Reviews of Hotel 414 Anaheim 3 stars

414 West Ball Road, Anaheim, CA 92805, USA

#13 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Other guests slammed doors and were loud when returning to rooms. Thin bedding, may need an extra layer of covers.

Great decor and newly renovated, the property is well kept. The staff was friendly and close enough to Disneyland to walk. Shower head & water pressure was amazing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Near to Disneyland. You can take the ART bus (directly outside the hotel) to Disneyland too. They change fresh towels EVERYDAY. Clean toilets and room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

How thin the walls were so we can hear a lot that was going on but not to bad!

I loved how clean they left our room after we would leave for the day. We came back to our beds well done and clean towels and floors !

Everything was wonderful, not a thing I’d change.

Staff was extremely helpful from the time I booked my stay to check in and finally to checking out. We will definitely return.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staff is so friendly and helpful. She gave lots of advices for visiting Disneyland and also gave us free upgrade to two queen size beds room. Incredible clean. Great location. Highly recommended.

I have nothing bad to say

Easily best quality vs. price in the area. Modern decor, very clean, spacious, and in an excellent location to watch Disney fireworks every night or walk to the park. Room was larger than expected, AC worked like a dream, great shower, comfy bed. The pool was well maintained also. Check in was super easy and my deposit was refunded very quickly. This is a very good model for a modern economy hotel.

No real coffee maker....just a dinky "one cup" at a time coffee bag. I went out and bought a real 5 cup coffee maker. I would not go back unless they install real coffee makers.

Good bed.

The bed was not the most comfortable and every time I moved to find a comfortable position the bed squeaking drove me crazy.

Everyone was so nice! We stayed for a trip to disneyland and this is just down the street! The bathroom was my favorite area- love the glass shower!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing was the door lock in the bathroom didn’t have one.

I like how clean the area is and especially the room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No breakfast/ should provide shuttle service to Disneyland we had to walk.

Floor clean/ clean towels, housekeeping and the water pressure was good

• Deluxe Queen Room

I found long black hair in the sink and on some of fabrics after the cleaning lady showed up. If you can get past that, then there really isn't anything wrong with this place.

The location is perfect for those who are going to Disney. 20 min walk away from the parks! 24 service, very modern, a perfect stay for anyone who doesn't want to stay on Disney property.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I just wish it was closer to disneyland. Though, a 15 minute walk isn't such a bad thing.

I very much liked the security in their key cards, their sheets, towels, handling of toiletteries, and air conditioning. This room was very much worth its price for the time of year I visited and the number of nights i stayed. I would definitely come here again when i have the time.

The beds are on the firm side looking at the bed it looked like it was a box spring with a pillow top mattress & on my husbands side of the bed there was a piece of the frame sticking out which is a hazard and could injure someone if they hit it with their leg. I did bring it up to the lady at the front desk before we left so that they can correct it. Another thing is the walls are very thin & you can hear your neighbors. So if you are a light sleeper this may not be the best place for you

I like how clean & updated the place was. It was down the street from The Mickey and friends lot which makes it easy to drive to and from the park. If you want to walk you are about maybe a 15 min walk. The staff was very friendly & accommodating. It’s a nice room just wish they had a more comfortable bed.

Jut an average hotel. The mattress was hard and the shower leaked water.

The staff was polite and responsive. The room was very clean and ready even when we arrived early for check-in. Walking distance to Disneyland.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When housekeeping cleaned our room, they did NOT. Just made the beds. Left only 2 washcloths for four people. Did not leave toilet paper, cups, coffee. We had to keep going to the front desk for what should have already been provided. This made The value loose some points. We only had the cleaning service one day, so it should have been excellent, since they basically had a day off from cleaning our room.

The front desk clerks we're really nice, professional, helpful. I would give all at the front desk 5 out of 5 stars.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed feels on the cheaper end and the pillows are soft but neither hurt my back. Points for having mattress protectors!

The location is within walking distance to Disneyland and the value for the price is great! The facilities/rooms/bathrooms are updated and clean. There is also a mini fridge and microwave which was a nice surprise, as well as, strong shower water pressure!

When we first arrived there was a very strong air freshener smell in the room. It was vert strong and overpowering. I would recommend to the owners/cleaning crew that they don’t use air fresheners like this. Luckily over the next few days it wasn’t as strong or noticeable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Because of the rain was a little scared going up and down stairs. Could use some grip.

