Reviews of Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

166 East Superior Street, Streeterville, Chicago, IL 60611, United States of America

#83 of 146 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Loved our stay nothing to complain about.
    • King Room - Disability Access

No tea in room, no cream although they did bring up when rang housekeeping.

Location was great, smaller hotel , quiet, newer rooms, comfy bed. Nice downstairs bar area. We prefer smaller boutique hotels to big chain hotels so enjoyed our stay very much.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Access to Michigan ave.!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

12 hours of driving with a family got there at 3am and ask for a room, gentlemen at the front desk tell me all room is occupy. He had very poor attitude and not much of a help.

Location hands down. Room is very clean and comfortable. Upper floor level has very awesome view.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

We had a good time.

Lobby doesn't have a hotel atmosphere and temperature always too cold to sit and enjoy a glass of cocktail. Elevator takes forever.

Good location, decent view of the city.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Excellent in all phases would like to stay there again.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Great location very clean. Staff very friendly, especially Joel. He answered all our questions and was very helpful giving us directions in Chicago. Great overall Service.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

The beds were really comfortable and it was the perfect...

That the roof top lounge is only open for special events- this was really disappointing for us. It was advertised as if it was open for all guests, and was part of the reason we chose this hotel.

The beds were really comfortable and it was the perfect location! Within walking distance to everything we wanted to get to. (Mag Mile a block away, Navy Pier a 15-20 min walk) Everyone was really nice, but Joel was our favorite. He was super friendly and helpful and answered any questions we had. Coffee and breakfast sandwiches in the lobby were excellent!

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Customer service was excellent.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Would like to see microwaves in the rooms.

Customer service was excellent. We felt very taken care of. My partner really enjoyed the workout facilities.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The location was good
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I had booked a one bedroom suite thinking there were actually 2 separate spaces which I had imagined and wanted since it was for an event. Not a huge deal but was what I was hoping for.

The location was good

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Mini family reunion

The beds were lumpy and the noise level in the hallway was absurd for what we paid for the room. Ac vent right above the shower made me nervous....

The room was clean and updated.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Excellent!

Hair products were hard to use as the shampoo & conditioner would not squeeze out easily! Frustrating!

Very well situated & short walks to many restaurants & cafes! Great walks along the lake foreshore& close to transport options. Loved our big room & wonderful bed!

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Lobby was nice that's all we saw didn't stay

No air conditioning. We arrived and were told give ac was out. The temp was in the 90s. We didn't stay.

Lobby was nice that's all we saw didn't stay

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Great location to everything
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Terribly expensive and they wanted to use my credit card for a ridiculous amount . To cover any additional charges although we were paying half cash . It was completely in called for . The other staff mumbled under their breath in another language when I asked for directions . I had to tip three different people to get my luggage out, take my car , bring my luggage up to the room . Although the young man Joel was super nice that brought our luggage up . Hector did promptly move our rooms . We were looking at the hotel roof !! Find somewhere else to stay!! Plus they advertise their rooftop bar as Open !! Ha! What a joke . Only open for private events . False advertising

Great location to everything

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Enjoyable

ROOFTOP closed to guest

Great location , awesome staff . Our week stay was EVERYTHING LOVE IT ALL. JUST WISH IT WAS A ROOFTOP BAR LIKE THE WEBSITE STATED

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Nice location, big room, confortable bed

Still quite expensive; the rooftop is always closed; Too much noise from the corridor can be listened inside the room

Nice location, big room, confortable bed

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Was horriable had to chsnge rooms twicw air went out twice was 97 outside never staying there again

Air was out had to change rooms twice took money out of my bank account after saying they would comp ate room cause of alk the room changing and air was out and it was 97 out had a bad vaction never staying there again web sight showed pool no pool think we should be comp and our money back

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

It would have been a great place to stay if they would have...

Air wasn’t working on the hottest day in Chicago. Also arrived at 5pm, room still wasn’t ready. Air didn’t come on until 4am in the morning.

It would have been a great place to stay if they would have handled the problems below appropriately.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Nice, stylish hotel in a great Chicago location.

Just the a/c issue which I know wasn’t their fault. Things happen and they made up for it. I would definitely stay there again.

