Reviews of Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile 4 stars

166 East Superior Street, Streeterville, Chicago, IL 60611, USA

#83 of 146 hotels in Chicago

ROOFTOP closed to guest

Great location , awesome staff . Our week stay was EVERYTHING LOVE IT ALL. JUST WISH IT WAS A ROOFTOP BAR LIKE THE WEBSITE STATED

Still quite expensive; the rooftop is always closed; Too much noise from the corridor can be listened inside the room

Nice location, big room, confortable bed

Air was out had to change rooms twice took money out of my bank account after saying they would comp ate room cause of alk the room changing and air was out and it was 97 out had a bad vaction never staying there again web sight showed pool no pool think we should be comp and our money back

Air wasn’t working on the hottest day in Chicago. Also arrived at 5pm, room still wasn’t ready. Air didn’t come on until 4am in the morning.

It would have been a great place to stay if they would have handled the problems below appropriately.

Just the a/c issue which I know wasn’t their fault. Things happen and they made up for it. I would definitely stay there again.

Our first room was larger which I loved but the a/c wasn’t working that night. So we did get credit and changed rooms the next night. The hotel staff were very apologetic and very nice. Great location, super clean and cute. The second room was smaller but not bad.

There was no fridge in our room.

The bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly. The valet parking attendants were super helpful & pleasant. The location was perfect for the concert that we were attending at the United Center.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

One of the main reasons we chose your hotel was for the roof top bar but the one night we had time to use it, there was a private event. There initially was no signage so we ended walking in before one of the event guests told us a little rudely that this was a private event. A newspaper in the lobby would have been nice but not necessary.

My husband and I were upgraded to the top floor. Everything was quiet and clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful as well.

Staff was very accommodating with a same day reservation on very short notice. Everything was great. The room was very clean, spacious, and the beds were super comfortable.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Was excited about the rooftop bar , but it was closed for construction :(

The room was very spacious , clean and comfortable. Overall one of the better hotels we've stayed in. Will definitely stay there again when in Chicago

When I arrived I was given a room that was not completely cleaned yet. With the price of the hotel there should be a microwave available in the room.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating especially with my arrival circumstances. Many local attractions within walking distance.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

When I entered the hotel the two representatives at the front desk did not acknowledge me until I was directly in front of the desk. Both the female and Male continued to look down while typing. Neither were on the phone. As a customer, It seemed as if they were both hoping to avoid eye contact so that whoever looked up first would be forced to check me in. The young man finally looked up and acknowledged me. He looked at his coworker than looked back at me . She never once raised her head not even to say "Welcome" . I felt like I was irritating and bothering the two just with my presence alone. I was taken aback by there lack of friendliness and politeness. As I walked away to get on the elevator, up on completely my transaction, both representative than began to show excitement towards one enough by dancing and smiling to one another. I would have really appreciated if that kind of energy was expressed towards me as I checked in. I did not feel like a welcomed customer.

The design of the rooms is nice and unique. The t.v mount being able to pull out and turn either direction is very modern.

In the "business centre" there is only a single computer/printer. I wished to print a document but had to go back three times to eventually find the area was free. The rooms had a very strange layout. It was a very nice room, but the TV was not pointed at the couch or the bed - not sure how you were meant to view it...

The lobby area with coffee/shop area was very nice. Breakfast was good value and a great option to start the day.

Everything!! My first time in Chicago and we stayed at this hotel. It was totally worth it. The room was super clean and modern. The location was perfect (next to Magnificent Mile). The staff was incredible (for my birthday my husband asked the staff for help and they left complimentary balloons and a card in the room as a surprise) They made my birthday trip really special.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything Is amazing, very clean and all staff is very attentive and friendly. I stay in Chicago 2x a month and this is my go to hotel. Perfect location!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

This hotel was amazing the location couldn’t have been better and the hotel staff were friendly and professional. It was extremely comfortable and had the best facilities. I thoroughly recommend Cambria Hotel to anyone.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The rooftop bar advertised was the reason I booked this hotel. We found out upon checking in that the rooftop was only open for special events! Very disappointing! This hotel was not worth the money.

The bed was very comfortable and room was very spacious.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I slept on the sofa sleeper one night and it was very uncomfortable, but the king bed was wonderfully comfortable.

This hotel has become my new favorite place to stay in Chicago. The location is superb, just a two-minute walk to Michigan Street and about 30 minutes to Navy Pier or Millenium Park. My sister and I loved going to the lobby in the morning to chat and drink their EXCELLENT coffee. Our room was very spacious and comfortable for 4 of us. Did I mention the amazing coffee served in the lobby?

Weather !!!! HAHAHA... It was snowing during my visit.

We were upgraded to a bigger room and had a city view. This hotel was better than the previous Hotel where i stayed on my previous trip to Chicago.

