Reviews of Ambassador Inn 3 stars

#46 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

6.2

I don’t recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were not very nice - the hotel lobby smelled like mildew - the elevator was very small - the homeless people that approaching us constantly was unsettling - area seemed very shady & not safe.

The room was fairly clean,

Why do you give people wrong info, all the pictures on your...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Why do you give people wrong info, all the pictures on your website were deceiving,thanks god there was an ambassador hotel on the other side which I could upgrade to , still not the best but better than the inn which was like a dilapidated brothel, the hotel was a bit nicer and more comfy but not a good room service, satined carpets and coaches

We are planning to come back again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can't say nothing bad at all!

We are planning to come back again! Very comfortable and relaxed and no stress. Everything was wonderful. We loved it!

The system was down when we checked in so we had to wait 4...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The system was down when we checked in so we had to wait 4 hours to get in the room. We got stuck in the elevator and there was no phone in the elevator so I had to use my personal phone. I was also charged a 10 dollar parking fee. I will never stay there again nor I will recommend them to anyone else.

Over all great place, clean, comfortable and convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy toilet, room safe did not work, TV volume too low, cpyld not turn it up, had to park a long walk away from hotel.

Beds comfortable, clean room, water pressure good. Close to The Rave and Sobelmams.

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My tv's sound did not work. I called the several times and no one came to fix it. I asked for a wake up call and it was not done. All in all i would not recommend this hotel to anybody

Never again. My sister hates Milwaukee now because of Ambassador Inn.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was horribly noisy, couldn't sleep at all. Rowdy people were throwing parties in multiple rooms near us and drinking and screaming in the hallways for hours until almost 1AM. Called staff but they told us it was because of a nearby concert and didn't help. Room also made a lot of weird gear/machine noises. Walls were paper thin. TV didn't work properly at all. Called staff and told to "plug and then unplug the cable box" which we had to do several times before getting it to work at all and it would eventually fail again--we just gave up. If someone was running on the treadmill you could hear the belt whirring and every footfall. You could even hear coffee being made in the morning in the room next to us! Not sure if the walls were really even there. No staff was checking or stocking the morning breakfast area so everything was out.

Room service was fast and delicious.

6/10 review
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The maid, knocked on our door at 9am, when so got to the door vefore I could open it she said nevermind she would come back.... I thought what the he'll you already woke me up and I have until 11am. Grrr, there was also old yogurt in our fridge so obviously they dont clean and check things.

Great location to the venue

Downtown shuttle is nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room numbering was confusing, and staff mislead me (sent me to the second floor instead of third). Bathroom was partially clean on arrival. Items (soap, hair) was left from the previous guests. Breakfast was awful. Coffee was cold, really cold, like room temperature. Juices were more like water. Elevator got stuck on the third floor as I was going to the airport, and I was almost late (I was told it often malfunctions). The taxi was not called for as I requested - extra delay.

Downtown shuttle is nice. It was easy to get to Wisconsin Center and back. But some drivers always complained that they had to make runs to pick up people individually.

Overall a good stay, just wish the facility was better for what we had paid.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The neighborhood around the property was not great. Also the property had a weird smell to it...like a funeral home. It was also very obvious to both me and my partner that someone had previously vomited in our bathroom facility and the scent was lingering.

The only thing I liked about this property was the very helpful and kind staff that worked there!

It was ok. Nothing special.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV volume didn't go very high. We walked block to the Rave and were asked for money by 3 different "homeless"people. Didn't feel super safe walking.

Close Location to the Rave.

Pleasantly surprised. I would book again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The original building is old. The exterior is of classic construction and show the years. Not falling apart, but just a look back in time to another era. The neighborhood is a mix of poor, yet there are excellent entertainment and historical venues within walking distance. I would say my actual safety was ok, but my "radar" felt up just a little bit.

The interior of the buildings (both) were very clean and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room itself was very nice, larger than I expected, and clean! The bed, bedding and pillows were comfortable and of good quality. I thought for the price this was an excellent value!

Won't stay there again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Phone didn't work. Shower ceiling ready to fall down. Shower rod bent. Water went all over the floor. Continental breakfast was a joke.

Close to the casino!