Clean room and updated nicely. Really worth the money. The location is perfect. Staff were accommodating.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The man that checked us in was very helpful, however he made a political comment that I felt was inapropriate.

The room was very clean and close to Disney.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The walls are painfully thin. You can hear everything outside and the people upstairs walking around sounded like they were stomping, but I'm sure they weren't. We were able to hear everything, including private conversations and intimate moments. Which made for a very interesting stay.

Great location and very clean. Beds are very firm but the pillows were comfortable. Super close to the Disney parks and located near convenience stores and restaurants. There is a neighborhood Wal-Mart right around the corner.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t know it is a motel, once I entered property I thought “No ! Why I didn’t do enough research about property”. These guys have not posted external pictures of the property, smart ! But it is clean motel, all interior is brand new, so I was relaxed, stay was good.

Cleanliness. Distance to Disneyland is less than a mile.

One downfall was they were in the middle of construction and it was noisy in the morning, it was not that early but you would wake up to banging on the walls.

Excellent location, very clean, friendly staff, rooms are modern and remodeled

Clean, spacious and everything you would expect at this pricepoint.

Prime location walking distance to Disney. Nicest and mkst accommodating staff I exoerienced in the whole of the US. Highly recommend

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If I had to nitpick I was a little annoyed with the set up of the bathroom. Another hook or rack to hang a wet towel would have made a big difference and the counter space around the sink is very limited, but again this is nitpicking, just something to consider if you’re traveling with your family.

Our room was clean and comfortable and the location of the hotel was ideal with just a short walk to Disneyland. Let’s be honest, if you’re going to Disneyland you’re not going to spend a ton of time in your room. With that in mind, this room was more than adequate for our needs.

Booking.com is a Scam, all the way through the online booking process they quoted a price of $129.00 when booking completed price was $189.00 I will never book through booking.com and will warn everyone that they are a rip-off site.

Hotel was fine

A little noisy in the morning with construction

Clean, recently remodeled with modern fixtures. Bare bones room with comfortable bed. Convenient for theme parks

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Theres nothing we didnt like in this hotel. This is actually our second stay this year. With that being said, u already can tell that this hotel is one of the best around Disneyland.

The one i like the most was the water in the shower. Its like a waterfalls. Not like some places i've stay its pouring slow and less water. This one is the best. And as always like my last review from this awesome hotel back on summer, everything in this hotel is superb. Especially the Starbucks right next door and gas station where theres everything u need Meds, foods, etc they have it. The hotel's location is the best. Everything is very close to the hotel. Fast foods, shuttle bus to Disneyland everything is very close. This is definitely my Go To hotel in Anaheim. Thanks Hotel 414 with the birthday discounts as well. Best wishes.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Only thing i didnt like was the hidden charge of them holding 100 dollars for the room on top of paying before i got there for the first night.

I like how you get over 50 channels and also how they have bath wash for you. Alot of hotels dont have that.

it was a great place to live , nice staff , appreciating for customer as i requested them to provide me late check out. place is close to all facilities like groceries , resturants, disney parks... my only note is bit noisy as its located on main street.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lady on reception was so friendly and helpful. She even offered us some water bottles as the local shops had closed by the time we had checked in.

Friendly staff- my go to place when visiting the Anaheim area and going to Disneyland! Awesome AC system for those hot summer days, clean rooms and beautiful bathrooms.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

On one of the beds the springs made noise with every movement. Not bad enough to even complain.

Clean and modern. Although on a busy street, with air conditioning on noise was not an issue. Manager friendly and helpful. Starbucks 1/2 block away! About 3/4 mile from Disneyland; easy walk.

Wish it weren't over the freeway to get there. Wish it were closer to the other Disney hotel cluster. Didn't feel 100% safe walking to hotel after Disney. Shuttle not clearly listed. Also 100$ deposit not listed in description so they waived the fee for me.

Comfy warm bed. Clean. Nice bathtub! Nice staff.

Noises from outside. You could hear the cars passing by. There was no soundproof on the door and windows.

Bed was ok and really wide. Shower was great.

