Reviews of BackPackers Paradise Hostel 1 stars

5.6

6.1

5.2

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

If you need a place to crash before heading to LAX, the place is sufficient.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The restrooms were very dirty and I had to share it with cockroaches. The bunk beds were squeaky and did not make a very robust impression.

After I read the reviews, I was a bit afraid of what to expect. However, the staff were friendly and the sheets were clean. The complimentary airport shuttle is also very nice.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

TERRIBLE. not worth the pay.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

a lot to mention. it is dirty. smelly. rude staff. i lost my luggage and they didnt care, even told me i should have brought my luggage with me. so you want me to check in and bring my luggage everywhere i go? so stupid!

It was cheap. Jus that.

Good stay
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

There was a smell of urine around the swimming pool.

I did like the location, but we had to change the beds, cuz there was a colony of ants under my partner's bed. We were given separate female/male beds, which was a lot better. Generally good value for money!

Don't go there, no cameras and people have been stolen 4 times in the last 2 weeks
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

My backpack with more than 3000$ was stolen during the night, in the room 600, the backpack was 1 inch close to my arm against my bed. When the police came they were not surprised and told me it was the 4th time in two weeks, and that it has gone since long time Since nobody in the room was staying since that long, and the cards are demagnitised, I don't know who could have come into the room...

I like the free muffin in the morning, but it kinda don't balance all my stuff that has been stolen in the room during the night

Basic and poor.
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Cheap and relatively decent bed to sleep. Don't expect much more.

Last short night before catching my flight back home. Closeness to the airport was a key thing for me.

They Change The Policy saying only Americans can stay there.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

They Change The Policy saying only Americans can stay there. So change the price and the room. I don't know bit booking.com should also make a NOTE IN RED🔴

Awful experience.
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Awful experience. We booked three beds but we had to sleep two people in one bed because one of beds we received was dirty and occupied. The place is not clean and not nice. Costs too much

Good value for money
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The room lack shelves, wardrobes or any kind of furniture except bunk beds. It was ok for one night. There was also no information that you need to call the hostel to be picked up from the airport (the bus doesn't have a timetable). The information about the free breakfast was misleading as the "breakfast" was only a muffin and tea/coffee.

Free bus shuttle from the airport. Good value for money. Young and helpful staff. The rooms are clean.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Unsafe
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I got stolen at 3 am. I was in the female dorm and a guy just got in and got my backpack in the middle of the night. Unsafe, dangerous.. the staff didn’t seem to be surprised. How did he get in there??? How did he have the key to get in the dorm? Crazy.

The shuttle

Ran for ur savty before u regret it
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

They are thief’s and intentions to use fraudulent way to collect ur money It’s not good for u

They are thief’s and monster Gangster The hotel reception are dangerous and can steal ur money if u don’t take time. The staff are rude ,thief’s,and arm brain robbers Not good for ur skin bed bugs every were Dirty

They can throw u out and claim u should double pay .for asking them to open ur Key..
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

They are thief’s and liers

The staffs are thief’s and they dislike AFRICAns and they believe they are God and can throw u out without u doing nothing Even when u pay ur bills They are thief’s and un save to recommend A lot of bed bugs for ur skin Useless staff and useless place Run for ur life

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Terrible choice; "never change tranquility and comfort for money"
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

It's dangerous place, a lot of people using drugs, nauseating smell of cannabis all the time, there is an atmosphere of insecurity and unrest. Unfortunately it is a bad place to be. Many people in this place warn you to be careful whit your belongings by stealing them. It was my first and last time in this place.

The bus service

Thieves Paradise, your stuff will be stolen
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

The security is bad, My bag was stolen at the first night and it has my passport. The staff told me call the police. The police told me there's no chance of you getting it back, get a new one.

