Reviews of Adam's Mark Buffalo Niagara 3 stars

120 Church Street, Buffalo, NY 14202, USA

#19 of 21 hotels in Buffalo

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room the restaurant right in the motel

I enjoyed my stay the staff was grest the only thing we had to drive to places their was nothing really around the motel but the motel was clean friendly beds were comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel overall needs a little love. Carpets are worn. Rooms are dated. Rooms are outfitted with double/full beds. Not really comfy for two people to sleep in. Queens would easily fit in the rooms.

Location is amazing. Short walk to Coca Cola Field and local bars/restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Online it said it was valet parking...but when we got there it wasn't any...the parking lot was to far from hotel. When you are carrying items..I had a 1 year old also who had to be put in a stroller every time we parked for the night. But other than that everything was wonderful

Everything was wonderful. Staff was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleaner bed. Stains where on sheets and pillow. Very loud, the floor above me sound like the roof was caving in every 5 mins. The room doesn’t match the hotel room looked very poor but downstairs looked eligent. The beds weren’t the cleanest and I was very itchy the entire stay bed bugs?

Nothing really the bathroom is nice though and room somewhat spacious.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I’m not content with is the repairing service. On the first day I checked in I found the water sink in the bathroom has a problem which didn’t influence normal use. I reported the problem, and never got a response, it’s not fixed.

I went to Buffalo mainly for the Niagara Falls. This hotel lies close to the city center. Driving to the Niagara Falls only takes half an hour. I stayed in the 2 beds room. It’s well furnished, clean and comfortable. I also like the dinner there very much.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

.having security banging on the door at 12:30 in the morning while trying to have some alone time and accusing us of smoking and we don't even smoke. .then searching the room and threatening us with a fine..!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish they had a airport shuttle.

The good was amazing.At 5am trying to get to airport our car battery was dead. A staff member offered to jump it for us.Given it was freezing and still dark.Above and beyond.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very disappointed in the shape the room was on for suchb a high price. Also the fire alarm was pulled early in the morning which effected my day at work. Initially I was disappointed even From checkout. Walking into my room I was also disappointed If I couldve switched hotels ,I would've gotten the Hyatt which is so much nicer for less money. Its unfortunate becaise ive stayed in ur hotel for a few yrs. This room was the worst ive been in

Close to the convention center

• Executive King Room

The bathroom ceiling was falling apart. The early morning Fire Alarm to evacuate the hotel. Which the Fire Department seems to be at the hotel for this frequently(their problem child). The cleanliness of the fire escape route.

Location to Arena and Restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would be nice if it was in a area with shopping and variety store nearby.

We had the room service wings and fries and it was delicious! Quick and friendly service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check-in staff not very friendly or helpful, did not make an extra effort as to where the elevators are, how to get to the parking, I had to ask. As much as we liked to location found the place to be tired.

We liked the location, comfy bed and the buffet breakfast was good food and value the staff were a lot more friendly than the check-in staff for sure. Parking was easy and very convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

room was a bit outdated needs love, bed was not comfortable at all, the desk was so wobbly thought it was going to break, very loud room was near elevator and could hear everyone coming and going all the time. most places offer complimentary coffee in the lobby not this place. overall for the money i would have rather stayed somewhere else.

walking distance to keybank center, view was pretty seeing the buildings lit up across the way.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Possibly update the furnishings. Very dated.

We were treated extremely well and it made us feel like very special people. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleaning lady just walked into our room at 10am without knocking then told us that checkout was over and we said no it's at 11. She argued for a sec then she said fine and shut the door

Nice place and real good location to the key bank arena.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We'd stayed here before - not the newest or fanciest but overall a good value for laying down and having a sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful - probably the most important!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

for us everything was ok -

the location of the facility the breakfast buffet was good we arrived early not expecting to be able to check in but only to get a parking permit - but was surprised that they were able and did completely check us in -

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I made my reservation via booking.com 2 months prior to my stay. On arrival, the hotel could not locate my reservation at all. It was a busy period and rather than actively assist me, the hotel insisted I call booking.com on my own mobile phone and then try to resolve it with booking.com. Once I finally got through, booking.com had to make another phone call to the hotel to try and sort out the issue. I was standing at reception for an hour trying to check in. Whilst I was given a voucher at the restaurant as compensation, it was a ridiculous process to go through. I was tired from travelling and I didn't even get offered a seat. The staff were curt and unapologetic. To top it all off, they then charged me twice for two different reservations. I had to call up again to get one of the charges reversed and again I had to deal with completely unapologetic staff. Definitely my worst experience with booking.com and customer service at a hotel.

