Reviews of Ambassador Hotel 4 stars

2308 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA

#16 of 52 hotels in Milwaukee

• Queen Room

It was a bit more pricey for one evening than expected; Especially when you have to factory in a parking ramp charge, no guest fridge for personal use or free breakfast.

I love the historicalness of the building itself and the feeling of being back in time as soon as you walk in the doors. The location of the building itself, at least for our visit this time around, was perfect as well.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room we had, had an adjoining room door. We had an incident where loud people were in the room next door. We reported it to the staff and they came up and talked to the guests next door. After the staff left the rowdy guests tried to gain access to our room through the adjoining door.

Location to downtown and attractions. The staff was amazing and took time to answer our questions. Definitely going to use this hotel again. Room size was amazing and amenities were on point. The restaurant inside the hotel had great food for a great value.

• Deluxe Room

Near Marquette; lots of noisy college kids staying at hotel.

Great location and nice rooms! Convenient for downtown Milwaukee, Brewers and Bucks, and access to the highway.

• Queen Room

That we were on the 5th floor lol I heard about the Jeffrey Dahmer thing after we stayed....a little creepy but it was fine

Comfy bed, clean washrooms, nice shower

• Queen Room

We enjoyed the bar and $5.00 appetizers. we were told about happy hour at check in, that was great, because we probably would have gone somewhere else.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom was nice, however, the toilet was a little too small, like it was for a child only.

The room was big and clean. Parking was easy. Location.

• Deluxe Room

I was charged $7.50 for a protein bar that we didn’t even eat. My daughter did get a $3 Twix bar but we were overcharged. Didn’t realize until we had left. Don’t even touch the minibar.

• Deluxe Room

I must have missed the portion on parking fees while booking reservation. Was charged $20 for overnight parking in the parking structure, would have liked that more out in the open while booking reservation. Past that no complaints.

Classic hotel with modern appeal. Great food, great service, and great Manhattan at the lounge (Gin Rickey). My wife and I enjoyed our first stay at the hotel and would recommend the Ambassador to anyone staying in the Milwaukee area.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very impressive interior vs exterior-location was fine-parking was well lit and within walking distance to main entrance-we were there for a Bucks game and will definitely look to stay again!

• Deluxe Double Room

The $20 parking fee per vehicle was a blow since we drove in separately.

Beds were very comfy, hotel was very Gatsby-inspired and such a wonderful way to spend a romantic evening with my partner. The holiday decorations were lovely and not too much for the space. Loved it!

• Deluxe Room

There was blood on our sheets that they left there when we called guest services they handed my wife the sheets and told her she had to make the bed I didn't let her do it I called guest services they said they'd send someone right up and no one ever came we made our own bed cuz it was 2:30 in the morning when we checked out I told him the issue they knock 20 bucks off our parking I will never stay there again and I will tell everybody about the situation

The shuttle service to events

• Deluxe Room

No mini fridge in the room. You have to rent one.

Room was clean. King suite was spacious. Beware not taking anything out of the minibar fridge. You will automatically charged.

• Queen Room

It is a older property but very well taken care of, although our room was a little musky, but not to complain about

We order room service and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. IKE was awesome! The shuttle driver was very helpful.

• Deluxe Room

We tried to checkin early and where unable too.the staff was accommodating though trying thier best to get us in early. We had a wedding to get ready for by 3. We did get our room. But only had an hour to spare. The bartender was great also giving us a fantastic tip on the best German food in Milwaukee!

Loved our room and the history of this hotel. Comfy bed! Keurig...big windows. Lots of seating and a couch.

Cheaper parking.

This hotel is a restored historic property with some very amazing original fixtures and other decorative items. The elevator doors are almost worth the price of admission. If you like Art Deco with a serious dose of Egyptian elegance, this is the place for you. And if you like really large rooms, sign up.