Free breakfast was very poor, only a coffee/tea and a...
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Free breakfast was very poor, only a coffee/tea and a muffin. Cleanliness was also very poor, there was no bathroom door for privacy and the bathroom was disgusting and stunk. That badly that is smelt out the dorm rooms where I slept, as there was no bathroom door. There were empty dirty toiletrie containers, hairbrushes, used tissues, cotton pads and tips left everywhere in the bathroom, and looked like it had been sitting there for a while. There was only myself and 2 other women checked into this dorm, and we all checked in and out at the same time, so it's not like there were a dirty person staying there who couldn't clean up after themselves, a worker literally just did not clean anything. The bin was also overflowing. Not to mention, the reception staff were very rude while I was checking in. They were not approachable at all. Overall I would not stay here again, yes it was near the airport, and yes they offer a free shuttle to the airport 24/7, but I did not even get dropped off at the correct area of departures where I should have. I've been travelling for 4 months through South America, and I did not come across one hostel anywhere near as dirty and horrible as this one. And for someone with a budget like myself, I would rather pay much more money and stay at a nice hotel then go back to that dump!

A really expensive hotel.
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

You don’t feel safe at the property. People from the street can get into easy. Rooms need a deep clean. It is really expensive.

Easy to arrive to the airport. Shuttles

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very friendly staff, happy to inform you on facilities and...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Smell of carpet in reception area. Yuk. Smelled of stale beer

Very friendly staff, happy to inform you on facilities and organise the shuttle to the airport. Felt very safe and secure, only there resting during the day, had a long stop over in LA airport.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very bad! You should never stay in such a hotel!
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

The airport shuttle which is said for 24 hour of the hotel is broken. And the staff said we can take a taxi to the hotel. But when I went to the hotel by taxi and the staff said I have taken the wrong taxi. So they can not give me the money. The staff’s attitude was very bad. The manager’s attitude was also very bad. They do not want to solve any problem, they just want to earn money. The 40-yuan fare to and from the airport has given a lesson. The lesson is that you should never stay in such a hotel!

Nothing is satisfied.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Don't stay here unless you have no other option.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Male Dormitory Room

I booked a bunk bed in a dormitory room for $45 a night for two nights. They didn't bother telling me until I checked in that they only rent dorm rooms to people with international passports who are under 30. Only private rooms were available, but they were $100 a night. It was too late to cancel and I was too tired to argue. This hostel financially ruined my trip. Their laundry room was out of service. Most of the front desk staff were rude, especially the girl who told me about the room. There was also a rat in my room and I don't know if they ever did anything about it. I've never given a negative review of a booking before.

I can't say that I liked anything about the property.

Close to airport!
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Wouldn’t stay here if it was for more than a night, location is a bit dodgy, a girl who was in the same dorm was mugged right outside the hostel.

Close to airport! I just needed a place to crash for a few hours in between flights.

This place is not worth the money, awful experience.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

This place is ghetto and shouldn’t be advertised. I got offered drugs within the first 15 minutes of being there. Staff uneducated and rude, noises all night long that don’t allowed me to sleep. Sketchy neighborhood.

Nothing, seriously nothing.

Would not stay here again
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

First things first. We were a group of girls who where from all over the world and we decided to travel together to save some dollars. One of us booked but they wouldn’t let her check-in because she didn’t have her passport on her. So she had to cancel and I had to rebook the same room. Apparently the owner changed the policies - you can only check-in for a dorm room if you have an INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. We also stayed there a second night and when I was trying to park my car I got yelled at and this guy wouldn’t even met me finish my sentence. So I probably wouldn’t choose to stay here again.

The room we had was super nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast (coffee/tea and a muffin) was ok.

It's been a long time since I slept dormitory style, but it was a great value.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The booking info did not advise some of the major rules for checking in

This is a good location if you simply need someplace to lay your head. It is not the Ritz, but it is a good value with a good staff.

Good place to stay for couples of nights
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

Cigarette smell in one ofe the room I rented. Cigarette smell near the pool are. They should an area for smoking only.

The food was good and freindly staff

Nice and relaxing will return soon!
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Had problems with the WiFi,not enough towels and the parking lot is over crowded and not big enough to enter and exit property.

I liked the Overall value,comfort and later checkout along with the great social environment.

