Reviews of Adelaide Hostel 1 stars

5 Isadora Duncan Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA

#98 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Based on 2223 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

For the Hostel it was very good.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

For the Hostel it was very good. I was with some people from another corners of world and it was good experience to speak with them. Before my booking I was little bit afraid about 6 people room but it is okay don't worry. The position in city is good because food stores and restaurants are closed hostel. I recommend like price/ quality hostel in SF. :)

OK
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

This hostel is in rough neighbourhood. Especialy at night I didnt feel confortable walking around. I didnt understand why the stuff provide single use cups and plates for breakfast, I always took normal ones and than cleaned it after myself and I supose everyone is possible to do so, planet is full of trash why produce more?

I like that each bed has a privacy made with curtains. I met nice people in my room. The luggage storage helped me the last day and the space under the bed was big enough for my huge suitcase.

Decent budget (for SF) option
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Rooms are very cramped The bar crawls that the hotel advertises aren’t actually run by them, and they’re fairly crap

Conveniently located Breakfast is toast/bagels with spreads/peanut butter/Philadelphia, cereal, fruit etc

Helpful staff, really characterful building, great location...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Steep steps to get into building, then more to bedrooms/kitchen - definitely not suitable if you have access issues or are carrying bulky/heavy luggage. Terrible shower (though maybe it was just the one I tried).

Helpful staff, really characterful building, great location close to Union Square (and handy for several car rental places). Spacious lounge and kitchen.

Great clean hostel, with good location. Perfect place to meet people and hangout.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The only problem was that it’s kinda difficult to get into the bunk beds, and they are always fully booked so book many days or weeks in advance.

The layout of the rooms and the common room is very cool.

Not bad
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Room was hot and had no fan or air-conditioning. Had to take my bags up two flights of stairs as there was no lift. Had to pay for any towels if we didn't have one.

Breakfasts included and some dinners.

Location of this hostel was great!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Location of this hostel was great! The staff are super friendly and helpful. Took a little while to get used to the top bunk bed as they are quite high but other than that the stay was perfect. The free dinner was also delicious!

-great breakfast!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

-bathrooms were small, and they didn’t have hot water. Not sure if it was just my floor but I didn’t get hot water the whole time I was there .

-great breakfast!! -staff was nice and helpful -good location

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The beds were so comfy and it was nice to have your own...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There wasn’t anything I particularly disliked. Everything was just basic - you get what you pay for!

The beds were so comfy and it was nice to have your own little space when you drew the curtain. Although the room wasn’t very spacious and very awkward when there is more than 1 of you trying to get around.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Good breakfast
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The first day that I arrived I couldn't use the kitchen because they were cooking the family dinner, I slept in a lot of hostels and Noone of us closed the kitchen for the family dinner. The second day the housekeeping took my towel and they didn't give me back. My room didn't have a air conduct so the air was very hard. The bathrooms weren't so clean. The hostel is very bored they didn't organize nothing

Good breakfast

The staffs are very friendly and helpful.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Some shared shower rooms don’t have great hot shower.

The staffs are very friendly and helpful. I arrived midnight, the staff on duty still introduced the city to me with enthusiasm. The bed is comfortable. The location is great. It is very convenient to everywhere.

The Adelaide has a great vibe.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The Adelaide has a great vibe. A quiet little hide away in the busy down town of SF. The staff are super helpful, the beds are comfortable and the breakfast is delicious. Transport links are close and the city and surrounding areas are easily accessible. There is a little mini-mart super close and Trader Joe’s is a short walk. I really enjoyed my time at the Adelaide. Thanks for having me. I’ll be back.

Weekend Getaway to SF
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I have no complaints. I had a great weekend in SF at the Adelaide!

Perfect SF experience! I love the privacy curtain on the beds. The windows let in a ton of natural light AND they had good blackout curtains if you wanted to take a little afternoon power nap. I heard from my bunkmate that the breakfast was awesome --- I don't know... I slept in both days and was eating way too much sourdough bread to worry about things like that. Great kitchen and big fridge that everyone fits into. Also, smokers may be annoyed, but I really liked that smoking is banned in the alley right in front at night - since we left the window open at night, I didn't have smoke wafting into the room like I did in the daytime. Quick <10 min walk from and easy access to Powell station which gets you everywhere from the airport to the wharf. Also, there is a super convenient spot at the end of Isabella to get an Uber pickup. Can't wait to come back!

