Reviews of Americas Best Value Inn - Baltimore 2 stars

6510 Frankford Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21206, USA

#66 of 78 hotels in Baltimore

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Picked location because it was close to school where I was dropping off my child. Never Again

Was like it was a haven for alcoholics n drug addicts. Felt very uncomfortable. Outsiders walking around asking where the party at trying to hit on me n my child.

I think management needs to take more time with details.

This was not my 1st time here. There has been some changes since my last stay 2yrs ago but, one of my pet peeves is the smoking. If I'm requesting a non smoking room why are all the rooms smelling like smoke. I asked the front desk do they have a non smoking floor or certain rooms. They said, "only one floor is a non smoking floor." Yet this facility has 6 floors. Another thing is there's no microwave in the rooms. You have to take your food to the 1st floor near the check in desk to warm it. In the room I stayed, the hot and cold water nobs for the tub weren't on correctly, let alone the survey from a previous occupant, 5days before my stay was left in the room. Last but not least, the hours for "complimentary breakfast" are 630-9. I don't think those hours are sufficient for the guest but may be the guest don't mind considering there's a McDonald's in walking distance for a hot breakfast.

Complimentery Breakfast was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the smell of smoking...it is there at there entrance ,in the elevators though it is mentioned no smoking.

Complimentery Breakfast was great.Rooms washrooms are clean and neat.

Room's cleaness, comfort, setup and night front desk...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Some maids mugged my mom and kitchen nda rushed her check out, but other than that the stay was amazing and my younger siblings loved the room's comfort

Room's cleaness, comfort, setup and night front desk staff

Hairy experience for a one night traveller

hair in sheets, head and pubic wasn't a necessary extra. staff handed me sheets to remake bed. when I blatantly refused, the staff housekeeper male foreigner was very rude and told me he never made a bed there in 3 years of employment there.

nice comfy mattress.

Ok for short stay.

Remote little scary lot of traffic in and out all times of night. Ok for short stay. Not much info on where to eat or drink.

Some staff good some not so friendly. Continental breakfast was ok. could leave little more time. Able to use pc and print out documents for work.

I always loved the area and this Inn but this was the worst experience I ever encountered.

The rooms (king size with all the amenities), did not meet expectation x2. Very disappointed with both rooms. The room really wasn't spacious to be king size, the only thing that was said in there on words was" it is a king room with a King size bed". In all fairness I considered the bed more of a queen size.

For the first time in my many visits to this Inn and I do visit 2 to 3 times a year. This was my first time not being satisfied with my room commendations. I reserved a king sides room with all the amenities and was very disappointed. Spoke with staff and was given another king sides room with only 1 difference, they added a desk. By this time I was to disappointed to care but I am having serious doubts about booking with them again.

I was overall disappointed, though everything basically worked, too little attention to detail

Shower walls not clean, shower water temperature changes, could hear guests above my room and down the hall, toilet flush was very loud, bed too soft, pillows lumpy, tv volume went down by itself, tv remote stopped working

Friendly staff, linens were clean

Hotel was close enough to where I had go for business. Price & room were good, adequate.

I did not feel safe from the moment I arrived until I left; except when I was in my room. Too many men just loitering, smoking, outside the front door, in the breakfast area and in cars in the parking lot. There were lots of large trucks and trailers as the hotel is in an industrial area. There was no microwave in the room.

The room was nice size, adequately clean and my hall was generally quiet. The towels were thread bare and size of bath towels were for infants, not adults. The continent breakfast was fair...no fluffy eggs or waffles. Glad to have refrig and single cup coffeemaker.

The property was very clean, the and so was the room other...

When I booked my reservation I requested a handicap room no smoking, and the only way for me to a handicap room was to go into a smoker's room and the whole floor smelled like smoke.

The property was very clean, the and so was the room other than the smoke smell. I really loved the price

A great experience- in a calm location
    • King Room - Smoking

It is a bit stuffy and airtight-some key areas wear dull paintings. But the annoying part are the people at the information booth- they are unfriendly and seems out to make guests sad.

it is a good place especially because of it's strategic location and closeness to key drive routes.

Dissapointed!!!

I felt like I was in a bad neighborhood and not comfortable! The breakfast didn't even include waffles like much cheaper places I have stayed in.

Not Much.

It sucked!

People in the halls late at night being loud , couldn't sleep , didn't feel safe . We felt unsafe and threatened!

NOTHING ! Booked it online sight unseen my mistake! Never again!

Overall it met our purposes, location near the city, price very reasonable, generally comfortable

The protective screen for the desk clerk was a little disconcerting. There was a faint but noticeable odor of cigarette smoke, saw a cig butt in the elevator.