Parking very expensive, wall structure pretty thin you can hear your neighbor, especially from halls

Property was well maintained, spacious and staff was extremely accommodating

Can not give an accurate score to this since I was at a conference. For the time that I was actually at the hotel there were few detractors.

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Excellent coffee bar

The restaurant menu was very limited and the sliders were dry and bland, which was disappointing. However, the bartender was welcoming and nice.

When I arrived there was no fridge in the room. However, the bellman was very professional and polite and had one sent to my room within 15 minutes! The beds were comfortable. The room felt spacious. My only recommendation is to have q-tips provided in the bathroom.

I don't like that I made a reservation and I show up and it's not even available. Paid more then expected and online the parking was included but when I got there I had to pay over $60?

Being at peace although the bath room could've have been way better

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I can't think of anything that needs improvement.

Beautiful room, king size bed, nice sofa, TV, desk, wonderful shower facility. Steps to the "Magnificent Mile" , great restaurants within walking distance. "WOW" is an understatement.

The towels were horribly scratchy and some of the linens were stained with yellow spots, as if they’d been washed too much.

Good Chicago location. The beds were very comfortable.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Didn't like all the extra fees that were added on. I mean it almost like when you go to Las Vegas and they add on a resort fee per day. Yea didn't really like that.

The lication is super.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The set up of the room was awkward. The shower didn’t have a curtain. After we got one the curtain kept sticking to me as I was showering.

The bed was comfortable. The hotel was clean. The view out my window was ok.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The three steps in the room. This is dangerous. Someone could forget they’re there and trip! Replace with a ramp or something. Also, the swinging TV. You can bump your head on it if you leave over to pick something up. Replace with separate monitors for each room. Other than that I liked the room very much.

Staff were informative and courteous.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Perfect location, Staff is amazingly great and go above and beyond to accommodate your needs. Very clean, rooms are spacious and love the overall look of the property. My go to hotel while in Chicago!

The rooftop wasnt open :(

Such a nice and creative hotel. Good food and coffee in the restaurant. Nice staff and lovely views from the rooms over the Loop

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

No pool - but we had lots of other stuff to keep us busy.

Great staff. Valet parking was very quick and easy. Breakfast buffet was a great value and kids 7 & under eat free. Room was modern and clean. Lobby was modern with lots of seating. Full bar - from coffee in the morning to beer and cocktails in the evening. Gino’s East (best pizza in Chicago) right next door. Shopping is just a block away.

Limited vegetarian breakfast options, only cereals, fruits; long waiting time Room split at 2 levels Small, packed lobby

Clean rooms, proximity to Magnificent Mile

Parking is pricey $52 a night self park, $ 62 valet

Great location near everything, Gino’s east is next door. Giodanos is half block away. Ontario is 2 blocks away. Really great location

The look, layout, and dated furnishings. Smell of the hotel, rooms, and hallways.

The staff was amazing and quick to act. They allowed me to check in 3-hrs early and even offered me a free suite b/c my room type wasn't available. The room, unfortunately, was dark, facing a parking lot and had mold in the windowsill. I reported the issue to the front desk, and they offered to send up an engineer to address the matter; I declined b/c the mold was in a part of the window that sealed off. An engineer came up promptly anyway, with a bellman to move us to another room on the same floor. The next room was better, with more sunlight, but overall I still did not prefer it. I was satisfied with the cleanliness, feel of bed, and pillows. My dissatisfaction was based on the age of the hotel. Even though I was told it was renovated within the last year - the rooms, layout, and hallways felt very old and dated. The first room even smelled moldy. If you are looking for a great price, great service, and a great location - you will love this place. If you prefer a fancier or modern hotel with more bells and whistle, on the pristine side - Cambria might not be a good choice.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

No laundry bags. For the size it should have atleast a microwave. Rooftop lounge was advertised on the tv but not open.

Comfy bed. Big room. Private bathroom. Nice living room area with couch and tv. Excellent location

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The high rate for parking and no noise control between rooms, other than that the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to all of my guest

The beds are very comfortable, the staff is on there game!!!!!

Parking was expensive, but I understand, it's Chicago. You had to have the valet service go and get your vehicle in the ramp across the street every time you needed to leave. However, they were very efficient in doing so. Never had to wait more than about 5 minutes.

Friendly staff, very helpful. Great location for shopping. Very clean room. Sam the lobby guy was extremely helpful and most friendly.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable. no microwaves in the rooms, although staff said they would get us a microwave when one was turned in. We didn't get one, but didn't need it after all.

i liked being able to communicate with staff by texting. your staff is extraordinarily friendly. even the maintenance guy asked me if everything was OK in my room. Our refrigerator wasn't working because the freezer compartment needed defrosting. So I defrosted it (it's OK. I don't mind, and am not complaining). The doorman (joe?) recognized us!!

