Reviews of Aloft Philadelphia Airport 3 stars

4301 Island Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153, USA

#43 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

• Aloft King Room

Paper thin walls, I could hear music from one side and snoring from the other. There was blood on the fitted sheet. Someone walked in the room very early in the morning.

The check in woman was very nice.

• Aloft King Room

the air conditioning needs to be better. the room was freezing and the air wouldn't cut off even with the thermostat in the off position. no free breakfast

Staff was excellent and the room was clean.

• Aloft King Room

The location has nothing around it. It is about 20 minutes from all the attractions downtown. You will have to drive or Uber.

The hotel is clean and the staff was great

• Aloft King Room

Not so great if you do not have a car. There is nothing to walk to other than the restaurant at the four points Sheraton. They did make up for that with providing menu from decent restaurants that delivered, but might’ve been nice to be able to walk somewhere close.

Great staff! Very Helpful and knowledgeable about the surrounding area and neighborhood!

• Aloft Double Room

If you're planning on exploring Philadelphia it is not the right location unless you have a car. Overall it was good hotel but it wasn't a full service hotel which got us shocked because they don't provide everything to you and there is no room service. So be prepared

• Aloft King Room

There was a $50 security deposit fee charged to my card that I wasn't informed about. The location.. I drove in from Jersey and don't care that it's by the airport...it's a 20 mins drive from the city center (not horrible). The bedroom side lighting is a bit too dark. The pool was very foggy looking as if it was warm but the water was actually cold...uh dirty maybe ? Oh and there was hair in it too. I just dipped my feet.

This is my first time staying at an Aloft and I loved the look/vibe. The pool table and bar in the lobby makes it feel very lively. The shower was my favorite part of the room. The bed was comfortable. The pool has adult hours from 9pm-11pm, which was a first for me. They offer a complementary 1 hour check out if you request it. We didn't pay for parking even though the description says it's $12 a day (Yay).

• Aloft King Room

The shower was very very slippery and I fell and hurt my wrist pretty bad. Also the bathroom door did not work to close. I called they told me their was nothing they could do. The location of the ice machine is awkward and only on the main floor. So when wanting Ice I had to cross over the 4th floor and come all the way downstairs just for ice and the elevators are slow.

I liked the layout of the room. It was nice and the location of the hotel to the airport was great. The staff were very helpful to me when I left a key.

• Aloft King Room

Allergy to feathers and they forgot to take the feather pillows out of my room and got really sick, the shower was freezing cold and there was no hot water, and the staff was talking badly about me behind my back to my partner. Paid $12 for parking just to leave the hotel and eat at a diner and come back.

• Aloft King Room

Booking advertised as free breakfast included, and this wasn't the case. Rooms were a lot smaller than I thought they would be and the bed was not very comfortable.

The staff was friendly and helpful

• Aloft King Room

Bathroom was not so clean.

Staff was very friendly. Bar was pleasant. Rate was good and proximity to airport excellent. Shuttle to and from airport.

• Aloft Double Room

The only thing that I wish I could change is them not providing free breakfast. Other than that, there's nothing bad to say about this establishment.

The staff are always so warm and welcoming! Very clean facility, the rooms are lovely and spacious! I can go on and on!! This is my favorite hotel to stay at

• Double Room - Disability Access

The strip on the shower door to keep the water from leaking onto the floor was not fully attached so there was water on the floor after every shower.

The bed was comfortable and the view was spectacular on the upper floors.

I didn't like that we had to wait a while foe the janitor to take the vacuum out of the pool for my kids to swim.

I love how the staff was very welcoming and had all the answers to my questions. The room was beautiful and the bed and pillows were oh so comfortable. Im so glad the clock was a Bluetooth speaker because it saved me money on going out to purchase one for the kids to listen to their music.

• Aloft King Room

usually there is a nice group of customers at the aloft hotels.... this was the first I was very displeased with the client

Aloft is usually my first choice for a hotel. I like the contemporary setting... I also like their is a gym and pool at every location without fail...

