Reviews of The Garden District House 1 stars

1660 Annunciation Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#56 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

Based on 437 hostel reviews

The location and space was amazing.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The location and space was amazing. Getting to enjoy it with so many people from around the world made it lovable. The staff, Josh and Shawn deserve a round of applause. They have been the best staff I’ve ever dealt with in my traveling adventures. Great job

Great place, great choice, great location!

The price was awesome, location too! The room was really comfortable and It's a pretty quiet place for a hostel. I definitely will come back and I am already recommending it to my friends.

Great great great!

Shared bathrooms can get a little messy in the evenings: best to do your showering before the evening. ;)

Tatiani was so kind and sweet to us! She made us feel immediately comfortable. We had had some difficulties on the road, and it was nice to speak to such a friendly person. (Her son is also great!) We enjoyed the privacy of our rather large room, and it was a very quite and safe location. Taylor was also great!

This is one of my favourite hostels ever!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This is one of my favourite hostels ever! The staff is very nice and Tatiana and Lily really helped us, giving us all the info we needed. Breakfast is nice and you have free coffee all day. The shared bathrooms are very clean and the kitchen is huge. They also have a very nice garden. The wifi was usually fast.

It was very quiet and peaceful
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Basically nothing. It would have been nice if it had been a bit closer to my destination, but that's not really much of a complaint

It was very quiet and peaceful

The hostel was in a really accessibly area from the city...

The hostel was in a really accessibly area from the city center with public transport, 15 minutes by bus. It was clean, the breakfast was amazing and the staff was helpful. We thank Tatiana for her advices!

Perfect for any length of stay in New Orleans!

The WiFi was decent, but could have been a little better.

The room we had was spacious, and it was the perfect atmosphere for meeting new people! Tatiana was the sweetest and most helpful staff I’ve ever encountered! I can’t recommend this hostel enough. The location was excellent as well, and there’s even free parking!

It was great for a one night stay.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Difficult to get a good night sleep in a dormitory room setup. Other guests goes in and out the room throughout the night.

The check-in process was very easy and informative. Tyler showed the place and provided useful tips on transportation and the area.

I felt safe there, it was inexpense and close to downtown, their was a Walmart close; served my need

It was more of a boarding house, only you were're on you on when it came to the kitchen. A shared kitchen, There was some breakfast food for you to prepare but it wasn't laid out, you had to check the cabinets.

It was pretty quiet and conviently located to downtown. I only needed a place to rest my head and a decent shower; while I attended a 3 day workshop, cost was a concern of mine. I attended the 1st day workshop before checking in and checked out the morning of the 3rd day workshop. The staff was on duty til midnight, they were helpful and informative.

Located in a quiet neighborhood but within a comfortable...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was just about perfect.

Located in a quiet neighborhood but within a comfortable walking distance to downtown New Orleans. I loved the porch and the open kitchen. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly (shout out to Lana for some pleasant conversations and her superb taste in music).

The house was a great place to begin and end each day of my...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The house was a great place to begin and end each day of my stay. The breakfast is awesome, the evenings are quiet and peaceful, and everyone on staff is friendly and helpful. Thank you Ivan, Tyler, Tatiana and George!

Hostess <3

The facilities are definitely a disappointment, the pictures on internet lead to think that the place is nicer, and the cleanliness in the kitchen should be better taken care of, clean plates from the cabinets were wet and the sink had a pool of dirty water and unwashed dishes, super comfortable breakfast.

The Hostess was so lovely! Her sparkly personality and welcomeness saved our stay in such a place.

A hot shower and a safe place to sleep for a night.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

$60 is the maximum a private room should cost. No deadbolt lock on bedroom door, no TV, no toiletries, common hand towel in bathrooms, no paper goods in kitchen.

Friendliness of staff. Hip environment.

We loved it! We will be back!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Could have been cooler in the room. Our ceiling fan didn't work. Bed was squeaky. There could have been a dresser in the room for storing more clothes.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. ATM inside. Full kitchen. Excellent location without being in the middle of all the tourists.

An amazing stay !
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It's a youth hostel like we expect to find when you're travelling and even more !! We were far from home but it felt like home. The staff is very helpfull and friendly. Thank you Lana for your hospitality ! And thank you so much Tyler for your help and advices when we needed it ! The district is really nice to visit, it is very beautiful ! We didn't want to leave... See you soon !

It was fine but I expected better service at that cost.

