Reviews of AC Hotel Atlanta Downtown 3 stars

101 Andrew J. Young International Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA

#12 of 226 hotels in Atlanta

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

it was and outstanding staff with wonderful staff!

what could have been better is not having to pay for parking and that it cost 80 dollars non-refundable. I would prefer it costing paying 25 dollars for parking is the only downside.

The rooms looks just like on booking but the pictures doesn't do it any justice. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the city and places to eat. The bathroom was outstanding to sum it may not be a big thing but for me it is and the bathroom chic modern look and hanging shower was life! the bed was soft and i felt recharged just like the bed stated lol.. the blankets was so soft and fresh my black light didn't show any nasty shit! like i have found i pasted hotels. I love that they offer valet but for the price of the hotel it should be included in the price (80) buck for valet parking. only downside to the hotel. the entrance to the hotel smelled good and look nice and beautiful. its walking distance to almost everything that tourist enjoy. and about 25 mins from other cities just like every hotel in downtown Atlanta. But overall the hotel exceed my expectations and was definitely enjoyed my staff with my husband on a mini 4 day vacation. i forgot to mention the breakfast was outstanding and the barters made good drinks and friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Great time with my children in a nice hotel

The lighting wasn’t that good but it fits the hotel style I guess u could say!!

I Loved everything from location, to staff, and cleanliness! Room was really nice!! Plan on staying again when the pool is open for sure!! A lot to do nearby, we walked to aquarium which was minutes away. My sons got to rent and ride scooters 🛴 in a nearby park, which they enjoyed!!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

All the staff was absolutely AMAZING at the front desks!

Didn’t like they have no room service.

All the staff was absolutely AMAZING at the front desks!! The gentlemen who worked night shift for valet was so awesome very friendly. I had great time at this hotel I would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Okay for a weekend.

1. The scent used in the hotel is very overpowering 2. The insulation is poor. We where forced to leave our room because the smell of marijuana got really bad Saturday morning. 3. Our air conditioning unit had a slow annoying drip. 4. The room is a bit small

The facilities were very clean and modern. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Great location, friendly staff

We checked in and were given keys to a room and when we got to the room the cleaning crew was about 1/2 way finished cleaning the room. Less than an hour later a different cleaning crew started knocking on the door and asking if we were ready to check out and were there to clean the room. They had no clue we had just got to the room. The 1st cleaning crew had no idea either. Lack of communicating big time. Friendly staff, just lacking communication overall.

Great location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Amazing Downtown Hotel

The moment I had to leave.

The staff is very friendly. Greets you every time you walk in. Housekeeping was very accommodating. Hotel smells nice and the design is very modern. Good location. Center of it all. Downtown/Midtown is all very close. The room was very good in size and clean.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The comfort of the hotel room was very nice.

The front desk attendant that was working on Friday night was very rude to my partner and I. He tried to tell us that we had to have a room key to get into the hotel and I tried to explain to him that I have a room key and was getting it out of my wallet. He then proceeded to tell us "just go" and rolled his eyes and walked away. Very very poor customer service. Other then that, the rest of the staff were great and it was a good experience.

The comfort of the hotel room was very nice. Absolutely loved the big shower!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Overall the hotel was relaxing and I enjoyed my stay. I will be back again.

* The fireplace in the lounge area should have been turned on * There was a stain on one of my pillows * An indoor pool and sauna would be amazing amenities to add * I would love to have had an informative booklet/brochure about the hotel in my room

* The pool and outside lounge area * The valet attendants * The bathrooms in the room * The ability to watch YouTube on the television * The work desk and books lamps within the room * The ease of checkin and checkout

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Our stay was lovely overall and we would stay again.

We didn't like the fact we had to pay for parking $35 (which is not mentioned) or park across the street. Breakfast could of been a little bigger for $15.