There was nothing I can complain about. Everything was exactly as I expected.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Location was excellent and the staff was amazing.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I wasn't given the room I had reserved. Was told there wasn't anymore suites and that it was a system error. I said that wasnt my fault so it was then they said ok come back down as we can give you the suite. No help with our bags or anything and it was their mixup not mine.The breakfast buffet was very small.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Bookings.com dropped the ball. Hotel had no record of our reservation, yet they were able to accommodate us with your mess up.

The location fit our plans.

I only stayed one night before checking out early and going somewhere else. The parking attendant was rude the hotel staff was rude. The whole checking in process was dealing with people who made me feel like I was wasting their time. My question where answered with a feeling of I should have known that and shouldn’t have asked.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The day I check out, that lady was very nice.

See above

Next door very noisy, connecting door meant noise travelled through extremely clearly. Toilet in one of our rooms was blocked from the time we arrived but it was fixed when we returned after a few hours. Fabulous location, short walk to Millionaire Mile. Nice big rooms.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I was told to give an additional 80.00 deposit because I paid with cash and was told I would get it back at check out. They keep it for valet parking that I was unaware of. Every time my car was retrieved I paid the servicemen. I felt that was unfair not to tell me about thge additional charges. I could have parked my car at a very close garage for 14.00 for the entire day instead of 60.00 and when I told the person checking me out he just kept saying sorry. That was not good enough for me. I will never stay there.

Staff is amazing! Rooms are very clean and spacious. They do everything to make the stay very comfortable. Very close to Michigan Ave for shopping. Tons of shops and food in every direction. Love this place; I have stayed a few times and it is my go to hotel while in Chicago.

• King Room - Disability Access

Our room was cold. We turned the a/c on to make it warmer but then it was toooo hot. Even when we set it at the lowest heating temperature it was still too warm. Basically we always felt either cold or too hot when we were in the room. The bathroom was always cold no matter what we did.

Everything else was great.

Excellent location. Great room with functional and modern furniture. Was not welcomed in a room with freezing temperature like in many other places. Agreable lobby.

Everything about the Cambria Hotel was amazing!! Danielle was an awesome host as well. She checked on us everyday to make sure we needed anything. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chicago.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Great lattes in the cafe downstairs. Wish breakfast was included for the price, but overall a great place to stay. Awesome location and incredible staff!

We drove all the way from Minneapolis,mn to Chicago with my wife and daughter.I get to the Cambria to check in and the host tells me there are no reservations in my name,so I show her my reservations on my phone two Queen beds and she tells me that they don’t have that but she will give me a King suite,so my daughter unfortunately had to sleep on the pullout which was very upsetting!!

Hotel Cambria was beautiful,newly renovated and the location was absolutely wonderful right on the miracle mile!!people where friendly and helpful from the front desk to the Valet!!Exercise room was fantastic and the king suit was spacious!!

Our room was amazing, the bed was very comfortable and the greatest thing is I didn't hear any noise from the surronding rooms. The staff made sure we felt welcome, the bar staff was amazing gave us great tips of places to go and restaurants we should visit. I can say they had great customer service with a smile. Kudos to the bartender and Barista staff they were awesome!

Couldn't find my reservation, puke in the bathroom downstairs, the lady had an attitude with me, the food was terrible, and my shower was nasty.

Its location was nice, lobby was nice.

We enjoyed our stay staff was friendly and very helpful! This was our first time in Chicago we would stay again if we ever come back to town. Thank You .....

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Bathrooms were really small for being in a king suite ,elevators were small and staff was okay but not super friendly . Wish it would have had a pool or hot tub

Location was great for shopping and restaurants !

The view from our room wasn't good, there is a office building on the back the hotel, but I think it is normal in the area.

The location is perfect, the bedroom was very clean and confortable.

Stairs in room could be dangerous at night. Very expensive valet parking only.

Right next to Northwestern Medicine's downtown campus. Nice, modern small hotel. Decent sized rooms, comfortable beds.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

We wish we could have stayed longer.

The view was fantastic and the room was clean. The staff was so friendly. They made our stay here very comfortable. Thank you! Being our anniversary, we were really hoping that we picked the right hotel. It definitely was and we would stay here again

Rooftop lounge was closed everyday we were there. But it was very cold and windy so maybe it was for safety?

The staff was friendly and immensely helpful. They all need a nice raise.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

water pressure in the shower was low

The suites were very clean and roomy with living room space. Renovations looked like there were just updated including the bathroom.

There wasn’t much of a view and the AC at night everytime it would turn on would make a lot of noise and wake me up. Took me 2 nights to adjust but after that I was fine and slept better

The hotel was different and pretty. I liked the bed and the living room area and the desk area. The lobby was classy and the facility was clean .