Relatively clean rooms at good rates. You pay for what you get. There are good fitness and pool facilities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the lift never wanted to stop at the floow i was on

the staff were excellent and very attune to my needs and queries. They make all the difference between me looking elsewhere if i travel to buffalo ago or insist on booking with adams mark again

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking garage location and how to get back to your room. Very confusing. Not really convenient

The wait staff at the restaurant was excellent. Personable and just down right awesome. Food was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom faucet didn't work well - fell off - but maintenance came to replace it quickly.

Location and price - cannot be beat. Also, was upgraded to nicer room without asking :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Vending machines only take $1 bills only. Restaurant and Bar could have a better selection as the hotel is really big. Parking lot didn't seem to secure, lots of pedestrian openings and very little lighting.

Good location to Key Bank Centre.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No rooms ready for check in until after 4PM. When we finally got a room, door was wide open, bathroom had been used, used soap and facecloth on the vanity. Beds had been jumped/sat on. Management, ho-hum, let's see if we can find another room. Place is dated, dirty. Manager looks and acts like he fends off a thousand complaints a day (and he probably does). Parking passes don't work. I could go on...

Location to the Key Bank Center was great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The vending machine on my floor didn't work.....but that's minor

I had only breakfast at the hotel. I can say that the breakfast buffet was fantastic. Staff very very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. No complaints.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We check in at 5pm and were given a "Up Grade Room " w/ a walk in shower because our standard room was not available. This was a room for Handicap guest ! not an Up Grade. I forgot to mention as we checked out that the Hand Held Shower hose leaked and sprayed all over the bathroom. We did not like how load and disruptive our neighbors were. .

We liked having a semi secluded room without having neighbors on both sides of us.

• Executive King Room

Maybe some live entertainment, being winter time staying in was a better idea. I live band or show would be great.

The bar lounge was comfy n the bartender was excellent!(Ranee)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had no problems with anything.

I was just really pleased with the help at the front desk. I was having problems with my card and Brittany was very helpful with that issue.

No pool,whirlpools and parking 11/2 blocks away

No complaints, 5 rooms only on floor ,kitchen in room .enojoyed watching body of water near by.was able to check in earlier 👍👍

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel could use some updates. It was a rainy weekend and there were some leaks in the ceiling.

The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Location is very central to sporting events in downtown Buffalo - within walking distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant in the hotel was a little pricey, but the food was good. The birds inside where we were eating kind of startled me.

great location! Close to many restaurants and sites.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room I booked was not cleaned by housekeeping. After being switched to new room I discovered the heater rattled. I told front desk and No maintenance even came to check on it throughout the night.

Location. Price.

• Executive King Room

My husband's shower had no hot water....ya he got up late. There was a pen "made" in the bed....so hidden under the bottom sheet....weird

the room and decor was nice I thought. Bathroom and floors etc clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Coffee in room was very blah, we drink it black. And the breakfast buffet is horrible! Never stocked and food was cold. Also our waitress ( wasn’t that busy) never refilled our coffee we went up and did! Saw a male manager wandering around but he never went to any tables or helped refill buffet.

Beds were awesome and very comfortable, huge tv to watch Olympics ( after we went to Sabres game and they lost 😞)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lousy shower head, beat up furniture, beat up elevator walls. Poor signage (came in from parking garage and couldn't find the elevators or the lobby).

Room was clean and the air was very clean (no odors, no perfumes, no cleaning smells). Temperature was easy to control. Indoor parking (a plus in Buffalo winters), although there was a $10 charge.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have stayed there before and I previously wrote the following critique. The location is very dated. The carpeting in the hallways looks dirty and dated with a need for upgrading. The lighting in the hallway corridors is dull and dingy.

