Reviews of 7 Springs Inn & Suites 3 stars

950 North Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262, USA

#21 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs

The bathroom was very large but lacked a place for your toiletries, no place for the towels, shower sprayed water everywhere, and also leaked. I found out later that the shower was for handicapped individuals, which explained a lot. Bed was lumpy and broken down on the sides.

The room was was good sized as was the bathroom. Located right across from the pool.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Not enough parking lots on the property. The doors connecting the upper and lower room units in the narrow staircase are of poor quality, so you could hear every word of your neighbors (and much more!). Gets you closer with your neighbors than you would probably like to be. Pools are being used until midnight, also by children, raising the noise level.

Modern furniture, clean room, good location about a mile from shops and restaurants. Nice patio with pools and BBQ grills.

The only thing I missed was that there wasn't a separate table in the room, otherwise everything was great!

We really liked the ambiance of this hotel with the mid-century vibe. It also appeared to cater to couples rather than being a family place which meant that it was pretty quiet with people relaxing poolside. The room was really spacious and comfortable and being the summer time and mid-week, the rate was really reasonable for the quality of the accommodations.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Very narrow inside stairway inside the room up to the bedroom with no elevator access. Difficult to carry bags up the narrow stairs. Parking was limited and if you didn't get there early, I don't know where you parked.

• King Studio

You can hear when people are walking around in the room above yours. Also the parking can be a little tough as there isn't a lot of spots available

Room was very clean as well as the property. The room was also renovated and up to date. Bed was very comfortable

I pretty much liked everything. I'll mention the following to give people the right expectations. My room did not have a tub which was not an issue at all for me--just thought I'd mention it. Some of the elements on the property are still being upgraded. The pool for example, was older, but it worked just fine! Also, parking was a light tight. The room has a pedestal sink, so it does not have much room on the sink itself. It DID provide a spacious glass shelving unit near the since so that worked out quite well.

I really enjoyed my stay! The property was nice--I liked that you needed a key to get onto the grounds. There was plenty of really comfortable outdoor seating which I enjoyed in the evenings. During the week it was really quiet. I had a room near the pool and heard no noise. On Saturday there were a number of people in the pool. Throughout my stay I spoke with six or seven staff people--all were exceptionally nice and helpful. The room itself was simple but very adequate. It even had a safe which was nice.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Shower water kept going from warm to cool without warning. Some things like peeling wallpaper and scuff marks that come with age but hotel is obviously going through some upgrades and will be immaculate when finished.

Friendly staff, clean and safe hotel. Loved the balcony and private stairs in our room. Bathroom window in the shower opened up to a beautiful wall of bougainvillea with birds singing in the branches. Comfortable beds and nice sitting area with a dimmer switch overhead light. My husband really enjoyed lying in bed and looking at the beautiful mountains - very peaceful.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Room was just okay. Bathroom had a little mold. Shower ran out of hot water in late afternoon. Front desk staff were very rude or unavailable during office hours.

It's great for the location. Close to restaurants.

The hotel was well located, about 15mn away walking from the center of Palm Springs. There are bars around and breakfast places (John's is amazing, cheap and they give SO big portions!!). The parking is very convenient, the air cond is efficient (take ear plugs if you're sensitive to noise though). We had room 115 with nobody upstairs and it was a great large room with a massive comfy bed! We used the jacuzzi and the swimming pool and they were both great. We cam borrow towels for free from reception for the swimming pool and jacuzzi. We'll definitely go back there if we go back to Palm Springs!

Parking isn’t that obvious when you arrive but not a huge issue once you’re familiar with the layout. Microwave/fridge area in the room is very crammed in when there’s room to put more surfaces elsewhere; but not major problem. I’m really just being picky!

It’s done on a quirky resort style to a fairly old motel but done pretty well. Rooms are large and comfortable. Huge TV, and lovely private balcony I could sunbathe in at the back of my room (ground floor room backed into car park). Nice part of Palm Springs. Close enough but far enough away from the main drag.

• King Studio

The bed was a little bouncy, bathroom was a little small and shower pressure a bit weak. For the lower rooms, even though we had a king suite, there weren’t any windows that didn’t otherwise open out to the poolside, meaning there wasn’t any privacy if you wanted natural light. Also I wish they used slightly warmer toned light bulbs, the daylight bulbs makes it feel a little cheap/clinical.