Very comfortable bed! Nice big tv... PERFECT location. Nice little bar/coffee shop in the lobby. Bathroom is small but adequate, clean and good towels. We'll be back for sure!

When booking with booking.com one of the advertised perks of this hotel was the rooftop terrace. But when we went to Chicago, the rooftop deck had been closed for a "Private party" That was very disappointing to us because we really looked forward to that amenity, and I believe that should have been disclosed to us when booking.

Overall our experience was fantastic. Beautiful Bathrooms, great bath products included (Shampoo,conditioner etc) Great lighting and beautiful wall designs. Very friendly staff who went above and beyond by giving us an early check in so we didn't have to carry our bags around the city.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

There was only a refrigeration and no microwave which was disappointing only because we always had leftovers. Other than that it was perfect!

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is only steps away from Michigan ave. I would recommend this hotel for both business and leisure.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

I was celebrating my partner's birthday and the staff had the room decorated with a balloon and a special treat for the birthday guest. I was not expecting that. Definitely surprised and grateful.

The staff was amazing. Gentlemen working the front door helped me get my bags to the hospital across the street and offered to take them to our hospital room. They helped us find dining. I will only stay there when in Chicago. Well done everyone

• King Room - Disability Access

No room service but take out from lobby bistro is no problem.

Very safe, convenient downtown location; walking distance to so much! Wonderful staff; lovely bistro-café off lobby with surprisingly good food, great hours and a comfortable spot for a solitary dinner. Lovely rooms, again comfortable & clean. Stayed a few times - one of my faves!

nothing really

You can't beat the location and the rates didn't break the bank. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the top floors have pretty nice views. I recommend it.

Nothing was disliked

Everything... small enough to be recognized, large enough to accomodate. Was sick while staying and was able to extend with promotional price.

The concierge/receptionist when we came in was so helpful. We were in a big hurry to get to an appointment (terrible weather really slowed down our drive there), and I felt like we ran in and threw our bags at her. She was very patient and helped us check our bags quickly and get the car to the valet so that we could run out to our appointment. The room was really big (nice to have the bathroom down a hall when you have 4 people!), clean, and comfortable. The lobby was beautiful and I would definitely have hung out in the lobby bar if there was time. My sister went down to the bar to get wine glasses and the bartender filled her ice bucket instead of having here go back to the floor to do it-not a huge thing but it was nice of him. Cambria is a hotel chain, but lends a smaller, boutique-y feel, and this hotel did a good job of that.

The elevator situation I was on the 25th floor couldn't get an elevator one was broke at 3 a.m. both of them were down I was stuck on a 25th floor.

The staff were really polite and helpful and accommodating

The parking situation was horrible. Spot hero helped a little but to use there valet parking was $64 overnight. Next time we will be taking the train in.

Great location. Short walk to michigan avenue and right next door to Gino's East. Best deep dish pizza in chicago! Tucked back behind the hospital so it was out of the hustle and bustle but still centrally located downtown.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

That’s actually in the hotel there wasn’t even a bottle of water for sale regular water and overpriced food and opening and was with at like I was crazy for asking

Very clean i’ll most of the staff very Friendly

The regulation of hot and cold water in the shower requires that you open the tap completely - not good for the environment, but unfortunately widespread in American hotels and homes. So, it's more a general observation, not something related to this hotel.

I attended a big conference in Chicago and did not want to stay in the much more expensively conference hotel. Cambria was just ten minutes away from the conference venue and thus served me very well. It's practically on the magnificent mile but does not have its disadvantages. The rooms were quiet and allowed me to work when I was not at the conference. Internet access was also fast and reliable, so I had no excuse not to complete my work.

The tv is big but the response to the remote is very slow. Also the heater makes a very loud noise when it starts. The parking they offer is $64 and deposit is $80.

The bed was comfy.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

We had to ask for shower caps. No shower gel supplied (one bar of soap only for washing - not very hygienic for a group of friends). Despite the fact there were 3 staying in the room they kept leaving 2 mugs, 2 coffee sachets, 2 teabag etc.. so we had to ask for more each time.

Great suite for 3 people and location is fantastic

The maids! ha ha. No jokes. Imagine you traveled from the country on the other side of the earth and you had the most severe case of jet lag. At 8 am (in the bloody morning!) you were digged out from your beauty sleep by the maid even you put 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign on the door. And this is going on for most of your stay. And by the time I left the room and put that 'PLEASE TIDY UP' sign on the door, 5 hours later my room was still a mess. So I don't know what to expect with the maiden de CHI!

The bed is soooooo super comfy. I love the bedding, the sheet and everything. THe room is spacious and very nice. Bathroom amenities are also good. I love Bath&Bodywork. Overall the roo is satisfying.