• Aloft Double Room

I requested a high floor room...I was put on the first floor. It was noisy all night. There were bugs in the hotel that I took videos of. My room wasn’t fully cleaned when I checked in there was hair in my sheets I had to get housekeeping to come and do a complete bed change. My pillows were dirty and stained up. The toilet had hair on it as well. Overall I was not satisfied with my stay here and probably won’t return or recommend this establishment to anyone.

The location of the hotel was the best part

• Aloft King Room

Breakfast was weird. I am sure 20 somethings would love it but no thanks. Common areas and elevators were dirty both times we stayed. More attention to getting these areas vacuumed would be good. No ice machines. I don't want to have to talk to someone to get ice. My wife and I were outside our room enjoying a cocktail after a long day of travel while our kids were falling asleep. We were being very quiet. Security guard on a power trip rudely told us to get back in our room. I was too tired to argue with him but that was uncalled for. We wouldn't stay there ever again for THAT reason alone and I will be telling all my friends with kids to avoid this place at all costs.

Shuttle was perfect. Loved the park and fly option. Solid bar with a Happy Hour. Rooms were great.

• Aloft King Room

There was no food at the bar and the walls were paper thin so we heard kids running up and down the halls the whole time. Someone walked into our room but thank god we had the bolt down

There was a bar and the room was big and comfy

• Aloft King Room

Perfect option located near the airport and a short drive from downtown. Spacious, comfortable rooms, friendly staff and good facilities made for a wonderful stay.

• Aloft King Room

The receptionist at the front desk was very pleasant. However there was a male employee who looked at me very funny and didn’t greet me but because of the receptionist who checked me in I didn’t pay him much mind. I believe her name was Nikki. I really enjoyed her personality. The room was great very neat and housekeeping were very friendly. I will definitely rebook with them again. I also loved that they had a gym there as well. I really loved the way the bathroom was setup.

• Aloft King Room

No accessible stairs upstairs to rooms, only had elevator. stairs were only for fire escape.

The bed was amazing to sleep on, I never wanted to get up.

• Aloft King Room

Parking on website says $10. Was over $14. Not a big deal but wrong info on website. May make someone else more upset.

After reading reviews, I saw that the hotel smelled pleasant. Sure enough that was one of the first things my husband noticed about the hotel and room. Which of course made me smile! We didn't notice any smells of pets which is awesome. The beds were comfy and pillows were awesome! Slept amazingly after going to the Eagles Playoffs! After an exciting night, we got plenty of rest! Thanks for the cherry on top of our trip! Great price! Awesome comfort! Great location!

• Aloft King Room

The entrance area was trashy, it smelled like weed. Check in did not go smoothly and everything just had a layer of dirt. In the room the bed was dirty and shower had zero warm or cold water. It was burning hot. It was painful to shower sometimes.

The bed was nice and the heat worked well for the weather.

• Aloft King Room

Our room (on the 4th floor) was very noisy. We could hear everything (yep, I mean everything) that was going on around us and outside. Bummer because we really liked everything else about the hotel, but will not return due to the noise and not being able to sleep.

Excellent front desk staff. Warm, clean, comfortable and modern lobby with ample areas to sit privately or with a group. Comfortable and clean rooms.

• Aloft King Room

There is nothing I can say that I didn't like. Everything was fantastic!

Each time I stay at the Aloft the service is superb, from shuttle service to cleaning staff. Facilities are always clean and the breakfast food was superb.

• Aloft King Room

The parking situation is a little inconvenient. You get a ticket every time you come and go - which then needs to be validated at the front desk before you leave. If you come and go a lot, this can be a frustrating process.

The staff were wonderful and accommodating of any requests. I would also highly recommend if you are traveling with pets. The rooms are easily accessible and quiet. We didn't hear any barking and the room was nice and clean when we arrived.

• Aloft Double Room

Could hear all of the traffic from I-95 from our room, was not a hindrance on us whatsoever though.

Hotel was clean, room was very comfortable, large beds, large room,

• Aloft King Room

Front Desk employee was alright when I first checked in on the night of 12/17. She failed to mention the check out time or that we needed a parking pass. The Front Desk employee in the morning (12/18) tried to charge us $95 for a lost key when it wasn't even lost - we just left it in the room like any other regular hotel when you check out. She was not helpful at all.