The location is very good. It is in the heart of the city. It is close to business, shopping and transportation. The hotel is located right off of the merging of two major area highways for easy access by car.

• Executive King Room

Wasn't informed about $10 a day for parking . Which lead me to pay an extra $40 do to this late info my friend shouldn't be burdened with it !!.$40 extra we weren't notified took away from my experience.

Nice bedding ,clean but ciuld hear talking and i was on the top flr . Didnt understand that . Couldn't find out where the talking was coming from, vent, smoking porch ,pool area .early in am til 10pm off/ on

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was a bit dated, didn't know there was an additional parking fee per night

Comfortable beds, facilities clean, restaurants within walking distance,close to the marina

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Their revolving door at the entrance never seems to work quite right, but it’s a minor detail.

Although it’s a bit dated, this hotel is always clean, quiet, and centrally located.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was not clean and smelled stale. Pictures online make it look way better than it is. To get ice out of the vending machine you had to go in a sketchy back room.

The beds were extremely comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no fridge or microwave in the room. I feel like that should be an amenity these days. The bed was OK, but seemed to either be an older bed or less quality model. It wasn't bad enough to keep us from going back though. There seemed to be a lot of kids running around the hotel with no parental supervision. Riding hover boards and being loud running in hallways. We stayed the night of a Sabres game so that might be why there were so many kids, but it was disruptive.

The menu at the hotel restaurant was small but the food was fantastic. The burgers were big and cooked perfectly. The chicken wings were big and had crispy skin. The hotel is old and a little outdated but was clean and we have no complaints. The staff was great with any questions and gave us coupons for the restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought the beds were a bit smaller than the standard double

Rooms were put close together great selection I thought the Emergency alert for the evacuation was handled responsibly and efficiently

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't like how the front desk was so dismissive. Could of been more comforting and welcoming.Computer was not able to connect HDMI to the TV. But overall was a good stay

Staff working kitchen and restaurant area was really nice. Food was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Requests for assistance were not handled well, responses like "I can google it" were not appropriate.

Rooms and facilities were satisfactory, the shuttle services were very much appreciated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is old and outdated. Wallpaper peeling off of walls. Front entrance door was broken. Pool was cold. We were stuck in the elevator going to the parking lot from the third floor for a good 5-7 minutes because it was broken, I found out from an engineering technician that the hotel had that elevator serviced a few days before but it still wasn’t working, the management had not blocked off the elevator or posted any notice that it wasn’t working. The room was very cold as well as the hallways/corridors. Our heater wasn’t working and we could not adjust the room temperature. When I notified the front desk they did not charge us the $10 parking fee, because of this inconvenience. The fact that they charge $10 for parking is ridiculous to me, for the condition the hotel is in, parking should be free. There are loose wires hanging from the ceiling in the indoor parking. The corridors/hallways in the hotel have cracks and peeling paint on the ceilings in many spots and areas (this is very noticeable). Panelling in the main elevators is old and outdated, some panels are actually peeling right off or they are all scratched up. Elevators are freezing cold and some of them smell. The room had a coffe machine with coffee and tea, but there was no pot to put the water in.

Parking lot was empty, lots of available spaces. Indoor parking lot. Staff was friendly. Nice view of downtown Buffalo from our room window. Hotel was very close to the Bar we went to as well as Banks, shops, Coca Cola field and Key Bank Center as well as canal side, also close to NFTA metro rail Seneca station. All these attractions are within walking distance (no more than 15 minute walk to each place). Hotel is right next to interstate 190 and Buffalo skyway to Lackawanna NY, so easy highway access. Also hotel is not too far from the Amtrak station downtown or the Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino, which they offer a free shutttle to and from the Adams Mark Hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was nothing more but cheap.. the beds were hard, the tub was stained from dirt, cheap paint in the room, the mirror in the bathroom was horrible. There was no microwave or mini refrigerator available at all!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to switch rooms because in the first room the heat would not stay on. In the second room the toilet had a slow leak onto the floor and therefore "ran" on and off most of the night. At least the heat worked but it was noisier than most hotels I have stayed at.