Wifi connection was bad. Our beds were not clean before we reach there and it seems they did not change the bed sheets. Although breakfast materials are available, you have to make you own breakfast. So, when we were in a hurry, it did not help us.

Very pleasant but some improvements would make it perfect !
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The wifi is not working really well, and was not even available in our room. The breakfast could be more diverse, and a washing machine will be a plus.

People working at the hostel are very nice and full of good advice! Thank you to Lana, Maura and Pablo. The hostel is clean, really well located and the beds are comfy. The patio and the common room are super nice to chill and there is a great atmosphere.

Josh stayed an extra hour for us to arrive and he was so...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was one evening where loud music was playing late at night (2-5am) but hey! It’s New Orleans on a Saturday and luckily I was passed out, I can’t say the same for my boyfriend though. When he got up and asked them to turn I.t off they did so accordingly so even a little bump was handled correctly

Josh stayed an extra hour for us to arrive and he was so kind about everything, including a really helpful quick tour of the neighborhood. They were definitely concerned about making the guest happy. If you’re someone who doesn’t mind having to share a restroom with some other people I would highly recommend staying at the Garden District House. You’re in a quiet residential area that is walking distance to the convention center, a Walmart, and magazine st! I couldn’t have asked for more!

Like my house now! I will come back. I want to say thank at Josh, Nadia and also Lana, you know why
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

People who work there Breakfast Nice and safety area Saveral bathroom Kitchen with all equipement Most of the time quiet, not just for young people

a little getaway to New Orleans, turns into an admiration to the culture and the zest to live

walking distance to Magazine street/filled with restaurants and local artizans shops. close to French Quarter and the Garden District/ I will go back

Mardi Gras weekend at The Garden District House
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I like that it is located in a residential area for safety concern, walking distant to Walmart for grocery, and the parade route during Mardi Gras. Also, it is accessible to public transportation. The attendants were friendly and super helpful to me.

Good for Mardi Gras

Bathroom too small. - During Mardi Gras I did not see anyone at the hostel, or parties or groups of friends, that was kinda sad, I am glad I went with my friend otherwise I would feel lonely. - Room was by the bathroom and kitchen and was really loud, glad we were not there most of the time. - I don t think I would go back... - Far from the French quarter.

Location is good, however I felt the back street you dont feel very safe. Whenever we asked for information the staff were always helpful. Bathroom was always clean.

although it was a mixed 8-bed room it was quite spacy, the...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

only one common bathroom...

although it was a mixed 8-bed room it was quite spacy, the bed was comfortable, nice neighbourhood. and the staffs were super friendly! thank you Marina and Pablo.

Clean and Friendly

It wasn't clear the shuttle to the airport cost money upon booking from the booking site. It also has to be booked at least 8 hours in advanced. Uber was cheaper.

Close to downtown. Felt very secure. Very clean and beds felt very nice.

50-50 good and bad, but I will not stay here again because of the squeaky beds.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds squeak a lot! The room had a heater that made the air too dehydrated.

The staff were great! The place had a kitchen with breakfast served. Someone shows up every morning to make hot pancakes.

Awesome!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast was really good, I bought a banana so I could do banana-chocolate chip-cinnamon pancakes. The garden is nice. Everything is clean and the people working there are awesome. I got some really good tips about what to do in the city and they really tried to help figure some things out. (Sorry, I would like to give you a tip by naming you but I forgot your names. :( )

It was all okay. We were just hungry...

The staff wanted to leave earlier, but it was said that we could check in till 11 pm. we arrived at 9 pm, and at this time she already wrote us an email, that we couldnt read, cause we are travellers and dont have an us mobile phone. And what we really didn like, that there was no option to have breakfast earlier. A little bit of bread and jam would have been enough for us.

first of all, the area is really nice. very safe. the hostel is totally ok. and it was cheap

really bang for the buck, nice area
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

should be a bit more knowledgeable about public transportation schedules to hostel. times, cost, etc. instead of suggesting an uber.

It was great, excellent recommendations.

I loved the coffee and pankcakes in the morning.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I've stayed at this place many times and on this last visit the internet wasn't working nor the TVs. When I asked the young lady at the front desk she did as minimal work as possible to get things going again. The street out front is dark.

I loved the coffee and pankcakes in the morning. I like that there are plenty of restrooms. The rooms are usually very quiet and the other guests are very respectable. The back patio is very comfortable!