Low price and extremely close to the airport

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Aloft King Room

Wish they had other another option for dining. Hotel restaurant suggested.

Very friendly staff, from the shuttle service to checkout. Ed, Nikki and Earlene were great!

• Aloft King Room

Bathroom near front door, smh Rooms too small, I usually have more space. Didn't know I was getting a shower, instead of tub. No restaurant, more of a lil store . Micro in lobby, inconvenient.

Strong firm soft bed. Cute shower. Decorations. Nice staff at front desk. Quietness.

• Aloft Double Room

Automated message made it confusing how to call the shuttle. The reservations team misinformed me about the shuttle so then i was waiting and NO ONE was in route until i called again. It was cold so 20 minutes felt like an hour.

The staff were amazing! Especially Angel and Nikki whom were very warm, personable and provided recommendations when I needed. Another young lady also helped me get a taxi.

• Aloft King Room

Front desk person was so nice and friendly when we checked in and she even remembered us and why we were there (since my son told her when we checked in). When we returned from the event the next day she remembered us again and she even asked my son how he did at his competition that day. She also recommended where we could grab a quick breakfast that morning.

• Aloft King Room

i dont think that the rooms were very spacious they were very small i also didn't like the fact the the bar stated that the would be open until 12 and they just made up there own time to close we went out for dinner came back around 11 and the bar was closed by 1125 they stated that if the bar wasn't busy then they closed early which i dont think is far to other guest. I also didn't like the fact that they charge 3 dollars for a 16 oz sod and if you want ice you have to ask someone that works there that you want ice and they go in the back and get the ice for you. You also have to pay for parking which wasn't included when we booked the iron didn't work the air worked when it wanted to and the entire time we were there the phone in the room didn't work so i had to literally walk down stars to speak to someone at the front desk when i needed assistance this experience was just OK i spent 355.74 for 2 nights and i have had a better experience when i stayed at a hotel for 80 dollars a night this was not a great experience for me being my first time in philly the only good thing i can say is that the staff was very friendly ill give them a 10 bc they cant help the other things but the hotel ill give them a 4.4

• Aloft King Room

Shuttle ride from airport to hotel was harrowing. No seat belts on van and very aggressive driving. Somehow I had overlooked the fact that breakfast was not included. Instead there were various refrigerated and frozen options as well as cereal, pastries, snacks, etc. that could be purchased. There was a super automatic espresso machine like we've seen as part of the breakfast in Europe (WMF) but a single espresso from the machine was $3.50 and other beverages more. But more than the disappointment with breakfast was our discomfort with the mechanical upkeep of the room. The AC/temp control device gurgled all night long. It sounded like roiling water. We could change nothing to make that stop. And the drain at the bath sink was slow and made a "ploing, plying, plying" sound for at least 1 minute after the last visible water had drained.

Very stylish decor and public area downstairs was fun. We took advantage of the half price Happy Hour drinks at the bar. Room design is innovative and efficient. We loved the long upholstered bench that could be used for seating or for luggage.

• Aloft King Room

Public transportation to and from the city was expensive and difficult to secure.

The evening hostess was a delight. Very personable and helpful. The property was quiet and private. Accidentally booked the airport location which is perfect if flying but remote if you are attempting to enjoy the city.

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff was amazing, we had a technical problem that they made right. I complemented the manager. It is a clean hotel, close to airport, with nice size rooms,. Bar and lobby were upscale with modern decor and a wonderful friendly bar tender. I give Aloft a 10 out of 10.

The towels at the swimming pool were very scratchy.

The service and courtesy of the Aloft Hotel staff was exemplary, especially Nikki at the front desk, who went out of her way to help solve a crisis with a grandchild's broken shoe, when faced with the stress of other customers waiting in line. Also I would like to compliment Jamie at the reception desk for her cordiality and attentiveness to our needs. Our family enjoyed the contemporary decor, and the children loved the pool!

• Aloft King Room

The covers were a little dirty. I was able to tell that there was some type of bed bug problem in the past.

The property was very conveniently located. The staff was nice and informative. I really liked the hotel design.