Location in relation to downtown Baltimore was very good. Hotel was quiet and comfortable.

"LOUD" HOTEL

Outside Dirty. Tight parking. Limited. Smelled like marijuana in the hallways throughout the buliding. Ashtray in my non-smoking room. Carpet stained and dirty need replacing. No microwave in room but have refrigerator???? Overall it was a loud hotel. Loud with noise and loud with marijuana. I did not rest well. Hotel not for serious adults. I definitely wouldn't want my children there in the marijuana atmosphere.

NOTHING!!!!!

Some good some bad

Their was no microwave. The house keepers were very nosy and ask to many question. One man at the front desk wad very nice. The other man was rude and disrespectful.

The bed was very comfy. And the rooms had plenty of room.

I did not like the fact I had to over pay when I had proof of my reservation.

I had to pay 100 dollars plus an extra 13 dollars for a room I already booked and had waiting for me. I was told there was no booking under my name. I pay the amount, and look online to see that my booking was valid.

The heat worked just fine.

The bed was hard had stained Blood on the sides of it the...

The bed was hard had stained Blood on the sides of it the sheets had holes in it I asked for extra blankets cuz it was chilly in the room they said they didn't have any extra blankets the bathroom door knob was jiggly about to fall to hell off.

Horrible!!
    • King Room - Smoking

Mirrors were dirty, carpets stained, plugs coming out of the outlet, had to ask for wash rags, shower head coming off the wall. Given the wrong room in the beginning. Seedy characters hanging in lobby and outside. Plexiglass separating customers from staff. It looks like they had been robbed before. Furnishings in rooms falling apart. Vending machines not working. Location is horrible. I would never stay there again!!

It easily the best hotel for my money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The church at 8am when you are trying to sleep. The police harass people when they pull in or out. Bed is comfy.

They are courteous patient and friendly.

Staying here was convenient for me.

That I booked this place online (booking.com) months before arriving and when I arrived at the place, the staff could not pull up my booking on the computer, so I had to pay full-price instead of the discounted price room per-night. I was thinking, what if I didn’t have the extra money? What would have happened? That’s an error on either Booking.com or America’s Best Value Inn part. Not mine.

The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast could have been a whole lot better I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been a whole lot better I didn't like the breakfast at all they didn't have no pancakes no eggs no bacon the breakfast was the worst

Pleasant stay at America's Best Inn
    • King Room - Smoking

There wasn't anything I didn't like everything I came across was really good

The property was nice and clean the people were nice and polite kept everything good outside well lit housekeeping was good kept the room clean check to see if I needed anything

The hall that's about it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I ask could they switch my room due to the tv not working he told me he couldn't do that they was watching my room for what reason I don't know and they had me next to people who had 3 kids that was crying all night when I booked room I ask for higher floor they denied it I would not preferred anyone to go here rooms light are falling apart

The hall that's about it

Clean room with new carpet

I was little worried because of some of the reviews. I did smell weed smoke one late night in the elevator but, other than that, I am happy with the stay here. Room was clean and did not smell at all with the new carpet. Will definitely come back again. Highly recommended.

Checked in room not cleaned from previous guest.

Checked in room not cleaned from previous guest. Left came back around 8:00 pm same day still was not cleaned. Went to office to complain and they told us cleaners had gone for the day. My husband told them we were not sleeping in someone else's sweat. They gave us a room bottom floor around corner from check in desk. A lot of parties going on. A room a few doors down using microphone. Would not go to this place when I go again

Price

No where in the room was there information about the wifi or what the password was. There was no information about what check out time is. The air conditioner was very loud. No information about the time breakfast was available. The front desk staff was not friendly. I was not informed to keep my room key away from my cell phone. Many many inconvences.

Price

Overall, the stay was great. We definitely will be coming again.

There was no cable on the TVs. I traveled to the area because my son had to have surgery on his eye at Johns Hopkins Hospital. We have stayed at Americas Best Value Inn many times. No cable is our only complaint.

I liked the location of Americas Best Value Inn. The staff were pleasant and courteous. The rooms were spotless! Coffee was always available. That is a plus. Refrigerators in each individual room was also goo.

Short stay with no other choices.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room was clean, however, it didn't smell fresh nor did it appear to be freshly done. Carpet need to be cleaned and an upgrade needed to the decor of the room.

I would never go back.

Didn't feel safe. Vending machines didn't work nor did our TV remote. Hotel clerk didn't seem to care.

It was close to Johns Hopkins hospital. Only reason we needed a place to stay. The cleaning lady was very nice. She took care if our TV remote.