Our first room was larger which I loved but the a/c wasn’t working that night. So we did get credit and changed rooms the next night. The hotel staff were very apologetic and very nice. Great location, super clean and cute. The second room was smaller but not bad.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

The bed was very comfortable.

There was no fridge in our room.

The bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly. The valet parking attendants were super helpful & pleasant. The location was perfect for the concert that we were attending at the United Center.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

My husband and I were upgraded to the top floor.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

One of the main reasons we chose your hotel was for the roof top bar but the one night we had time to use it, there was a private event. There initially was no signage so we ended walking in before one of the event guests told us a little rudely that this was a private event. A newspaper in the lobby would have been nice but not necessary.

My husband and I were upgraded to the top floor. Everything was quiet and clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful as well.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Great hotel, would definitely recommend and stay again.

Staff was very accommodating with a same day reservation on very short notice. Everything was great. The room was very clean, spacious, and the beds were super comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Was excited about the rooftop bar , but it was closed for construction :(

The room was very spacious , clean and comfortable. Overall one of the better hotels we've stayed in. Will definitely stay there again when in Chicago

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

It is a nice place to stay. I would recommend to others, however there is no microwave in the room.

When I arrived I was given a room that was not completely cleaned yet. With the price of the hotel there should be a microwave available in the room.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating especially with my arrival circumstances. Many local attractions within walking distance.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

The facility was nice, clean & in a great location. The staff that I encountered was not friendly.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

When I entered the hotel the two representatives at the front desk did not acknowledge me until I was directly in front of the desk. Both the female and Male continued to look down while typing. Neither were on the phone. As a customer, It seemed as if they were both hoping to avoid eye contact so that whoever looked up first would be forced to check me in. The young man finally looked up and acknowledged me. He looked at his coworker than looked back at me . She never once raised her head not even to say "Welcome" . I felt like I was irritating and bothering the two just with my presence alone. I was taken aback by there lack of friendliness and politeness. As I walked away to get on the elevator, up on completely my transaction, both representative than began to show excitement towards one enough by dancing and smiling to one another. I would have really appreciated if that kind of energy was expressed towards me as I checked in. I did not feel like a welcomed customer.

The design of the rooms is nice and unique. The t.v mount being able to pull out and turn either direction is very modern.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Comfortable and convenient location.

In the "business centre" there is only a single computer/printer. I wished to print a document but had to go back three times to eventually find the area was free. The rooms had a very strange layout. It was a very nice room, but the TV was not pointed at the couch or the bed - not sure how you were meant to view it...

The lobby area with coffee/shop area was very nice. Breakfast was good value and a great option to start the day.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Best Hotel in Chicago!

Everything!! My first time in Chicago and we stayed at this hotel. It was totally worth it. The room was super clean and modern. The location was perfect (next to Magnificent Mile). The staff was incredible (for my birthday my husband asked the staff for help and they left complimentary balloons and a card in the room as a surprise) They made my birthday trip really special.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Everything Is amazing, very clean and all staff is very...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything Is amazing, very clean and all staff is very attentive and friendly. I stay in Chicago 2x a month and this is my go to hotel. Perfect location!

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Thoroughly recommend this hotel.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

This hotel was amazing the location couldn’t have been better and the hotel staff were friendly and professional. It was extremely comfortable and had the best facilities. I thoroughly recommend Cambria Hotel to anyone.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The bed was very comfortable and room was very spacious.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The rooftop bar advertised was the reason I booked this hotel. We found out upon checking in that the rooftop was only open for special events! Very disappointing! This hotel was not worth the money.

The bed was very comfortable and room was very spacious.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The next time my family visits Chicago we'll definitely stay at the Cambria Hotel.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I slept on the sofa sleeper one night and it was very uncomfortable, but the king bed was wonderfully comfortable.

This hotel has become my new favorite place to stay in Chicago. The location is superb, just a two-minute walk to Michigan Street and about 30 minutes to Navy Pier or Millenium Park. My sister and I loved going to the lobby in the morning to chat and drink their EXCELLENT coffee. Our room was very spacious and comfortable for 4 of us. Did I mention the amazing coffee served in the lobby?

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Its better to stay at this Hotel rather than around Trump Tower.

Weather !!!! HAHAHA... It was snowing during my visit.