Close to the airport.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Have to wait an hour for shuttle bus. I payed cash but they still charge my card. And apparently it’s not an accident cause many people have been treated like that. I called them to tell about this but so far I didn’t get any reply. So if you want to save money don’t choose this. Cause you probably pay double.

Close to the airport.

Very clean showers in the dorm and fairly quiet at night...
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Staff hung up on me when I called to get the shuttle. Also there are no lockers in the dorm.

Very clean showers in the dorm and fairly quiet at night considering it’s by the airport.

this place is insane with value for money.
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

this place is insane with value for money.. paid so littel and they had free parking! which was super efficent, lot's of spacec and pool. nice enviorment

we stayed
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

the sofa in the room was very old and uncomfortable, my husband shorts was taken could never find it, and they want it charge us for little liquor bottles and beer that we never took, we bought our own, and the parking lot the too small some cars were parked behind us and we could move until the owners moved them.

the room was clean, bed comfortable,

It’s close to the airport and there’s a free shuttle from...
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Everything is awful especially the front desk ladies. The price that we paid for the dorm room, we can upgrade to the private room! But they didn’t tell us until we requested to do so!! There’s 20 people the 1 dorm room, it’s horrible!!! And there’s mouse in the room, too!!!!! Please if you have better choice do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s close to the airport and there’s a free shuttle from the hostel. The housekeeping staff is very good and kind.

A wonderful place to stay safe but still be close to everything in Los Angeles.
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Nothing. Exceed all expectations!

The staff is amazing! They always treat others with respect and are very helpful when ever they can assist! The Host is fluent in many languages and can point anyone in the right direction of what they are trying to accomplish.

Nothing, especially the bed bugs
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

Nothing, no wash clothes, no towels was in the room and went to ask for them, and said housekeeping didn't get them ready in time the carpet filthy, bedbugs, I didn't check the ratings before. If it wasn't so late when we got there we would not stay

Nothing, especially the bed bugs

Great location and free airport shuttle service. Clean and comfy. Just know that it's a party place.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I arrived at 1:30 am and there was SO much noise, everywhere. Loud music, people swimming and drinking by the pool at that time, and not quietly. And I get it, party city and they were just having fun, but honestly, it was way too late and the rooms were too close to that area of the hotel that it was annoying. My room was farther back so thankfully I was able to sleep alright, but I feel bad for the other rooms by the common area.

The location is perfect for airport overnight layovers. Which is why I booked with them. I was only there for a short period of time. Bed and room were clean. (a bit warm) and the pickup service was good.

The shuttle bus was 24 hours and the drivers are nice.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Not a very safe place. Do not stay there if you are alone or traveling with kids. Bed is not clean.

The shuttle bus was 24 hours and the drivers are nice. Though I waited an hour at the airport for the bus but I guess it was due to the bad traffic at that time.

In the room with 8 bunk beds, there are actually 4 in two...
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

In the room with 8 bunk beds, there are actually 4 in two different rooms connected with a big door. Beds are very squeaky, so it's noisy for sleeping, but for the price it was a good deal.

The location and swimming pool.
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Definitely the worst place that I had stay in my life. 1- Doing the check-in they charged me almost twice the value of the reservation. 2- On the second day someone stole my bike (it was in the car holder) in the hotel parking lot. 3- On the third day there was someone sleeping in my bed when I arrived, I had to sleep in the car. 4- I talked to the owner on the phone, and he simply said that these things happen in a Hostel, and that he couldn’t do anything to me. By the way, without respect..!! *Plus: If you don’t like drugs never go to this place, yes, I said never...!!!

The location and swimming pool.

They have free shuttle to the airport which is great.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Because I only stayed for one night and I was bitten by spiders or Idk what kind of bugs but I woke up with my eye almost closed and swollen and many other bites in my hands and arms. Thy should be more careful about cleaning in the room. Besides that the hostess were not as polite as I expected.

They have free shuttle to the airport which is great.