• Deluxe Room

Seemed to be a shady neighborhood with a nice hotel. Being from out of town we could not locate where the shuttle was to pick us up. It was not by all other shuttles and buses. We ended up spending $45 on a cab for 2 people. The shuttle was the reason we booked with this hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Mostly loved hotel, but area surrounding hitel is somewhat marginal. Nice that they offer a shuttle to downtown area.

Hotel decor and size of rooms was phenomenal. Nice bar but limited evening menu for food. Wait staff was friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Housekeeping knocked on the door at 8:20- forgot to put do not disturb sign on door. 20.00 parking. Although, you had reassurance your car was safe in the covered garage. The hotel room minibar- each time an item is moved your card is charged until they verify if items were consumed- would stay again just never touch the minibar -not to be used as a fridge. 😊The credit was provided back within 3 business days.

I liked the Art Deco decor and history. The beds were super comfortable and the lounge was nice. The shuttle driver- Santiago- was very friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

I wish we would have known when booking that parking was $20 per night. It wasn't that big a deal but a surprise when we arrived.

We loved that it felt like modern travel back in time. All the original details from the 1920's were so cool to see. My 6 year old really loved it!

• Deluxe Room

They took my money early, were not helpful, laughed at my boyfriend when he confronted them about our issues, gave us a one bed when we ordered two, all around terrible experience.

Service was bad,a mistake was made on my reservation. I had my confirmation with all my details yet I still had to return after my event to correct things as the personnel would not handle it at checkin. Then I was over charged, quoted one priced and charged a lot more.

• Deluxe Room

The kitchen closed at midnight. Would be great if even a limited snack menu was available as long as the bar is open.

I appreciated the shuttle service to Miller Park. I made reservations as recommended, as guests were simply getting on and it over capacity. Brian made sure that guests with a reservation were given priority.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

There is little not to like. My one concern is the parking deck that is a bit removed from the hotel, and could use a bit more lighting as it is unattended.

The overall Art Deco décor of the hotel is fabulous and brings to mind an era of grace and comfort not found in many modern structures. Service is wonderful. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very comfortable, and the bed was absolutely dreamy. The restaurant food offerings are tasty and pleasing to the eye as well.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Queen Room

The temp in the room was hard to control. It was really cold then really hot. We have stayed here before and had no issues. Most likely just something wrong with this room.

Staff was great. Location was perfect for the show we went to.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

Housekeeping forgot drink glasses in the bathroom and the complimentary slippers. During breakfast we had to remind our server twice that we wanted more coffee.

I liked having a bar area in the hotel. I liked the art deco interior. I liked having in/out parking privileges.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The area in a way idk a homeless guy asked for cash just a bad neighborhood that's all really beautiful hotel though

Everything was amazing room was clean! And bigger than expected

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Really bad neighborhood. Near by stores have armed security guards. Panhandlers are very aggressive. Don't go out after dark.

Great theme hotel with well appointed, clean and very comfortable rooms. Good food and service at the hotel's bar and grill.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Queen Room

It had alot of art deco decoration which was nice. The Deco Deli was nice and the food was very good. The bar also was very good with some old fashioned drinks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle was also a nice feature.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

Didn't have a laundry bag. Wish kitchen were open until 11:00pm.

Loved the old building and decor. Not your standard hotel room. Spacious room. Really liked having two sinks, one in the actual bathroom and another outside in dressing area.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The cable TV only provided a few channels however, we were able to go to the bar and watch the ball game we could not watch back in our room. The mini-bar items are too expensive.

The food at the Envoy restaurant was excellent and the staff was very friendly\helpful. We used the free shuttle service to take us everywhere (Harley Museum - Miller Brewing- Miller Park - Ale House) and bring us back to the hotel. What a great service!! We hung out at the bar a few times and that was fun too.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The front desk was rude. There were no fitted sheets on the beds in the hotel. The flat sheet did not cover the mattress entirely and it was gross thinking of sleeping pretty much directly on the mattress. We paid a premium for the room and it was a horrible night's sleep.