We were upgraded to a bigger room and had a city view. This hotel was better than the previous Hotel where i stayed on my previous trip to Chicago.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Property was well maintained, spacious and staff was...

Parking very expensive, wall structure pretty thin you can hear your neighbor, especially from halls

Property was well maintained, spacious and staff was extremely accommodating

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Staff was very accommodating and helpful.

Can not give an accurate score to this since I was at a conference. For the time that I was actually at the hotel there were few detractors.

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Excellent coffee bar

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

I would definitely stay here again.

The restaurant menu was very limited and the sliders were dry and bland, which was disappointing. However, the bartender was welcoming and nice.

When I arrived there was no fridge in the room. However, the bellman was very professional and polite and had one sent to my room within 15 minutes! The beds were comfortable. The room felt spacious. My only recommendation is to have q-tips provided in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Was good just did not like the surprises

I don't like that I made a reservation and I show up and it's not even available. Paid more then expected and online the parking was included but when I got there I had to pay over $60?

Being at peace although the bath room could've have been way better

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

Nice place, clean, valet parking, spacious rooms that are nicely appointed, very close to shopping.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I can't think of anything that needs improvement.

Beautiful room, king size bed, nice sofa, TV, desk, wonderful shower facility. Steps to the "Magnificent Mile" , great restaurants within walking distance. "WOW" is an understatement.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Good Chicago location.

The towels were horribly scratchy and some of the linens were stained with yellow spots, as if they’d been washed too much.

Good Chicago location. The beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

The lication is super.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Didn't like all the extra fees that were added on. I mean it almost like when you go to Las Vegas and they add on a resort fee per day. Yea didn't really like that.

The lication is super.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

This was my 2nd time staying here and I probably won’t be back.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The set up of the room was awkward. The shower didn’t have a curtain. After we got one the curtain kept sticking to me as I was showering.

The bed was comfortable. The hotel was clean. The view out my window was ok.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

It was perfect for my purposes and the price was right.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The three steps in the room. This is dangerous. Someone could forget they’re there and trip! Replace with a ramp or something. Also, the swinging TV. You can bump your head on it if you leave over to pick something up. Replace with separate monitors for each room. Other than that I liked the room very much.

Staff were informative and courteous.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Perfect location, Staff is amazingly great and go above and...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Perfect location, Staff is amazingly great and go above and beyond to accommodate your needs. Very clean, rooms are spacious and love the overall look of the property. My go to hotel while in Chicago!

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Such a nice and creative hotel.

The rooftop wasnt open :(

Such a nice and creative hotel. Good food and coffee in the restaurant. Nice staff and lovely views from the rooms over the Loop

Great location & Modern Accommodations
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

No pool - but we had lots of other stuff to keep us busy.

Great staff. Valet parking was very quick and easy. Breakfast buffet was a great value and kids 7 & under eat free. Room was modern and clean. Lobby was modern with lots of seating. Full bar - from coffee in the morning to beer and cocktails in the evening. Gino’s East (best pizza in Chicago) right next door. Shopping is just a block away.

Decent property

Limited vegetarian breakfast options, only cereals, fruits; long waiting time Room split at 2 levels Small, packed lobby

Clean rooms, proximity to Magnificent Mile

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Great stay caught a last min deal. Room was nice quiet, clean, staff very friendly.

Parking is pricey $52 a night self park, $ 62 valet

Great location near everything, Gino’s east is next door. Giodanos is half block away. Ontario is 2 blocks away. Really great location

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

GOOD Service. GOOD price. Drab/Moldy Smelling Hotel.

The look, layout, and dated furnishings. Smell of the hotel, rooms, and hallways.

The staff was amazing and quick to act. They allowed me to check in 3-hrs early and even offered me a free suite b/c my room type wasn't available. The room, unfortunately, was dark, facing a parking lot and had mold in the windowsill. I reported the issue to the front desk, and they offered to send up an engineer to address the matter; I declined b/c the mold was in a part of the window that sealed off. An engineer came up promptly anyway, with a bellman to move us to another room on the same floor. The next room was better, with more sunlight, but overall I still did not prefer it. I was satisfied with the cleanliness, feel of bed, and pillows. My dissatisfaction was based on the age of the hotel. Even though I was told it was renovated within the last year - the rooms, layout, and hallways felt very old and dated. The first room even smelled moldy. If you are looking for a great price, great service, and a great location - you will love this place. If you prefer a fancier or modern hotel with more bells and whistle, on the pristine side - Cambria might not be a good choice.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Comfortable and location was excellent
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

No laundry bags. For the size it should have atleast a microwave. Rooftop lounge was advertised on the tv but not open.