The inside of the motel itself was very nice and the room was clean. Service for food onsite was slow but good quality. Overall I would go back again but don't expect perfection.

• Executive King Room

More staff on hand when checking in 3 people working the front desk and the line up was almost out the lobby doors.

Close walking distance to arena great location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

In the tower the rooms and hallway all looked like they had seen better days. The bed itself was too soft and saggy. No information in the room about the hotel. No fridge. Elevator took us to the wrong floor. Went down for the world junior's but could not get the games in the room.

Cool looking restaurant and lounge area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was advertised on booking.com for almost half threats we paid, a few days after we booked and we're unable to get the less expensive rate.

Good location, comfortable room and fabulous breakfast with room service! Hot and tasty!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Broken furniture in our room. Spent time killing spiders in our room. Internet was not sufficient. Room Service , when they finally answered the phone, took entirely too long. We were on our way out the door to find food elsewhere when it finally arrived. The bed was horribly uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t really clean. The room is outdated. I had a dirty towel in my room. An old key card was between the mattress and sheet. Stains on the curtains. Internet sucked.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The customer service was horrible. The room was dirty. The electrical wall socket was hanging out the wall. The tv didn’t work I had to go to 4 different floors to find a microwave. Other guest were given coupons to restaurant and I was not treated and offered the same level of service

There wasn’t anything I liked about the hotel and my stay I looked forward to leaving asap

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely loud. Every time someone walked by the door you felt like they were in your room. You can hear people in the rooms next to you. Absolutely no sound proofing.

close to the highway, not to far the the bars and food

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Buses were expected for an upcoming football game, yet when the buses arrived the staff seemed confused, overwhelmed, and unprepared. Also heard there had been some recent break-ins in the parking lot. I would like to think that my vehicle and contents are pretty safe and secure when I am staying somewhere as a guest (though we personally had no issue). The toilet in our room ran non-stop the entire 2 days we were there (Rm 640) and the pipes squealed horribly. An electrical outlet did not work. Some staff was not warm and friendly. No check to ensure that all guests evacuated during the fire alarm?

Hubby forgot toothbrush so they supplied one. Shower pressure was great and nice and hot, without temperature fluctuations. Room was fairly good at muffling sounds from other rooms which is a huge bonus. Plenty big room. Some staff was warm and friendly. The fire alarm that was set off in the middle of the night was not their fault - but the alarm system to alert us to get up and out was strong and loud.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a bit of a fight to get some items

The beds were really good and room was really spacious. Bar was nice as well. Really close to coach station and short Uber ride to bars

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were awoke at 6:55 am by a false alarm and then we ended up having to climb back up the stairs because they could not find the keys to restart the elevators and no one new what the procedures were to restart them. If you have people in your lobby for more than an hour, the least you can do is provide juice or coffee to keep them happy while you resolve the issue.

It felt like you where staying at 5 star hotel. The attention was great. The rooms and the facilities where in good standing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cold draft in the washroom. Requested something from the front desk, they never came. Had to pay for parking.

The beds were comfortable. The shower was hot.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other guest were rude and disgusted that they would allow black ppl to be guest. I've heard of them having race issues but omg so ridiculous in this day and age.

Friendliness of the staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise level they sent security up but that didn't help at all.

We appreciated the fact that they compensated us breakfast in the morning and that they took one night off and we wanted to check out because of the noise level that prior evening.

• Executive King Room

Reserved a King Room, but was given a double, as they had suggested that they had no other Kings available. Room was on the highway, far too noisy. When requesting a new room, took a long time to make the change and the bell hop didn't transfer our luggage for us. Handed us the new key and left. The restaurant service was horrible. Steak was a disaster (too well, then too rare). Server had little knowledge of the menu. Wrong glassware provided with drinks. Just didn't love their commitment (or lack thereof) to customer service. Won't be staying again.

Not much.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They advertised a breakfast buffet but was not available that morning.