The soundproofing between floors was terrible, it seemed like renovated cheaply built apartments. The bed was very firm, firmer then most hotel beds. There was no available breakfast.

The bathrooms are really clean. It’s only about a 10-15 minute walk from Disneyland. It’s family ran. They’d only been at the place for a year when I was there and I was impressed with how well it was ran. It also smelled really nice. It wasn’t expensive and there was available parking. The property itself is small. They encourage limited water usage which is awesome.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately, on my first night of stay, I was awaken at 3:00 am by several guest talking outside my room door for about 30 minutes. I would have appreciated if the hotel staff had answered their phone when I called the office for assistance. I also who have liked having breakfast available during my stay.

I liked the location of the hotel. Within walking distance of several restaurants and stores. The room was clean and had hardwood floors instead of carpet. A plus if you have allergies. The walk in shower was roomy with good water pressure. The microwave and refrigerator came in handy for the leftover food from dinner.

the rooms need additional seating. the one 'office' chair was fine...but additional seating was needed as most people don't want to spend all their time in/on the damn bed. also an office type light on the desk would be useful.

there were no eggs! the bed was fine. the shower was exceptional. the room was a great value and very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No breakfast and no elevator.

20minutes walk from Disneyland. Can see the disney fireworks from the yard. The staff are very friendly. Worth the money.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were a little hard and out tv was on the small side but nothing we couldn't over look. We didn’t spend much time in our room anyway.

Our room wa very clean, our shower was extra clean and with great water pressure. Our room looked like it was recently remodeled and it was Great! The room also had a fridge and microwave.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There could've been a vending machine for soda water etc. somewhere on the premises. It also would've been nice in the bathroom to have a little shampoos and soaps etc.

Extremely clean. Awesome wood floors . The place has been refinished.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Women at front desk very rude ,,, told me they accept aaa so when presented card ( it's already taken off ,,,lies lies...bugs on floor ,, black mold in shower ...!stay clear no help for handicaps. See photos

Nothing ,,,,,staff very rude

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There needed to be a fan in the bathroom to draw out the moisture. The staff wanted the window to stay open above the shower and we were not really comfortable with that. There was mold on the ceiling.

The rooms were updated.

• Deluxe Queen Room

There aren't any vents in the bathroom, so we had to keep the bathroom window opened overnight after our showers.

We loved how spacious the bathroom was and how generous they were with the towels! Taco Bell was within walking distance from our room and there were many other restaurants that were ~5+ minutes away by car. The staff was great and they were always smiling whenever they greeted us, which helped set the atmosphere of their hotel. I booked a 2 night stay during the week so the neighbors were really quiet. I can't say how it is during the weekends though. Overall, I'm pleased with Hotel 414.

Bed was horrible,tv small remote didn't work, door of room would randomly swing open if I didnt close it like Thor,ac wall unit gave off strong mildew odor... just a waste of money avoid at all cost nothing more than a remodeled roach motel ..... avoid or be embarresed

Nothing at all

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had booked through booking.com and there was some sort of misprint on the price and I got an email stating I would have to pay almost $100 extra dollars for the stay. Because all of the other hotels in the area were booked I had to keep my reservations but I didn't feel it was right that I had to pay because of an error on someone else's part.

The staff was very nice and helpful and the facility clean and nice

• Deluxe Queen Room

Only issue was that the water from the shower took a while to heat up.

The lady at the front desk checking in greeted with a smile on her face and was very friendly. The single bed room was much bigger than expected. The bathroom was very spacious.

15min walking distance to Disney. Starbucks around the corner from Hotel. No issues with parking. Very pleased with stay. It's definitely a hidden gem.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Humid, ineffective air conditioner. Bedding on the mattress made you feel sweaty...along with the humid air conditioner, not a good nights rest.

Esthetics were great. Relatively short walking distance to Disneyland.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I would have liked better was for there to be a bigger TV in the room.