Hot tub swimming pool was amazing and perfect for a long day of homing. Hotel is small enough you don’t have to compete with lots of people for pool time. The grills are great for people like us who have dietary needs, whom the PS restaurants don’t cater for. The location is good for those who don’t want to be on the main strip and only 5 minutes from the Tram turnoff.

• King Studio

Terrible parking situation, shower sucked, could find better accomodations for the price.

Full fridge, nice hottub. Good location by a lot of local hotspots.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

The bed I was sleeping in was sunken in. I wasn’t able to sleep comfortably.

I love the design of the hotel. The room was spacious and it had everything you need from the fridge, microwave, coffee, eating counter, and sofa lounge area.

Nothing not to like

Everything, room lovely and clean by the pool and very comfy bed, would definitely stay again... this was our second time here. Excellent location and very good value for money

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

The parking was a nightmare. There isn’t sufficient parking for the number of rooms the hotel has. We had to park on a residential street and walk to hotel.

The staff was super nice and helpful. Hotel was quiet and clean.

• King Studio

NO HOT WATER!! Called desk, was told we were in an end unit and to let the water run awhile. I let it run 10 full minutes. When it became lukewarm, I jumped in, but midway thru my shower, I e cold water. Called the desk, she said she would send maintenance down. He arrived, ran both the shower and sink together and after 5-7 minutes, got hot water. He shut the water off. I turned it back on while he was still there, cold water. He said water heater, he would tell the office. No screen on bathroom window and the kit hen will window was so dirty you could not see out of it. When we checked out I told staff of the problem, she said sorry for the inconvenience. Don't think we will return. Too bad as this used to be our favorite place to stay in Palm Springs.

Have stayed here several times in the past but extremely disappointed this stay.

Parking

I took my daughter and 2 adult granddaughters to Palm Springs for Mother's Day weekend. I was extremely pleased with the hotel. The room with double queen beds and a pull out sofa was huge and the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. We had a large patio overlooking the large spa, and the girls really enjoyed the pool. The room, patio and grounds were extremely clean. The parking on premises was tight so we arranged for an Uber ride to and from dinner on Saturday evening at only $7 each way. I would definitely return and recommend 7 Springs Inn to everyone.

Beautifully renovated modern hotel with great staff & huge room. Comfortable bed, big TV. The outdoor courtyard has nice seating areas with beautiful furniture & palm trees. We had a request to be on the ground floor and that's what we got. We will definite be booing this hotel again. The hotel has exceeded our expectations. We're very happy with our stay.

No night staff working between 1am and 7am (2:30 am till 7am on weekends). Got locked out of my room at 3:30 am and couldn’t get a hold of anyone. Had to wait outside till day staff started.

Impressively clean and bed that will allow for an amazing night sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful. Pool and jacuzzi were great and open late.

the colors of the room were awful; the view from my window was of the roof w/strewn tools & ladder; no countertop in the bathroom; for the price, it is not something I would recommend or return to

the staff was friendly

WiFi needs to be improved. Very slow and would not stay connected.

Suites were very generous in size. Did not expect a full-size kitchen. Very clean, location was perfect.

We have been staying at 7 Springs for several years and have always been very pleased with our accommodations! We plan to stay again next April and are so grateful to have discovered a place that suits us very well!

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

no hot water in the bathroom ! At the reception they told us at the check out that it happened sometimes but they were not at all sorry

big size rooms quiet clean

Poor wifi with no signal at all. Hotel should not advertise free wifi in rooms if it only works in the lobby area. The staff were not as attentive as I would have liked - no food provided here I was told, but diners are close by. Room was only cleaned once during entire stay and that was just for the bathroom. Would not stay here again if visiting Palm Springs

Views from the hotel were amazing

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Front desk service was poor, no replenishment of toilet paper for full day after requesting it. Attitude when we asked the sheets on couch bed to be changed when they did not look fresh. This was one girl in particular, some of staff were great, such as person who checked us in.

• King Studio

Have a stronger wifi and fix hot shower problem!

Well appointed room...some wifi problems and hot shower not working very well. Staff very pleasant and accommodating.