I enjoyed the neighborhood.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Couple issues with the shuttle. We were in town for a Brewer game. Arrived at 3pm. Front desk let us know that shuttle picks up at 3:30 in front of adjoined hotel across the street. We arrived across the street at 3:20. No shuttle. At 3:30 the shuttle leaves from the side of the building and see us standing in front of building in our full Brewer regalia and keeps going. We shrug it off and decide to take Uber and then use the phone number that was provided by front desk staff to return from the game. After the game we call the number. No answer on first try. Try again five minutes later and Tom answers. Asked where the shuttle picks up and he asks "Didn't you take it to the game" Told him the situation and he proceeds to tell us we need to ask Miller park staff where he would pick up. He said he was busy driving. Unfortunately we were outside already and no staff were available. We went to two different bus parking stations and did not find anything. After 45 minutes of searching we took Uber back.......... If he could have just thrown us a bone where he would have picked up we would have gladly been there. We are from North Dakota and this was our first Brewer game in 10 years at Miller Park. Great experience at the game. Tom not so much. Thank you.

I enjoyed the neighborhood.

4.0
    not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First the building was old I can deal with historical building, but the carpet was dirty, it was dark. the elevator broke. no one cleaned my room in 2 days. no clean towels. It was a night mare. I would like to know how to get a refund. The breakfast was terrible and the coffee was watered down. I really don't mind paying for good service when it comes out to be good. I will not stay here again. I was so disappointed. I really trust in good accommodations with using booking.com I was disappointed.

Nothing, I booked the Ambassador, I got the Ambassador Inn.

I wasnt actually in the room a whole lot, so it was fine for the price

My room smelled weird

I really like the free shuttle The option to be able to use google chrome or an hdmi was nice (Couldnt get it to work with my phone though)

Enjoyed the building's art deco and the history/connection to the Ambassador Hotel across the street
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mattresses were well used. Some of the seats in the van were worn and needed repair.

Breakfast items were very fresh - selection good and more than adequate for continental breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful - appreciated the recommendations we received from Gina when we arrived. The shuttle service and the drivers were super. Loved the spiral staircase and the view of it in the lit corner glass windows - so pretty to look at from the outside. We didn't need the kitchen we had but it was well equipped.

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was tripled booked. We received our room keys upon arrival but decided to bring our belongings to the room later so we could do things in the city. When we returned early evening and carried our things upstairs, our room was already open with a wedding party inside. It took an hour to figure everything out including sending us across the street with all our things to find out that we had to go back across to our previous location for our room. The whole experience was just crappy and a downer to what was a great day. I will now pay a little extra to stay in a nicer hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful

Great Place To Stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast area could be larger.

The shuttle and the clean rooms. Also enjoyed the free continental breakfast. The bar at the Ambassador Hotel across the street was also nice.

4 thumbs up from this trio
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness...in my husband's eyes, I thought it was fine.

Our night time desk host(Jamin) was phenomenonal!! I watched him handle a few customers then, I let him take a phone call(that was on hold) she was being difficult and was confused. Jamin handled it with patience, and kindness...a real pro. I was talking to a manager (Gina) the next day to find out his name, to let her know of his excellent service, she told me he was relitively new...EXTRA kudos!!!!

Would not return......
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not clean and the elevated smelled of urine. Took the stairs after that. The hallway was dark and gloomy.

The staff was friendly and helpful with travel suggestions.

I didn't realize we were booked at the Inn so I went to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't realize we were booked at the Inn so I went to the hotel across the street - they gave me a complimentary upgrade to the hotel in a double queen room that was awesome!

Really appreciated the free shuttle to downtown area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needs general maintenance update -- the faucet and shower head in my bathroom were coming loose from the wall. The in room refrigerator did not work corretly -- froze all my food. Kind of risky neighborhood. I wouldn't walk the streets alone there at night.

Very convenient location to Convention Center. Free shuttle service was especially good. Quiet and comfortable beds. Decent breakfast for a continental, including hard boiled eggs. Desk clerk did give me a reduced rate at check out due to the problems I had with my room.

The bell hop was very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Inter net ad very deceiving. There was nothing said about our room would be across the street from the main building. There were no vending machines in the building we stayed in. There was a store close to the hotel but area was not very nice to be walking around at night,. There was area of the carpet in our room that was wet. No idea where that came from.

The bell hop was very nice.

Looking for a dirty Ganja hotel with no wifi or pool - this is the place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel allowed guest to smoke pot all through hotel....not great when staying with kids. Wifi was across the street so had one bar if you could connect. Breakfast was terrible and left out all night.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

4.5
    I didn't like that, I suppose to pay $136.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that, I suppose to pay $136.99 and when I checked my account. they took $181. So I don't have idea why. if I left everything ok.. So $181 just for one night! !!. It is too much. more when they don't tell me and just change the amount. So I won't stay there anymore.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

DO NOT RECOMMEND
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is a joke, they are all very rude and don't want to so their job. They have no customer service. Not willing to please the guest at all. Had an issue checking out. We encountered many inconveniences and had issues the whole stay.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Confused & Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First - lack of clarity / confusion with the Ambassador Hotel across the street caused us to be booked at the Ambassador Inn. Room was run down, smelly & cleanliness was questionable - including the bedding. Other guests appeared to have been at the Rave next door

bathroom had been updated & was in better condition that the bed / sleeping area

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I love how relaxed the environment is and how great the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel room was a little stinky when we arrived but it wasn't too bad. Just kind of stuffy

I love how relaxed the environment is and how great the staff is.