I did a lot of research on hotels/motels in the area and I just cannot see paying more than $150 a night to basically lay your head on a pillow each night. All I want out of a room is for it to have the basic necessities, comfortable bed, TV, hot shower with adequate water, look and smell clean, and be quiet when I'm sleeping. Hotel 414 is all this and more. The outside is small and not all that impressive looking but inside the luxuries await with clean updated rooms, wood floors, beautiful bathroom and shower with great pressure, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and comfortable beds. We only used the ART shuttle to Disneyland, which picks up in front of the motel, one day as I preferred the convenience of using Lyft. The shuttle comes every 20-30 minutes but doesn't stick to the posted schedule as they just keep running to and from Disneyland as needed. Since this location is so close to Disneyland you will be hearing the fireworks each night. We will be back the next time we are visiting in the area and will recommend to all our family and friends. Thank you.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I booked the hotel very spontaneously and arrived about an hour after booking. No problem at all. My room was ready for me, clean and I could check in immediately. Seemed currently renovated, very nice rooms, comfortable beds. Very quiet despite the highway being close by. Hotel staff was very friendly, everything was clean.

Nothing at all

My partner and I loved how its like 4min away from disneyland also, the staff member who helped us Aisha, was extremely helpful and super friendly really enjoyed my 2nd stay here. A 711 is also near by which is great, And the room was very clean. By far the best place to go when going to disney and not expensive !

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Would be nice to have a breakfast, but don't mind saving the money and just spending that money on a souvenir. Glad the room had a desk for computers and wi-fi! Made it easy to get work done. Thanks

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking space was just a little too small, but other than that everything else was great.

My family and I really liked the location, and friendly staff. We also arrived a little earlier and front desk person made it possible for us to check in earlier then check in time so that was a plus considering the fact that we had traveled for close to 9 hours already! We also really liked the housekeeping service😊

The only thing I didn't like was that at night you can hear everyone outside returning from Disneyland. You can park your car right outside your room so I could hear doors slamming, people talking etc... but because you're so tired from your day at Disney, I found myself falling asleep quite easily!

If you're looking for a cheap, clean hotel that's close to Disneyland, this is the place to stay. Ayesha who runs the hotel is very nice and helpful! The room is stylish and modern, very clean, the bed was comfy, and the pressure in the shower is amazing! The hotel is about a 15 min walk from Disneyland. I was there for 2 days and I walked to Disney on both mornings but at night I caught the #10 ART shuttle bus from Disney and it's less than a 5 min trip back. Overall, I was really happy with my stay, would definitely come back again!

• Deluxe Queen Room

A very friendly welcome and knowledgeable about the area for food and travel to Disney. We liked the fact it looked and felt newly refurbished and had no carpets. One of the cleanest motels we have stayed in.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The description on your website was completely misleading. We were going to stay two nights, but left after the first night. We were barricaded in the next morning because the proprietors "forgot" to tell us about a marathon!

The rating was over an 8 yet it was just a very old motel with a paint job. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. This motel was rated just a few tenths of a point less than the Marriott and Hilton's. I'll never take another chance on an "unknown" name.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

- what annoyed us ALOT was the thin walls. We could hear everything form neighboring room. One morning we even woke up because of the loud conversation (in Spanish) that was going on in the next room. - wifi speed was slow specially at nights - Smoke detector was low in battery and was beeping once we arrived. I got a new battery from the office and changed it. - The cleaning staff was 'moving' our stuff around while cleaning the bed (usually they are not supposed to touch guest's belonging and move them around!)

My wife and I stayed there for 5 nights. The lady in staff was very polite and helpful. We asked her to give us a room in the ground floor, since we had many luggage, and she was helpful. Room was clean and big enough for two. We were parking our car right in front of our room. The location of the hotel is close to the Disney resort.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It is a motel even though the name is Hotel 414. We were told there was a "shuttle" to Disney. The "shuttle" was a public bus. Staff rarely answered the phone when I would call.

The price was nice. Rooms were updated.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

nothing I didn't like.

bed was comfortable, room and bathroom were very clean, good tv channels, very spacious, great ac system, area was quiet. overall, great stay. would defiantly stay here again.

We sleep on a memory foam mattress at home support the bed was a little uncomfortable but otherwise the stay was great!

Staff was great and made our honeymoon awesome. Room was very clean and modern, newly renovated.

The bed is very stiff, but if you spend a whole day at Disneyland you won't mind. It's a little far from Disney, but it saved us money.

It's a 25 minute walk to Disneyland. The staff was really friendly and helpful. We arrived a little early so she transferred us to a room that was ready which was so nice. On the day of checkout she let us leave our car there while we went to Disneyland. It saved us so much time and money. The room has amazing A/C. The amenities are basic and fulfilled all of our needs .