Room was great. Everything updated beautifully. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Usually travel with extra pillows but didn't need for this trip. Lobby and check in a breeze.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

A

The fact that their is NO parking and 35$ dollars a night valet only!!! Terrible experience from this stand point of arriving and being told it would be an extra 104$ to park there!!?? After having already spent 479$ on my stay!! Seriously what hotel doesn't have parking for their already paying customers!?? Unacceptable.

The rooms

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good enough that I’ll be going back to stay again and only plan on using this hotel when in Atlanta

No complaints as I said I was extremely impressed and would recommend anyone to stay their friends, family, etc.

The staff were extremely helpful from the front desk, bartenders, cleaning staff and overall everyone we encountered. My girlfriend even left her IPhone in the restroom and when we went to the front desk they had it there waiting. Definitely will be booking with AC Hotel again in the near future.

So happy we decided to try this hotel!

Loved the entire experience. We couldn’t get the ac to go any lower so the room wasn’t cool enough for us but it was fine!

The staff was amazing!! From valet, check in, bartender... everyone was very helpful and friendly.

The hotel was clean.

The rooms did not have a microwave. The rooms were small. The windows were very tiny, so that made for not enough lighting in the room. The housekeeping came to our room on checkout day before checkout time and woke us up before we were ready to get up. If its check out day please do not come to my room before check out time.

The hotel was clean. The valet parking staff was friendly and accommodating. Conveniently located by centennial Olympic park and restaurants in downtown Atlanta.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Will be back! Great location next to the Tabernacle for a show. Overall everything was great!

Valet - could have been better service for the price per day. Slow and did not offer to help with bags out of the car upon arrival or checkout.

Mirrors in the bathroom were pretty cool, liked the modern look and wood floors. Thank you to the front desk for providing the code for the Phonebooth, amazing bar! Super close to the Tabernacle, so it is a perfect hotel if you are seeing a show.

Our stay here was absoultely amazing!!!!

When my wife and I arrived the hotel was beautiful nicely decorated. The staff was nice and friendly. Our room was clean and spacious . The bed was soft and the bathroom was wonderful. The view from our room was amazing. Also we were within walking distance. This hotel is in a great location,

I could have been better

Even though the rooms were nice, our room was a bit on the small side. There was no Bible in the room. There wasn't a microwave either.

The staff was awesome. They were willing to help us in any way. They accommodated our pricing. The rooms were very modernly decorated.

The staff was professional and very friendly.

The staff was professional and very friendly. They were quick to accommodate our needs. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. Just a great place to stay in a convenient location. We'll be back!

Staff was friendly and attentive.

Staff was friendly and attentive. Facilities were welcoming. Excellent part of town for tourists.... Near lots of attractions and easily accessible by MARTA, streetcar, and ride share services.

Very comfortable.

Quality of information at the desk upon arrival. Not able to indicate where to find restaurant. In fact there are plenty around

Very comfortable. Nice room. Good breakfast.

I will be back

Liked it all

Breakfast was incredible. Staff were totally amazing. Everyone from front desk to Maintenance were happy, excited to be there. Great experience

It was overall a decent experience

For the amount of money this hotel charges, free parking would be nice; however, it’s not. One valet parking worker almost ran over my girlfriend and I. If we hadn’t moved out the way it surely would have ended bad... The sad part was, he didn’t even realize he almost killed two people. I was provided an apology by another staff member. Otherwise the facility was nice and extremely clean.

Extremely clean facility

I loved the convenience of being able to walk to the stadium...

The lighting in the bathroom was not bright. My daughter found it hard to put her make up on with the lighting.

I loved the convenience of being able to walk to the stadium and feeling safe on the walk back after the concert. The room was very clean.

This property was fantastic, staff was polite, location...

The only thing we did t like was that there was no free parking for guests.... it was 35 per night to park

This property was fantastic, staff was polite, location great!

Good, reasonably- priced overnight stay

The coffee making machine was not clean.

All the staff we met were efficient and friendly. Reasonably sized room with good bed and shower room in modern style. The hotel is close to the metro. Wine and tapas in the hotel bar were good, if a bit pricey.

clean, modern room and bathroom (large shower!

