Reviews of Omni La Mansion del Rio 4 stars

112 College Street, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA

#57 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

The pillows are flat and uncomfortable. We had cricks in our necks.

The hotel is pretty and updated. It has a beautiful pool area. Good food at the restaurant. Friendly and helpful staff. I would stay there again.

Really have no complaints.

Hotel staff and valet service were very friendly and attentive. The room and pool area were great aswell. Prime location on the riverwalk with easy access to some great restaurants. Overall the trip was very relaxing and fun!

I booked a king room with king beds and they gave me a room with double beds. It was also a handicap room. The shower was nasty. It was super hot and the air didn’t really work.

• King Room with River View

Staff had to close the pool earlier. It was not the hotels fault though.

Great view of the river walk. Very comfortable beds & pillows. I will definitely stay there again!!!

• King Room with River View

Since they are on they River Walk, it seems they do not have to try as hard as other properties with less desirable locations. The room felt dirty, the furniture was thread bare in places.

Nice to be on the River Walk.

The bedding could have been better. We simply had a sheet and light blanket. We pulled the extra blanket from the closet as well. Also, although not a reason for staying at this hotel, the TV channels/offerings were really poor.

The front desk staff was excellent. Location was excellent.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Thought I was getting a room with a private balcony but it turned out to be a common balcony. Didn't need it but they were charging $39.00/day for parking while there is a lot across the street charging $10.00/day.

The location was perfect for the River Walk and the Alamo.

Everything was perfect except out time there.... too short (one night) as we were traveling back home from an anniversary trip to the hill country. This was our first time to stay at the Omni on the Riverwalk and we would have like to enjoy the room and the pool area a bit more.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave in rooms. But I was able to request one on a first come first served basis.

Beauty of hotel, friendly and accommodating staff, accessibility to river walk, gym, and spa.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We would have liked more overhead lighting in room 207. No light when entering room and the closet was there... difficult to see. Also windows faced a wall. Was not a game killer as we were out of doors most of out time there.

Personnel were GREAT.... VALET services outstanding!

I did think after taxes, that it was on the high side. You should post after tax price since tax prices can be almost an additional 50-$100.

Everyone loved the location of the hotel and its amenities.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The price was a little high and no fr we breakfast.and the idea of letting pets stay.in the bathroom by the sink were the small towels were.had a white hair.didnt know what to think.(dog or human)

The place were it is located.

Our room opened right out to the pool, which was amazing. They have the BEST margaritas...and you can order them poolside! Great location right on the river walk. Their restaurants are WONDERFUL!

The music at the pool started too early and was easily heard from my room. The doors slam really loudly and shake the walls when the housekeeping goes in and out and in and out of nearby rooms in the morning, starting at 8:00. Could housekeeping maybe put a doorstop at the door of a room when they are cleaning it and leave the door ajar until they are done? At least if a nearby room has their “do not disturb” sign on? I think the two doors by me were opened and closed over 30 times from. 8-9:00 am.

Loved the cleanliness, the smell of the room (no smell or perfume), friendly staff, location, DIMMABLE LIGHTS, good blackout curtain at balcony windows, comfy bed and pillows, quick little coffee shop at entrance, convenient parking across the street if you did t want valet, easy check in and check out.

Rooms were wonderful and clean. The bed was comfortable and we brought our dog and staff spoiled her and were very welcoming. Loved being right on the River Walk too.

• King Room with River View

The lighting in the room was abysmal. There were 4 lamps placed around the room, but even with the drapes open it was hard to read unless you were directly next to a lamp (even with the dimmer switches turned all the way up).

We asked for and received a ground floor room with a balcony overlooking the Riverwalk.

• Standard Queen Room

The prices of the food and drinks its so expensive to grab a bite to eat there.

No balcony was a plus with it being St. Patricks day too many people and im glad we couldn’t hear anything thing from our room. Also that made it super dark so it definitely helped us get plenty of rest for the drive back to NM.