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only thing was, every night upon returning, the parking spaces are almost filled up, and some are tight. We were there 6 nights.

Excellent location, right next to Disney! Very friendly!Nice modern new rooms!

Mattress was okay but box springs were too springy and lacking in support. Was honestly thinking of getting a board to place in between. Eventually our bodies got used to it and with all the walking at Disneyland/Adventure, we slept soundly. Needs more drawer space as the room only had two small but deep drawers.

Remodeled and stunning. Wonderful large glass shower with instant hot water that lasted forever and oh yes! perfect water pressure. Hardwood flooring and clean, clean, clean! Free parking and Starbucks a couple minutes walk away.

• Deluxe Queen Room

From the beginning even before arriving just when I called to confirm my reservation, the customer service was excellent. Upon arrival the the manager was so helpful with all the information I needed to be able to enjoy my day with my daughter, whom I was celebrating. From purchasing Disney park tickets, & shuttle tickets here so convenient. When we arrived to our room at 11pm from a day of celebration on my daughter's 6th bday may 14, we come in to a beautiful surprise of balloons, cupcake and even candles and matches. Our stay here made this first time Disney birthday Celebration even better and magical!!! Above and beyond customer service. So grateful!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The kids noise next door keep slamming the door. Too loud

Everything about the hotel and around it especially the fast foods, gas stations, starbucks and 7/11. Very close to Disneyland with shuttle bus next to it.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

nothing... everything is sooooo Good👍

Everything is Excellent^_^ i don't know that i lost my iphone until the manager gave back to me👍😄🙏 thank you so much😍

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds. We're aweful. This was the same feedback from my daughter, husband and myself. No vending machines for basics such as water.

Reasonable price, cleanliness, and services

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

i wish there was a pool or some recreational area on the property. The layout feels more like a motel (albeit a very clean and updated one).

The place was clean and furniture/appliances were updated. Modern bathroom, comfy bed.

The pool is not heated.

I got way more for my money than I had expected. Everything was so nice and clean.The staff was super nice and so was the room. I even got a downstairs room when I ask for it. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location was surrounded by local residents, so it seemed a bit not secure and noisy. Nothing happened in the end and was pretty quite once in side the room!

very clean, modern and well-cared facility inside the room.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

As a microwave was in the room, it would have been helpful if a few plates & cutlery were also provided.

Excellent location - only a 15 min walk to Disneyland & 10 min walk to Walmart, Subway Restaurant & McDonald's. The beds were comfortable. The staff were fantastic - friendly & helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was a very pleasant stay & good value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Better amenities, maybe add a vending machine for bottle water and such...upgrade soaps and shampoo

Very clean and quiet....great location, close to everything but still private

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Without doubt the best motel I ever stayed in in US!Modern design , brand new furniture,beautiful bathroom, no dodgy and smelly sheets, curtains and carpets, it was all impeccable and clean!With a microwave and coffee machine we could have our breakfast and sometimes even dinner in our room. Staff at the reception was extremely friendly, helping and always available, giving us useful tips about Disneyland that was only 10-15min walk away from the motel. Maids were excellent, attentive and smiling,providing always clean towels and replenishing coffee and amenities..Room was perfectly clean and smelling nice and fresh which for made us feel happy to go back to our room. We will be back for sure!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The bed was ok and the top sheet seemed to have some hair but it was easily cleaned. The only thing is the perfume they used as a scent was a little strong but did not smell bad.

The front desk lady was nice and it looked very professional. It was clean and good location. Right down the street from Disneyland and also there is some fast food and a Walmart neighborhood market near as well. The bathroom was very nice and clean as well even if it didn't have a lock we personally didn't care about that.

I'm going to preface my "negative comment" by saying these were "issues" I dealt with, but were manageable; I'm only mentioning them in the event the management reads reviews and are serious about making the place better. The bed was not terribly comfortable (very firm with little padding) and the microwave's rotating ring was broken so when using it required more manual attention.

Newly refurbished rooms - nice minimalist decor. I liked that there was a refrigerator and microwave, as well as free Wi-Fi and parking (!). The hotel is in walking distance to Disneyland. There was a small swimming pool, but never used it. Thankfully during our stay it was quiet too.