Reviews of Mokara Hotel & Spa 4 stars

#1 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

9.7

9.7

• Premier Double Room

Had a view of the parking garage however this would not keep me from returning to this wonderful hotel.

Staff was exceptionally courteous and friendly.

• Premier King Room

Nothing was negative about my stay.

Excellent attention to detailed. Staff was warm and friendly every time you crossed paths. The service at this location was second to none.

• Premier King Room

It was a little noisy in our room at night. Perhaps more than usual because of Fiesta Week!

The location on the River Walk was fantastic for us! We parked the car for 3 days and walked every where from this location! Really appreciated the hospitality at this hotel. They arranged for great tickets to the Fiesta Riverboat Parade for us. Directed us to a nearby parking garage that was safe and saved us money for our stay.

• Premier Riverview Room – 1 King Bed

The restaurant served the best food we ate while there. The hotel was centrally located in the middle of the Riverwalk where all the action is, but, it's an oasis of tranquility. I would definitely stay again.

• Premier Riverview Room – 1 King Bed

I loved that I requested extra towels and blankets for my children and it made it to the room before I could get back from the front desk. Very fast! Also they were kind enough to bring warm milk for my toddler. Thank you very much!!!

• Premier King Room

The patio off our room was horrible. The cushions had bird drippings on them as did parts of the exposed furniture. The amount of mildew was very disheartening. In no way could we stay outside

Staff was very friendly, courteous, thoughtful. Above and beyond. One issue was over a 1/2 hr wait for ice. 2nd call “reminded” them. But even then they were courteous and professional.

• Premier Riverview Room – 1 King Bed

The end rooms have a smaller balcony than the middle one, was a wee bit cosy out there!

All staff are excellent - Petra especially, so helpful. I can highly recommend the Lone Star and Spa-tini cocktails!! Amazing bathroom with jacuzzi bath....didn't want to leave

• Premier Double Room

There are so many reasons to stay at the Mokara - the service, amenities, location, restaurant, and the rooms. You get what you pay for. But I have to say that the shower and bath are amazing - what a treat! I didn't realize what a difference that could make, but after a long day out and about, it was so rejuvenating. The bathroom is spacious and elegant.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Premier Double Room

Only complaint was that some of the rooms faced a brick wall or parking garage……so be aware. Rooms were gorgeous though, and with the Booking Buddy rate that we were able to get, it made up for the lack of a view.

Beautiful boutique property located directly on the Riverwalk. Staff was excellent and could not have been more friendly and accommodating. From Petra, the concierge, to Claudia in housekeeping, to the folks at front desk, and the bell staff, we were well taken care of. All went above and beyond throughout our stay. We were lucky to obtain a great rate on Booking Buddy, as rates posted would have put the Mokara Hotel out of our budget range.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Premier Double Room

Our view was of the rooftop. However, the staff did ask if we wanted to change but we decided since we wouldn't be in the room that much, we stayed in our assigned room.

The beds were very comfortable. The staff was excellent particularly the concierge (Peta) who called us ahead of time to tell us of the I-35 closing so we could adjust our route.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Premier King Room

Great location, close to the river walk. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. Loved the extra touches like the turndown service in the evenings.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Premier King Room

Spa tub looked old and u could tell it had been used for years needs to be replaced and I didn't like the fact that after I checked In and went to my room to look at my account to find out that I was charged twice for one room and when I called to let host know he said he knew but he didn't say anything to me while I was checking in so I figured that wasn't cool eventually it was fixed

Speedy process of checking in and valet parking was excellent excellent across the board with the room

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Premier King Room

The staff and customer service was exceptional. We called about a problem with our mini bar and literally within minutes there was someone at the door to fix it. Anything we needed, they took care of. They have a Bath Butler! What more can I say?! The hotel itself is beautiful, the spa is fabulous and the it is within steps of the Riverwalk, dining options, and shopping.