• Aloft King Room

The site told me it was a few 100 feet of Citizen's bank park, it was at least 3 miles away, the room design was strange making it hard for privacy in the bathroom, bar closed Sat earlier than posted.

The bar and pool table in the lobby, the staff was wonderful and there was an area that you could buy snacks 24/7.

• Aloft Double Room

I had a great time I needed a get away and this was it very friendly and clean I want to come back again would recommend this place to friends and family pool was never crowded thank you for a great stay

• Aloft King Room

The broken air conditioner. Unprofessional manner of front desk and bar tender ripping us off. I think he built in a sizable tip. Pool area over chlorinated to point we could only stay in there for a few minutes as it burned my sinuses. Noise, Noise, and more noise. In addition to People partying in room across from ours there was noise in halls. I had asked for a quiet room.

The air conditioner was broken and we tried to turn it off but it wouldn't so it rattled so loudly it was hard to sleep. The people across the hall from roon 411 at Philly Airport Aloft were partying to late hrs of the night and we had a 6am plane to catch requiring us to be up at 4am. Security visited there room at least twice. I don' on a menut know if they were ever evicted but I do know from my fitbit that I slept 1 hr at best. I tried ear plugs and everything but I was afraid I wouldn't hear my phone alarm so I slept little. The front desk people seemed only mildly concerned. I really felt this hotel felt more like a college dorm than a hotel. I have never had a worse experience. I have never stayed at a hotel where people walk around in halls with alcohol outside bar area as well as in halls and management does not do much. I can say that I will never stay at an Aloft hotel ever again. $172.00 down the drain. To top it off we were ripped off in the bar. Told we were getting a happy hr price for a glass of wine before we went in to town for dinner and it was $15.00 a glass. We had no way of knowing because prices are not provided to the customer. No transparency at all. Security was nice and bed was comfy but it didn't matter with all the noise.

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff. We had issues checking in, even though the room was prepaid. We were quite dissappointed with nearly everything. Not staying here again.

The location was good, and it was helpful that a shuttle is provided.

• Aloft Double Room

You had to wait to get into the pool because of the young kids I think the time should be a little earlier for them to leave the pool at 9 adult time should start 7 or 8 and parents should be made to supervised their kids while their in the pool kids was throwing towels in the water

Everything thing was beautiful

• Aloft King Room

Not that I didn't like anything with the actual hotel, but there was a lot of activity in the lounge and pool areas. Must have been a large group in town and were all staying at the hotel so they pretty much took over all the amenities, so it kind of put us off that night. However the next day I think they may have left so we were able to enjoy it. Other than that I am definitely coming back and recommended it to my friends and family that stayed at another hotel nearby that same weekend.

Stayed for 1 night needed something close enough to the city. Got a much better deal by staying here than any other hotel in the city. Great service as soon as i walked in I was greeted by the front desk staff. Accommodated us with early check in as i had requested in the notes when booking. They were ready and were able to get us a crib. My wife was happy so I was even happier.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The hotel is geared more towards adults without children. The televisions in rooms are setup selfishly..people with kids will bring own gaming system they should be some type of hookup to allow them to play in rooms..this gives parents time to go spend money and time at hotel bar and enjoy adult time at pool. Also need king size beds with pull out sofa beds to accomodate teenage kids. Also microwaves and ice dispensers at the end of halls or in rooms. Makes inconvience for families with kids needing to eat when no operating restaurant on property.

I did like the pleasantness of the staff. Very helpful and knowledgeable of area.

• Aloft King Room

When I arrived to the location I was unable to check in because the hotel did not have my reservations. So I had to call booking.com customer service rep helped me out because the staff acted as if they didnt that they did not see my reservation. I would not stay here again only because of the issue with my reservation and the staff acting as if they did not care.

The pool

• Double Room - Disability Access

Card swipe to open an entrance with card did not work. Our card swipe plate on room door kept falling off. Some door trim and a handle was falling off and missing from our bathroom door. Housekeeping didnt clean our room one day because they saw a do not disturb sign on our door around 8am. They should have checked back. We left at 9:30am and did not return until midnight. It is a hassle to continually have to get a parking slip stamped to be able to exit the parking lot. I smelled cigarette smoke in the hall on our floor.

