the sheets the last morning of the trip around my husbands leg. The room has been updated but not qood quality work the towel ring kept falling off the wall and the shower fixtures are loose and unfinished. I recommend checking the room before unpacking-keep your luggage on rack provided. It is a convenient location but do not advise walking to Universal if you have younger children.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One of a towels was yellowish, dirty and old.

The room itself, the backyard of the hotel. I was targeted international outlet and it was just on the other side of a road

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My room was facing a loud highway.

The room was very clean and well decorated. The pool area and hot tub was nice, but it would be better without the ugly white fence around us.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Couldn't work out how to use the coffee machine. Wifi could not be accessed at night, seams like the system cannot handle the volume of people logged on.

Staff very helpfull, great location. Laundry facilities very good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

I thought the description of $7 breakfast was going to be a buffet style when in reality it wasn't , it was like I could get a breakfast starting at $7 which is fine it was just something I misinterpreted by the wording

they were accommodating in changing my check in check out date with little notice. The staff was helpful with any question, and the shuttle to and from Universal was so easy to use.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had something stolen from my room. I didn’t realize it until we were leaving and I didn’t have time or want to deal with it. We had drinks at the bar. That was good, but my partner got dinner and it was outrageously expensive.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Clean, well located, excellent staff. On site cafe and restraunt were excellent. Shuttle to Universal free or close enough to walk. Pool, Jacuzzi and gym all free. What a great find!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This hotels pictures look great but it's an older hotel they slapped a coat of paint on. They had to move me from my original room because the wifi didn't work. I left a drink In The room I need for my autistic son which they immediately threw away. The room they moved me to had black mold in the toilet, someone's hair tie was in the bathroom, and there was candy on the floor, and the internet didn't work there either. In the morning when I spoke to the manager she told me there was nothing to be done because I booked through a third party. It doesn't matter who you book through you still received my money and did not hold up to what your hotel offered I was very disappointed I missed single mother and saved up for this trip for my children

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle to Disney goes only twice per day. We used it in mid day and after an hour delayed, we took a taxi. When we went back it was again almost an hour delayed. In the room there are only 3 lamps there is any ceiling light so at night it was a bit dark. Also last 2 evenings we have problem with wifi. It practially didnt work at all.

The room was modern and spacious. We love the style. 15-18 minutes walking to Universal. Its also close to Premium shopping center - 5 minutes by car.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was very cozy and beds were comfortable. It was in a great location, close to the Disney parks and universal parks. Great value for money, would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

There isn't anything bad to say. We were very pleased staying here.

This was a great place to stay. It's very close to Universal Studios, which is what we loved about the location. The rooms were a perfect size, very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly and made checking in and out a breeze. We'll be back for sure!!

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No water pressure while showering our whole stay. Toilet ran often and I had to fiddle with it. Beds were a little too firm for our liking.

Nice staff. Clean rooms. Close to universal studios. Shittle service to the park was nice. The lottle cafe was a bit pricy but good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were very firm. Otherwise, I had no complaints.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was a 15-20 minute walk from Universal. The cleaning staff even placed my kids' stuffed animals neatly back on the bed after cleaning, so the kids felt like the animals were waiting for them when they returned from a long day at the park. We had a problem with the first room, broken toilet flusher, which the staff quickly resolved by contacting maintenance and moving us to a different room without hesitation.

• King Room - Poolside

Not enough staff to make breakfast Thought it had complimentary breakfast too. Shuttle was booked on most days and required a pass, but many people didn’t follow rules but still were let on bus. Not a fan of inidian cuisine, should have more choices if want people to eat at hotel.

Nice room, clean and roomy.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Could be quite noisy with other guests and cleaners dragging trolleys past the rooms all the time but can cope with that.

The property had lovely rooms very clean and great renovations to the whole place. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel that is amazing. Location of the property is fantastic! Just over the road from universal and short walk to the outlet stores. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower curtain had a horrible smell which you can smell out of the bathroom. There was no microwave in the room, it would of been nice to heat up left over food instead of throwing it out.