Friendly staff, great recommendations for places to go which...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

SQUEAKY BEDS. These are metal bunks and that is very annoying when in a group room. This gathering space is fairly minimal and if anything a bit cold but I was not there long. If you travel to hostels I'm finding you must bring your own washcloths as only a towel is provided at most.

Friendly staff, great recommendations for places to go which really made it memorable. Convenient first floor space so easy in and out. Location was good and easy to get to places but I had a car so not sure how the public transportation was. Had a fantastic time, I'd stay again.

It was perfect for a one night stay.

It’s a hostel so sharing a bathroom is to be expected. The bathroom was a little beat up I went to use it at the end of the night. Breakfast was make your own waffles which is fine but there are some great breakfast places that are a five minute walk from the hostel.

The woman working the desk was incredibly helpful and kind. My room was clean and bed comfortable.

Disappointing and unfriendly.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Staff was unfriendly upon reception and the place was untidy. There were a couple of what looked like vagabonds sleeping in the outside courtyard.

The room was great and great value.

There should have been a shower sign up sheet so you didn't have to keep checking to see if it's open. We had to skip a shower because we waited for over an hour and had plans.

The room was great and great value.

nice staff
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed were really not comfortable, bathroom qui te dirty with the toilet in it. Common area were small (it was raining so we couldn't benefit from the outside area). it says breakfast included but nothing was there...

nice staff

Quaint Hostel near Magazine Street
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I didn't like that there was what seemed like only 1 shower for the entire bottom floor of people staying there. I am unsure if there were more showers on the property. The airport shuttle service is not free and you have to book it ahead of time, which would have been nice to know.

Neat little house close to magazine street and few blocks walking distance from the trolley to the French Quarter. Clean, spacious rooms and friendly staff. Quiet environment. Staff were also very helpful in giving us directions on where to go.

Awesome place with an awesome staff
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Some little things that weren't even problems but could be improved: the wifi didn't work well on the bedrooms, so adding a router with an Access Point could work to extend it. I'd probably place it near the stairs. It wasn't clear for us in the first day that the pancake mix and the coffee were free for everyone and we are welcome to use it in a DIY fashion, because they were not in the "free stuff table" . So I just suggest making it more clear, but these are just tiny details about a great stay.

Rose and Pablo were absolutely fantastic. They were so friendly and welcoming. They helped us a lot on feeling at home, and they gave us a lot of great tips on where to go, where to eat, where to find good music. So kudos for that. Me and my friends would definitely go back. The location is excellent, the beds were super comfortable. It is near the street car stop. You have plenty of restaurants and art galleries on Magazine St which is nearby. I definitely recommend this place.

I briefly met the owner, Josh, who was amazing but I don't think he knows how rude they are.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

The employee's. Or at least some of them. Particularly Imogen was rude and condescending. Not only did we think so but others actually approached us with their complaints about her as well. Poablo was the nicest by far. We had a lot of issues. Things happen but it depends how they handle it that really determines your feelings on it. Here are some of the things that happened.. We didn't get the room we booked. We got a dorm. We were told we could move on day two but then told it would be day 3. No real apologies, kinda smug (hence the employees being the worst of the review). The 2nd night in our dorm the air ( which the control was under lock and key and no employee there) had our room at 55 very cold degrees. I, as well as another guest, called the number left for "problems" but they said they couldn't help until morning. Again, no real apologies just smugness. He felt the same. So that night we get our new room. VERY tight quarters and had to squeeze to get on either size of the bed. No closet of any kind or dresser. Only one of the 3 outlets worked. We had 2 sockets for 3 cell phones and 2 pieces of medical equip. After quite a rude conversation with Imogen she finally got us a plug strip. One shower dribbled, was horrible so the other was often full. The kitchen sink barely worked and there was one fork in the whole place. Too much more to mention. Rose was fine but the gal with long dark hair and glasses also doesn't belong in a customer service position.

We really enjoyed the patio area and getting to meet and talk with people from all over the world and various walks of life. You share common areas, kitchen, bathrooms the patio and so on so there was plenty opportunity to say hi and and chat and learn about each other.

The breakfast from the booking wasn't included but...

I don't like to sleep with the A/C and it was too cold.

The breakfast from the booking wasn't included but besides of that everything was perfect.