• Aloft King Room

Front desk staff seems overwhelmed. Not very friendly and they didn't answer the phone when I called from a guest room. This is a non-smoking hotel but the first room I was given smelled like cigarette smoke so I switched rooms. There is a bar but there is no bar menu. Weird. They have a box to connect a phone or computer to the TV. They give out connector cables at the front desk but they were out of phone cables and the computer cables are not compatible with Macs. Convenient to airport. Nice room design. I wouldn't stay here again, though.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Aloft King Room

I love to travel there accommodations to the airport are fantastic. Leaving your car there also and not having to worry! When you get home from your destination the shuttle is right there to pick you up!! My favorite place to stay!

• Aloft King Room

The safe was locked when we entered the room. If we were staying longer than just one night, we would have had to have the staff come up to unlock it. The parking lot is gated, and you pay with a ticket (similar to how tolls are set up), but the front desk waived the fee for us without us asking, yay! Pillows were nice but way too soft for me, and I woke up with a neck cramp!

Highly modern, clean hotel. Had a lot of doubts after reading past reviews, perhaps reviews from before the renovation, but all of those doubts were gone once I actually entered the hotel. The room had an awesome media hub that allowed you to plug in HDMI, VGA, and component video inputs - no fiddling behind the TV! It also had a ready ethernet port, as well as plenty of USB charging ports, with designations for phones and tablets (I'm assuming the "tablet" ports were just a stronger 2 amp output vs. a 1 amp output for the "phone" ports). Super convenient in every way imaginable. Nice soaps and shower products.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Aloft King Room

Food particles on the decor pillow I had to complain about, elevator was broken one of the nights and staff was not very helpful in trying to get us upstairs, half of the staff were rude, very expensive snacks and drinks, breakfast not included, rust on bathroom sink, grime in tiles on bathroom floor

• Aloft Double Room

The beds and pillows were so comforting plus the most important thing was they were soooo clean. The entire hotel was soooo beautiful and avant-garde. Great not to be in a cookie cutter hotel. The staff, especially Nikki, was amazing! She was so helpful in getting us a ride to and from our venue and helped print out tickets. She made us feel special and we truly felt like a valued customer! We will definitely be back asap! We had a wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Aloft King Room

This was our second stay at this hotel. Our first visit was great. Our second visit was not as great. For some reason they put us in a room for only two people and had our kids sleep on an air mattress crammed between a bed and the wall. However, I will give them kudos for customer service. They immediately recognized the issue and would have fixed it if it weren't overbooked. They did provide us free breakfast coupons and some additional points. They managed me well because I was not pleased at the prospect of my kids sleeping on the floor. I get it - it does happen.

• Aloft King Room

The staff and the room was awesome , I will book with Aloft every time I come to Philly 👍 also a indoor pool looked nice , wish I had more time to get in😄

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double Room - Disability Access

Two lamps didn't work in room. Rollaway bed had to be requested twice (even though I called ahead of time). Received a handicapped room without asking, leaving us with a combined shower/toilet and no door! Family of five with two of three teenagers being girls... needless to say we skipped breakfast and shot out earlier than expected.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Aloft King Room

difficult for Uber and Lyft finding the entrance, would've been helpful to have a market or restaurant nearby. The food at the lounge was too pricey, 2 packs of grandma cookies cost me $7

staff was very friendly and helpful, nice deco

• Aloft King Room

The size of the rooms thought it would be more space for the price.

The staff was very friendly, they had a nice atmosphere in the lounge after dark for adults and the room were styled nicely.

• Aloft King Room

The room could have been a bit cleaner the fridge had a weird smell to it but I've stayed in rooms that were worse

The staff was great and very helpful!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Aloft King Room

The Breakfast bar could be upgraded. And the pool was okay,but wish the hotel had a hot tub as well.

Great location, check- out time, the room was great, and the amenities that the hotel offered

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Aloft King Room

Noisy air-conditioning units situated outside the hotel. PLEASE install sound deflections/shielding. Internal units also unusable due to ridiculous volume - but easily solved by unplugging.