AC broke down (stuck in ON-mode), front desk immediately sent someone up to fix it but the "fix" was to turn it off completely and it could not be turned on again so it got a bit warm in the room at night the only parking available is the valet parking which is 35usd

clean, modern room and bathroom (large shower!) lovely bar with some great drinks staff at reception desk was really friendly walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca Cola TV with dinner recommendations came in handy

The property area was great.

I didn’t like the fact that there is no where to park out there. You have to pay 35 for your car to stay overnight at the property.

The property area was great. It was right beside centennial park which was a plus.

A 100+

Everything was absolutely perfect. The location is exact! One of the cleanest hotels, even the a/c temperature is on point. No smell of dust in the room.

I like everything. Only other hotel AC can compete against, is itself!!.

Very welcoming and accommodating staff - had great...

The afternoon and evening food menu could be a bit better.

Very welcoming and accommodating staff - had great experiences with valet, front desk, bartenders and house keeping. Chic decor - plenty of areas to relax and gather besides your room. Easy check in and check out - main lobby computers to check into my flight do research and answer emails. Walking distance to the convention center and food. Great experience - I will stay here again when in Atlanta for business

Modern design, streamlined, comfortable bed, really room...

Really could not find fault.

Modern design, streamlined, comfortable bed, really room darkened and quiet. Beautiful lobby and public areas. Great out door space with fireplace. Very up to date! Southern hospitality reflected in every staff member, warm and welcoming. Also took care of confusion over my reservation with grace and made me feel welcome.

Reasonable 2 night stay close to amenities

Valet parking was convenient but expensive at $35 per day Bar didn’t, open until 4,00 pm although snacks and drink was available from a kiosk next to reception. Breakfast was “European” - nothing cooked other than toast during our short stay. Noisy aircon unit in room

Close to the park, CNN & Coca Cola who both provide tours. Reception desk staff very friendly and helpful

Location is good.

We could hear the romantic activity in the next room. We hadn’t understood that parking was not included (valet parking $ 35, parking lot $ 20). Staff was answering phone and checking us in at the same time, made an unattentive impression.

Location is good. Pool and outside area are nice to chill at!

Awesome! The outside does not do the inside justice! The hotel is very nice inside.

More choices in restaurants and the small store. And a shuttle bus is needed.

I loved how the rooms were so modern and upscale. The front staff acknowledged me each time I came and left. Great location too.

I absolutely LOVED the smell of this place (lobby + elevator...

??? (It would have been nice to have room service available, but this is/was not a big deal.)

I absolutely LOVED the smell of this place (lobby + elevator in particular). Your "scent architect" does a fantastic job! Bed was comfy, staff was friendly, shower was great, hotel itself is beautiful. I would definitely stay here again.

Beautiful

eautiful, clean hotel in great location. Beautiful is an understatement, from the lobby to the rooms, there is just beautiful design and art everywhere. Great places to relax and unwind in several different places on the main floor. Great bar and the breakfast is gourmet quality. It's too classy that I first thought I was out of place, but all of the staff were super friendly and very helpful. I loved my stay in the AC Hotel.

Great location. Just hope they have a room for your reservation when you arrive.

Beware when booking this hotel if it’s during a busy time in downtown because they will drastically overbook and blame it on a third party booking company. I had my reservation for over 6 month’s only to arrive and be told there were no rooms and Booking.com must have oversold them. It wasn’t until I pointed out that my booking was over 6 months old and Marriott.com was still offering rooms at this hotel for this particular night less than 24 hours prior to my arrival for $619 for the night. It sounded like they had a high demand and were selling rooms to the highest bidder instead of order booked. I was less than impressed.

Location/proximity to events at Philips Arena and the Stadium are about the only things this hotel has in its favor. The rooms are fine for a single night stay with comfortable beds and a nice shower.

When I first got to my room, the bathroom door broke.