Decent place, nice area, a few too many mishaps

I guess we came at a time when some things just didn’t work out. The coffee machine wasn’t working and had been reported multiple times. Air conditioning at the back of the house didn’t work on our second night and the windows wouldn’t open in our small twin room making it very stuffy and uncomfortable. The free breakfast wasn’t there when we woke up - due to a staff member not arriving for work in the morning. Which means that no staff stays there over night and there is just a number to call at their other hostel. This would have been my only complaint had the other things not gone wrong.

Nice, homey feel. Friendly staff when they were around.

Great welcome from Rosemary who made my arrival really nice...

No bedside light so I could read before sleep. Well there was but the lead wasn't long enough.

Great welcome from Rosemary who made my arrival really nice and gave clear directions to Walmart by drawing me a map!

Amazing location, safe and pretty neighbourhood
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great location, really close to fantastic cafes and about a 20 minute walk to the French district. Hostel had great air con, guests were all quiet and friendly and staff were helpful. Place isn't perfect but it's clean enough, our bed was comically squeaky and the light shone in from the hallway but it really wasn't that bad and worth it for the location.

You get what you pay for
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The air conditioning broke while we were there, which meant we couldn't sleep one night as it was far too hot (we ended up opening the window as it was cooler outside if you can believe it!). The WiFi didn't work very well - we frequently couldn't connect to it - and the staff said there was nothing that they could do, but a fortunately-timed power cut restarted the router and that seemed to do the trick. The hostel could be improved by having TV hours, as all three nights we stayed I ended up getting up at about 3am to turn it off as it was blaring in the common area.

The location was great, and it was very useful to be able to park right outside. The staff were very friendly, and the bed was comfy.

Other ttablets I met were great

The house it's over all dirtiness with mold in bathroom walls kitchen faucet the doesn't really work with out making a screaming sound.. I did really like the girl don't know her name but it was not Rose. She like to party with guest and leave early

I understand it's a hostel but mold on the walls in the bathroom just a little run down for me pulse the girls left early when says someone would be there till 11 pm. And find out from other I bust with they had private room at a much lower price I paid 70. A night for 1 person they paid 35 to 40 for 2 people a night something is fishy there. Pause the shuttle own/run by same people says 24 two and from airport I had to pay another 24 to be taken back to airport. I enjoyed the people I met their but would not go or recommend this place. Hostel or not you should still take pride in your house.

The staff were very helpful and my room was excellent value for money.

Breakfast was adequate.

The beds were comfortable, but the air con was a bit fierce. The bathroom was downstairs so a bit inconvenient. The kitchen facilities were very good.

Excellent staff, great location, good facilities. Looking forward to returning!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Really excellent staff members-- smart, interesting, and had great recommendations for the area! Specifically had great interactions with Rose and Imogen-- made us feel very welcome!

Totally inapropiate place.

Everything has been negative. A city like New Orleans should not have space for such an inapropiate place called 'bed&breakfast'.

NO serious Staff, NO serious Management. NO breakfast at scheduled time, NOBODY at front desk at scheduled time. Guests have to leave a 5 $ deposit in case lost Key, but the staff IS HiDEN when they should give the money back. I choose a specific kind of room but my reservation did not appear in spite that I wrote in two diferentes times asking about a confirmation (and the worst thing is the staff did It!!).

Good for its price, perfect for young travelers
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The house needs a sign outside so people know it is the hostel. Public transport is good during the day when walking ten blocks is not a problem it is however harder to come back at night. There is a bus that rides by the corner next to the house but it only drives once an hour. None of the public lines go close to the main bus station. There needs to be more tables and chairs in the dining area..

It is a beautiful hostel for young people with lots of common areas. I enjoyed the kitchen and the outside patio. The room was small but comfortable. The location was good for descovering the garden district, very close to a walmart superstore

I enjoyed staying here for two nights. The atmosphere was nice and the backyard is a plus.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were shaky and the ladder I used to climb down my top bunk was not bolted down on the frame all the way. It was unstable and scary to climb on.

I liked how the tv had both cable and Netflix.

Comfortable stay in New Orleans
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The location was not very far from the French quarter (by cab or public transit) but not at all 20 minutes away on foot as advertised.

The staff were extremely helpful, the place was comfortable and equipped with everything you need.

A good hostel in a not touristic district
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

A little far from N-O center : 10min walk to go to tram station & 20min of tram.

Nice staff et good information on the neighborhood (bars, restaurants). Cleanliness of common spaces et nice equipments.

Amazing stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Vega welcomed us so well. We had a big size room. The living room and the outside were so great. It's just near magazine street, best place to be in New Orleans !