The service was amazing.

The road construction

The service was amazing. Great shuttle service. The best staff I’ve ever met. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The view was a littlletter miserable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The view was a littlletter miserable.

Awesome Sauce

Everything was perfect! Coming back in October

Stay was ok except for construction

All the construction

Shuttle to game

Over charged me

Over charged me

Price goes up during certain local events.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price goes up during certain local events. Neighbors were really noisy and hallways smelled of weed.

Horrible. 1970s hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place is a dump. Do not be fooled. The Hotel is across the street and the price is the same.

The friendly staff.

Update the style

The friendly staff.

Fair place for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

could be a little cleaner and touched up

I liked my view in my hotel room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I liked my view in my hotel room.

The concert hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Free breakfast - was given the wrong times for breakfast and everything was gone.

Close to The Rave, stayed for a concert.

Close to the Rave.

Close to the Rave.

Walking distance to the Rave.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Old, not updated and dirty. Breakfast sucked.

Walking distance to the Rave.

As expected

Need more pillows

Very clean

Will never recommend or stay there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good drunk crash spot after red fang
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It snowed..not the fault of the inn at all.

Very close to concert venue.

The room was extremely HOT with no thermostat control.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was extremely HOT with no thermostat control. The food in the breakfast room was empty and the staff did not replentish

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Close to the Rave

Needs to be updated

Close to the Rave

Ok for one night just to crash.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sheets kind of dirty. Stains on one set of sheets.

Friendly staff. Parking lot on site-free parking.

Close to attraction

Hard to find parking esp when there are events, parking has a fee $10/night

Close to attraction

Affordable and inviting
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Closeness to venue we were attending

Very dirty room we couldn’t stop sneezing so we changed...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very dirty room we couldn’t stop sneezing so we changed rooms and the same problem

I would never stay there again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place was not what it looked like in the pictures. The sheets were not crisp, the room was small, the food wasn't plelntiful.

great price and clean room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room lighting. Also no vending machine to buy water.

Price was good. Location to Marquette was a short walk.

Thought we were at the Ambassdor, the Inn is NOT a nice little alternative!! Never again!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room looked grungy, smelled bad, TV didn't work

Free shuttle to Irish Fest

Close to miller park
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle service takes forever Crappy neighborhood

Close to miller park

Needed a bed close to the ballpark it was fine
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The creepy elevator. Lots of scratches on walls and doors

It was no fuss

Worst place in America

Worst place in America

Needs to be updated.

Outdated

Needs to be updated.

beds were comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

no tissue paper, very noisy, stale breakfast items

beds were comfortable

BAd ambience .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

BAd ambience ...sad breakfast ...no water in rooms ...badly lit rooms ...not good internet

The staff was very friendly and helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They had shuttle service to restaurants and Other locations in the area.

The staff was very friendly and helpful

They over charged by $60 and refused to refund.

They over charged by $60 and refused to refund. Poor management.

Poor breakfast and noisy rooms

Poor breakfast and noisy rooms

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Close to The Rave / Eagles Ballroom
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

dead fruit flies on the window sill

For concerts at The Rave / Eagles Ballroom this is the closest possible spot. One block away.

A great place to stay in Milwaukee - easy travel, great staff, really good food.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom is a little small.

Spacious room, comfortable beds - really nice and clean, great dining room.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Ok for a little sleep

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Would not recommend
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

it was expensive and the facilities did not match the price. I have stayed in nicer motels and this was false advertising.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Great room for the price !

Breakfast was ok.

Proximity to concerts very nice and shuttle service was great.

Issues with heat

Issues with heat

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Shuttle service was helpfull.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle service was helpfull. The receptionist was awesome.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

This property needs to be updated. It seemed a little run down to me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property seemed a little run down to me.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Staff lovely. Convenient to city attractions. WiFi awful. Breakfast room only four chairs

WiFi Breakfast Breakfast Room

Convenience

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

I liked the full kitchen.

I didn't like how all the silverware wasn't clean, glasses were cracked and the floor was all full of stick stuff in the kitchen.

I liked the full kitchen. The beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Awesome location, we were here for a concert at the...

Parking was limited, but it was free, so not bad overall.

Awesome location, we were here for a concert at the Rave/Eagles Club and it's right down the street.

There are also 72 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.