Everything was great! Nothing negative

We were traveling from Houston with car sick kids (2 yo twins and a 5 yo) it was a mess but the valet and concierge were super nice and helped my mom take the kids up to the room w the bags. Then another valet brought me rags, Lysol wipes and carpet cleaner and helped me clean the car. They were awesome and really went above and beyond. The hotel room was large and beautiful and the beds and linens were top quality (the best I've had in San Antonio, so far). They brought up warm cookies and milk for the kids both nights we were there. It seems like an adult type fancy hotel but they couldn't be more friendly with my kids. They also got us a carriage ride around the Alamo which was fun. It's not cheap but it's worth it if you have high standards or if you want something romantic. I'll be back with my husband for a real vacation at the spa, without the kids!! The location is also perfect, and not loud. Overall awesome experience.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Premier Double Room

Room cleaner forgot to restock toiletries. Minor in the great scheme of things!

Staff was so happy and personable! Being able to enter and exit from riverwalk was great. Food at pool and ostra was superb!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Premier Double Room

Valet parking was a little expensive

Room with the large whirlpool tub was wonderful! Staff was very helpful and attentive! We could not have asked for a better place to spend a relaxing weekend!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Premier Double Room

The spacious of the room and bathroom was a pleasant surprise. All The staff were friendly and attentive.... The bed and pillows were wonderful. Great restful refuge from the hectic river walk. We will return.

• Premier Double Room

Gorgeous and that it was on the river walk

• Premier King Room - Disability Access

The Bathroom was amazing fantastic service from the staff modern classy elegant surroundings throughout

• Premier King Room

Good location on the Riverwalk...convenient to everything. Excellent restaurant.

• Premier King Room

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff.

Na

I booked the room for my son & new bride’s honeymoon

• Premier King Room

Not having ice readily available because the refrigerator wasn't cold or cooling anything inside it

The cleanliness of everything

The view from our room

Everything but the view

• Premier King Room

Everything was good, learn, prime location

the bed comfort.

The Hotel Style!

• Premier Double Room

Staff knocked, then came right in. Didn't give enough time to respond. Luckily we were dresses.

• Premier King Room

Quiet. Nice restaurant and service.

Quite espensive.

Very central, on the riverwalk. Close to the conference center.

Parking

Staff was great, hotel was beautiful.

• Premier King Room

Beautiful room, friendly staff and very accommodating. Great location

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Premier King Room

Pool was small, but also never crowded.

The location on Riverwalk was perfect. Very friendly staff, super comfy bed! The hotel spa was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Premier King Room

Big room and excellent customer service

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Premier Double Room

Fact I did not get the river view room I requested

General ambience and service

• Premier King Room

The level of service was top notch.

• Premier Riverview Room – 1 King Bed

Bed was a bit hard for me, I didn't sleep well because of it.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful balcony view of the river!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Not much

Location. Right where you want to be.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Premier Double Room

Restaurant only served seafood and was almost empty.

The room, service, everything was first class.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Premier King Room

We liked everything about this property

Perfect location Friendly attentive staff

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Premier King Room

Not much to dislike. Great hotel

Awesome staff, very helpful

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

No complaints😀

Room was very clean and large. The tub was very nice. When we asked for the linens to be changed, they were done within an hour. 😊

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Premier Riverview Room – 1 King Bed

Too expensive. Cleaner walk into our room without knocking. No turn down or ice the 2nd night

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Premier Double Room

We wish that we had been asked about a river view room or other room combinations.

The bed and the restaurant were outstanding.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Premier King Room

Fantastic location! Great services and The spa is fabulous!

Everything!!!!!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Everything! Bath butler was an added perk!! Food superb! Fantastic experience

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Premier King Room

Still have not received my copy of the itemized bill from the Mokara

The excellent staff

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

No coed spa facilities. My husband and I would have liked to use the spa facilities together.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the complimentary coffee delivery each morning.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Our only regret is that our stay wasn't long enough.

This was by far the best hotel stay we've had...in every category. Kudos to the staff for being so nice, accommodating,and professional. They really excelled on all levels.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Entrance area was under renovation and smell of painting was present when entering lobby and even the elevators no matter which floor - clearly just a temporary issue.

Amazing location and great staff! Wonderful spa amenities and a great restaurant

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Not really a bad thing, but the lobby floor was being refinished, so it was a bit noisy when we arrived, but it never came to the other areas.