We had to change rooms as there was a horrible leak as it was raining. I had a homeless person approach me outside of the lobby. Security did chase of said person.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no fridge or microwave in room and there were no smoking rooms and you had to pay for parking and no free breakfast...NOT good for the price of the room

Location and staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom could have a fan.

Friendly counter service, we thought the thermostat was broken ( it wasn't) and technician came right to room. Very spacious and quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was starting to show some signs of wear, such as missing pulls on cabinets, but this really did not impact my comfort or enjoyment.

This hotel was a great value and located conveniently for my needs. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is well above adequate. The rooms are clean, the staff is attentive and very pleasant. The hotel was located within walking distance of restaurants and parks. I would stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The buffet breakfast was not good. The food was tasteless and of poor quality. The wifi didn't work very well. There needs to be better instructions for the use of the air con. The rooms are in need of an update and refresh.

The room was a good size. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Plenty of channels on the TV.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Food both late night and room service breakfast, pizza lousy, french toast came w/ no syrup, by the time she came back food was cold / AC horrible / NO fan in the bathroom? / Hostess late after the concert was RUDE and the bartenders had NO personality / you would think the hotel would have planned for business after the concert but clearly there was not enough staff

Location to Key Bank Center / Comfortable bed / Shower head was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Woman at front desk for check in was horrible, didn't direct us to our room, didn't even tell us our room number, no communication whatsoever barely looked at me, I had to ask her where to go to find our room, she didn't tell me the amount or that she was even charging my card at check in, was polite enough but very bad communication skills and service for a front desk agent

restaurant food was great and the waitress working there for dinner was So pleasant to speak to. Men working around hotel were very helpful, helped us find a cab company and the pool ect. Pool was really nice as well

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front staff was not very informative at check in I was given a key and told pool is on the 3rd floor. I asked if there was a shuttle to Niagara falls and all the representative said was no sorry and did not offer any additional assistance. I asked one of the hostesses in the dinning room and she directed me to metro station which was a short 10 minute walk from the hotel. Hotel was nice enough but could use some updating for the cost. Poorly dressed staff.

Breakfast buffet was tasty but overpriced.

• Executive King Room

that we had to pay extra for parking...i've been to 4star hotels who allow you to park as long as you had your room key...disappointed as they had a cheering competition same time and so the parking was full. no store for tylenol or pepto bismal. front desk told me closest store was 5 min drive away so inconvenient

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Gave the good and bad above.

The front desk staff were fine. The staff in the bar lounge area were awful. Hardly any customers but had to wait forever to be waited on each and every time. The furniture was also old and falling apart and not kept very clean. The bed was also very uncomfortable. I paid $256 for one night , so I would have thought it would be more like a five star place.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Disappointed that I had to pay $10 to park. And breakfast wasn't free! Not paying $1.50 for a small cup of coffee, sorry! Probably won't book here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we got back from a concert there was no food/drink options in the hotel or nearby. We had to rely on the poor selection from the vending machines.

The hotel was a close walk to restaurants.

• Executive King Room

Elevators not working. Had to take staff/service elevator through behind the scenes area of the hotel. Lockers, lunchroom, dirty laundry, etc. There were signs up directing guests that looked like they had been there for some time, so this wasn't a new issue. Mold and mildew in our shower.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds and pillows. In walking distance of many amenities. Gorgeous lobby and restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast buffet is dissapointing, even though it is boasted the best in town, it is no comparison to European standard. We were asked if we would give an extra tip even though there has been a tip of 15% in the bill already.

Quite close to the highway, parking is convenient, rooms are spacious and clean yet rather old and poorly equipped.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was small and it smelled like bug spray was not very clean the elevators did not work so made it very inconvenient. the internet didnt work. You were only in walking distance to the harbor you had to get a cab to go downtown. No refrigerator in the room. The shower was awful might as well have been taking a shower with a water hose.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1 elevator worked out of 4. No one knew where the stairs were. Restaurant staff all seemed like theybwoukd rather work elsewhere

Location was nice...close to boarder. Close to marina

Browse Adam's Mark Buffalo Niagara traveller photo gallery