Good selection of breads/bagels/fruit etc for...

No elevator

Good selection of breads/bagels/fruit etc for breakfast. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great for solo travelling as have links with other hostels/events. Curtains around beds great too

Pricey,uncomfortable,dirty,rude workers
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Rude personal, the bunk bed is not a regular one is made by wood very high beds i am 5,7 i was in the top one nightmare to get there, very thin stairs to get to the top one,i almost fell off and the upper bed is like more than 2 meters from the floor so imagine if i fall, the lower one is very high so if you short like my mother is , you have to jump in order to get into the bed, i never saw anything like that dissapointed, the room looked something where the animals sleep i guess they have different rooms idk but this bunkbed was a nightmare,restroom incredible dirty, didnt even got a shower i waited until the next hostel i dont know about the breakfast so i cant give an opinion since when they give me the keys,they did not explain anything did not know where the kitchen was no tour in the place at all i cant believe i pay more than 100$ for that place never ever again, i was clueless about where to go first time in San Francisco the person that work in the desk in the evening was annoyed by my questions to where to go sooo rude i travelled around the world and i stay in tons of hostels in California since i did the whole coast didnt see anything like that,there was a girl that speak spanish next day she was helpful finally about what to visit,tours etc.. but too late i was already leaving, this person that gave me the keys the day before should’ve do that instead of screaming in the line to check in ,not my fault if she is in a rush so RUDE, nothing good to say i always try to give nice reviews or see the positive side in each place not here imposible,really bad experience,not recommended .

I didnt like anything the person that was there in the evening was screeming next in line didnt care about questions ,was my first time and i did not know where to go not to mention that i asked if i could have lower beds since i was travelling with my mother she said i couldnt touch beds other that what she assigned us, rude , i wish i can have pics of the room worst place that ive visit and i travel around the world not even mention the price not worth it.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Not bad
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Saw a Mickey Mouse in the living room except it was not a mickey. The room can be smelly if the window is closed.

Location was easy to find. Staff were helpful. Bed was clean. But it was cold because of the weather, so I asked for two more extra covers. The shower was ok. I saw there were free breakfast but I never ate in.

Big, big deception. Left early. Would never go again.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Staff was extremely rude. They didn't have a freezer (for the clients) and I had bought some frozen foods and was told I couldn't put it in the staff freezer. I mean, if it says "full kitchen", I think full kitchen. Bunk beds are really high and dangerous. I am an athlete, but I hurt myself going down. Rooms are cramped. Sheets were dirty: vomit stains. Had to change them. Breakfast fine, but orange juice that they cut with water. The eating area is really depressing. The owner was nice and accommodating though. But he looks overwhelmed with work. This place is like a factory of tourists. It's cold and sad.

Patrick, the owner, is nice.

I'd probably stay there again, it was great
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

One of the staff members was a little rude... Consistently rude. The others were actually really standout

Nice atmosphere, overall a pretty decent hostel with good breakfasts and a nice community

I had a very easy, safe and comfortable stay in a super cool location. :)
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The nights can be noisey since San Fran is a big city, therefore the air got a little sticky with closed window. Its also very expensive compared to the rest of the West Coast, but rental prices in San Fran are INSANE so it makes sense in the end.

Very cool architecture as in the whole city, very good location. The beds are comfortable and can be closed with a seperate curtain. big windows keep the room bright! more than one shower per floor and seperate toilets. Locks available! all very convenient, thanks a lot :)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The complimentary breakfast was more than expected;
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Top bunks can be a little daunting as they are a little higher than a regular bunk and sometimes difficult to climb.

The complimentary breakfast was more than expected; they had fruit and juice fresh every morning! There was always a fun activity each day whether it be movie night or pub crawl or even tours. Beds had heaps of room, a shelf, power points, and curtains for privacy.