1.blanket needs to be a bit heavier- felt like i only had a sheet for coverage 2.pillows are hard and flat 3.walls were thin - thankfully we had quite neighbors. 4.paying for wi-fi seemed exorbitant, considering red roof inn offered for free on a $60 room the night before AND Parking was not discounted for guests. 5. I liked the complimentary coffee but hubby did not 6. front desk needs some customer service help. not to friendly -almost seems like they avoid guests

1. liked the pool setting outside of room 2. mattress & sheets were comfy 3. car ports were invaluable; very friendly & obliging 4. room decor was pleasant/comfy 5. loved the coconut milk beverage in the lobby

• Standard Queen Room

Too crowed. The hall to the rooms did not smell well when we arrived. The pictures do not fit with the reality. Poor light in the room. needs to modernize

• Standard Queen Room

I am originally from San Antonio. I have not been in town since 2005. I have always loved this hotel. It was a great experience. The staff is friendly and very attentive. The room had a small balcony with a great view of the riverwalk.

Everything from check in to check out was great. The location on the river was exactly what we were looking for. Room service was excellent. The only problem was the coffee maker did not work.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I felt like the property was way over priced, room was old. The air barely worked. And they even charged for wifi. I feel like for $435 a night you should get more than just an old room We stayed at drury riverwalk before and got so much more for less and a nice big room. We will never stay here again. I never right reviews but on this hotel I felt I needed to.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were outdated. No power source at desk for laptop, etc. My room had no view. Looked at a wall if I opened the terrace doors. Bathroom was small. Elevators were slow, slow, slow.

• King Room with River View

Was there for our anniversay and informed the hotel and asked for extras in the room that were available. The lady at the front desk who was great had requested something nice to be sent up. It never arrived.

The location was quite good

The staff didn’t expect us as they didn’t receive our reservation. The room was so small and the bathroom so old that was impossible to spend time there. Staff Completely not interested in welcoming the clients or making our stay pleasant

• King Room with River View

Was not assigned the room type that was booked or paid for. Wasted an hour with very unhelpful staff that made us feel like they were doing us a huge favor to put us in the correct room. Unfriendly front desk staff with poor/non-existent communication skills. This was our second - and last - stay at this location.

Nice facility, nice location, very small, but nice balcony, comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I was really looking forward to staying here. I thought for the money... it just should have been a bit more updated. The elevators were old and noisy. Our first room, had doors on both sides. No way to open the curtains. Very strange for me. Staff was wonderful about it. Service was great.

The guy at the front desk. The A/C not working in the first room and going to the front desk and letting them know and the guy looks at you like your a idiot and ask what do you want him to do about it. Getting a second room and him telling me it right around the corner from the first one and it taking 30 minutes to find it after having to ask roomkeeper where it was at. Totally different elevator we had to take to get to it roomkeeper took me to it by going 2 of their doors and having to let my wife and daughter in the back door. No vending machines, just the snacks , sodas and alcohol beverages that is probably over priced. Didn’t want to find out. Small rooms that were hot due to A/C blower not cooling room. Rooms price was way over priced. Will not stay here again. The little blue Calculator above needs to be more accurate maybe 2.5 or 3

• Double Room with River View

That it had no internet and had to pay expensive prices on candy and snacks and drinks in the refrigerater.you pay a good price to stay at that hotel at least you shouldn't be charge for those things or dont put them in there.

The riverwalk view

• Standard Queen Room

The first room we stayed in was run down . The bath tub had residual stains to the point my wife would not use it. We requested a room change and it was better.

The location is very good.

Only surface clean, but still I’ll felt a film on counters in bathroom. Also, bathroom was hot and couldn’t figure out why the rest of the room was comfortable. Only stayed 1 night so no need to have management involved.

Great location and Jeffrey was an excellent and welcoming front desk guy.

No hot water. Broken shelf in bathroom. Uncomfortable bed. Overpriced restaurant buffet, and reservations only - was not informed of that.

Historic property.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

It would be nicer if the beds were Queen-size, instead of just Doubles. This would make the property MUCH more appealing to families and group travelers.

• ADA Deluxe Room - 2 Double Beds

Never had cleaning service because didn’t have good instructions from front desk . Needed more specific details of coffee in room and services available. And more details / suggestions and layout of hotel. Room nice but felt forgotten a little

Hotel location and ambience

• Executive King Room with River View

The room had not been cleaned one day until after 4pm and I wish they would send more milk with room service with your coffee. The coffee pot is very large but came with only a small portion of milk.