When I first got to my room, the bathroom door broke. Had to wait over 40 minutes for someone to bring me a key so I could leave the new room they put me in, got locked out of my room the next day. I got over charged on my room and the money was taken off the wrong card. When I called they were quick to take the money off of the correct credit card but I am still waiting for my money to be put back on my debit card. They sent me the receipt stating the money is being put back on but on that receipt it is still $35 short or what they need to put back on my account, not including all of the overdraft fees I've been issued because I did not know they were taking money off of my debit card. I booked and paid online and should've only been charged $178 on my credit card, but got charged $240 on my debit card, I even got charged for valet that I didn't get. Terrible experience and I definitely will not be back.

Nothing great about it

Limited dining options in the hotel, no room service, room is smaller than usual, parking is additional fees

The cleanliness of the room and friendly staff

Uncomfortable.

The room in booked on booking.com was ultimately not available. So I was given a room where my friend and I had to share a bed. It was as if they didn’t even care.

It was great! Hallways smelled good too!

The carts are too small and you cannot hang clothes on them!!! Not cool...

The front desk staff were extremely warm and welcoming no matter how many times they saw me in a given day.

Enjoyed this hotel, great value

Lighting in rooms a little dark (mood lighting)

Large reception with friendly & helpful staff. Comfortable and clean common areas including the bar. Good sized rooms, spotless, huge flat screen tv, excellent facilities. Walking distance from acquarium, restaurants etc

AC hotel was the perfect place to stay for all our events in the Centennial Park area.

We had a terrible view of the rooftop HVAC units. It would have been nice to be on a higher floor so that we had a better view. The pool looked to be under construction (which the staff at check in didn't mention) but we weren't planning to swim anyway.

The room was very comfortable and nice

Location was excellent !

Parking was too expensive !

Location was excellent ! Could walk to everything Staff was very friendly . Computers were down when we arrived but we were compensated with free breakfast for the invonvenience !

The property has a great location.

Some of the front desk clerks weren't helpful or friendly, my credit card was charged for a room that I paid cash for and my money has yet to be refunded.

The property has a great location. The property is very modern, love the bathroom and the bar/ restaurant is really good. Will probably stay here on my next visit.

The hotel was nice but my incident was horrible

While there I checked out to stay with a friend one night but 2 ppl had keys to my room which the other person had not checked out yet. an employee assumed I wasn't returning &stayed in my room that I payed for & a watch was stolen and clothes was thrown across a table. I filed a report with the hotel and Atlanta police. Not happy with the end of my stay.

Location was great!

It’s a beautiful place to stay in the city, and so close to everything.

Only option for parking is valet and they hit you with that $40 fee when you check out that isn’t mentioned or included in the price of the hotel.

Great for the money. Very modern and lots of amenities. Outside area/bar was beautiful. Walking distance to all the main attractions in Atlanta. One block from centennial Olympic Park.

Just amazing! Will definitely be back!

This place was amazing! The staff, rooms, valet parking attendants, everyone was awesome! And the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable! Highly recommend this hotel!

Good experience would hope better rates on non special dates and events

Price rate to high and valet parking at a robbery rate of $35 a day . When there no other parking on property

Up to mordern date furniture and equipment

We had a great time. Perfect location for anyone attending an event at The Tablernacle like we were.

Although there was a very nice bar and a small store in the lobby, there was no on-site resturant. Not a deal breaker though because there were plenty of resturants within walking distance.

The front desk staff were the best. I don't think we ever walked through the lobby that they didn't greet us or ask if we needed anything. The room wasn't huge but it was big enough and the placement of the modern furniture made it seem more spacious. We enjoyed the courtyard area with double-sided outdoor fireplace right next to the pool.

I requested my car from the valet services 15 minuets prior...

I requested my car from the valet services 15 minuets prior to going downstairs to retrieve my vehicle only for my car not to be ready and the attendants unable to locate my car keys. This caused me to be late to an event.

We were hungry for breakfast and had to walk to a location 3 blocks away in the rain!

That they would not refund the breakfast charge!

We paid for breakfast for two mornings and there was no eggs, bacon, biscuits or bread! And they would not give us a refund even though we did not eat the so called breakfast!