• King Studio

There was an unusual smell in the reception area, not very nice but not sure what is was. No breakfast service. Not a 24 hour reception and parking was limited

Rooms were well equipped and clean with comfy beds. Plenty of outside seating with fire pits for cooler nights. Nice pool area with loungers and umbrellas for shade. Restaurants and shops only a short distance away

Maybe other rooms were better appointed, but ours did not live up to the website photo's, disappointed.

The property, landscape, mid-century modern architecture, colorful paint exceeded expectations

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

The drawers in our room would not stay closed as soon as we put anything in them. We kept tripping over them.

The pool and hot tub areas are really pretty and relaxing. The hotel is on a busy street but the balconies face into tthe peaceful courtyard. There are fire pits and bbqs for guests to use, a good amount of parking but plenty of great options to walk to. Kids loved the free cookies at the front desk!

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

The bathroom door is slid in door the does not close all the way. It makes it uncomfortable to use the restroom.

The rooms are very nice. The room I stayed had balcony towards the pool. It had a small living space area.

The room was a bit stuffy and we could smell the swimming pool that was very close.

Nice hotel with a very nice sitting are close the a fountain and a swimming pool in the central yard close to the center. It was a good value for money, it served us perfectly for the one night we spent in Palm Springs.

everything was great.

ground and room were kept perfect. There were no toxic type odors in the room like many I have experienced when first entering. Pool and jacuzzies were crystal clear.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

It's a good central location, but a little bit too far to walk to the main strip, and difficult to park in town at night, so we had some issues with this. But one could take a cab...

Very comfy beds, and the pool and courtyard were lovely.

No dresser. No drawers to store clothes. No shelf or counter in the bathroom. Has fewer parking spaces than rooms; if you leave , hope for street parking.

• King Studio

Mattress was extremely soft (almost hammock-like) Size of the pool was misrepresented in the pictures Wifi did not work properly in the room, weak signal; ok in the common areas

Friendliness of staff, general cleanliness of the place (although steps of pool were greasy-slippery)

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

We received a room that was not renovated at all, bit smelly. Bathroom was very tired , no fan and window was screwed shut. Mirror rusted and paint peeling . Common areas all updated and clean, welcoming . Should discount those unrenovated rooms.

Very large hot tub . Separate pool and deck away from hot tub.

The smell in the rooms is horrific. Super strong glade plug-in smell x10. Made my eyes water and my nose sting!!! I was told it was a cleaning product - gross!

location was great. Staff super friendly - loved the lemon cucumber waters in the lobby

Road noise. Pocket door broken to bathroom, couldn’t close. Light leaked into room all night because of it. Worst, no parking, nearly got killed trying to get luggage across street cause very little parking and had to park on street. Came home late at night and no parking. Coffee maker broken. For that price it was ridiculous. Won’t stay again

Clean and spacious. Front desk staff nice. Bed comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

The air in the hotel room seemed a bit stale but once we opened up our balcony door and got the a/c running it was ok. It looked like parking might have been a challenge but we got a parking stall right by the front door.

The location is awesome for walking to the Thursday evening market, shops & restaurants. Room very clean. I always do a thorough “bed bug check” and every layer of bedding and mattress was spotless upon inspection. Kudos to cleaning staff! Front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Hotel is older but has been updated nicely.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Housekeeping only left two bath towels each night. We had three people staying in the room. They did not leave refills for shampoo and conditioner, etc. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls in many places, but especially in the stairway. There was a long narrow stairway to get up to our room, and there was barely room to fit inside the door. Bathroom was really small. Only two water glasses were provided. Only two coffee cups. They were aware three adults were staying in the room. Wifi was really slow.

The pool and hot tubs were lovely. The beds were very comfortable, and I liked they they offered different choices in pillows. (hard vs. soft.) The large screen tv was fun.

Room on N Indian Canyon Rd which was very busy until early morning. There is a $100 deposit held for 3 days until after they check your room for damages. The office is closed from 1 am- 7 am. 3 of us were lined up to check out at 7 and person did not show for 10 minutes. No place to leave the key to leave earlier. Hot coffee promised at 7 am, no one and lobby locked.

Very nice, once inside the gate, however, late in night and had to leave early, so no time to enjoy it.

• King Studio

I hated the smell of the room. In the kitchen area, it smelled heavily of tobacco, and the overall room smell was like something had been sprayed to mask it.

Good amenities. Though I didn't use the pools etc, they looked nice. Great location.