Very quiet but relaxing
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

I dident like the coldness i fealt from the staff insensitive my debit card shouldnt have been charged i wanted to pay when i arrived not enough towels had to wait for some dident want to answer my door in my night clothes

I liked having breakfast in the cafe

There is a roof.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Very dirty. You might say this is the price you pay but without judgement, this is a dirty place so be prepared if you are not used to living in a dirty environment

There is a roof. You may shower if you don't mind

Free Breakfast is a lie all you get is a freaking muffin.
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

Free Breakfast is a lie all you get is a freaking muffin. The front desk staff was rude from the moment of check in. Gave us a different room from the one we previously visited and approved and was definitely a down grade. The second room we got had bed bugs so we didn't sleep well my daughter got bites all over.

Terribleeee
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

This is the worst place to stay! There was cockroaches and alot of cats. I'm allergic to cats, they wouldn't give me a refund for the night i couldn't stay because I was pretty much dying.

breakfast: a coffee and a cupcake, the location gets very...
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

breakfast: a coffee and a cupcake, the location gets very dangerous so after 9pm you better stay inside. if you share the room keep your values hidden, somebody got stolen, but happens in every hostel. apart of this its a nice place to be after the flight cause its quite close to the lax airport and they also have a shuttle bus for free.(dont forget to tell them your arrival time, otherwise the bus wouldnt pick you up)

Very pleasant stay, will revisit...
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Another customer had her car broken into and goods stolen whilst her car was on the Hostel's property. There is obviously a security issue here,which the Hostel must look into. That could have been me.

Everything.

Absolutely Dreadful..
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

I got woken up in the middle of the night by my roommate who was scratching himself all other the place. After he came to my bed with his cell phone light, my bed was crawling with Bed Bugs and so were my other 2 room mates’ beds. When I reported that to the manager in the morning, she got a real attitude and that was that. Stay away from this Bed Bug’s Paradise. It is full of junkies, people smoking weed by the pool till the wee hours and terrible customer service. I added photos of my blood on these sheets.

Nothing to like about this God forsaken place.

People awesome. Too many homeless people sleeping all over asking for cash
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Security needs a lot of modifications. I am filing a lawsuit against this hostel for my rental car breaking into and unnecessary 7 hour stress.

I loved everything except too many homeless people asking for cash or to sell a pair of pants for cash and they sleep all over I personally saw 4 people sleeping at pool not travelers at all. My rental car being broken into and my purse was stolen. No drivers license to get on my plane morning staff didn't care. Inglewood police stated 3 cars were also broken into that same night. The cameras in parking lot mgmt stated were live not recording. But the lounge was a super place to meet so many good travelers. The housekeeping was stupendous morning shift sucked they didn't care or even offer help when all my money and travelers papers credit cards etc were stolen behind their secure gate. I booked a bunk for 21.00 with my residential address. When getting to desk to check in. They charged me 35.00 cash only and didn't give me my receipt. Told me bunks are only for international travelers. I booked through an agency and met all criteria. Afternoon shift including bartender. 100 percent awesome honest kind caring considerate.inglewood police seeing I was a police officer in another state handled all my tsa passages even a world traveler at hostel actually blessed me with a 100.00 Bill to help me get through. Wtg inglewood police and mr.randy from europe

Could check in late
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

The lobby was grubby, The bedroom smelled stale, The tiles on the floor in the bathroom were not secure The sheets on the bed slipped loose. The net curtains looked like they had not been washed in 20 years. The curtains did not close properly

Could check in late

I liked that they had a free shuttle to pick you up from the...
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Whatever you do, do not stay here. Sure, it’s a good location from the airport but it took me over an hour to connect with the shuttle, the staff was so unnecessarily unprofessional and rude. When I arrived I was told I couldn’t stay in the room I had originally booked for $19.00, and had to pay $34 per night. At this rate I could have gone to a better hostel with friendlier staff and better amenities (which is what I ended up doing). The “breakfast” is one cup of coffee and a muffin. Big whoop. The hostel is located in a not so safe part of town and is really run down. Plaster was falling off in the “kitchen” area of the room. Don’t stay here. Save your time, money and stress.