Not a great value!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Awoke with many bites. Blanket was thin. Women fought in the parking lot the initial night. Only white starchy food options in the morning. After 10 pm staff were abrasive.

Day shift staff was courteous and friendly.

You get what you pay for

Location is in an industrial area. Not a safe wander around.

The first indication that we were not in the right property was checking in. The front desk is separated by safety glass with little slots to pass your info thru. Uh oh. Though is may have value. Buyer beware. We checked out 2 hrs later. My observation with one guest led me to believe there city of Baltimore social services uses some the hotel rooms for the homeless/needy. That's ok but not where I want to stay.

ok place for low budget trip

No shuttle at all. You will need taxis all the time to go to the inner harbour, which costs approximately 18 Dollar as long as you stick to the yellow cab. Breakfast ends at 9:30 am. Smell of smoke in the bathroom.

Room was big, bed was ok. The manager was very friendly and helpful.

the room was clean, the location was okay

No towels was placed in room after cleaning and room key did not work, staff did not go out of their way to accommodate the clients / customer. They should not allow the customers to smoke at the entrance of the hotel.

the room was clean, the location was okay

Good value

We were quite satisfied. The admission desk has glass partitions - first timers might find it unerving

Rooms are large (king size bed) - bathroom modern and clean. Breakfast is continental and good with adequate cold selections - bagels, muffins, cereal, juice, toaster, oatmeal

Please Read Reviews First!

I am normally not a complainer but I really do not recommend that you stay here. When we arrived we saw that the front desk was behind bullet proof glass which put us on edge but we tried to be positive because it was in a big city so we thought it was understandable. Once we were given our keys we went to our room and discovered it was a smoking room even though I booked non-smoking. I have allergies so I really could not stay in the room. The ashtrays even still had ash in them. I went back down to the front desk to see if I could change rooms and the staff was very friendly and changed my room with no problems. However the "non- smoking" room smelled of Marijuana and there were ashes on the notepad in the room. There were also several people coming into and out of the hotel that made my husband and I feel uncomfortable. They seemed like they were on drugs and smelled of Marijuana as well. There were some ladies there who looked like they might be prostitutes. The whole room just needed a good wipe down and deep clean. The cleanliest part of the room was the bed (thank goodness) but it seemed like that was all that was changed since the last person stayed in there. The reviews for this place are very deceiving! Make sure you read them before you book. We had an Uber driver pick us up from the hotel to sight see and they even asked if we were okay staying there because it was in a bad neighborhood. It looks like they were in the process of renovating but I don't think renovations will help.

Nothing that outweighed the bad.

It was very quite on the 6th floor that is what I enjoyed...
    • King Room - Smoking

I did not like the maid coming to my room at 10am and check out is at 12pm. I was trying to get dressed.

It was very quite on the 6th floor that is what I enjoyed the most.

It was disgusting, we drove six hours home.

For starters when I called the property a day prior to our arrival to ask if we could check in at noon rather than three, the gentleman asked me to hold on in which a woman in the background rudely said "maybe, maybe not call back tomorrow". Then upon our arrival I paid $95 cash and we were placed in room 625. We took the elevator up to the sixth floor and it instantly smelled like marijuana. We then decided to leave the hotel and come back later in hopes the smell would be gone. Upon re arriving at the hotel we went up to the sixth floor to yet once again discover the smell of marijuana. We went into our room to try and relax and discovered that there was no fitted sheet on our bed so we went to sit on the chair in the room and it was beyond disgusting, stained. Looked in the bathroom and the piece to the shower head was falling off with what appeared to be mold in the grout in the tub. At that point I was over it, I was driving six hours back home. I went down to guest services to ask for a refund in which the woman told me I would have to wait until the morning to talk to her manager, I told her that was not happening, I was going back to New York tonight. She then got an attitude and contacted her manager. She called and gave him the details and he told her to refund me my money. I then got an email from booking.com that I was charged $10 plus tax for a cancellation, which I am not happy about because I did not cancel, I was refunded.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Just a clean place to stay nothing else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There seem to be a lot of people coming and going from the hotel who may not of been staying there.