Very nice youth hostel
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Breakfast very simple and limited, a bit expensive for the price but I think that's a general statement for all accomodations in San Francisco

Great location, very close to Union Square and not far from Chinatown. It's very close to Powell Street Station and the cable car, so you can move around pretty easily. The rooms are equipped with under bed storage for the luggage that you can lock with a padlock, that's very convenient. Moreover, each bed has a curtain, so you can isolate yourself if you need. In that respect, it's the best youth hostel I've been too. The showers / toilets are quite clean. Mondays and wednesdays you can mingle around a free dinner! Pretty cool!

Met my needs, and I wish I could've had time to enjoy breakfast, and the dinner the night I arrived.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Room was warmer than I'd prefer for sleeping, but since it was shared by 4 people, it probably averaged out fine. Bunk fans probably would be an easy fix.

Overall quiet, except a little street noise from the window being opened. Generous storage space under the bunks, with a light and electrical outlet. Nice dim bunk lighting, so it didn't disturb others, with an available electrical outlet and in-room sink.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

While we were checking out, we waited for a long time.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

While we were checking out, we waited for a long time. We could not be comfortably seated in the lobby because some sleepy boyfriend of one of the front desk personnel had his entire body in the couch. He would nit sit and make room ignoring two senior citizens waiting to be seated.

Fun Time BUT Pay Attention to Parking
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everyone and everything was good. Except parking. I got my car towed away and had to pay $530 to get it out. Other than that i had a good experience. Met cool people from around the world.

Met some cool people from around the world. Everyone has a different story of why they are there.

Tip Top
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff were over the top friendly. The other patrons were also very friendly. I will without a doubt be stayiny there on my next trip to the bay area.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I loved the cooking facilities and the big eating area.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I didnt like the old carpets. The tables in kitchen needed cleaning.The kitchen was closed for too long on Monday and Thursday. No access to your own food. One shower works very badly.

I loved the cooking facilities and the big eating area. It was great to have access to tea and coffee and microwave even when kitchen was locked. Good breakfast and lovely selection of herbal teas. I loved curtains for each bed and light and socket. There is a big lounge area in lobby with good toilet and shower facilities. Generally a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I love cooking stuff
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Many things for you to make your own meel, never seen something like this in hostel before Restroom and bathroom is enough to use (not at the same time, though haha) and it’s quite clean Good bed Good environment (inside) Good front dest :) Love it 👍🏻

Clean,breakfast,location,big living room,great staff.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The upper bed has no safety handle. A little bit cold in the night,1 more blanket will be better.

Clean,breakfast,location,big living room,great staff....

Convenient hostel in the very center of SF
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The breakfast is nasty - well maybe this is normal for the Americans used to junk food, but when you come from another country, you can't consider junk bread and bagels are OK. In some other hostels you'll have oats and edible bread.

The rooms are convenient: I liked the curtain, the flange in the wall next to the bed and the big safes under the beds, real solid beds that do not squeak. The personal is kind, except that they cancelled my reservation because I was late for some plane issues, although I had advised them that they should not cancel and they confirmed they had my message. But they tried their best to find me a new place, I was in a partner hostel for 1 night (the Dakota, which is MUCH worse, beds are very crappy), and then moved back to Adelaide, so I appreciated they effort to correct their mistake - everyone can make mistakes.

DO NOT STAY HERE. MICE IN THE KITCHEN
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The lady working the night shift is one of the rudest individuals I have ever met, she was unhelpful and even pushed my bag to the ground rather than simply walking around it, when I arrived. Furthermore, the rooms are not cleaned daily and the bathrooms are dirty with very slow drainage. But the worst factor has got the be the fact that there was a family of mice living in the kitchen and running in and out of the cupboards where the food was kept. An absolute health hazard. This place should be closed until they figure out their huge in situation.

Great location and value for money.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Top bunk beds are hard to climb up and down from. Also had an issue with the airport shuttle that I arranged thru the hostel - better to have Plan B or arrange directly with the transport provider.

The location is perfect. Facilities are in good condition and breakfast was excellent. Staff members I dealt with are happy to answer questions about places to see or visit complete with directions, maps, and all.

Good!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The water was hot enough but did not work well.