I liked that they had a free shuttle to pick you up from the airport.

The girls in the breakfast area were amazing and very very...
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Even if it’s very close to the airport I wouldn’t recommend it at all because it’s in a very sketchy area. Def not a safe place and I would never stay here again. Dorm room was less than basics and not even worth the money.

The girls in the breakfast area were amazing and very very friendly!

Do not stay here pack of druggies surrounding pool area,...
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

Do not stay here pack of druggies surrounding pool area, when we arrived we got checked into our room we went down and it was all smashed up so they upgraded us and just went on as if this was normal... we had already paid for two nights since it was so let me and my partner stayed there really afraid for our safety. We got up as soon as the sun got up and checked up. Rooms stink. Area itself was very rough. Please don’t stay here. I know it was a hoste but I have stayed in numerous hostel never ever this bad.

Friendly staff and no compliants
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Location iffy and not nice like I like but I got what I paid for $20 worth :)

Honestly for what I paid was good, but it wasn't what I expected I guess I was expecting nicer but shouldn't have for 20 dollars. Shuttle lady was awesome loved her and front desk personal was amazing no issues at all as far as them but I was top bunk and their were available bottom not sure why they didn't give me bottom. It was ok clean I mean it wasn't disgusting but location was iffy I would definitely not go outside of the hotel. Restaurant food was good and the Champaign was amazing. Overall no complaints just I got what I paid for. I would definitely go again for the cost of just one night. Thanks again guys!!

I wouldn't stay here again.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The staff was unprofessional and unfriendly. They acted hostile towards several guests. Before I arrived I called twice to ask for directions to get there from the Greyhound busstation. The first time they hung up on me after a short and incomplete answer. The second time they misinformed me. There is no fly bus available, only taxi or Über. Upon arrival they told me my room would me more expensive because I am >30 of age. My booking never stated this. The hostel was very noisy and I didnt feel safe because the staff had behaved so hostile. Other guests had the same experience. The room was shared with people who watched tv.

Only recommend if on a low budget
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Want to not be picked up by the “shuttle for 6 hours” Have a rude staff member grunt at you, and sleep in a creeky bed dorm of 20 here’s your place.

If your on a super low budget and can manage the cons then your fine!

Gutter Place, Stay AWAY! You have been warned!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Drugs, Bloody Mattress, so bad it showed through thin sheets, Bed broken down on one side, mattress sunk in, peeling paint in unit, bathroom old and outdated and rusty, curtains knitted together and filthy, walls partially painted, stained and worn carpet. Lobby area, dirty, furniture falling apart and badly stained and worn out, bad odor. Common courtyard area, dirty, old, outdated, people standing around getting high on drugs! Stay Away!!!

Absolutely NOTHING!

Sleeping in LAX
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

There was music blasting all day and until 2330, and someone was playing the untuned piano in the bar, which my room was very close to. I had to wake up at 0430 so of course I wasnt happy. So if you want to have a fun afternoon at the pool and then have a few beers, go on, if you want to rest after a flight or before taking an early flight elsewhere, go somewhere else. Btw the breakfast only starts at 0700 so I cannot rate it

Its close to the airport and that is why I chose it. It has a pool area and the suites, which I had, are large with a living room with a bar and kitchenette, a bedroom and a bathroom. It is kitschy and retro but clean. There are convenience stores and restaurants in walking distance. They offer free airport transfer which is very handy.

Large room, convenient location, friendly staff, close to the airport.
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

TV didn't work. Room needs some updating but was large and clean.

Large room. Clean bathroom. Friendly staff. Breakfast included.Lots of vending machines.Close to the airport.

Pleasantly surprised by the stature of the family rooms.
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

1. Attitude of the staff could be better. Picked up a condescending attitude towards visitors from some of the personnel. Guess they have to do with a lot of "low-quality" guests who make them negative. 2. Parking is an absolute nightmare. Not enough parking resulting in guests parking blocking one another. If you have to leave early you dont know which guest blocked you in or how to get a hold of them. Work on a system to identify vehicles and link them with rooms so that the staff know who to contact at least.