My wife and I went to Innter harbor for one night. I priced many hotels in the downtown area ranging in price from $179. to $300 plus you had to pay for parking. We just needed a place to sleep so after reading the reviews for this hotel ( WHICH WERE MIXED ) I decided to give it a chance plus they had free on site parking. It was 4.2 miles from downtown which was a $ 11.21 Uber ride. The hotel the room and the bathroom were very clean ( and my wife in very particular) . We checked in went to the city went to bed had coffee in the morning then checked out so for our purposes this hotel worked out fine. The hotel is kind of set in an industrial area so there's no walking around the area. If your just looking for a place to sleep for a night or 2 than this hotel should serve your purposes.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Would not stay again at this hotel.

breakfast was cereal, white toast and stale pastries. Reception clerk was behind a window and although we had a print out of our booking he wanted to see proof of who we were. Would not stay again even though room was clean it just did not feel nice.

the room was clean and ok

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Should have stayed away!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel has gone done, a lot of drug activity. My son was approached by a person wanting drugs, the hotel staff not courteous at all. Not an overall good experience.

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the housekeeping staff were all very nice.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

basic and functional, but a bit ghetto and overpriced

I felt like I was in a check cashing place with a plexiglass barrier between the guests and the front desk staff.

The room was no frills, basic, and comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Great reasonable motel

breakfastbut adequate -- juice, dry cerea selection, breads, bagels, mini muffins coffee and juice. Room is spacious, clean, great TV channels, coffee maker and refirgerator. Bathroom was modern and immaculate. We enjoyed the rotating shower head. (nice touch)

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Terrible place to lay your head.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The location, the amount for a room,the place is in old conditions, felt very dirty, the oldest smell, everything about this hotel was seriously sorry.

I really didn't like anything about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Overall our stay was great. We were very comfortable. I

Can't think of anything

The bed was very comfortable. When we asked for extra towels, we received them with no problems. The mirrors on the walls was lovely ☺️☺️. The rooms was really cleaned. We enjoyed our stay..

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

not toddler friendly, bug problem and noise disturbance late at night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

I didn't like that I could not enjoy my stay with complaints on noise. The walls are so thin you hear everything in the hall and next to your room. My other family member saw a roach in their room. I will never sta at this location again!

The refrigerator in room and wifi.

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Rooms needs updating. Better breakfast.carpets very dirty in venue hall. Outlets didn't work in bathroom.

Front desk staff

It was ok til my son had to go to the er for testing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

My son stepped on a hyperdermic needle.

Professional staff

We will not be staying at an Americas best Value Inn again. !!!

The whole Inn needs to be cleaned and updated.

The room was large enough but in need of updating.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I always enjoy staying at this hotel why y'all don't give back to ur customers a free room somet

NOTHING EVERYTHING WAS GREAT

I love the set up for breakfast And the rooms smell so clean and don't forget about the service is AWESOME. 🍷

Tereible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Our sheets was dirty with stains and what appeared to be blood. The mattress had tons of stains and blanket had cigarette holes.

Bed was very comfortable, room very clean.
    • King Room - Smoking

Staff was very slow at front desk, too busy talking to each other, than guest.

Bed was very comfortable, room very clean.

Very dis satisfied

Not much it was by a elevator

I would never ever stay there or let any of my family or friends stay there the staff is not Pleasan

Let the staff/housekeeping still my property and the owner never respond to any of my calls

The area

Big rooms.

Breakfast could be healthier with more choices.

Big rooms.

It was good

N/a

Lovely
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Everything. Staff was nice and friendly. The room was clean.just all round Great.

Spacious room

Spacious room

I had an excellent stay

Service Morning breakfast

I stay was great I always use this hotel coming back in 2 months love u guys ❤

It's okay

Didn't stay long enough to rate it properly.

Everything Nice

The AC

The dirty couch in the room and cheap breakfast

The AC

Bathrooms have no counter space for toiletries etc

Bathrooms have no counter space for toiletries etc

Would like more breafast options, ie.

Did not realize by using bpoking.com we could not use AAA discount.

Would like more breafast options, ie., eggs, otatoes, etc.

Good Value

Always felt like there were alot of people in front or around the ground floor.

Cheap and loads of parking

Night in Baltimore

Where it was located

That it was ok..

Disappointment is not the word, more like DISGUSTED.

This place is an utter zoo!! The staff were rude and disrespectful to my family. Clean your establishment!!!

It was a last minute stay. Cheapest place I could find.

The elevators smelled like cigarettes. The hotel needs an upgrade.

It is the Best Hotel in Baltimore
    • King Room - Smoking

We my bed spread and tub didn't look clean

That we can smoke our cigarettes without going outside every 5 minute

Cockroaches
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We did not stay the night as there were cockroaches in the room. Not 1 or 2, they were all over. Front desk seemed used to it and unconcerned.

Favorite hotel

Smoking rooms need to be on top floor

They need real breakfast Not just bagels n cereal

Very good

N/a

The associate couldn't find my reservation so I had to...

The associate couldn't find my reservation so I had to wait another 20 mins for a room to reserve.

My staff was nasty