Comfy bed. Big room. Private bathroom. Nice living room area with couch and tv. Excellent location

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The beds are very comfortable, the staff is on there game!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The high rate for parking and no noise control between rooms, other than that the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to all of my guest

The beds are very comfortable, the staff is on there game!!!!!

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Very comfortable stay. Next time I will stay at the Cambria for sure.

Parking was expensive, but I understand, it's Chicago. You had to have the valet service go and get your vehicle in the ramp across the street every time you needed to leave. However, they were very efficient in doing so. Never had to wait more than about 5 minutes.

Friendly staff, very helpful. Great location for shopping. Very clean room. Sam the lobby guy was extremely helpful and most friendly.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Chick's weekend in Chicago was a success!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable. no microwaves in the rooms, although staff said they would get us a microwave when one was turned in. We didn't get one, but didn't need it after all.

i liked being able to communicate with staff by texting. your staff is extraordinarily friendly. even the maintenance guy asked me if everything was OK in my room. Our refrigerator wasn't working because the freezer compartment needed defrosting. So I defrosted it (it's OK. I don't mind, and am not complaining). The doorman (joe?) recognized us!!

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Great hotel!

There was nothing I can complain about. Everything was exactly as I expected.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Location was excellent and the staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

I wasn't given the room I had reserved.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I wasn't given the room I had reserved. Was told there wasn't anymore suites and that it was a system error. I said that wasnt my fault so it was then they said ok come back down as we can give you the suite. No help with our bags or anything and it was their mixup not mine.The breakfast buffet was very small.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

good time
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Bookings.com dropped the ball. Hotel had no record of our reservation, yet they were able to accommodate us with your mess up.

The location fit our plans.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

My stay was a waste of money and disheartening.

I only stayed one night before checking out early and going somewhere else. The parking attendant was rude the hotel staff was rude. The whole checking in process was dealing with people who made me feel like I was wasting their time. My question where answered with a feeling of I should have known that and shouldn’t have asked.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The day I check out, that lady was very nice.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Good value for money, I would recommend to friends visiting Chicago.

See above

Next door very noisy, connecting door meant noise travelled through extremely clearly. Toilet in one of our rooms was blocked from the time we arrived but it was fixed when we returned after a few hours. Fabulous location, short walk to Millionaire Mile. Nice big rooms.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Poor service
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I was told to give an additional 80.00 deposit because I paid with cash and was told I would get it back at check out. They keep it for valet parking that I was unaware of. Every time my car was retrieved I paid the servicemen. I felt that was unfair not to tell me about thge additional charges. I could have parked my car at a very close garage for 14.00 for the entire day instead of 60.00 and when I told the person checking me out he just kept saying sorry. That was not good enough for me. I will never stay there.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Staff is amazing!

Staff is amazing! Rooms are very clean and spacious. They do everything to make the stay very comfortable. Very close to Michigan Ave for shopping. Tons of shops and food in every direction. Love this place; I have stayed a few times and it is my go to hotel while in Chicago.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Nice place in great location
    • King Room - Disability Access

Our room was cold. We turned the a/c on to make it warmer but then it was toooo hot. Even when we set it at the lowest heating temperature it was still too warm. Basically we always felt either cold or too hot when we were in the room. The bathroom was always cold no matter what we did.

Everything else was great.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Excellent quality for a very fair price in downtown Chicago

Excellent location. Great room with functional and modern furniture. Was not welcomed in a room with freezing temperature like in many other places. Agreable lobby.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Everything about the Cambria Hotel was amazing!

Everything about the Cambria Hotel was amazing!! Danielle was an awesome host as well. She checked on us everyday to make sure we needed anything. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chicago.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Great lattes in the cafe downstairs.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Great lattes in the cafe downstairs. Wish breakfast was included for the price, but overall a great place to stay. Awesome location and incredible staff!

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Booking.com really messed up our reservations,but Cambria hotel saved the day!