The buffet was excellent and had so many choices. I went to the restaurant one evening and the food was delicious, the waiter friendly and attentive, and the setting and decorations were not only beautiful but quite comfortable as well. The fact I could stand on my balcony and have a spectacular view of the River Walk and wave to the carolers on the boats was a very unique experience. I truly hated leaving my Christmas bubble on the River Walk and felt the atmosphere was surreal, especially at night. The front desk staff was quite helpful, as well as room service but I must mention one staff member in particular. Her name was Michele and she assisted me prior to my trip as the hotel could not find my reservation. She spent so much time with me and eventually found the reservation and relieved a lot of stress. She asked the reason for my visit and I told her it was my mother's birthday and upon arrival to our room there was a bottle of sparkling wine on ice and a piece of cake with Happy Birthday written around it in chocolate. I was very impressed by this kind gesture.

• Double Room with River View

This was our 4th visit to La Mansion. We. Probably won’t stay there again due to our disappointment. The room (we requested river view) was so small the we couldn’t open the cabinet door far enough to unpack our clothes because it collided with the bed. The t.v. had terrible static ; the bathroom stopper came completely off when I pulled it to fill the sink; the pool was advertised as heated but was not; the balcony was so narrow that with our backs to the wall, my husband knees were through the railing. There was no turn down service at night as in the past.

Love the restaurant, Las Canarias! Staff is so friendly and food delicious. I consider it a “fancy”restaurant that makes everyone feel very comfortable. Never had anything but a delicious meal there. Liked having use of the sister hotel’ s gym across the river.

Nothing to not dislike !

The view of the river walk from the balcony was awesome ! The staff is above and beyond the call of duty . Breakfast is excellent and the wait staff is very attentive .

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

A/C didn't work in room - had to move. Second room was by elevator and ice machine. Bed and pillows were uncomfortable. Had to pay for wifi. Made reservation six months earlier and was put in Anex building - not in main part of hotel.

Location is central on Riverwalk

• Executive King Room with River View

They did not call when the room was ready. The room was tiny for what we paid. The fire alarm was set off by a child waking me and my wife from a nap!!!!

The view if the river walk was nice

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Heater at room was not working properly. Told staff and they kind of took care of it. Was still not working 100 % after they worked on it, but I was too drunk to call them back to fix it right .

Bed was comfortable. Easy to park @ hotel. Hotel was very nice. Staff was real nice. Veronica @ front desk was awesome!

Nothing at this time.

Love it. Reminds me of the song/album/album cover "Hotel California". Bit of old world luxury, super relaxed, right on the River Walk. Very quiet. Nice, private enclosed courtyard pool. Nice balconies. Very much enjoyed my stay. Hope to come back.

• Double Room with River View

The room was very large and the beds were super comfortable. Access to the Riverwalk was easy and the location on the river was great. Pool was very nice. Loved the hotel bar.

We requested a quiet room, were given a room on the second floor next to a busy street. 24hr buses that kept me awake throughout the evening. The only staff I encountered was the front desk clerk; he was a bit rude, both on check-in and on check out when I mentioned the noise.

Everything was great with the exception of street noise due to room location.

Getting charge twice for my stay a mistake on the desk clerk at check in now I have to wait 3 to 5 days for my refund which was not my fault.

Convenience to riverwalk

Pool was closed first day and under cleaning and repair and when open was mobbed such that we never used it. Tiny for size of hotel but understandable based on its location and history.

Our room was not totally cleaned when we arrived. They did give us a $50 food/beverage credit which helped some. I do not agree that this is a 4 star hotel. Maybe 3. Musty smell in the room.

We loved being on the Riverwalk. Breakfast at the restaurant was very good.

The only complaint was how hot the elevators and hallways were! No vents for air conditioning !! Our bedroom also didn't seem to get very cool!

Loved loved this historic hotel!! Beautiful room, great bar & great restaurant !!!! Beautiful grounds! And great staff!!!

They put us in the room right next to the elevator and we were woken up several times at night and in the morning because you could hear every single word people would say out there because the walls were so thin. We were there celebrating my birthday and we splurged getting this hotel and were very disappointed. It was not worth the extra money, the room was tiny, and they charged $42 to valet one night. For goodness sake!! I would not recommend the hotel unfortunately.

The hotel was beautiful.

• Executive King Room with River View

That there is only valet parking and it is very expensive.