I was very happy with this hotel! Amazing location (steps from Tabernacle, the Ferris Wheel and Park Bar). Modern/sleek room with awesome shower. The bed was extremely comfortable. Blackout curtains. 55 inch smart TVs to binge watch Netflix. Can’t wait to come back in the summer for a pool day!

Great choice of stay!

I didn’t care for the $35 valet parking per day

The bed was very comfy and the hotel was very convenient to everything! Staff had excellent customer service even down to housekeeping! Awesome hotel!!

The rooms were modern and staff was very friendly.

Rooms felt a bit small and were quite noisy. WiFi was annoying as well, once logged in it worked well, but you had to log in multiple times a day

The rooms were modern and staff was very friendly.

Location and the staff.

The room was a little small. The toilet kept clogging for no reason. And the shower would not drain. Had to call maintenance every day we were there.

Location and the staff. The staff was fantastic.

add Almond milk Great staff very friendly bed was great room clean and great hot water and comfy bed

The coffee tasted good but there was no Almond milk for coffee and the breakfast did not offer greens as an alternative. Would be great to have eggs with no cheese. The staff was so excellent and attentive. I will stay there again.

It was wondeful. I have no complaints.

I didnt know that there was ONLY valet parking. I feel that should be something that is mentioned on the website and it clear to the customer looking for hotels. Because they're parking is not cheap.

Everything actually, it was in a good area. It wasn't to easy to access the first time driving but we got the hang of it.

The hotel was very clean and nice inside, but it was expensive to park.

The lady at the front desk kept jerking me around about my room. Told me there wouldn’t be any rooms ready for another half hour, but then I watched her check in the next two customers in line. The elevators kept getting stuck, and they raised their price for parking in the last year.

The hotel had been remodeled so everything was new and clean. The valets were very prompt and helpful.

Nice rooms. Eh service.

I booked three rooms and was only able to check into one an hour after check in time. I wasn’t able to check into the other two rooms until 2 hours after our check in time. We had an event that evening so not being able to get into our rooms and get ready was very frustrating. We also drove six hours to get there so cramming everyone into one room was even more frustrating. The hotel was very busy for the holiday but I felt they were not at all prepared.

The rooms were very nice and recently updated.

Great Hotel near the aquarium and World Coca-Cola!!

Almost all sightseeing spots as well as metro station are really close to the hotel. Hotel is very new, nice, clean, comfortable and all staffs are very kind. We recommend this hotel!!

hotel location, appearance, room and cleanliness was ok but not worth the $220.00 for one night

I DID NOT LIKE the fact that when we pulled up, we had to wait for valet, we had to take our own bags to our room without a cart. We were told they were out of carts. We went to an event downtown ATL 12/16/17 and my sister came later and met with my fiance and I, She used the valet parking & when we returned it took them an 1 hour to find her car! another guy was waiting on his car and the valet brought him the wrong car. upon check out the next day i texted the number to have my vehicle out waiting once we checked out, we got down stairs 20 minutes later and no vehicle. so we're in the lobby holding all of our bags and boxes because there were no carts waiting on valet to bring my car. nobody ever once offered to help with bags upon check in or check out and i paid for mandatory valet and they did not valet at all! I book the room for $129 a night but i ended up paying $220.00 because they told me I had to pay for valet (and they did a terrible job) and another fee that I knew nothing about.

The design, the smell and the decoration of the hotel and room are nice, the hotel had a kinda strong cologne smell to it, kinda different but it smelled good.

Great Bed, Terrible Smell

This hotel REEKS of men's cologne. At first I thought it was just from some guest that lingered too long... nope. The entire lobby, the elevator, and all the room floors have the same strong cologne smell. There is also very little noise cancellation in the walls - I was woken up several times by loud guests. Also of note - there is no bathtub, only a (nice) walk in shower. Also expect to pay $35 for parking.

One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. I slept like a rock. The hotel looks new and modern and the room is very sleek. HUGE flatscreen TV, and the dual rain shower heads are a nice touch.