Overall it was a good experience and price point was quite good I think considering what is out there and that I paid in Australian dollars. The only issue I had was the shower. It did not work well.......it was so bad it made me laugh out loud! If it was your own shower one would rectify quick smart!!!

Worth it! :)
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Breakfast is really good for a hostel, and they have free dinner (simple but really good) twice a week :) Wi-Fi is good, staff is nice and they have courtains on the bunk beds, what gives you more privacy.

The location was pretty cool!
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I booked for two nights, I couldn’t find anything else interesting in the center the same day. I regret so much, it’s sooo expensive for what you get, a regular hostel with a zero friendly personal

The location was pretty cool! 👌

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Beds were comfy but pillow isn’t.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No elevator so get ready to climb upto 2nd floor with heavy bags. Whole place is quite old and has mouldy smell. Bathrooms were not clean.

Beds were comfy but pillow isn’t. Brekky was great. Staff is amazing, very helpful. Has big lockers to fit large suitcase.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Rooms were old but clean.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

No A/C, rooms were super hot.

Rooms were old but clean. Wifi worked well and free breakfast was a bonus. Nothing fancy but great location for a reasonable price.

It is an okay hostel for one or two nights
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Very expensive for a hostel. We were in a six person room and it was tiny - hardly any space to move around and felt like we were all living on top of one another. The top bunks are very high up and hard to get into. We couldn’t have stayed more than two nights here.

The property was in a good central location with easy access to main sights. It was generally pretty clean although the showers could have been a little cleaner. The breakfast in the morning was good. Good to have a curtain for privacy in the bed. Allowed us to store bags on check out.

Adelaide hostel
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The staff needs a better communication. Also there was no actual bath tub. Just hours building on that, a lot of the showers and bathrooms were separated Which I did not appreciate.

The price was decent for the location. I mean I was in the city for reasonable price.

Nice and comfortable
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very expensive for a hostel but accommodation in general for San Fransisco is incredibly expensive. No complaints as it was a comfortable stay, only feed back is the lockers for the bunks were under the opposite bunks so you often disturbed your sleeping room mates by going into your locker that was under their bed not yours.

Good walking distance to market street and attractions. The breakfast and free dinner twice a week is a lovely bonus. Has all the facilities you need. Located down an alley way that is private and safe and free from the homeless population.

Bed was comfortable, the privacy curtain was appreciated.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Not recommended for anyone with heavy luggages as there are no lifts. The toilets are not the best.

Bed was comfortable, the privacy curtain was appreciated. This place is good for value given the location. Staffs were really nice with baggage storage.

Great hostel, easy public transport around
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Kitchen and breakfast was great. Fresh fruit every morning (orange, blueberries, apple, bananas), oatmeal (without flavours too) and all kind of bread, Philadelphia, marmalades, Nutella....). And as bonus on Monday and Thursday free diner (choice veggie or with meat).

Great friendly staff willing to provide assistance.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Shower pressure was weak and made washing hair difficult. Long walk to fisherman’s wharf

Great friendly staff willing to provide assistance. Good location to union square. Comfy beds and ample bathrooms. Fantastic free breakfast and overall clean stay. Would recommend and stay again :)

Oh my god. Whats happen in this hostel
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

i just hang my pants on the door hanger before go out in morning. But its just disapppear. And i want to change my bed in the morning but the staff said that bed is already check in early morning. But someone check in at 10 pm in my room(i asked her). Whats happen in this hostel. oh my god

I dont know

Location, the curtains in the beds makes it very isolated...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Great location and value for money

Location, the curtains in the beds makes it very isolated from the rest of the room so you have your own particular bed. That's comfy

Brilliant staff. Brilliant location. And the breakfast and free dinner was superb.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Nothing. Maybe toilet a little bit cleaner but very good for a hostel standard!

Very central. What a backpacker or visiting tourist wants. It isn’t 4 star luxury but for a hostel is it perfect. Staff were so nice and atmosphere was very welcoming. Would 100% stay again.

I love all the staff there the lovely Irish girl who works...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I love all the staff there the lovely Irish girl who works behind the reception desk and also the the guy from Colombia who makes an awesome shepherds pie 👌👌👌

What I liked about staying in this hostel was that the safe...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

What I liked about staying in this hostel was that the safe deposit was big enough to fit in all your things and the other thing I likeed about was that you could cover your bed with a curtain that you could feel more private.