I liked the fact that when my husband and I were stranded at the Towers of America at 10:30pm after having the late dinner, once we missed our cab due to miscommunication by the hostess at the restaurant, that we called the hotel and were sent a valet to pick us up. Very thankful and appreciative for that since we did not know how to get back.

Floors were very dirty and A/C didn't work and tech couldn't fix it.

Great location, great staff. Nice restaurant and breakfast! Hotel is nice Pet friendly

There was only rude customer service. The room was dark and had no view of anything but a wall so why open the door curtains. The room was so depressing that I literally only slept in it because I couldn't stand the room. I was quoted $255 But paid $305 no receipt could be printed so I could figure out why. I did not purchase wifi or any extras whatsoever but was told they would email me a receipt right away and over 24 hours later, still no email.

The valet.

The king bed was super comfortable and the pillows were so fluffy! (4 king sized pillows) The shower head was a waterfall shower head that gave good pressure. The room was nice and clean, I have absolutely no complaints. Staff was really nice and helpful, definitely would stay again! Oh and FYI, valet parking is 40$ and they charge a 50$ incidentals fee that is refundable after checkout if you didn't buy anything extra or touch the snacks in your room.

We had to go from the lobby where we checked in, and cross the breezeway where the valet parking station was, to get to the elevators to take us to our room. To get to the pool or other places of interest, we also had to cross the breezeway back to the lobby and then out.

The location was perfect for our trip.

Parking is really expensive.

Great location. Hotel was in the most perfect spot of the Riverwalk. So close to the Alamo and the mall. Stayed in room overlooking the pool, 3rd floor. Was not noisey at all. You could hear the kids have a good time, but it wasn't overbearing. The only negative I can say about the property is that parking is pretty expensive....$39.00/night

Elevator was out of service, making it hard with luggage. I chose Omni so that I would get my Omni points, I paid more for the hotel for this benefit. It super stinks that the four night stay doesn't count since I booked through Omni.

Loved the room. They gave me the best room in the hotel with a simple request. So accomadatting m.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• King Room with River View

Welll...I Was extremely disappointed with my Omni experience. My stay was supppsed to be a nice overnight Father's day trip for my husband and I. Instead, during our stay we spent the first few hours swatting flies and gnats in our room. When I went to the front desk to advise them of the problem, they immediately stated they would send an engjneer to resolve my problem. The engineer came and handed us a bottle of raid!!! I attempted to make that work because I really don't like to complain, but the flies were still out of control and when one landed in my mouth...well I had enough. I went back to the front desk and advised that if I wanted this kind of experience I could have stayed at red roof inn and paid $200.00 less! They then moved our room at 12am...it was an upgraded suite but a down grade in air. The room was beyond humid and our skin stuck to the sheets the entire night. And just when we thouht the overnight stay couldn't get any worse, we were startled by the sound of a broken smoke detector that screamed like a Fire siren at 9 in the morning. My husband was merely getting ready to take a shower and I was laying in the bed. Because the siren was so incredibly loud and it wouldn't turn off we had to wait in the hallway for help to come...10 Mins in the hallway in our pajamas for everyone who passed could see. I don't know if this is even going to be read, but I had to express my complete disgust in the experience we had!!!

The only thing I liked about the hotel were the friendly gentleman that worked at the valet.

• King Room with River View

There was nothing not to like, this hotel is 100% on point.

The entire staff was wonderful, the pool was lovely the hotel was SUPER! clean, we rushed out and accidentally left $1000.00 in our safe, we called when we realized what we had done, they held on to our money, we picked it up 2 days later with no issues.

The room was exceptionally small - it was described as a "Deluxe King" but was so miniature that my smallest rolling luggage would not fit between the bed and the desk. It's an older hotel and charming, but everything just needs a refresh. We had a pool view and I didn't like that the balcony was all the way across the entire floor - anyone could come out of their room and walk down to our door. I didn't feel secure. Also, my friend left a pair of earrings in the room and called to check on them. They advised they would research and call back, but they never did. I got my bill through email but didn't understand it and had to call my credit card company, because the front desk staff couldn't explain it, either. All in all, a disappointing stay.