Overall I enjoyed my stay.

The valet lost my keys and the janitor pushed the audio alert for deaf ppl several times after we told them we had a late check out. We requested the late check out at 1am so I’m sure he was aware of it before pushing that button.

The bed was wonderful and the staff was very nice.

The area where I said was great for the event I was...

I didn't like at the time of check in they did not explain to me how much was being taken off my card. They took an add $26 off my card. I called and she states that is for accidentals or parking if you have a car. So I then check my account that morning they had ran my card for $170. Which was a add $35 for parking. So the total stay was only $149.98. These things would need to explain upfront before you just swipe the card and hand them a room key. Thanks.

The area where I said was great for the event I was attending. The hotel was very clean and the beds was very soft. Had a big TV and lots of lights all round. The shower was great it has a rain head as well as the detachable head.

We had stayed here before the renovations and was amazed at...

The food we ordered at the bar was cold and not very good.

We had stayed here before the renovations and was amazed at how much better everything was, especially the outside seating area.

Bed, pillows and linen very comfortable

The sliding bathroom door would not close. And it's proximity to one of the beds. How about a real bathroom door?? Horrible overwhelming fragrance in lobby.

Bed, pillows and linen very comfortable

AC Marriot are my favorites, but the valet here sucks.

The valet sucked. They have a system that you text, and then they pull the car around. We needed to get something from the car, so I texted the number. After about twenty minutes, I thought maybe he was busy so I went to double check. He was sitting on his phone. Then when I told him we needed the car, he just continued to sit there and finish his phone call first.

The staff was super friendly.

Great location downtown walking distance to major...

There was no sound barrier from the bathroom to bedroom due to a very thin sliding bathroom door. The music sound level in the lobby made it very hard to hear details at check in desk.

Great location downtown walking distance to major attractions. Friendly staff, clean rooms with modern design, very comfortable bed.

Overall stay was fair , lack of parking caused us many tickets , and the lack of breakfast

Not a good breakfast for 16 dollars , we were disappointed that they did not offer a complimentary breakfast

I liked the charging stations in the walls , and the shower was amazing

AC hotel is a great place to stay except for parking.

Valet parking only was very frustrating. $35 per night is way too expensive.

I loved the spa-like atmosphere. The entire facility has an amazing fresh, clean smell.

Loved everything about it

Need more people answering phone and helping at front desk Had to wait looonnngggg time while on phone and at checkin due to one person doing work if 3 people

Beautiful hotel and rooms are gorgeous love the bar area and lounge outside

Modern fixtures were a nice touch.

Room was very small and did not include any drawers for clothing. My wife and I both felt as if the room was slanted; left us with a touch of vertigo. The lobby area and lounge, while attractive with friendly service, had the overpowering smell of cheap cologne that became nauseating over time.

Modern fixtures were a nice touch. Convenience to downtown attractions was a big plus.

Will stay again.

Recently they changed valet companies to a slightly more expensive one.

My brother, sister-in-law, and I stayed here while attending Walker Stalker 2017. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The staff went above and beyond! We're recommending this place to everyone we know.

I loved how clean the hotel was and smell of aroma therapy...

PARKING is $35 a day to on the property!!! This is ridiculous, and it takes valet at least 15mins to get your car to you even if you call or text ahead asking for them to have it ready for you before you get downstairs.

I loved how clean the hotel was and smell of aroma therapy when you first walk into the "AC Lounge." Staff were friendly and eager to help. The bed in my room was very comfortable as well.

After being on the road for a long amount of time, I was...

After being on the road for a long amount of time, I was beyond impressed when I felt the bed. It was extremely comfortable! The staff was very accommodating and the room's feeling was very welcoming. I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Atlanta!

Just wonderful.

There was a little bit of confusion with the payment process. But the staff was very professional and really kind about everything.

It was very nice. The room was a bit small but very very nice & clean. The bed was so comfy like laying on a cloud and location was perfect for walking around centennial Park and downtown area. The staff was excellent.

Showing 1 – 75