The Perfect Place for Travelers
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

This place was really wonderful. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. The room was clean and comfortable with good air-conditioning. There is an amazing backyard space; perfect for hanging out with friends with some beer. The other guests were all lovely; we had a great time sharing stories with an Italian couple on a cross country trip. Breakfast was awesome. The location is divine. Basically, for the price, I doubt you could find a better place to stay. We are absolutely coming back!

Run away this place unless you are really short for money
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This place was the only bad experience we had in New Orleans. Is not clean at all. We were there 4 days and I never saw and cleaner or anyone taking care of the rooms neither the two bathrooms existing for the whole hostel. I even found a dead dry cockroach in the dormitory. Funny story: in our dormitory it was this crazy guy that was living in the hostel and he only left his bed to go to the toilet and he was giving out with everyone even for turning the lights on. Staff did nothing. We had to make our beds and do our stuffs in the dark to avoid confusions and fights. During that time the dormitory of 8 was never clean. A nice guy from France was there longer the we did and we just confirm the above.

Is close to the magazine st. and has the bus 10 stop just beside.

Run away this place unless you are really short for money.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This place was the only bad experience we had in New Orleans. Is not clean at all. We were there 4 days and I never saw and cleaner or anyone taking care of the rooms and neither the two bathrooms existing for the whole hostel. I even found a dead dry cockroach in the dormitory. Funny story: in our dormitory it was this crazy guy that was kind of living in the hostel and he only left his bed to go to the toilet and he was giving out with everyone even for turning the lights on. Staff did nothing. We had to make our beds and do our stuffs in the dark to avoid confusions and fights. During that time the dormitory of 8 was never clean. A nice guy from France was there longer the we did and we just confirm the above.

Is close to the magazine st. and has the bus 10 stop just beside.

Very nice place
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

You are free to do what do you want and the staff was super nice with us ,clean rooms and a lots of clean bathrooms! A big breakfast and a nice place to eat outside during the evening ! I would return back in case !

Very well resourced hostel.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The location was the main issue but maybe others won't find it a problem. The 7 blocks to the street car are barely shaded and it was so hot and uncomfortable to walk that long distance outside when I was there in summer. The neighbourhood to the south of the hostel felt very shady (cat calls from people sitting on the street, dilapidated housing, dirty streets, burnt out cars, run down unused or poorly kept warehouses etc) but to the north (to the street car) felt fine - much better quality housing. Taking an Uber was $6 - 8 so not too bad but a day pass on public transport is $3 so if you tolerate heat well you'll be fine. It's not their fault but the hostel internet was down most of my time there. The bunk beds felt like they'd tip over as you climbed onto the top bunk but they didn't.

The staff were helpful and friendly. It was very clean so you really felt safe to cook in the kitchen and they had a good range of utensils. They provide breakfast if you can tolerate gluten! It was very well designed - the bed room air con was good quality, there's lockers for your valuables and tables in the bedrooms, maps and tourist leaflets available, two communal areas - 1 indoor and one outdoors.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Pleasant Stay In The Big Easy
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Local transport. The transport was fine but several hundred metres from the property, and I have to say that the staff (at least the ones I met) could provide no information at all on how to get around.

Meeting other very amiable guests from many different backgrounds. Good comfortable bed.

Nola hostel

Could have been a little cleaner it seems like there was some mild growing around the place.

The concierge was amazing and friendly. The place had a very cool artsy vibe.

Overall pretty good
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The water pressure in the store is very weak, and the hot water comes and goes. Also, the wifi was only accessible from the main lobby, not from our room.

The room that we stayed in was very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast every morning was a bonus.

Hostel with Character!
    • 5 Person Room

Facilities could use work: two showers for the whole place with terrible water pressure, shower heads need to be replaced. Beds were standard, computer in lobby not working.

Unique style, great location in the city! Rooms kept cool.

Chill vibes, great outdoor deck hang out area, kitchen...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Tv can be a bit noisy at night and there was a window in our door so light coming in from the hall was bright all night. Shower cold 2 of the 3 times I had a shower.

Chill vibes, great outdoor deck hang out area, kitchen facilities were good and rooms clean. Staff were nice and it was in the lovely garden district close to shops etc.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great, friendly atmosphere, clean facilities.

Wifi only at reception. It didn't reach the room. Too few bathrooms for the number of beds in this property.

Great, friendly atmosphere, clean facilities.

The staff was really helpful and the place really nice and...