Luxurious accommodation with a staff that was warm and friendly. Spa was wonderful. Pedicures that were completely relaxing and hair stylists that really know their stuff. I can't say enough good things about their staff.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

Superb place to stay; facilities, location, friendly and very service oriented staff; Perhaps the finest small urban hotel we've experienced in the US

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice restaurant for both breakfast and dinner (did not have lunch there). The room was large and well stocked with excellent turn down service. Oversized jaccuzi bath and separate shower in the bathroom. Complimentary use of Spa facilities and gym.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2016

Wish we had a better view instead of the brick wall we had to stare at outside. But not a deal breaker.

Loved the jet bathtub and the glass shower. No shortage of hot water and the hot tub on the pool was fantastic. The food in the restaurant below was amazing as well. Bed was clean. You definitely get what you pay for here.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Although the property was fantastic, I feel it's overpriced considering you can get the same in other river walk properties

It was quiet compared to most river walk hotels. I felt it was a personalized experience

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

Price on Booking.com was 399, and I paid 566$ at the time of checkout including all taxes and valet parking. I wish there was more transparency. As we entered the room, the light bulb from the ceiling exploded on my fiancé;s head. Got away without any injuries but was upset because of that.

Spa was good. Roof top pool and spa were good. Check out was extended till 4PM from 12PM since we had spa appointments at the hotel. Complimentary breakfast was given,

• Reviewed: 30 December 2015

Clean and large room. Our view was of the wall, but not really there to gaze out the window. Check in was great, front desk was super nice and walked us to the elevator. Valet was warm and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

That nobody was helping the homeless.

I liked the whole place bottom to top. Rooms were very nice had a great view of the river walk. Staff was extremely nice and helpful never had any trouble getting anything done. Overall 5 star experience.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

The weather was poor, but not the fault of Mokara. Would have liked on-premise parking, but not possible.

Besides the great staff and comfortable setting, they went all out locating something important I left behind. The morning buffet was amazing!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

It was our wedding anniversary and we were told we'd have wine and cheese in the room. There was nothing :(

The room was spacious and the bathroom lovely.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

The service in the restaurant was slow. Buth then again it service was slow in every restaurant visited. Guess that's the difference in East coast.

Staying at this hotel was a delight. The staff could not have been more friendly, accommodating or professional. Ths location of the hotel is magnificient, right on the Riverwalk.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

That we didn't get a room overlooking the river like we had requested. They couldn't accommodate us in a room facing the river because they were booked. Our room was still very nice and all the amenities were fantastic!

The river walk can be quite busy and out stay at the Mokara was just exquisite!! The whole spa experience was divine and the restaurant is on the river walk. It was very clean and had a great aroma through out the hotel. The gym area was very neatly organized as well. Mini bar in room and snacks were a plus!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2015

The beds were a little firm, but I am used to sleeping on a memory foam mattress.

Mokara staff are always extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and kept up. It is very quiet which is amazing being right on the riverwalk! It was our anniversary and they upgraded us to a river view and complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted personally and professionally, all accommodations were above and beyond, many thanks for making this weekend so special.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

Comfortable bed, nice space to be in and location in downtown river walk perfect. My husband liked the fresh apples from the desk.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

Bed was uncomfortable

Great service, close location to RiverWalk.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Not much

Great staff. Perfect location

• Reviewed: 21 February 2016

Wonderfully friendly and attentive staff. Went out of their way to make our visit and comfort a personal priority.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

The fact that we had to leave was the worst:-)

The daily juice was great! and Erica in the Spa did a great job!

• Reviewed: 2 February 2016

Room was very clean every day. Additional comforts like slippers, robes, water bottles, turn down service were appreciated.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Location next to river walk, theater, and several restaurants. Room was spacious and elegant and the staff was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

Having to leave ?

Best part of the room was the bed The view from balcony And the service from front desk and velet

• Reviewed: 25 September 2015

great stay , excellent service, couldn't have been better.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

They cut the WiFi service off 3 hours before we checked out.

The staff was incredible as well as the location

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

The prices are very expensive!

The service was incredible and everyone kindly looked after us!

There are also 39 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.