I enjoyed the food at Tabla and Roast Cafe. The beds were clean and firm just like I like it. The room was spacious enough for me, my and nephew. The hotel was very close to Universal Studios and provided shuttles to and from.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shuttle was terrible. We ended up using Uber, or walking after the first day. It was almost 45 minutes late, and then made 2 more stops, pushing back our park time. Then getting back was a joke. I would just walk or take an Uber. Second was the first day we came back to our room around 7pm, the cleaning lady knocked on the door wanting to clean our room at 730 pm. I was shocked, other hotels I’ve stayed at our room is cleaned way before then. It was like that the entire trip, so we ended up just asking for towels when we would see her and putting the do not disturb sign on the door. We would go to the park early, come back around 4-5 and nap and would leave for dinner or to go back to the park around 8. We were also on the first floor, I just assumed it would have been taken care of before dinner time.

Loved the location, close to universal and other roadways to get to different parts of Orlando.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything. Horrible rooms. So close to the highway that it was like the cars where driving through your room. The smell was horrible in the rooms

• King Room - Poolside

The walls seemed paper thin & you could hear every noise outside, between other people & the carts rolling on the sidewalk. The bed was really hard & the blankets were basically useless (I had to request extra from the front desk). The fitness center was minimal & disappointing. I don’t think my stay was worth what I paid.

I liked the location of the hotel & it was very clean. I also like the pool area & hot tub!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Difficult to get warm water in shower. I informed the front desk. We were told that it was fixed but the tap almost came out of the wall. Last day in the morning there was no water at all.

Nice swimmingpool area and gym and good location if you are going to Universal. Beds were comfortable and room was clean.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No convenion store, drug store or restaurants nearby. No microwave

The room is very clean. Staff is really helpful. Have a free bus to both epcot and universal studio.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The linen was dirty and smelled liked dust, next day we woke up with alot of itchyness, the coffe maker was broken they had to repalced it, the refrigerator was not working properly neither and they sofabed was really bad and the linen hasnt been change for while

Bed where comfortable and it was spacious and close to the parks and mall

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish there was a heated pool like it had said there would be. Pool area should have music & the pool bar should have drink specials. No was buying from the bar. Seen 1 person buy a drink in the hours that I sat poolside on 2 different days. Very boring.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Price quoted by bookings.com was not honored even though print out of reservation was provided. Shuttle to SeaWorld involves going to Universal picking up another shuttle and then to SeaWorld. Was told to drive since parking is free at SeaWorld. It's not it's $20. Room was across from pool which was open until 11 with loud kids running around unsupervised until that time. Room was very small. No microwave. Just not well equipped.

Clean.

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Beds had just a thin brown blanket covered with two sheets. Small pillows and hard beds. I thought maybe the cleaning staff forgot to put the comforter on beds . I called the front desk 4 times and no answer! The noise from the hyway was bad. The windows were thin. The bathroom walls were dirty.

Lobby decor was nice and grounds were clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Finding a parking spot after coming from the parks. Having to carry your luggage upstairs difficult, some luggage carts would be helpful specially when you have to go up and down then carry to a far away room.

Room was very clean.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We stayed there for 2 nights and they don't give u clean towels for everyday .I like to have clean towel all time...Don't you ? Thank you

Clean rooms Great location Hands on Very helpful staff

• Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was not enough water pressure in the tub to shower and there was barely any hot water.

The room was excellent, there was enough room for me and my kids to move around in and the beds were very comfortable.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

Rooms a a bit small. Bathrooms do not have HOT water. HOT tub also went out while we were in it.Room technology Def(coffee maker. Tv. No microwave) needs upgrades for the price.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleanliness could be improved. There were pistachio shells in our hotel room on our last day, yet we didn't have pistachios the whole time we were there. Also, we had an adjoining room (we didn't know if anyone was on the other side). The door was unlocked when we first got into the room. Also, the room was FREEZING, more blankets should be in the room.

I like the style of the rooms and lobby. The purple was a nice touch.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was freezibg...heater broken. Hot tub broken...couldnt really even see universal. Dis disappointed for price and couldn't go swimming..or really relax.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Musty smell in bedroom, furniture a bit tired but clean bedroom.

Quiet, convenient hotel well located for Universal Studios with free shuttle easily available.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lighting was awful, and every time we left the AC on, they would turn it off when cleaning.

I like the affordability, the room was always very clean and the location.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the ceiling was leaking for 2 days. They had maintenance come and check then we had to ask for another room. There was not much assistance offered to us. I feel they should have done more being all the inconvenience we were put through.

The atmosphere.