Hostel visit in 1st week of July 2018
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A little bit noisy but I think it is because of its central location. It will be a good idea to bring your own toiletries.

Very good breakfast. Lobby area was well decorated and supplied with small tables for laptops. Power slots everywhere. They also areanged airport shuttle for 11 USD. Staff was very friendly. Superstore just around thr corner.

It's a very good place to stay a while!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It's a very good place to stay a while! I will come back one day! You can walk everywhere easily. I like that you have a big storage underness the beds, where you just need a locker for. The team of the hostel is really friendly and it feels good to stay there! They do a lot, that you feel just comfortable and doing there best to bring there guest together, like movie night or cooking in the evening. I have just good memories and will again say thanks to all of them! Take care and see you!

Great place with great Breakfast
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It gets really really hot in the bedrooms and the windows don't really let the wind in... It is really expensive but that's the same everywhere in SF... They are really keen on the quietness. If you are looking for a quiet place even in the common areas then it's great. The last night of my stay, we put some music on in the kitchen and after 10 we were asked to turn it off...

The bedrooms are great. It is spacious, clean and you have curtains so because you don't get waken up by the light or the others. You have plenty of private bathroom and showers in the hallway. The breakfast is great. And all the facilities are tremendous. You feel in your living-room. And they have a terrasse near the kitchen so you can even eat outside. The staff is really friendly all the more if you speak Spanish...

Pleasant stay, helpful staff, amazing location, great rooms, value for money !!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Lady who works at Reception at night was sometimes rude.

It’s very clean, staff are helpful. The best part is the bed; you are given a bunk bed with closed curtains ; charging station and a lamp for reading. This makes it feel like being in your own private mini room.

It was such a good stay wish k could have stayed longer.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was pretty loud during dinner or breakfast

It was such a good stay wish k could have stayed longer. Everyone was so friendly and the place was so comfy

Free soup
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Too many idiotic rules like no kitchen access during the afternoon or check out at 10am. Staff in the kitchen really unfriendly and inconsiderate. Not going back

Free soup

Great stay.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I had to wait to check in until 2:00, but when I got to my room it was still being cleaned.

The living room was very nice and the location was great. I walked everywhere.

If you want to explore SF and be frugal, you WILL stay here.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I didn’t know you had to bring your own towel (that’s my own ignorance). Bring flip flops. The shower heads were wacked out, so the showers actually take longer! Bring a combo or padlock for the locker under your bed. It has good room!!

The breakfast exceeded my expectations. Better than a continental breakfast for sure! The bagels were great quality, the peanut butter was delicious, and the cut bananas made it happen. The coffee wasn’t bad considering. For my first time in a hostel ever, this place made it a very positive experience! And I would do it again to save money! With the money I saved, I was able to go to Alcatraz and take a bay boat tour, and eat some of the great food around these parts.

1-The place is very close to union square and BART stations.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I waited for a long time at the airport waiting for a bus shuttle and didn't find it so i took the BART.

1-The place is very close to union square and BART stations. 2-Very clean and comfortable.

Great price and value for this area.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The room was really hot during the night. The bed was really small because I am 1.9 m and it was 1.9 m ... so for a tall guy it might be a little bit too small.

The breakfast was really great and it is in the middle of the city.

Free breakfast and dinner, with access to free noodles, tea...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Free breakfast and dinner, with access to free noodles, tea and hot chocolate around the clock. Wifi is good, there's plenty of showers and restrooms. Staff are really friendly and helpful with the exception of one member. Lots of restaurants and shops in the area, and very central. Kind of close to Tenderloin, which is a quite shady place, but it's far away enough that you're not likely to be bothered.

Great affordable stay in the heart of San Francisco
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

At night the neighborhood didn’t feel too safe, although much better than the nearby streets.

I stayed in the four-bed room; it was clean and comfortable, each bed is separated by a curtain so very discreet. Bathroom is very clean, beyond my expectation. Breakfast choice is acceptable considering the rate. Really close walking distance to Union Square. Right opposite a good Korean restaurant that opens till late. They have washing and drying machines.