The Wi-Fi did not work well... I could not get a signal in my bedroom, and when I did get a signal in the living room it was a reeaaallly slow connection. But that was the only down part of the whole stay.

The staff was really helpful and the place really nice and clean! Even though there are only two showers, we did not have a problem. In the morning there was always pancake/waffle mix with toppings and syrup, and also coffee, tea, creamers... It was a great experience

Overall a fine hostel.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Overall a fine hostel. First night was really noisy our room being next to the bathroom and living room. Showers are really poor. Other than that it's what you could expect from a hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Live like a local
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom locks need to be better.

Can't beat the location!!! We stayed in a nice private room, it had a electronic lock so you had a code to get into your room. Interior room, but wasn't too dark or anything. Super comfortable bed, nicely decorated. Make your own pancakes for breakfast and coffee. All the staff was friendly and relaxed. Make sure to have cash for payment and deposits.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great stay at the Garden House.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was very noisy. It just made a lot of noise even when you rolled over. That was certainly not a deal breaker though.

The Garden House was in the Garden district which was a great area to explore and eat good food. I was traveling with my car, so it was also conveniently close to the other attractions of New Orleans (i.e. The French Quarter). But I believe the public transportation is near there and easy to use as well. We were helped by Vanessa, who was very knowledgeable and eager to share her favorite places and things to do.

Great place to meet people and learn from locals, definitely recommend.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The neighborhood looks a bit dodgy but once you get to know the place it really is a good area to be, and it is actually safe despite what it looks like. Don't be deterred.

Staff, Josh in particular is an awesome host. He is passionate about helping us and we learned a great deal about the city, made us feel right at home.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Great location, nice staff, comfy beds and a great patio.

Breakfast would be a great plus, but we just brought our own and kept our stuff in the common fridge. Showers took ages to figure out and to get warm, could use a little make over.

Great location, nice staff, comfy beds and a great patio. You can park your car in front of the hostel, which is nice. Would def stay here again (for a couple more days this time)

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Close to Magazine, pefect location for solo travelers!

The bathrooms. There are only 2 showers, and neither of them is working well :(

Nice location with very nice staff! Chilly back yard were you meet travelers from all over the world. Perfect location for solo travelers, the staff organizes events, such as a crawfish boil in the backyard. Enjoyed it very much!

Great place, better staff. Shame they have a screaming dog keeping you awake all night.

The owners dog had been left at the property whilst on holiday. The dog did not stop yelping from the minute it was left by the front desk staff to the minute they returned. This was not acceptable for a business that sells a room for sleeping. The staff were understanding but were unable to do anything. On this basis we would not be able to recommend the hotel.

Vanessa on the front desk made our trip to NOLA absolutely incredible. She could not have been better when providing advice on things to do and places to visit. The breakfast was great and the property and garden were perfect for our stay.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Highly impressed, nice staff!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The lighting in the back room and I wish it had open windows for ventilation

This was my first time staying at a place like this.... I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Everyone who worked there was so nice and helpful! Pablo was my favorite employee.

Great place to stay for leisure trip, definitively will stay again there.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed can be a little bit better but its not that bad do

They have breakfast, clean installations, very nice people attending, they give you plenty advice of what you can do depending on your plan and have several info if you haven't planned anything. Safe zone for my car they have surveillance camera

The location was fantastic, within walking distance of...
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The location was fantastic, within walking distance of magazine street and the St. Charles street car (Which made access to the entire city super easy). The facility was clean and the room we stayed in was a good size (we stayed in the 2 twin and 1 queen room). The staff was so friendly, and always willing to help you with directions, recommendations, or anything else you could need. Overall 10/10 stay! :)

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Very satisfied guest

Breakfast should be more versatile.

Staff was great, especially Sarah! She is a very smart and eloquent person. Walking tour with Sarah was very insightful. I am sorry that I couldn't make it to be at the house on the Friday night, when crawfish was prepared. All in all, I am very satisfied.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Basically a freshman dorm, but very nice people.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The walls were thin and we heard people talking through the night and in the early morning. The shared bathrooms were not ideal. The beds were not super comfortable. Sheets had stains. The location was a little sketchy at night.

We liked the community feel of the house. There were a lot of friendly people there. Nice patio, TV with internet, free wifi. It was nicely decorated and comfortable in the rooms. Kitchen is available all the time, which was really nice. The staff were very helpful and clearly loved their city. It's in a decent location. The price was right!