Soundproofing. Rooms next to the street are quite noisy.

Staff were very helpful. Great recommendations nearby for dinner and breakfast. Room was clean, easily accessed, but noisy.

The tv was intermittent. There were not enough horizontal services on which to place items, and almost no place in the bathroom to put things like toothpaste. There was no art at all on the walls. Parking was tight.

Good location near the north end design district. The room was large and spare and quiet. Coffee, tea and water were available throughout the day.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Shower temp was variable.

Al, Aldo and Jessica were very kind and attentive to our needs. For example, I needed to reheat something in the microwave and was offered plates to use in only a few minutes. Thank you!

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Nothing I didn’t like just wish we could have stayed longer

Love the decor and jacuzzi. The room was big and the bed was very comfortable!!! Really enjoyed he balcony I will definitely be back!!

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

We had a major problem with getting hot water for our showers. Someone was sent up but he couldn't fix it. Had to run and waste water for over fifteen minutes to get hot water. Person at desk told us " we were far from the boiler". My wife and daughter didn't shower on our second day. For nearly $200 a night, that's not good.

The bed was very uncomfortable, wasn't able to sleep well.

Well decorated and the location was great. They provided champagne and chocolates for Valentine's Day. Staff was helpful.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Perhaps a limit to the times after 10 pm that groups can converse in the patio areas. Although it seemed clean, black carpet not a great idea.

Liked the table in bathroom to put toiletries on, nice exterior area kept clean, central location, boutique-like decor done nicely for the price. Overall, good value.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

No room in the bathroom to put curling iron , toothbrush or toothpaste, shaver, etc. Needs a dresser or console. needs more than one chair. Drapery on wall over the door was especially difficult to close when you left the room and wanted to keep people from seeing into the room.

very nicely updated room and grounds. Very large TV

As mentioned above, a cabinet or shelf in bathroom to hold personal toiletries would be a great plus.

Reception was friendly and prompt. Rooms were very well done, nice modern color scheme. Simple, but could use more surface to hold “stuff”, especially in the bathroom. Otherwise, bed and linens were very clean and comfortable. Nice toiletries in bathroom. Would stay here again and would recommend.

The bathroom was terrible no vanities and our room was right behind The laundry room could hear everything. The room smelled like chloride. I think they can do a much better work the was huge but we felt it lacked some furniture!

Not sure how typical Room 117 was, but the bathroom, though very large, lacked places to hang clothing or put toiletries other than on the floor. The shower was huge, but the temperature control touchy thus requiring more movement than preferred on a slick floor.

Room was very clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the bed large and comfortable. Loved the outdoor Jacuzzi and pool.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

We were frustrated because the room was nothing like what was pictured when we booked. We had two beds and a small desk and chair - no sitting area as promised. The tiny bathroom had a small mirror, but it was the only one in the room. Hard for multiple people to get ready at a time. Also, there was a weird smell in the room- like a stong cleaning product trying to mask a musty smell.

The property is maintained nicely. The pictures online were definitely misleading, though. This property is like an upscale motel. There is a cute outdoor courtyard. The pool and hot tub are small but clean. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The photos and description did not accurately represent the facility. We didn’t like the room. The photos looked much nicer than in real life.

The location was within walking distance of the downtown area. The outdoor area was fairly nice with a pool and hot tub as well as a fire pit. However, we did not use these areas. The room was another story. If we had not prepaid for the room we would not have stayed. It was “updated” with newer paint and stone tiles in the bathroom, but the HVAC was extremely noisy and the traffic noise was so loud I thought a window was open.

The internet wasn't very good

Really exceeded our expectations! Everything looks chic and stylish. The room comes with a fully-equipped kitchen (including dishwasher!). Outside, there's a pool, large hot tub, and gas fires for sitting out in the evening. Fortunately, the doors sealed out all noise from other guests once we went inside. Walking distance to downtown restaurants.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Our unit was on the second floor up a steep set of stairs. Hard to lug heavy bags up the stairs; but OK once you get all your stuff up it's fine.

Nice hideaway place with two interior courtyards, pools and hot tubs. Beds were comfortable and room layout very nice. Balcony was good for reading and extending the room spatially to the outdoors.