Not a great deal for the money
    • Classic Triple Room

Rooms just next to the living room where many guests hang out. Old facilities. Very poor breakfast, worst orange juice ever and surely not a please breakfast area. Small bathroom. Overall you don't get much for your money. Not a very private hotel more for someone looking for a community vibe.

Good location.

Near powell station, you can cook your own meal
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Smelly, hot and infected rooms. Breakfast full of carbs and glutein. If you’re over six feet tall, beds are not for you.

Near powell station, you can cook your own meal

The beds are very private which was a plus.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

There as a lot of dust on the top bunk so they clearly don't do deep cleans very often. The atmosphere in the hostel was almost too quiet, no one really interacted with anyone else which I found odd and a little uncomfortable...

The beds are very private which was a plus.

One of the better hostels I stayed at

A lot of stairs ☺

Incredible hostel even though I could only stau from midnight to 7am. I`m coming back for sure! Even if it`s just for the comfy beds and the wonderfull breakfast.

Great experience in SF
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Being a hostel I expected more hospitality from the other roommates. Basically the main interactions were “hi” and “good night”. Obviously is not up to the hostel that. But perhaps is something to keep in mind.

The property was really well located, so I was a walking distance from almost anywhere I wanted to go. The staff was very helpful at all time. I booked a room of 6 bunk beds, with my own personal lockers. Lockers look really safe, and they have power plugs inside them.

They had a shuttle to the airport, which you could order...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The person welcoming us in the beginning asked for our documents, end then didn't talk to us while proceeding. It felt a little bit weird, no small talk and also not informing us what she is doing.

They had a shuttle to the airport, which you could order pretty spontaneously.

Great to stay
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I found a someone’s hair on my pillow, but not very serious issue.

It offers a comfortable room and a nice breakfast. Upgraded my room with free charge.

The breakfast, the WiFi connexion
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

- I stayed one night I took a cold shower. - The mattress was not comfortable. - No soap or shampoo for the shower. - And way too expensive ($63 for a 8-bed room).

The breakfast, the WiFi connexion

The location was really good.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

My bed sheets had stains on them.

The location was really good. I also really liked that each bed had a curtain so there was some privacy. The breakfast was also nice

4-bed dorms are large and comfortable.

Old Expensive Most bathrooms are small + not super clean Not really any events at the hostel, but they do arrange some stuff in other places. Not a “party hostel or particularly for young people One staff member was very rude No AC = really hot in the rooms on summer days

4-bed dorms are large and comfortable. Sink in room and curtains for the bed. Good breakfast Free dinner twice a week Quiet but social Nice Lounge No wait for bathrooms

The room it self was really clean and big
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The bathrooms (and toilets) are really small and most of the time there was a lot of dirt. It was not cleaned well...

The room it self was really clean and big

Good!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Not every staff is friendly, few of them from reception are cold.

Really like the curtain, have privacy and with a lamp in every bed. Providing breakfast, good enough although everyday is the same and the location is really convenient and could walk to many tourist places.

Fair enough. Not so comfy though.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Uf you have big luggage. Have patience to bring it up by stairs.

The only good thing about this hostel is the location. Walking distance to union square.

Scary location. Avoid
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Very poor location. Unfortunately, the area that the hostel is in has become fairly rough over the years. I walked half a block to Walgreens and very quickly worked out that I was in the bad part of town. I felt very unsafe walking around the area, even in daylight. In addition, the top bunks are way too high up and do not have a very good ladder to get up and down - this seemed like a situation that someone could easily break their leg.

Bathroom set up okay

The location is great, at the center of Union Square area.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The location is great, at the center of Union Square area. You can get easy access to all location. The breakfast is relatively abundant for a hostel, and sometimes there are unexpected cute events going on in the hostel. However, the restroom is not really clean.

The stuff is not so nice, the price is so expensive compare...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The stuff is not so nice, the price is so expensive compare to other hostel in the same time. And the tax added is so much (14% of tax in total price, tax in CA is only 8.5%). And when i asked the reason, the stuff answered with very uncomfortable attitude. They said that booking took the tax, not them. I should pay for double tax???

Browse Adelaide Hostel traveller photo gallery