We drove all the way from Minneapolis,mn to Chicago with my wife and daughter.I get to the Cambria to check in and the host tells me there are no reservations in my name,so I show her my reservations on my phone two Queen beds and she tells me that they don’t have that but she will give me a King suite,so my daughter unfortunately had to sleep on the pullout which was very upsetting!!

Hotel Cambria was beautiful,newly renovated and the location was absolutely wonderful right on the miracle mile!!people where friendly and helpful from the front desk to the Valet!!Exercise room was fantastic and the king suit was spacious!!

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Great Staff, Great Location, Great Rates!!!

Our room was amazing, the bed was very comfortable and the greatest thing is I didn't hear any noise from the surronding rooms. The staff made sure we felt welcome, the bar staff was amazing gave us great tips of places to go and restaurants we should visit. I can say they had great customer service with a smile. Kudos to the bartender and Barista staff they were awesome!

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

BLAH

Couldn't find my reservation, puke in the bathroom downstairs, the lady had an attitude with me, the food was terrible, and my shower was nasty.

Its location was nice, lobby was nice.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

We enjoyed our stay staff was friendly and very helpful!

We enjoyed our stay staff was friendly and very helpful! This was our first time in Chicago we would stay again if we ever come back to town. Thank You .....

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Great location overall, I would say it’s equivalent to a 3.5 star .
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Bathrooms were really small for being in a king suite ,elevators were small and staff was okay but not super friendly . Wish it would have had a pool or hot tub

Location was great for shopping and restaurants !

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

The location is perfect, the bedroom was very clean and...

The view from our room wasn't good, there is a office building on the back the hotel, but I think it is normal in the area.

The location is perfect, the bedroom was very clean and confortable.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Great Hotel for Hospital Visit

Stairs in room could be dangerous at night. Very expensive valet parking only.

Right next to Northwestern Medicine's downtown campus. Nice, modern small hotel. Decent sized rooms, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Great views, great room and great staff!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

We wish we could have stayed longer.

The view was fantastic and the room was clean. The staff was so friendly. They made our stay here very comfortable. Thank you! Being our anniversary, we were really hoping that we picked the right hotel. It definitely was and we would stay here again

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Had s great time and always felt welcome and like a celebrity in the hotel.

Rooftop lounge was closed everyday we were there. But it was very cold and windy so maybe it was for safety?

The staff was friendly and immensely helpful. They all need a nice raise.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

very nice boutique hotel in the heart of downtown's mag mile
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

water pressure in the shower was low

The suites were very clean and roomy with living room space. Renovations looked like there were just updated including the bathroom.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

The hotel was different and pretty.

There wasn’t much of a view and the AC at night everytime it would turn on would make a lot of noise and wake me up. Took me 2 nights to adjust but after that I was fine and slept better

The hotel was different and pretty. I liked the bed and the living room area and the desk area. The lobby was classy and the facility was clean .

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

GREAT hotel!

Very comfortable bed! Nice big tv... PERFECT location. Nice little bar/coffee shop in the lobby. Bathroom is small but adequate, clean and good towels. We'll be back for sure!

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Overall our experience was fantastic.

When booking with booking.com one of the advertised perks of this hotel was the rooftop terrace. But when we went to Chicago, the rooftop deck had been closed for a "Private party" That was very disappointing to us because we really looked forward to that amenity, and I believe that should have been disclosed to us when booking.

Overall our experience was fantastic. Beautiful Bathrooms, great bath products included (Shampoo,conditioner etc) Great lighting and beautiful wall designs. Very friendly staff who went above and beyond by giving us an early check in so we didn't have to carry our bags around the city.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Great getaway hotel!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

There was only a refrigeration and no microwave which was disappointing only because we always had leftovers. Other than that it was perfect!

The bed was very comfortable and the hotel is only steps away from Michigan ave. I would recommend this hotel for both business and leisure.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

I was celebrating my partner's birthday and the staff...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I was celebrating my partner's birthday and the staff had the room decorated with a balloon and a special treat for the birthday guest. I was not expecting that. Definitely surprised and grateful.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Faculty, location, and quality were better than anywhere else I’ve stayed

The staff was amazing. Gentlemen working the front door helped me get my bags to the hospital across the street and offered to take them to our hospital room. They helped us find dining. I will only stay there when in Chicago. Well done everyone