The valet team was awesome. Very professional, friendly and lots of hustle.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Executive King Room with River View

limited and slow elevators, animal hair on the back of couch cushions

beautiful hotel, airconditioning working good, excellent service, great breakfast, great minibar, great bar and restaurant

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

The room was terrible. On the ground floor, next to the elevator and the entrance door. So noisy that it is impossible to sleep. Also the room smelled bad, everything looks old and not maintained. And all this for $260 for a night.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Standard Queen Room

Very nice hotel right on Riverwalk; was a historic building which was restored in a nice manner appropriate to the location. Staff was excellent, on-site dining or drinking was fine. Perhaps a little more expensive than other area hotels, but what one would expect to pay for location and quality.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

There are a lot of little charges that can add up--valet parking, internet, etc.

I had forgotten how friendly everyone in San Antonio can be, and the staff at La Mansion del Rio exemplifies this. I think the design of the hotel and the rooms is beautiful, very classic Spanish colonial evocative of San Antonio's early history.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Rooms need updating!

Loved the entire stay! Had a great dinner on the patio....such fun with the river all lit up! Watching the fireworks from our balcony was wonderful.....great staff so willing to help in any way. Beautiful breakfast served one morning in the room!

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

For the price of one night only , no complimentary breakfast , room was not that great , no available in house free services , I had to pay to park 😞!! Honestly I would not stay at your hotel , I felt as if I should have gone to the simple red roof in and would have felt just as I did at your hotel 😞 Not a great experience !!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Executive King Room with River View

The balcony was misleading.. it connected to the other rooms next to us. Making one long balcony. It was not private at all. Looked out one day and there was a maintenance guy sweeping, our curtains were wide open.. glad we were decent. The trade off with a great location is noise and a busy river walk, ask for a higher level room if possible. We were on the 2nd floor facing the river walk right above the entrance to the hotel and boy did we hear every person that walked in..

Loved the room, bed was comfy.. location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• King Room with River View

Beds were not comfortable but I have an extremely comfortable bed at home and I don't think any other beds will come close. Information should be given upon check-in such as: Hotel Map and Riverwalk Map without having to ask Concierge.

Location was excellent!!! Walked right onto the Riverwalk. The staff was great.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Hotel is old and needs renovation. Rooms overlooking the water were not available nor the same price. Price was very high for what we received.

Area is nice. Hotel is big.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Furniture was not as luxurious as I would have liked, price was $30 a night more than advertised, privacy required pulling a curtain over the front door, limiting access while someone remained behind.

Great place, excellent decor.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The king suite I booked was nice considering the hotel is very old and not really updated. However, the elevator noise was unbearable so we asked to be moved, which they promptly facilitated our request. The junior suite had the same problem. The elevator noise and vibration was just as bad and seemed to sound every 15 seconds.

The location of the hotel was ideal for walking around downtown San Antonio as well as the Riverwalk. The huevos rancheros were outstanding!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The air wasn't cooling. Toilet wouldn't stop running. Tub wouldn't drain. However, all were fixed and satisfactory.

Very helpful and attentive staff. Clean room. Great hotel and best location. We had some issues but all were addressed and fixed.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room with River View

We had two double beds in our room. The beds were full sized. Sharing is very uncomfortable and one of my friends is 6' tall and had to sleep diagonal because her feet hung off the end. For the amount of money the room cost, you would think they could at least have queen sized beds!

The staff was excellent, and the room was large & very clean. Excellent location. Within walking distance to everything we wanted to do

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Executive King Room with River View

Slow-ish elevators (not a big deal...so it's a tiny "dislike")

Great bed; quiet; large room; great location; sweet, small balcony; good restaurant; friendly staff; reminded me of some hotels I've stayed in while visiting Spain

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The parking is somewhat inconvenient, being across the street. The valet parking was rediculously expensive.

The room was very nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is well located for access of many downtown facilities.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

the cost of the wifi is not good. such an expensive hotel should give the wifi as complimentary to all guests. we spent 9 days in Texas in expensive hotels and this is the only one which charged for wifi. the vallet parking is also very dear ($39 per night) but you can park opposite for $ 9 per night in a public car park

location is fantastic and the hotel itself is really grand

Internet should have been included without charge.

Spacious room overlooking river walk. The balcony was worth the extra upgrade. Great ambiance and charm. Very comfortable bed and nice linens. Historical landmark. Room didn't feel like typical rectangular box and one wall was all brick. Other rooms may be different. I would chose this hotel if we return to San Antonio.