Pleasantly surprised by the stature of the family rooms. Two separate rooms (one for children and one for parents) with our own on-suite bathroom.

Our stay was terrible.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Our stay was terrible. We didn’t feel safe in the location, the staff were rude, the room smelt like, the window was smashed, the lockers were broken, there were stray cats and the communal areas smelt like weed.

Sketchy horror movie experience
    • Bed in 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The girl behind the counter. I kinda felt like to offer her some money to buy some drugs she was so unmotivated.

When I tried to call the promised free shuttle to the airport they didn't pick up the phone for two times. After that I called an Uber and got to the hostel. The girl behind the counter was the most unfriendly, bad mooded and careless person I've ever seen as a hostel staff member. They told me that I could have saved 10 dollars if I didn't reserved my bed beforehand just dropped by from the street. Well, thank you very much, good to know about this idiotic policy that punishes the responsible travelers. Bathroom was odd. Not too dirty, not too clean but the tap worked in a quite unusual way, flush in toilet was weak as hell. The place was sketchy like in a horror movie, but cheap and close to the airport and my main goal was to crush out somewhere during those 8 hours while I had to wait for my next flight. They only offer free breakfast for those who are under 30. Discrimination. I didn't have illusions and the place was just I expected.

It wasn’t great but wasn’t horrible either.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The employees were quite rude. Also I was staying in the hostel and they didn’t have a kitchen to use. And the shuttle driver took over an hour to come pick me up, I called 3 times and they kept saying they would be there in 15 minutes.

It was cheap.

It was fine for one night, but it’s difficult for international visitors and the wifi worked
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

I thought there was a lockroom for my baggage, but in the end it was okay.

I loved talking with Jorge, one of the shuttle drivers, and also the others in the next day (morning), they gave me some tips and helped me beyond my expectations.

Cash stolen, felt unsafe, distgusted.
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

All my cash was stolen,myself and every other person in my shared room payer almost double of what was listed on booking.com, there were local people "living there", and when I confronted the owner he called me a "fat nasty b*tch". I ended up calling the police, they informed me (came onsite) they have to come a lot for complaints and encouraged me to report to the better business bureau. I am a world wide traveler, worst experience ever. And in my own country.

Got some rest, very noisy I give it a C-
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Staff, receptionist most of them, very difficult, no people skills or valuing customers. You book online then they add at least $10 to the price stated when you checkin, they don't honor the online price.

The price, paying customers were nice and to thoughtful

The location is great you have everything you want in close...
    • Dorm Bunk Beds

Unfortunately the outside bar is currently closed along with the gift shop

The location is great you have everything you want in close range and everyone I came across was friendly and the breakfast muffins was great I’m glad I booked the place twice

Over all it was a decent stay in this hotel.
    • Allsuite 1 Queen Bed

The staff especially the receptionist / front desk which is a woman, is just probably busy answering phone calls. My husband had to wait another 40minutes to be picked up in the airport. She just had to make us sound like we're the ones not probing for information.

The location is just few minutes away from the airport (Lax).

we were obligated to stay for 6 hours because of the time of the arrival
    • Allsuite 2 Queen Beds

Everything, Room was old and dirty, mold on the bathroom walls and windows, very old beds and covers, reception was old like from the 70s with wires hanging everywhere, bugs on carpets, doors, windows. We could not check out faster because we saw a different picture, so they also false advertise.