• Aloft King Room

the management is un-professional!!! also very rude I had checked out and was charged an extra 100.00 for something i didn't even do and was off the property and check out!!! Will never stay again

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Aloft King Room

There was 1 woman who was rude, but I don't remember her name. She answered the phone around 7:30 PM when i asked for water to be sent to the room and told me i had to come down myself.

Went above and beyond for special requests. The manager was very nice and the woman who helped me with my parking problem was nice

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Aloft King Room

There was no light specifically for the toilet shower area. As a result when you awake to use the facilities you have to turn on the lights to the whole room. Also th sliding door needs a buffer so it does not close so hard.

Loved the modern feel and look of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Aloft King Room

Being a hotel by the airport it's tricky to get into the city without a car so the taxi's add up a little

The staff were fantastic, especially the engineer, Timothy! Fantastic facilities and close to the airport.

• Aloft King Room

Check out they told me that it was prepaid and charge my credit card.

There was a hold in my credit card and I told them upon check in that I will pay in cash but they charged my card anyway.

• Aloft King Room

Floor was a little dirty in the bathroom area.

Staff was very friendly, great atmosphere and location to where I needed to be. Music in the lobby with full bar!

• Aloft King Room

Guests were running through the halls at 2am, 3am and 4am, yelling and making a lot of noise. Someone on our floor told them to quiet and they just laughed. The pool water was cold and the pool was a mess in the morning, towels thrown everywhere and food wrappers were on the floor...it was disgusting...

The fitness center was clean and the equipment worked great

• King Room - Disability Access

The hotel just seems very beat up and in need of some TLC. Scuff marks all over the walls, handprints and smears all over the elevator doors. Signs in the hotel were missing letters. It just feels beat up and like no one really cares. The water in our room would not get hot, it was lukewarm at best (which made showering pretty uncomfortable). The elevator is extremely slow and takes forever to go just a couple of floors. The fact that they charge you for parking is a joke. The gate to leave was up 90% of the time so anyone could just come and go. I would stay here again if the price was good but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

The staff were great and very helpful. The price was good as well. The room was clean.

• Aloft King Room

Front desk staff was rude and seemed like she was disinterested, if she doesn't like her job then she should find a new one. Also the box in the room to hook up devices didn't work, called the front desk and she didn't even know how it worked, didn't try to help at all.. very blunt and acted annoyed

Shower and bed were awesome

• Aloft King Room

My only dislike had nothing to do with the hotel itself.And that was it was crowded all weekend with kid birthday parties. So i never got a chance to enjoy the pool.

Nice, clean, and modern rooms. The bar and billards table in the lounge are a great plus.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Aloft Double Room

Except that this hotel is close to the airport, if you plan on walking around, there are not good places to go within walking distance.

Internet was fast. Very quiet. Room had a nice layout.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Aloft Double Room

I didn't like that it was my birthday so I couldn't bring my balloons in my room that I paid 25 dollars on and I couldn't bring my cake in

• Aloft Double Room

I'm claustrophobic and they don't have usable stairs to accommodate from the front desk to my floor. The water was luke warm, more on the cold but not freezing side.

The bed was comfortable. The scene outside my window was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Aloft King Room

I didn't know that you had to pay for parking prior to booking. When going to the pool the water was freezing that I couldn't really enjoy the water would have love to go for a swim

Was very clean & very quiet staff was helpful & nice

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Aloft Double Room

I'm sure this doesn't happen every day, but the first room I checked into had a frozen heating unit. (Like literally frozen with ice.) They quickly and seamlessly moved me to a different room, but overnight something happened with the hot water in the hotel so no one had any. The other thing I will add is while it is convenient to the airport (literally across the street) there's not much to eat nearby unless you're happy with hotel food.

I liked the customer service, which was quick and responsive. And even though they are pretty standard, I like the design of Aloft hotels, the fact that there is a bar, and--if you need it--a plethora of snacks to choose from in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Aloft King Room

bed, pillows, big TV, wonderful shower and amenities, courteous staff, cozy and inviting lounge with fireplace, prompt shuttle driver, close to airport, friendly guiests