The chambermaid was very helpful. The shuttle service was useful.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

door to toilet area was difficult to open and closet door was on a spring so difficult to get clothes in and out. Both of these were minor inconveniences.

very large well appointed room

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Queen Room

The bartender was super helpful as we got back after the kitchen was closed. She provided us with a menu of a place that delivers after midnight which was great. The room was very nice and they had a great selection of pillows!

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Queen Room

Woman at front made us paranoid about taking the shuttle to summerfest. She also wouldn't let anyone check in until 4:00 on dot. Queen bed was more like a double.

Lounge & bartender were nice, and the food was good.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

Nothing. Great service and room.

Our room was big and comfortable. The staff was excellent and friendily. This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in Milwakee.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Should have asked for softer pillows, they were hard. They have a pillow menu on the desk. Parking should be priced at $5 to $10.

The 1920's ambiance is really neat. Breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

I was disappointed that there was leftover coffee in the coffee pot from the previous day. :(

Bed was comfortable but I've slept in better. Still overall comfort of bed was very good. room was very spacious and we really enjoyed having the couch with coffee table.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Room

dirty plates from prior guest left outside room entire duration of the stay. Had to stand in a tube of water after my wife used shower because the bathtub was not draining.

large room, comfortable bed, starbucks in building

• Deluxe Room

Nothing I didn’t like the elevators were a little different still no negative experiences too recalll

The location was prime motivating factor.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Ambassador is an elegant, old school hotel that takes you back a century in time.

• Deluxe Room

My room was located above the entrance. Everytime the door opened I could hear the noise from the motor. Very annoying at 5am to say the least.

24 hour room service

• Deluxe Room

Can't thing of anything I did not like

The 1920's charm and overall atmosphere Room was spacious and very comfortable

• Deluxe Room

Room was comfortable and quiet. Food offered at the hotel was excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

My truck windows were smashed in in their secure parking lot not so secure

Already Great

I 💘 that Hotel

• Deluxe Room

Tub was all backed up. Bathroom was very dated and small

• Deluxe Room

We could have used extra blankets for sleeper sofa.

Close proximity to the Rave great rates.beautiful art deco design.

No free complimentary breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Still have not received a receipt, and feel we were charged more than we were quoted.

Parking to pay extra

great staff, wonderful beds

$20 parking fee I wish you had a smoking lounge it was -4° outside

Great bartender at Gin Rickys

• Deluxe Room

The beds are super comfortable and the rooms are very clean. The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel at home.

• Deluxe Double Room

Bedroom was big and beds really comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

Within walking distance of concert venue. Very friendly staff.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel room was huge. Close to downtown but not exactly walkable. Very clean nice hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Art Deco style hotel was very different then other places I stayed

Beautiful

• Queen Room

Nice old style hotel with several food options

• Queen Room

Pillows wonderful.. place beautiful clean staff very kind room was fantastic

• Deluxe Room

We would not stay there again as it is not a good location and their shuttle service was totally lacking!

• Deluxe Room

A bit small no cabinet space

• Queen Room

Breakfast was outstanding and staff genuinely happy and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

The location was good but bordered a not-so-good part of town.

Beautiful old/renovated hotel. The free shuttle was fabulous.

• Queen Room

Rooms could have been larger for what I paid for.

Weak WiFi signal.

Very comfortable and clean.

• Deluxe Room

Thea is very dicey, especially at night!

The room was very nice

• Deluxe Room

The neighborhood is not the greatest.

Historical and clean.

Transport services took over an hour to pick us up & restaurant was under construction

The room

Elevator was slow

Cool old building

• Deluxe Room

The Tv was way to low at first.I called for maintenance,took a little to long to come.

The bed was really comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

They didn't tell us about the extra cost for the parking facility. Also I wasn't aware of the charges for the mini bar.

• Deluxe Room

Restaurant and bar were closed for renovations

Big rooms

• Deluxe Double Room

Restaurant and bar under construction

Art deco, large rooms, comfy beds and linens, free shuttle around town

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

The location could be better but it's still easy to get around anywhere.

Large room, it felt very luxurious.