It was nothing to like, maybe the pool was clean

The staff were really nice and it’s just a really cool place...
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The top bunk in the ladies dorm was v uncomfortable, squeaky and not fun getting out of at night. Also not the cleanest place and one shower was freezing and the other scalding hot

The staff were really nice and it’s just a really cool place, I just needed somewhere to hang during my layover and this was perfect for $20. There’s a pool, a bar, vending machines, free airport shuttle! etc

Nice place
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Being so close the airport all you hear is the planes the WiFi was not as good as I expected the was a few things missing like the bar by the pool the gift shop I read bad reviews before going so my mind just kept thinking have I been robbed

With it being hotel also the cleaning was on point the staff was great the pool was great I really like the fresh breakfast muffins and on the hostel side rooms was clean and I had good roommates so I didn’t get robbed

One nightmare (night).
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

I couldn’t find the shuttle from the airport and was told to call once I was there... called 12 times and no one answered. Once I arrived I found out the hostel just has WiFi in the lobby not in the rooms and was not safe to leave my stuff alone in the room even with locks because apparently people go in the room and steal your bags and stuff... the ambient in the hostel wasn’t nice at all.. and once I was catching and trying to use the WiFi in the lobby noticed lots of people were disappointed and many calls from the airport.. the receptionist was explaining how to find the shuttle bus but it showed she was tired and wasn’t able to explain properly. The breakfast is just a muffin and a coffe. If you don’t mind to have a place just to stay in a huge kinda hostel with a strange vibe go for it. Don’t expect much for that price is obviously not the best place to stay but just if you’re staying over to take a plane since they’re super close to the airport.

Thank God all the beds in my room were not occupied. We were just 4 girls in a big big space with lots of beds.

Unpleasant experience with shuttle service
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Upon arriving at the airport, I called to request the shuttle service and was told it should arrive in 20 mins. I waited for half an hour but it didn't come. Called again and again and was consistently asked which terminal I was, as if they didn't get my previous calls. It finally arrived after one hour wait. I booked the hostel because it's cheap and has the shuttle service, which would be great for me as I'm only stopping over in LA for one night. I didn't expect much but one hour wait is way too long. Don't want to go deep into the hostel itself but you get what you paid for.

Cheap for a reason. Beware.
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Safety was low & the staff indifferent, even rude. The police came into the dorm twice to investigate burglaries (one time at 3am). Each day I was there a phone was reported stolen. A laptop & wallet were stolen from the person sleeping in the bunk beside me one night. And it's not safe to walk in the neighbourhood after dark.

The bed was ok. And I got an "experience", though many people would avoid.

Unfortunately, the hostel was very insecure, several things...
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Unfortunately, the hostel was very insecure, several things were stolen from our luggage in the room during our stay. The lockers weren’t working so there was no possibility to keep personal items from getting stolen. There was no breakfast even though we had paid for it, and the WiFi wasn’t working either. The location is very far away from the city center and isn’t worth its price!

Social and fun
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Shuttle service was too slow, I waited at the airport for 90 minutes, prefer the Tobe more honest about availability of shuttle.

Overall good attitude and helpfulness,good room which I had to upgrade from the original booking. Champagne good, coffee good.

Bad experience
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

The hostel needs security. They don't record anything through cameras, people from outside just come and go without getting noticed.In just one night, a guy from my shared bedroom was robbed. Wifi is also bad.

Housekeeping service was decent and the free breakfast was good to have.

This is only for under 30's - warning check this before booking
    • Bunk Bed in Female Dormitory Room

You can only say here if UNDER 30 which I wasn't aware of until I'd booked - site needs to make this clear and have a facility to ensure customer enters age before proceeding with booking. I had no response from hostel or site about my query about whether or not I could still stay until after the date of arrival.

Can't comment as couldnt stay here

I got robbed !!!
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

I got robbed by 2 junkies while I was asleep and according to the police it has happened before. The hostel doesn’t have any security cameras which record and the junkies had a key to the room so apparently the staff is in on it. I found some of my stuff in a place next door to the hostel where the junkies crashed for the night, along with their crack pipes and a huge butcher knife (so maybe better that I didnt wake up). I lost all my valuables including my passport and I didnt even get an apology from anyone from the staff. They were ignorant and rude and the only thing I can do is write this review and possibly stop this from happening to you. Don’t go here !

Front desk staff are not willing to answer questions and...
    • Bunk Bed in Male Dormitory Room

Front desk staff are not willing to answer questions and willing not to help those customers in need. No hair-dry in the room is a big problem after shower.