This is a newly renovated “mid century modern” motel. It’s adorable.The renovations have clean lines, bright colors and great use of space. Our room has a full large kitchen, nice smallish bathroom and a great bed. No sofa, but we didn’t need it. The pool is heated but tiny. No spa. There is a family stomping around overhead, but that can’t be helped.

Pillows uncomfortable. Room a bit dark. Parking slightly confusing. Bathroom very basic.

Fire table. Fruited water in the lobby. Asked to be near friends and they made it happen tho it required them upgrading us.

• King Studio

The wifi did not work in our room most of the time.

Staff were great and accommodated a change in rooms we requested. Overall the location was within walking distance of the central downtown.

Courtyard nice. Room was clean. Check-in good. They are right on a busy road so instead of taking that initially assigned room with road noise, I took a different room. My problem was really that person next door had their TV on ALL NIGHT. so I didn't get much sleep. Had an early flight from the airport nearby. I was in room 117. Honestly, I thought it was overpriced. Expected nicer for that much.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Always friendly staff, big, clean, comfy rooms,awesome outside area ((pool, chairs, cool fountain)) and they always have lemon water in the lobby! Last time I was there they had cucumbers in it, too! Another time oranges. It's just a really great place to stay, and afforable! Plus, it's right next to all the bars and food places your little hearts desire.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

We have no complaints.

Our suite was spacious and clean. We loved having a gas grill available and the large hot tub was great. The property is near downtown Palm Springs- easy to walk to.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

There were a couple worn and tattered looking things, such as the blinds on our door (bent and dirty) and some stains on the bathroom wall. Quick fixes to make this place totally amazing.

Very peaceful environment, unpretentious and comfortable. The room was lovely. I would definitely come back.

WIFI was too slow

Great location, within walking distance of good dining spots and museums. Very accommodating staff, who helped us charge our rented e-bikes overnight.

The only issue (and it's a small one) is it can be difficult carrying luggage up the stairs to the first floor.

7 Springs is an awesome place to stay. We stayed on the first floor overlooking the spa. It is conviently located in town and is central to all that Palm Springs has to offer. The room was clean, spacious and modern. We spent two nights at 7springs and wish we could have spent a couple more. We mostly liked the bbq facilities and large spa.

Didn't mind that bathroom was small,but it needed a shelf for toiletries. Only toilet tank was available for use although there was plently of room on the wall for a shelf and hooks for towels. Could have used another comfortable chair in the room as there was plenty of space for it.

Liked that there were firepits and chairs outside in common area.

We were given a handicap bathroom. Very inconvenient and slick floor tiles made bathroom after showering extremely unsafe. Also, pedestal sink left no room for toiletries

Room was very clean and modern, but very small

The wifi connection was slow and unreliable. Accomodation is located at a busy road, our room was at the road side and a bit noisy

The rooms are clean and the patio with pools look pretty. At walking distance there are several good restaurants

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

There were narrow and steep stairs to our room. It was hard to manage carrying our suitcase up the stairs.

We were upgraded to a better room when the clerk found out we were repeat customers—that was nice and appreciated.

The room only had 1 window and it was was facing a wall and electrical wires, when we asked the person at the Reception Desk if we could move to another room he said that it was all there was, we asked if the hotel was sold out and he said that we got what we paid for, his attitude was condescending, and he seemed bored. :(

Outdoor space was very nice.

Everything was excellent.

Appreciated the coffee, big tv, fridge and microwave in room. Loved the comfy bed with lots of pillows! Perfect room location for access to parking.

Room decor is oversimplified and extremely low quality i.e. wall decor is affixed with a staple gun, no dresser, no bathtub. More disappointed that the shower temp was uncomfortably and annoyingly inconsistent running hot and cold many times during a 10 minute shower.

Friendly staff, nice hot tub, lovely outdoor sitting areas with nice fire pits.

The design of the bathroom could really use some work. The sink shape is such that the soap dish doesn't fit on it properly, and there is literally no place to put toiletries or tools, not even the back of the toilet, as it's taken up by tissue, extra toilet paper, etc. Really inconvenient design flaw.

The staff was great, check in was a breeze, and the hotel was quiet and safe. Walking distance to my friends' hotels, the wedding venue, and the shops and restaurants in Uptown.

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

There was no counter space in the bathroom. Also, I forgot to tell you, but the bathroom door in 123 needs some lubricant to keep if from squeaking.

The contemporary design.